Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein biosynthesis in Mexico
Topic: protein biosynthesis
- Ontiveros C, Valadez J, Hernandez J, Guarneros G. Inhibition of Escherichia coli protein synthesis by abortive translation of phage lambda minigenes. J Mol Biol. 1997;269:167-75 pubmed..Starvation of the tRNA(s) sequestered in pepidyl-tRNA(s) eventually causes inhibition of protein synthesis. ..
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez B, Sandoval Jaime C, Sosnovtsev S, Green K, GutiÃ©rrez Escolano A. Nucleolin promotes in vitro translation of feline calicivirus genomic RNA. Virology. 2016;489:51-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NCL is part of the FCV RNA translational complex, and that the N-terminal part of the protein is required for efficient FCV replication. ..
- Láscarez Lagunas L, Silva García C, Dinkova T, Navarro R. LIN-35/Rb causes starvation-induced germ cell apoptosis via CED-9/Bcl2 downregulation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2499-516 pubmed publisher..We propose that CED-9/Bcl-2 downregulation via LIN-35/Rb triggers germ cell apoptosis in C. elegans in response to starvation. ..
- Tavares Carreón F, Camacho Villasana Y, Zamudio Ochoa A, Shingu Vazquez M, Torres Larios A, Perez Martinez X. The pentatricopeptide repeats present in Pet309 are necessary for translation but not for stability of the mitochondrial COX1 mRNA in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1472-9 pubmed..Our results show that the RNA metabolism function of Pet309 is found in at least two separate domains of the protein. ..
- Venkova Canova T, Soberón N, Ramírez Romero M, Cevallos M. Two discrete elements are required for the replication of a repABC plasmid: an antisense RNA and a stem-loop structure. Mol Microbiol. 2004;54:1431-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, both of these seemingly negative regulators are required for efficient plasmid replication...
- Valadez J, Hernandez Sanchez J, Magos M, Ontiveros C, Guarneros G. Increased bar minigene mRNA stability during cell growth inhibition. Mol Microbiol. 2001;39:361-9 pubmed..Higher mRNA stability correlated with the more toxic minigenes. We argue that this effect may be caused by ribosome protection of the mRNA in paused complexes as a result of deficiency of specific tRNA. ..
- Niquet J, Pérez Martínez L, Guerra M, Grouselle D, Joseph Bravo P, Charli J. Extracellular matrix proteins increase the expression of pro-TRH and pro-protein convertase PC1 in fetal hypothalamic neurons in vitro. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2000;120:49-56 pubmed..In conclusion, we have shown that some ECM proteins increased pro-TRH level in vitro; this may contribute to the enhancement of pro-TRH levels observed early in vivo in the hypothalamus. ..
- De Nova Ocampo M, Villegas Sepúlveda N, Del Angel R. Translation elongation factor-1alpha, La, and PTB interact with the 3' untranslated region of dengue 4 virus RNA. Virology. 2002;295:337-47 pubmed