Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on random allocation in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: random allocation
Publications458 found, 100 shown here
- Levy E, Hanel R, Howington J, Nemes B, Boulos A, Tio F, et al. Sirolimus-eluting stents in the canine cerebral vasculature: a prospective, randomized, blinded assessment of safety and vessel response. J Neurosurg. 2004;100:688-94 pubmed..Further studies with longer-term follow up are required to assess the restenosis rates of sirolimus-coated stents implanted in the intracranial vasculature. ..
- Risco C, Hernandez J. Comparison of ceftiofur hydrochloride and estradiol cypionate for metritis prevention and reproductive performance in dairy cows affected with retained fetal membranes. Theriogenology. 2003;60:47-58 pubmed..In addition, administration of ECP did not have beneficial effects on metritis prevention and reproductive performance. ..
- Cho H, Nie R, Carnes K, Zhou Q, Sharief N, Hess R. The antiestrogen ICI 182,780 induces early effects on the adult male mouse reproductive tract and long-term decreased fertility without testicular atrophy. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2003;1:57 pubmed
- Agudelo J, Lindemann M, Cromwell G, Newman M, Nimmo R. Virginiamycin improves phosphorus digestibility and utilization by growing-finishing pigs fed a phosphorus-deficient, corn-soybean meal diet. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:2173-82 pubmed
- Hong Y, Turowski M, Lin J, Yokoyama W. Simultaneous characterization of bile acid, sterols, and determination of acylglycerides in feces from soluble cellulose-fed hamsters using HPLC with evaporative light-scattering detection and APCI-MS. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:9750-7 pubmed..We believe that this is the first report of excretion of acylglycerides following neutral soluble fiber feeding. ..
- Sanchez L, Elfenbein J, Robertson S. Effect of acepromazine, butorphanol, or N-butylscopolammonium bromide on visceral and somatic nociception and duodenal motility in conscious horses. Am J Vet Res. 2008;69:579-85 pubmed publisher..Each drug caused predictable changes in sedation and vital signs, but consistent anti-nociceptive effects were not evident. ..
- Asp M, Tian M, Wendel A, Belury M. Evidence for the contribution of insulin resistance to the development of cachexia in tumor-bearing mice. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:756-63 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that insulin resistance is not only present in cachexia, but also has a role in cachexia pathogenesis. Correction of insulin resistance may be a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of cancer cachexia. ..
- Oswald B, Maddox S, Tisdale N, Powell D. Encoding and retrieval are differentially processed by the anterior cingulate and prelimbic cortices: a study based on trace eyeblink conditioning in the rabbit. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2010;93:37-45 pubmed publisher..These findings were, however, specific to those experiments in which the relatively non-aversive airpuff was the US. ..
- Ramos L, Peña G, Cai B, Deitch E, Ulloa L. Mast cell stabilization improves survival by preventing apoptosis in sepsis. J Immunol. 2010;185:709-16 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the first evidence that MCs have major immunological implications regulating cell death in sepsis and represent a pharmacological target for infectious disorders in a clinically realistic time frame. ..
- Hayashi H, Sakai K, Baba H, Sakai T. Thrombospondin-1 is a novel negative regulator of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy through transforming growth factor-beta1 activation in mice. Hepatology. 2012;55:1562-73 pubmed publisher..Our work defines TSP-1 as a novel immediate early gene that could be a potential therapeutic target to accelerate liver regeneration. ..
- Bellaw J, Pagan J, Cadell S, Phethean E, Donecker J, Nielsen M. Objective evaluation of two deworming regimens in young Thoroughbreds using parasitological and performance parameters. Vet Parasitol. 2016;221:69-75 pubmed publisher..Performance parameters can provide useful information in cases of suboptimal parasite control. ..
- McCabe R, Schlossberg D, Donowitz G, Scheld W, Zellner S, Lindenberg L, et al. Comparison of once-daily cephalosporin regimens for community-acquired lower respiratory tract infections in patients with chronic lung disease. Clin Ther. 1989;11:304-14 pubmed
- Youngentob S, Pyrski M, Margolis F. Adenoviral vector-mediated rescue of the OMP-null behavioral phenotype: enhancement of odorant threshold sensitivity. Behav Neurosci. 2004;118:636-42 pubmed..The rescue of the OMP-null behavioral phenotype further supports the hypothesis that OMP is an important component in olfactory signal amplification and/or transduction processing. ..
