Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Argentina
Publications452 found, 100 shown here
- Noriega G, Mattei G, Batlle A, Juknat A. Rat kidney porphobilinogen deaminase kinetics. Detection of enzyme-substrate complexes. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;34:1230-40 pubmed
- Jaureguiberry M, di Nunzio A, Dattilo M, Bianciotti L, Vatta M. Endothelin 1 and 3 enhance neuronal nitric oxide synthase activity through ETB receptors involving multiple signaling pathways in the rat anterior hypothalamus. Peptides. 2004;25:1133-8 pubmed..Our results showed that both ET-1 and ET-3 modulate neuronal NOS activity through the ETB receptor in the rat anterior hypothalamus involving the participation of the PLC-PKC/IP3 pathway as well as PKA and CaMK-II. ..
- Almada L, Bellarosa C, Giraudi P, Mamprín M, Mediavilla M, Guibert E, et al. Gene expression and activity of urea cycle enzymes of rat hepatocytes cold stored up to 120h in University of Wisconsin solution. Cryobiology. 2006;52:393-400 pubmed
- Brocco M, Frasch A. Interfering polysialyltransferase ST8SiaII/STX mRNA inhibits neurite growth during early hippocampal development. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4723-6 pubmed..Therefore, ST8SiaII/STX expression is essential to allow a correct neuritic development at initial stages of hippocampus ontogeny. ..
- Galardo M, Riera M, Pellizzari E, Cigorraga S, Meroni S. The AMP-activated protein kinase activator, 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-b-D-ribonucleoside, regulates lactate production in rat Sertoli cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;39:279-88 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest an important role of AMPK in modulating the nutritional function of Sertoli cells. ..
- Galleano M, Tapia G, Puntarulo S, Varela P, Videla L, Fernandez V. Liver preconditioning induced by iron in a rat model of ischemia/reperfusion. Life Sci. 2011;89:221-8 pubmed publisher..Sub-chronic Fe administration protects the liver against IR injury through antioxidant and anti-inflammatory responses, with recovery of NF-?B activation and related acute-phase response signaling. ..
- Ferretti V, Segal Eiras A, Barbeito C, Croce M. Temporal and spatial expression of Muc2 and Muc5ac mucins during rat respiratory and digestive tracts development. Res Vet Sci. 2016;104:136-45 pubmed publisher..After birth, a low reaction was detected at the tracheal surface epithelium and glands, which increased in adults. ..
- Luster B, Urbano F, Garcia Rill E. Intracellular mechanisms modulating gamma band activity in the pedunculopontine nucleus (PPN). Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..These novel results suggest that PPN gamma oscillations are modulated by two independent pathways related to different Ca(2+) channel types. ..
- Bonavita C, Bisagno V, Bonelli C, Acosta G, Rubio M, Wikinski S. Tolerance to the sedative effect of lorazepam correlates with a diminution in cortical release and affinity for glutamate. Neuropharmacology. 2002;42:619-25 pubmed..Our findings constitute an evidence against the oppositional model of pharmacodynamic tolerance in this experimental condition. ..
- Vela J, Perez Millan M, Becu Villalobos D, Diaz Torga G. Different kinases regulate activation of voltage-dependent calcium channels by depolarization in GH3 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C951-9 pubmed
- Cooke M, Orlando U, Maloberti P, Podesta E, Cornejo Maciel F. Tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 regulates the expression of acyl-CoA synthetase ACSL4. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1936-48 pubmed publisher..We describe for the first time the involvement of SHP2 activity in the regulation of the expression of the fatty acid-metabolizing enzyme ACSL4. ..
- Princ F, Maxit A, Cardalda C, Batlle A, Juknat A. In vivo protection by melatonin against delta-aminolevulinic acid-induced oxidative damage and its antioxidant effect on the activity of haem enzymes. J Pineal Res. 1998;24:1-8 pubmed..The potential use of melatonin as an antioxidant and for its reactivating properties in the treatment of acute porphyrias is considered. ..
