Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pseudomonas in Japan
- Nojiri H, Nam J, Kosaka M, Morii K, Takemura T, Furihata K, et al. Diverse oxygenations catalyzed by carbazole 1,9a-dioxygenase from Pseudomonas sp. Strain CA10. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3105-13 pubmed..The diverse oxygenation catalyzed by CARDO for several aromatic compounds might reflect the differences in the binding of the substrates to the reaction center of CARDO. ..
- Hosoya Y, Okamoto S, Muramatsu H, Ochi K. Acquisition of certain streptomycin-resistant (str) mutations enhances antibiotic production in bacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1998;42:2041-7 pubmed..These results offer a rational approach for improving the production of antibiotic (secondary metabolism) from microorganisms. ..
- Chowdhury E, Higuchi K, Nagata S, Misono H. A novel NADP(+)-dependent serine dehydrogenase from Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1997;61:152-7 pubmed..The Michaelis constants for L-serine, D-serine, and NADP+ were 42, 44, and 0.029 mM, respectively. ..
- Nakamura Y, Ono M, Utsumi C, Steup M. Functional interaction between plastidial starch phosphorylase and starch branching enzymes from rice during the synthesis of branched maltodextrins. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:869-78 pubmed publisher..This close interaction might play a crucial role in the synthesis of branched MDs and the branched MDs can act as a primer for the biosynthesis of amylopectin molecules. ..
- Nagasawa T, Ishii T, Yamada H. Physiological comparison of D-cysteine desulfhydrase of Escherichia coli with 3-chloro-D-alanine dehydrochlorinase of Pseudomonas putida CR 1-1. Arch Microbiol. 1988;149:413-6 pubmed..coli W3110 delta trpED102/F' delta trpED102 did not show resistance against 3-chloro-D-alanine. Therefore, D-cysteine desulfhydrase does not contribute to 3-chloro-D-alanine detoxification in vivo. ..
- Tsuchiya K, Fukuyama S, Kanzaki N, Kanagawa K, Negoro S, Okada H. High homology between 6-aminohexanoate-cyclic-dimer hydrolases of Flavobacterium and Pseudomonas strains. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:3187-91 pubmed..The P-nylA and F-nylA genes encoded polypeptides of 493 amino acids and had only 10 base substitutions in the coding region, which caused seven amino acid substitutions...
- Cheng M, Angkawidjaja C, Koga Y, Kanaya S. Requirement of lid2 for interfacial activation of a family I.3 lipase with unique two lid structures. FEBS J. 2012;279:3727-3737 pubmed publisher..We propose that the hydrophobic surface area provided by these lids is necessary to hold the micellar substrates firmly to the active site and therefore lid2 is required for interfacial activation of PML. ..
- Hamamura N, Fukushima K, Itai T. Identification of antimony- and arsenic-oxidizing bacteria associated with antimony mine tailing. Microbes Environ. 2013;28:257-63 pubmed..These results demonstrate that indigenous microorganisms associated with Sb mine soils are capable of Sb and As oxidation, and potentially contribute to the speciation and mobility of Sb and As in situ...
- Maimbo M, Ohnishi K, Hikichi Y, Yoshioka H, Kiba A. Induction of a small heat shock protein and its functional roles in Nicotiana plants in the defense response against Ralstonia solanacearum. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1588-99 pubmed publisher..Bacterial growth and wilt symptoms elicited by RsOE1-1 were also accelerated in the silenced plants. These results indicate that this small heat shock protein might have a role in HR-independent defenses in Nicotiana plants...
- Negoro S. Biodegradation of nylon oligomers. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2000;54:461-6 pubmed..KI725 and Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1, were given the ability to degrade xenobiotic compounds. A molecular basis for the adaptation of microorganisms toward xenobiotic compounds was described. ..
- Abe T, Hashimoto Y, Hosaka H, Tomita Yokotani K, Kobayashi M. Discovery of amide (peptide) bond synthetic activity in Acyl-CoA synthetase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11312-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this unexpected enzyme activity was also observed for acetyl-CoA synthetase and firefly luciferase, indicating the generality of the new reaction in the superfamily of adenylate-forming enzymes. ..
- Shintani M, Yamane H, Nojiri H. Behavior of various hosts of the IncP-7 carbazole-degradative plasmid pCAR1 in artificial microcosms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:343-9 pubmed..pCAR1 transfers were detected only in the water microcosms inoculated with SM1443 or IAM1511 as the host. This is the first report to compare the behaviors of various hosts of the same plasmid in these microcosms. ..
- Yamamoto S, Wakayama M, Tachiki T. Cloning and expression of Pseudomonas taetrolens Y-30 gene encoding glutamine synthetase: an enzyme available for theanine production by coupled fermentation with energy transfer. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:500-7 pubmed..taetrolens Y-30. Recombinant GS had the same properties as those of unnadenylylated intrinsic GS, and formed theanine in the mixture of coupled fermentation with energy transfer. ..
- Tamura N, Murata Y, Mukaihara T. Isolation of Ralstonia solanacearum hrpB constitutive mutants and secretion analysis of hrpB-regulated gene products that share homology with known type III effectors and enzymes. Microbiology. 2005;151:2873-84 pubmed..Hpx19 is accumulated inside the cell, but interestingly, Hpx26 is secreted outside the cell as an Hrp-secreted outer protein, suggesting that Hpx19 functions intracellularly but Hpx26 is a novel effector protein of R. solanacearum. ..
