Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Denmark
Publications529 found, 100 shown here
- Ulven T, Receveur J, Grimstrup M, Rist Ø, Frimurer T, Gerlach L, et al. Novel selective orally active CRTH2 antagonists for allergic inflammation developed from in silico derived hits. J Med Chem. 2006;49:6638-41 pubmed..In addition, this selective pharmacological tool compound provides further evidence for CRTH2 as a relevant therapeutic target for treatment of Th2- and eosinophil-related inflammation. ..
- Pedersen K, Simonsen M, Østergaard S, Munk O, Rosa Neto P, Olsen A, et al. Mapping the amphetamine-evoked changes in [11C]raclopride binding in living rat using small animal PET: modulation by MAO-inhibition. Neuroimage. 2007;35:38-46 pubmed..ventral divisions of the rat striatum. Furthermore, the present results do not reveal potentiation of the amphetamine-evoked release of dopamine in rats with MAO inhibition...
- Christiansen S, Scholze M, Axelstad M, Boberg J, Kortenkamp A, Hass U. Combined exposure to anti-androgens causes markedly increased frequencies of hypospadias in the rat. Int J Androl. 2008;31:241-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results indicate that doses of anti-androgens, which appear to induce no hypospadias when judged on their own, may induce a very high frequency of hypospadias when they interact in concert with other anti-androgens. ..
- Whiteford J, Ko S, Lee W, Couchman J. Structural and cell adhesion properties of zebrafish syndecan-4 are shared with higher vertebrates. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29322-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the cell adhesion properties of syndecan-4 are consistent across the vertebrate spectrum and reflect an early acquisition of specialization after syndecan gene duplication events at the invertebrate/early chordate boundary. ..
- Sonne C, Gustavson K, Riget F, Dietz R, Birkved M, Letcher R, et al. Reproductive performance in East Greenland polar bears (Ursus maritimus) may be affected by organohalogen contaminants as shown by physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling. Chemosphere. 2009;77:1558-68 pubmed publisher..This study also indicates that PBPK models may be a supportive tool in the evaluation of possible OHC-mediated health effects for Arctic wildlife. ..
- Christensen M, Erichsen K, Trojel Hansen C, Tjørnelund J, Nielsen S, Frydenvang K, et al. Synthesis and antitumor effect in vitro and in vivo of substituted 1,3-dihydroindole-2-ones. J Med Chem. 2010;53:7140-5 pubmed publisher..The racemic compound (RS)-38 showed complete tumor regression at a dose of 20 mg/kg administered iv on days 1 and 7 in a PC3 rat xenograft...
- Abrahamsen B, Schneider N, Erichsen M, Huynh T, Fahlke C, Bunch L, et al. Allosteric modulation of an excitatory amino acid transporter: the subtype-selective inhibitor UCPH-101 exerts sustained inhibition of EAAT1 through an intramonomeric site in the trimerization domain. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1068-87 pubmed publisher..quot; ..
- Smith G, Badolo L, Chell V, Chen I, Christensen K, David L, et al. The design and SAR of a novel series of 2-aminopyridine based LRRK2 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4500-4505 pubmed publisher..Compounds derived from a 2-aminopyridine screening hit were optimised using a LRRK2 homology model based on mixed lineage kinase 1 (MLK1), such that a 2-aminopyridine-based lead molecule 45, with in vivo activity, was identified. ..
- Lundsgaard D, Holm T, Hornum L, Markholst H. In vivo control of diabetogenic T-cells by regulatory CD4+CD25+ T-cells expressing Foxp3. Diabetes. 2005;54:1040-7 pubmed..We thus demonstrated that CD4(+)CD25(+) cells exhibit powerful regulatory potential in rat diabetes. ..
- Asp S, Watkinson A, Oakes N, Kraegen E. Prior eccentric contractions impair maximal insulin action on muscle glucose uptake in the conscious rat. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1997;82:1327-32 pubmed..05). We conclude that prior eccentric contractions impair maximal insulin action (responsiveness) on local muscle glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in the conscious rat...
