Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Switzerland
Topic: protein binding
Publications362 found, 100 shown here
- Tinel A, Eckert M, Logette E, Lippens S, Janssens S, Jaccard B, et al. Regulation of PIDD auto-proteolysis and activity by the molecular chaperone Hsp90. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:506-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, heat shock induces Hsp90 release from PIDD and PIDD nuclear translocation. Thus, Hsp90 has a major role in controlling PIDD functional activity. ..
- Klein T, Abgottspon D, Wittwer M, Rabbani S, Herold J, Jiang X, et al. FimH antagonists for the oral treatment of urinary tract infections: from design and synthesis to in vitro and in vivo evaluation. J Med Chem. 2010;53:8627-41 pubmed publisher..With FimH antagonist, the great potential for the effective treatment of urinary tract infections with a new class of orally available antiinfectives could be demonstrated. ..
- Singhal A, Ostermaier M, Vishnivetskiy S, Panneels V, Homan K, Tesmer J, et al. Insights into congenital stationary night blindness based on the structure of G90D rhodopsin. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:520-6 pubmed publisher..Other mutations, including G90V causing RP, cannot promote similar interactions. We discuss our findings in context of a model in which CSNB is caused by constitutive activation of the visual signalling cascade...
- Carpousis A, Van Houwe G, Ehretsmann C, Krisch H. Copurification of E. coli RNAase E and PNPase: evidence for a specific association between two enzymes important in RNA processing and degradation. Cell. 1994;76:889-900 pubmed..The discovery of a specific association between RNAase E and PNPase raises the intriguing possibility that these enzymes act cooperatively in the processing and degradation of RNA. ..
- Brunner D, Ducker K, Oellers N, Hafen E, Scholz H, Klämbt C. The ETS domain protein pointed-P2 is a target of MAP kinase in the sevenless signal transduction pathway. Nature. 1994;370:386-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we present genetic and biochemical data suggesting that MAP kinase controls neural development through phosphorylation of two antagonizing transcription factors of the ETS family, Yan and PntP2. ..
- Campbell K, Giorda R. The cytoplasmic domain of rat NKR-P1 receptor interacts with the N-terminal domain of p56(lck) via cysteine residues. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:72-7 pubmed..This could reflect a higher activation threshold for the NKR-P1 and CD8 receptors, which are involved in cytolytic responses, compared to CD4 which is involved in T cell helper function. ..
- Brunner E, Peter O, Schweizer L, Basler K. pangolin encodes a Lef-1 homologue that acts downstream of Armadillo to transduce the Wingless signal in Drosophila. Nature. 1997;385:829-33 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that Pan is an essential component of the Wg transduction pathway and suggest that it acts directly to regulate gene transcription in response to Wg signalling. ..
- Frank P, Douglas J, Locher M, Llinas M, Schaller J. Structural/functional characterization of the alpha 2-plasmin inhibitor C-terminal peptide. Biochemistry. 2003;42:1078-85 pubmed..This suggests that multiple Lys residues within A2PI could contribute, perhaps in a zipper-like fashion, to its binding to the in-tandem, multikringle array that configures the plasmin heavy chain. ..
- Berger I, Bieniossek C, Schaffitzel C, Hassler M, Santelli E, Richmond T. Direct interaction of Ca2+/calmodulin inhibits histone deacetylase 5 repressor core binding to myocyte enhancer factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17625-35 pubmed..Results from real time binding experiments provide evidence for direct interaction of Ca(2+)/calmodulin with HDAC5 inhibiting MEF2a association with this enzyme. ..
- Pyrowolakis G, Hartmann B, Muller B, Basler K, Affolter M. A simple molecular complex mediates widespread BMP-induced repression during Drosophila development. Dev Cell. 2004;7:229-40 pubmed
- Grohmanova K, Schlaepfer D, Hess D, Gutierrez P, Beck M, Kroschewski R. Phosphorylation of IQGAP1 modulates its binding to Cdc42, revealing a new type of rho-GTPase regulator. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48495-504 pubmed..We propose that, depending on its phosphorylation state, IQGAP1 might serve as an effector or sequester nucleotide-free Cdc42 to prevent signaling. ..
