Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Switzerland
Topic: protein transport
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Bauer J, Hiltbrunner A, Weibel P, Vidi P, Alvarez Huerta M, Smith M, et al. Essential role of the G-domain in targeting of the protein import receptor atToc159 to the chloroplast outer membrane. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:845-54 pubmed..Thus, the function of atToc159 in chloroplast biogenesis is dependent on an intrinsic GTP-regulated switch that controls localization of the receptor to the chloroplast envelope. ..
- Armbruster K, Luschnig S. The Drosophila Sec7 domain guanine nucleotide exchange factor protein Gartenzwerg localizes at the cis-Golgi and is essential for epithelial tube expansion. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1318-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, garz might regulate epithelial tube morphogenesis and secretion by controlling the rate of trafficking of COPI vesicles. ..
- Agne B, Kessler F. Protein transport in organelles: The Toc complex way of preprotein import. FEBS J. 2009;276:1156-65 pubmed publisher..This minireview describes the components of the Toc complex and their function during the initial steps of preprotein translocation across the chloroplast envelope. ..
- Rothenberger S, Rousseaux M, Knecht H, Bender F, Legler D, Bron C. Association of the Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 with lipid rafts is mediated through its N-terminal region. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002;59:171-80 pubmed..Moreover, Ndelta25 inhibited WT LMP1-mediated induction of the transcription factors NF-kappaB and AP-1. Morphological data indicate that Ndelta25 hampers WT LMP1 plasma membrane localization, thus blocking LMP1 function. ..
- Toulmay A, Schneiter R. Lipid-dependent surface transport of the proton pumping ATPase: a model to study plasma membrane biogenesis in yeast. Biochimie. 2007;89:249-54 pubmed..The resulting protein-lipid complex is then transported and sorted as an entity to the plasma membrane. Failure to successfully assemble this lipid-protein complex results in mistargeting of the protein to the vacuole. ..
- Labrador V, Brun C, Konig S, Roatti A, Baertschi A. Peptidyl-glycine alpha-amidating monooxygenase targeting and shaping of atrial secretory vesicles: inhibition by mutated N-terminal ProANP and PBA. Circ Res. 2004;95:e98-109 pubmed..Conversely, PAM-1 participates in shaping the proANP-secretory vesicles. The full text of this article is available online at http://circres.ahajournals.org. ..
- Mundwiler Pachlatko E, Beck H. Maurer's clefts, the enigma of Plasmodium falciparum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19987-94 pubmed publisher..falciparum, might lead to innovative control strategies and might give us a handle with which to help to eliminate this deadly parasite. ..
- Kim C, Apel K. Substrate-dependent and organ-specific chloroplast protein import in planta. Plant Cell. 2004;16:88-98 pubmed
- Foerg C, Ziegler U, Fernandez Carneado J, Giralt E, Rennert R, Beck Sickinger A, et al. Decoding the entry of two novel cell-penetrating peptides in HeLa cells: lipid raft-mediated endocytosis and endosomal escape. Biochemistry. 2005;44:72-81 pubmed..The results bear potential for CPP as tools for intracellular drug delivery. ..
- Vihanto M, Vindis C, Djonov V, Cerretti D, Huynh Do U. Caveolin-1 is required for signaling and membrane targeting of EphB1 receptor tyrosine kinase. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2299-309 pubmed..Taken together, our findings establish caveolin-1 as an important regulator of downstream signaling and membrane targeting of EphB1. ..
- Methot N, Basler K. Suppressor of fused opposes hedgehog signal transduction by impeding nuclear accumulation of the activator form of Cubitus interruptus. Development. 2000;127:4001-10 pubmed..We propose that Hh induces target gene expression by a two-step mechanism in which Ci[act] is first formed and then accumulates in the nucleus via Fu-induced neutralization of Su(fu) activity. ..
- Heinlein M, Epel B. Macromolecular transport and signaling through plasmodesmata. Int Rev Cytol. 2004;235:93-164 pubmed..These viral proteins thus represent excellent experimental keys for exploring the mechanisms involved in intercellular trafficking and communication via Pd. ..
