Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein biosynthesis in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: protein biosynthesis
Publications516 found, 100 shown here
- Posada J, Sanghera J, Pelech S, Aebersold R, Cooper J. Tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of homologous protein kinases during oocyte maturation and mitogenic activation of fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:2517-28 pubmed
- Baatar D, Jones M, Tsugawa K, Pai R, Moon W, Koh G, et al. Esophageal ulceration triggers expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha and activates vascular endothelial growth factor gene: implications for angiogenesis and ulcer healing. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1449-57 pubmed
- Rouhana L, Wang L, Buter N, Kwak J, Schiltz C, Gonzalez T, et al. Vertebrate GLD2 poly(A) polymerases in the germline and the brain. RNA. 2005;11:1117-30 pubmed..We suggest that mammalian GLD2 poly(A) polymerases are important in synaptic translation, and in polyadenylation throughout the soma. ..
- Jakubowski H. Quality control in tRNA charging. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA. 2012;3:295-310 pubmed publisher..Elevated levels of mistranslation and the synthesis of statistical proteins can be beneficial for pathogens by increasing phenotypic variation essential for the evasion of host defenses. ..
- Chappell V, Busada J, Keiper B, Geyer C. Translational activation of developmental messenger RNAs during neonatal mouse testis development. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that translational control is a significant regulator of the germ cell proteome during neonatal testis development. ..
- Surdej P, Jacobs Lorena M. Developmental regulation of bicoid mRNA stability is mediated by the first 43 nucleotides of the 3' untranslated region. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2892-900 pubmed..quot; Similar mechanisms may regulate a class of developmentally important maternal genes whose mRNA has a temporal profile similar to that of bicoid. ..
- Jones H, Lillard J, Perry R. HmsT, a protein essential for expression of the haemin storage (Hms+) phenotype of Yersinia pestis. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 8):2117-28 pubmed publisher..E. coli MG1655 contains homologues of hmsHFRST (ycdSRQPT) but has an Hms- phenotype. Only ycdQ and ycdP complement mutations in their respective homologues, hmsR and hmsS, in Y. pestis...
- Amiri A, Keiper B, Kawasaki I, Fan Y, Kohara Y, Rhoads R, et al. An isoform of eIF4E is a component of germ granules and is required for spermatogenesis in C. elegans. Development. 2001;128:3899-912 pubmed..Our results suggest that C. elegans spermatogenesis requires either this specific isoform of eIF4E or an elevated level of eIF4E. ..
- McQueeney K, Soufer R, Dealy C. Beta-catenin-dependent Wnt signaling in apical ectodermal ridge induction and FGF8 expression in normal and limbless mutant chick limbs. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:315-25 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that the limbless gene is required for beta-catenin-dependent Wnt signaling in limb ectoderm leading to FGF8 expression and AER formation. ..
- Kuersten S, Segal S, Verheyden J, LaMartina S, Goodwin E. NXF-2, REF-1, and REF-2 affect the choice of nuclear export pathway for tra-2 mRNA in C. elegans. Mol Cell. 2004;14:599-610 pubmed..Furthermore, choice of proper export pathway affects tra-2 translational control. Therefore, tra-2 mRNA export is highly regulated and plays an important role in development by regulating the activity of tra-2 mRNA in the cytoplasm. ..
- Bochkov Y, Palmenberg A. Translational efficiency of EMCV IRES in bicistronic vectors is dependent upon IRES sequence and gene location. Biotechniques. 2006;41:283-4, 286, 288 passim pubmed..The preferred IRES (viral bases 273-845) and the minimum IRES (viral bases 400-836) for optimum activity are illustrated. ..
- Cheng L, Keiler K. Correct timing of dnaA transcription and initiation of DNA replication requires trans translation. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:4268-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the trans translation capacity of the cell is sensed through the dnaA promoter to control the timing of DNA replication initiation. ..
- Ortiz D, Valdes R, Sanchez M, Hayenga J, Elya C, Detke S, et al. Purine restriction induces pronounced translational upregulation of the NT1 adenosine/pyrimidine nucleoside transporter in Leishmania major. Mol Microbiol. 2010;78:108-18 pubmed publisher..These observations imply the existence of a translational control mechanism that enhances the ability of Leishmania parasites to import essential purines when they are present at limiting concentrations. ..
- Maquat L, Hwang J, Sato H, Tang Y. CBP80-promoted mRNP rearrangements during the pioneer round of translation, nonsense-mediated mRNA decay, and thereafter. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2010;75:127-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we overview cellular processes by which CBC-bound mRNPs are remodeled to eIF4E-bound mRNPs. We also describe the molecular movements of certain factors during NMD in view of the influential role of CBP80. ..
