Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rab gtp binding proteins in Germany
Topic: rab gtp binding proteins
- Albert S, Gallwitz D. Two new members of a family of Ypt/Rab GTPase activating proteins. Promiscuity of substrate recognition. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33186-9 pubmed..The results demonstrate that in yeast there is a large family of Ypt/Rab-GAPs, members of which discriminate poorly between GTPases involved in regulating different steps of exo- and endocytic transport routes. ..
- Short B, Preisinger C, Schaletzky J, Kopajtich R, Barr F. The Rab6 GTPase regulates recruitment of the dynactin complex to Golgi membranes. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1792-5 pubmed..Other Golgi Rabs do not bind to dynactin and are unable to support its recruitment to membranes. Rab6 therefore functions as a specificity or tethering factor controlling the recruitment of dynactin to membranes. ..
- Pohl C, Jentsch S. Final stages of cytokinesis and midbody ring formation are controlled by BRUCE. Cell. 2008;132:832-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that BRUCE coordinates multiple steps required for abscission and that ubiquitylation may be a crucial trigger. ..
- Knop M, Miller K, Mazza M, Feng D, Weber M, Keränen S, et al. Molecular interactions position Mso1p, a novel PTB domain homologue, in the interface of the exocyst complex and the exocytic SNARE machinery in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4543-56 pubmed..These results position Mso1p in the interface of the exocyst complex, Sec4p, and the SNARE machinery, and reveal a novel layer of molecular conservation in the exocytosis machinery. ..
- Weide T, Bayer M, Koster M, Siebrasse J, Peters R, Barnekow A. The Golgi matrix protein GM130: a specific interacting partner of the small GTPase rab1b. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:336-41 pubmed..We mapped the rab1b binding site of GM130 and provide evidence that it is different to the previously described p115 and Grasp65 binding sites of the GM130 protein. ..
- De Antoni A, Schmitzová J, Trepte H, Gallwitz D, Albert S. Significance of GTP hydrolysis in Ypt1p-regulated endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transport revealed by the analysis of two novel Ypt1-GAPs. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41023-31 pubmed..The data indicate that hydrolysis of Ypt1p-bound GTP is a prerequisite for a balanced vesicle flow between endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments. ..
- Uhlig M, Passlack W, Eckel J. Identification and characterization of a novel variant in the highly conserved catalytic center of Rab11a. Eur J Med Genet. 2006;49:29-36 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the glutamine residue of Rab11a at position 70 is not strictly essential for GTPase activity of this protein in contrast to Ras and other Rab proteins. ..
- Haas A, Fuchs E, Kopajtich R, Barr F. A GTPase-activating protein controls Rab5 function in endocytic trafficking. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:887-93 pubmed..RabGAP-5 therefore limits the amount of activated Rab5, and thereby regulates trafficking through endosomes. ..
- Eskelinen E, Schmidt C, Neu S, Willenborg M, Fuertes G, Salvador N, et al. Disturbed cholesterol traffic but normal proteolytic function in LAMP-1/LAMP-2 double-deficient fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3132-45 pubmed..Taken together these findings indicate partially overlapping functions for LAMP-1 and -2 in lysosome biogenesis, autophagy, and cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Wagner A, Strowski M, Goke B, Williams J. Molecular cloning of a new member of the Rab protein family, Rab 26, from rat pancreas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;207:950-6 pubmed..It is expressed in pancreas, kidney, brain, submandibular gland, and lung. It is most closely related to Rab 8. There is also close homology to Rab 15, Sec4 and Rab 3. ..
- Roosterman D, Kreuzer O, Brune N, Cottrell G, Bunnett N, Meyerhof W, et al. Agonist-induced endocytosis of rat somatostatin receptor 1. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1050-8 pubmed..Our results show for the first time that sst1 mediates a dynamic process of endocytosis, recycling, and re-endocytosis of its cognate ligand. ..
- Fuchs E, Haas A, Spooner R, Yoshimura S, Lord J, Barr F. Specific Rab GTPase-activating proteins define the Shiga toxin and epidermal growth factor uptake pathways. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:1133-43 pubmed..These results suggest that Shiga toxin trafficking to the Golgi is a multistep process controlled by several Rab GAPs and their target Rabs and that this process is discrete from ligand-induced EGF receptor trafficking. ..
