Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein subunits in Argentina
Topic: protein subunits
- Ferroni F, Guerrero S, Rizzi A, Brondino C. Overexpression, purification, and biochemical and spectroscopic characterization of copper-containing nitrite reductase from Sinorhizobium meliloti 2011. Study of the interaction of the catalytic copper center with nitrite and NO. J Inorg Biochem. 2012;114:8-14 pubmed publisher..EPR characterization of the copper species obtained upon interaction of SmNir with nitrite, and catalytically-generated and exogenous NO reveals the formation of a Cu-NO EPR active species not detected before in closely related Nirs. ..
- Tudisca V, Simpson C, Castelli L, Lui J, Hoyle N, Moreno S, et al. PKA isoforms coordinate mRNA fate during nutrient starvation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5221-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the PKA pathway coordinates multiple stages in the fate of mRNAs in association with nutritional environment and growth status of the cell. ..
- Lipovsek M, Im G, Franchini L, Pisciottano F, Katz E, Fuchs P, et al. Phylogenetic differences in calcium permeability of the auditory hair cell cholinergic nicotinic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4308-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that high Ca(2+) permeability of the ?9?10 cholinergic nicotinic receptor might have evolved together with other features that have given the mammalian ear an expanded high-frequency sensitivity...
- Weisstaub N, Vetter D, Elgoyhen A, Katz E. The alpha9alpha10 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor is permeable to and is modulated by divalent cations. Hear Res. 2002;167:122-35 pubmed..8 mM Ca(2+) (14.3 microM), suggesting that potentiation by Ca(2+) involves changes in the apparent affinity of the alpha 9 alpha 10 receptor for ACh. ..
- Molinas M, De Candia A, Szajnman S, Rodriguez J, Marti M, Pereira M, et al. Electron transfer dynamics of Rhodothermus marinus caa3 cytochrome c domains on biomimetic films. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2011;13:18088-98 pubmed publisher..The intramolecular electron transfer pathway in integral subunit II from Cyt-D to the Cu(A) redox center most likely involves the iron ligand histidine 20 as an electron exit point in Cyt-D...
- Ituarte S, Dreon M, Pasquevich M, Fernández P, Heras H. Carbohydrates and glycoforms of the major egg perivitellins from Pomacea apple snails (Architaenioglossa: Ampullariidae). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:66-72 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of these structures in gastropods other than heterobranchs...
- Bentancor L, Bilen M, Brando R, Ramos M, Ferreira L, Ghiringhelli P, et al. A DNA vaccine encoding the enterohemorragic Escherichia coli Shiga-like toxin 2 A2 and B subunits confers protective immunity to Shiga toxin challenge in the murine model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:712-8 pubmed publisher
- Cabilla J, Ronchetti S, Nudler S, Miler E, Quinteros F, Duvilanski B. Nitric oxide sensitive-guanylyl cyclase subunit expression changes during estrous cycle in anterior pituitary glands. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;296:E731-7 pubmed publisher..These findings show that E2 physiologically regulates sGC expression and highlight a novel mechanism by which E2 downregulates sGC activity in rat anterior pituitary gland. ..
- de Plazas S, Rapacioli M, Rodriguez Gil D, Vacotto M, Flores V. Acute hypoxia differentially affects the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor alpha(1), alpha(2), beta(2), and gamma(2) subunit mRNA levels in the developing chick optic tectum: stage-dependent sensitivity. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:3135-44 pubmed
- Katz E, Elgoyhen A, Gómez Casati M, Knipper M, Vetter D, Fuchs P, et al. Developmental regulation of nicotinic synapses on cochlear inner hair cells. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7814-20 pubmed..Furthermore, this developmental knock-out of alpha10, but not alpha9, supports the hypothesis that functional nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in hair cells are heteromers containing both these subunits. ..
- Parisi G, Fornasari M, Echave J. Dynactins p25 and p27 are predicted to adopt the LbetaH fold. FEBS Lett. 2004;562:1-4 pubmed..The structural models we obtained could contribute to the understanding of the complex interactions that dynactins are able to establish with cargo particles, microtubules or other dynactin subunits. ..
- Hockl P, Sorianello E, Chamson Reig A, Ballerini G, Campo S, Groome N, et al. Gonadotropins and inhibins along the development of a luteinized rat ovarian tumor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;203:137-46 pubmed
- Tudisca V, Recouvreux V, Moreno S, Boy Marcotte E, Jacquet M, Portela P. Differential localization to cytoplasm, nucleus or P-bodies of yeast PKA subunits under different growth conditions. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010;89:339-48 pubmed publisher..The increase in Tpk levels produced an imbalance with Bcy1 levels. Our data suggest that the signaling specificity through PKA in yeast could be mediated by a particular subcellular localization of each isoform of Tpk. ..
- Andreone L, Velásquez E, Abramovich D, Ambao V, Loreti N, Croxatto H, et al. Regulation of inhibin/activin expression in rat early antral follicles. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;309:48-54 pubmed publisher..These results show that FSH and the steroid follicular microenvironment differentially modulate the gene expression of inhibin/activin subunits, their assembly and secretion. ..
- Inchauspe C, Martini F, Forsythe I, Uchitel O. Functional compensation of P/Q by N-type channels blocks short-term plasticity at the calyx of Held presynaptic terminal. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10379-83 pubmed..We conclude that one physiological function of P/Q channels is to provide additional facilitatory drive, so contributing to maintenance of transmission as vesicles are depleted during high throughput synaptic transmission. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez Bardeci N, Caramelo J, Blumenthal D, Rinaldi J, Rossi S, Moreno S. The PKA regulatory subunit from yeast forms a homotetramer: Low-resolution structure of the N-terminal oligomerization domain. J Struct Biol. 2016;193:141-54 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the oligomerization states of PKA R subunits is more diverse than previously thought, and suggest that this might allow some forms of PKA to interact with a wide range of intracellular partners. ..
- Merli M, Cirulli B, Menendez Bravo S, Cricco J. Heme A synthesis and CcO activity are essential for Trypanosoma cruzi infectivity and replication. Biochem J. 2017;474:2315-2332 pubmed publisher..cruzi survival, proliferation and infectivity. This evidence supports that T. cruzi depends on the respiratory chain activity along its life cycle, being CcO an essential terminal oxidase. ..