Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on prevalence in Italy
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- Sozzi F, Elhendy A, Rizzello V, Biagini E, van Domburg R, Schinkel A, et al. Prognostic significance of myocardial ischemia during dobutamine stress echocardiography in asymptomatic patients with diabetes mellitus and no prior history of coronary events. Am J Cardiol. 2007;99:1193-5 pubmed..Ischemia was incremental to the clinical parameters. In conclusion, myocardial ischemia is an independent predictor of cardiac events in asymptomatic diabetic patients with no previous coronary artery disease. ..
- Lambiase A, Raia V, Stefani S, Sepe A, Ferri P, Buonpensiero P, et al. Burkholderia cepacia complex infection in a cohort of Italian patients with cystic fibrosis. J Microbiol. 2007;45:275-9 pubmed..About half of the strains (41%) had homogeneous profiles, suggesting cross-transmission. The infection by B. cenocepacia was associated to a high rate of mortality (p=0.01). ..
- Borella P, Bargellini A, Marchesi I, Rovesti S, Stancanelli G, Scaltriti S, et al. Prevalence of anti-legionella antibodies among Italian hospital workers. J Hosp Infect. 2008;69:148-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the presence of legionella antibodies may be associated with occupational exposure in the hospital environment, but there was no evidence of any association with disease...
- Luciani A, Ascione G, Marussi D, Oldani S, Caldiera S, Bozzoni S, et al. Clinical analysis of multiple primary malignancies in the elderly. Med Oncol. 2009;26:27-31 pubmed publisher..Significant cancer association according to field cancerogenesis concept was the one of smoking-related cancer; other MPM patterns were apparently a random phenomenon. ..
- Adinolfi L, Restivo L, Guerrera B, Sellitto A, Ciervo A, Iuliano N, et al. Chronic HCV infection is a risk factor of ischemic stroke. Atherosclerosis. 2013;231:22-6 pubmed publisher..HCV infected patients are at higher and earlier risk of stroke. Inflammation is a key mediator. Clinicians in clinical practice and researchers in future trials should take into account these new findings. ..
- Tursi A, Brandimarte G, Giorgetti G, Elisei W. Transient lactose malabsorption in patients affected by symptomatic uncomplicated diverticular disease of the colon. Dig Dis Sci. 2006;51:461-5 pubmed..In conclusion, most pts affected by symptomatic uncomplicated diverticular disease of the colon showed LM, and in more than 70% of cases it disappeared after successful treatment of the colonic disease. ..
- Sodi A, Giambene B, Marcucci R, Sofi F, Bolli P, Abbate R, et al. Atherosclerotic and thrombophilic risk factors in patients with recurrent central retinal vein occlusion. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2008;18:233-8 pubmed..A complete assessment of atherosclerotic and thrombophilic risk factors in CRVO patients. In addition, the need for a specific treatment is suggested. ..
- Bosis S, Esposito S, Niesters H, Zuccotti G, Marseglia G, Lanari M, et al. Role of respiratory pathogens in infants hospitalized for a first episode of wheezing and their impact on recurrences. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2008;14:677-84 pubmed publisher..A high viral load seems to be strictly related to the likelihood of recurrence...
- Trere D, Brighenti E, Donati G, Ceccarelli C, Santini D, Taffurelli M, et al. High prevalence of retinoblastoma protein loss in triple-negative breast cancers and its association with a good prognosis in patients treated with adjuvant chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1818-23 pubmed publisher..pRb loss is much more frequent in TNBCs than in the other breast cancer subtypes. Patients with TNBCs lacking pRb had a very favorable clinical outcome if treated with conventional adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Scaramuzza A, De Palma A, Mameli C, Spiri D, Santoro L, Zuccotti G. Adolescents with type 1 diabetes and risky behaviour. Acta Paediatr. 2010;99:1237-41 pubmed publisher..01). Adolescents with T1DM are as likely as their healthy peers to engage in risky behaviour, indicating the potential benefit of anticipatory guidance concerning glycaemic control and increased risk of acute and chronic complications. ..
