Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on quality control in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: quality control
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Hadd A, Houghton J, Choudhary A, Sah S, Chen L, Marko A, et al. Targeted, high-depth, next-generation sequencing of cancer genes in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded and fine-needle aspiration tumor specimens. J Mol Diagn. 2013;15:234-47 pubmed publisher..Consequently, NGS of targeted oncogenes in real-life tumor specimens using distinct platforms addresses unmet needs for unbiased and highly sensitive mutation detection and can accelerate both basic and clinical cancer research. ..
- Kim K, Page G, Beasley T, Barnes S, Scheirer K, Allison D. A proposed metric for assessing the measurement quality of individual microarrays. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:35 pubmed
- Salter R, Conaway D, Markovsky R. Validation of the SL3 beta-Lactam Test for screening milk in compliance with U.S. pasteurized milk ordinance: performance tested method 040701. J AOAC Int. 2008;91:675-83 pubmed..These performances met approval conditions of the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments. Ruggedness conditions were incorporated into public health procedures for annual laboratory proficiency and certification. ..
- Yan G, Liu C, Simon T, Peng L, Fox C, Li J. On the sensitivity of patient-specific IMRT QA to MLC positioning errors. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2009;10:2915 pubmed..However, considering the significant dosimetric effect such MLC errors could cause, patient-specific IMRT QA should be combined with a periodic MLC QA program in order to guarantee the accuracy of IMRT delivery. ..
- Peng J, Liu C, Chen Y, Amdur R, Vanek K, Li J. Dosimetric consequences of rotational setup errors with direct simulation in a treatment planning system for fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2011;12:3422 pubmed
- Ducharme S, Albaugh M, Nguyen T, Hudziak J, Mateos Pérez J, Labbe A, et al. Trajectories of cortical thickness maturation in normal brain development--The importance of quality control procedures. Neuroimage. 2016;125:267-279 pubmed publisher..This study further supports the crucial importance of implementing post-processing QC in CTh studies of development, aging, and neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Coyle J, MacKichan J, Boudoulas H, Lima J. Reversed-phase liquid chromatography method for measurement of procainamide and three metabolites in serum and urine: percent of dose excreted as deethyl metabolites. J Pharm Sci. 1987;76:402-5 pubmed..Urinary excretion of DEPA and DENAPA accounted for an average of only 0.58 and 0.53%, respectively, of PA doses administered intravenously to six normal volunteers. ..
- Peck A, Pugh R, Moors A, Ellisor M, Porter B, Becker P, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane in white-sided dolphins: temporal trend and stereoisomer distribution in tissues. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:2650-5 pubmed..53. Blubber EFs were significantly correlated with both alpha-HBCD concentrations and white-sided dolphin body length. In general, concentrations of HBCDs were lower in these white-sided dolphins than in cetaceans from Western Europe...
- McDermott P, Bodeis S, Aarestrup F, Brown S, Traczewski M, Fedorka Cray P, et al. Development of a standardized susceptibility test for campylobacter with quality-control ranges for ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, erythromycin, gentamicin, and meropenem. Microb Drug Resist. 2004;10:124-31 pubmed..jejuni subsp. doylei, C. fetus, and C. lari isolates was inconsistent when incubated at 42 degrees C. Therefore, it is recommended that these species only be tested at 36 degrees C. ..
- Schubert L, Liu A, Gan G, Amini A, Hutchison R, Ernest J, et al. Practical implementation of quality improvement for high-dose-rate brachytherapy. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016;6:34-43 pubmed publisher..This has resulted in improved practices that are optimal in our department. This experience can provide others with practical strategies toward implementing such changes in their own facilities. ..
- Morin R, Langer S. Speech recognition system evaluation. J Am Coll Radiol. 2005;2:449-51 pubmed
- Schober T, Bean S, Boyle D. Gluten-free sorghum bread improved by sourdough fermentation: biochemical, rheological, and microstructural background. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:5137-46 pubmed..Results suggest that a strong starch gel, without interference of aggregated protein, is desirable for this type of bread. ..
- Casal R, Staerkel G, Ost D, Almeida F, Uzbeck M, Eapen G, et al. Randomized clinical trial of endobronchial ultrasound needle biopsy with and without aspiration. Chest. 2012;142:568-573 pubmed publisher..There is no evidence of any benefit derived from the practice of applying suction to EBUS-guided biopsies. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT00886847; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov ..
