Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pregnancy in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1165 found, 100 shown here
- Bai L, Rohrschneider L. s-SHIP promoter expression marks activated stem cells in developing mouse mammary tissue. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1882-92 pubmed publisher..These results enable MaSC in situ identification and isolation via a consistent single parameter using a new mouse model with applications for further analyses of normal and potential cancer stem cells...
- Coppola D, Waggener C. The effects of unilateral naris occlusion on gene expression profiles in mouse olfactory mucosa. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;47:604-18 pubmed publisher..Results support the hypothesis that odor environment triggers a previously unknown homeostatic control mechanism in olfactory receptor neurons designed to maximize information transfer...
- Jenkins B, Decker H, Bentley M, Luisi J, Banker G. A novel split kinesin assay identifies motor proteins that interact with distinct vesicle populations. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:749-61 pubmed publisher..This experimental paradigm allows a systematic approach to evaluate motor-vesicle interactions in living cells. ..
- Bailit J. Impact of non-clinical factors on primary cesarean deliveries. Semin Perinatol. 2012;36:395-8 pubmed publisher..Provider staffing patterns, the types of providers and how information can be used to effectively change practice patterns are explored in this article. ..
- George E, Palei A, Dent E, Granger J. Sildenafil attenuates placental ischemia-induced hypertension. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;305:R397-403 pubmed publisher..3 ± 0.1 pmol/?g protein; P < 0.05). These data suggest that sildenafil might provide an effective therapeutic option for the management of hypertension during preeclampsia. ..
- Dagda R, Pien I, Wang R, Zhu J, Wang K, Callio J, et al. Beyond the mitochondrion: cytosolic PINK1 remodels dendrites through protein kinase A. J Neurochem. 2014;128:864-77 pubmed publisher..Our data support a novel role for PINK1 in regulating dendritic morphogenesis. ..
- Oster M, Kim C, Kusano A, Cragan J, Dressler P, Hales A, et al. A population-based study of the association of prenatal diagnosis with survival rate for infants with congenital heart defects. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:1036-40 pubmed publisher..More severe disease among the critical CHD subtypes diagnosed prenatally might explain these findings. ..
- Kroll Desrosiers A, Skanderson M, Bastian L, Brandt C, Haskell S, Kerns R, et al. Receipt of Prescription Opioids in a National Sample of Pregnant Veterans Receiving Veterans Health Administration Care. Womens Health Issues. 2016;26:240-6 pubmed publisher..Providers should be aware of the potential risks of prescription opioid use during pregnancy, assess for potential undertreatment of psychiatric diagnoses, and consider alternate pain management strategies when possible. ..
- Sandrim V, Luizon M, Palei A, Tanus Santos J, Cavalli R. Circulating microRNA expression profiles in pre-eclampsia: evidence of increased miR-885-5p levels. BJOG. 2016;123:2120-2128 pubmed publisher..TWEETABLE ABSTRACT: miR-885-5p is increased in pre-eclampsia and is released into circulation mainly inside exosomes. ..
- Pantham P, Abrahams V, Chamley L. The role of anti-phospholipid antibodies in autoimmune reproductive failure. Reproduction. 2016;151:R79-90 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to present evidence summarizing the current understanding of this field. ..
- Taney J, Anastasio H, Paternostro A, Berghella V, Roman A. Placental Abruption With Delayed Fetal Compromise in Maternal Acetaminophen Toxicity. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:159-162 pubmed publisher..Maternal acetaminophen overdose can be associated with delayed fetal compromise, suggesting the importance of continued fetal surveillance several days after ingestion. ..
- Novy M, Hickok L, Patton P, Craemer M, Wolf D. Pregnancy after fimbriectomy reversal: results of microsurgery augmented by gamete intrafallopian tube transfer and embryo transfer. Fertil Steril. 1991;56:1166-8 pubmed..The combination of microsurgery, GIFT, and embryo cryopreservation during the same treatment cycle saved the patient around 40% when compared to the cost of separate treatments in different cycles. ..
