Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proteins in Australia
- Adams P, Aertgeerts K, Bauer C, Bell J, Berman H, Bhat T, et al. Outcome of the First wwPDB/CCDC/D3R Ligand Validation Workshop. Structure. 2016;24:502-508 pubmed publisher..Important issues addressed but not resolved at the workshop are also enumerated. ..
- Baker M, Nixon B, Naumovski N, Aitken R. Proteomic insights into the maturation and capacitation of mammalian spermatozoa. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2012;58:211-7 pubmed publisher..As a result of such advances, insights will be generated that should ultimately lead to significant improvements in our capacity to diagnose and treat the infertile male. ..
- Nixon B, Aitken R, McLaughlin E. New insights into the molecular mechanisms of sperm-egg interaction. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007;64:1805-23 pubmed..Herein, we describe two models indicating the plethora of highly orchestrated molecular interactions underlying successful sperm zona binding and sperm oocyte fusion. ..
- Nelson A, Robinson B, Mason R. Oncogenic osteomalacia: is there a new phosphate regulating hormone?. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1997;47:635-42 pubmed..These hypotheses do not fully explain all the available data and it remains possible that hormone(s) with little or no role in X-linked hypophosphataemic rickets may be responsible for oncogenic osteomalacia. ..
- Fuller M, Tucker J, Lang D, Dean C, Fietz M, Meikle P, et al. Screening patients referred to a metabolic clinic for lysosomal storage disorders. J Med Genet. 2011;48:422-5 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the sensitivity and specificity of this technology to accurately identify 99% of LSD patients, with the exception of one MPS II false negative. ..
- Prins J. Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;16:639-51 pubmed..This chapter highlights the endocrinology of adipose tissue by concentrating on functional aspects of the secreted products. The data of particular relevance to humans are highlighted, and areas in need of future research are suggested. ..
- Hocking S, Wu L, Guilhaus M, Chisholm D, James D. Intrinsic depot-specific differences in the secretome of adipose tissue, preadipocytes, and adipose tissue-derived microvascular endothelial cells. Diabetes. 2010;59:3008-16 pubmed publisher..In view of the number of angiogenic factors in the adipose tissue secretome, we propose that VAT represents a more readily expandable tissue depot. ..
- Ladewig K, Xu Z, Lu G. Layered double hydroxide nanoparticles in gene and drug delivery. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2009;6:907-22 pubmed publisher..The authors offer some remarks on how this field of research will progress in the near future and which challenges need to be overcome before LDH nanoparticles can be used in a clinical setting...
- Brown M. Non-major-histocompatibility-complex genetics of ankylosing spondylitis. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2006;20:611-21 pubmed..Nonetheless, it is appropriate for the field to be cautiously optimistic that the next few years will bring great advances in our understanding of the genetics of this condition. ..
- Gilmore K, Lampley M, Boyer C, Harth E. Matrices for combined delivery of proteins and synthetic molecules. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;98:77-85 pubmed publisher..The opportunities in these quite novel approaches for the delivery of small and biological therapeutics are remarkable and selected examples for applications in cancer and bone treatments are discussed. ..
- Boden M, Yuan Z, Bailey T. Prediction of protein continuum secondary structure with probabilistic models based on NMR solved structures. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:68 pubmed
- Ponton F, Lalubin F, Fromont C, Wilson K, Behm C, Simpson S. Hosts use altered macronutrient intake to circumvent parasite-induced reduction in fecundity. Int J Parasitol. 2011;41:43-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, in our view, the assumption that a reduction in host reproduction represents an adaptive response by the host or the parasite to divert resources away from reproduction toward other traits should be reassessed...
- Middlebrook R, Anthony K, Hoegh Guldberg O, Dove S. Heating rate and symbiont productivity are key factors determining thermal stress in the reef-building coral Acropora formosa. J Exp Biol. 2010;213:1026-34 pubmed publisher..This has important ramifications for the interpretation of chlorophyll fluorescence data such as dark adapted F(v)/F(m). ..