- Emmerth S, Schober H, Gaidatzis D, Roloff T, Jacobeit K, Buhler M. Nuclear retention of fission yeast dicer is a prerequisite for RNAi-mediated heterochromatin assembly. Dev Cell. 2010;18:102-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Dicer proteins are shuttling proteins and that the steady-state subcellular levels can be shifted toward either compartment. ..
- Berger P, Ballmer Hofer K. The reception and the party after: how vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 explores cytoplasmic space. Swiss Med Wkly. 2011;141:w13318 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how the biological consequences of aberrant receptor trafficking bear on the development of vascular disease. ..
- Octobre G, Lorenz A, Loidl J, Kohli J. The Rad52 homologs Rad22 and Rti1 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe are not essential for meiotic interhomolog recombination, but are required for meiotic intrachromosomal recombination and mating-type-related DNA repair. Genetics. 2008;178:2399-412 pubmed publisher..pombe meiosis is repair of double-strand breaks with involvement of the sister chromatids. In addition, a novel mating-type-related repair function of Rad22 specific to meiosis and spore germination is described. ..
- Andres C, Agne B, Kessler F. The TOC complex: preprotein gateway to the chloroplast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:715-23 pubmed publisher..In this review we will describe the current state of knowledge regarding the composition and function of the TOC complex. ..
- Thyagarajan K, Afshar K, GONCZY P. Polarity mediates asymmetric trafficking of the Gbeta heterotrimeric G-protein subunit GPB-1 in C. elegans embryos. Development. 2011;138:2773-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results lead us to propose that modulation of G? trafficking plays a crucial role during the asymmetric division of one-cell stage C. elegans embryos. ..
- Marone R, Erhart D, Mertz A, Bohnacker T, Schnell C, Cmiljanovic V, et al. Targeting melanoma with dual phosphoinositide 3-kinase/mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:601-13 pubmed publisher..Based on the above results, NVP-BEZ235, which has entered phase I/II clinical trials in patients with advanced solid tumors, has a potential in metastatic melanoma therapy. ..
- Crameri R, Kundig T, Akdis C. Modular antigen-translocation as a novel vaccine strategy for allergen-specific immunotherapy. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;9:568-73 pubmed publisher..The area of allergen-SIT is experiencing exciting developments. Reciprocal regulation of effector and regulatory T cell subsets is being more and more used to develop novel strategies for immunomodulation. ..
- Gademann K. Controlling protein transport by small molecules. Curr Drug Targets. 2011;12:1574-80 pubmed..Consequences for the design of nuclear export inhibitors are discussed, and the potential of these compounds as anticancer agents is evaluated. ..
- Crefcoeur R, Yin R, Ulm R, Halazonetis T. Ultraviolet-B-mediated induction of protein-protein interactions in mammalian cells. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1779 pubmed publisher..As UVR8 photoperception is based on intrinsic tryptophan residues, these interactions do not depend on the addition of an exogenous chromophore. ..
- Wang Y, Secco D, Poirier Y. Characterization of the PHO1 gene family and the responses to phosphate deficiency of Physcomitrella patens. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:646-56 pubmed publisher..patens and higher plants share some common strategies to adapt to Pi deficiency, although morphological changes are distinct, and that the PHO1 proteins are well conserved in bryophyte despite the lack of a developed vascular system...
- Simmen T, Honing S, Icking A, Tikkanen R, Hunziker W. AP-4 binds basolateral signals and participates in basolateral sorting in epithelial MDCK cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:154-9 pubmed..Furthermore, in MDCK cells with depleted mu 4 protein levels, several basolateral proteins are mis-sorted to the apical surface, showing that AP-4 participates in basolateral sorting in epithelial cells. ..
- Ozcelik M, Cotter L, Jacob C, Pereira J, Relvas J, Suter U, et al. Pals1 is a major regulator of the epithelial-like polarization and the extension of the myelin sheath in peripheral nerves. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4120-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that regulation of epithelial-like polarization is a critical determinant of myelin sheath structure and function. ..
