Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in France
Topic: protein binding
Publications655 found, 100 shown here
- Lemercier C, Brocard M, Puvion Dutilleul F, Kao H, Albagli O, Khochbin S. Class II histone deacetylases are directly recruited by BCL6 transcriptional repressor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22045-52 pubmed..Since PLZF, a BCL6 relative, could also interact with HDAC4, -5, and 7, we suggest that class II HDACs are largely involved in the control of the POK transcription factors activity. ..
- Onesto C, Berra E, Grepin R, Pages G. Poly(A)-binding protein-interacting protein 2, a strong regulator of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34217-26 pubmed..Hence, PAIP2 appears to be a crucial regulator of VEGF mRNA and as a consequence, any variation in its expression could modulate angiogenesis. ..
- Ramaen O, Sizun C, Pamlard O, Jacquet E, Lallemand J. Attempts to characterize the NBD heterodimer of MRP1: transient complex formation involves Gly771 of the ABC signature sequence but does not enhance the intrinsic ATPase activity. Biochem J. 2005;391:481-90 pubmed..NBD2 heterodimer of MRP1 is a transient complex. This labile interaction is not sufficient to induce an ATPase co-operativity of the NBDs and suggests that other structures are required for the ATPase activation mechanism. ..
- Ballut L, Drucker M, Pugniere M, Cambon F, Blanc S, Roquet F, et al. HcPro, a multifunctional protein encoded by a plant RNA virus, targets the 20S proteasome and affects its enzymic activities. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2595-603 pubmed
- Germain P, Gaudon C, Pogenberg V, Sanglier S, Van Dorsselaer A, Royer C, et al. Differential action on coregulator interaction defines inverse retinoid agonists and neutral antagonists. Chem Biol. 2009;16:479-89 pubmed publisher..These ligands will facilitate studies on the role of the constitutive activity of RARs, particularly of the tumor suppressor RARbeta, whose specific functions relative to other RARs have remained elusive. ..
- Mazars R, Gonzalez de Peredo A, Cayrol C, Lavigne A, Vogel J, Ortega N, et al. The THAP-zinc finger protein THAP1 associates with coactivator HCF-1 and O-GlcNAc transferase: a link between DYT6 and DYT3 dystonias. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13364-71 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, our results also provide an unexpected link between DYT6 and DYT3 (X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism) dystonias because the gene encoding the THAP1/DYT6 protein partner OGT maps within the DYT3 critical region on Xq13.1. ..
- Moutin E, Raynaud F, Fagni L, Perroy J. GKAP-DLC2 interaction organizes the postsynaptic scaffold complex to enhance synaptic NMDA receptor activity. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2030-40 pubmed publisher..These data identify a regulatory pathway of synaptic transmission that depends on activity-induced remodelling of the postsynaptic scaffold protein complex. ..
- Hidalgo M, Le Bouffant R, Bello V, Buisson N, Cormier P, Beaudry M, et al. The translational repressor 4E-BP mediates hypoxia-induced defects in myotome cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3989-4000 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies suggest that 4E-BP plays a central role under hypoxia in promoting the cap-independent translation at the expense of cap-dependent translation and triggers specific defects in muscle development. ..
- Cousido Siah A, Petrova T, Hazemann I, Mitschler A, Ruiz F, Howard E, et al. Crystal packing modifies ligand binding affinity: the case of aldose reductase. Proteins. 2012;80:2552-61 pubmed publisher..This conclusion highlights the need for additional methodologies in the case of FBS-X to validate this powerful screening technique, which is widely used. ..
- Bouraoui H, Ventroux M, Noirot Gros M, Deutscher J, Joyet P. Membrane sequestration by the EIIB domain of the mannitol permease MtlA activates the Bacillus subtilis mtl operon regulator MtlR. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:789-801 pubmed publisher..Induction of the B.?subtilis mtl operon therefore follows a novel regulation mechanism where the transcription activator needs to be sequestered to the membrane by unphosphorylated EIICB(Mtl) in order to be functional...
- Galinier A, Deutscher J, Martin Verstraete I. Phosphorylation of either crh or HPr mediates binding of CcpA to the bacillus subtilis xyn cre and catabolite repression of the xyn operon. J Mol Biol. 1999;286:307-14 pubmed..Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate was found to strongly enhance binding of the P-Ser-HPr/CcpA and P-Ser-Crh/CcpA complexes to the xyn cre, but had no effect on binding of CcpA alone. ..