- Grimshaw J, Siegenthaler R, Züger S, Schönfeld H, Z graggen B, Christen P. The heat-sensitive Escherichia coli grpE280 phenotype: impaired interaction of GrpE(G122D) with DnaK. J Mol Biol. 2005;353:888-96 pubmed
- Klocek G, Seelig J. Melittin interaction with sulfated cell surface sugars. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2841-9 pubmed publisher..Nisin Z shows activity against various Gram-positive bacteria. Isothermal titration calorimetry demonstrates that magainin 2 and nisin Z do not bind to HS (5-50 degrees C, 10 mM Tris, and 100 mM NaCl at pH 7.4). ..
- Yang Q, Nausch L, Martin G, Keller W, DOUBLIE S. Crystal structure of human poly(A) polymerase gamma reveals a conserved catalytic core for canonical poly(A) polymerases. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:43-50 pubmed publisher..The structure revealed that PAPγ closely resembles its PAPα ortholog. An analysis of residue conservation reveals a conserved catalytic binding pocket, whereas residues at the surface of the polymerase are more divergent. ..
- Behnke D, Cotesta S, Hintermann S, Fendt M, Gee C, Jacobson L, et al. Discovery of 1H-pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridines as potent dual orexin receptor antagonists (DORAs). Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015;25:5555-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, strategies to overcome the suboptimal physicochemical properties are highlighted and the pharmacokinetic profiles of representative compounds is presented. ..
- Di Iorio E, Tavernelli I, Yu W. Dynamic properties of monomeric insect erythrocruorin III from Chironomus thummi-thummi: relationships between structural flexibility and functional complexity. Biophys J. 1997;73:2742-51 pubmed..Based on a comparison with analogous investigations of the homodimeric hemoglobin from Scapharca inaequivalvis, we propose a link between dynamic properties and functional complexity. ..
- Wolf M, Delgado M, Jones S, Dewald B, Clark Lewis I, Baggiolini M. Granulocyte chemotactic protein 2 acts via both IL-8 receptors, CXCR1 and CXCR2. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:164-70 pubmed..Activation of CXCR1 appears to depend significantly on the presence of a basic binding determinant close to the second cysteine. ..
- Beer H, Vindevoghel L, Gait M, Revest J, Duan D, Mason I, et al. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1-IIIb is a naturally occurring functional receptor for FGFs that is preferentially expressed in the skin and the brain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16091-7 pubmed
- Burns K, Clatworthy J, Martin L, Martinon F, Plumpton C, Maschera B, et al. Tollip, a new component of the IL-1RI pathway, links IRAK to the IL-1 receptor. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:346-51 pubmed..As overexpression of Tollip results in impaired NF-kappaB activation, we conclude that Tollip is an important constituent of the IL-1R signalling pathway. ..
- Gomez Gomez L, Bauer Z, Boller T. Both the extracellular leucine-rich repeat domain and the kinase activity of FSL2 are required for flagellin binding and signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1155-63 pubmed..These results suggest that KAPP functions as a negative regulator of the FLS2 signal transduction pathway and that the phosphorylation of FLS2 is necessary for proper binding and signaling of the flagellin receptor complex. ..
- Nesic D, Kramer A. Domains in human splicing factors SF3a60 and SF3a66 required for binding to SF3a120, assembly of the 17S U2 snRNP, and prespliceosome formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6406-17 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that all domains required for interactions within the SF3a heterotrimer and the formation of the 17S U2 snRNP are also necessary to assemble the prespliceosome. ..