- Boveris A, D Amico G, Lores Arnaiz S, Costa L. Enalapril increases mitochondrial nitric oxide synthase activity in heart and liver. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2003;5:691-7 pubmed..Signaling pathways dependent on mitochondrial NO and H(2)O(2) may account for the beneficial effects of enalapril in aging mammals. ..
- Fantinelli J, Schinella G, Cingolani H, Mosca S. Effects of different fractions of a red wine non-alcoholic extract on ischemia-reperfusion injury. Life Sci. 2005;76:2721-33 pubmed..This beneficial effect can be correlated to the ability of that fraction to attenuate the degree of lipid peroxidation. ..
- Dorfman V, Vega M, Coirini H. Age-related changes of the GABA-B receptor in the lumbar spinal cord of male rats and penile erection. Life Sci. 2006;78:1529-34 pubmed..Moreover the changes found in GABA-B receptor binding anatomical distribution may indicate its role in the morphological development of the lumbar spinal cord rather than in the decline of the erectile function. ..
- Moncada D, Viola H. Induction of long-term memory by exposure to novelty requires protein synthesis: evidence for a behavioral tagging. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7476-81 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate the existence of a behavioral tagging process in which the exploration to a novel environment provides the plasticity-related proteins to stabilize the inhibitory avoidance memory trace. ..
- Dokmetjian J, Del Canto S, Vinzón S, de Jiménez Bonino M. Biochemical characterization of the Micrurus pyrrhocryptus venom. Toxicon. 2009;53:375-82 pubmed publisher..pyrrhocryptus venom and one of the few fully determined in members of the Micrurus genus...
- Fernandez D, Bordone M, Chianelli M, Rosenstein R. Retinal neuroprotection against ischemia-reperfusion damage induced by postconditioning. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:3922-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that postconditioning significantly protected retinal function and histology from ischemia-reperfusion injury through a mechanism that involved de novo synthesis of protein. ..
- Astort F, Repetto E, Martinez Calejman C, Cipelli J, Sanchez R, Di Gruccio J, et al. High glucose-induced changes in steroid production in adrenal cells. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2009;25:477-86 pubmed publisher..HG induces oxidative stress and affects steroid production in adrenal cells; the involvement of HO activity in the modulation of steroidogenesis in Y1 cells is postulated. ..
- Rapanelli M, Frick L, Zanutto B. Modulation of endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthases during learning of an operant conditioning task. J Neurochem. 2010;113:725-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that during learning there is a differential regulation of eNOS and nNOS in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus and that NO could be acting as a promoter of plasticity. ..
- Costa M, Lopez Verrilli M, Gomez K, Nakagawa P, Peña C, Arranz C, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7) upregulates cardiac nitric oxide synthase in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H1205-11 pubmed publisher..In this way ANG-(1-7) may elicit its cardioprotective action and contribute to some of the counterregulatory AT(2) receptor effects that oppose the AT(1) receptor-mediated effects. ..
- Pazo J, Höcht C, Barceló A, Fillipini B, Lomastro M. Effect of electrical and chemical stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus on the release of striatal dopamine. Synapse. 2010;64:905-15 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that the STN has a tonic action on the substantia nigra pars compacta (SNc), and the release of striatal DA by HFS-STN may be due to activation of the STN acting directly on SNc neurons. ..
- Rodriguez M, Diez F, Ventimiglia M, Morales V, Copsel S, Vatta M, et al. Atrial natriuretic factor stimulates efflux of cAMP in rat exocrine pancreas via multidrug resistance-associated proteins. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:1292-302 pubmed publisher..Cyclic AMP extrusion might be a mechanism, in addition to phosphodiesterase action, to regulate intracellular cAMP levels in pancreatic acinar cells. ..