- Kulakosky P, Klinge C. Maximizing production of estrogen receptor beta with the baculovirus expression system. Biotechniques. 2003;34:334-8, 340-3 pubmed..Baculovirus expressed ER beta-bound EREs with high affinity in a DNA sequence-dependent manner. We conclude that Sf21 cells are the best-suited cells for ER beta production. ..
- Cambridge B, Cina S. The accuracy of death certificate completion in a suburban community. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2010;31:232-5 pubmed publisher..Using the results of this study, the Broward County Medical Examiner's Office has been able to tailor new physician education programs for the community. ..
- Dickinson M, Simbuerger E, Zimmermann B, Waters C, Fraser S. Multiphoton excitation spectra in biological samples. J Biomed Opt. 2003;8:329-38 pubmed
- Price J, Rogers J, McDougal J, Shaw M, Reid F, Kiser R, et al. Gene expression analysis of bromine-induced burns in porcine skin. Toxicol Lett. 2008;182:69-78 pubmed publisher..The present study is an initial assessment of the transcriptional responses to cutaneous bromine exposure identifying molecular networks and genes that could serve as targets for developing therapeutics for bromine-induced skin injury. ..
- Gunn Christie R, Flatland B, Friedrichs K, Szladovits B, Harr K, Ruotsalo K, et al. ASVCP quality assurance guidelines: control of preanalytical, analytical, and postanalytical factors for urinalysis, cytology, and clinical chemistry in veterinary laboratories. Vet Clin Pathol. 2012;41:18-26 pubmed publisher
- Keller S. Cell based assays in drug development for biopharmaceuticals--IIR's Second Annual Conference. IDrugs. 2006;9:841-5 pubmed
- Dolan P, Denver D. TileQC: a system for tile-based quality control of Solexa data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:250 pubmed publisher..TileQC offers a highly adaptable and powerful tool for the quality control of Solexa-based DNA sequence data. ..
- Cole R, Jinadasa T, Brown C. Measuring and interpreting point spread functions to determine confocal microscope resolution and ensure quality control. Nat Protoc. 2011;6:1929-41 pubmed publisher..The microsphere sample preparation requires 2-3 h plus an overnight drying period. The microscope setup requires 2 h (1 h for laser warm up), whereas collecting and analyzing the PSF images require an additional 2-3 h. ..
- Smith K, Xu Y. Tissue sample preparation in bioanalytical assays. Bioanalysis. 2012;4:741-9 pubmed publisher..Strategies for consideration and resolution of common pitfalls in method development, for example stability issues and control biomatrices in endogenous analysis, are also presented. ..
- Klepeis J, Pieja M, Floudas C. Hybrid global optimization algorithms for protein structure prediction: alternating hybrids. Biophys J. 2003;84:869-82 pubmed..Computational studies for met-enkephalin and melittin, employing sequential and parallel computing frameworks, demonstrate the promise for these proposed hybrid methods. ..
- Koeth L, Good C, Appelbaum P, Goldstein E, Rodloff A, Claros M, et al. Surveillance of susceptibility patterns in 1297 European and US anaerobic and capnophilic isolates to co-amoxiclav and five other antimicrobial agents. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004;53:1039-44 pubmed..7%, Prevotella 71.5%, F. magna 72.4%; clindamycin susceptibility rates: Bacteroides 79.5%, Prevotella 92.1%, F. magna 84.7%). ..
- Guerrero D, Carling P, Jury L, Ponnada S, Nerandzic M, Donskey C. Beyond the Hawthorne effect: reduction of Clostridium difficile environmental contamination through active intervention to improve cleaning practices. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013;34:524-6 pubmed publisher..difficile infection rooms. A further significant reduction occurred with direct supervision and real-time feedback, suggesting that optimal disinfection is achieved by working closely with housekeepers. ..
- Hussein A, May P, Ahmed Y, Saar M, Wijburg C, Richstone L, et al. Development of a patient and institutional-based model for estimation of operative times for robot-assisted radical cystectomy: results from the International Robotic Cystectomy Consortium. BJU Int. 2017;120:695-701 pubmed publisher..We developed a method to estimate operative times for RARC based on patient, disease, and institutional metrics that can help operating room scheduling for RARC. ..