- Schlattner U, Dolder M, Wallimann T, Tokarska Schlattner M. Mitochondrial creatine kinase and mitochondrial outer membrane porin show a direct interaction that is modulated by calcium. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48027-30 pubmed..No interaction of MtCK with reconstituted adenine nucleotide translocator was detectable in our experimental setup. The relevance of these findings for structure and function of mitochondrial contact sites is discussed. ..
- Fritz G, Mittl P, Vasak M, Grutter M, Heizmann C. The crystal structure of metal-free human EF-hand protein S100A3 at 1.7-A resolution. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33092-8 pubmed..Zn(2+) binding induces a large conformational change in S100A3 perturbing the hydrophobic interface between two S100A3 subunits, as shown by size exclusion chromatography and CD spectroscopy. ..
- Gabriel J, Lacombe T, Carobbio S, Paquet N, Bisig R, Cox J, et al. Zinc is required for the catalytic activity of the human deubiquitinating isopeptidase T. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13755-66 pubmed..0. Thus, both human ISOTs are either thiol proteases with a local structural Zn2+ or monozinc metalloproteases that might use in catalysis a Zn2+-activated hydroxide ion polarized by Cys335. ..
- Kyburz A, Sadowski M, Dichtl B, Keller W. The role of the yeast cleavage and polyadenylation factor subunit Ydh1p/Cft2p in pre-mRNA 3'-end formation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:3936-45 pubmed
- Wullschleger S, Loewith R, Oppliger W, Hall M. Molecular organization of target of rapamycin complex 2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30697-704 pubmed..We have demonstrated that mammalian TOR is also oligomeric. The architecture of TORC2 is discussed in the context of TORC2 assembly and regulation. ..
- Bauhofer O, Summerfield A, Sakoda Y, Tratschin J, Hofmann M, Ruggli N. Classical swine fever virus Npro interacts with interferon regulatory factor 3 and induces its proteasomal degradation. J Virol. 2007;81:3087-96 pubmed..Furthermore, N(pro) coprecipitates with IRF3, suggesting that the proteasomal degradation of IRF3 is induced by a direct or indirect interaction with N(pro). Finally, we show that N(pro) does not downregulate IRF7 expression. ..
- Bruell C, Eichholz C, Kubarenko A, Post V, Katunin V, Hobbie S, et al. Conservation of bacterial protein synthesis machinery: initiation and elongation in Mycobacterium smegmatis. Biochemistry. 2008;47:8828-39 pubmed publisher..smegmatis components as an alternative to that from E. coli to study the mechanisms of translation and to test the action of antibiotics against Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Mossi R, Jónsson Z, Allen B, Hardin S, Hubscher U. Replication factor C interacts with the C-terminal side of proliferating cell nuclear antigen. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1769-76 pubmed..The RF-C large subunit from a third species, namely Drosophila melanogaster, interacted similarly with the modified human PCNA, indicating that the interaction between RF-C and PCNA is conserved through eukaryotic evolution. ..
- Rimoldi D, Muehlethaler K, Salvi S, Valmori D, Romero P, Cerottini J, et al. Subcellular localization of the melanoma-associated protein Melan-AMART-1 influences the processing of its HLA-A2-restricted epitope. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43189-96 pubmed..Our data are compatible with the notion that proteins retained in the endoplasmic reticulum are more efficiently degraded and produce more antigenic peptides. ..
- Prescianotto Baschong C, Riezman H. Ordering of compartments in the yeast endocytic pathway. Traffic. 2002;3:37-49 pubmed..On the other hand, traffic to the early recycling endosome is less dependent on Rab5 homologs and does not require Vps27p. ..
- Saitoh M, Pullen N, Brennan P, Cantrell D, Dennis P, Thomas G. Regulation of an activated S6 kinase 1 variant reveals a novel mammalian target of rapamycin phosphorylation site. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:20104-12 pubmed..Moreover, in vitro mTOR directly phosphorylates Ser(371), and this event modulates Thr(389) phosphorylation by mTOR, compatible with earlier in vivo findings. ..