- Aleksyniene R, Hvid I. Parathyroid hormone--possible future drug for orthopedic surgery. Medicina (Kaunas). 2004;40:842-9 pubmed
- Madsen K, Beuming T, Niv M, Chang C, Dev K, Weinstein H, et al. Molecular determinants for the complex binding specificity of the PDZ domain in PICK1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20539-48 pubmed
- Huan J, Olgaard K, Nielsen L, Lewin E. Parathyroid hormone 7-84 induces hypocalcemia and inhibits the parathyroid hormone 1-84 secretory response to hypocalcemia in rats with intact parathyroid glands. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:1923-30 pubmed..It is hypothesized that PTH 7-84 regulates PTH secretion via an autocrine/paracrine regulatory mechanism...
- Madsen L, Thomsen B, Sølvsten C, Bendixen C, Fredholm M, Jørgensen A, et al. Identification of the porcine homologous of human disease causing trinucleotide repeat sequences. Neurogenetics. 2007;8:207-18 pubmed..The presence in the porcine genome of TNRs within genes that, in humans, can undergo pathogenic expansions support the usage of the pig as an alternative animal model for studies of TNR evolution, stability, and functional properties. ..
- Ravnskjaer K, Frigerio F, Boergesen M, Nielsen T, Maechler P, Mandrup S. PPARdelta is a fatty acid sensor that enhances mitochondrial oxidation in insulin-secreting cells and protects against fatty acid-induced dysfunction. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:1370-9 pubmed publisher..As maintenance of mitochondrial metabolism is essential to preserve beta-cell function, these data indicate that dietary or pharmacological activation of PPARdelta and RXR may be beneficial in the prevention of beta-cell dysfunction. ..
- Nørregaard R, Jensen B, Topcu S, Wang G, Schweer H, Nielsen S, et al. Urinary tract obstruction induces transient accumulation of COX-2-derived prostanoids in kidney tissue. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R1017-25 pubmed publisher..PGD(2) synthesis is mediated exclusively by COX-1. In BUO, therapeutic interventions aimed at the COX-prostanoid pathway should target primarily COX-2. ..
- Sandhu H, Ansar S, Edvinsson L. Comparison of MEK/ERK pathway inhibitors on the upregulation of vascular G-protein coupled receptors in rat cerebral arteries. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;644:128-37 pubmed publisher..Given the ability to inhibit G-protein coupled receptor alteration at the clinically relevant time-point 6h post incubation makes it an attractive therapeutic agent for in vivo studies. ..
- Dmytriyeva O, Pankratova S, Owczarek S, Sonn K, Soroka V, Ridley C, et al. The metastasis-promoting S100A4 protein confers neuroprotection in brain injury. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1197 pubmed publisher..Our data introduce S100A4 as a therapeutic target in neurodegeneration, and raise the entire S100 family as a potentially important factor in central nervous system injury. ..
- Dixen K, Basse A, Murholm M, Isidor M, Hansen L, Petersen M, et al. ERR? enhances UCP1 expression and fatty acid oxidation in brown adipocytes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21:516-24 pubmed publisher..Through its augmenting effect on expression of UCP1, ERR? may physiologically be involved in increasing the potential for energy expenditure in brown adipocytes, a function that is becoming of therapeutic interest. ..
- Leeming D, Larsen D, Zhang C, Hi Y, Veidal S, Nielsen R, et al. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent serum assays (ELISAs) for rat and human N-terminal pro-peptide of collagen type I (PINP)--assessment of corresponding epitopes. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:1249-56 pubmed publisher..The two corresponding PINP assays were specific and these bone turnover markers may improve translational science for the evaluation for bone-related diseases. ..