- Darcy K, Zangani D, Wohlhueter A, Huang R, Vaughan M, Russell J, et al. Changes in ErbB2 (her-2/neu), ErbB3, and ErbB4 during growth, differentiation, and apoptosis of normal rat mammary epithelial cells. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:63-80 pubmed..Finally, ErbB4 expression did not interfere with functional differentiation and apoptosis of normal MECs. ..
- Horowitz B, Mirkin D. Lead poisoning and chelation in a mother-neonate pair. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2001;39:727-31 pubmed..5 microg/dL (1.04 micromol/L) at 5 months of age. Despite extensive investigation, the precise source of the mother's lead toxicity remained undetermined. ..
- El Zarkouny S, Cartmill J, Hensley B, Stevenson J. Pregnancy in dairy cows after synchronized ovulation regimens with or without presynchronization and progesterone. J Dairy Sci. 2004;87:1024-37 pubmed..Presynchronization before Ovsynch enhanced pregnancy rate. ..
- Prohaska J, Gybina A, Broderius M, Brokate B. Peptidylglycine-alpha-amidating monooxygenase activity and protein are lower in copper-deficient rats and suckling copper-deficient mice. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;434:212-20 pubmed
- Bartolome J, Melendez P, Kelbert D, Swift K, McHale J, Hernandez J, et al. Strategic use of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) to increase pregnancy rate and reduce pregnancy loss in lactating dairy cows subjected to synchronization of ovulation and timed insemination. Theriogenology. 2005;63:1026-37 pubmed..03) and Day 55 (28.3% vs. 36.2% for control cows; P < 0.01). Therefore, strategies to stimulate CL function using multiple doses of GnRH during the luteal phase need to consider potential negative effects. ..
- Rastani R, Grummer R, Bertics S, Gumen A, Wiltbank M, Mashek D, et al. Reducing dry period length to simplify feeding transition cows: milk production, energy balance, and metabolic profiles. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:1004-14 pubmed..S treatment. In general, T and S management schemes had similar effects on DMI, SCM, and metabolic variables in the first 70 d of the subsequent lactation. Eliminating the DP improved energy and metabolic status. ..
- Driscoll M, Grant Kels J. Nevi and melanoma in pregnancy. Dermatol Clin. 2006;24:199-204, vi pubmed..A clear link between hormones and MM has not been established. An analysis of this evidence is presented along with practical recommendations for the patient. ..
- Zaitoun I, Khatib H. Assessment of genomic imprinting of SLC38A4, NNAT, NAP1L5, and H19 in cattle. BMC Genet. 2006;7:49 pubmed..It is of interest that the imprinting of NAP1L5, NNAT, and H19 appears to be conserved between mouse and cow, although the tissue distribution of expression differs. In contrast, the imprinting of SLC38A4 appears to be species-specific. ..
- Phitayakorn R, McHenry C. Hyperparathyroid crisis: use of bisphosphonates as a bridge to parathyroidectomy. J Am Coll Surg. 2008;206:1106-15 pubmed publisher..Rehydration, calciuresis, and bisphosphonate therapy are effective in correcting life-threatening manifestations of hyperparathyroid crisis, providing an effective bridge to parathyroidectomy. ..
- Ibele A, Flake A, Shaaban A. Survival of a profoundly hydropic fetus with a sacrococcygeal teratoma delivered at 27 weeks of gestation for maternal mirror syndrome. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:e17-20 pubmed publisher..We now report successful postpartum resection and survival of a hydropic fetus delivered at 27 weeks for maternal mirror syndrome that may assist in counseling families in similar situations. ..
- Browne M, Rasmussen S, Hoyt A, Waller D, Druschel C, Caton A, et al. Maternal thyroid disease, thyroid medication use, and selected birth defects in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2009;85:621-8 pubmed publisher..New associations with left ventricular outflow tract obstruction heart defects and anorectal atresia may be chance findings. ..
- Gaffaney C, Saul L, Rumney P, Morrison E, Thomas S, Nageotte M, et al. Outpatient oral misoprostol for prolonged pregnancies: a pilot investigation. Am J Perinatol. 2009;26:673-7 pubmed publisher..Daily administration of oral misoprostol over 3 days to women with prolonged pregnancies shortened time intervals from dosing to entry into active labor and delivery compared with placebo. ..
