Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein serine threonine kinases in Switzerland
Topic: protein serine threonine kinases
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Marone R, Erhart D, Mertz A, Bohnacker T, Schnell C, Cmiljanovic V, et al. Targeting melanoma with dual phosphoinositide 3-kinase/mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:601-13 pubmed publisher..Based on the above results, NVP-BEZ235, which has entered phase I/II clinical trials in patients with advanced solid tumors, has a potential in metastatic melanoma therapy. ..
- Bonapace L, Bornhauser B, Schmitz M, Cario G, Ziegler U, Niggli F, et al. Induction of autophagy-dependent necroptosis is required for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells to overcome glucocorticoid resistance. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1310-23 pubmed publisher..Together with evidence for a chemosensitizing activity of obatoclax in vivo, our data provide a compelling rationale for clinical translation of this pharmacological approach into treatments for patients with refractory ALL. ..
- Bielke W, Blaschke R, Miescher G, Zurcher G, Andres A, Ziemiecki A. Characterization of a novel murine testis-specific serine/threonine kinase. Gene. 1994;139:235-9 pubmed..A GenEMBL databank search revealed highest homology to the human gene encoding rac protein kinase-beta and the group of yeast Ser/Thr kinases encoded by SNF-1, nim-1, KIN-1 and KIN-2. ..
- Tanaka K, Parvinen M, Nigg E. The in vivo expression pattern of mouse Nek2, a NIMA-related kinase, indicates a role in both mitosis and meiosis. Exp Cell Res. 1997;237:264-74 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Nek2 may play an important role not only during mitosis but also during meiosis. ..
- Zheng M, Simon R, Mirlacher M, Maurer R, Gasser T, Forster T, et al. TRIO amplification and abundant mRNA expression is associated with invasive tumor growth and rapid tumor cell proliferation in urinary bladder cancer. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:63-9 pubmed..It is concluded that TRIO up-regulation through amplification has a potential role in bladder cancer progression. ..
- Ariumi Y, Trono D. Ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated (ATM) protein can enhance human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication by stimulating Rev function. J Virol. 2006;80:2445-52 pubmed..Altogether, these results indicate that ATM can positively influence HIV-1 Rev function. ..
- Chang M, Arneric M, Lingner J. Telomerase repeat addition processivity is increased at critically short telomeres in a Tel1-dependent manner in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2485-94 pubmed..We propose that this enhancement of telomerase processivity at short telomeres serves to rapidly elongate critically short telomeres. ..
- Summermatter S, Mainieri D, Russell A, Seydoux J, Montani J, Buchala A, et al. Thrifty metabolism that favors fat storage after caloric restriction: a role for skeletal muscle phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase activity and AMP-activated protein kinase. FASEB J. 2008;22:774-85 pubmed
- Krapp A, Collin P, Cano Del Rosario E, Simanis V. Homoeostasis between the GTPase Spg1p and its GAP in the regulation of cytokinesis in S. pombe. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:601-8 pubmed publisher..It requires neither association with the SPB nor an active SIN. We propose a mechanism that limits the amount of the Byr4p-Cdc16p GAP to the amount required to inhibit Spg1p signalling. ..
- Eto M, Barandier C, Rathgeb L, Kozai T, Joch H, Yang Z, et al. Thrombin suppresses endothelial nitric oxide synthase and upregulates endothelin-converting enzyme-1 expression by distinct pathways: role of Rho/ROCK and mitogen-activated protein kinase. Circ Res. 2001;89:583-90 pubmed..These effects of thrombin may be important for endothelial dysfunction in cardiovascular disease, particularly during acute coronary episodes. ..
- Iynedjian P. Lack of evidence for a role of TRB3/NIPK as an inhibitor of PKB-mediated insulin signalling in primary hepatocytes. Biochem J. 2005;386:113-8 pubmed..No significant change in mRNA level occurred under any of the hormonal treatments. The present study does not support the hypothesis that the physiological role of TRB3/NIPK might be to put a brake on insulin signalling in hepatocytes. ..
