Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein conformation in Japan
Topic: protein conformation
Publications386 found, 100 shown here
- Niki H, Imamura R, Kitaoka M, Yamanaka K, Ogura T, Hiraga S. E.coli MukB protein involved in chromosome partition forms a homodimer with a rod-and-hinge structure having DNA binding and ATP/GTP binding activities. EMBO J. 1992;11:5101-9 pubmed..Photoaffinity cross-linking experiments showed that MukB binds to ATP and GTP in the presence of Zn2+. Throughout the purification steps, acyl carrier protein was co-purified with MukB. ..
- Suzuki M, Ario T, Hattori T, Nakamura K, Asahi T. Isolation and characterization of two tightly linked catalase genes from castor bean that are differentially regulated. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:507-16 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of two tightly linked catalase genes of castor bean, cat1 and cat2, are differentially regulated during development...
- Handa N, Nureki O, Kurimoto K, Kim I, Sakamoto H, Shimura Y, et al. Structural basis for recognition of the tra mRNA precursor by the Sex-lethal protein. Nature. 1999;398:579-85 pubmed..This structure offers the first insight, to our knowledge, into how a protein binds specifically to a cognate RNA without any intramolecular base-pairing. ..
- Okamura Ikeda K, Fujiwara K, Motokawa Y. The amino-terminal region of the Escherichia coli T-protein of the glycine cleavage system is essential for proper association with H-protein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;264:446-53 pubmed..These results suggest that EH, when it interacts with ET, causes a change in conformation of ET and that the N-terminal region of ET is essential for the conformational change leading to the proper interaction with EH. ..
- Saito H, Inoue T. RNA and RNP as new molecular parts in synthetic biology. J Biotechnol. 2007;132:1-7 pubmed..Thus we hope that newly accumulating knowledge on naturally occurring RNAs and RNP complexes will provide a variety of new parts, devices and systems for synthetic biology. ..
- Masujin K, Shu Y, Yamakawa Y, Hagiwara K, Sata T, Matsuura Y, et al. Biological and biochemical characterization of L-type-like bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) detected in Japanese black beef cattle. Prion. 2008;2:123-8 pubmed..2 +/- 3.1 days). This result implies that BSE/JP24 prion has newly emerged and showed the possibility that L-type BSE prion might be classified into multiple strains. ..
- Hakamata W, Kurihara M, Okuda H, Nishio T, Oku T. Design and screening strategies for alpha-glucosidase inhibitors based on enzymological information. Curr Top Med Chem. 2009;9:3-12 pubmed
- Masu M, Tanabe Y, Tsuchida K, Shigemoto R, Nakanishi S. Sequence and expression of a metabotropic glutamate receptor. Nature. 1991;349:760-5 pubmed
- Hisatake K, Nishimura T, Maeda Y, Hanada K, Song C, Muramatsu M. Cloning and structural analysis of cDNA and the gene for mouse transcription factor UBF. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4631-7 pubmed..The mRNA of mUBF1 was expressed one half of the mUBF2 in quiescent mouse fibroblasts but reached the same amount in growing state. ..
- Nagai M, Yoneyama Y, Kitagawa T. Characteristics in tyrosine coordinations of four hemoglobins M probed by resonance Raman spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 1989;28:2418-22 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Tomoyasu T, Yamanaka K, Murata K, Suzaki T, Bouloc P, Kato A, et al. Topology and subcellular localization of FtsH protein in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:1352-7 pubmed..The average number of FtsH molecules per cell was estimated to be approximately 400. ..
- Yamamoto K, Kobayashi H, Miura O, Hirosawa S, Miyasaka N. Assignment of IL12RB1 and IL12RB2, interleukin-12 receptor beta 1 and beta 2 chains, to human chromosome 19 band p13.1 and chromosome 1 band p31.2, respectively, by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;77:257-8 pubmed
- Yoon H, Hashimoto W, Miyake O, Murata K, Mikami B. Crystal structure of alginate lyase A1-III complexed with trisaccharide product at 2.0 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 2001;307:9-16 pubmed..The catalytic residue was estimated to be Tyr246, which existed between subsites -1 and +1 based on a mannuronic acid model oriented at subsite +1. ..