- Steiner A, Diamond M, Legro R, Schlaff W, Barnhart K, Casson P, et al. Chlamydia trachomatis immunoglobulin G3 seropositivity is a predictor of reproductive outcomes in infertile women with patent fallopian tubes. Fertil Steril. 2015;104:1522-6 pubmed publisher..trachomatis IgG3 seropositivity is associated with a lower likelihood of pregnancy. Anti-C. trachomatis IgG3 seropositive women have as high as 3 times the risk of ectopic pregnancy. PPCOSII: NCT00719186 and AMIGOS: NCT01044862. ..
- Zernik J, Kream B, Twarog K. Tissue-specific and dexamethasone-inducible expression of alkaline phosphatase from alternative promoters of the rat bone/liver/kidney/placenta gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;176:1149-56 pubmed..Thus, the two alternative promoters of the rat BLKP ALP gene are involved in cell-specific and dexamethasone-inducible regulation of its expression. ..
- Bergh J, Xu Y, Farach Carson M. Osteoprotegerin expression and secretion are regulated by calcium influx through the L-type voltage-sensitive calcium channel. Endocrinology. 2004;145:426-36 pubmed..Our results suggest that OPG secretion is regulated through calmodulin-sensitive protein kinase signaling that depends on the activity of the L-type VSCC and is mediated through the cAMP response element-binding protein. ..
- Reininger B, Evans A, Griffin S, Sanderson M, Vincent M, Valois R, et al. Predicting adolescent risk behaviors based on an ecological framework and assets. Am J Health Behav. 2005;29:150-61 pubmed..Perceived school support was also predictive. Taking an ecological approach to the measurement of adolescent health behaviors contributes to our understanding of these risk behaviors. ..
- Ma Q, Chen Z, del Barco Barrantes I, de la Pompa J, Anderson D. neurogenin1 is essential for the determination of neuronal precursors for proximal cranial sensory ganglia. Neuron. 1998;20:469-82 pubmed..1996), these data and those of Fode et al. (1998 [this issue of Neuron]) identify ngns as vertebrate neuronal determination genes, analogous to myoD and myf5 in myogenesis. ..
- Onen A, Jayanthi V, Koff S. Long-term followup of prenatally detected severe bilateral newborn hydronephrosis initially managed nonoperatively. J Urol. 2002;168:1118-20 pubmed..We determine the outcome of severe bilateral primary ureteropelvic junction type hydronephrosis detected prenatally and managed postnatally with an initially nonoperative protocol...
- Munley S, Kelly D, Kennedy G. Evaluation of the potential developmental toxicity of cyclododecatriene (CDDT). Drug Chem Toxicol. 2003;26:199-212 pubmed..Because developmental toxicity was observed only after exposures that also produced signs of maternal toxicity, CDDT was not considered to be a selective developmental toxicant in the rat. ..
- Capelo F, Kumar A, Steinkampf M, Azziz R. Laparoscopic evaluation following failure to achieve pregnancy after ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate. Fertil Steril. 2003;80:1450-3 pubmed..Although predictors for intrapelvic disease were isolated, their high prevalence reduced their predictive value. ..
- Williams C, Mardon R, Grove D, Wharton P, Hauser K, Frias J. Treatment of oralfacial clefts by state-affiliated craniofacial centers and cleft palate clinics. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2003;67:643-6 pubmed..Factors influencing access to services and quality of care, though not addressed by this study, could be prospectively incorporated into such a project. ..
- Durnwald C, Mercer B. Vaginal birth after Cesarean delivery: predicting success, risks of failure. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2004;15:388-93 pubmed..While attempted VBAC and failed VBAC have more maternal infectious morbidity and lower Apgar scores, infant outcomes are similar to those of elective repeat Cesarean delivery. ..
