Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in China
Topic: protein transport
- Li W, Liang X, Zeng Z, Yu K, Zhan S, Su Q, et al. Simvastatin inhibits glucose uptake activity and GLUT4 translocation through suppression of the IR/IRS-1/Akt signaling in C2C12 myotubes. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:194-200 pubmed publisher..These results provide an important new insight into the mechanism of statins on insulin sensitivity which may be associated with new-onset diabetes. ..
- Qiongyao F, Yajun L, Langyu R, Jinglong C, Qiang W, Qunfang C, et al. Identification, structure and function of a novel tetraspaninhomologue from Spirometra erinaceieuropaei. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011;4:739-42 pubmed publisher..The full length c DNA sequences of SeTSP16 are identified. It encodes a transmembrane protein which might be an ideal diagnosis antigen and target molecule for antiparasitic drugs. ..
- Zhou L, Li S, Feng Q, Zhang Y, Zhao X, Zeng Y, et al. Protein S-ACYL Transferase10 is critical for development and salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1093-107 pubmed publisher..We propose that PAT10-mediated palmitoylation is critical for vacuolar function by regulating membrane association or the activities of tonoplast proteins...
- Li M, Wang S, Cai M, Zheng C. Identification of nuclear and nucleolar localization signals of pseudorabies virus (PRV) early protein UL54 reveals that its nuclear targeting is required for efficient production of PRV. J Virol. 2011;85:10239-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a classical NLS and a genuine NoLS in UL54 and demonstrate that the nuclear targeting of UL54 is required for efficient production of PRV. ..
- Zhang L, Wu H, Lu D, Li G, Sun C, Song H, et al. The costimulatory molecule B7-H4 promote tumor progression and cell proliferation through translocating into nucleus. Oncogene. 2013;32:5347-58 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, B7-H4 wild-type confers chemoresistance activity to RCC cell lines including Caki-1 and ACHN. Our study provides a new insight into the functional implication of B7-H4 in its subcellular localization. ..
- Gu Y, Li Y, Song Y, Chang X, Qu Y, Wang M, et al. Biological function of hpsh4590 localized in the plasticity zone of Helicobacter pylori. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:63-9 pubmed publisher..Hpsh4590 was found localized in the membrane and the periplasm of H. pylori, interacted with zinc finger protein and methionine ABC transporter ATP-binding protein, and potentially regulates DNA uptake or transfer. ..
- Qi C, Zheng L, Ma H, Fei M, Qian K, Shen B, et al. A novel mutation in CD40 and its functional characterization. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:985-94 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the mutation in CD40 can lead to an alteration of function, including the change of antigen epitope and the binding affinity with CD40L. ..
- Liu C, Wu W, Zhang B, Xiang J, Zou J. Temporospatial expression and cellular localization of glutamine synthetase following traumatic spinal cord injury in adult rats. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:1431-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results provided evidence for the temporospatial expression and location of GS following SCI and suggested that the changes in GS levels may contribute to glutamate neurotoxicity and glial cell response following SCI. ..
- Wang C, Wang Y, Cheng Z, Zhao Z, Chen J, Sheng P, et al. The role of OsMSH4 in male and female gamete development in rice meiosis. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:1447-59 pubmed publisher..Our results supported the conclusion that the OsMSH4/5 heterodimer plays a key role in regulation of crossover formation during rice meiosis by interaction with the RPA complex. ..
- Wu J, Chen X. Extracellular metalloproteases from bacteria. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;92:253-62 pubmed publisher..In order to broaden the application of BEMPs, it is essential to explore novel BEMPs and apply gene/protein engineering to improve the production and properties of promising BEMPs. ..
- Huang X, Wang Y, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Chen X, Wang Y, et al. Ophiopogonin D and EETs ameliorate Ang II-induced inflammatory responses via activating PPAR? in HUVECs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:123-133 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that OP-D has the endothelial protective effect through activation of CYP2J and increasing EETs, and PPAR? involves in this process. ..
- Qiu L, Ding G, Li K, Wang X, Zhou Y, Zhou Y, et al. The role of protein kinase C in the opening of blood-brain barrier induced by electromagnetic pulse. Toxicology. 2010;273:29-34 pubmed publisher..EMP-induced BBB tight junction protein ZO-1 translocation was also inhibited. Our data indicated that PKC signaling was involved in EMP-induced BBB permeability change and ZO-1 translocation in rat. ..