- Trotman L, Achermann D, Keller S, Straub M, Greber U. Non-classical export of an adenovirus structural protein. Traffic. 2003;4:390-402 pubmed..Interestingly, the coexpression of Pb and fiber leads to both Pb and fiber export, termed 'protein abduction'. We suggest that fiber abduction might support viral dissemination in infected tissues by interfering with tissue integrity. ..
- Hergovich A, Lamla S, Nigg E, Hemmings B. Centrosome-associated NDR kinase regulates centrosome duplication. Mol Cell. 2007;25:625-34 pubmed..Overall, considering that centrosome overduplication is linked to cellular transformation, our observations may also provide a molecular link between mammalian NDR kinases and cancer. ..
- AbdAlla S, Langer A, Fu X, Quitterer U. ACE inhibition with captopril retards the development of signs of neurodegeneration in an animal model of Alzheimer's disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16917-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data present strong evidence that ACE inhibition with a widely used cardiovascular drug could interfere with Abeta-dependent neurodegeneration. ..
- Di Sansebastiano G, Paris N, Marc Martin S, Neuhaus J. Regeneration of a lytic central vacuole and of neutral peripheral vacuoles can be visualized by green fluorescent proteins targeted to either type of vacuoles. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:78-86 pubmed..Only later, once the regeneration of the CV was completed, the content of peripheral storage vacuoles could be seen to appear in the CV of a third of the cells, apparently by heterotypic fusion. ..
- Mani O, Sorensen M, Sejrsen K, Bruckmaier R, Albrecht C. Differential expression and localization of lipid transporters in the bovine mammary gland during the pregnancy-lactation cycle. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:3744-56 pubmed publisher..Regulation of lipid transporters in the mammary gland is partially associated with transcription factors that control lipid homeostasis. ..
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Thome M, Gaide O, Micheau O, Martinon F, Bonnet D, Gonzalez M, et al. Equine herpesvirus protein E10 induces membrane recruitment and phosphorylation of its cellular homologue, bcl-10. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1115-22 pubmed
- Rossy J, Gutjahr M, Blaser N, Schlicht D, Niggli V. Ezrin/moesin in motile Walker 256 carcinosarcoma cells: signal-dependent relocalization and role in migration. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1106-20 pubmed..Activation of protein kinase C in contrast suppressed phosphorylation of ezrin and moesin. Inhibition of ezrin phosphorylation prevented its membrane association. ..
- Wagner S, Stenta M, Metzger L, Dal Peraro M, Cornelis G. Length control of the injectisome needle requires only one molecule of Yop secretion protein P (YscP). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13860-5 pubmed publisher..The experimental data are compatible with the single ruler model and not with the scenarios involving more than one ruler per needle. ..
- Bauer M, Chicca A, Tamborrini M, Eisen D, Lerner R, Lutz B, et al. Identification and quantification of a new family of peptide endocannabinoids (Pepcans) showing negative allosteric modulation at CB1 receptors. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36944-67 pubmed publisher..Pepcans are the first endogenous allosteric modulators identified for CB(1) receptors. Given their abundance in the brain, Pepcans could play an important physiological role in modulating endocannabinoid signaling...
- Cosio C, Dunand C. Transcriptome analysis of various flower and silique development stages indicates a set of class III peroxidase genes potentially involved in pod shattering in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:528 pubmed publisher..The approach used in this study highlights key individual genes that merit further investigation. ..
- Krapp C, Hotter D, Gawanbacht A, McLaren P, Kluge S, StÃ¼rzel C, et al. Guanylate Binding Protein (GBP) 5 Is an Interferon-Inducible Inhibitor of HIV-1 Infectivity. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:504-14 pubmed publisher..Our results identify GBP5 as an antiviral effector of the IFN response and may explain the increased frequency of defective vpu genes in primary HIV-1 strains. ..
- Guipponi M, Vuagniaux G, Wattenhofer M, Shibuya K, Vazquez M, Dougherty L, et al. The transmembrane serine protease (TMPRSS3) mutated in deafness DFNB8/10 activates the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) in vitro. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2829-36 pubmed
- Hermann P, Dobbelaere D. Theileria-induced constitutive IKK activation is independent of functional Hsp90. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5023-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that parasite-induced IKK activity does not require functional Hsp90. ..
