Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pyrimidines in Taiwan
- Chang C, Yang Y, Hsu C, Lin M. Trends in the treatment changes and medication persistence of chronic myeloid leukemia in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007: a longitudinal population database analysis. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:359 pubmed publisher..Our study also highlights the need to improve treatment persistence and effectiveness of imatinib over the long term. ..
- Wang T, Li W, Yu S, Au L. The use of 10-23 DNAzyme to selectively destroy the allele of mRNA with a unique purine-pyrimidine dinucleotide. Oligonucleotides. 2008;18:295-9 pubmed publisher..This proof-of-concept experiment provided a new way to knock down expression of a given allele with special single-base transversion. ..
- Hsieh C, Jeng J, Hsieh M, Chen Y, Lu T, Rau C, et al. Involvement of the p38 pathway in the differential induction of heme oxygenase-1 by statins in Neuro-2A cells exposed to lipopolysaccharide. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2011;34:8-19 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated the involvement of p38 in the differential induction of HO-1 by different statins and showed the different physiological relevance of experiments on different cell types. ..
- Lin Y, Wu M, Wei T, Chuang S, Chen K, Cheng A, et al. Degradation of epidermal growth factor receptor mediates dasatinib-induced apoptosis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells. Neoplasia. 2012;14:463-75 pubmed..In conclusion, degradation of EGFR is a novel mechanism responsible for dasatinib-induced apoptosis in HNSCC cells. ..
- Chen R, Chang W, Lin Y, Cheng P, Chen Y. Alzheimer's amyloid-? oligomers rescue cellular prion protein induced tau reduction via the Fyn pathway. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013;4:1287-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrated that PrP(C) down-regulated tau via the Fyn pathway and the effect can be regulated by A? oligomers. Our study facilitated the understanding of molecular mechanisms among PrP(C), tau, and A? oligomers. ..
- Chen C, Cheng C, Chen Y, Sue Y, Hsu Y, Tsai W, et al. Rosuvastatin inhibits pressure-induced fibrotic responses via the expression regulation of prostacyclin and prostaglandin E2 in rat renal tubular cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;700:65-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, rosuvastatin reduces pressure-induced fibrotic responses in renal tubular cells by enhancing the PGI(2)-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? pathway and reducing PGE(2) generation. ..
- Chang W, Liu T, Yang W, Lee C, Lin Y, Chen T, et al. Amiloride modulates alternative splicing in leukemic cells and resensitizes Bcr-AblT315I mutant cells to imatinib. Cancer Res. 2011;71:383-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that amiloride may offer a potential treatment option for chronic myelogenous leukemia either alone or in combination with imatinib. ..
- Lin C, Yen R, Jeng Y, Tzen C, Hsu C, Hong R. Unexpected rapid progression of metastatic adenoid cystic carcinoma during treatment with imatinib mesylate. Head Neck. 2005;27:1022-7 pubmed..We observed an unexpected high progression rate of metastatic ACC within short periods during imatinib treatment. Use of imatinib to treat cancers without c-kit or PDGFR-alpha mutation should be approached with caution. ..
- Chen T, Yu M, Chien C, Wu M, Lee Y, Chen Y. Nilotinib reduced the viability of human ovarian cancer cells via mitochondria-dependent apoptosis, independent of JNK activation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;31:1-11 pubmed publisher..The evidence supporting AMN effectively reducing the viability of human ovarian cancer cells via mitochondrion-dependent apoptosis is provided. ..
- Yang S, Chang S, Wen H, Chen C, Liao J, Chang C. Plumbagin activates ERK1/2 and Akt via superoxide, Src and PI3-kinase in 3T3-L1 cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;638:21-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that plumbagin activates NAD(P)H oxidase, Src, and PI3K, and that the activated PI3K or PDK1 subsequently stimulate Akt and Ras-Raf-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 in 3T3-L1 cells. ..
- Yu H, Lin C, Tai W, Liu C, Shiau C, Chen K. Nilotinib induces autophagy in hepatocellular carcinoma through AMPK activation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18249-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal that nilotinib induces autophagy, but not apoptosis in HCC, and that the autophagy-inducing activity is associated with PP2A-regulated AMPK phosphorylation. ..
- Lee Y, Chen C, Liu F, Huang Y, Huang H. Aclacinomycin A sensitizes K562 chronic myeloid leukemia cells to imatinib through p38MAPK-mediated erythroid differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61939 pubmed publisher..These results provided a potential management by which ACM might have a crucial impact on increasing sensitivity of CML cells to imatinib in the differentiation therapeutic approaches. ..
- Huang W, Chen J, Inoue H, Chen C. Tyrosine phosphorylation of I-kappa B kinase alpha/beta by protein kinase C-dependent c-Src activation is involved in TNF-alpha-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression. J Immunol. 2003;170:4767-75 pubmed..These two pathways cross-link between c-Src and NIK and converge at IKKalpha/beta, and go on to activate NF-kappaB, via serine phosphorylation and degradation of IkappaB-alpha, and, finally, to initiate COX-2 expression. ..
- Ko T, Lin J, Hu C, Hsu Y, Wang A, Liaw S. Crystal structure of yeast cytosine deaminase. Insights into enzyme mechanism and evolution. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19111-7 pubmed
- Tang C, Yang R, Fu W. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates fibronectin expression through EP1 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Calpha, and c-Src pathway in primary cultured rat osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22907-16 pubmed..Taken together, our results provided evidence that PGE(2) increased Fn and promoted bone formation in rat osteoblasts via the EP(1)/phospholipase C/PKCalpha/c-Src signaling pathway. ..
- Huang D, Chao Y, Tai M, Yu Y, Lin W. STI571 reduces TRAIL-induced apoptosis in colon cancer cells: c-Abl activation by the death receptor leads to stress kinase-dependent cell death. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:35 pubmed publisher..Our results raise additional concerns when developing combination cancer therapy with TRAIL and STI571 in the future. ..
- Su K, Yu Y, Hou H, Zhao J, Kou Y, Cheng L, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase mediates erythropoietin-induced activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3053-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EPO may trigger AMPK-dependent signaling, which leads to enhanced phosphorylation of ?CR and eNOS, increased ?CR-AMPK-eNOS complex formation, NO production, and, ultimately, angiogenesis. ..
- Lin J, Tarn W. Exon selection in alpha-tropomyosin mRNA is regulated by the antagonistic action of RBM4 and PTB. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10111-21 pubmed..This study suggests a possible mechanism underlying the regulated alternative splicing of alpha-TM by the antagonistic splicing regulators RBM4 and PTB. ..
- Hou C, Fong Y, Tang C. HMGB-1 induces IL-6 production in human synovial fibroblasts through c-Src, Akt and NF-?B pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2006-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HMGB-1-increased IL-6 production in human synovial fibroblasts via the RAGE receptor, c-Src, Akt, p65, and NF-?B signaling pathways. ..
- Kuo Y, Chang Z. GATA-1 and Gfi-1B interplay to regulate Bcl-xL transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4261-72 pubmed..These findings illuminate the role of Gfi-1B in GATA-1-mediated transcription in the survival aspect of erythroid cells. ..