- Baatrup E, Thorlacius Ussing O, Nielsen H, Wilsky K. Mercury-selenium interactions in relation to histochemical staining of mercury in the rat liver. Histochem J. 1989;21:89-98 pubmed
- Bak B, Andreassen T. Reduced energy absorption of healed fracture in the rat. Acta Orthop Scand. 1988;59:548-51 pubmed
- Birn H, Verroust P, Nexo E, Hager H, Jacobsen C, Christensen E, et al. Characterization of an epithelial approximately 460-kDa protein that facilitates endocytosis of intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 and binds receptor-associated protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26497-504 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified the epithelial IF-B12-binding receptor as a approximately 460-kDa RAP-binding protein facilitating endocytosis. ..
- Andersen K, Sørensen J, Huusfeldt P, Knutsen L, Lau J, Lundt B, et al. Synthesis of novel GABA uptake inhibitors. 4. Bioisosteric transformation and successive optimization of known GABA uptake inhibitors leading to a series of potent anticonvulsant drug candidates. J Med Chem. 1999;42:4281-91 pubmed..Some of the compounds tested show a high in vivo potency comparable with that of the recently launched anticonvulsant product 6 ((R)-1-(4, 4-bis(3-methyl-2-thienyl)-3-butenyl)-3-piperidinecarboxylic acid). ..
- Lee Y, Damholt A, Billestrup N, Kisbye T, Galante P, Michelsen B, et al. Developmental expression of proprotein convertase 1/3 in the rat. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1999;155:27-35 pubmed
- Jensen C, Meyer M, Schroder H, Kliem A, Zimmer J, Teisner B. Neurons in the monoaminergic nuclei of the rat and human central nervous system express FA1/dlk. Neuroreport. 2001;12:3959-63 pubmed
- Hannibal J, Fahrenkrug J. Immunoreactive substance P is not part of the retinohypothalamic tract in the rat. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;309:293-9 pubmed
- Birn H, Nexø E, Christensen E, Nielsen R. Diversity in rat tissue accumulation of vitamin B12 supports a distinct role for the kidney in vitamin B12 homeostasis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2003;18:1095-100 pubmed
- Sparre T, Reusens B, Cherif H, Larsen M, Roepstorff P, Fey S, et al. Intrauterine programming of fetal islet gene expression in rats--effects of maternal protein restriction during gestation revealed by proteome analysis. Diabetologia. 2003;46:1497-511 pubmed..This could be important for our understanding of the development of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Nykjaer A, Lee R, Teng K, Jansen P, Madsen P, Nielsen M, et al. Sortilin is essential for proNGF-induced neuronal cell death. Nature. 2004;427:843-8 pubmed..Here we report that proNGF creates a signalling complex by simultaneously binding to p75NTR and sortilin. Thus sortilin acts as a co-receptor and molecular switch governing the p75NTR-mediated pro-apoptotic signal induced by proNGF. ..
- Grosman N, Diel F. Influence of pyrethroids and piperonyl butoxide on the Ca(2+)-ATPase activity of rat brain synaptosomes and leukocyte membranes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005;5:263-70 pubmed..The results indicate that it may also be the case in the immune apparatus. ..
- Hansen H, Ebbesen C, Mathiesen C, Weikop P, Rønn L, Waroux O, et al. The KCNQ channel opener retigabine inhibits the activity of mesencephalic dopaminergic systems of the rat. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;318:1006-19 pubmed..Collectively, these observations indicate that retigabine negatively modulates dopaminergic neurotransmission, likely originating from stimulation of mesencephalic KCNQ4 channels. ..
- Matchkov V, Gustafsson H, Rahman A, Briggs Boedtkjer D, Gorintin S, Hansen A, et al. Interaction between Na+/K+-pump and Na+/Ca2+-exchanger modulates intercellular communication. Circ Res. 2007;100:1026-35 pubmed..The experiments suggest that the Na(+)/K(+)-pump may affect gap junction conductivity via localized changes in [Ca(2+)](i) through modulation of Na(+)/Ca(2+)-exchanger activity. ..