- Niggli V, Schmid M, Nievergelt A. Differential roles of Rho-kinase and myosin light chain kinase in regulating shape, adhesion, and migration of HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:602-8 pubmed..Cells treated first with blebbistatin and then with ML-7 also rounded up, suggesting that effects of MLCK inhibition on HT1080 cell shape and motility are independent of inhibition of myosin activity. ..
- Rossy J, Gutjahr M, Blaser N, Schlicht D, Niggli V. Ezrin/moesin in motile Walker 256 carcinosarcoma cells: signal-dependent relocalization and role in migration. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1106-20 pubmed..Activation of protein kinase C in contrast suppressed phosphorylation of ezrin and moesin. Inhibition of ezrin phosphorylation prevented its membrane association. ..
- Piguet A, Semela D, Keogh A, Wilkens L, Stroka D, Stoupis C, et al. Inhibition of mTOR in combination with doxorubicin in an experimental model of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2008;49:78-87 pubmed publisher..Sirolimus has additive antitumoral and antiangiogenic effects when administered with doxorubicin. These findings offer a rationale for combining mTOR inhibitors with chemotherapy in HCC treatment. ..
- Niederberger C, Schweingruber M. A Schizosaccharomyces pombe gene, ksg1, that shows structural homology to the human phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase PDK1, is essential for growth, mating and sporulation. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:177-83 pubmed..Deletion of the gene is lethal for haploid cells. We propose that ksg1 is involved in one or several phosphoinositide signalling processes that are responsible for control of the life cycle. ..
- Frei C, Gasser S. The yeast Sgs1p helicase acts upstream of Rad53p in the DNA replication checkpoint and colocalizes with Rad53p in S-phase-specific foci. Genes Dev. 2000;14:81-96 pubmed..The association of Rad53p with a chromatin subfraction is Sgs1p dependent, suggesting an important role for the helicase in the signal-transducing pathway that monitors replication fork progression. ..
- Röthlisberger B, Heizmann M, Bargetzi M, Huber A. TRIB1 overexpression in acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;176:58-60 pubmed..These results may indicate a key role of TRIB1 (and MYC) overexpression in the pathogenesis of a certain AML subtype. ..
- Dubrana K, van Attikum H, Hediger F, Gasser S. The processing of double-strand breaks and binding of single-strand-binding proteins RPA and Rad51 modulate the formation of ATR-kinase foci in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4209-20 pubmed..These observations led to a model that links end-processing and competition between different ssDNA-binding factors with Mec1-Ddc2 focus formation and checkpoint activation. ..
- Ellenrieder C, Bartosch B, Lee G, Murphy M, Sweeney C, Hergersberg M, et al. The long form of CDK2 arises via alternative splicing and forms an active protein kinase with cyclins A and E. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:413-23 pubmed publisher..Despite this, we were not able to detect significant expression of CDK2L in human cell lines, although a low level is expressed in COS-1 cells from monkeys...
- Friant S, Lombardi R, Schmelzle T, Hall M, Riezman H. Sphingoid base signaling via Pkh kinases is required for endocytosis in yeast. EMBO J. 2001;20:6783-92 pubmed..The Pkc1p kinase that is phosphorylated by Pkh1/2p kinases and plays a role in endocytosis was identified as one of the downstream effectors of this signaling cascade. ..
- Trochen N, Ganapathipillai S, Ferrari P, Frey B, Frey F. Low prevalence of nonconservative mutations of serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase (SGK1) gene in hypertensive and renal patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2499-504 pubmed
- Scandella E, Men Y, Legler D, Gillessen S, Prikler L, Ludewig B, et al. CCL19/CCL21-triggered signal transduction and migration of dendritic cells requires prostaglandin E2. Blood. 2004;103:1595-601 pubmed..Hence, our data provide insight into CCL19/CCL21-triggered signal transduction pathways and identify a novel function for PGE2 in controlling the migration of mature MoDCs by facilitating CCR7 signal transduction. ..