- Dichtl B, Blank D, Ohnacker M, Friedlein A, Roeder D, Langen H, et al. A role for SSU72 in balancing RNA polymerase II transcription elongation and termination. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1139-50 pubmed..The sum of our analyses suggests a negative influence of Ssu72p on RNAP II during transcription that affects the commitment to either elongation or termination. ..
- Ding Z, Haussmann I, Ottiger M, Kubli E. Sex-peptides bind to two molecularly different targets in Drosophila melanogaster females. J Neurobiol. 2003;55:372-84 pubmed..Our results suggest that binding of SP in the nervous system is responsible for eliciting the postmating responses, whereas binding in the genital tract reflects the presence of a peptide transporter. ..
- Gutmann S, Haebel P, Metzinger L, Sutter M, Felden B, Ban N. Crystal structure of the transfer-RNA domain of transfer-messenger RNA in complex with SmpB. Nature. 2003;424:699-703 pubmed publisher..On the basis of this structure, we propose a model for the binding of tmRNA on the ribosome...
- Hoefer M, Boneberg E, Grotegut S, Kusch J, Illges H. Possible tetramerisation of the proteasome maturation factor POMP/proteassemblin/hUmp1 and its subcellular localisation. Int J Biol Macromol. 2006;38:259-67 pubmed..Moreover, localisation studies by immunofluorescence stainings and confocal microscopy revealed that POMP is present in the cytoplasm as well as in the nucleus. ..
- Ortner E, Moelling K. Heteromeric complex formation of ASK2 and ASK1 regulates stress-induced signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:454-9 pubmed..We propose that ASK2 regulates stress-induced caspase-3 and PARP cleavage in a dose-dependent manner by heteromeric complex formation with ASK1. ..
- Magnani D, Barr O, Gerber S, Solioz M. Characterization of the CopR regulon of Lactococcus lactis IL1403. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:536-45 pubmed publisher..When expressed in Escherichia coli, the copRZA operon conferred copper resistance, suggesting that it functions in copper export from the cytoplasm. Other member genes of the CopR regulon may similarly be involved in copper metabolism...
- Flütsch A, Ackermann R, Schroeder T, Lukarska M, Hausammann G, Weinert C, et al. Combined inhibition of caspase 3 and caspase 7 by two highly selective DARPins slows down cellular demise. Biochem J. 2014;461:279-90 pubmed publisher..If applied in combination with D3.4S76R, they represent an excellent instrument to increase our understanding of these enzymes during various cellular processes. ..
- Leuenberger D, Bally N, Schatz G, Koehler C. Different import pathways through the mitochondrial intermembrane space for inner membrane proteins. EMBO J. 1999;18:4816-22 pubmed..Yeast mitochondria thus use multiple pathways for escorting hydrophobic inner membrane proteins across the aqueous intermembrane space. ..
- Mittaud P, Marangi P, Erb Vögtli S, Fuhrer C. Agrin-induced activation of acetylcholine receptor-bound Src family kinases requires Rapsyn and correlates with acetylcholine receptor clustering. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14505-13 pubmed..Second, this activation intimately correlates with AChR clustering, suggesting that these kinases may play a role in agrin-induced AChR aggregation by forming an AChR-bound signaling cascade. ..
- Didichenko S, Fragoso C, Thelen M. Mitotic and stress-induced phosphorylation of HsPI3K-C2alpha targets the protein for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26055-64 pubmed..Phosphorylation appears to be a prerequisite for proteasome-dependent degradation of HsPIK3-C2alpha and may therefore contribute indirectly to the regulation of the activity of the kinase. ..
- Schmid F, Glaus E, Barthelmes D, Fliegauf M, Gaspar H, Nurnberg G, et al. U1 snRNA-mediated gene therapeutic correction of splice defects caused by an exceptionally mild BBS mutation. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:815-24 pubmed publisher..This therapeutic effect was dose-dependent. Our results show that the adaptation of U1 can correct pathogenic effects of splice donor site mutations and suggest a high potential for gene therapy. ..