- Jitsuhara Y, Toyoda T, Itai T, Yamaguchi H. Chaperone-like functions of high-mannose type and complex-type N-glycans and their molecular basis. J Biochem. 2002;132:803-11 pubmed..The processing of high-mannose type N-glycans to complex-type ones seems to be an ingenious device to enable the N-glycans to perform these two chaperone-like functions. ..
- Quan J, Takizawa S, Adur J, Nara E, Uchide T, Saida K. Structure of the precursor of Xenopus laevis endothelin-3 and phylogenetic analysis. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2004;44 Suppl 1:S260-4 pubmed..This is the first report of the cDNA encoding the precursor protein of ET-3 in a non-mammalian species. ..
- Ikenoue T, Kanai F, Hikiba Y, Obata T, Tanaka Y, Imamura J, et al. Functional analysis of PIK3CA gene mutations in human colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4562-7 pubmed..These results show that almost all the colon cancer-associated PIK3CA mutations are functionally active so that they are likely to be involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Tokuhisa H, Shingai H, Hiraishi T, Houjou H, Kanesato M, et al. Interaction force of chitin-binding domains onto chitin surface. Biomacromolecules. 2008;9:2126-31 pubmed publisher..The force curve analyses indicate that the binding force of ChBD2 is stronger than that of ChBD1. This result suggests that ChBD1 and ChBD2 play different roles in adsorption onto chitin surface. ..
- Hiki Y. O-linked oligosaccharides of the IgA1 hinge region: roles of its aberrant structure in the occurrence and/or progression of IgA nephropathy. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2009;13:415-423 pubmed publisher..Clin Ex Nephrol 12:332-338, 2008), this review focuses on the process by which I developed the idea of aberrant O-glycosylation in IgA1 molecules in IgAN patients and summarizes our recent observations concerning IgA1 molecules. ..
- Matsuo K, Namatame H, Taniguchi M, Gekko K. Membrane-induced conformational change of alpha1-acid glycoprotein characterized by vacuum-ultraviolet circular dichroism spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2009;48:9103-11 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first sequence-level information on the membrane-binding mechanism and structure-function relationship of AGP. ..
- Osawa T, Kimura S, Terasaka N, Inanaga H, Suzuki T, Numata T. Structural basis of tRNA agmatinylation essential for AUA codon decoding. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1275-80 pubmed publisher..These observations also provide the structural dynamics for agm(2)C formation. ..
- Okada S, Yamamoto T, Watanabe H, Nishimoto T, Chaen H, Fukuda S, et al. Structural and mutational analysis of substrate recognition in kojibiose phosphorylase. FEBS J. 2014;281:778-86 pubmed publisher..Activity measurements of the mutants against four substrates indicated that Trp391 and Glu392, especially the latter, are required for the kojibiose activity. ..
- Sugawa M, Okazaki K, Kobayashi M, Matsui T, Hummer G, Masaike T, et al. F1-ATPase conformational cycle from simultaneous single-molecule FRET and rotation measurements. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2916-24 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new view of tripartite coupling among chemical reactions, stator conformations, and rotary angles in F1-ATPase. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanayama H, Tamura T, Lee D, Kumatori A, Fujiwara T, et al. cDNA cloning and sequencing of component C8 of proteasomes from rat hepatoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;171:676-83 pubmed..C8 showed particularly close structural similarity to component YC1 of yeast proteasomes, suggesting that C8 has been highly conserved during evolution and functions ubiquitously in all eukaryotes. ..
- Yanagisawa T, Lee J, Wu H, Kawakami M. Relationship of protein structure of isoleucyl-tRNA synthetase with pseudomonic acid resistance of Escherichia coli. A proposed mode of action of pseudomonic acid as an inhibitor of isoleucyl-tRNA synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24304-9 pubmed
- Fujimoto Z, Takase K, Doui N, Momma M, Matsumoto T, Mizuno H. Crystal structure of a catalytic-site mutant alpha-amylase from Bacillus subtilis complexed with maltopentaose. J Mol Biol. 1998;277:393-407 pubmed..2 A2 among the five sugar residues. Three calcium ions are found, one of which is positioned near the substrate binding site as found in other alpha-amylases and could contribute to stabilization of the structure of the active site. ..
- Higuti T, Tsurumi C, Osaka F, Kawamura Y, Tsujita H, Yoshihara Y, et al. Molecular cloning of cDNA for the import precursor of human subunit B of H(+)-ATP synthase in mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;178:1014-20 pubmed..The presequence of 42 amino acids could be the import signal peptide for directing the protein into the mitochondrial matrix. ..