- Gumy Pause F, Wacker P, Sappino A. ATM gene and lymphoid malignancies. Leukemia. 2004;18:238-42 pubmed
- Verrey F, Loffing J, Zecevic M, Heitzmann D, Staub O. SGK1: aldosterone-induced relay of Na+ transport regulation in distal kidney nephron cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2003;13:21-8 pubmed
- Gumy Pause F, Wacker P, Maillet P, Betts D, Sappino A. ATM alterations in childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2006;166:101-11 pubmed..These observations document a high prevalence of ATM gene and protein expression alterations, suggesting that ATM is involved in childhood NHL. ..
- Hachet O, Simanis V. Mid1p/anillin and the septation initiation network orchestrate contractile ring assembly for cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3205-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data establish that Mid1p and the SIN are the key regulators that orchestrate CAR assembly. ..
- Revesz L, Schlapbach A, Aichholz R, Dawson J, Feifel R, Hawtin S, et al. In vivo and in vitro SAR of tetracyclic MAPKAP-K2 (MK2) inhibitors. Part II. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:4719-23 pubmed publisher..05-0.23 microM), less potent in cells (IC(50)<1.1 microM), but show good oral absorption. Compound 13E (100mg/kg po; bid) showed oral activity in rAIA and mCIA, with significant reduction of swelling and histological score. ..
- Tamaskovic R, Bichsel S, Hemmings B. NDR family of AGC kinases--essential regulators of the cell cycle and morphogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2003;546:73-80 pubmed..melanogaster and C. elegans. In mammalians, the LATS kinase is a tumor suppressor, negatively regulating the cyclin-dependent kinase CDK1, cell proliferation rate, and modulating cell survival. ..
- Azzalin C, Lingner J. The human RNA surveillance factor UPF1 is required for S phase progression and genome stability. Curr Biol. 2006;16:433-9 pubmed..Physical interaction of UPF1 with DNA polymerase delta suggests a role for human UPF1 in DNA synthesis during replication or repair. ..
- Park J, Leong M, Buse P, Maiyar A, Firestone G, Hemmings B. Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) is a target of the PI 3-kinase-stimulated signaling pathway. EMBO J. 1999;18:3024-33 pubmed..Both hyperphosphorylation and nuclear translocation could be inhibited by wortmannin, but not by rapamycin. ..
- Grange Midroit M, Garcia Sevilla J, Ferrer Alcon M, La Harpe R, Walzer C, Guimon J. G protein-coupled receptor kinases, beta-arrestin-2 and associated regulatory proteins in the human brain: postmortem changes, effect of age and subcellular distribution. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;101:39-51 pubmed
- Kohler R, Schmitz D, Cornils H, Hemmings B, Hergovich A. Differential NDR/LATS interactions with the human MOB family reveal a negative role for human MOB2 in the regulation of human NDR kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4507-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that hMOB2 is a negative regulator of human NDR kinases in biochemical and biological settings. ..
- Didichenko S, Tilton B, Hemmings B, Ballmer Hofer K, Thelen M. Constitutive activation of protein kinase B and phosphorylation of p47phox by a membrane-targeted phosphoinositide 3-kinase. Curr Biol. 1996;6:1271-8 pubmed..Targeting of PI 3-kinase to the site of its preferred substrate leads to constitutive stimulus-independent enhanced catalysis and is sufficient to regulate different signal transduction pathways. ..
- Cerutti L, Simanis V. Asymmetry of the spindle pole bodies and spg1p GAP segregation during mitosis in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 14):2313-21 pubmed..Moreover, the spindle pole bodies appear to be non-equivalent even after division has been completed. ..