- Devaraneni P, Conti B, Matsumura Y, Yang Z, Johnson A, Skach W. Stepwise insertion and inversion of a type II signal anchor sequence in the ribosome-Sec61 translocon complex. Cell. 2011;146:134-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, the RTC coordinates SA topogenesis within a protected environment via sequential energetic transitions of the TM segment...
- So B, An S, Kumar S, Das M, Turner D, Hadad C, et al. Substrate-mediated fidelity mechanism ensures accurate decoding of proline codons. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31810-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we propose that the INS and YbaK domains co-evolved distinct mechanisms involving steric exclusion and thiol-specific chemistry, respectively, to ensure accurate decoding of proline codons. ..
- Anderson S, Nizzi C, Chang Y, Deck K, Schmidt P, Galy B, et al. The IRP1-HIF-2? axis coordinates iron and oxygen sensing with erythropoiesis and iron absorption. Cell Metab. 2013;17:282-90 pubmed publisher..These results uncover separable physiological roles of each IRP and identify IRP1 as a therapeutic target for manipulating HIF-2? action in hematologic, oncologic, and other disorders...
- Hilgarth R, Hong Y, Park Sarge O, Sarge K. Insights into the regulation of heat shock transcription factor 1 SUMO-1 modification. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:196-200 pubmed..Based on these data, we postulate that phosphorylation at serine 307 could stimulate HSF1 sumoylation by causing a conformation change that relieves the inhibitory effect of the C-terminal leucine zipper. ..
- Hake L, Alcivar A, Hecht N. Changes in mRNA length accompany translational regulation of the somatic and testis-specific cytochrome c genes during spermatogenesis in the mouse. Development. 1990;110:249-57 pubmed..7 kb cytochrome cS mRNA is post-meiotically expressed and non-polysomal and (3) cytochrome cS and cytochrome cT mRNAs are each developmentally and translationally regulated during spermatogenesis. ..
- Kelley M, Venugopal S, Harless J, Deutsch W. Antibody to a human DNA repair protein allows for cloning of a Drosophila cDNA that encodes an apurinic endonuclease. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:965-73 pubmed..AP3 is expressed as an abundant 1.3-kb mRNA that is detected throughout the life cycle of Drosophila melanogaster. Another 3.5-kb mRNA also hybridized to the AP3 cDNA, but this species was restricted to the early stages of development. ..
- Dever T, Wei C, Benkowski L, Browning K, Merrick W, Hershey J. Determination of the amino acid sequence of rabbit, human, and wheat germ protein synthesis factor eIF-4C by cloning and chemical sequencing. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:3212-8 pubmed..This dipole nature may enable the protein to interact with both the ribosome (perhaps via the rRNA) and other translation initiation factors. ..
- Cali J, Zwaagstra J, Mons N, Cooper D, Krupinski J. Type VIII adenylyl cyclase. A Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated enzyme expressed in discrete regions of rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12190-5 pubmed..The addition of activated recombinant alpha subunit of Gs synergistically increases the Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated activity. A possible role for type VIII adenylyl cyclase in long-term potentiation is discussed. ..
- Lin T, Chang C. Cloning and characterization of TDD5, an androgen target gene that is differentially repressed by testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4988-93 pubmed
- Huang H, Yoon H, Hannig E, Donahue T. GTP hydrolysis controls stringent selection of the AUG start codon during translation initiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2396-413 pubmed
- Dick F, Trumpower B. Heterologous complementation reveals that mutant alleles of QSR1 render 60S ribosomal subunits unstable and translationally inactive. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2442-8 pubmed..Velocity gradient analyses of the hybrid ribosomes after exposure to high concentrations of salt indicate that the decreased activity is due to lability of the hybrid 60S subunits. ..
- Ibba M, Francklyn C. Turning tRNA upside down: When aminoacylation is not a prerequisite to protein synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7493-4 pubmed
- Dashti N, Manchekar M, Liu Y, Sun Z, Segrest J. Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein activity is not required for the initiation of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoprotein assembly in McA-RH7777 cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28597-608 pubmed..Our results provide a compelling argument that the initial addition of phospholipids to apoB:1000 and initiation of apoB-containing lipoprotein assembly occur independently of MTP lipid transfer activity. ..