- Madani S, Hichami A, Cherkaoui Malki M, Khan N, Charkaoui Malki M. Diacylglycerols containing Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids bind to RasGRP and modulate MAP kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1176-83 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that three DAG molecular species bind to RasGRP, but only DAG-AA and DAG-DHA participate in the modulation of RasGRP-mediated activation of MAP kinases in Jurkat T cells. ..
- Bossis G, Malnou C, Farras R, Andermarcher E, Hipskind R, Rodriguez M, et al. Down-regulation of c-Fos/c-Jun AP-1 dimer activity by sumoylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6964-79 pubmed..This supports the idea that this modification does not constitute a final inactivation step that necessarily precedes protein degradation. ..
- Catoire L, Zoonens M, van Heijenoort C, Giusti F, Popot J, Guittet E. Inter- and intramolecular contacts in a membrane protein/surfactant complex observed by heteronuclear dipole-to-dipole cross-relaxation. J Magn Reson. 2009;197:91-5 pubmed publisher..This study opens the perspective of collecting by NMR spectroscopy a new kind of through-space structural information involving aromatic and carbonyl (13)C atoms of large proteins. ..
- Couture O, Dransart E, Dehay S, Nemati F, Decaudin D, Johannes L, et al. Tumor delivery of ultrasound contrast agents using Shiga toxin B subunit. Mol Imaging. 2011;10:135-43 pubmed..The cell-binding moieties of toxins thus appear as a new group of ligands for angiogenesis imaging with ultrasound. ..
- Ngadjeua F, Chiaravalli J, Traincard F, Raynal B, Fontan E, Agou F. Two-sided ubiquitin binding of NF-?B essential modulator (NEMO) zinc finger unveiled by a mutation associated with anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia with immunodeficiency syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33722-37 pubmed publisher..Extensive mutagenesis was then performed on NEMO ZF and characterization of mutants allowed the proposal of a structural model of NEMO ZF in interaction with a Lys-63 di-Ub chain. ..
- Serre M, Letzelter C, Garel J, Duguet M. Cleavage properties of an archaeal site-specific recombinase, the SSV1 integrase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16758-67 pubmed..For the cleavage step, the chemical nature of the base in position -1 of cleavage seems to be more important than its pairing to the opposite strand...
- Boëda B, El Amraoui A, Bahloul A, Goodyear R, Daviet L, Blanchard S, et al. Myosin VIIa, harmonin and cadherin 23, three Usher I gene products that cooperate to shape the sensory hair cell bundle. EMBO J. 2002;21:6689-99 pubmed..We propose that the shaping of the hair bundle relies on a functional unit composed of myosin VIIa, harmonin b and cadherin 23 that is essential to ensure the cohesion of the stereocilia. ..
- Maiorano D, Rul W, Mechali M. Cell cycle regulation of the licensing activity of Cdt1 in Xenopus laevis. Exp Cell Res. 2004;295:138-49 pubmed..These results suggest a specific regulation of origin firing adapted to the rapid cell cycles of Xenopus and indicate that periodic degradation of geminin is not relevant to licensing during embryonic development. ..
- Ezraty B, Grimaud R, El Hassouni M, Moinier D, Barras F. Methionine sulfoxide reductases protect Ffh from oxidative damages in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 2004;23:1868-77 pubmed..We conclude that MsrA and MsrB are required to repair Ffh oxidized by reactive oxygen species produced by aerobic metabolism, establishing an as-yet undescribed link between protein targeting and oxidation. ..
- Mathieu M, Debousker G, Vincent S, Viviani F, Bamas Jacques N, Mikol V. Escherichia coli FolC structure reveals an unexpected dihydrofolate binding site providing an attractive target for anti-microbial therapy. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18916-22 pubmed..As such, the presence of a folate binding site in E. coli FolC, which is different from the one seen in FPGS enzymes, provides avenues for the design of specific inhibitors of this enzyme in antimicrobial therapy. ..
- Robin G, DeBonis S, Dornier A, Cappello G, Ebel C, Wade R, et al. Essential kinesins: characterization of Caenorhabditis elegans KLP-15. Biochemistry. 2005;44:6526-36 pubmed..3 microm/min and moves toward microtubule minus ends, like other members of the kinesin-14 subfamily studied to date. ..