- Hilti N, Baumann D, Schweingruber A, Bigler P, Schweingruber M. Gene ste20 controls amiloride sensitivity and fertility in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Curr Genet. 1999;35:585-92 pubmed..In addition the ste20 mutants are methylamine-sensitive, exhibit enhanced medium acidification and are defective in the utilization of gycerol as a carbon source. ..
- Gaide O, Favier B, Legler D, Bonnet D, Brissoni B, Valitutti S, et al. CARMA1 is a critical lipid raft-associated regulator of TCR-induced NF-kappa B activation. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:836-43 pubmed..Together, our data show that CARMA1 is a critical lipid raft-associated regulator of TCR-induced NF-kappa B activation and CD28 costimulation-dependent Jnk activation. ..
- Chichester C, Nikitin F, Ravarini J, Lisacek F. Consistency checks for characterizing protein forms. Comput Biol Chem. 2003;27:29-35 pubmed
- Flores S, Loffing Cueni D, Kamynina E, Daidié D, Gerbex C, Chabanel S, et al. Aldosterone-induced serum and glucocorticoid-induced kinase 1 expression is accompanied by Nedd4-2 phosphorylation and increased Na+ transport in cortical collecting duct cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2279-87 pubmed..Hence, these data provide evidence in cortical collecting duct cells in vitro and in vivo that Sgk1-dependent phosphorylation of Nedd4-2 is part of the aldosterone response. ..
- Mulet J, Martin D, Loewith R, Hall M. Mutual antagonism of target of rapamycin and calcineurin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33000-7 pubmed..Thus, TORC2-SLM signaling negatively regulates calcineurin, and calcineurin negatively regulates TORC2-SLM. These findings provide a molecular basis for the mutual antagonism of growth and stress. ..
- Heussler V, Rottenberg S, Schwab R, Küenzi P, Fernandez P, McKellar S, et al. Hijacking of host cell IKK signalosomes by the transforming parasite Theileria. Science. 2002;298:1033-6 pubmed..Our findings provide insights into IKK activation and how pathogens subvert host-cell signaling pathways...
- Duncker B, Shimada K, Tsai Pflugfelder M, Pasero P, Gasser S. An N-terminal domain of Dbf4p mediates interaction with both origin recognition complex (ORC) and Rad53p and can deregulate late origin firing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16087-92 pubmed..Moreover, its overexpression perturbs the regulation of late, but not early, origin firing in wild-type cells after treatment with hydroxyurea. ..
- Fedier A, Schlamminger M, Schwarz V, Haller U, Howell S, Fink D. Loss of atm sensitises p53-deficient cells to topoisomerase poisons and antimetabolites. Ann Oncol. 2003;14:938-45 pubmed..Tumour-targeted functional inhibition of ATM may be a valuable strategy for increasing the efficacy of anticancer agents in the treatment of p53-mutant cancers. ..
- Meylan E, Curran J, Hofmann K, Moradpour D, Binder M, Bartenschlager R, et al. Cardif is an adaptor protein in the RIG-I antiviral pathway and is targeted by hepatitis C virus. Nature. 2005;437:1167-72 pubmed..Cardif thus functions as an adaptor, linking the cytoplasmic dsRNA receptor RIG-I to the initiation of antiviral programmes. ..
- Schlange T, Matsuda Y, Lienhard S, Huber A, Hynes N. Autocrine WNT signaling contributes to breast cancer cell proliferation via the canonical WNT pathway and EGFR transactivation. Breast Cancer Res. 2007;9:R63 pubmed..These findings suggest that interference with WNT signaling at the ligand-receptor level in combination with other targeted therapies may improve the efficiency of breast cancer treatments. ..
- Thome M, Hofmann K, Burns K, Martinon F, Bodmer J, Mattmann C, et al. Identification of CARDIAK, a RIP-like kinase that associates with caspase-1. Curr Biol. 1998;8:885-8 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that CARDIAK may be involved in NF-kappa B/JNK signaling and in the generation of the proinflammatory cytokine IL-1 beta through activation of caspase-1. ..