- Saraceno G, Castilla R, Barreto G, Gonzalez J, Kölliker Frers R, Capani F. Hippocampal dendritic spines modifications induced by perinatal asphyxia. Neural Plast. 2012;2012:873532 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this data suggests that long-term actin cytoskeleton might have role in PSD alterations which would be a spread phenomenon induced by PA. ..
- Tallis S, Caltana L, Souto P, Delfante A, Lago N, Brusco A, et al. Changes in CNS cells in hyperammonemic portal hypertensive rats. J Neurochem. 2014;128:431-44 pubmed publisher..It is likely that this hypoxia-like state is triggered via ammonia occupying the binding domain of HIF-1? and thereby preventing its degradation and inducing its stabilization, leading to the over-expression of P-gp and the Epo-R. ..
- Gironacci M, Cerniello F, Longo Carbajosa N, Goldstein J, Cerrato B. Protective axis of the renin-angiotensin system in the brain. Clin Sci (Lond). 2014;127:295-306 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we provide an overview of effects elicited by Ang-(1-7) in the brain, which suggest a potential role for Ang-(1-7) in controlling the central development of hypertension. ..
- Salgueiro M, Zubillaga M, Lysionek A, Sarabia M, Caro R, De Paoli T, et al. Bioavailability, biodistribution, and toxicity of BioZn-AAS(1): a new zinc source. comparative studies in rats. Nutrition. 2000;16:762-6 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that BioZn-AAS has adequate properties to be considered a proper zinc compound for food fortification or dietary supplementation. ..
- Elgoyhen A, Vetter D, Katz E, Rothlin C, Heinemann S, Boulter J. alpha10: a determinant of nicotinic cholinergic receptor function in mammalian vestibular and cochlear mechanosensory hair cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3501-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that efferent modulation of hair cell function occurs, at least in part, through heteromeric nAChRs assembled from both alpha9 and alpha10 subunits. ..
- Sobrado V, Montemartini Kalisz M, Kalisz H, De La Fuente M, Hecht H, Nowicki C. Involvement of conserved asparagine and arginine residues from the N-terminal region in the catalytic mechanism of rat liver and Trypanosoma cruzi tyrosine aminotransferases. Protein Sci. 2003;12:1039-50 pubmed..cruzi TAT also lowered the catalytic efficiencies (k(cat)/K(m)) of the variants substantially. The results imply that the mamalian TAT is more closely related to the T. cruzi TAT than to ASATs and ARATs. ..
- Basso W, Edelhofer R, Zenker W, Möstl K, Kübber Heiss A, Prosl H. Toxoplasmosis in Pallas' cats (Otocolobus manul) raised in captivity. Parasitology. 2005;130:293-9 pubmed..The surviving animals were immediately treated with clindamycin for 16 weeks; they acquired a natural infection and seroconverted by the end of this time without clinical signs...
- Giani J, Gironacci M, Muñoz M, Turyn D, Dominici F. Angiotensin-(1-7) has a dual role on growth-promoting signalling pathways in rat heart in vivo by stimulating STAT3 and STAT5a/b phosphorylation and inhibiting angiotensin II-stimulated ERK1/2 and Rho kinase activity. Exp Physiol. 2008;93:570-8 pubmed publisher..The latter effect could be representative of a mechanism for a protective role of ANG-(1-7) in the heart by counteracting the effects of locally generated ANG II. ..
- Mecca M, Bartel L, Castro C, Castro J. Benznidazole biotransformation in rat heart microsomal fraction without observable ultrastructural alterations: comparison to Nifurtimox-induced cardiac effects. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2008;103:549-53 pubmed..In conclusion, when these drugs are used in chagasic patients, Bz may pose a lesser risk to heart function than Nfx when any cardiopathy is present. ..
- Beltrame J, Sordelli M, Cella M, Perez Martinez S, Franchi A, Ribeiro M. Lysophosphatidic acid increases the production of pivotal mediators of decidualization and vascularization in the rat uterus. Placenta. 2013;34:751-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the participation of LPA/LPA3 in the production of crucial molecules involved in vascularization and decidualization, two main processes that prepare the uterine milieu for embryo invasion during implantation. ..