- Trease C, McIff T, Toby E. Locking versus nonlocking T-plates for dorsal and volar fixation of dorsally comminuted distal radius fractures: a biomechanical study. J Hand Surg Am. 2005;30:756-63 pubmed..Whether the lower stiffness and failure strength are of clinical significance is unknown. The unfilled hole at the site of comminution or osteotomy is potentially a site of weakness in both volar locked and nonlocked plates. ..
- Larraín R, Richards M, Schaefer D, Ji L, Reed J. Growth performance and muscle oxidation in rats fed increasing amounts of high-tannin sorghum. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:3276-84 pubmed..Feeding HTS reduced markers of protein oxidation in rat muscle after 6 d of refrigerated storage. If similar results are observed in animals such as swine or cattle, the use of HTS as animal feed should be reassessed. ..
- Esser N, Hoffman P, Coblentz W, Orth M, Weigel K. The effect of dietary phosphorus on bone development in dairy heifers. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:1741-9 pubmed publisher..1 vs. 18.6%) in heifers fed no supplemental P. Data suggest P supplementation to heifers modestly increased bone P content but increased bone P was not reflected in frame growth, bone density, or bone metabolism. ..
- Hamilton G, Whitcher L, Klintsova A. Postnatal binge-like alcohol exposure decreases dendritic complexity while increasing the density of mature spines in mPFC Layer II/III pyramidal neurons. Synapse. 2010;64:127-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrates that postnatal exposure to alcohol produces changes in the neuronal organization of rat adolescent PFC that may affect the performance on prefrontal-dependant behavioral tasks. ..
- Chen J, Fluharty F, St Pierre N, Morrison M, Yu Z. Technical note: Occurrence in fecal microbiota of genes conferring resistance to both macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B and tetracyclines concomitant with feeding of beef cattle with tylosin. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:2385-91 pubmed publisher..Both the erm and tet genes appeared to be disseminated among the microbial populations in all steers housed together. ..
- Goldstein E, Church J, Pukos N, Gottipati M, Popovich P, McTigue D. Intraspinal TLR4 activation promotes iron storage but does not protect neurons or oligodendrocytes from progressive iron-mediated damage. Exp Neurol. 2017;298:42-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, while TLR4 signaling promotes CNS iron uptake, future work needs to determine ways to enhance iron removal without blocking the reparative effects of innate immune receptor signaling. ..
- Jones D, Hancock J, Harmon D, Walker C. Effects of exogenous emulsifiers and fat sources on nutrient digestibility, serum lipids, and growth performance in weanling pigs. J Anim Sci. 1992;70:3473-82 pubmed..06), and pigs fed tallow without emulsifiers had the lowest ADG. Considering all experiments, addition of emulsifiers increased digestibility of nutrients but had minimal effect on growth performance. ..
- Bashore T, Grines C, Utlak D, Boudoulas H, Wooley C. Postural exercise abnormalities in symptomatic patients with mitral valve prolapse. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1988;11:499-507 pubmed..Cardiac index measurements reflected the reduced left ventricular end-diastolic volume observed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Osnas E, Lively C. Parasite dose, prevalence of infection and local adaptation in a host-parasite system. Parasitology. 2004;128:223-8 pubmed..These results suggest that defences in the allopatric host were not overwhelmed at high parasite doses, and that any life-history costs of defence are not plastic responses to parasite dose. ..
- Bulsara K, Coates J, Agrawal V, Eifler D, Wagner Mann C, Durham H, et al. Effect of combined simvastatin and cyclosporine compared with simvastatin alone on cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage in a canine model. Neurosurg Focus. 2006;21:E11 pubmed..Vasodilation greater than baseline is seen at Day 10 in the simvastatin group. The combination of simvastatin and cyclosporine does not ameliorate cerebral vasospasm in a canine model to a greater extent than simvastatin alone. ..
- Akdemir O, Hede Y, Zhang F, Lineaweaver W, Arslan Z, Songur E. Effects of taurine on reperfusion injury. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011;64:921-8 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that taurine played an important role in the process of ischaemia/reperfusion injury and presented certain protective effects with the improvement in flap survival after ischaemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Funk J, Gohlke J, Kraft A, McPherson C, Collins J, Jean Harry G. Voluntary exercise protects hippocampal neurons from trimethyltin injury: possible role of interleukin-6 to modulate tumor necrosis factor receptor-mediated neurotoxicity. Brain Behav Immun. 2011;25:1063-77 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a contributory role for IL-6 induced by exercise for neuroprotection in the CNS similar to that seen in the periphery...