- Løfgren B, Povlsen J, Rasmussen L, Støttrup N, Solskov L, Krarup P, et al. Amino acid transamination is crucial for ischaemic cardioprotection in normal and preconditioned isolated rat hearts--focus on L-glutamate. Exp Physiol. 2010;95:140-52 pubmed publisher..Underlying mechanisms of IPC include myocardial glutamate metabolism...
- Aamand R, Dalsgaard T, Jensen F, Simonsen U, Roepstorff A, Fago A. Generation of nitric oxide from nitrite by carbonic anhydrase: a possible link between metabolic activity and vasodilation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H2068-74 pubmed publisher..The CA-mediated NO production may be important to the correlation between blood flow and metabolic activity in tissues, as occurring for instance in active areas of the brain. ..
- Egerod F, Svendsen J, Hinley J, Southgate J, Bartels A, Brunner N, et al. PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma coactivation rapidly induces Egr-1 in the nuclei of the dorsal and ventral urinary bladder and kidney pelvis urothelium of rats. Toxicol Pathol. 2009;37:947-58 pubmed publisher..Finally, our demonstration of a nuclear localization supports that the Egr-1 induced by PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma coactivation in the rat urothelium may be biologically active. ..
- Minuzzi L, Cumming P. Agonist binding fraction of dopamine D2/3 receptors in rat brain: a quantitative autoradiographic study. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:747-52 pubmed publisher..Thus [(3)H]NPA and [(3)H]raclopride binding sites have nearly identical abundances in rat dorsal striatum, but are distinct in the ventral striatum, and with respect to their displacement by LSD. ..
- Fabricius K, Helboe L, Fink Jensen A, Wortwein G, Steiniger Brach B. Pharmacological characterization of social isolation-induced hyperactivity. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;215:257-66 pubmed publisher..The model causes several neurobiological and behavioral alterations consistent with observations in schizophrenia...
- Kehler J, Ritzén A, Langgård M, Petersen S, Farah M, Bundgaard C, et al. Triazoloquinazolines as a novel class of phosphodiesterase 10A (PDE10A) inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:3738-42 pubmed publisher..Two X-ray structures revealed novel binding modes to the catalytic site of the PDE10A enzyme. ..
- Leeming D, He Y, Veidal S, Nguyen Q, Larsen D, Koizumi M, et al. A novel marker for assessment of liver matrix remodeling: an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) detecting a MMP generated type I collagen neo-epitope (C1M). Biomarkers. 2011;16:616-28 pubmed publisher..Finally, the CO1-764 marker was not correlated with skeletal involvement or number of bone metastases. This ELISA has the potential to assess the degree of liver fibrosis in a non-invasive manner. ..
- Munro G, Storm A, Hansen M, Dyhr H, Marcher L, Erichsen H, et al. The combined predictive capacity of rat models of algogen-induced and neuropathic hypersensitivity to clinically used analgesics varies with nociceptive endpoint and consideration of locomotor function. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;101:465-78 pubmed publisher..Finally, although the predictive capacity of these models was largely unaffected by observer-related experience, it was putatively compromised when adverse event profiling of each drug was considered in parallel. ..
- Laustsen C, Østergaard J, Lauritzen M, Nørregaard R, Bowen S, Søgaard L, et al. Assessment of early diabetic renal changes with hyperpolarized [1-(13) C]pyruvate. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2013;29:125-9 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that a similar change in PDH and LDH could be found in the early diabetic kidney...
- Mandrup S, Hummel R, Ravn S, Jensen G, Andreasen P, Gregersen N, et al. Acyl-CoA-binding protein/diazepam-binding inhibitor gene and pseudogenes. A typical housekeeping gene family. J Mol Biol. 1992;228:1011-22 pubmed..No evidence for alternative splicing was obtained. The promoter region of the ACBP/DBI gene is located in a CpG island and lacks a canonical TATA box. Thus, the ACDB/DBI gene exhibits all the hallmarks of a typical housekeeping gene. ..
