Experts and Doctors on psychomotor performance in Taiwan
Topic: psychomotor performance
- Yang Y, Chen I, Liao K, Huang C, Wang R. Cortical reorganization induced by body weight-supported treadmill training in patients with hemiparesis of different stroke durations. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010;91:513-8 pubmed publisher..The BWSTT results in similar improvement in motor control but different patterns of treatment-induced cortical reorganization in subjects with different poststroke durations. ..
- Gau S, Shang C. Improvement of executive functions in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: an open-label follow-up study with once-daily atomoxetine. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010;13:243-56 pubmed publisher..However, owing to lack of a placebo-controlled trial design, the findings should be interpreted with caution that changes in performance may be due to practice effects. ..
- Chuang W, Hsieh Y, Wang C, Kuo H, Huang C. Association of apolipoproteins e4 and c1 with onset age and memory: a study of sporadic Alzheimer disease in Taiwan. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 2010;23:42-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, APOC1 may partially contribute to the pathogenesis of AD, but the nature of its relationship with e4 requires further investigation. ..
- Lu C, Chu N. Effects of alcohol on myoclonus and somatosensory evoked potentials in dyssynergia cerebellaris myoclonica. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1991;54:905-8 pubmed..The peak latencies of those components were not affected by alcohol. There was thus a good correlation between the suppression of myoclonus and the decrease in giant SEP amplitude...
- Wang I, Guo B, Liu Y, Wu C, Yang C, Tsai K, et al. Autophagy activators rescue and alleviate pathogenesis of a mouse model with proteinopathies of the TAR DNA-binding protein 43. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15024-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that autophagy activation is a potentially useful route for the therapy of neurodegenerative diseases with TDP-43 proteinopathies. ..
- Ho M, Chou C, Huang C, Lin Y, Shih C, Han S, et al. Age-related changes of task-specific brain activity in normal aging. Neurosci Lett. 2012;507:78-83 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that age-related changes in task-specific brain activity for a normal aging population can be depicted using the three ERP indices. ..
- Wuang Y, Su C. Correlations of sensory processing and visual organization ability with participation in school-aged children with Down syndrome. Res Dev Disabil. 2011;32:2398-407 pubmed publisher..Interventions focused on improving body functions is needed while stressing the acquisition of functional skills that increase participation in age-appropriate activities...
- Wu C, Mok M, Chen J, Wu G, Wen Y, Lin C. Doxapram shortens recovery following sevoflurane anesthesia. Can J Anaesth. 2006;53:456-60 pubmed..We conclude that doxapram 1 mg.kg(-1) hastens early recovery from sevoflurane anesthesia, and this arousal effect correlates with higher bispectral index values. ..
- Wu C, Lin C, Wu G, Lin Y, Lee Y, Chen J, et al. Doxapram and aminophylline on bispectral index under sevoflurane anaesthesia: a comparative study. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2006;23:937-41 pubmed..Intravenous administration of doxapram 1 mg kg(-1) or aminophylline 2 mg kg(-1) hastened the early recovery from sevoflurane anaesthesia. The arousal effect of aminophylline and doxapram appears to be similar. ..
- Lee L, Chen W, Chuang Y, Wang Y. Neonatal whisker trimming causes long-lasting changes in structure and function of the somatosensory system. Exp Neurol. 2009;219:524-32 pubmed publisher..Our results have demonstrated that the early tactile deprivation, similar to early visual deprivation, perturbed the developmental program of the brain and affected later behaviors in various aspects. ..
- Wuang Y, Lin Y, Su C. Rasch analysis of the Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency-Second Edition in intellectual disabilities. Res Dev Disabil. 2009;30:1132-44 pubmed publisher..Items of higher difficulty may be supplemented to increase the range of ability levels of the people to whom these two composites can be applied with precision. ..
- Yen C, Kuan C, Sheehan J, Kung S, Wang C, Liu C, et al. Impact of bilateral anterior cingulotomy on neurocognitive function in patients with intractable pain. J Clin Neurosci. 2009;16:214-9 pubmed publisher..A decline in focused attention performance was identified at the early post-operative assessment. The results of this longitudinal evaluation will help to better define the risk-to-benefit profile of cingulotomy for intractable pain...
- Liao S, Lin S, Liu C, Hsieh M, Hwang T, Liu S, et al. Genetic variants in COMT and neurocognitive impairment in families of patients with schizophrenia. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:228-37 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the genetic variants in COMT might be involved in modulation of neurocognitive functions and hence conferring increased risk to schizophrenia. ..
- Chang Y, Tzeng S, Yu L, Huang A, Lee H, Huang C, et al. Early-life fluoxetine exposure reduced functional deficits after hypoxic-ischemia brain injury in rat pups. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;24:101-13 pubmed..These findings suggest that functional deficits after HI in the developing brain can be reduced by agents that enhance neural plasticity and neurogenesis through CREB activation. ..
- Hsu L. Conducting clinical post-conference in clinical teaching: a qualitative study. J Clin Nurs. 2007;16:1525-33 pubmed..It is an essential responsibility of nurse educators to employ postconferences to assist students in applying their knowledge in practical situations, in developing professional values and in enhancing their problem solving abilities. ..