Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on random allocation in Canada
Topic: random allocation
- Chandra K, Bosker T, Hogan N, Lister A, Maclatchy D, Currie S. Sustained high temperature increases the vitellogenin response to 17?-ethynylestradiol in mummichog (Fundulus heteroclitus). Aquat Toxicol. 2012;118-119:130-140 pubmed publisher..HSP90 and HSP70 protein were largely unaffected by EE2 exposure. Our findings suggest that mummichog are more susceptible to EE2 under sustained temperature increases that may occur seasonally or with warming of coastal waters. ..
- St Georges A, Bolla M, Fortin D, Muller Bolla M, Thompson J, Stamatiades P. Surface finish produced on three resin composites by new polishing systems. Oper Dent. 2005;30:593-7 pubmed..Overall, the two new polishing systems, Identoflex and PoGo, created a comparable surface finish to that produced by the Sof-Lex system on all three resin composites. ..
- Cantin J, Latour E, Ferland Verry R, Morales Salgado S, Lambert J, Faraj M, et al. Validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire focused on the Mediterranean diet for the Quebec population. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016;26:154-61 pubmed publisher..36 to 0.83 (mean 0.55) and the ICCs ranged from 0.36 to 0.83 (mean 0.53). This FFQ demonstrates good reproducibility and validity for most key nutrients of the Mediterranean diet for the Quebec population. ..
- Lallemand M, Villeneuve A, Belda J, Dubreuil P. Field study of the efficacy of halofuginone and decoquinate in the treatment of cryptosporidiosis in veal calves. Vet Rec. 2006;159:672-6 pubmed..However, unlike decoquinate, halofuginone significantly reduced the excretion of oocysts on day 7 (P<0.0001), and decoquinate increased the average daily weight gain of the calves (P=0.049). ..
- Raza S, Shah M, Palme C, Hall F, Eski S, Freeman J. Risk factors for well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma in patients with thyroid nodular disease. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;139:21-6 pubmed publisher..05). Taking individual risk factors in isolation is not always reliable. Using a predictive model, one can anticipate a patient's risk of malignancy when the diagnosis is unclear. ..
- Sheu E, Versloot J, Nader R, Kerr D, Craig K. Pain in the elderly: validity of facial expression components of observational measures. Clin J Pain. 2011;27:593-601 pubmed publisher..Observational scales that provide descriptors that correspond to how people actually display facial expressions of pain perform better at differentiating intensities of pain. ..
- El Midaoui A, Chiasson J, Tancrède G, Nadeau A. Physical training reverses defect in 3-ketoacid CoA-transferase activity in skeletal muscle of diabetic rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;288:E748-52 pubmed
- Antunes T, Callera G, He Y, Yogi A, Ryazanov A, Ryazanova L, et al. Transient Receptor Potential Melastatin 7 Cation Channel Kinase: New Player in Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension. Hypertension. 2016;67:763-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify TRPM7 kinase as a novel player in Ang II-induced hypertension and associated vascular and target organ damage. ..
- Demarshall C, Goldwaser E, Sarkar A, Godsey G, Acharya N, Thayasivam U, et al. Autoantibodies as diagnostic biomarkers for the detection and subtyping of multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;309:51-57 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that autoantibodies can be used as noninvasive blood-based biomarkers for the detection and subtyping of MS. ..
- Leusink G, Rempel H, Skura B, Berkyto M, White W, Yang Y, et al. Growth performance, meat quality, and gut microflora of broiler chickens fed with cranberry extract. Poult Sci. 2010;89:1514-23 pubmed publisher..05). These findings suggest that more studies are needed to investigate potential beneficial effects of CFE or its derivatives in broiler production...
- Mathews K, Pettifer G, Foster R, McDonell W. Safety and efficacy of preoperative administration of meloxicam, compared with that of ketoprofen and butorphanol in dogs undergoing abdominal surgery. Am J Vet Res. 2001;62:882-8 pubmed
- McCormick C, Nixon F, Thomas C, Lowie B, Dyck J. Hippocampal cell proliferation and spatial memory performance after social instability stress in adolescence in female rats. Behav Brain Res. 2010;208:23-9 pubmed publisher..The lasting memory reduction and reduced cell proliferation/survival in SS rats is consistent with the hypothesis that ongoing development of the hippocampus renders the adolescent particularly vulnerable to chronic social stress. ..