- Cagnoli C, Stevanin G, Brussino A, Barberis M, Mancini C, Margolis R, et al. Missense mutations in the AFG3L2 proteolytic domain account for ?1.5% of European autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxias. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:1117-24 pubmed publisher..Screening for SCA28, is warranted in patients who test negative for more common SCAs and present with a slowly progressive cerebellar ataxia accompanied by oculomotor signs...
- Pilo C, Altea A, Pirino S, Nicolussi P, Varcasia A, Genchi M, et al. Strongylus vulgaris (Looss, 1900) in horses in Italy: is it still a problem?. Vet Parasitol. 2012;184:161-7 pubmed publisher..vulgaris infection worldwide, our data show that this parasite continues to exert its pathogenic role, even when its detection rate is quite low within the strongyle population infecting horses...
- Fadini G, Marcuzzo G, Marescotti M, de Kreutzenberg S, Avogaro A. Elevated white blood cell count is associated with prevalence and development of the metabolic syndrome and its components in the general population. Acta Diabetol. 2012;49:445-51 pubmed publisher..26; 95 % CI 1.01-1.58). In conclusion, elevated WBC is intimately linked to the prevalence and future development of the MS in a young population of working subjects. ..
- Coppola A, Caccavale C, Santulli L, Balestrini S, Cagnetti C, Licchetta L, et al. Psychiatric comorbidities in patients from seven families with autosomal dominant cortical tremor, myoclonus, and epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;56:38-43 pubmed publisher..Patients with ADCME show a significant psychiatric burden that impairs their quality of life. A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation should be offered at the time of diagnosis to detect these comorbidities and to treat them. ..
- Brucato A, Frassi M, Franceschini F, Cimaz R, Faden D, Pisoni M, et al. Risk of congenital complete heart block in newborns of mothers with anti-Ro/SSA antibodies detected by counterimmunoelectrophoresis: a prospective study of 100 women. Arthritis Rheum. 2001;44:1832-5 pubmed..Additional electrocardiographic abnormalities such as sinus bradycardia and prolongation of the QT interval may be present in their children. ..
- Picci R, Vigna Taglianti F, Oliva F, Mathis F, Salmaso S, Ostacoli L, et al. Personality disorders among patients accessing alcohol detoxification treatment: prevalence and gender differences. Compr Psychiatry. 2012;53:355-63 pubmed publisher..More studies are needed to clarify prevalence and associations of PDs, prognosis, and gender differences in alcoholics patients. ..
- Boyle P, Robertson C, Mazzetta C, Keech M, Hobbs F, Fourcade R, et al. The prevalence of lower urinary tract symptoms in men and women in four centres. The UrEpik study. BJU Int. 2003;92:409-14 pubmed..These findings emphasize that the IPSS should be confined to within-patient comparisons and not used as a diagnostic tool. The IPSS performs very similarly regardless of gender. ..
- Saccà S, Pascotto A, Venturino G, Prigione G, Mastromarino A, Baldi F, et al. Prevalence and treatment of Helicobacter pylori in patients with blepharitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:501-8 pubmed..After exclusions, the blepharitis group consisted of 186 patients with blepharitis and a control group of 215 patients...
- Cigolini M, Iagulli M, Miconi V, Galiotto M, Lombardi S, Targher G. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentrations and prevalence of cardiovascular disease among type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care. 2006;29:722-4 pubmed
- Barbieri P, Tomenzoli D, Morassi L, Festa R, Fernicola C. [Sino-nasal inverted papillomas and occupational etiology]. G Ital Med Lav Ergon. 2005;27:422-6 pubmed..Lastly, among the 70 cases of inverted papilloma, we observed 5 with malignant degeneration. ..