- Tolosa J, Schjenken J, Civiti T, Clifton V, Smith R. Column-based method to simultaneously extract DNA, RNA, and proteins from the same sample. Biotechniques. 2007;43:799-804 pubmed..This technique provides a simple and effective way to analyze protein and nucleic acids simultaneously from the same sample without affecting yield and quality. ..
- Liu S, Mata G, O Donoghue H, Masters D. The influence of live weight, live-weight change and diet on protein synthesis in the skin and skeletal muscle in young Merino sheep. Br J Nutr. 1998;79:267-74 pubmed
- Millar T, Knighton R, Chuck J. The use of biotin to demonstrate immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, and dot blots in university practical classes. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2012;40:246-53 pubmed publisher..As a result, staff can confidently transfer ownership of the task to the student so as to also develop scientific inquiry skills which promotes student motivation and engagement. ..
- Maddison J, Rickard J, Mooney E, Bernecic N, Soleilhavoup C, Tsikis G, et al. Oestrus synchronisation and superovulation alter the production and biochemical constituents of ovine cervicovaginal mucus. Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;172:114-22 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to explain fertility differences between synchronised and naturally cycling animals following cervical AI. ..
- Taft R, Glazov E, Lassmann T, Hayashizaki Y, Carninci P, Mattick J. Small RNAs derived from snoRNAs. RNA. 2009;15:1233-40 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that there is interplay between the RNA silencing and snoRNA-mediated RNA processing systems, and that sdRNAs comprise a novel and ancient class of small RNAs in eukaryotes. ..
- Burke L, Downes M, Carozzi A, Giguere V, Muscat G. Transcriptional repression by the orphan steroid receptor RVR/Rev-erb beta is dependent on the signature motif and helix 5 in the E region: functional evidence for a biological role of RVR in myogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3481-9 pubmed..In conclusion, our studies identified a potent transcriptional repression domain in RVR, characterized critical amino acids within the silencing region and provide evidence for the physiological role of RVR during myogenesis. ..
- Hungerford N, McKinney A, Stenhouse A, McLeod M. Selective manipulation of steroid hydroxyl groups with boronate esters: Efficient access to antigenic C-3 linked steroid-protein conjugates and steroid sulfate standards for drug detection. Org Biomol Chem. 2006;4:3951-9 pubmed..The synthesis of steroids sulfate conjugates 42 and 44 for use as reference standards is also reported. ..
- Hsu W, Pang C, Sheetal J, Wilkins M. Protein-protein interactions and disease: use of S. cerevisiae as a model system. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1774:838-47 pubmed..This will help researchers experimentally test the impact of mutations on protein-protein interactions in S. cerevisiae and, by homology, explore the role of such mutations in the genesis of human disease. ..
- Burcham P, Pyke S. Hydralazine inhibits rapid acrolein-induced protein oligomerization: role of aldehyde scavenging and adduct trapping in cross-link blocking and cytoprotection. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:1056-65 pubmed..Adduct-trapping closely accompanied the inhibition of cross-linking by hydralazine. These findings suggest that cross-link blocking may contribute to hydralazine cytoprotection. ..
- Hamann M, Limpus C, Whittier J. Patterns of lipid storage and mobilisation in the female green sea turtle ( Chelonia mydas). J Comp Physiol B. 2002;172:485-93 pubmed
- Rashid M, Newton M, Hoque M, Shatabda S, Pham D, Sattar A. Spiral search: a hydrophobic-core directed local search for simplified PSP on 3D FCC lattice. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 2:S16 pubmed publisher..The experimental results show that our spiral search algorithm outperforms the state-of-the-art local search algorithms for simplified protein structure prediction. We also experimentally show the effectiveness of the relay-restart. ..
- Willadsen K, Cao M, Wiles J, Balasubramanian S, Boden M. Repeat-encoded poly-Q tracts show statistical commonalities across species. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:76 pubmed publisher..Future discoveries of new non-human repeat associated defects may provide the breadth of information needed to unravel the mechanisms that underpin this class of human disease. ..