- Abankwa D, Vogel H. A FRET map of membrane anchors suggests distinct microdomains of heterotrimeric G proteins. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2953-62 pubmed
- Yang J, Rüdiger J, Hughes J, Goulet S, Gencay Cornelson M, Borger P, et al. Cell density and serum exposure modify the function of the glucocorticoid receptor C/EBP complex. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:414-22 pubmed..Our results indicate that cell density and serum exposure alter the localization and function of the GR. ..
- Bieniossek C, Niederhauser B, Baumann U. The crystal structure of apo-FtsH reveals domain movements necessary for substrate unfolding and translocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:21579-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that mutation of a conserved glycine in the linker region inactivates FtsH. ..
- Cereghetti G, Costa V, Scorrano L. Inhibition of Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation and apoptosis by a polypeptide antagonist of calcineurin. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1785-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, PPD1 is a novel inhibitor of apoptosis that elucidates the function of calcineurin-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation in the amplification of cell death. ..
- Su Q, Schild C, Schumann P, Boschetti A. Varying competence for protein import into chloroplasts during the cell cycle in Chlamydomonas. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2315-21 pubmed
- Cornelis G. Yersinia type III secretion: send in the effectors. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:401-8 pubmed..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of this system has provided insight into the processes of phagocytosis and inflammation...
- Chicca A, Raduner S, Pellati F, Strompen T, Altmann K, Schoop R, et al. Synergistic immunomopharmacological effects of N-alkylamides in Echinacea purpurea herbal extracts. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:850-8 pubmed publisher..We show that N-alkylamides act in concert and exert pleiotropic effects modulating the endocannabinoid system by simultaneously targeting the CB2 receptor, endocannabinoid transport and degradation. ..
- Eloranta J, Hiller C, Jüttner M, Kullak Ublick G. The SLCO1A2 gene, encoding human organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1A2, is transactivated by the vitamin D receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:37-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pharmacological administration of vitamin D(3) may allow modulation of intestinal absorption of OATP1A2 transport substrates. ..
- Schaeuble K, Hauser M, Rippl A, Bruderer R, Otero C, Groettrup M, et al. Ubiquitylation of the chemokine receptor CCR7 enables efficient receptor recycling and cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4463-74 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a novel function of receptor ubiquitylation in the regulation of CCR7 recycling and immune cell migration. ..
- Pedrazzi G, Perrera C, Blaser H, Kuster P, Marra G, Davies S, et al. Direct association of Bloom's syndrome gene product with the human mismatch repair protein MLH1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:4378-86 pubmed..We conclude that the hMLH1-BLM interaction is not essential for post-replicative MMR, but, more likely, is required for some aspect of genetic recombination. ..
- Hsieh H, Schafer B, Cox J, Heizmann C. S100A13 and S100A6 exhibit distinct translocation pathways in endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3149-58 pubmed..These experiments suggest that different S100 proteins utilize distinct translocation pathways, which might lead them to certain subcellular compartments in order to perform their physiological tasks in the same cellular environment. ..
- Shimada K, Gasser S. The origin recognition complex functions in sister-chromatid cohesion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 2007;128:85-99 pubmed..We conclude that ORC mediates sister-chromatid interaction on a pathway that is additive with Cohesin-mediated pairing...
- Peters C, Baars T, Buhler S, Mayer A. Mutual control of membrane fission and fusion proteins. Cell. 2004;119:667-78 pubmed..We propose that reciprocal control between fusion and fission components exists, which may prevent futile cycles of fission and fusion. ..
- Mercanti V, Charette S, Bennett N, Ryckewaert J, Letourneur F, Cosson P. Selective membrane exclusion in phagocytic and macropinocytic cups. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4079-87 pubmed..Our results suggest the existence of a new, as yet uncharacterized, sorting mechanism in phagocytic and macropinocytic cups. ..
