Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pyridines in United States
Locale: United States
- Jean Pierre N, Barnable P, Kizima L, RodrÃguez A, Seidor S, Cooney M, et al. Multipurpose Prevention Approaches with Antiretroviral-Based Formulations. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:1141-4 pubmed publisher..MZC protected mice from vaginal herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) challenge (P < 0.0001), but the TFV 1% gel did not. ..
- Walters J, Bickford J, Beachy D, Newsom K, Herlihy J, Peck M, et al. cPLA(2)? gene activation by IL-1? is dependent on an upstream kinase pathway, enzymatic activation and downstream 15-lipoxygenase activity: a positive feedback loop. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1944-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data support an MKK3/MKK6?p38 MAPK?MSK-1?cPLA(2)??15-LOX2-dependent, positive feedback loop where a protein's enzymatic activity is required to regulate its own gene induction by a pro-inflammatory stimulus. ..
- Da Silva M, Siddiqui J, Halverson A, Wilasrusmee C, Bruch D, Kittur D. beta1-integrin-ligand disengagement induces in vitro capillary tube disruption mediated by p38 MAPK activity. Surgery. 2003;134:164-8 pubmed..In spite of activation of both pathways, the p38 MAPK but not the ERK pathway inhibitor prevented beta1-integrin antibody effects. Inhibiting p38 MAPK may mitigate capillary injury associated with sepsis and transplant rejection. ..
- Mechlin C, Tanner M, Chen M, Buttyan R, Levin R, Mian B. Gli2 expression and human bladder transitional carcinoma cell invasiveness. J Urol. 2010;184:344-51 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that Gli2 expression by noncanonical signaling contributes to bladder cancer cell invasiveness. ..
- Reid E, Kristo G, Yoshimura Y, Ballard Croft C, Keith B, Mentzer R, et al. In vivo adenosine receptor preconditioning reduces myocardial infarct size via subcellular ERK signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H2253-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the unique adenosine receptor agonist AMP-579 exerts its beneficial effects in vivo via both A1 and A2a receptor modulation of subcellular ERK isoform signaling. ..
- Choi H, Choi B, Cho Y, Zhu F, Bode A, Dong Z. Phosphorylation of Ser28 in histone H3 mediated by mixed lineage kinase-like mitogen-activated protein triple kinase alpha. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13545-53 pubmed
- Wang Y, Kellner J, Liu L, Zhou D. Inhibition of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase promotes ex vivo hematopoietic stem cell expansion. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1143-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that p38 plays an important role in the regulation of HSC self-renewal in vitro and inhibition of p38 activation with a small molecule inhibitor may represent a novel approach to promote ex vivo expansion of HSCs. ..
- Orr Gandy K, Adada M, Canals D, Carroll B, Roddy P, Hannun Y, et al. Epidermal growth factor-induced cellular invasion requires sphingosine-1-phosphate/sphingosine-1-phosphate 2 receptor-mediated ezrin activation. FASEB J. 2013;27:3155-66 pubmed publisher..In this work, a novel mechanism of EGF-stimulated invasion is unveiled, whereby S1P-mediated activation of S1PR2 and phosphorylation of ezrin T567 is required...
- Cai B, Xia Z. p38 MAP kinase mediates arsenite-induced apoptosis through FOXO3a activation and induction of Bim transcription. Apoptosis. 2008;13:803-10 pubmed publisher..Together with our previous finding that Bim(EL) is phosphorylated and activated by p38, these results demonstrate that p38 induces apoptosis by regulating Bim(EL) at both the transcriptional and post-translational levels. ..
- Kozell L, Walter N, MILNER L, Wickman K, Buck K. Mapping a barbiturate withdrawal locus to a 0.44 Mb interval and analysis of a novel null mutant identify a role for Kcnj9 (GIRK3) in withdrawal from pentobarbital, zolpidem, and ethanol. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11662-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results will be primary to additional efforts to identify genes involved in a wide variety of behavioral responses to sedative-hypnotics and may directly facilitate progress in human genetics. ..