- Schwenk R, Luiken J, Eckel J. FIP2 and Rip11 specify Rab11a-mediated cellular distribution of GLUT4 and FAT/CD36 in H9c2-hIR cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:119-25 pubmed..These data therefore show that (i) Rab11a regulates cell surface abundance of both GLUT4 and FAT/CD36 and that (ii) both Rab11a-dependent processes are differently regulated by Rab11a effector proteins. ..
- Hennies H, Kornak U, Zhang H, Egerer J, Zhang X, Seifert W, et al. Gerodermia osteodysplastica is caused by mutations in SCYL1BP1, a Rab-6 interacting golgin. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1410-2 pubmed publisher..The protein localizes to the Golgi apparatus and interacts with Rab6, identifying SCYL1BP1 as a golgin. These results associate abnormalities of the secretory pathway with age-related changes in connective tissues. ..
- Massmann S, Schurmann A, Joost H. Cloning of two splicing variants of the novel Ras-related GTPase Rab29 which is predominantly expressed in kidney. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1352:48-55 pubmed..Thus, the C-terminus of Rab29 appears to harbor a structural element which is essential for the nucleotide exchange of the protein. ..
- Yang X, Matern H, Gallwitz D. Specific binding to a novel and essential Golgi membrane protein (Yip1p) functionally links the transport GTPases Ypt1p and Ypt31p. EMBO J. 1998;17:4954-63 pubmed..The results suggests for a role for Yip1p in recruiting the two GTPases to Golgi target membranes in preparation for fusion. ..
- Kreuzer O, Krisch B, Dery O, Bunnett N, Meyerhof W. Agonist-mediated endocytosis of rat somatostatin receptor subtype 3 involves beta-arrestin and clathrin coated vesicles. J Neuroendocrinol. 2001;13:279-87 pubmed..Thus, agonist-induced endocytosis of sst3 depends on its interaction with beta-arrestin, involves the adaptor protein complex 2 and proceeds via clathrin coated vesicles to the recycling compartment...
- Wang X, Hu B, Zimmermann B, Kilimann M. Rim1 and rabphilin-3 bind Rab3-GTP by composite determinants partially related through N-terminal alpha -helix motifs. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32480-8 pubmed..The latter, however, was inhibited rather than stimulated by GTP. ..
- Rosing M, Ossendorf E, Rak A, Barnekow A. Giantin interacts with both the small GTPase Rab6 and Rab1. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2318-25 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae a genetic interaction between Ypt1 and Ypt6 has already been demonstrated, but in this paper we were able to describe that the mammalian Rab GTPases are able to interact on the same golgin protein, Giantin. ..
- Wichmann H, Hengst L, Gallwitz D. Endocytosis in yeast: evidence for the involvement of a small GTP-binding protein (Ypt7p). Cell. 1992;71:1131-42 pubmed..Our findings suggest a role of Ypt7p in protein transport between endosome-like compartments. ..
- Sumakovic M, Hegermann J, Luo L, Husson S, Schwarze K, Olendrowitz C, et al. UNC-108/RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are involved in dense core vesicle maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:897-914 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are required for neuronal DCV maturation. ..
- Brauers A, Schurmann A, Massmann S, Muhl Zurbes P, Becker W, Kainulainen H, et al. Alternative mRNA splicing of the novel GTPase Rab28 generates isoforms with different C-termini. Eur J Biochem. 1996;237:833-40 pubmed..It is suggested that the isoforms are derived from the same gene by alternative mRNA splicing, and that their functions differ in a parameter unrelated to its basic role as a GTPase. ..
- Jenne N, Rauchenberger R, Hacker U, Kast T, Maniak M. Targeted gene disruption reveals a role for vacuolin B in the late endocytic pathway and exocytosis. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 1):61-70 pubmed..Furthermore, in the mutants post-lysosomal vacuoles are dramatically increased in size and accumulate endocytic marker, suggesting a role for vacuolin B in targeting the vacuole for exocytosis. ..
