Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pregnancy complications in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: pregnancy complications
Publications241 found, 100 shown here
- Backes C, Nelin T, Gorr M, Wold L. Early life exposure to air pollution: how bad is it?. Toxicol Lett. 2013;216:47-53 pubmed publisher..This review will provide a summary of the harmful effects of air pollution exposure on the developing fetus and infant, and suggest potential mechanisms to limit the exposure of pregnant mothers and infants to air pollution. ..
- Wing D, Ortega Villa A, Grobman W, Hediger M, Grewal J, Pugh S, et al. Maternal stress and neonatal anthropometry: the NICHD Fetal Growth Studies. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:82.e1-82.e7 pubmed publisher..There was no effect modification by maternal race/ethnicity. Neonatal measurements did not differ by levels of perceived stress among low-risk pregnant women. ..
- Egan J, Borgida A. Multiple gestations: the importance of ultrasound. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2004;31:141-58 pubmed..The availability of high-resolution ultrasound has significantly im-proved the management of multiple gestations. ..
- Adams Waldorf K, Nelson J. Autoimmune disease during pregnancy and the microchimerism legacy of pregnancy. Immunol Invest. 2008;37:631-44 pubmed publisher..Fetal and maternal microchimerism will be reviewed with a focus on systemic sclerosis (scleroderma), autoimmune thyroid disease, neonatal lupus and type I diabetes mellitus. ..
- Ip M, Peyman E, Lohsoonthorn V, Williams M. A case-control study of preterm delivery risk factors according to clinical subtypes and severity. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2010;36:34-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest heterogeneity in risk factors for clinical subtypes of PTD. ..
- Guntupalli S, Steingrub J. Hepatic disease and pregnancy: an overview of diagnosis and management. Crit Care Med. 2005;33:S332-9 pubmed..Early intervention and appropriate diagnosis can substantially reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with hepatic derangements of pregnancy. ..
- Pais V, Payton A, Lagrange C. Urolithiasis in pregnancy. Urol Clin North Am. 2007;34:43-52 pubmed..The authors present a review of the relevant anatomic and physiologic changes of pregnancy as they affect stone disease and outline options for radiologic evaluation and surgical management. ..
- Johnson D, Wagner C, Hulsey T, McNeil R, Ebeling M, Hollis B. Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency is common during pregnancy. Am J Perinatol. 2011;28:7-12 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates widespread vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency in pregnant females living at a southern latitude. African-Americans are at greatest risk. ..
- Torgersen K, Curran C. A systematic approach to the physiologic adaptations of pregnancy. Crit Care Nurs Q. 2006;29:2-19 pubmed..This includes the basic adaptations related to pregnancy, placental physiology and action, uterine activity physiology, and fetal heart rate regulation, although this article will focus on maternal and uterine physiology only. ..
- Silverberg K, Meletiche D, Del Rosario G. An employer's experience with infertility coverage: a case study. Fertil Steril. 2009;92:2103-5 pubmed publisher..This successful model could be used by employers who wish to ensure that their employees have access to high-quality, cost-effective infertility services in a managed-care environment. ..
- Hardt N, Gold M. Women tipping the scale during pregnancy: a special population for obesity interventions, treatments and clinical trials. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:1143-4 pubmed..In order to prevent obesity in women and their offspring, clinical interventions and trials need to be developed for women before and in between pregnancies. ..
- Parker J, Broberg J, Napolitano P. Maternal Arnold-Chiari type I malformation and syringomyelia: a labor management dilemma. Am J Perinatol. 2002;19:445-50 pubmed..This report is the first to document a case of a patient with an Arnold-Chiari malformation and syringomyelia successfully managed in labor with a vaginal delivery. ..
- Lang C, King J. Maternal mortality in the United States. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;22:517-31 pubmed publisher..One particularly appealing opportunity to reduce maternal mortality is to recognize, examine, and learn from so-called "near-miss" cases. ..
- Wagner C, McNeil R, Johnson D, Hulsey T, Ebeling M, Robinson C, et al. Health characteristics and outcomes of two randomized vitamin D supplementation trials during pregnancy: a combined analysis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;136:313-20 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to confirm these findings and determine the mechanisms of action of such effects. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Vitamin D Workshop'. ..