- Di Cerbo A, Roncari S, Zanzani S, Bencetti F, Manfredi M. [Gastrointestinal parasites in goat farms from Bergamo province (Lombardy, north Italy)]. Parassitologia. 2006;48:385-9 pubmed..With regard to the sampling seasons, Strongylida eggs were more prevalent in summer while Nematodirus in winter in goats at pasture. Strongyloides occurred more frequently in autumn in stabled goats. ..
- Marchiori A, Mosena L, Prins M, Prandoni P. The risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism among heterozygous carriers of factor V Leiden or prothrombin G20210A mutation. A systematic review of prospective studies. Haematologica. 2007;92:1107-14 pubmed..The risk is lower with PTM and is difficult to interpret since it varies according to the assessment method used. ..
- Angelillo N, Di Costanzo B, Angelillo M, Costa G, Barillari M, Barillari U. Epidemiological study on vocal disorders in paediatric age. J Prev Med Hyg. 2008;49:1-5 pubmed
- Ravaglia G, Forti P, Lucicesare A, Rietti E, Pisacane N, Mariani E, et al. Prevalent depressive symptoms as a risk factor for conversion to mild cognitive impairment in an elderly Italian cohort. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008;16:834-43 pubmed publisher..The association is stronger for the MCI subtype without memory impairment. ..
- Lippi G, Montagnana M, Favaloro E, Franchini M. Mental depression and cardiovascular disease: a multifaceted, bidirectional association. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2009;35:325-36 pubmed publisher..This article aims to review the biological and clinical links between depression and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Tomaello L, Zanolla L, Vassanelli C, LoCascio V, Ferrari M. Sleep disordered breathing is associated with appropriate implantable cardioverter defibrillator therapy in congestive heart failure patients. Clin Cardiol. 2010;33:E27-30 pubmed publisher..001, r = - 0.619; P = .003, respectively). Sleep disordered breathing is frequent in ICD recipients due to left systolic ventricular dysfunction and may increase the risk of ventricular arrhythmia and appropriate ICD discharges. ..
- Costa A, Peppe A, Carlesimo G, Salamone G, Caltagirone C. Prevalence and characteristics of alexithymia in Parkinson's disease. Psychosomatics. 2010;51:22-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that some facets of alexithymia are a relevant feature of PD, possibly in relation to the neuropathological changes that characterize the disease. ..
- Perugi G, Ceraudo G, Vannucchi G, Rizzato S, Toni C, Dell osso L. Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms in Italian bipolar adult patients: a preliminary report. J Affect Disord. 2013;149:430-4 pubmed publisher..Further prospective research is needed to confirm our findings and to explore treatment implications for the management of BD. ..
- Manfredini D, Winocur E, Guarda Nardini L, Paesani D, Lobbezoo F. Epidemiology of bruxism in adults: a systematic review of the literature. J Orofac Pain. 2013;27:99-110 pubmed publisher..Findings must be interpreted with caution due to the poor methodological quality of the reviewed literature and to potential diagnostic bias related with having to rely on an individual's self-report of bruxism. ..
- Mazziotti G, Dordoni C, Doga M, Galderisi F, Venturini M, Calzavara Pinton P, et al. High prevalence of radiological vertebral fractures in adult patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Bone. 2016;84:88-92 pubmed publisher..The lack of correlation between vertebral fractures and BMD is consistent with the hypothesis that bone quality may be impaired in EDS. ..
- Simioni P, Prandoni P, Lensing A, Manfrin D, Tormene D, Gavasso S, et al. Risk for subsequent venous thromboembolic complications in carriers of the prothrombin or the factor V gene mutation with a first episode of deep-vein thrombosis. Blood. 2000;96:3329-33 pubmed..2 to 30.1) in patients without the mutations. Prothrombin and factor V gene mutations occur frequently in patients with venous thrombosis and are associated with an increased risk for recurrent venous thromboembolic complications. ..