- Kuwata O, Imamoto Y, Okano T, Kokame K, Kojima D, Matsumoto H, et al. The primary structure of iodopsin, a chicken red-sensitive cone pigment. FEBS Lett. 1990;272:128-32 pubmed
- Imanaka T, Lee S, Takagi M, Fujiwara S. Aspartyl-tRNA synthetase of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus sp. KOD1 has a chimerical structure of eukaryotic and bacterial enzymes. Gene. 1995;164:153-6 pubmed..These results suggest that archaeon AspRS has a eukaryotic-type catalytic mechanism without forming the HMW complex. This is the first example which shows that an archaeal protein possesses eukaryotic and bacterial features...
- Miyazaki T, Sagawa R, Honma T, Noguchi S, Harada T, Komatsuda A, et al. 73-kDa molecular chaperone HSP73 is a direct target of antibiotic gentamicin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17295-300 pubmed
- Rohaim A, Kawasaki M, Kato R, Dikic I, Wakatsuki S. Structure of a compact conformation of linear diubiquitin. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2012;68:102-8 pubmed publisher..This structure differs from the previously reported extended conformation, which resembles Lys63-linked diubiquitin, suggesting that the linear polyubiquitin chain is intrinsically flexible and can adopt multiple conformations. ..
- Yamada T, Kurihara K, Ohnishi Y, Tamada T, Tomoyori K, Masumi K, et al. Neutron and X-ray crystallographic analysis of the human ?-thrombin-bivalirudin complex at pD 5.0: protonation states and hydration structure of the enzyme-product complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:1532-8 pubmed publisher..In addition to the active site, the hydration structures of the S1 subsite and the Exosite I, which are involved in the recognition of bivalirudin, are presented. ..
- Sakai M, Kankanamge P, Shoji J, Kawata S, Tochikura T, Kawai A. Studies on the conditions required for structural and functional maturation of rabies virus glycoprotein (G) in G cDNA-transfected cells. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:853-64 pubmed..5 m M NaB not only stimulates G protein production, but also provides such cellular conditions as are required for the structural and functional maturation of the protein. ..
- Ihara K, Muraguchi S, Kato M, Shimizu T, Shirakawa M, Kuroda S, et al. Crystal structure of human RhoA in a dominantly active form complexed with a GTP analogue. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9656-66 pubmed..These structural differences provide an insight into specific interaction sites with the effectors, as well as with modulators such as guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) and guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor (GDI). ..
- Kon T, Shima T, Sutoh K. Protein engineering approaches to study the dynein mechanism using a Dictyostelium expression system. Methods Cell Biol. 2009;92:65-82 pubmed publisher..One is for detection of dynein's conformational changes during the ATPase cycle. Another is an in vitro motility assay at multiple- and single-molecule levels for examination of the dynamic behavior of dynein moving on a microtubule. ..
- Sakamuro D, Yamazoe M, Matsuda Y, Kangawa K, Taniguchi N, Matsuo H, et al. The primary structure of human gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Gene. 1988;73:1-9 pubmed..Six putative N-glycosylation sites are present in the heavy subunit region and one in the light subunit region. Primary structure and hydrophobicity profile are closely similar to those of rat GGT. ..
- Mio K, Kubo Y, Ogura T, Yamamoto T, Sato C. Visualization of the trimeric P2X2 receptor with a crown-capped extracellular domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:998-1005 pubmed..The threefold symmetrical top view demonstrates the first visual evidence of the trimeric composition of the P2X receptor family. ..
- Ishikawa K, Nakamura T, Koga Y. Cross-checking of nanoelectrospray ionization mass spectrometry and computer simulation for the evaluation of the interaction strength of non-covalently bound enkephalins in solution. J Mass Spectrom. 2001;36:937-42 pubmed..The agreement of the results from the two techniques suggested that nanoESI experiments, at least qualitatively, reflected the relative interaction strengths of non-covalently bound enkephalins in aqueous solution. ..
- Matsuo H, Shirakawa M, Kyogoku Y. Three-dimensional dimer structure of the lambda-Cro repressor in solution as determined by heteronuclear multidimensional NMR. J Mol Biol. 1995;254:668-80 pubmed..It is suggested that the solution dimer structure is distorted to fit the recognition helices in the major grooves of DNA on complex formation. ..