- Rocke T, Williamson J, Cobble K, Busch J, Antolin M, Wagner D. Resistance to plague among black-tailed prairie dog populations. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2012;12:111-6 pubmed publisher..Microsatellite analysis revealed that all three groups were distinct genetically, but further studies are needed to establish a genetic basis for the observed differences in plague resistance. ..
- Schmeichel B, Zemlan F, Berridge C. A selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor improves prefrontal cortex-dependent cognitive function: potential relevance to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64:321-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Cognitive Enhancers'. ..
- Oufiero C, Jugo K, Tran P, Garland T. As the sword grows: individual variation and ontogenetic effects of a sexually selected trait on locomotor performance in Xiphophorus hellerii. Physiol Biochem Zool. 2012;85:684-93 pubmed publisher..These results do not necessarily imply a complete lack of a cost to the sword but rather lack of a functional cost for swimming performance. ..
- Cook R, Cook J, Garrott R, Irwin L, Monfort S. Effects of diet and body condition on fecal progestagen excretion in elk. J Wildl Dis. 2002;38:558-65 pubmed..Finally, two cows that aborted did not abort until weeks after being classified as emaciated and near death, suggesting that nutrition-associated abortion in elk may not occur during mid-gestation except under extremely harsh conditions...
- Durkin E, Jones K, Elnaggar D, Shaaban A. Donor major histocompatibility complex class I expression determines the outcome of prenatal transplantation. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:1142-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to better characterize the role of the fetal innate immune system in prenatal allotransplantation. ..
- Adams J, Bardgett M, Stocker S. Ventral lamina terminalis mediates enhanced cardiovascular responses of rostral ventrolateral medulla neurons during increased dietary salt. Hypertension. 2009;54:308-14 pubmed publisher..9% NaCl. These findings suggest that neurons of the ventral LT mediate the ability of increased dietary salt to enhance the responsiveness of RVLM sympathetic neurons. ..
- Barone E, Cenini G, Di Domenico F, Martin S, Sultana R, Mancuso C, et al. Long-term high-dose atorvastatin decreases brain oxidative and nitrosative stress in a preclinical model of Alzheimer disease: a novel mechanism of action. Pharmacol Res. 2011;63:172-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel pharmacological effect of atorvastatin mediated by reducing oxidative damage may be one mechanism underlying benefits of this drug in AD. ..
- Vida G, Peña G, Deitch E, Ulloa L. ?7-cholinergic receptor mediates vagal induction of splenic norepinephrine. J Immunol. 2011;186:4340-6 pubmed publisher..7nAChR represents a unique molecular link between the parasympathetic and sympathetic system to control inflammation. ..
- Vichaya E, Young E, Frazier M, Cook J, Welsh C, Meagher M. Social disruption induced priming of CNS inflammatory response to Theiler's virus is dependent upon stress induced IL-6 release. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;239:44-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study demonstrated SDR prior to infection increases infection related central IL-6 and IL-1? mRNA expression, and administration of IL-6 neutralizing antibody during SDR reverses this increase in neuroinflammation. ..
- Dubois B, O Tierney Ginn P, Pearson J, Friedman J, Thornburg K, Cherala G. Maternal obesity alters feto-placental cytochrome P4501A1 activity. Placenta. 2012;33:1045-51 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that maternal lifestyle could have a significant impact on CYP1A1 activity, and hints at a possible role for CYP1A1 in feto-placental growth and thereby well-being of fetus. ..
- Fairbrother G, Donauer S, Staat M, Broder K, Salisbury S, Morrow A, et al. Cincinnati pediatricians' measured and reported immunizing behavior for children during the national shortages of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Vaccine. 2013;31:2177-83 pubmed publisher..Despite these findings, physicians were able to maintain high coverage with the first two PCV7 doses among healthy children. ..
- Rahgozar K, Wright E, Carrithers L, Carrithers M. Mediation of protection and recovery from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by macrophages expressing the human voltage-gated sodium channel NaV1.5. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2013;72:489-504 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NaV1.5-positive macrophages enhance recovery from CNS inflammatory disease and could potentially be developed as a cell-based therapy for the treatment of MS. ..