- Chicco A, Creus A, Illesca P, Hein G, Rodriguez S, Fortino A. Effects of post-suckling n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids: prevention of dyslipidemia and liver steatosis induced in rats by a sucrose-rich diet during pre- and post-natal life. Food Funct. 2016;7:445-54 pubmed publisher..SRD-dams' breast milk showed a more saturated fatty acid composition. These results suggest the capacity of n-3 PUFAs to overcome some adverse outcomes induced by a maternal and post-weaning sucrose-rich diet. ..
- Winocur D, Videla C, Carballal G. [Rapid serologic diagnosis of Argentinian hemorrhagic fever in whole blood]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 1989;21:85-8 pubmed..These results show that the method of detection of antibodies in whole blood would be useful to test quickly for anti-Junin virus antibodies in seroepidemiologic studies, in endemic areas...
- Monserrat A, Benavides S, Berra A, Farina S, Vicario S, Porta E. Lectin histochemistry of lipofuscin and certain ceroid pigments. Histochem Cell Biol. 1995;103:435-45 pubmed..Furthermore, the extractive procedures used in this study did not enable us to determine whether the saccharides detected in the pigments in situ corresponded to glycolipids or glycoproteins. ..
- Cerrutti J, Quaglia N, Torres A. Characterization of the mechanisms involved in the gender differences in p-aminohippurate renal elimination in rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2001;79:805-13 pubmed..05). These changes might also explain the lower secreted load of PAH. The sex difference in the renal clearance of PAH was also evidenced by the reduced systemic clearance observed in female rats. ..
- Cantoni G, Padula P, Calderon G, Mills J, Herrero E, Sandoval P, et al. Seasonal variation in prevalence of antibody to hantaviruses in rodents from southern Argentina. Trop Med Int Health. 2001;6:811-6 pubmed..For an HPS case that occurred in our study area in 1997, we identified the probable rodent reservoir and likely site of exposure by matching the genetic sequences of virus obtained from a rodent and the HPS case patient...
- Riobo N, Melani M, Sanjuan N, Fiszman M, Gravielle M, Carreras M, et al. The modulation of mitochondrial nitric-oxide synthase activity in rat brain development. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42447-55 pubmed..Altogether, these findings support the notion that a coordinated modulation of mtNOS and Mn-superoxide dismutase contributes to establish the rat brain redox status and participate in the normal physiology of brain development. ..
- Marinelli R, Tietz P, Caride A, Huang B, Larusso N. Water transporting properties of hepatocyte basolateral and canalicular plasma membrane domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43157-62 pubmed..These data suggest a molecular mechanism for the efficient coupling of osmotically active solutes and water transport during canalicular bile formation...
- Peroni R, Orliac M, Becu Villalobos D, Huidobro Toro J, Adler Graschinsky E, Celuch S. Sex-linked differences in the vasorelaxant effects of anandamide in vascular mesenteric beds: role of oestrogens. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;493:151-60 pubmed
- Polizio A, Peña C. Effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade on the oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive rat tissues. Regul Pept. 2005;128:1-5 pubmed..Ang II seems to play no role in this process in normotensive animals, although AT1 receptor blockade in SHR enhances the enzymatic activity indicating that Ang II is implicated in oxidative stress generation in the hypertensive animals. ..
- Machiavelli L, Poliandri A, Quinteros F, Cabilla J, Duvilanski B. Reactive oxygen species are key mediators of the nitric oxide apoptotic pathway in anterior pituitary cells. Nitric Oxide. 2007;16:237-46 pubmed..GPx activity and GSH level augment in response to the oxidative damage, though this increase seems not to be enough to rescue the cells from the NO effect. ..
