Experts and Doctors on publications in United States
Locale: United States
- Chang C, Mills J. Effects of a reward system on resident research productivity. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;139:1285-90 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that this system may encourage resident research, although further refinement may be required to promote higher-quality research endeavors. ..
- West J, Jacquet J, King M, Correll S, Bergstrom C. The role of gender in scholarly authorship. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66212 pubmed publisher..Moreover, women are significantly underrepresented as authors of single-authored papers. Academics should be aware of the subtle ways that gender disparities can occur in scholarly authorship. ..
- Fang R, Schindelman G, Van Auken K, Fernandes J, Chen W, Wang X, et al. Automatic categorization of diverse experimental information in the bioscience literature. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:16 pubmed publisher..We believe that the work presented here can contribute greatly to the tremendous task of automating the important yet labor-intensive biocuration effort. ..
- Hinnant C. Ironic inversion in Eliza Haywood's fiction: fantomina and "The History of the Invisible Mistress". Womens Writ. 2010;17:403-12 pubmed publisher..A comparison of the two texts affords a fascinating glimpse into Haywood's aims and strategies in Fantomina. ..
- Ramsey S, Scoggins J. Commentary: practicing on the tip of an information iceberg? Evidence of underpublication of registered clinical trials in oncology. Oncologist. 2008;13:925-9 pubmed publisher..gov have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Research sponsors, researchers, and journal editors should redouble their efforts to encourage publication of registered clinical trials in oncology. ..
- Chen D, Muller H, Sternberg P. Automatic document classification of biological literature. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:370 pubmed..We have demonstrated this by presenting a web interface that allows researchers to quickly navigate through the hierarchy and look for documents that belong to a specific concept. ..
- Galganski C. Mapping the literature of nursing administration. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:E87-91 pubmed
- Murphy S. Mapping the literature of transcultural nursing. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:E143-51 pubmed..Based on this study, PubMed/MEDLINE, Social Sciences Citation Index, and CINAHL provide the best coverage. Collections supporting transcultural nursing require robust access to literature beyond nursing publications. ..
- Spasser M, Weismantel A. Mapping the literature of rehabilitation nursing. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:E137-42 pubmed
- Cohen A, Hersh W, Peterson K, Yen P. Reducing workload in systematic review preparation using automated citation classification. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2006;13:206-19 pubmed..Further work is needed to refine the classification system and determine the best manner to integrate the system into the production of systematic reviews. ..
- Whipple E. Eminence revisited. Hist Psychol. 2004;7:265-96 pubmed..However, the new list has less scholarship and more art/architecture and music. The new list yields a negative exponential function between the space a person receives in biographical sources and his or her eminence rank. ..