- Pierre K, Chatton J, Parent A, Repond C, Gardoni F, Di Luca M, et al. Linking supply to demand: the neuronal monocarboxylate transporter MCT2 and the alpha-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionic acid receptor GluR2/3 subunit are associated in a common trafficking process. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:1951-63 pubmed publisher..MCT2 emerges as a novel component of the synaptic machinery putatively linking neuroenergetics to synaptic transmission. ..
- Biermann B, Ivankova Susankova K, Bradaia A, Abdel Aziz S, Besseyrias V, Kapfhammer J, et al. The Sushi domains of GABAB receptors function as axonal targeting signals. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1385-94 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a mechanistic explanation for the selective trafficking of GABA(B(1a,2)) receptors into axons while at the same time identifying a well defined axonal delivery module that can be used as an experimental tool. ..
- Guillas I, Kirchman P, Chuard R, Pfefferli M, Jiang J, Jazwinski S, et al. C26-CoA-dependent ceramide synthesis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is operated by Lag1p and Lac1p. EMBO J. 2001;20:2655-65 pubmed..The participation of Lag1p and Lac1p in ceramide synthesis may explain their role in determining longevity. ..
- Gasser O, Missiou A, Eken C, Hess C. Human CD8+ T cells store CXCR1 in a distinct intracellular compartment and up-regulate it rapidly to the cell surface upon activation. Blood. 2005;106:3718-24 pubmed..These results suggest that CD8+ T cells can rapidly adapt their homing properties by mobilizing CXCR1 from a distinct intracellular compartment. ..
- Saxena S, Howe C, Cosgaya J, Steiner P, Hirling H, Chan J, et al. Differential endocytic sorting of p75NTR and TrkA in response to NGF: a role for late endosomes in TrkA trafficking. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:571-87 pubmed..Disrupting p75NTR recycling diminished TrkA activation in response to low concentrations of NGF, demonstrating a functional role for the recycling of p75NTR. ..
- Hirschy A, Schatzmann F, Ehler E, Perriard J. Establishment of cardiac cytoarchitecture in the developing mouse heart. Dev Biol. 2006;289:430-41 pubmed..These observations help to understand the mechanisms that lead to the formation of a functional heart during development at a cellular level. ..
- Konecna A, Frischknecht R, Kinter J, Ludwig A, Steuble M, Meskenaite V, et al. Calsyntenin-1 docks vesicular cargo to kinesin-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3651-63 pubmed..In summary, our results indicate that calsyntenin-1 links a certain type of vesicular and tubulovesicular organelles to the Kinesin-1 motor. ..
- Crottet P, Meyer D, Rohrer J, Spiess M. ARF1.GTP, tyrosine-based signals, and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate constitute a minimal machinery to recruit the AP-1 clathrin adaptor to membranes. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3672-82 pubmed..The results thus indicate that cargo proteins are involved in coat recruitment and that the local lipid composition contributes to specifying the site of vesicle formation...
- Schonrock N, Bouveret R, Leroy O, Borghi L, Kohler C, Gruissem W, et al. Polycomb-group proteins repress the floral activator AGL19 in the FLC-independent vernalization pathway. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1667-78 pubmed..In this pathway, prolonged cold relieves AGL19 from PcG repression by a mechanism that requires VIN3 but not VRN2. Elevated AGL19 levels activate LFY and AP1 and eventually cause flowering. ..
- Demirci E, Junne T, Baday S, Berneche S, Spiess M. Functional asymmetry within the Sec61p translocon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18856-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, the contribution of hydrophobic residues in the H segment is not simply additive and displays cooperativeness depending on their relative position. ..
- Berger E. Ectopic localizations of Golgi glycosyltransferases. Glycobiology. 2002;12:29R-36R pubmed..Hence, extracellular cues resulting from specific adhesion sites may influence post-Golgi trafficking routes, which may be reflected by ectopic localization of Golgi enzymes. ..