- Dumont P, Blair J, Fourie J, Chester T, Larsen D. Evaluation of the efficacy of afoxolaner against two European dog tick species: Dermacentor reticulatus and Ixodes ricinus. Vet Parasitol. 2014;201:216-9 pubmed publisher..Afoxolaner provides excellent acaricidal efficacy against these two major European tick species using the oral route of administration...
- Mitchell E, Dorr P, Everett W, Chester T, Larsen D. Efficacy of afoxolaner against Dermacentor variabilis ticks in dogs. Vet Parasitol. 2014;201:220-2 pubmed publisher..5mg/kg) eliminated the pre-existing infestations by D. variabilis ticks and controlled weekly re-infestations with 99.7-100% efficacy up to Day 23 and >97% efficacy at Day 30. ..
- Packialakshmi B, Liyanage R, Rasaputra K, Lay J, Rath N. Isolation and characterization of chicken bile matrix metalloproteinase. Poult Sci. 2014;93:1495-502 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the bile MMP may be associated with the digestion of collagens and other extracellular matrix proteins in avian diets. ..
- Massey K, Hill M, Harman E, Rutledge D, Ahrens R, Hendeles L. Dose response of inhaled gallopamil (D600), a calcium channel blocker, in attenuating airway reactivity to methacholine and exercise. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1988;81:912-8 pubmed..05), and 39.0 +/- 6% after placebo. We conclude that inhaled gallopamil only modestly alters airway reactivity to methacholine; increasing the dose greater than 1 mg did not provide greater benefit.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Petrelli N, Conte C, Herrera L, Stulc J, O NEILL P. A prospective, randomized trial of perioperative prophylactic cefamandole in elective colorectal surgery for malignancy. Dis Colon Rectum. 1988;31:427-9 pubmed
- Peterson R, Danon S, Eaton K. Comparison of gastritis and gastric epithelial proliferation in Helicobacter heilmannii-infected nude and BALB/c mice. Vet Pathol. 2001;38:173-83 pubmed..Additionally, CD4 immunocompetence is an integral aspect of the mucosal hypertrophy/nodular hyperplasia in experimental H. heilmannii-associated disease of mice...
- Titgemeyer E, Drouillard J, Greenwood R, Ringler J, Bindel D, Hunter R, et al. Effect of forage quality on digestion and performance responses of cattle to supplementation with cooked molasses blocks. J Anim Sci. 2004;82:487-94 pubmed
- Kim S, Adesogan A, Arthington J. Optimizing nitrogen utilization in growing steers fed forage diets supplemented with dried citrus pulp. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:2548-55 pubmed..Diets with supplemental N mainly from SBM improved diet digestibility and animal performance beyond that achieved by UR...
- Thirunavukkarasu M, Han Z, Zhan L, Penumathsa S, Menon V, Maulik N. Adeno-sh-beta-catenin abolishes ischemic preconditioning-mediated cardioprotection by downregulation of its target genes VEGF, Bcl-2, and survivin in ischemic rat myocardium. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2008;10:1475-84 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated for the first time that silencing beta-catenin abolished IP-mediated cardioprotection, probably through inhibition of VEGF-Bcl-2 and survivin. ..
- Irwin R, Adler L. Nectar secondary compounds affect self-pollen transfer: implications for female and male reproduction. Ecology. 2008;89:2207-17 pubmed
- Baker A, Plummer C, Szabo N, Barrie K, Brooks D. Doxycycline levels in preocular tear film of horses following oral administration. Vet Ophthalmol. 2008;11:381-5 pubmed publisher..The oral dose listed was tolerated well by the horses in this study. The drug levels attained at 20 mg/kg once daily orally of doxycycline may aid in the treatment of corneal ulceration in horses, but further study is warranted. ..
- Fuxjager M, Mast G, Becker E, Marler C. The 'home advantage' is necessary for a full winner effect and changes in post-encounter testosterone. Horm Behav. 2009;56:214-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these respective behavioral and physiological phenomena might be modulated in a context-specific manner, in part by the surrounding physical environment. ..
- McCarthy T, de Taboada L, HILDEBRANDT P, Ziemer E, Richieri S, Streeter J. Long-term safety of single and multiple infrared transcranial laser treatments in Sprague-Dawley rats. Photomed Laser Surg. 2010;28:663-7 pubmed publisher..Single and multiple applications of transcranial laser therapy with 808-nm CW laser light at a nominal power density of 10?mW/cm(2) at the surface of the cerebral cortex appears to be safe in Sprague-Dawley rats 1 year after treatment. ..