- Tunuguntla A, Sullivan M. Monitoring quality of flexible endoscope disinfection by microbiologic surveillance cultures. Tenn Med. 2004;97:453-6 pubmed
- Jiang H, Li Y, Pelzer M, Cannon M, Randlett C, Junga H, et al. Determination of molindone enantiomers in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry using macrocyclic antibiotic chiral stationary phases. J Chromatogr A. 2008;1192:230-8 pubmed publisher..6% and RE <or=5.0% for molindone enantiomer 2, respectively. This validated method could be used for the determination of individual molindone enantiomer in human plasma samples from clinical studies. ..
- Creech C, Johnson B, Alsentzer A, HOHENBOKEN M, Edwards K, Talbot T. Vaccination as infection control: a pilot study to determine the impact of Staphylococcus aureus vaccination on nasal carriage. Vaccine. 2009;28:256-60 pubmed publisher..Despite a substantial rise in anti-CP5 and anti-CP8 antibody concentrations post-vaccination, S. aureus nasal colonization rates did not significantly change. ..
- Kocaoglu Vurma N, Eliardi A, Drake M, Rodriguez Saona L, Harper W. Rapid profiling of Swiss cheese by attenuated total reflectance (ATR) infrared spectroscopy and descriptive sensory analysis. J Food Sci. 2009;74:S232-9 pubmed publisher..69 and 0.96 with standard error of cross-validation (SECV) ranging from 0.04 to 0.29. Implementation of rapid infrared analysis by the Swiss cheese industry would help to streamline quality assurance. ..
- Miclaus K, Chierici M, Lambert C, Zhang L, Vega S, Hong H, et al. Variability in GWAS analysis: the impact of genotype calling algorithm inconsistencies. Pharmacogenomics J. 2010;10:324-35 pubmed publisher..Further work using HapMap samples shows that inconsistencies between Affymetrix arrays and calling algorithms can lead to genotyping errors that influence downstream analysis. ..
- Wang X, Plhak L. Monoclonal antibodies for the analysis of gossypol in cottonseed products. J Agric Food Chem. 2004;52:709-12 pubmed..89). The direct recognition of both free gossypol and bound gossypol using this antibody will be useful for rapid screening and quality control. ..
- Rodriguez B, Frankhouser D, Murphy M, Trimarchi M, Tam H, Curfman J, et al. Methods for high-throughput MethylCap-Seq data analysis. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 6:S14 pubmed publisher..This workflow and its suite of features will assist biologists in conducting methylation profiling projects and facilitate meaningful biological interpretation. ..
- Tragante V, Barnes M, Ganesh S, Lanktree M, Guo W, Franceschini N, et al. Gene-centric meta-analysis in 87,736 individuals of European ancestry identifies multiple blood-pressure-related loci. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:349-60 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified previously unknown loci associated with BP. Our findings extend our understanding of genes involved in BP regulation, which may provide new targets for therapeutic intervention or drug response stratification. ..
- Yalavarthy P, Pogue B, Dehghani H, Paulsen K. Weight-matrix structured regularization provides optimal generalized least-squares estimate in diffuse optical tomography. Med Phys. 2007;34:2085-98 pubmed
- Traczewski M, Deane J, Sahm D, Brown S, Chesnel L. Impact of Variations in Test Method Parameters on In Vitro Activity of Surotomycin against Clostridium difficile and Surotomycin Quality Control Limits for Broth Microdilution and Agar Dilution Susceptibility Testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:749-53 pubmed publisher..Quality control ranges for Clostridium difficile (0.12 to 1 Î¼g/ml) and Eggerthella lenta (broth, 1 to 4 Î¼g/ml; agar, 1 to 8 Î¼g/ml) were approved by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute based on these data. ..
- Hsi E. A practical approach for evaluating new antibodies in the clinical immunohistochemistry laboratory. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2001;125:289-94 pubmed..Issues relating to regulatory developments, antibody selection, staining optimization, and test validation are addressed. ..
- Zakharkin S, Kim K, Mehta T, Chen L, Barnes S, Scheirer K, et al. Sources of variation in Affymetrix microarray experiments. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:214 pubmed..When MAS 5.0 or GCRMA-EB were used, the greatest source of variation was residual error, followed by biology and labeling. Correlations between technical replicates were consistently higher than between biological replicates. ..