- Zobi F, Spingler B. Post-protein-binding reactivity and modifications of the fac-[Re(CO)3]+ core. Inorg Chem. 2012;51:1210-2 pubmed publisher..The formation of stable metal adducts starting from Lys-1 was confirmed by X-ray crystallography. ..
- Daubner G, Cléry A, Allain F. RRM-RNA recognition: NMR or crystallography…and new findings. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2013;23:100-8 pubmed publisher..We further outline inherent problems to both NMR spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography methods and review recent strategies that emphasize the need to use both methodologies for more rapid and accurate structure determinations. ..
- Roux E, Strubin M, Hagenbuchle O, Wellauer P. The cell-specific transcription factor PTF1 contains two different subunits that interact with the DNA. Genes Dev. 1989;3:1613-24 pubmed..Both proteins bind simultaneously to the same DNA molecule. The data indicate that PTF1 is a heteromeric oligomer and that its cell-specific DNA-binding potential is the result of a concerted activity of two DNA-binding subunits. ..
- Meyer W, Reichenbach P, Schindler U, Soldaini E, Nabholz M. Interaction of STAT5 dimers on two low affinity binding sites mediates interleukin 2 (IL-2) stimulation of IL-2 receptor alpha gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31821-8 pubmed..This provides strong evidence that interactions between STAT dimers binding to a pair of weak binding sites play a biological role by controlling the activity of a well characterized, complex cytokine-responsive enhancer. ..
- Minet A, Rubin B, Tucker R, Baumgartner S, Chiquet Ehrismann R. Teneurin-1, a vertebrate homologue of the Drosophila pair-rule gene ten-m, is a neuronal protein with a novel type of heparin-binding domain. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 12):2019-32 pubmed..Furthermore, the human teneurin-1 gene could be identified on chromosome Xq24/25, a region implied in an X-linked mental retardation syndrome. ..
- Zhu B, Zheng Y, Angliker H, Schwarz S, Thiry S, Siegmann M, et al. 5-Methylcytosine DNA glycosylase activity is also present in the human MBD4 (G/T mismatch glycosylase) and in a related avian sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4157-65 pubmed..In situ hybridization with antisense RNA indicate that MBD4 is only located in dividing cells of differentiating embryonic tissues. ..
- Rimoldi D, Rubio Godoy V, Dutoit V, Lienard D, Salvi S, Guillaume P, et al. Efficient simultaneous presentation of NY-ESO-1/LAGE-1 primary and nonprimary open reading frame-derived CTL epitopes in melanoma. J Immunol. 2000;165:7253-61 pubmed..These findings underscore the in vivo immunological relevance of CTL epitopes derived from nonprimary ORF products and support their use as candidate vaccines for inducing tumor specific cell-mediated immunity against cancer. ..
- Ahuja U, Thöny Meyer L. CcmD is involved in complex formation between CcmC and the heme chaperone CcmE during cytochrome c maturation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:236-43 pubmed..We postulate a function for CcmD in protein-protein interaction or membrane protein assembly required for the heme delivery process. ..
- Tanackovic G, Kramer A. Human splicing factor SF3a, but not SF1, is essential for pre-mRNA splicing in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1366-77 pubmed..Together with the observation that the 17S U2 snRNP cannot be detected in extracts from SF3a-depleted cells, our results provide further evidence for a function of Cajal bodies in U2 snRNP biogenesis. ..
- Chinchilla D, Bauer Z, Regenass M, Boller T, Felix G. The Arabidopsis receptor kinase FLS2 binds flg22 and determines the specificity of flagellin perception. Plant Cell. 2006;18:465-76 pubmed..In summary, these results show that FLS2 constitutes the pattern-recognition receptor that determines the specificity of flagellin perception. ..