- Kellinghaus C, Kunieda T, Ying Z, Pan A, Lüders H, Najm I. Severity of histopathologic abnormalities and in vivo epileptogenicity in the in utero radiation model of rats is dose dependent. Epilepsia. 2004;45:583-91 pubmed..In vivo epileptogenicity in radiated animals was present only in mild or moderate MCD. No in vivo epileptogenicity was seen in severe radiation-induced MCD. ..
- Ehrenberg H, Durnwald C, Catalano P, Mercer B. The influence of obesity and diabetes on the risk of cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;191:969-74 pubmed..0001, PDM: 2.9, P = .0002]). Pregravid obesity and diabetes independently increase the risk for CD. Given the disparate prevalence of obesity and diabetes in the United States, body habitus has a significantly larger impact on CD risk. ..
- Walker L, Sterling B, Timmerman G. Retention of pregnancy-related weight in the early postpartum period: implications for women's health services. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2005;34:418-27 pubmed..Gestational weight gain is the most significant predictor of weight retention. Women vulnerable to obesity and weight gain need weight-related health care and improved access to such care to promote weight loss after 6 weeks postpartum. ..
- Euliano T, Nguyen M, Marossero D, Edwards R. Monitoring contractions in obese parturients: electrohysterography compared with traditional monitoring. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;109:1136-40 pubmed..Electrohysterography may provide another noninvasive means of monitoring labor, particularly for those women in whom tocodynamometry is inadequate. ..
- ..Effects in surviving offspring are probably life-long, and are still being elucidated. It is hoped that this review will serve to keep a focus on the critical and continuing problem of tobacco use impacting human development. ..
- Ehrenthal D, Jurkovitz C, Hoffman M, Jiang X, Weintraub W. Prepregnancy body mass index as an independent risk factor for pregnancy-induced hypertension. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011;20:67-72 pubmed publisher..The risk of PIH rises with maternal prepregnancy BMI independent of other obesity-associated comorbidity. Women with chronic hypertension carry the greatest risk of PIH but incur no obesity-associated increase in risk. ..
- Mann J, McDermott S, Hardin J, Pan C, Zhang Z. Pre-pregnancy body mass index, weight change during pregnancy, and risk of intellectual disability in children. BJOG. 2013;120:309-19 pubmed publisher..Pre-pregnancy obesity may be a modifiable risk factor for ID in children, although further study is needed to evaluate whether the association meets criteria for causation. ..
- Brasky T, Li Y, Jaworowicz D, Potischman N, Ambrosone C, Hutson A, et al. Pregnancy-related characteristics and breast cancer risk. Cancer Causes Control. 2013;24:1675-85 pubmed publisher..We observed strong inverse associations between pregnancy N&V and breast cancer risk. Replication of these findings and exploration of underlying mechanisms could provide important insight into breast cancer etiology and prevention. ..
- Avecillas J, Falcone T, Arroliga A. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Crit Care Clin. 2004;20:679-95, ix pubmed..The different therapeutic options currently available are reviewed, and a stepwise approach for the management of these patients is provided. ..
- Freeman M, Sinha P. Tolerability of omega-3 fatty acid supplements in perinatal women. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2007;77:203-8 pubmed..Six reporting side effects received omega-3 fatty acids; seven received placebo. Neither pregnant nor postpartum women discontinued due to intolerability. Omega-3 fatty acid supplements were well tolerated by perinatal women. ..
- Strutz K, Richardson L, Hussey J. Selected preconception health indicators and birth weight disparities in a national study. Womens Health Issues. 2014;24:e89-97 pubmed publisher..Specifically, it indicates that interventions focused on prevention of overweight/obesity and maintenance of healthy weight during the transition to adulthood, especially among Black females, may be warranted. ..
- Dahl G, Tao S, Monteiro A. Effects of late-gestation heat stress on immunity and performance of calves. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:3193-3198 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is critical to effectively manage heat stress of dry cows to avoid negative effects on the calf. ..
- Kroumpouzos G, Cohen L. Specific dermatoses of pregnancy: an evidence-based systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;188:1083-92 pubmed..During the past few decades, a significant amount of new data has provided new insights into the classification, pathogenesis, treatment, prognosis, and fetal risks that are associated with the specific dermatoses of pregnancy. ..
- Drost M. Complications during gestation in the cow. Theriogenology. 2007;68:487-91 pubmed..Abnormal offspring syndrome is a more recent phenomenon associated with the transfer of IVF or SCNT embryos. Finally, reference is made to teratology in general and a website of illustrations is cited. ..