- Matsuoka K, Seta K, Yamakawa Y, Okuyama T, Shinoda T, Isobe T. Covalent structure of bovine brain calreticulin. Biochem J. 1994;298 ( Pt 2):435-42 pubmed..Analysis of the purified protein also identified an intramolecular disulphide bridge between Cys120 and Cys146. ..
- Akiba I, Kubo T, Maeda A, Bujo H, Nakai J, Mishina M, et al. Primary structure of porcine muscarinic acetylcholine receptor III and antagonist binding studies. FEBS Lett. 1988;235:257-61 pubmed..The antagonist binding properties of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor III expressed from the cloned DNA in Xenopus oocytes correspond most closely to those of the pharmacologically defined M2 glandular (III) subtype. ..
- Ozawa M, Muramatsu T. Reticulocalbin, a novel endoplasmic reticulum resident Ca(2+)-binding protein with multiple EF-hand motifs and a carboxyl-terminal HDEL sequence. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:699-705 pubmed..A mutant protein lacking the HDEL sequence produced by in vitro mutagenesis has been shown to be secreted into medium in transient expression assays. ..
- Murata T, Nitta M, Yasuda K. Transcription factor CP2 is essential for lens-specific expression of the chicken alphaA-crystallin gene. Genes Cells. 1998;3:443-57 pubmed..We propose a model where cCP2 cooperates with a putative lens-specific factor which binds to LSE. ..
- Koike R, Kidera A, Ota M. Alteration of oligomeric state and domain architecture is essential for functional transformation between transferase and hydrolase with the same scaffold. Protein Sci. 2009;18:2060-6 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights into how proteins have evolved and acquired distinct functions with a limited number of scaffolds. ..
- Watahiki M, Tanaka M, Masuda N, Sugisaki K, Yamamoto M, Yamakawa M, et al. Primary structure of chicken pituitary prolactin deduced from the cDNA sequence. Conserved and specific amino acid residues in the domains of the prolactins. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5535-9 pubmed..On the other hand, 13 other residues distributed among all four domains are conserved almost exclusively in the PRLs, suggesting that these residues are indispensable for specific binding of the PRLs to their receptors. ..
- Tamura H, Schild L, Enomoto N, Matsui N, Marumo F, Rossier B. Liddle disease caused by a missense mutation of beta subunit of the epithelial sodium channel gene. J Clin Invest. 1996;97:1780-4 pubmed..Our data suggest that the region between Pro616 and Tyr618 is critically important for regulation of ENaC activity. ..
- Mikami Y, Yoshida T, Matsuda N, Mishina M. Expression of zebrafish glutamate receptor delta2 in neurons with cerebellum-like wiring. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:168-76 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of zebrafish GluRdelta2 is selective for cerebellum-like neural wiring with large numbers of parallel fiber inputs. ..
- Umeki N, Hirose K, Uyeda T. Cofilin-induced cooperative conformational changes of actin subunits revealed using cofilin-actin fusion protein. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20406 pubmed publisher..5 and low ionic strength, suggesting that the structural difference between the actin moiety in the fusion protein and control actin is pH-sensitive. ..
- Kamitani S, Akiyama Y, Ito K. Identification and characterization of an Escherichia coli gene required for the formation of correctly folded alkaline phosphatase, a periplasmic enzyme. EMBO J. 1992;11:57-62 pubmed..PhoA synthesized in the mutants indeed lacked disulfide bridges. These results indicate that the folding of PhoA in vivo is not spontaneous but catalyzed at least at the disulfide bond formation step. ..
- Sugaya K, Matsubara S, Miyamoto K, Kawata A, Hayashi H. An aggregate-prone conformational epitope in trinucleotide repeat diseases. Neuroreport. 2003;14:2331-5 pubmed..It provides a possible therapeutic target useful for these disorders...
- Nakayama S, Watanabe T, Takahashi K, Hoshino M, Yoshida M. Comparative study on the active sites of ficin and papain by the spin labeling method. J Biochem. 1987;102:531-5 pubmed
- Fujimoto Z, Kishine N, Suzuki N, Suzuki R, Mizushima D, Momma M, et al. Isomaltooligosaccharide-binding structure of Paenibacillus sp. 598K cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferase. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..The structure indicated that the concave surface between the catalytic domain and PsCBM35-1 plays a guiding route for the long-chained substrate at the cyclization reaction. ..