- Hansmannel F, Mordier S, Iynedjian P. Insulin induction of glucokinase and fatty acid synthase in hepatocytes: analysis of the roles of sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein-1c and liver X receptor. Biochem J. 2006;399:275-83 pubmed..Collectively, these results showed that increases in SREBP-1c were neither necessary nor sufficient for GCK induction in hepatocytes, while at the same time they underscored the role of SREBP-1c as a key regulator of FASN. ..
- Fritzius T, Frey A, Schweneker M, Mayer D, Moelling K. WD-repeat-propeller-FYVE protein, ProF, binds VAMP2 and protein kinase Czeta. FEBS J. 2007;274:1552-66 pubmed..VAMP2 is known to regulate docking and fusion of vesicles and to play a role in targeting vesicles to the plasma membrane. The complex may be involved in vesicle cycling in various secretory pathways. ..
- Wassmann P, Chan C, Paul R, Beck A, Heerklotz H, Jenal U, et al. Structure of BeF3- -modified response regulator PleD: implications for diguanylate cyclase activation, catalysis, and feedback inhibition. Structure. 2007;15:915-27 pubmed publisher..Here, a second mode is observed that crosslinks the DGC domains within a PleD dimer. Both modes cause noncompetitive product inhibition by domain immobilization...
- Redon S, Reichenbach P, Lingner J. Protein RNA and protein protein interactions mediate association of human EST1A/SMG6 with telomerase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:7011-22 pubmed..We propose that hEST1A assembles specifically with telomerase in the context of the hTR-hTERT ribonucleoprotein, through the high affinity of hEST1A for hTR and specific protein-protein contacts with hTERT. ..
- Piroth L, Que Y, Widmer E, Panchaud A, Piu S, Entenza J, et al. The fibrinogen- and fibronectin-binding domains of Staphylococcus aureus fibronectin-binding protein A synergistically promote endothelial invasion and experimental endocarditis. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3824-31 pubmed publisher..This unforeseen FnBPA subtlety might bear importance for the development of antiadhesin strategies...
- Abrami L, Kunz B, van der Goot F. Anthrax toxin triggers the activation of src-like kinases to mediate its own uptake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1420-4 pubmed publisher..Consistently, we found that uptake of the anthrax toxin and processing of the lethal factor substrate MEK1 are inhibited by silencing of src and fyn, as well as in src and fyn knockout cells. ..
- Sekatskii S, Favre M, Dietler G, Mikhailov A, Klinov D, Lukash S, et al. Force spectroscopy of barnase-barstar single molecule interaction. J Mol Recognit. 2010;23:583-8 pubmed publisher..The latter essentially contributes to the value of barnase-barstar binding energy revealed by biochemical measurements, and it is exactly this electrostatic interaction which is influenced by the salt concentration. ..
- Polkinghorne A, Vaughan L. Chlamydia abortus YhbZ, a truncated Obg family GTPase, associates with the Escherichia coli large ribosomal subunit. Microb Pathog. 2011;50:200-6 pubmed publisher..coli obgE temperature-sensitive mutant, indicating the C-terminal acidic domain may have an additional role. This data supports a role for YhbZ linking the chlamydial stress response to ribosome function and cellular growth. ..
- Herr P, Basler K. Porcupine-mediated lipidation is required for Wnt recognition by Wls. Dev Biol. 2012;361:392-402 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that Por-mediated lipidation of the S239-equivalent residue is essential for the interaction with, and secretion by, Wls. ..
- Heijde M, Ulm R. UV-B photoreceptor-mediated signalling in plants. Trends Plant Sci. 2012;17:230-7 pubmed publisher..We further outline the commonalities in UV-B and visible light signalling as well as highlight differences between these pathways. ..