- Reina S, Orman B, Anaya J, Sterin Borda L, Borda E. Cholinoreceptor autoantibodies in Sjögren syndrome. J Dent Res. 2007;86:832-6 pubmed..These findings illustrate the importance of autoantibodies to cholinoreceptors in the generation of chronic inflammation of target tissues in SS. ..
- Castilla R, Gadaleta M, Castillo A, Duarte A, Neuman I, Paz C, et al. New enzymes involved in the mechanism of action of epidermal growth factor in a clonal strain of Leydig tumor cells. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3743-52 pubmed publisher..e. the mitochondria; 2) mEGF can up-regulate acyl-CoA synthetase and Acot2 mRNA and protein levels; and 3) mEGF-stimulated intramitochondrial AA release leads to StAR protein induction. ..
- Llovera R, de Tullio M, Alonso L, Leissring M, Kaufman S, Roher A, et al. The catalytic domain of insulin-degrading enzyme forms a denaturant-resistant complex with amyloid beta peptide: implications for Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17039-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results are suggestive of an unprecedented mechanism of conformation-dependent substrate binding that may perturb Abeta clearance, insulin turnover, and promote AD pathogenesis. ..
- Vanasco V, Cimolai M, Evelson P, Alvarez S. The oxidative stress and the mitochondrial dysfunction caused by endotoxemia are prevented by alpha-lipoic acid. Free Radic Res. 2008;42:815-23 pubmed publisher..The treatment with LA prevented the oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction observed in this model. ..
- Lopez Verrilli M, Pirola C, Pascual M, Dominici F, Turyn D, Gironacci M. Angiotensin-(1-7) through AT receptors mediates tyrosine hydroxylase degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Neurochem. 2009;109:326-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ang-(1-7) down-regulates TH activity and expression centrally leading to a decrease in the central NE system activity. ..
- Escudero N, Lacave M, Ubios A, Mandalunis P. Effect of monosodium olpadronate on osteoclasts and megakaryocytes: an in vivo study. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2009;9:109-20 pubmed..The effect of OPD and other BPs on Mks should be investigated further to elucidate the mechanism by which BPs act on the bone-bone marrow functional unit, and understand the therapeutic implications of BPs. ..
- Villarreal A, Aviles Reyes R, Angelo M, Reines A, Ramos A. S100B alters neuronal survival and dendrite extension via RAGE-mediated NF-?B signaling. J Neurochem. 2011;117:321-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, basal NF-?B activity in neurons is crucial to modulate the extent of pro-survival or pro-death S100B effects. ..
- Catanzaro O, Labal E, Andornino A, Capponi J, Di Martino I, Sirois P. Blockade of early and late retinal biochemical alterations associated with diabetes development by the selective bradykinin B1 receptor antagonist R-954. Peptides. 2012;34:349-52 pubmed publisher..The beneficial role of the BKB(1)-R antagonist R-954 for the treatment of the diabetic retinopathy is also suggested. ..
- Caimi K, Varni V, Melendez Y, Koval A, Brihuega B, Ruybal P. A combined approach of VNTR and MLST analysis: improving molecular typing of Argentinean isolates of Leptospira interrogans. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2012;107:644-51 pubmed..This study is the first to combine both strategies for L. interrogans typing to generate a more comprehensive molecular genotyping of isolates from Argentina in a global context. ..
- Gualdesi M, Briñón M, Quevedo M. Intestinal permeability of lamivudine (3TC) and two novel 3TC prodrugs. Experimental and theoretical analyses. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;47:965-78 pubmed publisher..The results also highlight the potential of combining experimental and theoretical studies in the design of 3TC prodrugs with enhanced intestinal permeation properties. ..
- Ferder I, Parborell F, Sundblad V, Chiauzzi V, Gomez K, Charreau E, et al. Expression of fragile X mental retardation protein and Fmr1 mRNA during folliculogenesis in the rat. Reproduction. 2013;145:335-43 pubmed publisher..Our study shows a regulated expression of Fmr1, both at mRNA and protein levels, during rat follicular development. ..