- Feki A, Jefford C, Berardi P, Wu J, Cartier L, Krause K, et al. BARD1 induces apoptosis by catalysing phosphorylation of p53 by DNA-damage response kinase. Oncogene. 2005;24:3726-36 pubmed
- Zemp I, Wild T, O Donohue M, Wandrey F, Widmann B, Gleizes P, et al. Distinct cytoplasmic maturation steps of 40S ribosomal subunit precursors require hRio2. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1167-80 pubmed publisher..In contrast, hRio2 kinase activity is essential for the recycling of hDim2, hLtv1, and hNob1 as well as for 18S-E pre-rRNA processing. Thus, hRio2 is involved in late 40S maturation at several distinct steps. ..
- Sohrmann M, Schmidt S, Hagan I, Simanis V. Asymmetric segregation on spindle poles of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe septum-inducing protein kinase Cdc7p. Genes Dev. 1998;12:84-94 pubmed..Deregulated septation in mutant cells correlates with segregation of Cdc7p to both spindle poles. ..
- Fry A, Mayor T, Meraldi P, Stierhof Y, Tanaka K, Nigg E. C-Nap1, a novel centrosomal coiled-coil protein and candidate substrate of the cell cycle-regulated protein kinase Nek2. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:1563-74 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose a model implicating both Nek2 and C-Nap1 in the regulation of centriole-centriole cohesion during the cell cycle. ..
- Rottenberg S, Schmuckli Maurer J, Grimm S, Heussler V, Dobbelaere D. Characterization of the bovine IkappaB kinases (IKK)alpha and IKKbeta, the regulatory subunit NEMO and their substrate IkappaBalpha. Gene. 2002;299:293-300 pubmed..Finally, a yeast two-hybrid analysis showed that bovine NEMO molecules, in addition to the binding to IKKalpha and IKKbeta, also strongly interact with each other. ..
- Di Poï N, Michalik L, Tan N, Desvergne B, Wahli W. The anti-apoptotic role of PPARbeta contributes to efficient skin wound healing. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;85:257-65 pubmed..Finally, comparison of PPARbeta and Akt1 knock-out mice reveals many similarities, and suggests that the ability of PPARbeta to modulate the Akt1 pathway has significant impact during skin wound healing. ..
- Ahuja P, Perriard E, Pedrazzini T, Satoh S, Perriard J, Ehler E. Re-expression of proteins involved in cytokinesis during cardiac hypertrophy. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1270-83 pubmed
- Maier S, Lutz R, Gelman L, Sarasa Renedo A, Schenk S, Grashoff C, et al. Tenascin-C induction by cyclic strain requires integrin-linked kinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1150-62 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ILK is selectively required for the induction of specific genes by mechanical stimulation via RhoA-mediated pathways. ..
- Maerki S, Olma M, Staubli T, Steigemann P, Gerlich D, Quadroni M, et al. The Cul3-KLHL21 E3 ubiquitin ligase targets aurora B to midzone microtubules in anaphase and is required for cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:791-800 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that different Cul3 adaptors nonredundantly regulate aurora B during mitosis, possibly by ubiquitinating different pools of aurora B at distinct subcellular localizations. ..
- Vincent S, Ruberte E, Grieder N, Chen C, Haerry T, Schuh R, et al. DPP controls tracheal cell migration along the dorsoventral body axis of the Drosophila embryo. Development. 1997;124:2741-50 pubmed..It is required to control the dorsal expression of the BNL ligand; in addition, the DPP signal recruits groups of dorsal and ventral tracheal cells and programs them to migrate in dorsal and ventral directions. ..
- Helliwell S, Schmidt A, Ohya Y, Hall M. The Rho1 effector Pkc1, but not Bni1, mediates signalling from Tor2 to the actin cytoskeleton. Curr Biol. 1998;8:1211-4 pubmed..Thus, Tor2 signals to the actin cytoskeleton via Rho1, Pkc1 and the cell integrity MAP kinase cascade. ..