- Masson D, Kreis T. Binding of E-MAP-115 to microtubules is regulated by cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation. J Cell Biol. 1995;131:1015-24 pubmed..Microtubule-associated proteins are thus most likely key targets for kinases which control changes in microtubule dynamic properties at the G2- to M-phase transition. ..
- Kronidou N, Oppliger W, Bolliger L, Hannavy K, Glick B, Schatz G, et al. Dynamic interaction between Isp45 and mitochondrial hsp70 in the protein import system of the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12818-22 pubmed..This arrangement is reminiscent of the protein transport systems of the yeast endoplasmic reticulum and the bacterial plasma membrane. ..
- Banner D, D Arcy A, Chene C, Winkler F, Guha A, Konigsberg W, et al. The crystal structure of the complex of blood coagulation factor VIIa with soluble tissue factor. Nature. 1996;380:41-6 pubmed..In the complex, factor VIIa adopts an extended conformation. This structure provides a basis for understanding many molecular aspects of the initiation of coagulation. ..
- Thome M, Gaide O, Micheau O, Martinon F, Bonnet D, Gonzalez M, et al. Equine herpesvirus protein E10 induces membrane recruitment and phosphorylation of its cellular homologue, bcl-10. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1115-22 pubmed
- Su Q, Schild C, Schumann P, Boschetti A. Varying competence for protein import into chloroplasts during the cell cycle in Chlamydomonas. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2315-21 pubmed
- Cappellen D, Luong Nguyen N, Bongiovanni S, Grenet O, Wanke C, Susa M. Transcriptional program of mouse osteoclast differentiation governed by the macrophage colony-stimulating factor and the ligand for the receptor activator of NFkappa B. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21971-82 pubmed..Thus, global gene expression suggests a more dynamic role of osteoclasts in bone physiology than previously anticipated. ..
- Ahuja U, Thöny Meyer L. Dynamic features of a heme delivery system for cytochrome C maturation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52061-70 pubmed..This contradicts the idea of CcmCEF supercomplex formation. Our results favor a model that predicts CcmE to shuttle between CcmC and CcmF for heme delivery. ..
- Altznauer F, Conus S, Cavalli A, Folkers G, Simon H. Calpain-1 regulates Bax and subsequent Smac-dependent caspase-3 activation in neutrophil apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5947-57 pubmed
- Ben Zvi A, De Los Rios P, Dietler G, Goloubinoff P. Active solubilization and refolding of stable protein aggregates by cooperative unfolding action of individual hsp70 chaperones. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37298-303 pubmed
- Lévy F, Muehlethaler K, Salvi S, Peitrequin A, Lindholm C, Cerottini J, et al. Ubiquitylation of a melanosomal protein by HECT-E3 ligases serves as sorting signal for lysosomal degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1777-87 pubmed..These results suggest that ubiquitylation regulates the lysosomal sorting and degradation of Melan-A/MART-1 from melanosomes in melanocytic cells. ..
- Scarsi M, Podvinec M, Roth A, Hug H, Kersten S, Albrecht H, et al. Sulfonylureas and glinides exhibit peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activity: a combined virtual screening and biological assay approach. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:398-406 pubmed..In addition, we provide a unified concept of the PPARgamma binding ability of seemingly disparate compound classes...
- O Hare H, Juillerat A, Dianiskova P, Johnsson K. A split-protein sensor for studying protein-protein interaction in mycobacteria. J Microbiol Methods. 2008;73:79-84 pubmed publisher..Here we introduce Split-Trp to Escherichia coli and Mycobacterium smegmatis and demonstrate that this system is a simple assay for protein interaction in both organisms. ..
- Buey R, Mohan R, Leslie K, Walzthoeni T, Missimer J, Menzel A, et al. Insights into EB1 structure and the role of its C-terminal domain for discriminating microtubule tips from the lattice. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2912-23 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that long-range electrostatic repulsive interactions between the C-terminus and the microtubule lattice drive the specificity of EBs for growing microtubule ends. ..