- Park S, Nakai T. Bacteriophage control of Pseudomonas plecoglossicida infection in ayu Plecoglossus altivelis. Dis Aquat Organ. 2003;53:33-9 pubmed..Neither phage-resistant organisms nor phage-neutralizing antibodies were detected in diseased fish or apparently healthy fish, respectively. These results indicate the potential for phage control of the disease...
- Sawada H, Kanaya S, Tsuda M, Suzuki F, Azegami K, Saitou N. A phylogenomic study of the OCTase genes in Pseudomonas syringae pathovars: the horizontal transfer of the argK-tox cluster and the evolutionary history of OCTase genes on their genomes. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:437-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the horizontal gene transfer and the genomic rearrangement were proven to have played an important role in the pathogenic differentiation and diversification of P. syringae...
- Sawada H, Suzuki F, Matsuda I, Saitou N. Phylogenetic analysis of Pseudomonas syringae pathovars suggests the horizontal gene transfer of argK and the evolutionary stability of hrp gene cluster. J Mol Evol. 1999;49:627-44 pubmed
- Sato S, Ouchiyama N, Kimura T, Nojiri H, Yamane H, Omori T. Cloning of genes involved in carbazole degradation of Pseudomonas sp. strain CA10: nucleotide sequences of genes and characterization of meta-cleavage enzymes and hydrolase. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:4841-9 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility that CarC is a novel type of hydrolase...
- Sawada H, Takeuchi T, Matsuda I. Comparative analysis of Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae and pv. phaseolicola based on phaseolotoxin-resistant ornithine carbamoyltransferase gene (argK) and 16S-23S rRNA intergenic spacer sequences. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;63:282-8 pubmed..syringae pv. actinidiae and/or pv. phaseolicola...
- Ochi K. Comparative ribosomal protein sequence analyses of a phylogenetically defined genus, Pseudomonas, and its relatives. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1995;45:268-73 pubmed..Thus, I demonstrated the efficacy of ribosomal protein analysis in bacterial taxonomy. ..
- Nakazawa T, Kimoto M, Abe M. Cloning, sequencing, and transcriptional analysis of the recA gene of Pseudomonas cepacia. Gene. 1990;94:83-8 pubmed..An SOS box characteristic to LexA-regulated promoters, along with the -10 and -35 consensus sequences, was found in the 5' upstream region of the P. cepacia recA gene. ..
- Nakai T, Park S. Bacteriophage therapy of infectious diseases in aquaculture. Res Microbiol. 2002;153:13-8 pubmed..Here we describe the protective effects of phages against experimentally induced bacterial infections of cultured fish and discuss the potential for phage therapy in aquaculture...
- Sato S, Nam J, Kasuga K, Nojiri H, Yamane H, Omori T. Identification and characterization of genes encoding carbazole 1,9a-dioxygenase in Pseudomonas sp. strain CA10. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:4850-8 pubmed
- Miyagawa S, Kamata R, Matsumoto K, Okamura R, Maeda H. Therapeutic intervention with chicken egg white ovomacroglobulin and a new quinolone on experimental Pseudomonas keratitis. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1994;232:488-93 pubmed..05 compared with OFLX alone). The results indicate that inhibition of proteolytic activity with ovoM is useful in preventing stromal degradation in P. aeruginosa keratitis. ..
- Takeda T, Sonoyama T, Takayama S, Mita H, Yamamoto Y, Sambongi Y. Correlation between the stability and redox potential of three homologous cytochromes c from two thermophiles and one mesophile. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:366-71 pubmed..Consequently, these cytochromes c probably adapted to the cellular environments of the original bacteria with correlated stability and redox potential constraints, which are in part regulated by the hydrophobicity around the heme...
- Hosoya H, Nakamura K, Furukawa K. Promoter screening from Pseudomonas species by a promoter probe transposon and its structure. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1994;58:2096-8 pubmed..Another promoter (264 bp) (GC = 49.2%) isolated from P. fluorescens could be shortened to 154 bp by exonuclease deletion without any effect on its promoter activity in several Pseudomonas species. ..
- Yoshida S, Ohba A, Liang Y, Koitabashi M, Tsushima S. Specificity of Pseudomonas isolates on healthy and Fusarium head blight-infected spikelets of wheat heads. Microb Ecol. 2012;64:214-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Pseudomonas isolates obtained from infected spikelet tissues were highly associated with the FHB pathogen and have potential as candidates for biological control against FHB. ..
- Isobe T, Fang Y, Muno D, Okuyama T, Ohmori D, Yamakura F. Amino acid sequence of iron-superoxide dismutase from Pseudomonas ovalis. FEBS Lett. 1987;223:92-6 pubmed..The sequence information of the P. ovalis dismutase will facilitate refinement of the X-ray crystallographic data that are now available at 2.9 A resolution. ..
- Fujita M, Yoshikawa H, Ogasawara N. Structure of the dnaA region of Pseudomonas putida: conservation among three bacteria, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli and P. putida. Mol Gen Genet. 1989;215:381-7 pubmed