- Blazquez A, Briz O, Gonzalez Sanchez E, Perez M, Ghanem C, Marin J. The effect of acetaminophen on the expression of BCRP in trophoblast cells impairs the placental barrier to bile acids during maternal cholestasis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:77-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, acetaminophen induces in placenta oxidative stress and a down-regulation of BCRP/Bcrp, which may impair the placental barrier to bile acids during maternal cholestasis. ..
- Cuenya L, Sabariego M, Donaire R, Callejas Aguilera J, Torres C, FernÃ¡ndez Teruel A. Exploration of a novel object in late adolescence predicts novelty-seeking behavior in adulthood: Associations among behavioral responses in four novelty-seeking tests. Behav Processes. 2016;125:34-42 pubmed publisher..Present results show consistent behavioral associations across four novelty-seeking tests and suggest that late adolescent novelty seeking predicts this genetically-influenced temperamental trait in adult Roman rats. ..
- Celiberto L, Bedani R, Dejani N, Ivo de Medeiros A, Sampaio Zuanon J, Spolidorio L, et al. Effect of a probiotic beverage consumption (Enterococcus faecium CRL 183 and Bifidobacterium longum ATCC 15707) in rats with chemically induced colitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175935 pubmed publisher..The obtained results suggest that a regular intake of the probiotic product, and placebo to a lesser extent, can reduce the severity of DSS-induced colitis on rats. ..
- Zappa Villar M, López León M, Pardo J, Costa M, Crespo R, Dardenne M, et al. A new adenovector system for implementing thymulin gene therapy for inflammatory disorders. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:180-187 pubmed publisher..We conclude that our regulatable two-adenovector system is an effective molecular tool for implementing short and long-term anti-inflammatory thymulin gene therapy in animal models of acute or chronic inflammation. ..
- Roma M, Milkiewicz P, Elias E, Coleman R. Control by signaling modulators of the sorting of canalicular transporters in rat hepatocyte couplets: role of the cytoskeleton. Hepatology. 2000;32:1342-56 pubmed..A second pathway is activated by DBcAMP activation via Ca(2+)-calmodulin formation, whose requirements with respect to cytoskeletal components are opposite. PKC has a negative regulatory role in both pathways...
- Reyes Toso C, Rebagliati I, Ricci C, Linares L, Albornoz L, Cardinali D, et al. Effect of melatonin treatment on oxygen consumption by rat liver mitochondria. Amino Acids. 2006;31:299-302 pubmed..Basal state 4 respiration was not modified by melatonin. Melatonin, by curtailing overstimulation of cellular respiration caused by excess Krebs' cycle substrates, can protect the mitochondria from oxidative damage...
- German O, Miranda G, Abrahan C, Rotstein N. Ceramide is a mediator of apoptosis in retina photoreceptors. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:1658-68 pubmed
- Monje L, Varayoud J, Munoz De Toro M, Luque E, Ramos J. Neonatal exposure to bisphenol A alters estrogen-dependent mechanisms governing sexual behavior in the adult female rat. Reprod Toxicol. 2009;28:435-42 pubmed publisher..Our results show that BPA permanently alters the hypothalamic estrogen-dependent mechanisms that govern sexual behavior in the adult female rat. ..
- Leal M, Magnani N, Villordo S, Buslje C, Evelson P, Castano E, et al. Transcriptional regulation of insulin-degrading enzyme modulates mitochondrial amyloid ? (A?) peptide catabolism and functionality. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:12920-31 pubmed publisher..These changes were restored by inhibition of ?-secretase or promotion of mitochondrial biogenesis. Our results suggest that IDE-Met(1) links the mitochondrial biogenesis pathway with mitA? levels and organelle functionality. ..