- D Atri F, Citi S. Molecular complexity of vertebrate tight junctions (Review). Mol Membr Biol. 2002;19:103-12 pubmed..How these molecules functionally interact to provide TJ with their functions, and what roles these molecules play in control of cell growth and differentiation is a fundamental problem in cell biology. ..
- Grossi M, Hiou Feige A, Tommasi di Vignano A, Calautti E, Ostano P, Lee S, et al. Negative control of keratinocyte differentiation by Rho/CRIK signaling coupled with up-regulation of KyoT1/2 (FHL1) expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11313-8 pubmed..Thus, Rho signaling exerts an unexpectedly complex role in keratinocyte differentiation, which is coupled with induction of KyoT1/2, a LIM domain protein gene with a potentially important role in control of cell self renewal. ..
- Knauf U, Tschopp C, Gram H. Negative regulation of protein translation by mitogen-activated protein kinase-interacting kinases 1 and 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5500-11 pubmed..Instead, we propose that the kinase activity of MNKs, eventually through phosphorylation of eIF4E, may serve to limit cap-dependent translation under physiological conditions. ..
- Debonneville C, Flores S, Kamynina E, Plant P, Tauxe C, Thomas M, et al. Phosphorylation of Nedd4-2 by Sgk1 regulates epithelial Na(+) channel cell surface expression. EMBO J. 2001;20:7052-9 pubmed..Moreover, they suggest a novel and complete signaling cascade for aldosterone-dependent regulation of ENaC. ..
- Hergovich A, Lamla S, Nigg E, Hemmings B. Centrosome-associated NDR kinase regulates centrosome duplication. Mol Cell. 2007;25:625-34 pubmed..Overall, considering that centrosome overduplication is linked to cellular transformation, our observations may also provide a molecular link between mammalian NDR kinases and cancer. ..
- Nellen D, Affolter M, Basler K. Receptor serine/threonine kinases implicated in the control of Drosophila body pattern by decapentaplegic. Cell. 1994;78:225-37 pubmed..We propose that specification of distinct cell fates in response to different concentrations of dpp may be achieved combinatorially by the sax and tkv receptors. ..
- Stocker H, Andjelkovic M, Oldham S, Laffargue M, Wymann M, Hemmings B, et al. Living with lethal PIP3 levels: viability of flies lacking PTEN restored by a PH domain mutation in Akt/PKB. Science. 2002;295:2088-91 pubmed..Thus, Akt appears to be the only critical target activated by increased PIP3 concentrations in Drosophila. ..
- Feng J, Park J, Cron P, Hess D, Hemmings B. Identification of a PKB/Akt hydrophobic motif Ser-473 kinase as DNA-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41189-96 pubmed..We conclude that DNA-PK is a long sought after kinase responsible for the Ser-473 phosphorylation step in the activation of PKB...
- Wanke V, Cameroni E, Uotila A, Piccolis M, Urban J, Loewith R, et al. Caffeine extends yeast lifespan by targeting TORC1. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:277-85 pubmed publisher..This kinase cascade appears to have been evolutionarily conserved, suggesting that caffeine may extend lifespan in other eukaryotes, including man. ..
- Schmidt A, Beck T, Koller A, Kunz J, Hall M. The TOR nutrient signalling pathway phosphorylates NPR1 and inhibits turnover of the tryptophan permease. EMBO J. 1998;17:6924-31 pubmed..Thus, the TOR nutrient signalling pathway also controls growth by inhibiting a stationary phase (G0) programme. The control of NPR1 by TOR is analogous to the control of p70 s6 kinase and 4E-BP1 by mTOR in mammalian cells. ..
- Ribaux P, Iynedjian P. Analysis of the role of protein kinase B (cAKT) in insulin-dependent induction of glucokinase and sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 (SREBP1) mRNAs in hepatocytes. Biochem J. 2003;376:697-705 pubmed..The stimulation of gene expression by constitutively active PKB-CaaX and inhibition of the insulin effect by ceramide are compatible with a role for PKB in the insulin-dependent induction of GCK and SREBP1. ..