- Samuvel D, Sundararaj K, Li Y, Lopes Virella M, Huang Y. Adipocyte-mononuclear cell interaction, Toll-like receptor 4 activation, and high glucose synergistically up-regulate osteopontin expression via an interleukin 6-mediated mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3916-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study has demonstrated that cell interaction, TLR4 activation, and high glucose up-regulate osteopontin expression, and adipocyte-derived IL-6 played a major role in the up-regulation. ..
- Kim R, El Gazzaz G, Tan A, Elson P, Byrne M, Chang Y, et al. Safety and feasibility of using sorafenib in recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after orthotopic liver transplantation. Oncology. 2010;79:62-6 pubmed publisher..A larger prospective study is necessary to determine the efficacy of sorafenib in this group of patients. ..
- O Loughlin E, Sims G, Traina S. Biodegradation of 2-methyl, 2-ethyl, and 2-hydroxypyridine by an Arthrobacter sp. isolated from subsurface sediment. Biodegradation. 1999;10:93-104 pubmed..The data suggest that there are differences between the pathway for 2-hydroxypyridine degradation and the pathways(s) for 2-methylpyridine and 2-ethylpyridine. ..
- Shi Y, Rehman H, Ramshesh V, Schwartz J, Liu Q, Krishnasamy Y, et al. Sphingosine kinase-2 inhibition improves mitochondrial function and survival after hepatic ischemia-reperfusion. J Hepatol. 2012;56:137-45 pubmed publisher..SK2 plays an important role in mitochondrial dysfunction, inflammation responses, hepatocyte death, and survival after hepatic IR and represents a new target for the treatment of IR injury. ..
- Kunos C, Radivoyevitch T, Abdul Karim F, Fanning J, Abulafia O, Bonebrake A, et al. Ribonucleotide reductase inhibition restores platinum-sensitivity in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study. J Transl Med. 2012;10:79 pubmed publisher..The potent ribonucleotide reductase (RNR) inhibitor 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxyaldehyde-thiosemicarbazone (3-AP) was tested as a chemosensitizer for restored cisplatin-mediated cytotoxicity in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer...
- Hasenstein J, Kasmerchak K, Buehler D, Hafez G, Cleary K, Moody J, et al. Efficacy of Tie2 receptor antagonism in angiosarcoma. Neoplasia. 2012;14:131-40 pubmed..These data identify Tie2 antagonism as a potential novel, targeted therapy for angiosarcomas and provide a foundation for further investigation of Tie2 inhibition, alone and in combinations, in the management of this disease...
- Liu C, Wu C, Petrossian K, Huang T, Tseng L, Chen S. Treatment for the endocrine resistant breast cancer: Current options and future perspectives. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:166-175 pubmed publisher..Last but not the least, we discuss current challenges and future directions for management of endocrine resistant breast cancers. ..
- Rodrigues Pinguet N, Jia L, Li M, Figl A, Klaassen A, Truong A, et al. Five ADNFLE mutations reduce the Ca2+ dependence of the mammalian alpha4beta2 acetylcholine response. J Physiol. 2003;550:11-26 pubmed..Reducing the Ca2+ dependence of the ACh response could trigger seizures by increasing alpha4beta2-mediated glutamate release during such bouts. ..
- Coxon P, Rane M, Uriarte S, Powell D, Singh S, Butt W, et al. MAPK-activated protein kinase-2 participates in p38 MAPK-dependent and ERK-dependent functions in human neutrophils. Cell Signal. 2003;15:993-1001 pubmed..ERK phosphorylated MK2 in vitro and activated MK2 in f-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP)-stimulated neutrophils. These data suggest that MK2 mediates both ERK- and p38 MAPK-dependent neutrophil responses. ..
- Wladyka C, Kunze D. KCNQ/M-currents contribute to the resting membrane potential in rat visceral sensory neurons. J Physiol. 2006;575:175-89 pubmed..These data indicate that the M-current is present in nodose neurons, is activated at resting membrane potential and that it is physiologically important in regulating excitability by maintaining cells at negative voltages. ..
- Felmlee M, Lon H, Gonzalez F, Yu A. Cytochrome P450 expression and regulation in CYP3A4/CYP2D6 double transgenic humanized mice. Drug Metab Dispos. 2008;36:435-41 pubmed..The difference in CYP3A4 expression and induction between male and female mice suggests that women may be more susceptible to CYP3A4-mediated drug-drug interactions, and the extent of drug-drug interactions could be substrate dependent. ..