- Mercer B. Preterm premature rupture of the membranes: diagnosis and management. Clin Perinatol. 2004;31:765-82, vi pubmed
- Betthauser J, Pfister Genskow M, Xu H, Golueke P, Lacson J, Koppang R, et al. Nucleoplasmin facilitates reprogramming and in vivo development of bovine nuclear transfer embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:977-86 pubmed..These data suggest that addition of chromatin remodeling factors to the oocyte may improve development of NT embryos by facilitating reprogramming of the somatic nucleus. ..
- Hostetler C, Michal J, Robison M, Ott T, Kincaid R. Effect of selenium intake and fetal age on mRNA levels of two selenoproteins in porcine fetal and maternal liver. J Anim Sci. 2006;84:2382-90 pubmed..5 times lower in fetal liver. Results of this study support the hypothesis that neonatal pigs are born with reduced cGPx corresponding to reduced cGPx mRNA levels during late gestation. ..
- Tita A, Rouse D, Blackwell S, Saade G, Spong C, Andrews W. Emerging concepts in antibiotic prophylaxis for cesarean delivery: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;113:675-82 pubmed publisher..To review the current status of antibiotic prophylaxis for cesarean delivery, emerging strategies to enhance the effectiveness of antibiotic prophylaxis in reducing postcesarean infection, and the implications of the emerging practices...
- Luense L, Carletti M, Christenson L. Role of Dicer in female fertility. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2009;20:265-72 pubmed publisher..This review discusses these early studies and other data describing the current understanding of microRNAs and small interfering RNAs in female reproduction. ..
- Short S, Lubach G, Karasin A, Olsen C, Styner M, Knickmeyer R, et al. Maternal influenza infection during pregnancy impacts postnatal brain development in the rhesus monkey. Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67:965-73 pubmed publisher..These brain alterations are likely to be permanent, given that they were still present at the monkey-equivalent of older childhood and thus might increase the likelihood of later behavioral pathology. ..
- Biggio J, Chapman V, Neely C, Cliver S, Rouse D. Fetal anomalies in obese women: the contribution of diabetes. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;115:290-6 pubmed publisher..Identification of maternal weight as a risk factor in epidemiologic studies may be a surrogate for pregestational diabetes. II. ..
- Wu F, Sapkota D, Li R, Mu X. Onecut 1 and Onecut 2 are potential regulators of mouse retinal development. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:952-69 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that Oc1 and Oc2 were expressed in both developing and mature horizontal cells (HCs). Therefore the two factors may also function in the genesis and maintenance of HCs. ..
- Kaempf J, Tomlinson M, Kaempf A, Wu Y, Wang L, Tipping N, et al. Delayed umbilical cord clamping in premature neonates. Obstet Gynecol. 2012;120:325-30 pubmed publisher..Delayed umbilical cord clamping can safely be performed in singleton premature neonates and is associated with a higher hematocrit, less delivery room resuscitation, and no significant changes in neonatal morbidities. II. ..
- Lo J, Mission J, Caughey A. Hypertensive disease of pregnancy and maternal mortality. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2013;25:124-32 pubmed publisher..Opportunities for research in this area exist to better define treatment aimed at improving maternal outcomes. ..
- Regnault T, de Vrijer B, Galan H, Wilkening R, Battaglia F, Meschia G. Umbilical uptakes and transplacental concentration ratios of amino acids in severe fetal growth restriction. Pediatr Res. 2013;73:602-11 pubmed publisher..It is the consequence of decreased fetal oxidative metabolism and growth rate, which together reduce fetal AA demand. ..
- Roman G, Ghassabian A, Bongers Schokking J, Jaddoe V, Hofman A, de Rijke Y, et al. Association of gestational maternal hypothyroxinemia and increased autism risk. Ann Neurol. 2013;74:733-42 pubmed publisher..Findings are concordant with epidemiological, biological, and experimental data on autism. Although these findings cannot establish causality, they open the possibility of preventive interventions. ..
- Rodriguez M, Mendoza W, Guerra Palacio C, Guzman N, Tolosa J. Medical abortion and manual vacuum aspiration for legal abortion protect women's health and reduce costs to the health system: findings from Colombia. Reprod Health Matters. 2015;22:125-33 pubmed publisher..Increasing women's access to safe abortion care would not only reduce complications for women, but would also be a cost-saving strategy for the health system. ..