- Mikkelsen J. Immunohistochemical localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the circumventricular organs of the rat. Cell Tissue Res. 1989;255:307-13 pubmed..In addition to the secretion of VIP into the bloodstream via the circumventricular organs, this study provides evidence that VIP exerts specific influence on the cellular elements of these organs. ..
- Mørk A, Geisler A. A comparative study on the effects of tetracyclines and lithium on the cyclic AMP second messenger system in rat brain. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1995;19:157-69 pubmed..The decreased receptor agonist-stimulated cAMP production in cortical slices in the presence of DMC and MC may be due to the Ca(2+)-chelating ability of these tetracyclines. ..
- Oxlund H, Barckman M, Ortoft G, Andreassen T. Reduced concentrations of collagen cross-links are associated with reduced strength of bone. Bone. 1995;17:365S-371S pubmed..No changes were found in ash or collagen concentrations of the cortical bone.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Grøfte T, Jensen D, Grønbaek H, Wolthers T, Jensen S, Tygstrup N, et al. Effects of growth hormone on steroid-induced increase in ability of urea synthesis and urea enzyme mRNA levels. Am J Physiol. 1998;275:E79-86 pubmed..We found that prednisolone increases the ability of amino N conversion into urea N and urea cycle gene expression. GH had the opposite effects and counteracted the N-wasting side effects of prednisolone. ..
- Andersen F, Jensen J, Heller R, Petersen H, Larsson L, Madsen O, et al. Pax6 and Pdx1 form a functional complex on the rat somatostatin gene upstream enhancer. FEBS Lett. 1999;445:315-20 pubmed..We conclude that the beta/delta-cell-specific activity of the SMS-UE is achieved through simultaneous binding of Pdx1 and Pax6 to the B- and C-elements, respectively. Furthermore, the A-element appears to stabilise Pax6 binding. ..
- Danscher G, Stoltenberg M, Kemp K, Pamphlett R. Bismuth autometallography: protocol, specificity, and differentiation. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:1503-10 pubmed
- Vajda Z, Pedersen M, Doczi T, Sulyok E, Stødkilde Jørgensen H, Frøkiaer J, et al. Effects of centrally administered arginine vasopressin and atrial natriuretic peptide on the development of brain edema in hyponatremic rats. Neurosurgery. 2001;49:697-704; discussion 704-5 pubmed..The results emphasize the direct effects of these hormones on the cellular volume regulatory mechanisms in the brain during the development of cerebral edema. ..
- Macdonald W, Nielsen O, Clausen T. Na+-K+ pump stimulation restores carbacholine-induced loss of excitability and contractility in rat skeletal muscle. J Physiol. 2005;563:459-69 pubmed..The stimulation of the Na+-K+ pump allows muscle to partially recover contractility by regaining excitability through electrogenically driven repolarization of the muscle membrane. ..
- Kornum B, Licht C, Weikop P, Knudsen G, Aznar S. Central serotonin depletion affects rat brain areas differently: a qualitative and quantitative comparison between different treatment schemes. Neurosci Lett. 2006;392:129-34 pubmed..While the pattern of 5-HT depletion using pCPA alone was comparable to the one seen with the combined treatment, the 5-HT depletion using FEN alone showed a different pattern with 5-HT distributed in several brain regions...
- Egerod F, Nielsen H, Iversen L, Thorup I, Storgaard T, Oleksiewicz M. Biomarkers for early effects of carcinogenic dual-acting PPAR agonists in rat urinary bladder urothelium in vivo. Biomarkers. 2005;10:295-309 pubmed
- Knudsen L, Hansen A. Biomarkers of intermediate endpoints in environmental and occupational health. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2007;210:461-70 pubmed
- Loland C, Desai R, Zou M, Cao J, Grundt P, Gerstbrein K, et al. Relationship between conformational changes in the dopamine transporter and cocaine-like subjective effects of uptake inhibitors. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:813-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that chemically different DAT inhibitors stabilize distinct transporter conformations and that this in turn affects the cocaine-like subjective effects of these compounds in vivo. ..