- Qin D, Abdi N, Fredrick K. Characterization of 16S rRNA mutations that decrease the fidelity of translation initiation. RNA. 2007;13:2348-55 pubmed..This may indirectly stabilize fMet-tRNA(fMet) in the preinitiation complex and/or promote premature docking of the 50S subunit, resulting in increased levels of spurious initiation. ..
- Zeenko V, Wang C, Majumder M, Komar A, Snider M, Merrick W, et al. An efficient in vitro translation system from mammalian cells lacking the translational inhibition caused by eIF2 phosphorylation. RNA. 2008;14:593-602 pubmed publisher..In addition, cell-free systems from differentiated cells with the Ser51Ala mutation should provide a means for investigating cell type-specific features of protein synthesis. ..
- Liu Y, Wang E. Transcriptional analysis of normal human fibroblast responses to microgravity stress. Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2008;6:29-41 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results suggest that microgravity travel may impact changes in gene expression mostly associated with cellular stress signaling, directing cells to either apoptotic death or premature senescence. ..
- ..Finally, we outline a protocol for precisely measuring steady-state fluorescent protein expression levels. These methods and protocols provide a clear explanation of the RBS Calculator and its uses. ..
- Capshew C, Dusenbury K, Hundley H. Inverted Alu dsRNA structures do not affect localization but can alter translation efficiency of human mRNAs independent of RNA editing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8637-45 pubmed..As inverted Alus are predicted to reside in >5% of human protein-coding genes, these intramolecular dsRNA structures are important regulators of gene expression. ..
- Bailey Serres J, Vangala S, Szick K, Lee C. Acidic phosphoprotein complex of the 60S ribosomal subunit of maize seedling roots. Components and changes in response to flooding. Plant Physiol. 1997;114:1293-305 pubmed..We discuss possible alterations of the ribosomal P-protein complex and consider that these changes may be involved in the selective translation of mRNA in flooded roots. ..
- Yanowitz J, Deshpande G, Calhoun G, Schedl P. An N-terminal truncation uncouples the sex-transforming and dosage compensation functions of sex-lethal. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3018-28 pubmed..This negative autoregulatory activity may be a homeostasis mechanism. ..
- Turner G, Varshavsky A. Detecting and measuring cotranslational protein degradation in vivo. Science. 2000;289:2117-20 pubmed..Thus, the folding of nascent proteins, including abnormal ones, may be in kinetic competition with pathways that target these proteins for degradation cotranslationally. ..
- Horváth A, Nebohacova M, Lukes J, Maslov D. Unusual polypeptide synthesis in the kinetoplast-mitochondria from Leishmania tarentolae. Identification of individual de novo translation products. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7222-30 pubmed..This work represents the first unequivocal identification of the polypeptide synthesis in kinetoplasts...
- Chen S, Zhang A, Blyn L, Storz G. MicC, a second small-RNA regulator of Omp protein expression in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:6689-97 pubmed..We suggest that the MicF and MicC RNAs act in conjunction with the EnvZ-OmpR two-component system to control the OmpF/OmpC protein ratio in response to a variety of environmental stimuli. ..
- Miller M, Mooney S, Middleton F. Transforming growth factor beta1 and ethanol affect transcription and translation of genes and proteins for cell adhesion molecules in B104 neuroblastoma cells. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1182-90 pubmed..Thus, the effects of TGFbeta1 and ethanol on CAPs parallel changes described in vivo and likely underlie changes associated with ethanol-induced alterations in neuronal migration. ..
- Silva A, Wang D, Komar A, Castilho B, Williams B. Salicylates trigger protein synthesis inhibition in a protein kinase R-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10164-71 pubmed..Thus, salicylates selectively trigger an endoplasmic reticulum stress-responsive signaling pathway initiated through activation of PERK to induce their cellular effects. ..
- Witola W, Ben Mamoun C. Choline induces transcriptional repression and proteasomal degradation of the malarial phosphoethanolamine methyltransferase. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:1618-24 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence for metabolite-mediated transcriptional and proteasomal regulation in Plasmodium and will set the stage for the use of this system for conditional gene and protein expression in this organism...
- Woeller C, Gaspari M, Isken O, Maquat L. NMD resulting from encephalomyocarditis virus IRES-directed translation initiation seems to be restricted to CBP80/20-bound mRNA. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:446-51 pubmed publisher..We show that EMCV IRES-initiated translation undergoes a CBP80/20-associated pioneer round of translation that results in CBP80/20-dependent and Upf factor-dependent NMD when translation terminates prematurely...