- Hirotsu S, Abe Y, Okada K, Nagahara N, Hori H, Nishino T, et al. Crystal structure of a multifunctional 2-Cys peroxiredoxin heme-binding protein 23 kDa/proliferation-associated gene product. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:12333-8 pubmed..Several significant structural differences have been found from a 1-Cys peroxiredoxin, ORF6, which lacks the C-terminal conserved cysteine corresponding to Cys-173 of HBP23. ..
- Arimori T, Ito A, Nakazawa M, Ueda M, Tamada T. Crystal structure of endo-1,4-?-glucanase from Eisenia fetida. J Synchrotron Radiat. 2013;20:884-9 pubmed publisher..This structural information helps us understand the catalytic and cold adaptation mechanisms of EF-EG2. ..
- Yoda K, Kitagawa K, Masumoto H, Muro Y, Okazaki T. A human centromere protein, CENP-B, has a DNA binding domain containing four potential alpha helices at the NH2 terminus, which is separable from dimerizing activity. J Cell Biol. 1992;119:1413-27 pubmed..Thus, CENP-B may organize a higher order structure in the centromere by juxtaposing two CENP-B boxes in the alphoid DNA repeat through both the DNA-protein and protein-protein interactions. ..
- Takeda M, Sugimori N, Torizawa T, Terauchi T, Ono A, Yagi H, et al. Structure of the putative 32 kDa myrosinase-binding protein from Arabidopsis (At3g16450.1) determined by SAIL-NMR. FEBS J. 2008;275:5873-84 pubmed publisher..The structure, the first for a MyroBP family member, revealed that the At3g16450.1 protein consists of two independent but similar lectin-fold domains, each composed of three beta-sheets. ..
- Egashira M, Takase H, Yamamoto I, Tanaka M, Saito H. Identification of regions responsible for heparin-induced amyloidogenesis of human serum amyloid A using its fragment peptides. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;511:101-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the N-terminal region plays a crucial role as a rigid core and the central region facilitates the elongation of fibrils in heparin-induced amyloidogenesis of SAA molecule. ..
- Komase K, Kasaoka T, Yoshikawa Y, Sato T, Yamanouchi K. Molecular analysis of structural protein genes of the Yamagata-1 strain of defective subacute sclerosing panencephalitis virus. I. Nucleotide sequence of the nucleoprotein gene. Virus Genes. 1990;4:137-49 pubmed..These results suggest that the NP proteins of SSPE viruses have a common property that is different from MV...
- Yamada K, Sakane F, Matsushima N, Kanoh H. EF-hand motifs of alpha, beta and gamma isoforms of diacylglycerol kinase bind calcium with different affinities and conformational changes. Biochem J. 1997;321 ( Pt 1):59-64 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that DGK alpha, DGK beta and DGK gamma possess EF-hand structures with intrinsic properties different from each other with respect to affinities for Ca2+ and Ca(2+)-induced conformational changes. ..
- Kawakami T, Ohta A, Ohuchi M, Ashigai H, Murakami H, Suga H. Diverse backbone-cyclized peptides via codon reprogramming. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:888-90 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the ribosomal synthesis of several naturally occurring backbone-cyclized peptides and a library based on a bicyclic scaffold, and we identify bioactive sequences by screening and deconvolution. ..
- Miyakoshi H, Miyahara S, Yokogawa T, Chong K, Taguchi J, Endoh K, et al. Synthesis and discovery of N-carbonylpyrrolidine- or N-sulfonylpyrrolidine-containing uracil derivatives as potent human deoxyuridine triphosphatase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2012;55:2960-9 pubmed publisher..27-0.30 ?M), suggesting that our novel dUTPase inhibitors could contribute to the development of chemotherapeutic strategies when used in combination with TS inhibitors. ..
- Hibi T, Kato H, Nishioka T, Oda J, Yamaguchi H, Katsube Y, et al. Use of adenosine (5')polyphospho(5')pyridoxals to study the substrate-binding region of glutathione synthetase from Escherichia coli B. Biochemistry. 1993;32:1548-54 pubmed..These results demonstrate the bivalent binding of AP4-PL lying across the gamma-glutamylcysteine- and ATP-binding sites. ..