- Sun Y, Yang F, Yan J, Li Q, Wei Z, Feng H, et al. New anti-fibrotic mechanisms of n-acetyl-seryl-aspartyl-lysyl-proline in silicon dioxide-induced silicosis. Life Sci. 2010;87:232-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the anti-fibrotic effect of Ac-SDKP in silicosis is mediated by inhibiting chronic inflammation, TGF-beta1 production, and TGF-beta1-induced pulmonary fibroblast proliferation and collagen synthesis. ..
- Chiu P, Leung H, Leong P, Chen N, Zhou L, Zuo Z, et al. Danshen-Gegen decoction protects against hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced apoptosis by inhibiting mitochondrial permeability transition via the redox-sensitive ERK/Nrf2 and PKC?/mKATP pathways in H9c2 cardiomyocytes. Phytomedicine. 2012;19:99-110 pubmed publisher
- Deng C, Sun Z, Tong G, Yi W, Ma L, Zhao B, et al. ?-Lipoic acid reduces infarct size and preserves cardiac function in rat myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury through activation of PI3K/Akt/Nrf2 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58371 pubmed publisher..LA exerts its action by activating the PI3K/Akt pathway as well as subsequent Nrf2 nuclear translocation and induction of cytoprotective genes such as HO-1. ..
- Xie M, Chang H, Wang Y, Zhang L, Song Z, Guo W, et al. Evidence that apoptotic signalling in hypertrophic cardiomyocytes is determined by mitochondrial pathways involving protein kinase C?. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:1120-8 pubmed publisher..All of these increases were modulated by concurrent use of the PKC? inhibitor, rottlerin. 4. The results suggest that apoptotic signalling in hypertrophic cardiomyocytes is determined by mitochondrial pathways involving PKC?. ..
- Meng S, Zhou F, Zhang W, Cao X, Wang B, Wang Y, et al. [The research on the expression and localization of multiple myeloma associated antigen MMSA-1]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;28:63-6 pubmed..These results revealed that MMSA-1 may play a pivotal role in MM proliferation and osteolysis destruction, which lay the foundation for the further study of biological function and immunotherapy based on MMSA-1. ..
- Li Q, Liang Y, Shi S, Liu Q, Xu D, Jing G, et al. Localization of prohibitin in the nuclear matrix and alteration of its expression during differentiation of human neuroblastoma SK-N-SH cells induced by retinoic acid. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2011;31:203-11 pubmed publisher..The distribution of PHB in SK-N-SH cells and its colocalization with related proto-oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes suggest that PHB plays pivotal roles in the differentiation of SK-N-SH cells and deserves further study. ..
- Chang H, Zhang L, Xu P, Li Q, Sheng J, Wang Y, et al. Nuclear translocation of calpain-2 regulates propensity toward apoptosis in cardiomyocytes of tail-suspended rats. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:571-80 pubmed publisher..Larger intranuclear Ca(2+) further activates nuclear calpain-2 and hence induces cardiomyocyte apoptosis. ..
- Fang S, Wang R, Liu H, Zhuang W, Wang Z, Zhang J, et al. The retention of prion protein in the endoplasmic reticulum prevents N2A cells from proteasome inhibition-induced cytotoxicity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:500-507 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the ER is not a compartment in which wild type PrPC is able to initiate aggregation, protease resistance or other scapie-like properties of PrP. ..
- Luo W, Shu H. Emerging roles of rhomboid-like pseudoproteases in inflammatory and innate immune responses. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3182-3189 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize recent progress on the roles and mechanisms of iRhom2 and its homologues in innate immunity and also discuss the links between the physiological functions of iRhoms and immunological diseases. ..
- Zhang P, Cao G, Sheng J, Xue R, Gong C. BmTGIF, a Bombyx mori homolog of Drosophila DmTGIF, regulates progression of spermatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47861 pubmed publisher..The results of this analysis of BmTGIF will improve our understanding of the mechanism of spermatid differentiation in B. mori, with potential applications for pest control...
- He R, Sheng J, Luo Q, Jin F, Wang B, Qian Y, et al. Aquaporin-2 expression in human endometrium correlates with serum ovarian steroid hormones. Life Sci. 2006;79:423-9 pubmed..The high level of endometrial AQP2 expression was observed at the mid-secretory phase, the time of embryo implantation, suggesting that AQP2 might play physiological roles in the uterine receptivity. ..