- Carreras M, Peralta J, Converso D, Finocchietto P, Rebagliati I, Zaninovich A, et al. Modulation of liver mitochondrial NOS is implicated in thyroid-dependent regulation of O(2) uptake. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H2282-8 pubmed..Increased mtNOS activity was also observed in skeletal muscle mitochondria from hypothyroid rats. Therefore, we suggest that modulation of mtNOS is a substantial part of thyroid effects on mitochondrial O(2) uptake...
- Longhi S, Blank V, Roguin L, Cristodero M, Retegui L. Relative localization of the prolactin receptor binding sites for lactogenic hormones. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2001;11:324-8 pubmed..Thus, results presented in this paper suggest that PRLR binding sites for hGH, oPRL and hPL do not exactly overlap in spite of full competition between ligands. ..
- Marder M, Viola H, Wasowski C, Fernandez S, Medina J, Paladini A. 6-methylapigenin and hesperidin: new valeriana flavonoids with activity on the CNS. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003;75:537-45 pubmed..MA and HN are new members of the growing family of natural flavonoids with activity on the CNS, and their properties suggest that they are promising drug leads in the field. ..
- Crocenzi F, Basiglio C, Pérez L, Portesio M, Pozzi E, Roma M. Silibinin prevents cholestasis-associated retrieval of the bile salt export pump, Bsep, in isolated rat hepatocyte couplets: possible involvement of cAMP. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:1113-20 pubmed..We conclude that Sil prevented TLC- and E(2)17G-induced bile salt secretory failure, at least in part, by avoiding redistribution of Bsep, by a mechanism probably involving cAMP-induced cytosolic Ca(2+) elevations...
- Quintar A, Roth F, De Paul A, Aoki A, Maldonado C. Toll-like receptor 4 in rat prostate: modulation by testosterone and acute bacterial infection in epithelial and stromal cells. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:664-72 pubmed..In addition, TLR4 appears to be implicated in the vital stromal-epithelial interactions that maintain prostate homeostasis during prostatitis, as well as following androgen deprivation. ..
- Galardo M, Riera M, Pellizzari E, Chemes H, Venara M, Cigorraga S, et al. Regulation of expression of Sertoli cell glucose transporters 1 and 3 by FSH, IL1 beta, and bFGF at two different time-points in pubertal development. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;334:295-304 pubmed publisher..Hormonal regulation of GLUT1 expression and consequently glucose uptake and lactate production may be a key molecular event in the regulation of spermatogenesis by hormones. ..
- Thomas M, Martinez Tosar L, Desbats M, Leishman C, Boccaccio G. Mammalian Staufen 1 is recruited to stress granules and impairs their assembly. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:563-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that Stau1 is involved in recovery from stress by stabilizing polysomes, thus helping stress granule dissolution. ..
- HÃ¶cht C, Lazarowski A, Gonzalez N, Mayer M, Opezzo J, Taira C, et al. Differential hippocampal pharmacokinetics of phenobarbital and carbamazepine in repetitive seizures induced by 3-mercaptopropionic acid. Neurosci Lett. 2009;453:54-7 pubmed publisher..Conversely, hippocampal levels of phenobarbital are reduced in MP rats with regard to non-epileptic rats, suggesting a potential role of P-gp overexpression in pharmacoresistance to phenobarbital. ..
- Rosón M, Della Penna S, Cao G, Gorzalczany S, Pandolfo M, Toblli J, et al. Different protective actions of losartan and tempol on the renal inflammatory response to acute sodium overload. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:41-8 pubmed publisher..The protective role of tempol, but not of losartan, in the inflammatory response may be associated with its greater antioxidant effects. ..
- Toblli J, Cao G, Oliveri L, Angerosa M. Assessment of the extent of oxidative stress induced by intravenous ferumoxytol, ferric carboxymaltose, iron sucrose and iron dextran in a nonclinical model. Arzneimittelforschung. 2011;61:399-410 pubmed publisher..Only low molecular weight iron dextran induced oxidative stress and inflammation in the heart. ..