- Logsdon M, Mittelberg M, Jacob A, Luther J, Wisniewski S, Confer A, et al. Maternal-Infant interaction in women with unipoloar and bipolar depression. Appl Nurs Res. 2015;28:381-3 pubmed publisher..This research is the first study to examine maternal-infant interaction in women with bipolar disorder, and important trends were noted. Future research should examine maternal-infant interaction at earlier time periods. ..
- Ivany J, Anderson D. Propylene glycol toxicosis in a llama. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2001;218:243-4 pubmed..Treatment of ketosis in llamas requires re-establishment of stomach flora and stimulation of appetite...
- Kalil A. Unintended subdural injection: a complication of epidural anesthesia--a case report. AANA J. 2006;74:207-11 pubmed..The following case and discussion may help illustrate the mechanism behind this complication and how it can be detected, treated, and, possibly, avoided. ..
- Alcalay N, Brantley J, Sharma M, Gooch J, Vanden Heuvel G. Ectopic expression of the homeobox gene Cux-1 rescues calcineurin inhibition in mouse embryonic kidney cultures. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:184-91 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that ectopic expression of Cux-1 can rescue the effects of CsA inhibition of CnA and suggest that Cux-1 may be regulated by calcineurin A...
- Edwards M, Anderson R, Yuan M, Kendziorski C, Weindruch R, Prolla T. Gene expression profiling of aging reveals activation of a p53-mediated transcriptional program. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:80 pubmed..These observations support a role for p53-mediated transcriptional program in mammalian aging and suggest that mechanisms other than reactive oxygen species are involved in the age-related transcriptional activation of p53 targets. ..
- McArthur T, Ohtoshi A. A brain-specific homeobox gene, Bsx, is essential for proper postnatal growth and nursing. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5120-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Bsx is required for postnatal growth and maintenance of lactating mammary glands. Thus, mouse Bsx is likely involved in systemic control of suppression of apoptosis of postpartum mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Smith S, Hulsey T, Goodnight W. Effects of obesity on pregnancy. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2008;37:176-84 pubmed publisher..The paucity of published results of pregnancy and postpartum interventions to address weight gain in pregnancy suggests the need for more community and individualized based intervention studies, especially focusing on long-term effects. ..
- Fetalvero K, Zhang P, Shyu M, Young B, Hwa J, Young R, et al. Prostacyclin primes pregnant human myometrium for an enhanced contractile response in parturition. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3966-79 pubmed publisher..Our observations have important implications regarding activation of the myometrium prior to the onset of labor. ..
- Schiff M, Mack C, Kaufman R, Holt V, Grossman D. The effect of air bags on pregnancy outcomes in Washington State: 2002-2005. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;115:85-92 pubmed publisher..3%] in pregnant women whose air bags did not deploy). Our findings provide clinicians with evidence to advise women that air bags do not seem to elevate risk of most potential adverse outcomes during pregnancy. II. ..
- Uscher Pines L, Nelson D. Neighborhood and individual-level violence and unintended pregnancy. J Urban Health. 2010;87:677-87 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that neighborhood-level violence and other individual-level violence indicators may be important when examining factors related to unintended pregnancy among young, urban women...
- Grant R, Haney J, Curry A, Honeycutt M. A chronic reference value for 1,3-butadiene based on an updated noncancer toxicity assessment. J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev. 2010;13:460-75 pubmed publisher..2. The chronic ReV value, along with a unit risk factor developed by the TCEQ, will be used to evaluate ambient air monitoring data so that the general public is protected against adverse health effects from chronic exposure to BD. ..
- Silva L, Klein C, Ealy A, Sharp D. Conceptus-mediated endometrial vascular changes during early pregnancy in mares: an anatomic, histomorphometric, and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor system immunolocalization and gene expression study. Reproduction. 2011;142:593-603 pubmed publisher..This study supports the concept that the conceptus plays an active role in directing vasculogenesis within the uterus and thereby establishing hemotrophic nutrition that supports pregnancy after implantation. ..