- Bigay J, Casella J, Drin G, Mesmin B, Antonny B. ArfGAP1 responds to membrane curvature through the folding of a lipid packing sensor motif. EMBO J. 2005;24:2244-53 pubmed..This helix differs from classical amphipathic helices by the abundance of serine and threonine residues on its polar face. ..
- Pavio N, Battaglia S, Boucreux D, Arnulf B, Sobesky R, Hermine O, et al. Hepatitis C virus core variants isolated from liver tumor but not from adjacent non-tumor tissue interact with Smad3 and inhibit the TGF-beta pathway. Oncogene. 2005;24:6119-32 pubmed..These results suggest that during chronic infection, there is selection of viral variants that may promote cell transformation by providing, to clonally expanding cells, resistance to TGF-beta antiproliferative effects. ..
- Sabin C, Mitchell E, Pokorná M, Gautier C, Utille J, Wimmerova M, et al. Binding of different monosaccharides by lectin PA-IIL from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: thermodynamics data correlated with X-ray structures. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:982-7 pubmed..A combination of the structures and thermodynamics provided clues for the role of the hydrophobic group in affinity. ..
- Mavrakis M, M houas S, R al E, Iseni F, Blondel D, Tordo N, et al. Rabies virus chaperone: identification of the phosphoprotein peptide that keeps nucleoprotein soluble and free from non-specific RNA. Virology. 2006;349:422-9 pubmed publisher..Coexpression and coimmunoprecipitation experiments and yeast two-hybrid experiments showed that this peptide alone could bind to N in vivo...
- Clery A, Bourguignon Igel V, Allmang C, Krol A, Branlant C. An improved definition of the RNA-binding specificity of SECIS-binding protein 2, an essential component of the selenocysteine incorporation machinery. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1868-84 pubmed..Finally, in accordance with functional data on SECIS elements, the identity of residues at positions 2 and 3 in the loop influences SBP2 affinity. Altogether, the data provide a very precise definition of the SBP2 RNA specificity. ..
- Oestreicher N, Ribard C, Scazzocchio C. The nadA gene of Aspergillus nidulans, encoding adenine deaminase, is subject to a unique regulatory pattern. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:760-75 pubmed..The adB gene, encoding adenylo-succinate synthetase, which can be considered both a biosynthetic and a salvage pathway enzyme, shares with nadA both ammonium and adenosine induction. ..
- Corellou F, Schwartz C, Motta J, Djouani Tahri E, Sanchez F, Bouget F. Clocks in the green lineage: comparative functional analysis of the circadian architecture of the picoeukaryote ostreococcus. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3436-49 pubmed publisher..The emergence of functional genomics in a simple green cell with a small genome may facilitate increased understanding of how complex cellular processes such as the circadian clock have evolved in plants. ..
- Diot C, Kibleur Y, Desfrere L. Effect of ibuprofen on bilirubin-albumin binding in vitro at concentrations observed during treatment of patent ductus arteriosus. Early Hum Dev. 2010;86:315-7 pubmed publisher..e. within the range of in vivo concentrations at the recommended dose regimen. ..
- Smirnov A, Entelis N, Martin R, Tarassov I. Biological significance of 5S rRNA import into human mitochondria: role of ribosomal protein MRP-L18. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1289-305 pubmed publisher..Inside mitochondria, the cytosolic 5S rRNA is shown to be associated with mitochondrial ribosomes. ..
- Mediouni S, Watkins J, Pierres M, Bole A, Loret E, Baillat G. A monoclonal antibody directed against a conformational epitope of the HIV-1 trans-activator (Tat) protein neutralizes cross-clade. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11942-50 pubmed publisher..This mAb has an important potential in therapeutic passive immunization and could help HIV-1 infected patients to restore their immunity. ..
- Spencer A, Yu L, Guili V, Reynaud F, Ding Y, Ma J, et al. Nerve Growth Factor Signaling from Membrane Microdomains to the Nucleus: Differential Regulation by Caveolins. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results presented herein underline the role of caveolin and receptor signaling complex interplay in the context of neuronal development and tumorigenesis. ..