- Cui W, Zhang S, Shan C, Zhou L, Zhou Z. microRNA-133a regulates the cell cycle and proliferation of breast cancer cells by targeting epidermal growth factor receptor through the EGFR/Akt signaling pathway. FEBS J. 2013;280:3962-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results show that miR-133a may be used as biomarker and/or therapeutic target for diagnosis and therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Zhou D, Cheng X, Yang S, Ming Z, Li W, Zhang Q, et al. [Expression and bioinformatic analysis of ornithine aminotransferase ?in non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2012;15:521-30 pubmed..OAT may play an important role in the oncogenesis and progression of NSCLC. Thus, OAT may be a novel biomarker for the diagnosis of NSCLC or a new target for its treatment. ..
- Zhang W, Zhao P, Xu X, Cai L, Song Z, Cao D, et al. Annexin A2 promotes the migration and invasion of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro by regulating the shedding of CD147-harboring microvesicles from tumor cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67268 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ANXA2 enhances the migration and invasion potential of HCC cells in vitro by regulating the trafficking of CD147-harboring membrane microvesicles. ..
- Mi Y, Zhang Y, Shen Y. Mechanism of JmjC-containing protein Hairless in the regulation of vitamin D receptor function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:1675-80 pubmed publisher..Studies on deletion mutants of HR indicate that the JmjC domain contributes to the co-repressor activity of HR. Our work provides new clues and evidence for the understanding on the role of HR in hair growth. ..
- Gu Q, Feng T, Cao H, Tang Y, Ge X, Luo J, et al. HIV-TAT mediated protein transduction of Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) protects skin cells from ionizing radiation. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:253 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the protective role of HIV-TAT protein transduction domain mediated protein transduction of SOD1 (TAT-SOD1) against ionizing radiation...
- Jin H, Wang C, Jin G, Ruan H, Gu D, Wei L, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 1 Gene Isoform 4, Down-regulated in Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Prevents Proliferation, Migration, and Invasive Activity of Cancer Cells and Metastasis of Orthotopic Tumors by Inhibiting Nuclear Translocation of NFAT1. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:799-811.e33 pubmed publisher..4 in HCC cells prevents growth, angiogenesis, and metastases of xenograft tumors by inhibiting calcineurin activity and nuclear translocation of NFAT1. ..
- Wang X, Arooz T, Siu W, Chiu C, Lau A, Yamashita K, et al. MDM2 and MDMX can interact differently with ARF and members of the p53 family. FEBS Lett. 2001;490:202-8 pubmed..These data reveal that significant differences and selectivity exist between the regulation of different members of the p53 family by MDM2 and MDMX. ..
- Zhang Q, Pei D, Guan Q, Sun Y, Liu X, Zhang G. Blockade of the translocation and activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4 (MKK4) signaling attenuates neuronal damage during later ischemia-reperfusion. J Neurochem. 2006;98:170-9 pubmed
- Wang X, Xue L, Sun J, Zuo J. The Arabidopsis BE1 gene, encoding a putative glycoside hydrolase localized in plastids, plays crucial roles during embryogenesis and carbohydrate metabolism. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:273-88 pubmed publisher..The be1-3 phenotype can be partially rescued by glucose, fructose or sucrose, implying the involvement of BE1 in carbohydrate metabolism in plastids. ..
- Huang X, Tong J, Wang Z, Yang C, Qi S, Guo L, et al. JNK2 participates in spindle assembly during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation. Microsc Microanal. 2011;17:197-205 pubmed publisher..In addition, inhibition of JNK2 resulted in impaired localization of Plk1. Taken together, our results suggest that JNK2 plays an important role in spindle assembly and PB1 extrusion during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation. ..
- Zhang Z, Wu L, Qiao Z, Qiao M, Feng Y, Guo Z. Contribution of the conserved A16Leu to insulin foldability. Protein J. 2008;27:192-6 pubmed..The results showed A16Leu had much more significant effects on the foldability of insulin than B17Leu. ..
- Li W, Yu K, Ma J, Shen J, Cheng C, Zhou F, et al. Non-thermal plasma induces mitochondria-mediated apoptotic signaling pathway via ROS generation in HeLa cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;633:68-77 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights to the therapeutic potential and clinical research of NTP as a novel tool in cervical cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang F, Zhang T, Jiang T, Zhang R, Teng Z, Li C, et al. Wortmannin potentiates roscovitine-induced growth inhibition in human solid tumor cells by repressing PI3K/Akt pathway. Cancer Lett. 2009;286:232-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence for the potential application of roscovitine/wormannin combination in clinical treatment for solid tumors. ..