- Chasan Taber L, Schmidt M, Pekow P, Sternfeld B, Manson J, Solomon C, et al. Physical activity and gestational diabetes mellitus among Hispanic women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2008;17:999-1008 pubmed publisher..Findings in this Hispanic population, although based on small numbers of cases, are consistent with prior research among predominantly non-Hispanic white populations. ..
- Browne M, Rasmussen S, Hoyt A, Waller D, Druschel C, Caton A, et al. Maternal thyroid disease, thyroid medication use, and selected birth defects in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2009;85:621-8 pubmed publisher..New associations with left ventricular outflow tract obstruction heart defects and anorectal atresia may be chance findings. ..
- Witt W, Wisk L, Cheng E, Hampton J, Creswell P, Hagen E, et al. Poor prepregnancy and antepartum mental health predicts postpartum mental health problems among US women: a nationally representative population-based study. Womens Health Issues. 2011;21:304-13 pubmed publisher..This will ensure that women and their children are in the best possible health and mental health during the postpartum period and beyond. ..
- Louis J, Auckley D, Miladinovic B, Shepherd A, Mencin P, Kumar D, et al. Perinatal outcomes associated with obstructive sleep apnea in obese pregnant women. Obstet Gynecol. 2012;120:1085-92 pubmed publisher..67-10.77) were associated with development of preeclampsia. Obstructive sleep apnea among obese pregnant women is associated with more frequent preeclampsia, neonatal intensive care unit admissions, and cesarean delivery. II. ..
- Kawakita T, Parikh L, Ramsey P, Huang C, Zeymo A, Fernandez M, et al. Predictors of adverse neonatal outcomes in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015;213:570.e1-8 pubmed publisher..47-14.08, respectively). In women with ICP, TBA level â‰¥100 Î¼mol/L was associated with increased risk of stillbirth. TBA â‰¥40 Î¼mol/L was associated with increased risk of meconium-stained amniotic fluid. ..
- Posillico C, Schwarz J. An investigation into the effects of antenatal stressors on the postpartum neuroimmune profile and depressive-like behaviors. Behav Brain Res. 2016;298:218-28 pubmed publisher..Additionally, different forms of antenatal stress produce varying profiles of postpartum neuroimmune gene expression and associated depressive-like behaviors. ..
- Wax J. Risks and management of obesity in pregnancy: current controversies. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2009;21:117-23 pubmed publisher..An appreciation of these obesity-related reproductive issues is critical for optimal care of this growing segment of the female population. ..
- Vance G, Niederhauser A, Chauhan S, Magann E, Dahlke J, Muraskas J, et al. Does the International Classification of Disease (ICD-9) code accurately identify neonates who clinically have hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy?. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2011;71:202-6 pubmed publisher..00, BE ?12 mmol/l, and Apgar ?3 at 5 min). ICD-9 codes are unreliable in identifying birth asphyxia and cannot identify newborns meeting the clinical criteria for intrapartum HIE. ..
- Vesco K, Sharma A, Dietz P, Rizzo J, Callaghan W, England L, et al. Newborn size among obese women with weight gain outside the 2009 Institute of Medicine recommendation. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;117:812-8 pubmed publisher..Weight gain below recommendations decreases large for gestational age but increases small-for-gestational-age risk. II. ..
- Kawakita T, Wilson K, Grantz K, Landy H, Huang C, Gomez Lobo V. Adverse Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes in Adolescent Pregnancy. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2016;29:130-6 pubmed publisher..Adolescents were less likely to have a cesarean delivery. Failure to progress or cephalopelvic disproportion occurred less frequently in older adolescents. Adolescents who entered spontaneous labor had a shorter second stage of labor. ..
- Nugent E, Nugent A, Nugent R, Nugent K. Zika Virus: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis and Human Disease. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:466-473 pubmed publisher..The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is actively involved in tracking these infections and providing up-to-date information. ..
- Biggio J, Chapman V, Neely C, Cliver S, Rouse D. Fetal anomalies in obese women: the contribution of diabetes. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;115:290-6 pubmed publisher..Identification of maternal weight as a risk factor in epidemiologic studies may be a surrogate for pregestational diabetes. II. ..
- Whitaker K, Wilcox S, Liu J, Blair S, Pate R. Patient and Provider Perceptions of Weight Gain, Physical Activity, and Nutrition Counseling during Pregnancy: A Qualitative Study. Womens Health Issues. 2016;26:116-22 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to develop and evaluate the efficacy of interventions to help providers overcome perceived barriers and more effectively counsel women on weight and healthy lifestyles during pregnancy. ..