- Ozawa M, Huang R, Furukawa T, Muramatsu T. A teratocarcinoma glycoprotein carrying a developmentally regulated carbohydrate marker is a member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:3059-62 pubmed..In contrast to other members of the superfamily, the core protein gene was significantly expressed in embryonal carcinoma cells, which are similar to undifferentiated cells of early embryos. ..
- Katagiri T, Mizoguchi T, Shinozaki K. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding diacylglycerol kinase (DGK) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;30:647-53 pubmed..The ATDGK1 mRNA was detected in roots, shoots, and leaves. Southern blot analysis suggests that the ATDGK1 gene is a single-copy gene. The existence of DGK as well as phospholipase C suggests the existence of PKC in plants. ..
- Fukushima T, Inoue Y, Hayakawa T, Taniguchi K, Miyazaki K, Okahata Y. Preparation of and tissue response to DNA-lipid films. J Dent Res. 2001;80:1772-6 pubmed..There were no inflammatory reactions or inhibition of new tissue formation. We concluded that DNA-lipid films can be prepared by simple methods, and that they do not cause an unfavorable tissue response...
- Saito R, Sato T, Ikai A, Tanaka N. Structure of bovine carbonic anhydrase II at 1.95 A resolution. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:792-5 pubmed..The structure of BCA II reveals a probable alternative proton-wire pathway that differs from that of HCA II. ..
- Cheng M, Angkawidjaja C, Koga Y, Kanaya S. Requirement of lid2 for interfacial activation of a family I.3 lipase with unique two lid structures. FEBS J. 2012;279:3727-3737 pubmed publisher..We propose that the hydrophobic surface area provided by these lids is necessary to hold the micellar substrates firmly to the active site and therefore lid2 is required for interfacial activation of PML. ..
- Kuwahara H, Yamasaki T, Hatakeyama T, Aoyagi H, Fujisawa T. Oligomerization process of the hemolytic lectin CEL-III purified from a sea cucumber, Cucumaria echinata. J Biochem. 2002;131:751-6 pubmed
- Minato Y, Suzuki S, Hara T, Kofuku Y, Kasuya G, Fujiwara Y, et al. Conductance of P2X4 purinergic receptor is determined by conformational equilibrium in the transmembrane region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:4741-6 pubmed publisher..e., the lateral cation access in the extracellular region. ..
- Okamura Ikeda K, Kameoka N, Fujiwara K, Motokawa Y. Probing the H-protein-induced conformational change and the function of the N-terminal region of Escherichia coli T-protein of the glycine cleavage system by limited proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10067-72 pubmed publisher..The polyglutamyl tail of the folate substrate may be inserted into the bosom of the cavity leaving the pteridine ring near the entrance of the cavity in the context of the catalytic reaction...
- Watanabe Nakayama T, Ono K, Itami M, Takahashi R, Teplow D, Yamada M. High-speed atomic force microscopy reveals structural dynamics of amyloid ?1-42 aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5835-40 pubmed publisher..This switching phenomenon was affected by buffer salt composition. Our findings indicate that polymorphism in fibril structure can occur after fibril nucleation and is affected by relatively modest changes in environmental conditions. ..
- Izu H, Adachi O, Yamada M. Purification and characterization of the Escherichia coli thermoresistant glucokinase encoded by the gntK gene. FEBS Lett. 1996;394:14-6 pubmed..4 kDa. These characteristics appear to be distinct from those of the gluconokinase reported by E.I. Vivas, A. Liendo, K. Dawidowicz, and T. Istúriz (1994) J. Basic. Microbiol. 16, 117-122. ..
- Takada I, Yu R, Xu H, Lambert M, Montana V, Kliewer S, et al. Alteration of a single amino acid in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) generates a PPAR delta phenotype. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:733-40 pubmed
- Tsuge H, Sakuraba H, Kobe T, Kujime A, Katunuma N, Ohshima T. Crystal structure of the ADP-dependent glucokinase from Pyrococcus horikoshii at 2.0-A resolution: a large conformational change in ADP-dependent glucokinase. Protein Sci. 2002;11:2456-63 pubmed publisher..The ADP-binding loop (430-439) was disordered in the apo form. It is suggested that a large conformational change takes place during the enzymatic reaction...
- Kihira K, Shimizu Y, Shomura Y, Shibata N, Kitamura M, Nakagawa A, et al. Crystal structure analysis of the translation factor RF3 (release factor 3). FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3705-9 pubmed publisher..We also found that ppGpp decelerates the recycling of RF1 by RF3. These lines of evidence suggest that RF3 functions both as a cellular metabolic sensor and as a regulator. ..