- Poterszman A, Andersen G, Busso D, Rossignol M, Egly J, Thierry J. Expression in Escherichia coli: purification and characterization of cyclin H, a subunit of the human general transcription/DNA repair factor TFIIH. Protein Expr Purif. 1997;9:153-8 pubmed..The scale-up of cyclin H purification is described. ..
- Um S, Harbers M, Benecke A, Pierrat B, Losson R, Chambon P. Retinoic acid receptors interact physically and functionally with the T:G mismatch-specific thymine-DNA glycosylase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20728-36 pubmed..In vitro, TDG enhanced RXR and RXR/RAR binding to their response elements. These data indicate that TDG is not only a repair enzyme, but could also function in the control of transcription. ..
- Brodu V, Mugat B, Roignant J, Lepesant J, Antoniewski C. Dual requirement for the EcR/USP nuclear receptor and the dGATAb factor in an ecdysone response in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:5732-42 pubmed..In addition, we provide further evidence that EcR/USP plays an essential role as a hormonal timer. Our study provides a striking example of the integration of molecular pathways at the level of a tissue-specific hormone response unit. ..
- Duvet S, Op De Beeck A, Cocquerel L, Wychowski C, Cacan R, Dubuisson J. Glycosylation of the hepatitis C virus envelope protein E1 occurs posttranslationally in a mannosylphosphoryldolichol-deficient CHO mutant cell line. Glycobiology. 2002;12:95-101 pubmed..Comparisons with the N-glycosylation of other proteins expressed in B3F7 cells indicate that the posttranslational glycosylation of E1 is likely due to specific folding features of this acceptor protein. ..
- Lethimonier C, Tujague M, Kern L, Ducouret B. Peptide insertion in the DNA-binding domain of fish glucocorticoid receptor is encoded by an additional exon and confers particular functional properties. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;194:107-16 pubmed..This original DBD structure could have emerged during evolution such as to allow better regulation of glucocorticoid dependent genes in relation to the large spectrum of cortisol physiological functions in fish. ..
- Cascales E, Lloubes R. Deletion analyses of the peptidoglycan-associated lipoprotein Pal reveals three independent binding sequences including a TolA box. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:873-85 pubmed..Furthermore, a conserved polypeptide sequence located downstream of the peptidoglycan binding motif of Pal was required for the TolA-Pal interaction and for the maintenance of outer membrane stability. ..
- Bourdoncle A, Labesse G, Margueron R, Castet A, Cavailles V, Royer C. The nuclear receptor coactivator PGC-1alpha exhibits modes of interaction with the estrogen receptor distinct from those of SRC-1. J Mol Biol. 2005;347:921-34 pubmed
- Antoine K, Ferbus D, Kolahgar G, Prospéri M, Goubin G. Zinc finger protein overexpressed in colon carcinoma interacts with the telomeric protein hRap1. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:763-8 pubmed..This suggests that OZF overexpression in tumours may alter the balance between hRap1 and other telomeric proteins and therefore that OZF function may be linked to telomere regulation. ..
- Barres R, Gonzalez T, Le Marchand Brustel Y, Tanti J. The interaction between the adaptor protein APS and Enigma is involved in actin organisation. Exp Cell Res. 2005;308:334-44 pubmed..These results identify Enigma as a novel APS-binding protein and suggest that the APS/Enigma complex plays a critical role in actin cytoskeleton organisation. ..
- Teixeira M, Viengchareun S, Butlen D, Ferreira C, Cluzeaud F, Blot Chabaud M, et al. Functional IsK/KvLQT1 potassium channel in a new corticosteroid-sensitive cell line derived from the inner ear. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10496-507 pubmed
- Gérard A, Koundrioukoff S, Ramillon V, Sergère J, Mailand N, Quivy J, et al. The replication kinase Cdc7-Dbf4 promotes the interaction of the p150 subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1 with proliferating cell nuclear antigen. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:817-23 pubmed..Conversely, CAF1 recruitment is reduced in a PCNA/DNA loading assay using Cdc7-depleted extracts. Our data define p150 as a new target for this kinase with implications for the coordination between DNA replication and CAF1 functions. ..
- Essafi Benkhadir K, Onesto C, Stebe E, Moroni C, Pages G. Tristetraprolin inhibits Ras-dependent tumor vascularization by inducing vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4648-58 pubmed..Determination of TTP and ERKs status would provide useful information for the evaluation of the angiogenic potential in human tumors. ..