- Anderson P, Tennant B, Lee Z. Cross-species hybridization of woodchuck hepatitis virus-induced hepatocellular carcinoma using human oligonucleotide microarrays. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:4646-51 pubmed..Many of our microarray results were validated using RT-PCR or literature search. Hence, we believe that woodchuck HCC and non-cancerous liver samples can be used on human microarrays to yield meaningful results. ..
- Song Z, Wang Y, Qian Z, Smillie T, Khan I. Quantitative determination of 10 phenylpropanoid and lignan compounds in Lancea tibetica by high-performance liquid chromatography with UV detection. Planta Med. 2011;77:1562-6 pubmed publisher..The method is useful for identification, quality assurance, and quality control of L. tibetica and its related products. ..
- Kaluzhny Y, Kandárová H, Hayden P, Kubilus J, d Argembeau Thornton L, Klausner M. Development of the EpiOcular(TM) eye irritation test for hazard identification and labelling of eye irritating chemicals in response to the requirements of the EU cosmetics directive and REACH legislation. Altern Lab Anim. 2011;39:339-64 pubmed
- Mahaguna V, McDermott J, Zhang F, Ochoa F. Investigation of product quality between extemporaneously compounded progesterone vaginal suppositories and an approved progesterone vaginal gel. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2004;30:1069-78 pubmed..This data indicates that pharmacy compounded delivery systems for progesterone should be used with caution. ..
- Chianese Bullock K, Lewis S, Sherman N, Shannon J, Slingluff C. Multi-peptide vaccines vialed as peptide mixtures can be stable reagents for use in peptide-based immune therapies. Vaccine. 2009;27:1764-70 pubmed publisher..Results from these analyses have implications for changing the way peptide-based vaccines are manufactured and demonstrate that multi-peptide vaccines are reliable reagents for use in peptide-based immune therapies. ..
- Blodi B, Domalpally A, Scott I, Ip M, Oden N, Elledge J, et al. Standard Care vs Corticosteroid for Retinal Vein Occlusion (SCORE) Study system for evaluation of stereoscopic color fundus photographs and fluorescein angiograms: SCORE Study Report 9. Arch Ophthalmol. 2010;128:1140-5 pubmed publisher..A systematic temporal drift occurred in evaluating area of retinal thickening. ..
- Liesegang T, Shaikh M, Crook J. The outcome of manuscripts submitted to the American Journal of Ophthalmology between 2002 and 2003. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;143:551-60 pubmed..Rejection of a manuscript by the AJO does not preclude publication, but rejected manuscripts are published more often in journals that serve a smaller readership and are cited less frequently, although exceptions exist. ..
- Wang K, Mullersman J, Liu X. Family-based association analysis of the MAPT gene in Parkinson disease. J Appl Genet. 2010;51:509-14 pubmed..021, respectively). Two-SNP haplotypes inferred from rs17563965 and rs17649641 also showed association with PD (P = 0.018) and age at onset (P = 0.026). These results provide further support for the role of MAPT in development of PD. ..
- Trimarchi M, Murphy M, Frankhouser D, Rodriguez B, Curfman J, Marcucci G, et al. Enrichment-based DNA methylation analysis using next-generation sequencing: sample exclusion, estimating changes in global methylation, and the contribution of replicate lanes. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 8:S6 pubmed publisher
- Bowen R, Kim S, Sattayapiwat A, Austria Esguerra V, Zare R. Performance of chemically modified plastic blood collection tubes. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:90-9 pubmed publisher..The chemoPET tubes described here may be a suitable alternative to serum BCTs that contain problematic surfactants known to interfere with some clinical assays on the Immulite 1000 and RxL instruments. ..
- Eskandari M, Kramer C, Hecht H, Jaber W, Marwick T. Evidence Base for Quality Control Activities in Cardiovascular Imaging. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:294-305 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to evaluate the current status and future goals of developing the evidence base for these processes in cardiovascular imaging. ..
- Mahadevan R, Doyle Iii F. On-line optimization of recombinant product in a fed-batch bioreactor. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19:639-46 pubmed..The simulation results indicated improvement in the amount of product formed, when the optimal profile is regenerated during the course of the batch. ..