- Larsen M, Mikkelsen J, Hay Schmidt A, Sandi C. Regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the chronic unpredictable stress rat model and the effects of chronic antidepressant treatment. J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:808-16 pubmed publisher..However, a significant increase in BDNF mRNA levels in the dentate gyrus of the dorsal hippocampus correlated with chronic antidepressant treatment emphasizing a role for BDNF in the mechanisms underlying antidepressant activity. ..
- Bjerre Knudsen L, Madsen L, Andersen S, Almholt K, de Boer A, Drucker D, et al. Glucagon-like Peptide-1 receptor agonists activate rodent thyroid C-cells causing calcitonin release and C-cell proliferation. Endocrinology. 2010;151:1473-86 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the long-term consequences of sustained GLP-1 receptor activation in the human thyroid remain unknown and merit further investigation. ..
- Østergaard L, Honoré B, Thorsen L, Baandrup J, Eskildsen Helmond Y, Laursen B, et al. Pulmonary pressure reduction attenuates expression of proteins identified by lung proteomic profiling in pulmonary hypertensive rats. Proteomics. 2011;11:4492-502 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that pulmonary pressure is an important factor for initiating signaling pathways leading to protein expression and muscularization in the pulmonary vasculature. ..
- Jensen C, Gurevich L, Patriciu A, Struijk J, Zachar V, Pennisi C. Increased connective tissue attachment to silicone implants by a water vapor plasma treatment. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:3400-7 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rational approach to optimize the long-term performance of silicone implants, which is likely to have a significant impact in clinical applications demanding enhanced tissue integration of the implants. ..
- Henningsen K, Dyrvig M, Bouzinova E, Christiansen S, Christensen T, Andreasen J, et al. Low maternal care exacerbates adult stress susceptibility in the chronic mild stress rat model of depression. Behav Pharmacol. 2012;23:735-43 pubmed publisher..Assessment of methylation in the resilient versus anhedonic-like rat phenotypes, revealed only minor differences. Thus, maternal care status seems to be a strong predictor or trait marker for the behavioural phenotype. ..
- Nørholm A, Francotte P, Olsen L, Krintel C, Frydenvang K, Goffin E, et al. Synthesis, pharmacological and structural characterization, and thermodynamic aspects of GluA2-positive allosteric modulators with a 3,4-dihydro-2H-1,2,4-benzothiadiazine 1,1-dioxide scaffold. J Med Chem. 2013;56:8736-45 pubmed publisher..The major structural factor increasing the binding affinity of 3 seems to be interactions between the cyclopropyl group of 3 and the backbone of Phe495 and Met496. ..
- Kristensen B, Noraberg J, Zimmer J. Comparison of excitotoxic profiles of ATPA, AMPA, KA and NMDA in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures. Brain Res. 2001;917:21-44 pubmed
- Borch J, Axelstad M, Vinggaard A, Dalgaard M. Diisobutyl phthalate has comparable anti-androgenic effects to di-n-butyl phthalate in fetal rat testis. Toxicol Lett. 2006;163:183-90 pubmed
- Borch J, Metzdorff S, Vinggaard A, Brokken L, Dalgaard M. Mechanisms underlying the anti-androgenic effects of diethylhexyl phthalate in fetal rat testis. Toxicology. 2006;223:144-55 pubmed
- Jayatissa M, Henningsen K, Nikolajsen G, West M, Wiborg O. A reduced number of hippocampal granule cells does not associate with an anhedonia-like phenotype in a rat chronic mild stress model of depression. Stress. 2010;13:95-105 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cell proliferation and a reduction in the total number of granule cells in the VHF are triggered by chronic stress, but do not associate with development of an anhedonia-like state in rats. ..