- Paidassi H, Tacnet Delorme P, Garlatti V, Darnault C, Ghebrehiwet B, Gaboriaud C, et al. C1q binds phosphatidylserine and likely acts as a multiligand-bridging molecule in apoptotic cell recognition. J Immunol. 2008;180:2329-38 pubmed..Given its versatile recognition properties, these data suggest that C1q has the unique ability to sense different markers which collectively would provide strong eat me signals, thereby allowing efficient apoptotic cell removal. ..
- Adoue V, Chavanas S, Coudane F, Méchin M, Caubet C, Ying S, et al. Long-range enhancer differentially regulated by c-Jun and JunD controls peptidylarginine deiminase-3 gene in keratinocytes. J Mol Biol. 2008;384:1048-57 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the molecular bases of the expression specificity of PADI1 and PADI3 during keratinocyte differentiation through a long-range enhancer and support a model of PADI gene regulation depending on c-Jun-JunD competition. ..
- Bally I, Rossi V, Lunardi T, Thielens N, Gaboriaud C, Arlaud G. Identification of the C1q-binding Sites of Human C1r and C1s: a refined three-dimensional model of the C1 complex of complement. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19340-8 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is similar to that demonstrated for mannan-binding lectin (MBL)-MBL-associated serine protease and ficolin-MBL-associated serine protease complexes. ..
- Dielen A, Sassaki F, Walter J, Michon T, Ménard G, Pagny G, et al. The 20S proteasome ?5 subunit of Arabidopsis thaliana carries an RNase activity and interacts in planta with the lettuce mosaic potyvirus HcPro protein. Mol Plant Pathol. 2011;12:137-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results extend to A. thaliana ?(5) the range of HcPro-interacting proteasomal subunits, and suggest that HcPro may modulate its associated RNase activity which may contribute to an antiviral response. ..
- Sanson B, Colletier J, Xu Y, Lang P, Jiang H, Silman I, et al. Backdoor opening mechanism in acetylcholinesterase based on X-ray crystallography and molecular dynamics simulations. Protein Sci. 2011;20:1114-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the crystal structure presented provides a novel template for rational design of inhibitors and reactivators, including anti-Alzheimer drugs and antidotes against organophosphate poisoning. ..
- Diring J, Camuzeaux B, Donzeau M, Vigneron M, Rosa Calatrava M, Kedinger C, et al. A cytoplasmic negative regulator isoform of ATF7 impairs ATF7 and ATF2 phosphorylation and transcriptional activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23351 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore conclusively establish that ATF7-4 is an important cytoplasmic negative regulator of ATF7 and ATF2 transcription factors. ..
- Perraki A, Cacas J, Crowet J, Lins L, Castroviejo M, German Retana S, et al. Plasma membrane localization of Solanum tuberosum remorin from group 1, homolog 3 is mediated by conformational changes in a novel C-terminal anchor and required for the restriction of potato virus X movement]. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:624-37 pubmed publisher..3 localization abolish StREM1.3 function in restricting potato virus X movement. The mechanisms described here provide new insights on the control and function of lateral segregation of plant PM. ..
- Ducat A, Doridot L, Calicchio R, MÃ©hats C, Vilotte J, Castille J, et al. Endothelial cell dysfunction and cardiac hypertrophy in the STOX1 model of preeclampsia. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19196 pubmed publisher..The STOX1 mice could help to better understand the endothelial dysfunction in the context of preeclampsia, and guide the search for efficient therapies able to protect the maternal endothelium during the disease and its aftermath. ..
- Bontemps Gallo S, Madec E, Robbe Masselot C, Souche E, Dondeyne J, Lacroix J. The opgC gene is required for OPGs succinylation and is osmoregulated through RcsCDB and EnvZ/OmpR in the phytopathogen Dickeya dadantii. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19619 pubmed publisher..The loss of O-succinyl residue did not affect the virulence of D. dadantii, suggesting that only the glucose backbone of OPGs is required for virulence. ..