- Wu M, Aung H, Hirsch C, Toossi Z. Inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis-induced signalling by transforming growth factor-? in human mononuclear phagocytes. Scand J Immunol. 2012;75:301-4 pubmed publisher..Inhibition by SIS3 only inhibited uPAR mRNA significantly. SIS3 may prove to be an effective adjunct to TB therapy...
- Salhan D, Sagar A, Kumar D, Rattanavich R, Rai P, Maheshwari S, et al. HIV-associated nephropathy: role of AT2R. Cell Signal. 2012;24:734-41 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, plasma as well as renal tissues of Tg26 mice displayed several fold higher concentration of Ang III, a ligand of AT(2)R. ..
- Yadav A, Kumar B, Teknos T, Kumar P. Sorafenib enhances the antitumor effects of chemoradiation treatment by downregulating ERCC-1 and XRCC-1 DNA repair proteins. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest a potentially novel strategy to use sorafenib to overcome chemo- and radioresistance in tumor and tumor-associated endothelial to enhance the effectiveness of the chemoradiation therapy. ..
- Zhou X, Song M, Chen D, Wei L, Yu S. Potential role of KCNQ/M-channels in regulating neuronal differentiation in mouse hippocampal and embryonic stem cell-derived neuronal cultures. Exp Neurol. 2011;229:471-83 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that KCNQ2/3 channels participate in the regulation of neuronal differentiation and show a tonic regulation on pre-synaptic transmitter release and recycling in developing neuronal cells. ..
- Yan Q, Zheng S, Yan S. Involvement of 5-HT1B receptors within the ventral tegmental area in regulation of mesolimbic dopaminergic neuronal activity via GABA mechanisms: a study with dual-probe microdialysis. Brain Res. 2004;1021:82-91 pubmed..The increased DA neuron activity may be associated, at least in part, with the 5-HT1B receptor-mediated inhibition of VTA GABA release. ..
- Angiolillo D, Capodanno D, Goto S. Platelet thrombin receptor antagonism and atherothrombosis. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:17-28 pubmed publisher..Thus PAR-1 antagonism coupled with existing dual oral antiplatelet therapy may potentially offer more comprehensive platelet inhibition without the liability of increased bleeding. ..
- Zhou H, Jarujaron S, Gurley E, Chen L, Ding H, Studer E, et al. HIV protease inhibitors increase TNF-alpha and IL-6 expression in macrophages: involvement of the RNA-binding protein HuR. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:e134-43 pubmed..Down regulation of HuR expression by siRNA prevented atazanavir-induced increase of TNF-alpha and IL-6. These results suggest that HuR might have an impact on pathophysiological processes of HIV PI-induced atherosclerosis. ..
- Supinski G, Ji X, Callahan L. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase modulates endotoxin-induced diaphragm caspase activation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:121-7 pubmed publisher..001). p38 inhibitors also prevented endotoxin-induced diaphragm weakness (P < 0.001). p38 modulates cytokine-induced skeletal muscle caspase activation. ..
- Li F, Wang L, Guo G, Ma X. Metabolism-mediated drug interactions associated with ritonavir-boosted tipranavir in mice. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:871-8 pubmed publisher..The current study provides solid evidence that the RTV-mediated boosting of TPV is due to the modulation of P450-dependent metabolism...
- Chen Deutsch X, Studzinski G. Dual role of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 (HPK1) as a positive regulator of 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-induced differentiation and cell cycle arrest of AML cells and as a mediator of vitamin D resistance. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1364-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, high HPK1 cleavage activity contributes to vitamin D resistance, and HPK1 has a dual role in AML cell differentiation. ..
- Hsu J, Kan W, Hsieh Y, Choudhry M, Schwacha M, Bland K, et al. Mechanism of estrogen-mediated improvement in cardiac function after trauma-hemorrhage: p38-dependent normalization of cardiac Akt phosphorylation and glycogen levels. Shock. 2008;30:372-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that p38-dependent normalization of cardiac Akt phosphorylation and glycogen levels plays an important role in E2-mediated restoration of cardiac function after trauma-hemorrhage. ..