- Bauer D, Boden M, Thier R, Gillam E. STAR: predicting recombination sites from amino acid sequence. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:437 pubmed..89). STAR allows the user to explore useful recombination sites in amino acid sequences with unknown structure and unknown evolutionary origin. The predictor service is available from http://pprowler.itee.uq.edu.au/star. ..
- Gunasekera S, Daly N, Anderson M, Craik D. Chemical synthesis and biosynthesis of the cyclotide family of circular proteins. IUBMB Life. 2006;58:515-24 pubmed..In this review the current chemical, recombinant and biosynthetic routes to the production of cyclotides are discussed. ..
- Pedro M, Vilcaes A, Gomez G, Daniotti J. Individual S-acylated cysteines differentially contribute to H-Ras endomembrane trafficking and acylation/deacylation cycles. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:962-974 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that individual S-acylation sites provide singular information about H-Ras subcellular distribution that is required for GTPase signaling. ..
- Nguyen Khuong T, Fitzgerald A, Zhao Z, Willcox M, Walsh B. Improvements for the visualization of low-molecular weight protein and peptides of human tears using MALDI. Proteomics. 2008;8:3424-32 pubmed publisher..049) more peaks in tears than other methods used to prepare tears prior to MALDI-TOF MS. This study has established a technique for optimizing the visualization of naturally occurring peptides in tears...
- Brennan D, Hackethal A, Metcalf A, Coward J, Ferguson K, Oehler M, et al. Serum HE4 as a prognostic marker in endometrial cancer--a population based study. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:159-65 pubmed publisher..In particular they highlight the utility of HE4 for pre-operative risk stratification to identify high-risk patients within low-grade endometrioid endometrial cancer patients who might benefit from lymphadenectomy. ..
- Foletta V, Brown E, Cho Y, Snow R, Kralli A, Russell A. Ndrg2 is a PGC-1?/ERR? target gene that controls protein synthesis and expression of contractile-type genes in C2C12 myotubes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3112-3123 pubmed publisher..This study shows that in C2C12 myotubes Ndrg2 is a novel PGC-1?/ERR? transcriptional target, which influences protein turnover and the regulation of genes involved in muscle contraction and function. ..
- Foletta V, Prior M, Stupka N, Carey K, Segal D, Jones S, et al. NDRG2, a novel regulator of myoblast proliferation, is regulated by anabolic and catabolic factors. J Physiol. 2009;587:1619-34 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that NDRG2 expression is highly responsive to different stress conditions in skeletal muscle and suggest that the level of NDRG2 expression may be critical to myoblast growth and differentiation. ..
- Evans F, Raftery M, Egan S, Kjelleberg S. Profiling the secretome of the marine bacterium Pseudoalteromonas tunicata using amine-specific isobaric tagging (iTRAQ). J Proteome Res. 2007;6:967-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that this secretion pathway has a role in iron transport and acquisition in P. tunicata...
- Rizos H, Darmanian A, Mann G, Kefford R. Two arginine rich domains in the p14ARF tumour suppressor mediate nucleolar localization. Oncogene. 2000;19:2978-85 pubmed..The INK4a/ARF exon2-mutations could affect the function of both the p16INK4a and p14ARF tumour suppressors. Oncogene (2000). ..
- Briggs L, Johnstone R, Elliot R, Xiao C, Dawson M, Trapani J, et al. Novel properties of the protein kinase CK2-site-regulated nuclear- localization sequence of the interferon-induced nuclear factor IFI 16. Biochem J. 2001;353:69-77 pubmed
- Grech A, Quinn R, Srinivasan D, Badoux X, Brink R. Complete structural characterisation of the mammalian and Drosophila TRAF genes: implications for TRAF evolution and the role of RING finger splice variants. Mol Immunol. 2000;37:721-34 pubmed..We also report that the sequence of murine C57BL/6 TRAF4 differs significantly from the published murine TRAF4 sequence, but appears to represent the actual TRAF4 sequence expressed in many mouse strains. ..
- Hemsley K, Hopwood J. Delivery of recombinant proteins via the cerebrospinal fluid as a therapy option for neurodegenerative lysosomal storage diseases. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;47 Suppl 1:S118-23 pubmed..This review summarizes some of the findings and challenges ahead. ..