- Hernandez T, Van Pelt R, Anderson M, Reece M, Reynolds R, de la Houssaye B, et al. Women With Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Randomized to a Higher-Complex Carbohydrate/Low-Fat Diet Manifest Lower Adipose Tissue Insulin Resistance, Inflammation, Glucose, and Free Fatty Acids: A Pilot Study. Diabetes Care. 2016;39:39-42 pubmed publisher..01). Infant adiposity trended lower with CHOICE (10.1 Â± 1.4 vs. 12.6 Â± 2%, respectively). A CHOICE diet may improve maternal IR and infant adiposity, challenging recommendations for a LC/CONV diet. ..
- Alur S, Wang H, Hoeger K, Swan S, Sathyanarayana S, Redmon B, et al. Urinary phthalate metabolite concentrations in relation to history of infertility and use of assisted reproductive technology. Fertil Steril. 2015;104:1227-35 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to explore whether those pursuing fertility treatments take precautions to avoid exposure to environmental toxins, to improve treatment outcomes. ..
- Bauer C, Harrison T. Retrospective Analysis of the Incidence of Retained Placenta in 3 Large Colonies of NHP. Comp Med. 2016;66:143-9 pubmed..Advances in reproductive management will benefit from prospective studies that capture additional data from all members of a breeding group prior to reproductive complications. ..
- Ortega M, Denicol A, Cole J, Null D, Taylor J, Schnabel R, et al. Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in candidate genes previously related to genetic variation in fertility with phenotypic measurements of reproductive function in Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:3725-3734 pubmed publisher..All but 1 of the 68 evaluated SNP were variable in 11 breeds besides Holstein, indicating the potential effects of these SNP on reproductive function across breeds of cattle. ..
- Shorey Kendrick L, McEvoy C, Ferguson B, Burchard J, Park B, Gao L, et al. Vitamin C Prevents Offspring DNA Methylation Changes Associated with Maternal Smoking in Pregnancy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:745-755 pubmed publisher..gov identifier, NCT00632476) that vitamin C supplementation to pregnant smokers can lessen the impact of maternal smoking on offspring pulmonary function and decrease the incidence of wheeze at 1 year of age...
- Downs K, Temkin R, Gifford S, McHugh J. Study of the murine allantois by allantoic explants. Dev Biol. 2001;233:347-64 pubmed
- Kalhan S, Parimi P, van Beek R, Gilfillan C, Saker F, Gruca L, et al. Estimation of gluconeogenesis in newborn infants. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;281:E991-7 pubmed..These data may have important implications for the nutritional support of the healthy and sick newborn infant...
- Culligan P, Hill S, Heit M. Rupture of the symphysis pubis during vaginal delivery followed by two subsequent uneventful pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol. 2002;100:1114-7 pubmed..Risk factors for rupture are not well defined. Based on a literature review, there is a significant risk of repeat symphyseal rupture with subsequent vaginal delivery. ..
- Hackney D, Knudtson E, Rossi K, Krugh D, O Shaughnessy R. Management of pregnancies complicated by anti-c isoimmunization. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;103:24-30 pubmed..The significance of antibody titers and deltaOD450 values was similar to Rh-D sensitized pregnancies, and management by the same modalities is appropriate. ..
- Cata J, Hanna A, Tetzlaff J, Bishai A, Barsoum S. Spinal anesthesia for a cesarean delivery in a woman with type-2M von Willebrand disease: case report and mini-review. Int J Obstet Anesth. 2009;18:276-9 pubmed publisher..The cesarean delivery was performed under spinal anesthesia with hyperbaric bupivacaine, fentanyl and morphine sulfate. Desmopressin was administered immediately after delivery. No perioperative complications were observed. ..
- Ross R, Sawatphanit W, Zeller R. Depressive symptoms among HIV-positive pregnant women in Thailand. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2009;41:344-50 pubmed publisher..Causes of physical symptoms should be identified and treated. Emotional support and self-esteem should be strengthened for HIV-positive pregnant Thai women. ..
- Ehrenthal D, Wingate M, Kirby R. Variation by state in outcomes classification for deliveries less than 500 g in the United States. Matern Child Health J. 2011;15:42-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to explore the factors that influence these differences. ..