- Hillmer A, Wooten D, Moirano J, Slesarev M, Barnhart T, Engle J, et al. Specific ?4?2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor binding of [F-18]nifene in the rhesus monkey. Synapse. 2011;65:1309-18 pubmed publisher..F-18]Nifene exhibits rapid equilibration and a moderately high target to background binding profile in the ?4?2* nAChR rich regions of the brain, thus providing favorable imaging characteristics as a PET radiotracer for nAChR assay. ..
- Zhao Q, Barakat B, Qin S, Ray A, El Mahdy M, Wani G, et al. The p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase augments nucleotide excision repair by mediating DDB2 degradation and chromatin relaxation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32553-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that p38 MAPK regulates chromatin remodeling as well as DDB2 degradation for facilitating NER factor assembly. ..
- Kloos R, Ringel M, Knopp M, Hall N, King M, Stevens R, et al. Phase II trial of sorafenib in metastatic thyroid cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:1675-84 pubmed publisher..No PRs were noted among non-PTC patients. Sorafenib is reasonably well-tolerated therapy with clinical and biologic antitumor activity in metastatic PTC. ..
- Gien J, Tseng N, Seedorf G, Roe G, Abman S. Endothelin-1 impairs angiogenesis in vitro through Rho-kinase activation after chronic intrauterine pulmonary hypertension in fetal sheep. Pediatr Res. 2013;73:252-62 pubmed publisher..Y-27632 prevented the decrease in tube formation with ET-1. ET-1 activation of ROCK impairs angiogenesis of fetal PAECs. Disruption of ET-1-ROCK interactions may increase vascular growth in PPHN. ..
- Geden C, Devine G. Pyriproxyfen and house flies (Diptera: Muscidae): effects of direct exposure and autodissemination to larval habitats. J Med Entomol. 2012;49:606-13 pubmed..Intermittent contact with treated fabric over 2 d reduced adult emergence by 63-76%...
- Kalita K, Kharebava G, Zheng J, Hetman M. Role of megakaryoblastic acute leukemia-1 in ERK1/2-dependent stimulation of serum response factor-driven transcription by BDNF or increased synaptic activity. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10020-32 pubmed..In addition, MKL1 appears as a novel mediator of the signaling between ERK1/2 and SRF. Moreover, MKL1 is a likely regulator of SRF-driven transcription programs that underlie neuronal plasticity. ..
- Chelvarajan R, Liu Y, Popa D, Getchell M, Getchell T, Stromberg A, et al. Molecular basis of age-associated cytokine dysregulation in LPS-stimulated macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:1314-27 pubmed..Low doses of a p38 MAPK inhibitor (SB203580) enhanced proinflammatory cytokine production by Mphi and reduced IL-10 levels, indicating that increased p38 MAPK activity has a role in cytokine dysregulation in the aged mouse Mphi. ..
- Leung A, Kent Morest D, Li J. Differential BMP signaling controls formation and differentiation of multipotent preplacodal ectoderm progenitors from human embryonic stem cells. Dev Biol. 2013;379:208-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also show that sensory neurons can be generated from human PPE cells, demonstrating the multipotency of the human ES-derived PPE cells...
- Snider A, Ruiz P, Obeid L, Oates J. Inhibition of sphingosine kinase-2 in a murine model of lupus nephritis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53521 pubmed publisher..Together these data demonstrate a role for SKs in LN; however, they suggest that inhibition of SK1 or perhaps both SK isoforms would better prevent elevations in S1P and dh-S1P and potentially better protect against LN. ..
- Lip G, Al Saady N, Jin J, Sun M, Melino M, Winters S, et al. Anticoagulation Control in Warfarin-Treated Patients Undergoing Cardioversion of Atrial Fibrillation (from the Edoxaban Versus Enoxaparin-Warfarin in Patients Undergoing Cardioversion of Atrial Fibrillation Trial). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:792-796 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, even in this short-term study, TiTR was significantly related to bleeding events. ..
- Li F, Lu J, Wang L, Ma X. CYP3A-mediated generation of aldehyde and hydrazine in atazanavir metabolism. Drug Metab Dispos. 2011;39:394-401 pubmed publisher..Further studies are suggested to illustrate the impact of these potential reactive metabolites on ATV-related adverse effects. ..