- McCluskey M, Schiavello T, Hunter M, Hantke J, Angelicheva D, Bogdanova N, et al. Mutation detection in the duplicated region of the polycystic kidney disease 1 (PKD1) gene in PKD1-linked Australian families. Hum Mutat. 2002;19:240-50 pubmed..Three of the nine novel polymorphisms were missense mutations with a predicted effect on protein conformation, emphasizing the problems of interpretation in PKD1 mutation screening. ..
- Brown L, Yin J, Hambly B. Direct cloning of polymerase chain reaction products into the pinpoint Xa1-T vector protein expression system. Electrophoresis. 1998;19:860-6 pubmed..The Pinpoint vector proved to be a relatively simple and fast protein expression technique suitable for wide application for expressing recombinant proteins. ..
- Huang K, Filarsky M, Padula M, Raftery M, Herbert B, Wilkins M. Micropreparative fractionation of the complexome by blue native continuous elution electrophoresis. Proteomics. 2009;9:2494-502 pubmed publisher..We illustrate the utility of the technique in the analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cellular lysate. ..
- Periasamy A, Shadiac N, Amalraj A, Garajová S, Nagarajan Y, Waters S, et al. Cell-free protein synthesis of membrane (1,3)-?-d-glucan (curdlan) synthase: co-translational insertion in liposomes and reconstitution in nanodiscs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:743-57 pubmed publisher..coli lipids to be catalytically competent. Conversely, CrdS synthesised with only Brij-58 was inactive. Our findings pave the way for future structural studies of this industrially important catalytic membrane protein. ..
- Wong E, Morgenstern D, Mofiz E, Gombert S, Morris K, Temple Smith P, et al. Proteomics and deep sequencing comparison of seasonally active venom glands in the platypus reveals novel venom peptides and distinct expression profiles. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1354-64 pubmed publisher..These novel venom proteins have potential biomedical and therapeutic applications and provide insights into venom evolution...
- Su X, Man B, Beeren S, Liang H, Simonsen S, Schmitz C, et al. A dipicolinic acid tag for rigid lanthanide tagging of proteins and paramagnetic NMR spectroscopy. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:10486-7 pubmed publisher..The close proximity of the lanthanide ion promotes accurate determinations of magnetic susceptibility anisotropy tensors. In addition, the small size of the tag makes it highly suitable for studies of intermolecular interactions...
- Zulfakar S, White J, Ross T, Tamplin M. Bacterial attachment to immobilized extracellular matrix proteins in vitro. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;157:210-7 pubmed publisher..905, p<0.05). This study demonstrated that attachment properties to ECM proteins displayed distinct variation among strains, that temperature highly influenced attachment and that protein concentration had a minor effect. ..
- Dutton Regester K, Aoude L, Nancarrow D, Stark M, O Connor L, Lanagan C, et al. Identification of TFG (TRK-fused gene) as a putative metastatic melanoma tumor suppressor gene. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:452-61 pubmed publisher..Mutations in TFG may have important clinical relevance for current therapeutic strategies to treat metastatic melanoma. ..
- Bryson J, Phuyal J, Proctor D, Blair S, Caterson I, Cooney G. Plasma insulin rise precedes rise in ob mRNA expression and plasma leptin in gold thioglucose-obese mice. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:E358-64 pubmed..Changes in hormonal and nutritional status may modify this relationship. ..
- Holmgreen S, Huang D, Adams J, Cory S. Survival activity of Bcl-2 homologs Bcl-w and A1 only partially correlates with their ability to bind pro-apoptotic family members. Cell Death Differ. 1999;6:525-32 pubmed..The results may reflect critical threshold affinities but also suggest that certain pro-apoptotic proteins may also contribute to apoptosis by a mechanism independent of binding pro-survival proteins. ..