- Hamer I, Foti M, Emkey R, Cordier Bussat M, Philippe J, De Meyts P, et al. An arginine to cysteine(252) mutation in insulin receptors from a patient with severe insulin resistance inhibits receptor internalisation but preserves signalling events. Diabetologia. 2002;45:657-67 pubmed
- Saydam N, Steiner F, Georgiev O, Schaffner W. Heat and heavy metal stress synergize to mediate transcriptional hyperactivation by metal-responsive transcription factor MTF-1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31879-83 pubmed..We propose that the known anti-apoptotic effect of heat shock proteins allows for cell survival despite heavy metal accumulation and, consequently, results in a hyperactivation of the metal response pathway. ..
- Burr S, Pugovkin D, Wahli T, Segner H, Frey J. Attenuated virulence of an Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida type III secretion mutant in a rainbow trout model. Microbiology. 2005;151:2111-8 pubmed..The results indicate that the type III secretion system of A. salmonicida subsp. salmonicida is required to establish systemic infection...
- Yam G, Bosshard N, Zuber C, Steinmann B, Roth J. Pharmacological chaperone corrects lysosomal storage in Fabry disease caused by trafficking-incompetent variants. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;290:C1076-82 pubmed..Pharmacological chaperones acting on misfolded, unstable mutant proteins that exhibit residual biological activity offer a convenient and cost-efficient therapeutic strategy. ..
- Guillemot L, Citi S. Cingulin regulates claudin-2 expression and cell proliferation through the small GTPase RhoA. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3569-77 pubmed..These results provide novel insights about the mechanisms of cingulin function and the signaling pathways controlling claudin-2 expression in MDCK cells. ..
- Kubetzko S, Balic E, Waibel R, Zangemeister Wittke U, Plückthun A. PEGylation and multimerization of the anti-p185HER-2 single chain Fv fragment 4D5: effects on tumor targeting. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35186-201 pubmed..Both multimerization and PEGylation represent thus useful strategies to tailor the pharmacokinetic properties of therapeutic antibodies and their combined use can additively improve tumor targeting. ..
- Buvelot Frei S, Rahl P, Nussbaum M, Briggs B, Calero M, Janeczko S, et al. Bioinformatic and comparative localization of Rab proteins reveals functional insights into the uncharacterized GTPases Ypt10p and Ypt11p. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7299-317 pubmed
- Schaub B, Berger B, Berger E, Rohrer J. Transition of galactosyltransferase 1 from trans-Golgi cisterna to the trans-Golgi network is signal mediated. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5153-62 pubmed..On the basis of these data, we suggest that cycling between the trans-Golgi cisterna and the trans-Golgi network of galT is signal mediated...
- Schindler C, Rodriguez F, Poon P, Singer R, Johnston G, Spang A. The GAP domain and the SNARE, coatomer and cargo interaction region of the ArfGAP2/3 Glo3 are sufficient for Glo3 function. Traffic. 2009;10:1362-75 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that membrane-interaction modules and cargo-sensing regions have evolved independently in ArfGAP1s versus ArfGAP2/3s. ..
- Markkanen E, Hubscher U, van Loon B. Regulation of oxidative DNA damage repair: the adenine:8-oxo-guanine problem. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1070-5 pubmed publisher..In contrast, phosphorylation of Pol ? by Cdk2/cyclinA counteracts this degradation by recruiting it to MutYH on chromatin to form active 8-oxo-G repair complexes. ..
- Esterházy D, Akpinar P, Stoffel M. Tmem27 dimerization, deglycosylation, plasma membrane depletion, and the extracellular Phe-Phe motif are negative regulators of cleavage by Bace2. Biol Chem. 2012;393:473-84 pubmed publisher..These findings define structural properties of Tmem27 that affect the susceptibility to its protease Bace2 and have implications for the efficiency with which Tmem27 and other Bace2 substrates are cleaved in normal and disease states. ..
- Castanon I, Abrami L, Holtzer L, Heisenberg C, van der Goot F, Gonzalez Gaitan M. Anthrax toxin receptor 2a controls mitotic spindle positioning. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:28-39 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Antxr2a functions as a Wnt-dependent polarized determinant, which, through the action of RhoA and zDia2, exerts torque on the spindle to align it with the A-V axis. ..