- Conedera G, Dalvit P, Martini M, Galiero G, Gramaglia M, Goffredo E, et al. Verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli O157 in minced beef and dairy products in Italy. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004;96:67-73 pubmed..The survey also encouraged updating of knowledge and procedures on VTEC O157 in laboratories with official responsibility for microbiological testing of foods of animal origin. ..
- Annaloro C, Usardi P, Airaghi L, Giunta V, Forti S, Orsatti A, et al. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in long-term survivors of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008;41:797-804 pubmed publisher..MS deserves consideration as a life-threatening complication in patients who are probably cured of their underlying disease. ..
- Conway P, Campanini P, Sartori S, Dotti R, Costa G. Main and interactive effects of shiftwork, age and work stress on health in an Italian sample of healthcare workers. Appl Ergon. 2008;39:630-9 pubmed publisher..Shiftwork with nights and high work stress significantly interacted in increasing the risk for poor sleep. The "healthy worker effect" may have played a strong role in study findings. ..
- Tettamanti M, Lucca U, Gandini F, Recchia A, Mosconi P, Apolone G, et al. Prevalence, incidence and types of mild anemia in the elderly: the "Health and Anemia" population-based study. Haematologica. 2010;95:1849-56 pubmed publisher..The prevalence and incidence of mild anemia increase with age and mild anemia affects more than one out of ten elderly individuals. Unexplained anemia is common and may be due to myelodysplastic syndromes in some cases. ..
- Somigliana E, Berlanda N, Benaglia L, Vigano P, Vercellini P, Fedele L. Surgical excision of endometriomas and ovarian reserve: a systematic review on serum antimüllerian hormone level modifications. Fertil Steril. 2012;98:1531-8 pubmed publisher..Evidence deriving from the evaluation of serum AMH level modifications after surgical excision of endometriomas supports a surgery-related damage to ovarian reserve. ..
- Tiloca C, Ticozzi N, Pensato V, Corrado L, Del Bo R, Bertolin C, et al. Screening of the PFN1 gene in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and in frontotemporal dementia. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:1517.e9-10 pubmed publisher..G15G in another patient, but none in a panel of 1512 control subjects. Our results suggest that PFN1 mutations in sporadic ALS and in FTD are rare, at least in the Italian population. ..
- Raffaldi I, Garazzino S, Castelli Gattinara G, Lipreri R, Lancella L, Esposito S, et al. Brain abscesses in children: an Italian multicentre study. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2848-2855 pubmed publisher..This study focus the attention on the need to have standardized national guidelines or adequate recommendations on type and duration of antibiotic treatment...
- Bergamini M, Comodo N, Gasparini R, Gabutti G, Fabrizi P, Severini R, et al. Prevalence of diphtheria toxin antibodies in human sera from a cross-section of the Italian population. Vaccine. 1999;17:286-90 pubmed..Our findings show that the proportion of susceptibles increases with age and a high proportion of adults no longer has diphtheria antitoxin at protective levels since toxigenic C. diphtheriae circulation is presently lacking in Italy. ..
- Annibale B, Negrini R, Caruana P, Lahner E, Grossi C, Bordi C, et al. Two-thirds of atrophic body gastritis patients have evidence of Helicobacter pylori infection. Helicobacter. 2001;6:225-33 pubmed..pylori infection. This suggests that atrophic gastritis of the corpus is a spectrum of damage where H. pylori is a key agent able to induce gastric atrophic damage and also gastric autoimmunity. ..
- Toffoli G, Gafa R, Russo A, Lanza G, Dolcetti R, Sartor F, et al. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677 C-->T polymorphism and risk of proximal colon cancer in north Italy. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:743-8 pubmed..01; 95% confidence interval, 0.48-2.14). Our findings support a role for MTHFR 677 TT genotype in reducing proximal CLC risk in North Italy. ..