- Morgan T, Tolosa J, Mele L, Wapner R, Spong C, Sorokin Y, et al. Placental villous hypermaturation is associated with idiopathic preterm birth. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013;26:647-53 pubmed publisher..001). PVH, which is a histologic marker of relative placental insufficiency, is a common finding in idiopathic PTB. ..
- Bruny J, Crombleholme T. Perinatal management of infant tumors and the promise of fetal surgery. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2013;25:31-9 pubmed publisher..There are rare indications for prenatal fetal intervention. Diagnosis of a fetal tumor should prompt referral to a specialized center. Further understanding of these rare patients will require multicenter collaboration. ..
- Palei A, Spradley F, Warrington J, George E, Granger J. Pathophysiology of hypertension in pre-eclampsia: a lesson in integrative physiology. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2013;208:224-33 pubmed publisher..This review highlights these links between placental ischaemia, maternal endothelial activation and renal dysfunction in the pathogenesis of hypertension in pre-eclampsia. ..
- Needell J, Ir D, Robertson C, Kroehl M, Frank D, Zipris D. Maternal treatment with short-chain fatty acids modulates the intestinal microbiota and immunity and ameliorates type 1 diabetes in the offspring. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183786 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that short-chain fatty acids can reshape the intestinal microbiota and prevent virus-induced islet autoimmunity and may therefore represent a useful therapeutic strategy for disease prevention. ..
- Barnes R, Masood S, Lammert N, Young R. Extragenital granuloma inguinale mimicking a soft-tissue neoplasm: a case report and review of the literature. Hum Pathol. 1990;21:559-61 pubmed..At frozen section, the mass had a xanthogranulomatous appearance consistent with a soft-tissue neoplasm. Special stains of the permanent sections revealed the pathognomic features of granuloma inguinale. ..
- Prohaska J, Brokate B. Dietary copper deficiency alters protein levels of rat dopamine beta-monooxygenase and tyrosine monooxygenase. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2001;226:199-207 pubmed..Further research will be required to determine the chemical signal responsible for this induction and if DBM or TM protein levels change in other tissues. ..
- Sprando R, Collins T, Black T, Olejnik N, Ramos Valle M, Ruggles D. Acute toxicity of sodium arsenite in a complex food matrix. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:1606-13 pubmed..In conclusion, As toxicity was not reduced when a high dose (410 mg/kg) was administered in HH however, at lower doses (41 mg/kg), HH reduced acute As oral toxicity in the female and developing fetus...
- Hamada A, Agarwal A, Sharma R, French D, Ragheb A, Sabanegh E. Empirical treatment of low-level leukocytospermia with doxycycline in male infertility patients. Urology. 2011;78:1320-5 pubmed publisher..7 (95% confidence interval 1.1-11.7; P = .04). Low-level leukocytospermia might have deleterious effects on male fertility, and antibiotic therapy for such a condition might improve the natural pregnancy rate among infertile couples. ..
- Hess C, Ofei A, Mincher A. Breastfeeding and Childhood Obesity Among African Americans: A Systematic Review. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2015;40:313-9 pubmed publisher..Primary care providers and other healthcare workers need to address breastfeeding benefits and barriers among African American women across the continuum of care. ..
- Baer R, Lyell D, Norton M, Currier R, Jelliffe Pawlowski L. First trimester pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A and birth weight. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;198:1-6 pubmed publisher..PAPP-A â‰¥90th percentile is protective against SGA and is associated with an increased risk of LGA for infants born after 32 weeks gestation. ..
- Anderson C, Schmella M. CE: Preeclampsia: Current Approaches to Nursing Management. Am J Nurs. 2017;117:30-38 pubmed publisher..This clinical update provides a review of current practice related to preeclampsia risk assessment, prediction, and management. It discusses preeclampsia pathophysiology and points readers to valuable health care resources on the topic...
- Sanderson M, Dargatz D. Risk factors for high herd level calf morbidity risk from birth to weaning in beef herds in the USA. Prev Vet Med. 2000;44:97-106 pubmed..41 and 0.11, respectively. The summary population attributable fraction for both factors was 0.46. ..