- Vinderola G, Perdigon G, Duarte J, Farnworth E, Matar C. Effects of the oral administration of the products derived from milk fermentation by kefir microflora on immune stimulation. J Dairy Res. 2006;73:472-9 pubmed..The opportunity exists then to manipulate the constituents of the lumen of the intestine through dietary means, thereby enhancing the health status of the host. ..
- Peighambari S, Hunter D, Shewen P, Gyles C. Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of two Escherichia coli cya crp mutants as vaccines for broilers. Avian Dis. 2002;46:287-97 pubmed..We conclude that the mutant O2 strain provided moderate protection against airsacculitis. ..
- Vickers K, Niel L, Kiehlbauch L, Weary D. Calf response to caustic paste and hot-iron dehorning using sedation with and without local anesthetic. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:1454-9 pubmed..These results indicate that dehorning with caustic paste combined with a sedative results in less pain to calves than dehorning with a hot iron combined with a sedative and a local anesthetic...
- Hooper McGrevy K, Giguere S, Wilkie B, Prescott J. Evaluation of equine immunoglobulin specific for Rhodococcus equi virulence-associated proteins A and C for use in protecting foals against Rhodococcus equi-induced pneumonia. Am J Vet Res. 2001;62:1307-13 pubmed..To determine whether purified equine immunoglobulin specific for Rhodococcus equi virulence-associated proteins A and C (VapA and VapC) can confer passive protection against R. equi-induced pneumonia in foals...
- Mitrovic N, Zaric M, Drakulic D, Martinovic J, Stanojlovic M, Sevigny J, et al. 17?-Estradiol upregulates ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) in hippocampal synaptosomes of female rats through action mediated by estrogen receptor-? and -?. Neuroscience. 2016;324:286-96 pubmed publisher..Together these results imply that E2-induced effects on connectivity and functional properties of the hippocampal synapses may be in part mediated through observed effect on eN. ..
- Mason D, O GRADY M, Woods J, McDonell W. Assessment of lithium dilution cardiac output as a technique for measurement of cardiac output in dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2001;62:1255-61 pubmed..Use of LiDCO eliminates the need for catheterization of a pulmonary artery and could increase use of cardiac output monitoring, which may improve management of cardiovascularly unstable animals. ..
- Wood K, Palmer S, Steele M, Metcalf J, Penner G. The influence of age and weaning on permeability of the gastrointestinal tract in Holstein bull calves. J Dairy Sci. 2015;98:7226-37 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that permeability of the GIT decreases with age but weaning may disrupt this process. The rumen, duodenum, and jejunum appear to be the regions with greatest permeability. ..
- Amin M, Reza E, El Shahat E, Wang H, Tesson F, Leenen F. Enhanced expression of epithelial sodium channels in the renal medulla of Dahl S rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;89:159-68 pubmed publisher..R rats on regular salt, and further increased on high salt. The persistent high expression of ?ENaC and increase in apical localization of ? and ?ENaC may contribute to greater retention of sodium in S rats on a high-salt diet. ..
- Al Katib W, Dennis S. Pathological changes in accessory sex organs of rams following experimental infection with Actinobacillus seminis. N Z Vet J. 2008;56:319-25 pubmed publisher..To investigate and assess the susceptibility, lesions and route of dissemination in the accessory sex organs of young rams experimentally infected with Actinobacillus seminis...
- Babiuk S, Bowden T, Parkyn G, Dalman B, Manning L, Neufeld J, et al. Quantification of lumpy skin disease virus following experimental infection in cattle. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2008;55:299-307 pubmed publisher..The disease in this study varied from mild with few secondary skin nodules to generalized infection of varying severity, and was characterized by morbidity with no mortality...
- Barnes S, Hua J, Pinel J, Takahashi A, Wig G. Conditioned effects of kindling three different sites in the hippocampal complex of the rat. Behav Neurosci. 2005;119:1572-9 pubmed