- Zalcman G, Closson V, Camonis J, Honore N, Rousseau Merck M, Tavitian A, et al. RhoGDI-3 is a new GDP dissociation inhibitor (GDI). Identification of a non-cytosolic GDI protein interacting with the small GTP-binding proteins RhoB and RhoG. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30366-74 pubmed..No interaction is found with RhoA, RhoC, or Rac1 proteins. We show that GDI-3 is able to inhibit GDP/GTP exchange of RhoB and to release GDP-bound but not GTP-bound RhoB from cell membranes. ..
- Menin L, Schoepp B, Garcia D, Parot P, Vermeglio A. Characterization of the reaction center bound tetraheme cytochrome of Rhodocyclus tenuis. Biochemistry. 1997;36:12175-82 pubmed..The orientation patterns thus obtained corresponds to none of the arrangements described so far for reaction center bound cytochromes...
- Castaing B, Fourrey J, Hervouet N, Thomas M, Boiteux S, Zelwer C. AP site structural determinants for Fpg specific recognition. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:608-15 pubmed..This comparative study provides new information about the molecular mechanism involved in the Fpg AP lyase activity. ..
- Gallet A, Angelats C, Erkner A, Charroux B, Fasano L, Kerridge S. The C-terminal domain of armadillo binds to hypophosphorylated teashirt to modulate wingless signalling in Drosophila. EMBO J. 1999;18:2208-17 pubmed..We discuss these results with respect to current models of Armadillo/beta-catenin action for the transmission of the Wingless/Wnt pathway. ..
- Cosson B, Couturier A, Chabelskaya S, Kiktev D, Inge Vechtomov S, Philippe M, et al. Poly(A)-binding protein acts in translation termination via eukaryotic release factor 3 interaction and does not influence [PSI(+)] propagation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3301-15 pubmed..Third, prion-curing properties of overexpressed HSP104p, which is required for formation and maintenance of [PSI(+)], were not modified by excess Pab1p. ..
- Malaud E, Hourton D, Giroux L, Ninio E, Buckland R, McGregor J. The terminal six amino-acids of the carboxy cytoplasmic tail of CD36 contain a functional domain implicated in the binding and capture of oxidized low-density lipoprotein. Biochem J. 2002;364:507-15 pubmed..This study shows, for the first time, a specific site on the CD36 cytoplasmic tail that is critical for the binding, endocytosis and targeting of OxLDL. ..
- Rejraji H, Vernet P, Drevet J. GPX5 is present in the mouse caput and cauda epididymidis lumen at three different locations. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:96-103 pubmed..These data suggest that complex phenomena and structures participate in the transfer and binding of the caput-secreted GPX5 protein to the sperm plasma membrane. ..
- Chamboredon S, Briggs J, Vial E, Hurault J, Galvagni F, Oliviero S, et al. v-Jun downregulates the SPARC target gene by binding to the proximal promoter indirectly through Sp1/3. Oncogene. 2003;22:4047-61 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that v-Jun downregulates SPARC through the formation of a DNA-Sp1/3-v-Jun, chromatin-associated complex. ..
- David G, Blondeau K, Schiltz M, Penel S, Lewit Bentley A. YodA from Escherichia coli is a metal-binding, lipocalin-like protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43728-35 pubmed..coli. ..
- Cohen M, Stutz F, Dargemont C. Deubiquitination, a new player in Golgi to endoplasmic reticulum retrograde transport. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51989-92 pubmed..Bre5p complex. All together, our results indicate that the Ubp3p.Bre5p deubiquitination complex co-regulates anterograde and retrograde transports between endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments. ..
- Ecroyd H, Belghazi M, Dacheux J, Gatti J. The epididymal soluble prion protein forms a high-molecular-mass complex in association with hydrophobic proteins. Biochem J. 2005;392:211-9 pubmed
- Chipot C, Tarek M. Interaction of a peptide nanotube with a water-membrane interface. Phys Biol. 2006;3:S20-5 pubmed..The latter opens new questions about how peptide nanotubes permeate the membrane, in particular whether or not (i) self-assembly precedes partitioning and (ii) translocation occurs with the complete tubular structure. ..
- Lasfer M, Davenne L, Vadrot N, Alexia C, Sadji Ouatas Z, Bringuier A, et al. Protein kinase PKC delta and c-Abl are required for mitochondrial apoptosis induction by genotoxic stress in the absence of p53, p73 and Fas receptor. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2547-52 pubmed..We propose that, in the absence of p53, p73 and Fas, genotoxic drugs could require both PKCdelta and c-Abl to induce apoptosis through the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Picaud T, Desbois A. Interaction of glutathione reductase with heavy metal: the binding of Hg(II) or Cd(II) to the reduced enzyme affects both the redox dithiol pair and the flavin. Biochemistry. 2006;45:15829-37 pubmed..The bound metal ion then acts on the bending of the isoalloxazine ring of FAD as well as on the hydrophobicity of its microenvironment. ..