- Salido E, Bordone M, De Laurentiis A, Chianelli M, Keller Sarmiento M, Dorfman D, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of melatonin in reducing retinal damage in an experimental model of early type 2 diabetes in rats. J Pineal Res. 2013;54:179-89 pubmed publisher..In addition, melatonin prevented the decrease in retinal catalase activity. These results indicate that melatonin protected the retina from the alterations observed in an experimental model of DR associated with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Wainstok de Calmanovici R, Cochón A, Aldonatti C, Cabral J, San Martin de Viale L. Sex comparison of heme pathway in rats bearing hepatic tumors. Tumori. 1991;77:379-84 pubmed..e) The heme pathway was functional in DENA induced tumors in both male and female rats but they were little affected by HCB. ..
- Sterin Borda L, Goin J, Bilder C, Iantorno G, Hernando A, Borda E. Interaction of human chagasic IgG with human colon muscarinic acetylcholine receptor: molecular and functional evidence. Gut. 2001;49:699-705 pubmed..In chagasic patients with megacolon there are antibodies that can recognise and activate M2 mAChR. The implications of these autoantibodies in the pathogenesis of chagasic megacolon is discussed. ..
- Arnaiz M, Fichera L, Postan M. Cardiac myocyte hypertrophy and proliferating cell nuclear antigen expression in Wistar rats infected with Trypanosoma cruzi. J Parasitol. 2002;88:919-25 pubmed..002 and <8-39%, P < 0.002, respectively). These results show that the heart responds to T. cruzi infection with DNA repair and cell multiplication in the inflamed sites and with hypertrophy of the unaffected myocardium. ..
- Azcurra J, Soiza Reilly M, Fossati M, Paratcha G. Delayed and bilateral changes of GAP-43/B-50 phosphorylation after circling training during a critical period in rat striatum. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;118:166-70 pubmed..However, there is a lag between initiation of the phosphorylation response in this asymmetrical task which does not occur when animals are subjected to exercise under conditions of symmetrical motor activity. ..
- Bregonzio C, Moreno G, Cabrera R, Donoso A. NMDA receptors in the medial zona incerta stimulate luteinizing hormone and prolactin release. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2004;24:331-42 pubmed..These results suggest a close interaction between the glutamatergic and dopaminergic incertohypothalamic systems on the control of luteinizing hormone and prolactin release. ..
- Abramovich D, Parborell F, Tesone M. Effect of a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitory treatment on the folliculogenesis and ovarian apoptosis in gonadotropin-treated prepubertal rats. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:434-41 pubmed..We concluded that the local inhibition of VEGFA activity appears to produce an increase in ovarian apoptosis through an imbalance among the BCL2 family members, thus leading a larger number of follicles to atresia. ..
- Tasat D, Orona N, Mandalunis P, Cabrini R, Ubios A. Ultrastructural and metabolic changes in osteoblasts exposed to uranyl nitrate. Arch Toxicol. 2007;81:319-26 pubmed..controls. Our results show that UN modifies osteoblast cell metabolism by increasing ROS generation and reducing APh activity, suggesting that ROS may play a more complex role in cell physiology than simply causing oxidative damage...
- Rosón M, Toblli J, Della Penna S, Gorzalczany S, Pandolfo M, Cavallero S, et al. Renal protective role of atrial natriuretic peptide in acute sodium overload-induced inflammatory response. Am J Nephrol. 2006;26:590-601 pubmed..4 +/- 0.8 and 8.8 +/- 0.7, p < 0.001). Our study provides evidence supporting a protective role of ANP in both prevention and reversion of renal inflammation in rats with acute sodium overload. ..
- Gallo L, Ghini A, Piwien Pilipuk G, Galigniana M. Differential recruitment of tetratricorpeptide repeat domain immunophilins to the mineralocorticoid receptor influences both heat-shock protein 90-dependent retrotransport and hormone-dependent transcriptional activity. Biochemistry. 2007;46:14044-57 pubmed..Hsp90 complex to positively regulate the mineralocorticoid effect. ..