- Camus A, Davidson B, Billiards S, Khoo P, Rivera Pérez J, Wakamiya M, et al. The morphogenetic role of midline mesendoderm and ectoderm in the development of the forebrain and the midbrain of the mouse embryo. Development. 2000;127:1799-813 pubmed..The maintenance and function of the rostral AML therefore require inductive signals emanating from the caudal AML. Our results point to a role for AML in the refinement of the anteroposterior patterning and morphogenesis of the brain. ..
- Coulson M, Robert S, Eyre H, Saint R. The identification and localization of a human gene with sequence similarity to Polycomblike of Drosophila melanogaster. Genomics. 1998;48:381-3 pubmed..PHF1 was mapped to 6p21.3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. While several genetic diseases that are likely to result from developmental abnormalities map to this region, PHF1 is not a clear candidate gene for any of them. ..
- Delhanty P, Mesotten D, McDougall F, Baxter R. Growth hormone rapidly induces resistin gene expression in white adipose tissue of spontaneous dwarf (SDR) rats. Endocrinology. 2002;143:2445-8 pubmed..Our data demonstrate an unexpected marked, rapid and sustained up-regulation of resistin by GH. This may indicate a role for resistin in GH-dependent metabolic and differentiative effects in WAT. ..
- Wong C, Tellam R. MicroRNA-26a targets the histone methyltransferase Enhancer of Zeste homolog 2 during myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9836-43 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a model of regulation during myogenesis whereby the up-regulation of miR-26a acts to post-transcriptionally repress Ezh2, a known suppressor of skeletal muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Hui J, Hodge A, Farrell G, Kench J, Kriketos A, George J. Beyond insulin resistance in NASH: TNF-alpha or adiponectin?. Hepatology. 2004;40:46-54 pubmed..Reduced adiponectin level is associated with more extensive necroinflammation and may contribute to the development of necroinflammatory forms of NAFLD. ..
- Flesch I. Inducible costimulator-ligand (ICOS-L). J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2002;16:217-9 pubmed
- Naylor D, Hoogenraad N, Høj P. Characterisation of several Hsp70 interacting proteins from mammalian organelles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1431:443-50 pubmed
- Parsons Y, Fleet M, Cooper D. Isolation of the ovine agouti coding sequence. Pigment Cell Res. 1999;12:394-7 pubmed
- Wicking C, Smyth I, Bale A. The hedgehog signalling pathway in tumorigenesis and development. Oncogene. 1999;18:7844-51 pubmed
- Lovicu F, Kolle G, Yamada T, Little M, McAvoy J. Expression of Crim1 during murine ocular development. Mech Dev. 2000;94:261-5 pubmed..Thus, strong expression of Crim1 is a distinctive feature of the lens during morphogenesis and postnatal growth. ..
- Yin J, McLachlan C, Chaufour X, McGuire M, White G, Turner V, et al. Growth arrest-specific gene 6 expression in proliferating rabbit vascular smooth muscle cells in vitro and in vivo. Electrophoresis. 2000;21:3851-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for the Gas-6 regulatory system in VSMC proliferation, which may be a target for therapeutic interventions in the atherosclerotic process and restenosis after angioplasty...
- Curlewis J, Tam S, Lau P, Kusters D, Barclay J, Anderson S, et al. A prostaglandin f(2alpha) analog induces suppressors of cytokine signaling-3 expression in the corpus luteum of the pregnant rat: a potential new mechanism in luteolysis. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3984-93 pubmed..Therefore, induction of SOCS-3 by PGF(2alpha) may be an important element in the initiation of luteolysis via rapid suppression of luteotropic support from PL. ..
- Redgrove K, Anderson A, Dun M, McLaughlin E, O Bryan M, Aitken R, et al. Involvement of multimeric protein complexes in mediating the capacitation-dependent binding of human spermatozoa to homologous zonae pellucidae. Dev Biol. 2011;356:460-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, the strategies employed in this study have provided novel, causal insights into the molecular mechanisms that govern sperm-egg interaction. ..
- Gracanin M, Davies M. Inhibition of protein tyrosine phosphatases by amino acid, peptide, and protein hydroperoxides: potential modulation of cell signaling by protein oxidation products. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;42:1543-51 pubmed..This inhibition of PTPs, by oxidized proteins containing hydroperoxide groups, may contribute to cellular dysfunction and altered redox signaling in systems subject to oxidative stress. ..