- Nettis E, Dambra P, Soccio A, Ferrannini A, Tursi A. Latex hypersensitivity: relationship with positive prick test and patch test responses among hairdressers. Allergy. 2003;58:57-61 pubmed..Natural rubber latex is a frequent cause of IgE-mediated allergy in hairdressers; but a non-IgE-mediated allergy to latex proteins can also occur. Sixty-one hairdressers, reporting latex glove-related symptoms, were enrolled in the study...
- Leonardi A, Busca F, Motterle L, Cavarzeran F, Fregona I, Plebani M, et al. Case series of 406 vernal keratoconjunctivitis patients: a demographic and epidemiological study. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2006;84:406-10 pubmed..An IgE-mediated sensitization was found in only half of the VKC patients. Vernal keratoconjunctivitis is not a rare event in the paediatric population but is an extremely rare new disease in adults. ..
- Corbetta S, Eller Vainicher C, Vicentini L, Carnicelli S, Sardanelli F, Beck Peccoz P, et al. High prevalence of simple kidney cysts in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. J Endocrinol Invest. 2009;32:690-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, simple renal cysts might be considered as a benign kidney complication of PHPT and might be related to the action of the chronic elevated PTH levels on tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Falbo R, Sala M, Signorelli S, Venturi N, Signorini S, Brambilla P. Bacteriuria screening by automated whole-field-image-based microscopy reduces the number of necessary urine cultures. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:1427-9 pubmed publisher..Sterile urine samples from 1,011 male and female outpatients and inpatients (mean age 54.7) with a urinary tract infection prevalence of 18.3% were studied. Screening rapidly provides negative results. ..
- Caraceni A, Bertetto O, Labianca R, Maltoni M, Mercadante S, Varrassi G, et al. Episodic (breakthrough) pain prevalence in a population of cancer pain patients. Comparison of clinical diagnoses with the QUDEI--Italian questionnaire for intense episodic pain. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2012;43:833-41 pubmed publisher..Because BP-EP is a significant phenomenon in cancer pain management, its appropriate recognition requires a more widely, internationally accepted general definition and specific validated tools for its screening and evaluation. ..
- Castellano E, Tassone F, Attanasio R, Gianotti L, Pellegrino M, Borretta G. Mild primary hyperparathyroidism as defined in the Italian Society of Endocrinology's Consensus Statement: prevalence and clinical features. J Endocrinol Invest. 2016;39:349-54 pubmed publisher..Mild PHPT strictly defined according to the last consensus represents a small subgroup with a less active form of the disease. ..
- Ruggieri M, Pavone L. Hypomelanosis of Ito: clinical syndrome or just phenotype?. J Child Neurol. 2000;15:635-44 pubmed
- Manno G, Dalmastri C, Tabacchioni S, Vandamme P, Lorini R, Minicucci L, et al. Epidemiology and clinical course of Burkholderia cepacia complex infections, particularly those caused by different Burkholderia cenocepacia strains, among patients attending an Italian Cystic Fibrosis Center. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1491-7 pubmed..No significant differences in lung function, body weight, and mortality rate were observed between patients infected with epidemic strains belonging to either B. cenocepacia IIIA or B. cenocepacia IIID. ..
- Stinco G, Codutti R, Scarbolo M, Valent F, Patrone P. A retrospective epidemiological study on the association of bullous pemphigoid and neurological diseases. Acta Derm Venereol. 2005;85:136-9 pubmed..The aetiopathogenic mechanisms and the causes that induce the loss of immunological tolerance are not yet understood. ..
- Trento E, Castilletti C, Ferraro C, Lesnoni La Parola I, Mussi A, Muscardin L, et al. Human herpesvirus 8 infection in patients with cutaneous lymphoproliferative diseases. Arch Dermatol. 2005;141:1235-42 pubmed..These data suggest that HHV-8 may play a role in the onset of LPP, a disease whose cause and evolution are still undefined and which has often been considered the early stage of mycosis fungoides. ..