- Yu Z, Schumacher M, Frey B, Frey F, Vogt B. Regulation of epithelial sodium channel in puromycin aminonucleoside-induced unilateral experimental nephrotic syndrome in normal and analbuminemic Nagase rats. Nephron Physiol. 2005;101:p51-62 pubmed..ENaC mRNA and protein expression are not increased in the early phase of unilateral PAN-induced NS. Sgk1, Nedd4-2 and analbuminemia are not important regulatory factors of ENaC protein expression in experimental NS. ..
- Hergovich A, Schmitz D, Hemmings B. The human tumour suppressor LATS1 is activated by human MOB1 at the membrane. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:50-8 pubmed
- Ribaux P, Gjinovci A, Sadowski H, Iynedjian P. Discrimination between signaling pathways in regulation of specific gene expression by insulin and growth hormone in hepatocytes. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3766-72 pubmed..Additionally, the current results show that signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 activation is neither necessary nor sufficient for the insulin-dependent induction of hepatic glucokinase. ..
- Loffing J, Flores S, Staub O. Sgk kinases and their role in epithelial transport. Annu Rev Physiol. 2006;68:461-90 pubmed..In this review we first discuss the molecular, cellular, and regulatory aspects of Sgk1 and its paralogs. We then discuss its roles in the physiology and pathophysiology of epithelial ion transport. ..
- Hafen E, Dickson B, Brunner T, Raabe T. Genetic dissection of signal transduction mediated by the sevenless receptor tyrosine kinase in Drosophila. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 1993;340:273-8 pubmed..In contrast to the receptor and its ligand, these components are shared between different signal transduction pathways not only in Drosophila but are also homologous to components involved in signal transduction in other organisms. ..
- Dickson B, van der Straten A, Dominguez M, Hafen E. Mutations Modulating Raf signaling in Drosophila eye development. Genetics. 1996;142:163-71 pubmed..We present the results of this screen in detail, as well as a preliminary genetic analysis of the six loci still to be characterized molecularly. ..
- van der Straten A, Rommel C, Dickson B, Hafen E. The heat shock protein 83 (Hsp83) is required for Raf-mediated signalling in Drosophila. EMBO J. 1997;16:1961-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that Hsp83 is essential for Raf function in vivo. ..
- Park J, Hill M, Hess D, Brazil D, Hofsteenge J, Hemmings B. Identification of tyrosine phosphorylation sites on 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 and their role in regulating kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37459-71 pubmed..Thus, these data suggest that PDK1 activity is regulated by reversible phosphorylation, possibly by a member of the Src kinase family. ..
- Muller O, Parnova R, Centeno G, Rossier B, Firsov D, Horisberger J. Mineralocorticoid effects in the kidney: correlation between alphaENaC, GILZ, and Sgk-1 mRNA expression and urinary excretion of Na+ and K+. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1107-15 pubmed
- Tran H, Maurer F, Nagamine Y. Stabilization of urokinase and urokinase receptor mRNAs by HuR is linked to its cytoplasmic accumulation induced by activated mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7177-88 pubmed..These results indicate a role for HuR and MK2 in regulating the expression of uPA and uPAR genes at the posttranscriptional level. ..
- Gresko E, Möller A, Roscic A, Schmitz M. Covalent modification of human homeodomain interacting protein kinase 2 by SUMO-1 at lysine 25 affects its stability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1293-9 pubmed..The N-terminal SUMO-1 modification site is conserved between all vertebrate HIPK2 proteins and is found in all members of the HIPK family of protein kinases. Accordingly, also human HIPK3 is modified by sumoylation. ..
- Hergovich A, Bichsel S, Hemmings B. Human NDR kinases are rapidly activated by MOB proteins through recruitment to the plasma membrane and phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8259-72 pubmed..We provide insight into a potential in vivo mechanism of NDR activation through rapid recruitment to the plasma membrane mediated by hMOBs. ..