- Zhang J, Liu A, Hou R, Zhang J, Jia X, Jiang W, et al. Salidroside protects cardiomyocyte against hypoxia-induced death: a HIF-1alpha-activated and VEGF-mediated pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;607:6-14 pubmed..These data indicated that salidroside has protective effect against hypoxia-induced cardiomyocytes necrosis and apoptosis by increasing HIF-1alpha expression and subsequently up-regulating VEGF levels. ..
- Zhai J, Gao D, Liu W, Hong R, Qin Y, Ouyang H, et al. Characterization of a novel isoform of murine interferon regulatory factor 3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:384-388 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mIRF-3a may act as a modulator of mIRF-3 functions in vivo. ..
- Shen H, Zhang Y, Ding H, Wang X, Chen L, Jiang H, et al. Farnesoid X receptor induces GLUT4 expression through FXR response element in the GLUT4 promoter. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;22:1-14 pubmed publisher..All these data thereby implied that FXR is a new transcription factor of GLUT4, further elucidating the potential role for FXR in glucose metabolism. ..
- Ma Z, Cao M, Liu Y, He Y, Wang Y, Yang C, et al. Mitochondrial F1Fo-ATP synthase translocates to cell surface in hepatocytes and has high activity in tumor-like acidic and hypoxic environment. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:530-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the specificity of ectopic ATP synthase for tumor target therapy relies on the high level of catalytic activity that is observed in acidic and hypoxic microenvironments in tumor tissues. ..
- Li H, Song Y, Zhang L, Gu Y, Li F, Pan S, et al. LSDP5 enhances triglyceride storage in hepatocytes by influencing lipolysis and fatty acid ?-oxidation of lipid droplets. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36712 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that LSDP5, a novel lipid droplet protein, may contribute to triglyceride accumulation by negatively regulating lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation in hepatocytes. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu H. Molecular and cellular mechanisms for Alzheimer's disease: understanding APP metabolism. Curr Mol Med. 2007;7:687-96 pubmed
- Liu H, Yu M, Jiang M, Chen J, Yan D, Liu F, et al. Association of supervillin with KIR2DL1 regulates the inhibitory signaling of natural killer cells. Cell Signal. 2011;23:487-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate that supervillin is a novel molecule that associates with KIR2DL1 receptor and regulates the inhibitory signaling in NK cells. ..
- Chow K, Sun J, Chu K, Tai Cheung W, Cheng C, Wise H. The truncated ghrelin receptor polypeptide (GHS-R1b) is localized in the endoplasmic reticulum where it forms heterodimers with ghrelin receptors (GHS-R1a) to attenuate their cell surface expression. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;348:247-54 pubmed publisher..However, sufficient ghrelin receptor homodimers can still be expressed on the cell surface for maximal responses to agonist stimulation. ..
- Chu J, Chung S, Lam A, Tam S, Chung S, Chow B. Phenotypes developed in secretin receptor-null mice indicated a role for secretin in regulating renal water reabsorption. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2499-511 pubmed..Future investigations in this direction should be important in developing therapeutic means for treating NDI patients. ..
- Feng Y, Zhao J, Hou H, Zhang H, Jiao Y, Wang J, et al. WDR26 promotes mitophagy of cardiomyocytes induced by hypoxia through Parkin translocation. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:1075-1084 pubmed..This study provides novel insights into the protective role of WDR26 in cardiomyocyte injury during hypoxia. WDR26 may serve as a potential target for the treatment of myocardial ischemia. ..
- Wang W, Shao S, Wang S. The role for human nasal epithelial nuclear factor kappa B activation in histamine-induced mucin 5 subtype B overproduction. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2016;6:264-70 pubmed publisher..Histamine activated the IÎºBÎ±/NF-ÎºB pathway by promoting IÎºBÎ± phosphorylation and inducing NF-ÎºBp65 nuclear translocation, contributing to MUC5B overproduction and secretion. ..