- Yang W, Minkler D, Kshirsagar R, Ryll T, Huang Y. Concentrated fed-batch cell culture increases manufacturing capacity without additional volumetric capacity. J Biotechnol. 2016;217:1-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, improving specific productivity can resolve CFB's cost, scale-up, and operability challenges. ..
- Lefterova M, Shen P, Odegaard J, Fung E, Chiang T, Peng G, et al. Next-Generation Molecular Testing of Newborn Dried Blood Spots for Cystic Fibrosis. J Mol Diagn. 2016;18:267-82 pubmed publisher..CFseq is thus able to replace all existing CFTR molecular assays with a single robust, definitive assay at significant cost and time savings and could be adapted to high-throughput screening of other inherited conditions. ..
- Lempka S, Johnson M, Moffitt M, Otto K, Kipke D, McIntyre C. Theoretical analysis of intracortical microelectrode recordings. J Neural Eng. 2011;8:045006 pubmed publisher..Such advances could help enable the long-term functionality required for chronic neural recording applications. ..
- Zheng J, Guida L, Rower C, Castillo Mancilla J, Meditz A, Klein B, et al. Quantitation of tenofovir and emtricitabine in dried blood spots (DBS) with LC-MS/MS. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014;88:144-51 pubmed publisher..Comparison of TFV and FTC in DBS vs. plasma yielded r(2)?0.96, indicating that DBS can be used as a plasma alternative for pharmacokinetic analyses in vivo. ..
- Fisher K, Zhang L, Wang J, Smith G, Newman S, Schneider T, et al. Clinical Validation and Implementation of a Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing Assay to Detect Somatic Variants in Non-Small Cell Lung, Melanoma, and Gastrointestinal Malignancies. J Mol Diagn. 2016;18:299-315 pubmed publisher..Clinically relevant NGS data can be obtained from routine clinical FFPE solid tumor specimens using TST, benchtop instruments, and vendor-supplied bioinformatics pipelines. ..
- Chen J, McAuslane H, Carle R, Webb S. Impact of Bemisia argentifolii (Homoptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Aleyrodidae) infestation and squash silverleaf disorder on zucchini yield and quality. J Econ Entomol. 2004;97:2083-94 pubmed..We conclude that feeding by high whitefly populations rather than expression of squash silverleaf disorder is responsible for yield and quality reduction in zucchini. ..
- Baker T, Gustafson D, Shaw B, Hawkins R, Pingree S, ROBERTS L, et al. Relevance of CONSORT reporting criteria for research on eHealth interventions. Patient Educ Couns. 2010;81 Suppl:S77-86 pubmed publisher..The recommendations contained in this paper have the potential to enhance the public health and scientific value of eHealth research. ..
- Wang Z, Chen P, Yu L, Harrington P. Authentication of organically and conventionally grown basils by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry chemical profiles. Anal Chem. 2013;85:2945-53 pubmed publisher..The FuRES and the FOAM are demonstrated as powerful tools for modeling and classifying GC/MS data of complex samples, and the data pretreatments are demonstrated to be useful to improve the performance of classifiers. ..
- Laurie C, Doheny K, Mirel D, Pugh E, Bierut L, Bhangale T, et al. Quality control and quality assurance in genotypic data for genome-wide association studies. Genet Epidemiol. 2010;34:591-602 pubmed publisher..The methods are illustrated with examples from the "Gene Environment Association Studies" (GENEVA) program. The results suggest several recommendations for QC/QA in the design and execution of GWAS. ..
- Arendrup M, Meletiadis J, Mouton J, Guinea J, Cuenca Estrella M, Lagrou K, et al. EUCAST technical note on isavuconazole breakpoints for Aspergillus, itraconazole breakpoints for Candida and updates for the antifungal susceptibility testing method documents. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:571.e1-4 pubmed publisher..0 of the routine and extended internal quality control for antifungal susceptibility testing as recommended by EUCAST, and the E.Def 7.3, E.Def 9.2 and E.Def 9.3 method documents (http://www.eucast.org). ..