- Hilgers R, Todd J, Webb R. Increased PDZ-RhoGEF/RhoA/Rho kinase signaling in small mesenteric arteries of angiotensin II-induced hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2007;25:1687-97 pubmed..This enhanced signaling leads to increased MLCP phosphorylation, resulting in vascular hyper-reactivity. ..
- Sanchez T, Skoura A, Wu M, Casserly B, Harrington E, Hla T. Induction of vascular permeability by the sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor-2 (S1P2R) and its downstream effectors ROCK and PTEN. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1312-8 pubmed..S1P2R activation in endothelial cells increases vascular permeability. The balance of S1P1 and S1P2 receptors in the endothelium may determine the regulation of vascular permeability by S1P. ..
- Jones S, Lu H, Lu Q. Abl tyrosine kinase promotes dendrogenesis by inducing actin cytoskeletal rearrangements in cooperation with Rho family small GTPases in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8510-21 pubmed..Together, these studies support a critical role for Abl kinases in regulating dendrogenesis by inducing actin cytoskeletal rearrangements in cooperation with Rho GTPases. ..
- Kim G, Mercer S, Ewton D, Yan Z, Jin K, Friedman E. The stress-activated protein kinases p38 alpha and JNK1 stabilize p21(Cip1) by phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29792-802 pubmed..TGF-beta 1 increased the stability of wild-type p21, but not the p21-S130A mutant. These findings demonstrate that SAPKs can mediate cell cycle arrest through post-translational modification of p21. ..
- Zhao H, Tian W, Cohen D. Rottlerin inhibits tonicity-dependent expression and action of TonEBP in a PKCdelta-independent fashion. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F710-7 pubmed..In the aggregate, these data indicate that rottlerin dramatically inhibits tonicity-dependent TonEBP expression and TonE-dependent transcription but, despite its reputed mode of action, does so through a PKCdelta-independent pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Nomura M, Zhong S, Chen N, Bode A, Dong Z. Signal transduction pathways involved in phosphorylation and activation of p70S6K following exposure to UVA irradiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20913-23 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that activation of MAPKs, like PI 3-kinase/mTOR, may be involved in UVA-induced phosphorylation and activation of p70(S6K). ..
- Harbrecht B, Nweze I, Smith J, Zhang B. Insulin inhibits hepatocyte iNOS expression induced by cytokines by an Akt-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G116-22 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that insulin inhibits cytokine-stimulated hepatocyte iNOS expression and does so through effects on Akt-mediated signaling. ..
- Bruce R, Altice F, Moody D, Lin S, Fang W, Sabo J, et al. Pharmacokinetic interactions between buprenorphine/naloxone and tipranavir/ritonavir in HIV-negative subjects chronically receiving buprenorphine/naloxone. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009;105:234-9 pubmed publisher..BUP/NLX and TPV/r should therefore be used cautiously to avoid decreased efficacy of TPV in patients taking these agents concomitantly...
- Gupta N, Davis C, Nelson J, Young J, Alkayed N. Soluble epoxide hydrolase: sex differences and role in endothelial cell survival. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1936-42 pubmed publisher..Sex differences in ischemic brain injury are, in part, attributable to differences in EET-mediated inhibition of EC ROCK activation after ischemia. ..
- Chen Deutsch X, Garay E, Zhang J, Harrison J, Studzinski G. c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 (JNK2) antagonizes the signaling of differentiation by JNK1 in human myeloid leukemia cells resistant to vitamin D. Leuk Res. 2009;33:1372-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, KD of JNK1p46 reduced the intensity of DCS-induced differentiation, and partially abrogated activation of c-Jun/AP-1 transcription factors. ..
- Gao S, Li S, Duan X, Gu Z, Ma Z, Yuan X, et al. Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK3?) suppresses the progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by modifying STAT3 activity. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2301-2316 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results reveal that higher GSK3? expression promotes ESCC progression through STAT3 in vitro and in vivo, and GSK3?-STAT3 signaling could be a potential therapeutic target for ESCC treatment. ..
- Adjei A, Davis J, Erlichman C, Svingen P, Kaufmann S. Comparison of potential markers of farnesyltransferase inhibition. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:2318-25 pubmed..Our results indicate that unprocessed HDJ-2 and prelamin A should be suitable markers of FT inhibition in clinical samples. ..