- Lam M, Pattison D, Bottle S, Keddie D, Davies M. Nitric oxide and nitroxides can act as efficient scavengers of protein-derived free radicals. Chem Res Toxicol. 2008;21:2111-9 pubmed publisher..These reactions show little dependence on nitroxide structure or charge...
- Ivell R, Anand Ivell R. Biology of insulin-like factor 3 in human reproduction. Hum Reprod Update. 2009;15:463-76 pubmed publisher..INSL3 declines consistently with age in adult men. CONCLUSIONS INSL3 promises to become an important new diagnostic tool to characterize those men with late-onset hypogonadism and to add clinical diagnostic value at amniocentesis. ..
- Iacopetta B, Grieu F, Li W, Ruszkiewicz A, Caruso M, Moore J, et al. APC gene methylation is inversely correlated with features of the CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:2272-8 pubmed..003) and with lower concentrations of methyl group carriers (p < 0.05). These findings highlight the importance of gene selection in studies that aim to characterize the biological features and clinical behaviour of CIMP+ tumours. ..
- Sturm R, O Sullivan B, Box N, Smith A, Smit S, Puttick E, et al. Chromosomal structure of the human TYRP1 and TYRP2 loci and comparison of the tyrosinase-related protein gene family. Genomics. 1995;29:24-34 pubmed..The evidence also suggests that at least some of the introns within the TYR, TYRP1, and TYRP2 coding regions were gained after duplication and that intron slippage is unlikely to have occurred. ..
- Almeida O, Schwab S, Lautenschlager N, Morar B, Greenop K, Flicker L, et al. KIBRA genetic polymorphism influences episodic memory in later life, but does not increase the risk of mild cognitive impairment. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:1672-6 pubmed publisher..Future studies should aim to clarify the long term implications of this polymorphism on cognitive function and to identify other genes involved in the modulation of memory that might confer greater risk of MCI in later life. ..
- Craik D, Daly N. NMR as a tool for elucidating the structures of circular and knotted proteins. Mol Biosyst. 2007;3:257-65 pubmed..In this review the role of NMR in defining the structures of cyclotides is described. ..
- Chapman Smith A, Cronan J. In vivo enzymatic protein biotinylation. Biomol Eng. 1999;16:119-25 pubmed..We discuss the mechanism and structures involved in this extraordinarily specific protein modification and its exploitation in tagging recombinant proteins. ..
- Blower D, Hereward J, Ovenden J. The complete mitochondrial genome of the dusky shark Carcharhinus obscurus. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:619-21 pubmed publisher..This genome is the first for the speciose Carcharhinus genus and provides a valuable resource for studies of shark molecular systematics, phylogeography, conservation genetics, and stock structure...
- Liuwantara D, Elliot M, Smith M, Yam A, Walters S, Marino E, et al. Nuclear factor-kappaB regulates beta-cell death: a critical role for A20 in beta-cell protection. Diabetes. 2006;55:2491-501 pubmed..These data demonstrate that A20 is the cardinal antiapoptotic gene in beta-cells. Further, A20 expression is NF-kappaB dependent, thus linking islet proinflammatory gene responses with protection from apoptosis. ..
- Coulthard M, Lickliter J, Subanesan N, Chen K, Webb G, Lowry A, et al. Characterization of the Epha1 receptor tyrosine kinase: expression in epithelial tissues. Growth Factors. 2001;18:303-17 pubmed..mEphA1 was expressed in epithelial elements of skin, adult thymus, kidney and adrenal cortex. Taken together with previous Northern blotting data these results suggest that mEphA1 is expressed widely in differentiated epithelial cells. ..
- Xia P, Wang L, Moretti P, Albanese N, Chai F, Pitson S, et al. Sphingosine kinase interacts with TRAF2 and dissects tumor necrosis factor-alpha signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7996-8003 pubmed..These findings show a role for SphK in the signal transduction by TRAF2 specifically leading to activation of NF-kappa B and antiapoptosis. ..