- Chung A, Barot S, Kim J, Bernstein I. Biologically predisposed learning and selective associations in amygdalar neurons. Learn Mem. 2011;18:371-4 pubmed publisher..Results indicate coincident Arc mRNA activation within BLA neurons after CS-US combinations that yield rapid, efficient learning, but not after CS-US combinations that do not. ..
- Spikes L, Dalvi P, Tawfik O, Gu H, Voelkel N, Cheney P, et al. Enhanced pulmonary arteriopathy in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques exposed to morphine. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;185:1235-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SIV/HIV protein(s) and morphine interact to cause the proliferation of apoptosis-resistant endothelial cells leading to angio-obliteration. ..
- Xu Y, Fang F, Miriyala S, Crooks P, Oberley T, Chaiswing L, et al. KEAP1 is a redox sensitive target that arbitrates the opposing radiosensitive effects of parthenolide in normal and cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4406-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they show it is possible to develop a tumor-specific radiosensitizing agent with radioprotective properties in normal cells. ..
- Fischer M, McKinlay J, Katz J, Gerstenberger E, Trachtenberg F, Marceau L, et al. Physician assessments of drug seeking behavior: A mixed methods study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178690 pubmed publisher..The strategies used to assess patients further varied widely. These findings indicate a need for the development of better clinical tools to support the evaluation and management of patients presenting with pain. ..
- Saber H, Yakoob M, Shi P, Longstreth W, Lemaitre R, Siscovick D, et al. Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Incident Ischemic Stroke and Its Atherothrombotic and Cardioembolic Subtypes in 3 US Cohorts. Stroke. 2017;48:2678-2685 pubmed publisher..These novel findings suggest differential pathways of benefit for DHA, DPA, and eicosapentaenoic acid. ..
- Wolf B, Weisbrode S. Safety evaluation of an extract from Salacia oblonga. Food Chem Toxicol. 2003;41:867-74 pubmed
- Padilla J, Harris R, Rink L, Wallace J. Characterization of the brachial artery shear stress following walking exercise. Vasc Med. 2008;13:105-11 pubmed publisher..0001) which was abolished after 2 hours. Thus, we found that brachial artery SS is greatest following high-intensity walking and that the rate of decline in SS is similar across all walking intensities. ..
- Faleiros R, Johnson P, Nuovo G, Messer N, Black S, Belknap J. Laminar leukocyte accumulation in horses with carbohydrate overload-induced laminitis. J Vet Intern Med. 2011;25:107-15 pubmed publisher..While there is evidence of laminar leukocyte infiltration in black walnut extract (BWE)-induced laminitis, there is no such evidence for carbohydrate overload (CHO) laminitis...
- Yilmaz G, Vital S, Yilmaz C, Stokes K, Alexander J, Granger D. Selectin-mediated recruitment of bone marrow stromal cells in the postischemic cerebral microvasculature. Stroke. 2011;42:806-11 pubmed publisher..CD44 may serve as the critical ligand for selectin-mediated BMSC recruitment. ..
- Hsu W, Hanson C, Hembrough F, Schaffer D. Effects of idazoxan, tolazoline, and yohimbine on xylazine-induced respiratory changes and central nervous system depression in ewes. Am J Vet Res. 1989;50:1570-3 pubmed..Thus, at the dosages studied, idazoxan and tolazoline appeared to be more effective than yohimbine in reversing the respiratory and CNS depressant actions of xylazine in sheep. ..
- Marley S, Hutchens D, Reinemeyer C, Holste J, Paul A, Rehbein S. Antiparasitic activity of an ivermectin and praziquantel combination paste in horses. Vet Ther. 2004;5:105-19 pubmed..The use of this combination product may be of special benefit to horses that are mainly kept outdoors and on grazing pastures...
- Muthu K, Deng J, Gamelli R, Shankar R, Jones S. Adrenergic modulation of cytokine release in bone marrow progenitor-derived macrophage following polymicrobial sepsis. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;158:50-7 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that epinephrine can promote a potent antiinflammatory response in sepsis. ..