- Su Y, Ye M, Li L, Liu C, Pan J, Liu W, et al. KIF5B promotes the forward transport and axonal function of the voltage-gated sodium channel Nav1.8. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17884-96 pubmed publisher..8. Therefore, our results reveal that KIF5B is required for the forward transport and axonal function of Nav1.8, suggesting a mechanism for axonal accumulation of Nav1.8 in inflammatory pain. ..
- Lee W, Liu K, Yeung J. Reactive oxygen species-mediated kinase activation by dihydrotanshinone in tanshinones-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;285:46-57 pubmed publisher..The p38 MAPK activation by dihydrotanshinone was inhibited by N-acetyl cysteine pretreatment. It is thus concluded that ROS-mediated p38 MAPK activation plays a vital role in dihydrotanshinone-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells. ..
- Zhou X, Chen D, Xie Z, Peng Z, Xia K, Liu H, et al. Functional analysis of the distal region of the third intracellular loop of PROKR2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:12-7 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the distal region of the IL3 of PROKR2 may differentially influence receptor trafficking and G-protein coupling. ..
- Tang X, Zhang C. Relationship between Sloan-Kettering virus expression and mouse follicular development. Endocrine. 2011;40:187-95 pubmed publisher..Ski is expressed in a specific manner during follicle development, ovulation and luteinization. So Ski might play essential roles in these processes especially during early follicular development. ..
- Guo H, Ding Q, Lin F, Pan W, Lin J, Zheng A. Characterization of the nuclear and nucleolar localization signals of bovine herpesvirus-1 infected cell protein 27. Virus Res. 2009;145:312-20 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated that BICP27 is a nucleolar protein, adding BICP27 to the growing list of transactivators which localize to the nucleolus...
- Liang Y, Sheng S, Fang P, Ma Y, Li J, Shi Q, et al. Exercise-induced galanin release facilitated GLUT4 translocation in adipocytes of type 2 diabetic rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;100:554-9 pubmed publisher..Galanin plays a significant role in regulation of glucose metabolic homeostasis and is an important hormone relative to diabetes. ..
- Wang J, Li S, Zhao X, Zhou L, Huang G, Feng C, et al. HAPLESS13, the Arabidopsis ?1 adaptin, is essential for protein sorting at the trans-Golgi network/early endosome. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1897-910 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that HAP13 is critical for brefeldin A-sensitive but wortmannin-insensitive post-Golgi trafficking. Our results show that HAP13 is a key link in the sophisticated trafficking network in plant cells. ..
- Huo N, Lewis P. [Green fluorescent protein labeling of ylyA gene in Bacillus subtilis]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;48:829-33 pubmed..GFP labeled YlyA produced by BS363 cultured on the nutrient agar solid medium distributed around the cell periphery.This suggests it may play a role in membrane biology. ..
- Chen V, Choi R, Chan W, Leung K, Guo A, Chan G, et al. The assembly of proline-rich membrane anchor (PRiMA)-linked acetylcholinesterase enzyme: glycosylation is required for enzymatic activity but not for oligomerization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32948-61 pubmed publisher..This glycan-depleted enzyme was assembled in endoplasmic reticulum but was not transported to Golgi apparatus or plasma membrane. ..
- Wang Z, Liu P, Liu X, Manfredsson F, Sandoval I, Yu S, et al. Delta-Secretase Phosphorylation by SRPK2 Enhances Its Enzymatic Activity, Provoking Pathogenesis in Alzheimer's Disease. Mol Cell. 2017;67:812-825.e5 pubmed publisher..Our findings support that delta-secretase phosphorylation by SRPK2 plays a critical role in aggravating AD pathogenesis. ..
- Zhang B, Lu W. Src homology 2 domain-containing phosphotyrosine phosphatase 2 (Shp2) controls surface GluA1 protein in synaptic homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15481-15488 pubmed publisher..Thus, Shp2 may contribute meaningfully to synaptic homeostasis. ..
- Tong E, Guo J, Huang A, Liu H, Hu C, Chung S, et al. Regulation of nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of transcription factor OREBP/TonEBP/NFAT5. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23870-9 pubmed..Our findings provide insight into how nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of OREBP/TonEBP is regulated by changes in extracellular tonicity. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Han H, Zou Y, Gao Q, Yang G. Taxifolin enhances osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells partially via NF-?B pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:36-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that taxifolin could promote osteogenesis of hBMSCs, partially through antagonism of NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Qiao W, Zhao X, Li W, Luo Y, Zhang X. Overexpression of AeNHX1, a root-specific vacuolar Na+/H+ antiporter from Agropyron elongatum, confers salt tolerance to Arabidopsis and Festuca plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:1663-72 pubmed..Similarly, AeNHX1 also functioned in transgenic Festuca plants. The results suggest that this gene might function in the roots of Agropyron plants, and its expression is involved in the improvement of salt tolerance...