- Jaleel A, Short K, Asmann Y, Klaus K, Morse D, Ford G, et al. In vivo measurement of synthesis rate of individual skeletal muscle mitochondrial proteins. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;295:E1255-68 pubmed publisher..5 +/- 0.42%/h). This method offers an opportunity to better define the translational regulation of proteins in skeletal muscle or other tissues...
- Chaudhury A, Hussey G, Ray P, Jin G, Fox P, Howe P. TGF-beta-mediated phosphorylation of hnRNP E1 induces EMT via transcript-selective translational induction of Dab2 and ILEI. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:286-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the existence of a TGF-beta-inducible post-transcriptional regulon that controls EMT during the development and metastatic progression of tumours...
- Wolf B, Princiotta M. Viral and bacterial minigene products are presented by MHC class I molecules with similar efficiencies. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:463-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differences in the processing pathways followed by endogenous versus exogenous proteins most likely occur at a point prior to where free peptide is liberated from full-length protein. ..
- Lee J, Fischer J. Drosophila Tel2 is expressed as a translational fusion with EpsinR and is a regulator of wingless signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46357 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Tel2 modulates E-cadherin and Armadillo cellular dynamics. We propose that at least one of the functions of Drosophila Tel2 is regulation of Wingless signaling. ..
- Juntawong P, Sorenson R, Bailey Serres J. Cold shock protein 1 chaperones mRNAs during translation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2013;74:1016-28 pubmed publisher..In summary, CSP1 selectively chaperones mRNAs, providing translational enhancement during stress. ..
- Barbarese E, Ifrim M, Hsieh L, Guo C, Tatavarty V, Maggipinto M, et al. Conditional knockout of tumor overexpressed gene in mouse neurons affects RNA granule assembly, granule translation, LTP and short term habituation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69989 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in hippocampal neurons TOG is required for granule assembly, granule translation and synaptic plasticity, and affects behavior. ..
- GALARZA MUNOZ G, Briggs F, Evsyukova I, Schott Lerner G, Kennedy E, Nyanhete T, et al. Human Epistatic Interaction Controls IL7R Splicing and Increases Multiple Sclerosis Risk. Cell. 2017;169:72-84.e13 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the occurrence of biological epistasis in humans and provides mechanistic insight into the regulation of IL7R exon 6 splicing and its impact on MS risk. ..
- Ballantyne S, Bilger A, Astrom J, Virtanen A, Wickens M. Poly (A) polymerases in the nucleus and cytoplasm of frog oocytes: dynamic changes during oocyte maturation and early development. RNA. 1995;1:64-78 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the oocyte contains a cytoplasmic polymerase closely related to the nuclear enzyme and suggest models for how its activity may be regulated during early development. ..
- Hazlett K, Sellati T, Nguyen T, Cox D, Clawson M, Caimano M, et al. The TprK protein of Treponema pallidum is periplasmic and is not a target of opsonic antibody or protective immunity. J Exp Med. 2001;193:1015-26 pubmed..These findings challenge the notion that TprK will be a component of an efficacious syphilis vaccine. ..
- Zhang J, Moncrieffe M, Kaczynski J, Ellenrieder V, Prendergast F, Urrutia R. A conserved alpha-helical motif mediates the interaction of Sp1-like transcriptional repressors with the corepressor mSin3A. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5041-9 pubmed
- Chen L, Sommer K, Swisshelm K. Downstream codons in the retinoic acid receptor beta -2 and beta -4 mRNAs initiate translation of a protein isoform that disrupts retinoid-activated transcription. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35411-21 pubmed..This repression required the presence of acidic amino acids within the AF2 domain. These findings demonstrate an antagonistic role for RARbeta' in signaling by retinoic acid. ..
- Myers K, Murthy S, Flanigan A, Witchell D, Butler M, Murray S, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide blockade of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in two murine models of colitis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:411-24 pubmed..In both the DSS and IL-10 -/- models, scrambled and mismatch control oligonucleotides were largely without effect, suggesting that ISIS 25302 was exerting its effects through a sequence-dependent antisense mechanism. ..
- Ambros V. MicroRNA pathways in flies and worms: growth, death, fat, stress, and timing. Cell. 2003;113:673-6 pubmed..In C. elegans, a homolog of the well-known fly developmental regulator hunchback acts downstream of the microRNAs lin-4 and let-7 in a pathway controlling developmental timing. ..
- Hui D, Terenzi F, Merrick W, Sen G. Mouse p56 blocks a distinct function of eukaryotic initiation factor 3 in translation initiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3433-40 pubmed..eIF3.ternary complex. Thus, mouse and human p56 proteins block different functions of eIF3 by binding to its different subunits. ..