- Christiansen S, Scholze M, Dalgaard M, Vinggaard A, Axelstad M, Kortenkamp A, et al. Synergistic disruption of external male sex organ development by a mixture of four antiandrogens. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:1839-46 pubmed publisher..However, the consequences of simultaneous exposure to such chemicals are not well described, especially when they exert their actions by differing molecular mechanisms...
- Andreasen J, Henningsen K, Bate S, Christiansen S, Wiborg O. Nicotine reverses anhedonic-like response and cognitive impairment in the rat chronic mild stress model of depression: comparison with sertraline. J Psychopharmacol. 2011;25:1134-41 pubmed publisher..A treatment strategy involving the targeting of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors may prove beneficial for emotional and cognitive disturbances associated with depression. ..
- Agerholm Larsen B, Iversen H, Ibsen P, Moller J, Mahmood F, Jensen K, et al. Preclinical validation of electrochemotherapy as an effective treatment for brain tumors. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3753-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that electrochemotherapy may offer a safe and effective new tool to treat primary brain tumors and brain metastases. ..
- Michelsen B, Petersen J, Boel E, Møldrup A, Dyrberg T, Madsen O. Cloning, characterization, and autoimmune recognition of rat islet glutamic acid decarboxylase in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:8754-8 pubmed..Thus, mammalian cell lines expressing functionally active, recombinant GAD may become important tools to study the nature and the role of GAD autoreactivity in IDDM. ..
- Jorgensen T, Dissing S, Gromada J. Cyclic GMP potentiates phenylephrine but not cyclic ADP-ribose-evoked calcium release from rat lacrimal acinar cells. FEBS Lett. 1996;391:117-20 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that cGMP, via cGMP-dependent protein kinase I alpha , is required for intracellular Ca2+ release following alpha-adrenergic receptor activation in lacrimal acinar cells. ..
- Promeneur D, Kwon T, Frøkiaer J, Knepper M, Nielsen S. Vasopressin V(2)-receptor-dependent regulation of AQP2 expression in Brattleboro rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;279:F370-82 pubmed
- Li C, Wang W, Kwon T, Isikay L, Wen J, Marples D, et al. Downregulation of AQP1, -2, and -3 after ureteral obstruction is associated with a long-term urine-concentrating defect. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F163-71 pubmed
- MacAulay N, Meinild A, Zeuthen T, Gether U. Residues in the extracellular loop 4 are critical for maintaining the conformational equilibrium of the gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter-1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28771-7 pubmed
- Markussen M, Heiberg A, Nielsen R, Leirs H. Vitamin K requirement in Danish anticoagulant-resistant Norway rats (Rattus norvegicus). Pest Manag Sci. 2003;59:913-20 pubmed..We found no indication of different resistance types being present in our test material since vitamin K requirement was not different between rats from separate sampling localities. ..
- Christensen B, Marples D, Kim Y, Wang W, Frøkiaer J, Nielsen S. Changes in cellular composition of kidney collecting duct cells in rats with lithium-induced NDI. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;286:C952-64 pubmed..These effects are likely to be important in lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. ..
- Frische S, Zolotarev A, Kim Y, Praetorius J, Alper S, Nielsen S, et al. AE2 isoforms in rat kidney: immunohistochemical localization and regulation in response to chronic NH4Cl loading. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F1163-70 pubmed..The regulation following NH(4)Cl loading of AE2b in the cTAL suggests a role for AE2 in transepithelial bicarbonate reabsorption in this segment. ..
- Oestergaard S, Chouinard L, Doyle N, Smith S, Tanko L, Qvist P. Early elevation in circulating levels of C-telopeptides of type II collagen predicts structural damage in articular cartilage in the rodent model of collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2886-90 pubmed..Furthermore, the immunohistochemical findings are consistent with the concept that the major source of serum CTX-II is the damaged articular cartilage. ..