- Castillon G, Michon L, Watanabe R. Apical sorting of lysoGPI-anchored proteins occurs independent of association with detergent-resistant membranes but dependent on their N-glycosylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2021-33 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm the essential role for cholesterol in the apical protein targeting and further demonstrate that the mechanism of cholesterol-dependent apical sorting is not related to DRM association of GPI-APs. ..
- Bost S, Silva F, Rudaz C, Belin D. Both transmembrane domains of SecG contribute to signal sequence recognition by the Escherichia coli protein export machinery. Mol Microbiol. 2000;38:575-87 pubmed..Thus, SecG participates in signal sequence recognition, and both transmembrane domains of SecG contribute to ensure normal signal sequence recognition by the translocase. ..
- Shimada Y, Wiget P, Gulli M, Bi E, Peter M. The nucleotide exchange factor Cdc24p may be regulated by auto-inhibition. EMBO J. 2004;23:1051-62 pubmed..Taken together, our results support a two-step molecular mechanism for the site-specific activation of Cdc24p, which involves Rsr1p/Bud1p and the adaptor protein Bem1p. ..
- Krapp A, Collin P, Cokoja A, Dischinger S, Cano E, Simanis V. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe septation initiation network (SIN) is required for spore formation in meiosis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2882-91 pubmed..The protein kinases Sid1p and Cdc7p do not associate with the spindle pole body until meiosis II, when forespore membrane deposition begins. These data indicate a role for the SIN in regulating spore formation during meiosis. ..
- Charette S, Mercanti V, Letourneur F, Bennett N, Cosson P. A role for adaptor protein-3 complex in the organization of the endocytic pathway in Dictyostelium. Traffic. 2006;7:1528-38 pubmed..Our results suggest that AP-3 plays an essential role in the compartmentalization of the endocytic pathway in Dictyostelium. ..
- Brissoni B, Agostini L, Kropf M, Martinon F, Swoboda V, Lippens S, et al. Intracellular trafficking of interleukin-1 receptor I requires Tollip. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2265-70 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Tollip functions as an endosomal adaptor linking IL-1RI, via Tom1, to the endosomal degradation machinery. ..
- Port F, Kuster M, Herr P, Furger E, Bänziger C, Hausmann G, et al. Wingless secretion promotes and requires retromer-dependent cycling of Wntless. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:178-85 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Wg, clathrin-mediated endocytosis and retromer sustain a Wls traffic loop from the Golgi to the plasma membrane and back to the Golgi, thereby enabling Wls to direct Wnt secretion. ..
- Kunz S. Receptor binding and cell entry of Old World arenaviruses reveal novel aspects of virus-host interaction. Virology. 2009;387:245-9 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, engagement of arenavirus particles may target DG for an endocytotic pathway not normally used in uninfected cells thereby inducing an entry route specifically tailored to the pathogen's needs...
- Binda M, Péli Gulli M, Bonfils G, Panchaud N, Urban J, Sturgill T, et al. The Vam6 GEF controls TORC1 by activating the EGO complex. Mol Cell. 2009;35:563-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its regulatory role in homotypic vacuolar fusion and vacuole protein sorting within the HOPS complex, Vam6 also controls TORC1 function by activating the Gtr1 subunit of the EGO complex. ..
- Polonais V, Javier Foth B, Chinthalapudi K, Marq J, Manstein D, Soldati Favre D, et al. Unusual anchor of a motor complex (MyoD-MLC2) to the plasma membrane of Toxoplasma gondii. Traffic. 2011;12:287-300 pubmed publisher..Anchorage of this MLC2 to the plasma membrane is likely governed by palmitoylation...
- Castillon G, Aguilera Romero A, Manzano López J, Epstein S, Kajiwara K, Funato K, et al. The yeast p24 complex regulates GPI-anchored protein transport and quality control by monitoring anchor remodeling. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2924-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore the p24 complex, by sensing the status of the GPI anchor, regulates GPI-anchored protein intracellular transport and coordinates this with correct anchor remodeling. ..