- Manfredi M, Casulli A, La Rosa G, Di Cerbo A, Trevisio K, Genchi C, et al. Echinococcus multilocularis in north Italy. Parassitologia. 2006;48:43-6 pubmed..Moreoever, 1406 faecal samples of red foxes were analyzed by CA-ELISAs commercial test kit. This paper provides an update of the epidemiological knowledge of this parasite in north Italy. ..
- Asticcioli S, Sacco L, Daturi R, Matti C, Nucleo E, Zara F, et al. Trends in frequency and in vitro antifungal susceptibility patterns of Candida isolates from women attending the STD outpatients clinic of a tertiary care hospital in Northern Italy during the years 2002-2007. New Microbiol. 2009;32:199-204 pubmed..008; MIC90 0.5 microg/ml), regardless of the species tested. On the contrary, fluconazole susceptibility was based upon the species. The intrinsic resistance to fluconazole of C. krusei was confirmed. ..
- Pasina L, Nobili A, Tettamanti M, Salerno F, Corrao S, Marengoni A, et al. Prevalence and appropriateness of drug prescriptions for peptic ulcer and gastro-esophageal reflux disease in a cohort of hospitalized elderly. Eur J Intern Med. 2011;22:205-10 pubmed publisher..Careful assessment of clinical conditions and stricter adherence to evidence-based guidelines are essential for a rational and cost-effective use of drugs for peptic ulcer or GERD. ..
- Accordini S, Janson C, Svanes C, Jarvis D. The role of smoking in allergy and asthma: lessons from the ECRHS. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2012;12:185-91 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes the results from these various publications from this large epidemiologic study. ..
- Mancuso M, Orsucci D, Angelini C, Bertini E, Carelli V, Comi G, et al. "Mitochondrial neuropathies": A survey from the large cohort of the Italian Network. Neuromuscul Disord. 2016;26:272-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the presence or absence of peripheral neuropathy, as well as its specific forms and the association with neuropathic pain (indicative of a POLG-associated disease) can guide the molecular analysis. ..
- Mussa A, Molinatto C, Cerrato F, Palumbo O, Carella M, Baldassarre G, et al. Assisted Reproductive Techniques and Risk of Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..ART entails a 10-fold increased risk of BWS and could be implicated in the pathogenesis of genomic events besides methylation anomalies. These data highlight the need for awareness of ART-associated health risk. ..
- Giacomo M, Franco E, Claudio C, Carlo C, Anna D, Anna D, et al. Human T-cell leukemia virus type II infection among high risk groups and its influence on HIV-1 disease progression. Eur J Epidemiol. 1995;11:527-33 pubmed..Our findings showed that HTLV-II does not adversely affect the outcome of HIV-1 infection. Infact, a slower disease progression has been recorded in some HTLV-II coinfected subjects...
- Baccetti T. A controlled study of associated dental anomalies. Angle Orthod. 1998;68:267-74 pubmed..The existence of associations between different tooth anomalies is clinically relevant, as the early diagnosis of one anomaly may indicate an increased risk for others. ..
- Andreone P, Zignego A, Cursaro C, Gramenzi A, Gherlinzoni F, Fiorino S, et al. Prevalence of monoclonal gammopathies in patients with hepatitis C virus infection. Ann Intern Med. 1998;129:294-8 pubmed..009). The prevalence of monoclonal gammopathies in patients with HCV-related chronic liver disease is striking and is often associated with genotype 2a/c infection. ..
- Marchisio P, Esposito S, Schito G, Marchese A, Cavagna R, Principi N. Nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae in healthy children: implications for the use of heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Emerg Infect Dis. 2002;8:479-84 pubmed..pneumoniae. Most isolated strains are covered by the heptavalent conjugate vaccine, especially in the first years of life, suggesting that its use could reduce the incidence of pneumococcal disease. ..