- Vogensen S, Frydenvang K, Greenwood J, Postorino G, Nielsen B, Pickering D, et al. A tetrazolyl-substituted subtype-selective AMPA receptor agonist. J Med Chem. 2007;50:2408-14 pubmed
- Jensen M, Hansen B, De Meyts P, Schäffer L, Ursø B. Activation of the insulin receptor by insulin and a synthetic peptide leads to divergent metabolic and mitogenic signaling and responses. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35179-86 pubmed..We show for the first time that it is possible to design insulin receptor ligand mimetics with metabolic equipotency but low mitogenicity. ..
- Sotty F, Damgaard T, Montezinho L, Mørk A, Olsen C, Bundgaard C, et al. Antipsychotic-like effect of retigabine [N-(2-Amino-4-(fluorobenzylamino)-phenyl)carbamic acid ester], a KCNQ potassium channel opener, via modulation of mesolimbic dopaminergic neurotransmission. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;328:951-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies provide evidence that KCNQ channel openers represent a potential new class of antipsychotics. ..
- Hansen M, Krabbe S, Ankorina Stark I, Novak I. Purinergic receptors stimulate Na+/Ca2+ exchange in pancreatic duct cells: possible role of proteins handling and transporting Ca2+. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2009;23:387-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that pancreatic ducts express a number of Ca(2+)-handling/transporting proteins and we propose that these together with purinergic receptors play a role in regulation of duct lumen Ca(2+) content. ..
- Caye Thomasen P, Worsøe L, Brandt C, Miyazaki H, Ostergaard C, Frimodt Møller N, et al. Routes, dynamics, and correlates of cochlear inflammation in terminal and recovering experimental meningitis. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:1560-70 pubmed publisher..The degree of inflammation correlates positively with time of death in untreated meningitis, whereas antibiotic treatment leads to subsiding infiltration during recovery. ..
- Hein Kristensen L, Wiese L, Kurtzhals J, Staalsoe T. In-depth validation of acridine orange staining for flow cytometric parasite and reticulocyte enumeration in an experimental model using Plasmodium berghei. Exp Parasitol. 2009;123:152-7 pubmed publisher..Our data confirms that though flow cytometry is a promising analytical tool in malaria research, care should still be taken when analysing samples from anemic or chronically infected animals. ..
- Pedersen T, de Paoli F, de Paoli F, Flatman J, Nielsen O. Regulation of ClC-1 and KATP channels in action potential-firing fast-twitch muscle fibers. J Gen Physiol. 2009;134:309-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, G(Cl) and G(K) are acutely regulated in AP-firing fast-twitch muscle fibers. Such regulation may contribute to the physiological control of excitability in active muscle...
- Mørk A, Pehrson A, Brennum L, Nielsen S, Zhong H, Lassen A, et al. Pharmacological effects of Lu AA21004: a novel multimodal compound for the treatment of major depressive disorder. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;340:666-75 pubmed publisher..The multimodal activity profile of Lu AA21004 is distinct from that of current antidepressants...
- Olsen K, Axelsen L, Braunstein T, Sørensen C, Andersen C, Ploug T, et al. Myocardial impulse propagation is impaired in right ventricular tissue of Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) rats. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:19 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that lipotoxicity potentially may play a role in development of conduction disturbances and arrhythmias in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Febbraro F, Andersen K, Sanchez Guajardo V, Tentillier N, Romero Ramos M. Chronic intranasal deferoxamine ameliorates motor defects and pathology in the ?-synuclein rAAV Parkinson's model. Exp Neurol. 2013;247:45-58 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that chronic administration of intranasal deferoxamine may be a valid approach to limiting the mishandling of ?-synuclein in the central nervous system observed in Parkinson's disease and slowing disease progression...
- Petersen K, Dyrby L, Williamson D, Edvinsson L, Olesen J. Effect of hypotension and carbon dioxide changes in an improved genuine closed cranial window rat model. Cephalalgia. 2005;25:23-9 pubmed..In contrast, the MMA does not autoregulate and MMA diameter changes in pharmacological studies may exclusively be due to direct pharmacological effects...