- Wells C, Dingus J, Hildebrandt J. Role of the chaperonin CCT/TRiC complex in G protein betagamma-dimer assembly. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20221-32 pubmed..We conclude that the chaperonin CCT/TRiC complex binds to and folds Gbeta subunits and that CCT/TRiC mediates Gbetagamma dimer formation by an ATP-dependent reaction. ..
- Jin Z, Shi J, Saraf A, Mei W, Zhu G, Strack S, et al. The 48-kDa alternative translation isoform of PP2A:B56epsilon is required for Wnt signaling during midbrain-hindbrain boundary formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7190-200 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the full-length form can be localized to the nucleus in a cell type-specific manner. The finding that B56epsilon is alternatively translated adds a new level of regulation to PP2A holoenzymes. ..
- Dennis M, Person M, Browning K. Phosphorylation of plant translation initiation factors by CK2 enhances the in vitro interaction of multifactor complex components. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20615-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a functional role for CK2 phosphorylation in the initiation of plant translation. ..
- Carlson T, Green K, Green W. Alternative translational reading frames as a novel source of epitopes for an expanded CD8 T-cell repertoire: use of a retroviral system to assess the translational requirements for CTL recognition and lysis. Viral Immunol. 2010;23:577-83 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for the design of ARF-epitope-based vaccines, both to counter retroviral pathogenesis, as well as potentially more broadly, including in tumor systems...
- Luo G, Costanzo M, Boone C, Dickson R. Nutrients and the Pkh1/2 and Pkc1 protein kinases control mRNA decay and P-body assembly in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8759-70 pubmed publisher..Mammals may use similar regulatory mechanisms because components of the decay apparatus and signaling pathways are conserved. ..
- Wang H, Ru Y, Sanchez Carbayo M, Wang X, Kieft J, Theodorescu D. Translation initiation factor eIF3b expression in human cancer and its role in tumor growth and lung colonization. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2850-60 pubmed publisher..eIF3b expression relates to human bladder and prostate cancer prognosis, is required for tumor growth, and thus a candidate therapeutic target. ..
- Liu J, Stevens P, Eshleman N, Gao T. Protein phosphatase PPM1G regulates protein translation and cell growth by dephosphorylating 4E binding protein 1 (4E-BP1). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:23225-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study has identified protein phosphatase PPM1G as a novel regulator of cap-dependent protein translation by negatively controlling the phosphorylation of 4E-BP1. ..
- Mazumder B, Fox P. Delayed translational silencing of ceruloplasmin transcript in gamma interferon-activated U937 monocytic cells: role of the 3' untranslated region. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6898-905 pubmed
- Giorgini F, Davies H, Braun R. MSY2 and MSY4 bind a conserved sequence in the 3' untranslated region of protamine 1 mRNA in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7010-9 pubmed..The conservation of the RNA binding motifs among Y-box protein family members raises the possibility that other Y-box proteins may have previously unrecognized sequence-specific RNA binding activities. ..
- Sarker S, Oliver D. Critical regions of secM that control its translation and secretion and promote secretion-specific secA regulation. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:2360-9 pubmed..Together, our results provide direct support for the secM translational pause model of secA regulation, and they pinpoint key sequences within secM that promote this important regulatory system. ..
- Al Mamun A, Gautam S, Humayun M. Hypermutagenesis in mutA cells is mediated by mistranslational corruption of polymerase, and is accompanied by replication fork collapse. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:1752-63 pubmed
- Francklyn C. DNA polymerases and aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases: shared mechanisms for ensuring the fidelity of gene expression. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11695-703 pubmed publisher..The summed contribution of these kinetic checkpoints provides the high observed overall accuracy of DNA replication and aminoacylation. ..
- Richards R, Scholz I, Powers C, Skach W, Fr h K. The cytoplasmic domain of rhesus cytomegalovirus Rh178 interrupts translation of major histocompatibility class I leader peptide-containing proteins prior to translocation. J Virol. 2011;85:8766-76 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with Rh178 blocking protein translation of MHC-I heavy chains at a step prior to the start of translocation, thereby downregulating MHC-I at a very early stage of translation...
- Li J, Akagi K, Hu Y, Trivett A, Hlynialuk C, Swing D, et al. Mouse endogenous retroviruses can trigger premature transcriptional termination at a distance. Genome Res. 2012;22:870-84 pubmed publisher..This study defines an unexpectedly strong functional impact of ERVs in disrupting gene transcription at a distance and demonstrates that ongoing retrotransposition can contribute significantly to natural phenotypic diversity...