- Li T, Hu J, He G, Li Y, Zhu C, Hou W, et al. Up-regulation of NDRG2 through nuclear factor-kappa B is required for Leydig cell apoptosis in both human and murine infertile testes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:301-13 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that ndrg2 is a novel gene that participates in Leydig cell apoptosis, with essential functions in testicular cells, and suggests its possible role in apoptotic Leydig cells and male fertility. ..
- Zhao D, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Li X, Zhao K, Ding Y, et al. H3K4me3 Demethylase Kdm5a Is Required for NK Cell Activation by Associating with p50 to Suppress SOCS1. Cell Rep. 2016;15:288-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kdm5a is required for priming activation of NK cells by suppressing the suppressor, SOCS1. Our study provides insights into the epigenetic regulation of innate immune response of NK cells. ..
- Gu J, Wang L, Jin Y, Lin C, Wang H, Zhou N, et al. Characterization of specific antigenic epitopes and the nuclear export signal of the Porcine circovirus 2 ORF3 protein. Vet Microbiol. 2016;184:40-50 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel insight that deepens our understanding of the biological function of PCV2 ORF3. ..
- Kong W, Liang H, Shen L, Duan K. [Regulation of type III secretion system by Rhl and PQS quorum sensing systems in Pseudomonas aeruginosa]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2009;49:1158-64 pubmed..The results indicate that the Rhl and Pseudomonas quinolone signal (PQS) systems play an important role in regulating T3SS gene expression in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. ..
- Pi H, Xu S, Zhang L, Guo P, Li Y, Xie J, et al. Dynamin 1-like-dependent mitochondrial fission initiates overactive mitophagy in the hepatotoxicity of cadmium. Autophagy. 2013;9:1780-800 pubmed publisher..The balanced activity of DNM1L and mitophagy signaling may be a potential therapeutic approach to treat Cd-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Yang S, Wang W, Lei C, Liu Q, Xu F, Xing X, et al. Localization and characterization of rat transmembrane protein 225 specifically expressed in testis. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:9-16 pubmed publisher..As the expression phase is not related to the first wave of spermatozoon development, our data presented here suggest that TMEM225 may play an important role in sperm degeneration but not in spermatogenesis. ..
- Zhou B, Zhuang J, Gu D, Wang H, Cebotaru L, Guggino W, et al. WNK4 enhances the degradation of NCC through a sortilin-mediated lysosomal pathway. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:82-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that WNK4 promotes NCC targeting to the lysosome for degradation via a mechanism involving sortilin. ..
- Chan W, Tsoi H, Wu C, Wong C, Cheng T, Li H, et al. Expanded polyglutamine domain possesses nuclear export activity which modulates subcellular localization and toxicity of polyQ disease protein via exportin-1. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1738-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we first showed that Xpo1 is a nuclear export receptor for expanded polyQ domain, and our findings establish a direct link between protein nuclear export and the progressive nature of polyQ neurodegeneration. ..
- Chan C, Tsoi H, Chan W, Zhai S, Wong C, Yao X, et al. The ion channel activity of the SARS-coronavirus 3a protein is linked to its pro-apoptotic function. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2232-9 pubmed publisher..As ion channel activity has been reported to regulate apoptosis in different pathologic conditions, finding ways to modulate the ion channel activity may offer a new direction toward the inhibition of apoptosis triggered by SARS-CoV. ..
- Cheung S, Sun S, Chan J, Tong P. Expression and subcellular targeting of human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in transgenic tobacco plants. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:943-51 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that protein sorting sequences could benefit the expression level of rhIGFBP-3 and it is feasible to use plant as "bio-factory" to produce therapeutic recombinant proteins in large quantity. ..
- Webb S, Cheung C, Chan C, Love D, Miller A. Application of complementary luminescent and fluorescent imaging techniques to visualize nuclear and cytoplasmic Ca²? signalling during the in vivo differentiation of slow muscle cells in zebrafish embryos under normal and dystrophic conditions. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:78-86 pubmed publisher