- Nicolas C, Park K, El Harchi A, Camonis J, Kass R, Escande D, et al. IKs response to protein kinase A-dependent KCNQ1 phosphorylation requires direct interaction with microtubules. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:427-35 pubmed publisher..We propose that the KCNQ1-KCNE1 channel directly interacts with microtubules and that this interaction plays a major role in coupling PKA-dependent phosphorylation of KCNQ1 with I(Ks) activation. ..
- Hanoulle X, Badillo A, Wieruszeski J, Verdegem D, Landrieu I, Bartenschlager R, et al. Hepatitis C virus NS5A protein is a substrate for the peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase activity of cyclophilins A and B. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13589-601 pubmed publisher..NMR heteronuclear exchange spectroscopy yielded direct evidence that many proline residues in NS5A-D2 form a valid substrate for the enzymatic peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) activity of CypA and CypB. ..
- Shuaib M, Ouararhni K, Dimitrov S, Hamiche A. HJURP binds CENP-A via a highly conserved N-terminal domain and mediates its deposition at centromeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1349-54 pubmed publisher..Our data identified HJURP as a vertebrate CENP-A chaperone and dissected its mode of interactions with CENP-A. ..
- Giamarchi A, Feng S, Rodat Despoix L, Xu Y, Bubenshchikova E, Newby L, et al. A polycystin-2 (TRPP2) dimerization domain essential for the function of heteromeric polycystin complexes. EMBO J. 2010;29:1176-91 pubmed publisher..Mutations that affect PC2 C-terminal homo- and heteromerization are the likely molecular basis of cyst formation in ADPKD. ..
- Cowling B, Cottle D, Wilding B, D Arcy C, Mitchell C, McGrath M. Four and a half LIM protein 1 gene mutations cause four distinct human myopathies: a comprehensive review of the clinical, histological and pathological features. Neuromuscul Disord. 2011;21:237-51 pubmed publisher..This review will profile each of the FHL1, with a comprehensive analysis of mutations, a comparison of the clinical and histopathological features and will present several hypotheses for the possible disease mechanism(s). ..
- Denery Papini S, Bodinier M, Larre C, Brossard C, Pineau F, Triballeau S, et al. Allergy to deamidated gluten in patients tolerant to wheat: specific epitopes linked to deamidation. Allergy. 2012;67:1023-32 pubmed publisher..Allergy to DG is a separate entity from wheat allergy. It can be evidenced by strong IgE binding to deamidated gliadins or peptides of the type QPEEPFPE. ..
- Guiraud S, Van Wittenberghe L, Georger C, Scherman D, Kichler A. Identification of decorin derived peptides with a zinc dependent anti-myostatin activity. Neuromuscul Disord. 2012;22:1057-68 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that the N-terminal domain of decorin is sufficient for the binding to myostatin and they underscore the crucial role for this interaction of zinc and the cysteine cluster. ..
- Cala O, Dufourc E, Fouquet E, Manigand C, Laguerre M, Pianet I. The colloidal state of tannins impacts the nature of their interaction with proteins: the case of salivary proline-rich protein/procyanidins binding. Langmuir. 2012;28:17410-8 pubmed publisher..Such physicochemical findings describe in accurate terms saliva protein-tannin interactions and provide support for a more subtle description by oenologists of wine astringency perception in the mouth. ..
- Zhao J, Lambert G, Meijer A, Rosa F. The transcription factor Vox represses endoderm development by interacting with Casanova and Pou2. Development. 2013;140:1090-9 pubmed publisher..Cell fate analysis further shows that Vox plays a key role downstream of BMP signals in regulating the capacity of Nodal to induce endoderm versus mesoderm by modulating the activity of the Casanova/Pou2 regulatory system. ..