- Didierlaurent A, Brissoni B, Velin D, Aebi N, Tardivel A, Käslin E, et al. Tollip regulates proinflammatory responses to interleukin-1 and lipopolysaccharide. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:735-42 pubmed..Tollip therefore controls the magnitude of inflammatory cytokine production in response to IL-1beta and LPS. ..
- Gresko E, Roscic A, Ritterhoff S, Vichalkovski A, Del Sal G, Schmitz M. Autoregulatory control of the p53 response by caspase-mediated processing of HIPK2. EMBO J. 2006;25:1883-94 pubmed..The active HIPK2 fragments are further degraded during the execution and termination phase of apoptosis, thus ensuring the occurrence of HIPK2 signaling only during the early phases of apoptosis induction. ..
- Falk S, Wurdak H, Ittner L, Ille F, Sumara G, Schmid M, et al. Brain area-specific effect of TGF-beta signaling on Wnt-dependent neural stem cell expansion. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;2:472-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF-beta signaling controls the size of a specific brain area, the dorsal midbrain, by antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling and negatively regulating self-renewal of neuroepithelial stem cells. ..
- O Hare H, Duran R, Cerveñansky C, Bellinzoni M, Wehenkel A, Pritsch O, et al. Regulation of glutamate metabolism by protein kinases in mycobacteria. Mol Microbiol. 2008;70:1408-23 pubmed publisher..Previous reports of a defect in glutamate metabolism caused by pknG deletion may thus be explained by the effect of unphosphorylated GarA on these two enzyme activities, which may also contribute to the attenuation of virulence. ..
- Toso A, Winter J, Garrod A, Amaro A, Meraldi P, McAinsh A. Kinetochore-generated pushing forces separate centrosomes during bipolar spindle assembly. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:365-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that two mechanisms control centrosome separation during prometaphase: an aurora A-dependent pathway and a kinetochore-dependent pathway that relies on k-fiber-generated pushing forces. ..
- Bouzakri K, Ribaux P, Halban P. Silencing mitogen-activated protein 4 kinase 4 (MAP4K4) protects beta cells from tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced decrease of IRS-2 and inhibition of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27892-8 pubmed publisher..We thus identify MAP4K4 as a key upstream mediator of TNF-alpha action on the beta cell, making it a potential therapeutic target for preservation of beta cell function in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Binda M, Péli Gulli M, Bonfils G, Panchaud N, Urban J, Sturgill T, et al. The Vam6 GEF controls TORC1 by activating the EGO complex. Mol Cell. 2009;35:563-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its regulatory role in homotypic vacuolar fusion and vacuole protein sorting within the HOPS complex, Vam6 also controls TORC1 function by activating the Gtr1 subunit of the EGO complex. ..
- Kunz S, Ziegler U, Kunz B, Sonderegger P. Intracellular signaling is changed after clustering of the neural cell adhesion molecules axonin-1 and NgCAM during neurite fasciculation. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:253-67 pubmed..Thus, axonin-1 and NgCAM trigger distinctive intracellular signals during in vitro differentiation depending on their state of association. ..
- Fry A, Meraldi P, Nigg E. A centrosomal function for the human Nek2 protein kinase, a member of the NIMA family of cell cycle regulators. EMBO J. 1998;17:470-81 pubmed..Moreover, they indicate that one function of mammalian Nek2 relates to the centrosome cycle and thus provide a new perspective on the role of NIMA-related kinases. ..
- Millward T, Zolnierowicz S, Hemmings B. Regulation of protein kinase cascades by protein phosphatase 2A. Trends Biochem Sci. 1999;24:186-91 pubmed..There is increasing evidence that PP2A activity is regulated by extracellular signals and during the cell cycle. Thus, PP2A is likely to play an important role in determining the activation kinetics of protein kinase cascades. ..