- Lu W, Wu S. Mechanism for dynamic regulation of iNOS expression after UVB-irradiation. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52:627-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the UVB-induced eIF2 phosphorylation does not only regulate iNOS expression at the translational level, but at the transcriptional level as well. ..
- Hodas J, Nehring A, Höche N, Sweredoski M, Pielot R, Hess S, et al. Dopaminergic modulation of the hippocampal neuropil proteome identified by bioorthogonal noncanonical amino acid tagging (BONCAT). Proteomics. 2012;12:2464-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate a dendrite-specific increase in proteins synthesis upon application of SKF81297. This study provides the first snapshot in the dynamics of the dopaminergic hippocampal neuropil proteome. ..
- Patel R, Burnham A, Gebhart N, Sokoloski K, Hardy R. Role for subgenomic mRNA in host translation inhibition during Sindbis virus infection of mammalian cells. Virology. 2013;441:171-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that the translational efficiency and quantity of the subgenomic mRNA play a role in inhibition of host cell translation. ..
- Eswarappa S, Potdar A, Koch W, Fan Y, Vasu K, Lindner D, et al. Programmed translational readthrough generates antiangiogenic VEGF-Ax. Cell. 2014;157:1605-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genome-wide analysis revealed AGO1 and MTCH2 as authentic readthrough targets. Overall, our studies reveal a novel protein-regulated PTR event in a vertebrate system. ..
- Choi R, McConahay A, Jeong H, McClellan J, Hardee J, Carson J, et al. Tribbles 3 regulates protein turnover in mouse skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1236-1242 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that TRB3 regulates protein synthesis and breakdown via the Akt/mTOR/FoxO pathways. ..
- Darzins A. Characterization of a Pseudomonas aeruginosa gene cluster involved in pilus biosynthesis and twitching motility: sequence similarity to the chemotaxis proteins of enterics and the gliding bacterium Myxococcus xanthus. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:137-53 pubmed..aeruginosa pilus biosynthesis and twitching motility. ..
- Chakrabarti R, Chakrabarti D, Souba W, Schuster S. Interaction of the eucaryotic peptide chain initiation factor eIF-4A with the specific elements at the 5'-untranslated sequence of human asparagine synthetase mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:1298-303 pubmed..This 46-kDa protein factor is most likely to be the eucaryotic peptide chain initiation factor eIF-4A as determined by immunoprecipitation experiments using a monoclonal antibody raised against reticulocyte eIF-4A. ..
- Kavanaugh M, Wang H, Zhang Z, Zhang W, Wu Y, Dechant E, et al. Control of cationic amino acid transport and retroviral receptor functions in a membrane protein family. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15445-50 pubmed..These results demonstrate that domains of these transporters can function in chimeric combinations to control viral receptor and transport functions. ..
- Rubinstein M, Mogil J, Japon M, Chan E, Allen R, Low M. Absence of opioid stress-induced analgesia in mice lacking beta-endorphin by site-directed mutagenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3995-4000 pubmed..These changes may reflect compensatory upregulation of alternative pain inhibitory mechanisms. ..
- Gu W, Hecht N. Translation of a testis-specific Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD-1) mRNA is regulated by a 65-kilodalton protein which binds to its 5' untranslated region. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4535-43 pubmed..We conclude that SOD-RBP serves as a repressor in the translation of TSOD-1 mRNA during spermiogenesis and thereby fine-tunes the level of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase produced in maturing germ cells. ..
- Croteau W, Davey J, Galton V, St Germain D. Cloning of the mammalian type II iodothyronine deiodinase. A selenoprotein differentially expressed and regulated in human and rat brain and other tissues. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:405-17 pubmed
- Drew D. A mathematical model for prokaryotic protein synthesis. Bull Math Biol. 2001;63:329-51 pubmed..In the self-regulated case, this results in a single ordinary differential equation for the protein concentration. ..
- Kedishvili N, Chumakova O, Chetyrkin S, Belyaeva O, Lapshina E, Lin D, et al. Evidence that the human gene for prostate short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase (PSDR1) encodes a novel retinal reductase (RalR1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28909-15 pubmed..The enzymatic properties and expression pattern of RalR1 in prostate epithelium suggest that it might play a role in the regulation of retinoid homeostasis in human prostate. ..
- De Lisle R. Role of sulfated O-linked glycoproteins in zymogen granule formation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2941-52 pubmed