- Taheri N, Kohler T, Braus G, Mösch H. Asymmetrically localized Bud8p and Bud9p proteins control yeast cell polarity and development. EMBO J. 2000;19:6686-96 pubmed..In response to nitrogen starvation, asymmetric localization of Bud9p is averted, favouring Bud8p-mediated cell division at the distal pole. ..
- Will E, Gallwitz D. Biochemical characterization of Gyp6p, a Ypt/Rab-specific GTPase-activating protein from yeast. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12135-9 pubmed
- Rudolph G, Preising M, Kalpadakis P, Haritoglou C, Lang G, Lorenz B. Phenotypic variability in three carriers from a family with choroideremia and a frameshift mutation 1388delCCinsG in the REP-1 gene. Ophthalmic Genet. 2003;24:203-14 pubmed..To perform genotype-phenotype correlations in a family with choroideremia...
- Coutelis J, Ephrussi A. Rab6 mediates membrane organization and determinant localization during Drosophila oogenesis. Development. 2007;134:1419-30 pubmed..These findings highlight the central role of vesicular trafficking in the establishment of polarity and in determinant localization in Drosophila. ..
- Strutz Seebohm N, Korniychuk G, Schwarz R, Baltaev R, Ureche O, Mack A, et al. Functional significance of the kainate receptor GluR6(M836I) mutation that is linked to autism. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2006;18:287-94 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified new mechanisms determining the plasma membrane abundance of wild type GluR6 and GluR6(M836I). ..
- Behrends U, Schneider I, Rössler S, Frauenknecht H, Golbeck A, Lechner B, et al. Novel tumor antigens identified by autologous antibody screening of childhood medulloblastoma cDNA libraries. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:244-51 pubmed..These findings indicate that the humoral immune response against medulloblastoma is directed against diverse antigens that may be useful as diagnostic markers or targets for immunotherapy. ..
- Kail M, Hollinshead M, Kaufmann M, Boettcher J, Vaux D, Barnekow A. Yeast Ypt11 is targeted to recycling endosomes in mammalian cells. Biol Cell. 2005;97:651-8 pubmed
- Engelhardt C, Bundschu K, Messerschmitt M, Renne T, Walter U, Reinhard M, et al. Expression and subcellular localization of Spred proteins in mouse and human tissues. Histochem Cell Biol. 2004;122:527-38 pubmed..Furthermore, it becomes most likely that Spred-2 is involved in the regulation of secretory pathways. ..
- Zobiack N, Rescher U, Ludwig C, Zeuschner D, Gerke V. The annexin 2/S100A10 complex controls the distribution of transferrin receptor-containing recycling endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4896-908 pubmed
- Luo Z, Gallwitz D. Biochemical and genetic evidence for the involvement of yeast Ypt6-GTPase in protein retrieval to different Golgi compartments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:791-9 pubmed..The results obtained indicate that Ypt6p acts in endosome-to-Golgi, in intra-Golgi retrograde transport, and possibly also in Golgi-to-ER trafficking. ..
- Matanis T, Akhmanova A, Wulf P, del Nery E, Weide T, Stepanova T, et al. Bicaudal-D regulates COPI-independent Golgi-ER transport by recruiting the dynein-dynactin motor complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:986-92 pubmed..These data suggest that coordinated action between Rab6a, BICD and the dynein-dynactin complex controls COPI-independent Golgi-ER transport. ..
- Schlüter O, Schnell E, Verhage M, Tzonopoulos T, Nicoll R, Janz R, et al. Rabphilin knock-out mice reveal that rabphilin is not required for rab3 function in regulating neurotransmitter release. J Neurosci. 1999;19:5834-46 pubmed..Our data thus demonstrate that rabphilin is endowed with the properties of a rab3 effector but is not essential for the regulatory functions of rab3 in synaptic transmission. ..
- Barr F, Short B. Golgins in the structure and dynamics of the Golgi apparatus. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2003;15:405-13 pubmed
- Young J, Stauber T, del Nery E, Vernos I, Pepperkok R, Nilsson T. Regulation of microtubule-dependent recycling at the trans-Golgi network by Rab6A and Rab6A'. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:162-77 pubmed..Together, this suggests that a recycling pathway operates at the level of the trans-Golgi linking directly to the ER. This pathway would be the preferred route for both toxins and resident Golgi proteins. ..