- Paglia D, Wey A, Breitbart E, Faiwiszewski J, Mehta S, Al Zube L, et al. Effects of local insulin delivery on subperiosteal angiogenesis and mineralized tissue formation during fracture healing. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:783-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the primary osteogenic effect of UL during the early stages of fracture healing (1-3 weeks) is through an increase in osteogenic gene expression, subperiosteal angiogenesis, and mineralized tissue formation. ..
- Lee Y, Danandeh A, Baratta J, Lin C, Yu J, Robertson R. Neurotrophic factors rescue basal forebrain cholinergic neurons and improve performance on a spatial learning test. Exp Neurol. 2013;249:178-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support the notion that administration of neurotrophic factors can rescue basal forebrain cholinergic neurons and improve learning and memory performance in rats. ..
- Kim K, Whitehead C, Piazza G, Wargovich M. Combinatorial chemoprevention: efficacy of lovostatin and exisulind on the formation and progression of aberrant crypt foci. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:1805-11 pubmed..EXS did not augment this activity, failing to enhance chemopreventive therapy in this animal model. ..
- Gubbels S, Richardson M, Trune D, Bascom D, Wax M. Tracheal reconstruction with porcine small intestine submucosa in a rabbit model. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;134:1028-35 pubmed..SIS can be used to reconstruct a sublethal rabbit tracheal defect with no mortality and minimal morbidity. ..
- Brito A, Broderick G, Reynal S. Effect of varying dietary ratios of alfalfa silage to corn silage on omasal flow and microbial protein synthesis in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:3939-53 pubmed..Essential AA flow was lowest on diet D, and Lys flow tended to be lower on diet D, which may explain the lower milk and protein yields observed on that diet. ..
- Rall J, Ross J, Clemens M, Cox J, Buckley T, Morrison J. Hemodynamic effects of the Abdominal Aortic and Junctional Tourniquet in a hemorrhagic swine model. J Surg Res. 2017;212:159-166 pubmed publisher..In addition, there does not appear to be any particular intravenous fluid economy achieved by AAJT application. ..
- Rotstein C, Cimino M, Winkey K, Cesari C, Fenner J. Cefoperazone plus piperacillin versus mezlocillin plus tobramycin as empiric therapy for febrile episodes in neutropenic patients. Am J Med. 1988;85:36-43 pubmed..This double beta-lactam combination may be particularly useful for patients who have or are at high risk for the development of renal insufficiency. ..
- Allen M, Schoonmaker J, Bauer T, Williams P, Higham P, Yuan H. Preclinical evaluation of a poly (vinyl alcohol) hydrogel implant as a replacement for the nucleus pulposus. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:515-23 pubmed..An in vivo investigation into the safety of a novel hydrogel implant designed to replace the diseased nucleus pulposus...
- Sirot L, Lapointe S, Shatters R, Bausher M. Transfer and fate of seminal fluid molecules in the beetle, Diaprepes abbreviatus: implications for the reproductive biology of a pest species. J Insect Physiol. 2006;52:300-8 pubmed..As a result, SFMs may be a useful means of both horizontal (to mates) and vertical transfer (to offspring) of control agents between conspecifics. ..
- Lents C, Heidorn N, Barb C, Ford J. Central and peripheral administration of kisspeptin activates gonadotropin but not somatotropin secretion in prepubertal gilts. Reproduction. 2008;135:879-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, kisspeptin can activate gonadotropic but not somatotropic hormone secretion in prepubertal gilts. The present data support the concept that kisspeptin plays a role in the mechanism involved in initiating puberty in swine. ..
- Sabbagh M, Looper J, Zavadzkas J, Stroud R, Ford R, Rivers W, et al. Aprotinin exacerbates left ventricular dysfunction after ischemia/reperfusion in mice lacking tumor necrosis factor receptor I. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008;52:355-62 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that complex biological pathways and interactions are affected with broad spectrum serine protease inhibition, which are relevant to myocardial function in the context of I/R. ..
- Reyes G, Dickin D, Crusat N, Dolny D. Whole-body vibration effects on the muscle activity of upper and lower body muscles during the baseball swing in recreational baseball hitters. Sports Biomech. 2011;10:280-93 pubmed..Although acute exposure to WBV did not significantly alter the muscle recruitment, these results may prove useful for practitioners looking to enhance baseball swing performance. ..