- Cringoli G, Otranto D, Testini G, Buono V, Di Giulio G, Traversa D, et al. Epidemiology of bovine tick-borne diseases in southern Italy. Vet Res. 2002;33:421-8 pubmed..6) and Haemaphysalis punctata (8.4). The results showed that B. bigemina, A. marginale and their potential vectors are common in the area examined and indicated that there is a risk for animals imported from tick-borne disease-free areas...
- Biggeri A, Catelan D, Rinaldi L, Dreassi E, Lagazio C, Cringoli G. Statistical modelling of the spatial distribution of prevalence of Calicophoron daubneyi infection in sheep from central Italy. Parassitologia. 2005;47:157-63 pubmed
- Luppi A, Bonilauri P, Dottori M, Iodice G, Gherpelli Y, Merialdi G, et al. Haemophilus parasuis serovars isolated from pathological samples in Northern Italy. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2013;60:140-2 pubmed publisher..Pasteurella multocida (14/106), Streptococcus suis (7/106), Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (4/106), Bordetella bronchiseptica (3/106) and Arcanobacterium pyogenes (3/106) were isolated in association with H. parasuis...
- Rondy M, Wiessing L, Hutchinson S, Mathei C, Mathis F, Mravcik V, et al. Hepatitis C prevalence in injecting drug users in Europe, 1990-2007: impact of study recruitment setting. Epidemiol Infect. 2013;141:563-72 pubmed publisher..Recruitment setting may have an impact on HCV prevalence estimates of IDUs in Europe. Assessing the impact of mixed recruitment strategies, including respondent-driven sampling, on HCV prevalence estimates, would be valuable. ..
- De Paschale M, Manco M, Belvisi L, Brando B, Latella S, Agrappi C, et al. Prevalence of markers of hepatitis B virus infection or vaccination in HBsAg-negative subjects. Blood Transfus. 2012;10:344-50 pubmed publisher..The increasing number of immigrants from countries in which HBV is highly endemic is changing the epidemiology of HBV infection in Italy. ..
- Noto D, Barbagallo C, Cefalu A, Cavera G, Sapienza M, Notarbartolo A, et al. Factor VII activity is an independent predictor of cardiovascular mortality in elderly women of a Sicilian population: results of an 11-year follow-up. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87:206-10 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings suggest that in a population with a low risk profile, other factors, such as factor VII activity, may emerge as predictors of cardiovascular mortality. ..
- Nettis E, Assennato G, Ferrannini A, Tursi A. Type I allergy to natural rubber latex and type IV allergy to rubber chemicals in health care workers with glove-related skin symptoms. Clin Exp Allergy. 2002;32:441-7 pubmed
- Civelli E, Gallino G, Valvo F, Cozzi G, Belli F, Bonfanti G, et al. Correlation between radiotherapy and suture fistulas following colo-anal anastomosis for carcinoma of the rectum evaluation of 152 consecutive patients. Tumori. 2002;88:321-4 pubmed..The reliability of the radiological screening and monitoring program was also verified...
- Barbato A, Panizzolo C, Biserna L, Cantarutti L, Giaquinto C, Frati F, et al. Asthma prevalence and drug prescription in asthmatic children. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;35:47-51 pubmed..For the > or = 6 year-olds, the most commonly prescribed treatments were oral antihistamines (13.9% Vs 12.6%), inhaled corticosteroids via metered-dose inhaler (30.8% Vs 28.7%) and sodium cromoglycate (12.1% Vs 4.8%, p < 0.001). ..
- Mantegazza R, Baggi F, Antozzi C, Confalonieri P, Morandi L, Bernasconi P, et al. Myasthenia gravis (MG): epidemiological data and prognostic factors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;998:413-23 pubmed
- Maltagliati A, Pepi M, Tamborini G, Muratori M, Celeste F, Doria E, et al. Usefulness of multiplane transesophageal echocardiography in the recognition of artifacts and normal anatomical variants that may mimic left atrial thrombi in patients with atrial fibrillation. Ital Heart J. 2003;4:797-802 pubmed..A systematic approach with multiplane TEE facilitates the evaluation of the LAA anatomy and the recognition of artifacts, thus reducing the likelihood of false positive or negative diagnoses of left appendage thrombi. ..