- Handley M, Hirth W, Phillips J, Ali S, Khan A, Fadnis L, et al. Development of a sensitive and quantitative analytical method for 1H-4-substituted imidazole histamine H3-receptor antagonists utilizing high-performance liquid chromatography and dabsyl derivatization. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl. 1998;716:239-49 pubmed..This assay has demonstrated it's suitability for the sensitive quantitation of several structurally diverse 1H-4-substituted imidazole HA H3-receptor antagonists in biological matrices for pharmacokinetic and biodistribution studies...
- Zhu Y, Yang S. Adaptation of Clostridium tyrobutyricum for enhanced tolerance to butyric acid in a fibrous-bed bioreactor. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19:365-72 pubmed..This study shows that cell immobilization in the FBB provides an effective means for in-process adaptation and selection of mutant with higher tolerance to inhibitory fermentation product...
- Baer D. Saving laboratory records: what, how, how long?. MLO Med Lab Obs. 2004;36:10-1, 14-6; quiz 18-20 pubmed
- Yoshii A, Plaut D, McGraw K, Anderson M, Wellik K. Analysis of the reporting of search strategies in Cochrane systematic reviews. J Med Libr Assoc. 2009;97:21-9 pubmed publisher..The 65 reviews represented 41 different Cochrane review groups. The instructions from the Cochrane Handbook for reporting search strategies are not being consistently employed by groups producing Cochrane reviews. ..
- Feng W, Leach S, Tipney H, Phang T, Geraci M, Spritz R, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of gene expression during growth and fusion of the mouse facial prominences. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8066 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies provide a valuable resource for probing orofacial development and a robust dataset for bioinformatic analysis of spatial and temporal gene expression changes during embryogenesis. ..
- Kumar S, Das M, Hadad C, Musier Forsyth K. Substrate and enzyme functional groups contribute to translational quality control by bacterial prolyl-tRNA synthetase. J Phys Chem B. 2012;116:6991-9 pubmed publisher..A role is also proposed for the protein's conserved GXXXP loop in transition state stabilization and for the main chain atoms of Gly261 in a proton relay that contributes substantially to catalysis. ..
- Pacquette L, Levenson A, Thompson J. Determination of total iodine in infant formula and nutritional products by inductively coupled plasma/mass spectrometry: single-laboratory validation. J AOAC Int. 2012;95:169-76 pubmed..Therefore, this technique is very compatible with other methods being proposed as modern official methods for the analysis of minerals in nutritional products...
- Orsini J, Martin M, Showers A, Bodamer O, Zhang X, Gelb M, et al. Lysosomal storage disorder 4+1 multiplex assay for newborn screening using tandem mass spectrometry: application to a small-scale population study for five lysosomal storage disorders. Clin Chim Acta. 2012;413:1270-3 pubmed publisher..Advantages of this new method include significant decreases in processing time and the number of required assay solutions and overall decreased complexity. ..
- Lawless M, Junell S, Hammer C, DeWerd L. Response of TLD-100 in mixed fields of photons and electrons. Med Phys. 2013;40:012103 pubmed publisher..TLD-100 dosimetry of mixed fields must account for this intermediate response to minimize the estimation errors associated with calibration factors obtained from a single beam quality. ..
- Cheng H, Yi H, Kim Y, Kroh E, Chien J, Eaton K, et al. Plasma processing conditions substantially influence circulating microRNA biomarker levels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64795 pubmed publisher..We provide specific practical recommendations to help minimize confounding variation attributable to plasma processing and platelet contamination...
- Schlaberg R, Chiu C, Miller S, Procop G, Weinstock G. Validation of Metagenomic Next-Generation Sequencing Tests for Universal Pathogen Detection. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141:776-786 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, specimen preparation, rapidly evolving data analysis algorithms, and incomplete reference sequence databases are idiosyncratic to the field of microbiology and often overlooked. ..
- Alferness P, Wiebe L. Determination of mesotrione residues and metabolites in crops, soil, and water by liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:3926-34 pubmed..1 and 1.0 microg/L. Recoveries for all waters were 80% (CV = 7%, n = 51), 94% (CV = 4%, n = 52), and 93% (CV = 9%, n = 51) for mesotrione, MNBA, and AMBA, respectively. ..
- Tay A, Yang S. Production of L(+)-lactic acid from glucose and starch by immobilized cells of Rhizopus oryzae in a rotating fibrous bed bioreactor. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2002;80:1-12 pubmed..The results showed that the oxygen uptake rate increased with increasing DO, indicating that oxygen transfer was limited by the diffusion inside the mycelial layer...
