Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pyrazoles in Taiwan
- Chen C, Lee T, Kwok C, Hsu Y, Shih K, Lin Y, et al. Cannabinoid receptor type 1 mediates high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance by increasing forkhead box O1 activity in a mouse model of obesity. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:743-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that the anti-insulin resistance effect of AM251, which leads to an improvement of mitochondrial function in hepatic steatosis, is mediated through FoxO1. ..
- Tsai J, Chen C, Chen Y, Chuang L. Rosiglitazone inhibits monocyte/macrophage adhesion through de novo adiponectin production in human monocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:1410-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the inhibitory effect of RSG on monocyte adhesion might be at least in part through de novo adiponectin expression and activation of an AMPK-dependent pathway, which might play an important role in atherogenesis. ..
- Chen K, Hsu C, Song W, Huang C, Tsai C, Kuo C, et al. Celecoxib enhances radiosensitivity in medulloblastoma-derived CD133-positive cells. Childs Nerv Syst. 2010;26:1605-12 pubmed publisher..Celecoxib presents the potential of radiosensitizing effect in MB-derived cancer stem cells. Therefore, it should be warranted in future trials to enhance the radiotherapeutic effects in MB patients. ..
- Wang J, Lin K, Chen J, Lu Y, Jiann B, Chang H, et al. Effect of celecoxib on Ca2+ movement and cell proliferation in human osteoblasts. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:1123-30 pubmed..Celecoxib may be cytotoxic at higher concentrations. ..
- Chiang L, Tseng I, Lin P, Sheu S, Lin C, Hsieh Y, et al. Synthesis of Canthardin Sulfanilamides and Their Acid Anhydride Analogues via a Ring-Opening Reaction of Activated Aziridines and Their Associated Pharmacological Effects. Molecules. 2016;21:100 pubmed publisher..Two compounds 5g and 5h displayed slight effects on the Hep3B cell line, while the other compounds produced no response in these four cell lines. ..
- Afdhal N, Dusheiko G, Giannini E, Chen P, Han K, Mohsin A, et al. Eltrombopag increases platelet numbers in thrombocytopenic patients with HCV infection and cirrhosis, allowing for effective antiviral therapy. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:442-52.e1 pubmed publisher..Clinical trial no: NCT00516321, NCT00529568. ..
- Lee Y, Chang C, Lin J, Chen H, Lin M, Lai M. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs use and risk of upper gastrointestinal adverse events in cirrhotic patients. Liver Int. 2012;32:859-66 pubmed publisher..The use of nsNSAIDs but not celecoxib was associated with a two-fold increased risk of variceal and non-variceal upper GI events among cirrhotic patients. ..
- Chang C, Lee W, Hsieh H, Chuang C, Huang H, Lee F, et al. Selective cyclooxygenase inhibition by SC-560 improves hepatopulmonary syndrome in cirrhotic rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179809 pubmed publisher..Selective COX-1 inhibitor ameliorated HPS by mitigating hypoxia and intrapulmonary shunts, which are related to anti-inflammation and anti-angiogenesis. ..
- Wu R, Lin T, Ko J, Yeh D, Chen M, Ke H, et al. Cannabinoid receptor 1 regulates ERK and GSK-3?-dependent glucocorticoid inhibition of osteoblast differentiation in murine MC3T3-E1 cells. Bone. 2011;49:1255-63 pubmed publisher..Runx2 reciprocally regulates glucocorticoid-induced promotion of CB1 signaling. Our findings provide new insights into the role of the neuroendocrine component CB1 in glucocorticoid-induced osteoblast dysfunction. ..
- Lin K, Lien J, Chung C, Kuo S, Huang T. Bp5250 inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesis and HIF-1? expression on endothelial cells. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2012;385:39-49 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that bp5250 is a potential candidate for developing anti-angiogenic agents...
- Hsieh P, Jin J, Chiang C, Chan P, Chen C, Shih K. COX-2-mediated inflammation in fat is crucial for obesity-linked insulin resistance and fatty liver. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:1150-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that COX-2 activation in fat inflammation is important in the development of insulin resistance and fatty liver in high fat induced obese rats. ..
- Su K, Yu Y, Hou H, Zhao J, Kou Y, Cheng L, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase mediates erythropoietin-induced activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3053-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EPO may trigger AMPK-dependent signaling, which leads to enhanced phosphorylation of ?CR and eNOS, increased ?CR-AMPK-eNOS complex formation, NO production, and, ultimately, angiogenesis. ..
- Li C, Chang J, Chou C, Wang G, Ho M. The PI3K/Akt/FOXO3a/p27Kip1 signaling contributes to anti-inflammatory drug-suppressed proliferation of human osteoblasts. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:926-37 pubmed publisher..We suggest that anti-inflammatory drugs suppress hOB proliferation, at least partly, through inactivating Akt, activating FOXO3a, and eventually up-regulating p27(Kip1) expression. ..
- Gandhi L, Ou S, Shaw A, Barlesi F, Dingemans A, Kim D, et al. Efficacy of alectinib in central nervous system metastases in crizotinib-resistant ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: Comparison of RECIST 1.1 and RANO-HGG criteria. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:27-33 pubmed publisher..Alectinib demonstrated promising efficacy in the CNS for ALK+ NSCLC patients pretreated with crizotinib, regardless of the assessment criteria used. ..