- Soligo M, Salvatore S, Emmanuel A, De Ponti E, Zoccatelli M, Cortese M, et al. Patterns of constipation in urogynecology: clinical importance and pathophysiologic insights. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:50-5 pubmed..80; 95% CI 0.66-0.96). No differences in prevalence of constipation were observed for urinary symptoms or urodynamic diagnosis. Bowel dysfunction correlates exclusively with posterior aspects of the pelvic floor support. ..
- Guidetti D, Casali B, Mazzei R, Dotti M. Cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2006;28:271-7 pubmed..GOMs are not present in presymptomatic patients. ..
- Barbagallo M, Dominguez L. Magnesium intake in the pathophysiology and treatment of the cardiometabolic syndrome: where are we in 2006?. J Cardiometab Syndr. 2006;1:356-7 pubmed
- Asticcioli S, Di Silverio A, Sacco L, Fusi I, Vincenti L, Romero E. Dermatophyte infections in patients attending a tertiary care hospital in northern Italy. New Microbiol. 2008;31:543-8 pubmed..Zoophilic dermatophytes were most commonly recovered from children and adolescents with tinea capitis and tinea corporis. Anthropophilic species were identified mostly in adults with tinea pedis, tinea cruris and onychomycosis. ..
- Travaglini L, Brancati F, Silhavy J, Iannicelli M, Nickerson E, Elkhartoufi N, et al. Phenotypic spectrum and prevalence of INPP5E mutations in Joubert syndrome and related disorders. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:1074-8 pubmed publisher..Kidney, liver and skeletal involvement were not observed. None of the MKS fetuses carried INPP5E mutations, indicating that the two ciliopathies are not allelic at this locus. ..
- Marini I, Paduano S, Bartolucci M, Bortolotti F, Bonetti G. The prevalence of temporomandibular disorders in patients with late whiplash syndrome who experience orofacial pain: a case-control series study. J Am Dent Assoc. 2013;144:486-90 pubmed..Practical Implications. Clinicians should be knowledgeable about the correlation between WI and TMD so they can inform and treat patients accurately. ..
- Ceribelli A, Fredi M, Taraborelli M, Cavazzana I, Tincani A, Selmi C, et al. Prevalence and clinical significance of anti-MDA5 antibodies in European patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014;32:891-7 pubmed..Further studies in larger cohorts are necessary to define the clinical significance of anti-MDA5 antibodies in European PM/DM. ..
- Asciutto R, Lugo A, Pacifici R, Colombo P, Rota M, La Vecchia C, et al. The Particular Story of Italians' Relation with Alcohol: Trends in Individuals' Consumption by Age and Beverage Type. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:347-53 pubmed publisher..This may be due to anti-alcohol policies, programs and campaigns adopted and developed over the last decade. It also reflects socio-cultural changes in drinking, particularly in younger generations. ..
- Bianchi C, de Gennaro G, Romano M, Battini L, Aragona M, Corfini M, et al. Italian national guidelines for the screening of gestational diabetes: Time for a critical appraisal?. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:717-722 pubmed publisher..Finally, our finding of a 22% prevalence of GDM among low risk women suggests the need to consider additional risk factors, such as excessive weight gain during pregnancy. ..
- Valerio M, Amodio P, Dal Zio M, Vianello A, Zacchello G. The use of television in 2- to 8-year-old children and the attitude of parents about such use. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997;151:22-6 pubmed..A broader study that accounts for this factor and other factors that influence TV use is necessary to better understand the reasons for the excessive exposure of children to TV. ..