- Brandon D, Bates A, Binder R, Montague W, Whitehand L, Barker S. Analysis of fenbendazole residues in bovine milk by ELISA. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:5791-6 pubmed..The ELISA method could be used to flag high-residue samples in on-site monitoring of fenbendazole in milk and is a potential tool for studying drug pharmacokinetics...
- Lin Z, Musiano D, Abbot A, Shum L. In vitro plasma protein binding determination of flunarizine using equilibrium dialysis and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2005;37:757-62 pubmed..083+/-0.005% overall percent free drug in plasma and a CV value less than 7.8%. This validated method will be used for the ex vivo assessment of flunarizine protein binding in human plasma from a drug-drug interaction clinical study. ..
- Lee P, Tullman Ercek D, Georgiou G. The bacterial twin-arginine translocation pathway. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2006;60:373-95 pubmed..Owing to the unique characteristics of the pathway, it holds promise for biotechnological applications. ..
- Bezerra H, Perin E, Berger P, Block P, Ramee S, Katz S, et al. Outcomes of unselected recipients of sirolimus-eluting stents: the Cypher stent U.S. post-marketing surveillance registry. J Invasive Cardiol. 2010;22:48-55 pubmed..None of the "off-label" indications were independent predictors of MACE or stent thrombosis. ..
- Khan Z, Wolff H, Fredrickson J, Walker D, Daftary G, Morbeck D. Mouse strain and quality control testing: improved sensitivity of the mouse embryo assay with embryos from outbred mice. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:847-854.e2 pubmed publisher..To determine the relative sensitivities of embryos from different strains of mice to in vitro stress...
- Wang F, Durfee L, Huibregtse J. A cotranslational ubiquitination pathway for quality control of misfolded proteins. Mol Cell. 2013;50:368-78 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ubiquitination of nascent polypeptides occurs in two contexts and define CTU(A) as a component of a quality control system that marks proteins for destruction while they are being synthesized. ..
- Pinto N, Gamazon E, Antao N, Myers J, Stark A, Konkashbaev A, et al. Integrating cell-based and clinical genome-wide studies to identify genetic variants contributing to treatment failure in neuroblastoma patients. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2014;95:644-52 pubmed publisher..01) and within the high-risk subset (P = 0.05). Our study highlights the value of cell-based models to identify candidate variants that may predict response to treatment in patients with cancer. ..
- Newgard C, Fu R, Lerner E, Daya M, Wright D, Jui J, et al. Deaths and high-risk trauma patients missed by standard trauma data sources. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:427-437 pubmed publisher..4% (NTDB) to 77.3% (all admissions). Common sources of trauma data miss substantial numbers of trauma deaths and high-risk trauma patients and can generate biased estimates for trauma system quality metrics. Epidemiologic, level III. ..
- Bird S, Exum L, Alberty S. Generating high quality impervious cover data. Qual Assur. 2000;8:91-103 pubmed..Ground features were identified and categorized by human analysts with the help of Geographic Information System (GIS) software and a prototype "cover tool" extension. ..
- Xu D, Li G, Wu L, Zhou J, Xu Y. PRIMEGENS: robust and efficient design of gene-specific probes for microarray analysis. Bioinformatics. 2002;18:1432-7 pubmed..The PCR amplification results indicate that this method is very efficient and reliable for designing specific probes for microarray analysis. ..
- Qualman S, France M, Grizzle W, LiVolsi V, Moskaluk C, Ramirez N, et al. Establishing a tumour bank: banking, informatics and ethics. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1115-9 pubmed..Increasing molecular genetics testing is also resulting in an increased demand for high-quality nucleic acids. ..
- Min H, Perl Y, Chen Y, Halper M, Geller J, Wang Y. Auditing as part of the terminology design life cycle. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2006;13:676-90 pubmed..This methodology concentrates a domain expert's manual review on portions of the concepts with a high likelihood of errors. ..
- Henry C, Conrad J. Scientific and legal perspectives on science generated for regulatory activities. Environ Health Perspect. 2008;116:136-41 pubmed publisher..In a closely related example, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considered but abandoned a program to implement standards aimed at "external" information. ..