- Gordon B, Delgado Díaz D, Carson J, Fayad R, Wilson L, Kostek M. Resveratrol improves muscle function but not oxidative capacity in young mdx mice. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014;92:243-51 pubmed publisher..The likely mechanism is a resveratrol-mediated reduction in immune cell infiltrate at the early stages of this disease, as previously reported by our laboratory. ..
- Oliveira G, Ritter A, Heymann H, Swift E, Donovan T, Brock G, et al. Remineralization effect of CPP-ACP and fluoride for white spot lesions in vitro. J Dent. 2014;42:1592-602 pubmed publisher..Saliva also has the ability to exert an important remineralization effect over time. ..
- Yang C, Demars K, Alexander J, Febo M, Candelario Jalil E. Sustained Neurological Recovery After Stroke in Aged Rats Treated With a Novel Prostacyclin Analog. Stroke. 2017;48:1948-1956 pubmed publisher..5 hours after ischemia onset. Our data suggest that targeting the IP receptor with MRE-269 is a novel strategy to reduce cerebral ischemia injury and promote long-term neurological recovery in ischemic stroke. ..
- Washburn R, Smith K, Jette A, Janney C. The Physical Activity Scale for the Elderly (PASE): development and evaluation. J Clin Epidemiol. 1993;46:153-62 pubmed..34); and overall Sickness Impact Profile score (r = -0.42). The PASE is a brief, easily scored, reliable and valid instrument for the assessment of physical activity in epidemiologic studies of older people. ..
- Chaves A, Weinstein D, Bauer J. Non-invasive echocardiographic studies in mice: influence of anesthetic regimen. Life Sci. 2001;69:213-22 pubmed..Thus, for these non-invasive studies, inhalation anesthesia with agents such as halothane is superior to anesthesia induced by ketamine/xylazine administration. ..
- Al Kahtani A, Shostad S, Schifferle R, Bhambhani S. In-vitro evaluation of microleakage of an orthograde apical plug of mineral trioxide aggregate in permanent teeth with simulated immature apices. J Endod. 2005;31:117-9 pubmed..The apical seal was tested using a bacterial leakage model of Actinomyces viscosus. Results showed a statistically significant difference in only the 5 mm apical plug, which completely prevented bacterial leakage...
- Brito A, Broderick G, Olmos Colmenero J, Reynal S. Effects of feeding formate-treated alfalfa silage or red clover silage on omasal nutrient flow and microbial protein synthesis in lactating dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2007;90:1392-404 pubmed..However, omasal flows of Asp, Ser, Glu, Cys, Val, Ile, Tyr, Lys, total nonessential AA, and total AA all were higher in cows fed RCS1 vs. cows fed RCS2. In this trial, there was no advantage to reducing NPN content of hay-crop silage. ..
- McGee M, Marks J, Onders R, Chak A, Rosen M, Williams C, et al. Infectious implications in the porcine model of natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) with PEG-tube closure: a quantitative bacteriologic study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;68:310-8 pubmed publisher..These concerning findings necessitate additional studies to determine if porcine models are appropriate and applicable to human subjects in the NOTES setting. ..
- Carels R, Wott C, Young K, Gumble A, Koball A, Oehlhof M. Implicit, explicit, and internalized weight bias and psychosocial maladjustment among treatment-seeking adults. Eat Behav. 2010;11:180-5 pubmed publisher..Weight bias among treatment-seeking adults is associated with greater psychological maladjustment and may interfere with their ability to achieve optimal health and well-being. ..
- Dominguez J, Samocha A, Liang Z, Burd E, Farris A, Coopersmith C. Inhibition of IKK? in enterocytes exacerbates sepsis-induced intestinal injury and worsens mortality. Crit Care Med. 2013;41:e275-85 pubmed publisher..Nuclear factor-?B is a critical regulator of cell-survival genes and the host inflammatory response. The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of enterocyte-specific NF-kB in sepsis through selective ablation of IkB kinase...
- Lee J, Fry C, Mula J, Kirby T, Jackson J, Liu F, et al. Aged Muscle Demonstrates Fiber-Type Adaptations in Response to Mechanical Overload, in the Absence of Myofiber Hypertrophy, Independent of Satellite Cell Abundance. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016;71:461-7 pubmed publisher..Overload induced a fiber-type composition improvement, independent of satellite cells, suggesting that aged muscle is very responsive to exercise-induced enhancement in oxidative capacity, even with an impaired hypertrophic response. ..