- Gupta V, Liu S, Ando H, Ishii R, Tateno S, Kaneko Y, et al. Salicylic acid induces mitochondrial injury by inhibiting ferrochelatase heme biosynthesis activity. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:824-33 pubmed publisher..This study establishes a novel aspect of the complex pharmacological effects of salicylic acid. ..
- Minagawa J, Mogi T, Gennis R, Anraku Y. Identification of heme and copper ligands in subunit I of the cytochrome bo complex in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:2096-104 pubmed..We present a helical wheel model of the redox center in subunit I, which consists of the membrane-spanning regions II, VI, VII, and X, and discuss the implications of the model...
- Kashiwabuchi N, Ikeda K, Araki K, Hirano T, Shibuki K, Takayama C, et al. Impairment of motor coordination, Purkinje cell synapse formation, and cerebellar long-term depression in GluR delta 2 mutant mice. Cell. 1995;81:245-52 pubmed..These results suggest a close relationship between synaptic plasticity and synapse formation in the cerebellum. ..
- Kasai K, Hirata A, Ohyama T, Nokihara K, Yokoyama T, Mohri S. Novel assay with fluorescence-labelled PrP peptides for differentiating L-type atypical and classical BSEs, and scrapie. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:325-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that fluorescent intensity changes depend on peptide-PrP(Sc) binding. This novel approach may distinguish the fine structural differences in PrP(Sc), which were not detected by the pull-down assay. ..
- Ikeda M, Schmid R, Oesterhelt D. A Cl(-)-translocating adenosinetriphosphatase in Acetabularia acetabulum. 1. Purification and characterization of a novel type of adenosinetriphosphatase that differs from chloroplast F1 adenosinetriphosphatase. Biochemistry. 1990;29:2057-65 pubmed..The CF1-ATPase subcomplexes were isolated from the same organism and compared with the fraction Mono Q-III. Data supported the difference of fraction Mono Q-III from CF1-ATPase...
- Nakashima N, Noda H. Nucleotide sequence of Nilaparvata lugens reovirus genome segment S8 coding for the major outer capsid protein. J Gen Virol. 1994;75 ( Pt 10):2803-6 pubmed..This result indicates that S8 encodes the major outer capsid protein of NLRV. The protein exhibited 18.6% amino acid sequence identity with the predicted translation product of S10 of rice black-streaked dwarf virus. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Kato H, Hata Y, Nishioka T, Kimura A, Oda J, et al. Three-dimensional structure of the glutathione synthetase from Escherichia coli B at 2.0 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 1993;229:1083-100 pubmed..The ATP binding site is surrounded by two sets of the structural motif that belong to those respective domains. Each motif consists of an anti-parallel beta-sheet and a glycine-rich loop. ..
- Kimura C, Ohkubo S, Ogi K, Hosoya M, Itoh Y, Onda H, et al. A novel peptide which stimulates adenylate cyclase: molecular cloning and characterization of the ovine and human cDNAs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;166:81-9 pubmed..Cloning of PACAP38 cDNAs confirms the expression of the corresponding mRNAs and the presence of this neuropeptide in ovine hypothalamus and also in human testis. ..
- Bae S, Takahashi E, Zhang Y, Ogawa E, Shigesada K, Namba Y, et al. Cloning, mapping and expression of PEBP2 alpha C, a third gene encoding the mammalian Runt domain. Gene. 1995;159:245-8 pubmed..11-p36.13 in the human chromosome and encodes a 415-aa protein. PEBP2 alpha C forms a heterodimer with PEBP2 beta, binds to the PEBP2 site and transactivates transcription, similar to PEBP2 alpha A and PEBP2 alpha B. ..
- Fujimura Y, Matsumoto M, Yagi H, Yoshioka A, Matsui T, Titani K. Von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease and Upshaw-Schulman syndrome. Int J Hematol. 2002;75:25-34 pubmed
- Takahashi E, Kobayashi H, Yamanaka H, Nakanishi M, Tateishi A, Abe T, et al. Analysis of carboxy terminal domain of metalloprotease of elastolytic Aeromonas hydrophila. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:1174-82 pubmed..This indicates that the conformation of the C-terminal propeptide domain formed by these specific amino acid residues is important for AMP to express elastolytic activity. ..