- Amoasii L, Hnia K, Chicanne G, Brech A, Cowling B, Müller M, et al. Myotubularin and PtdIns3P remodel the sarcoplasmic reticulum in muscle in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1806-19 pubmed publisher..We propose that alteration in SR remodeling is a primary cause of X-linked centronuclear myopathy. The tight regulation of PtdIns3P on specific membrane subdomains may be a general mechanism to control membrane curvature. ..
- Del Prete S, Vullo D, Osman S, Alothman Z, Donald W, Winum J, et al. Anion inhibitors of the ?-carbonic anhydrase from the pathogenic bacterium responsible of tularemia, Francisella tularensis. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4800-4804 pubmed publisher..As Francisella tularensis is the causative agent of tularemia, the discovery of compounds that can interfere with the life cycle of this pathogen may result in novel opportunities to fight antibiotic drug resistance. ..
- Nicolas E, Morales V, Magnaghi Jaulin L, Harel Bellan A, Richard Foy H, Trouche D. RbAp48 belongs to the histone deacetylase complex that associates with the retinoblastoma protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9797-804 pubmed..Finally, we found that E2F1 and RbAp48 are physically associated in the presence of Rb and HDAC1, suggesting that RbAp48 could be involved in transcriptional repression of E2F-responsive genes. ..
- Beven L, Adenier H, Kichenama R, Homand J, Redeker V, Le Caer J, et al. Ca2+-myristoyl switch and membrane binding of chemically acylated neurocalcins. Biochemistry. 2001;40:8152-60 pubmed..The ability to modify at will the fatty acid linked to the N-terminal glycine should be useful to analyze the contribution of the fatty acid moiety to the biological function of this family of neuronal calcium sensors. ..
- Bontemps Y, Vuillermoz B, Antonicelli F, Perreau C, Danan J, Maquart F, et al. Specific protein-1 is a universal regulator of UDP-glucose dehydrogenase expression: its positive involvement in transforming growth factor-beta signaling and inhibition in hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21566-75 pubmed..These results indicate that numerous Sp1 cis-acting sequences of the UGDH core promoter are responsible for up- and down-regulation of the gene after TGF-beta stimulation and in hypoxic conditions, respectively. ..
- Ruminy P, Rouet P, Salier J. An interplay of Sp1, GKLF and CREB-2 controls human Pre-alpha-Inhibitor gene (ITIH3) transcription. Gene. 2003;315:133-44 pubmed
- Stewart C, Laugier Anfossi F, Vely F, Saulquin X, Riedmuller J, Tisserant A, et al. Recognition of peptide-MHC class I complexes by activating killer immunoglobulin-like receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13224-9 pubmed..We discuss how our results for KIR2DS1 and parallel studies on KIR2DS2 relate to the association between activating KIR genes and susceptibility to autoimmune disorders...
- Mesplede T, Island M, Christeff N, Petek F, Doly J, Navarro S. The POU transcription factor Oct-1 represses virus-induced interferon A gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8717-31 pubmed..Finally, the IFN-A expression pattern is modified in Oct-1-deficient MEFs. The broad representation of effective and potent octamer-like sequences within IFN-A promoters suggests an important role for Oct-1 in IFN-A regulation. ..
- Coste F, Ober M, Le Bihan Y, Izquierdo M, Hervouet N, Mueller H, et al. Bacterial base excision repair enzyme Fpg recognizes bulky N7-substituted-FapydG lesion via unproductive binding mode. Chem Biol. 2008;15:706-17 pubmed publisher..Contrary to the binding mode of cFapydG, the particular recognition of Bz-cFapydG leads the BER enzymes to unproductive complexes which would hide the lesion and slow down its repair by the NER machinery. ..
- Bernard C, Bordi C, Termine E, Filloux A, de Bentzmann S. Organization and PprB-dependent control of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa tad Locus, involved in Flp pilus biology. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:1961-73 pubmed publisher..However, our results suggest that the putative RcpC protein modifies the Flp pilin, thereby promoting Flp-dependent adhesion to eukaryotic cells. ..
- Reber L, Vermeulen L, Haegeman G, Frossard N. Ser276 phosphorylation of NF-kB p65 by MSK1 controls SCF expression in inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4393 pubmed publisher..Our study provides therefore a direct link between MSK1-mediated phosphorylation of Ser276 p65 of NF-kappaB, allowing its binding to the SCF intronic enhancer, and pathophysiological SCF expression in inflammation. ..