- Su X, Huber T, Dixon N, Otting G. Site-specific labelling of proteins with a rigid lanthanide-binding tag. Chembiochem. 2006;7:1599-604 pubmed
- Downes M, Burke L, Bailey P, Muscat G. Two receptor interaction domains in the corepressor, N-CoR/RIP13, are required for an efficient interaction with Rev-erbA alpha and RVR: physical association is dependent on the E region of the orphan receptors. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4379-86 pubmed
- Ivell R, Hartung S, Anand Ivell R. Insulin-like factor 3: where are we now?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1041:486-96 pubmed..It is also an indicator of differentiation status not only for Leydig cells but also for the theca interna cells of the ovary. ..
- Fung K, Cursaro C, Lewanowitsch T, Cosgrove L, Hoffmann P. A combined free flow electrophoresis and DIGE approach to compare proteins in complex biological samples. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;869:135-46 pubmed publisher..Here we describe an approach combining fluorescent CyDye technology (DIGE) with FFE to simultaneously separate and identify differentially expressed proteins in a model cell system. ..
- Kavanagh S, Schulz T, Davey P, Claudianos C, Russell C, Rathjen P. A family of RS domain proteins with novel subcellular localization and trafficking. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:1309-22 pubmed..Integration of Psc1 into cytospeckles was dependent on the RRM. Cytospeckles were dynamic within the cytoplasm and appeared to traffic into the nucleus. These observations suggest a novel role in RNA metabolism for ARRS proteins...
- Warner J, Epstein M, Sweet A, Singh D, Burgess J, Stranks S, et al. Genetic testing in familial isolated hyperparathyroidism: unexpected results and their implications. J Med Genet. 2004;41:155-60 pubmed..Also apparent is the need for further investigation to identify additional genes associated with FIHP. ..
- Poulton L, Smyth M, Hawke C, Silveira P, Shepherd D, Naidenko O, et al. Cytometric and functional analyses of NK and NKT cell deficiencies in NOD mice. Int Immunol. 2001;13:887-96 pubmed..As both NK and NKT cells play roles in regulating immune responses, we postulate that the synergistic defects reported here contribute to the susceptibility of NOD mice to autoimmune disease. ..
- Lonie A, D ANDREA R, Paro R, Saint R. Molecular characterisation of the Polycomblike gene of Drosophila melanogaster, a trans-acting negative regulator of homeotic gene expression. Development. 1994;120:2629-36 pubmed..These data add further support for a model in which Polycomb Group proteins form multimeric protein complexes at specific chromosomal loci to repress transcription at those loci. ..
- Hunter M, Angelicheva D, Tournev I, Ingley E, Chan D, Watts G, et al. NDRG1 interacts with APO A-I and A-II and is a functional candidate for the HDL-C QTL on 8q24. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:982-92 pubmed
- Heng K, Anand Ivell R, Teerds K, Ivell R. The endocrine disruptors dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and diethylstilbestrol (DES) influence Leydig cell regeneration following ethane dimethane sulphonate treatment of adult male rats. Int J Androl. 2012;35:353-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both DBP and DES are able to affect adult-type Leydig cells during their differentiation to cause a significant perturbation in their ultimate functional capacity. ..
- Fernandez M, Broadbent J, Shooter G, Malda J, Upton Z. Development of an enhanced proteomic method to detect prognostic and diagnostic markers of healing in chronic wound fluid. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:281-90 pubmed..This will facilitate the identification of biomarkers in samples collected from patients with ulcers and lead to improved patient therapies and wound care approaches. ..
- Chen L, Willis S, Wei A, Smith B, Fletcher J, Hinds M, et al. Differential targeting of prosurvival Bcl-2 proteins by their BH3-only ligands allows complementary apoptotic function. Mol Cell. 2005;17:393-403 pubmed..The results suggest that apoptosis relies on selective interactions between particular subsets of these proteins and that it should be feasible to discover BH3-mimetic drugs that inactivate specific prosurvival targets. ..