- Schorderet P, Lonfat N, Darbellay F, Tschopp P, Gitto S, Soshnikova N, et al. A genetic approach to the recruitment of PRC2 at the HoxD locus. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003951 pubmed publisher..We discuss the importance of PRC2 recruitment over Hox gene clusters in embryonic stem cells, for their subsequent coordinated transcriptional activation during development. ..
- Tintori C, Laurenzana I, Fallacara A, Kessler U, Pilger B, Stergiou L, et al. High-throughput docking for the identification of new influenza A virus polymerase inhibitors targeting the PA-PB1 protein-protein interaction. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2014;24:280-2 pubmed publisher..As a result, some compounds possessing a 3-cyano-4,6-diphenyl-pyridine nucleus emerged as effective inhibitors with the best ones showing IC50 values in the micromolar range. ..
- Shimada Y, Gulli M, Peter M. Nuclear sequestration of the exchange factor Cdc24 by Far1 regulates cell polarity during yeast mating. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:117-24 pubmed..This sequestration regulates cell polarity in response to pheromones by restricting activation of Cdc42 to the site of pheromone receptor activation. ..
- Debonneville C, Flores S, Kamynina E, Plant P, Tauxe C, Thomas M, et al. Phosphorylation of Nedd4-2 by Sgk1 regulates epithelial Na(+) channel cell surface expression. EMBO J. 2001;20:7052-9 pubmed..Moreover, they suggest a novel and complete signaling cascade for aldosterone-dependent regulation of ENaC. ..
- Shimada K, Gasser S. The origin recognition complex functions in sister-chromatid cohesion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 2007;128:85-99 pubmed..We conclude that ORC mediates sister-chromatid interaction on a pathway that is additive with Cohesin-mediated pairing...
- Schroeder T, Barandun J, Flütsch A, Briand C, Mittl P, Grutter M. Specific inhibition of caspase-3 by a competitive DARPin: molecular mimicry between native and designed inhibitors. Structure. 2013;21:277-89 pubmed publisher..D3.4 is specific for caspase-3 and does not bind the highly homologous caspase-7. D3.4 therefore is an excellent tool to define the precise role of caspase-3 in the various apoptotic pathways. ..
- Bovia F, Wolff N, Ryser S, Strub K. The SRP9/14 subunit of the human signal recognition particle binds to a variety of Alu-like RNAs and with higher affinity than its mouse homolog. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:318-26 pubmed
- Denzer A, Brandenberger R, Gesemann M, Chiquet M, Ruegg M. Agrin binds to the nerve-muscle basal lamina via laminin. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:671-83 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that binding of agrin to laminin provides the basis of its localization to synaptic basal lamina and other basement membranes. ..
- Lavery D, Lopez Molina L, Margueron R, Fleury Olela F, Conquet F, Schibler U, et al. Circadian expression of the steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp2a4) and coumarin 7-hydroxylase (Cyp2a5) genes in mouse liver is regulated by the PAR leucine zipper transcription factor DBP. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6488-99 pubmed..These experiments strongly suggest that DBP is a major factor controlling circadian expression of the Cyp2a4 and Cyp2a5 genes in the mouse liver. ..
- Fitzli D, Stoeckli E, Kunz S, Siribour K, Rader C, Kunz B, et al. A direct interaction of axonin-1 with NgCAM-related cell adhesion molecule (NrCAM) results in guidance, but not growth of commissural axons. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:951-68 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that axonin-1 is involved in guidance of commissural axons without promoting their growth. ..
- Dozier C, Kagoshima H, Niklaus G, Cassata G, Burglin T. The Caenorhabditis elegans Six/sine oculis class homeobox gene ceh-32 is required for head morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2001;236:289-303 pubmed..Our results suggest that VAB-3 acts upstream of ceh-32 during head morphogenesis and directly induces ceh-32. Thus, ceh-32 appears to be the first target gene of VAB-3 identified so far. ..