- Laptook A, Shankaran S, Tyson J, Munoz B, Bell E, Goldberg R, et al. Effect of Therapeutic Hypothermia Initiated After 6 Hours of Age on Death or Disability Among Newborns With Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:1550-1560 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, hypothermia trials have not been performed in infants presenting after 6 hours...
- Fontaine P, Hellerstedt W, Dayman C, Wall M, Sherwood N. Evaluating body mass index-specific trimester weight gain recommendations: differences between black and white women. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2012;57:327-35 pubmed publisher..For both races, excessive weight gain began by the second trimester, suggesting that counseling about the importance of weight gain during pregnancy should begin earlier, in the first trimester or prior to conception. ..
- Wen X, Higgins S, Xie C, Epstein L. Improving Public Acceptability of Using Financial Incentives for Smoking Cessation During Pregnancy: A Randomized Controlled Experiment. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016;18:913-8 pubmed publisher..One potential concern that needs to be further addressed by future intervention is unfairness of this smoking cessation approach to pregnant nonsmokers. ..
- Blackmore E, Gustafsson H, Gilchrist M, Wyman C, G O Connor T. Pregnancy-related anxiety: Evidence of distinct clinical significance from a prospective longitudinal study. J Affect Disord. 2016;197:251-8 pubmed publisher..PrA can be distinguished from general measures of anxiety in pregnancy in terms of longitudinal course, associated features, and prediction to postnatal mood disturbance, and may warrant specific clinical attention. ..
- Vonnahme K, Hess B, Hansen T, McCormick R, Rule D, Moss G, et al. Maternal undernutrition from early- to mid-gestation leads to growth retardation, cardiac ventricular hypertrophy, and increased liver weight in the fetal sheep. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:133-40 pubmed..While these alterations in fetal/placental development may be beneficial to early fetal survival in the face of a nutrient restriction, their effects later in gestation as well as in postnatal life need further investigation. ..
- Jousan F, Hansen P. Insulin-like growth factor-I as a survival factor for the bovine preimplantation embryo exposed to heat shock. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1665-70 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that IGF-I can serve as a survival factor for preimplantation bovine embryos exposed to heat shock by reducing the effects of heat shock on development and apoptosis. ..
- Aliyu M, Jolly P, Ehiri J, Salihu H. High parity and adverse birth outcomes: exploring the maze. Birth. 2005;32:45-59 pubmed..The literature also provides reasonable evidence for a higher-than-expected likelihood for occurrence of fetal macrosomia with advanced parity. ..
- Sax T, Rosenbaum R. Neuromuscular disorders in pregnancy. Muscle Nerve. 2006;34:559-71 pubmed..We review management of neuromuscular disorders during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and the early postpartum period. ..
- Gupta S, Agarwal A, Banerjee J, Alvarez J. The role of oxidative stress in spontaneous abortion and recurrent pregnancy loss: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2007;62:335-47; quiz 353-4 pubmed..The role of antioxidant vitamins for primary prevention of oxidative stress-induced pathologies needs to be investigated further...
- Wax J, Pinette M, Cartin A, Blackstone J. Female reproductive issues following bariatric surgery. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2007;62:595-604 pubmed
- Kulie T, Slattengren A, Redmer J, Counts H, Eglash A, Schrager S. Obesity and women's health: an evidence-based review. J Am Board Fam Med. 2011;24:75-85 pubmed publisher..Obese women are at higher risk for multiple cancers, including endometrial cancer, cervical cancer, breast cancer, and perhaps ovarian cancer. ..
- Lammert C, Loy V, Oshima K, Gawrieh S. Management of Difficult Cases of Autoimmune Hepatitis. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2016;18:9 pubmed publisher..In this article, we discuss approaches to these patients and other challenging AIH patient groups such as the asymptomatic, pregnant, elderly, and liver transplant recipients. ..
- Beckmann C. Peak flow values by gestation in women with asthma. Clin Nurs Res. 2008;17:174-81 pubmed publisher..001) and the second and third trimesters (>.007). Findings from the present study contradict those of studies on pregnant women without asthma. ..
- Schuel H. Tuning the oviduct to the anandamide tone. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2087-90 pubmed..These findings show that exogenous THC can swamp endogenous anandamide signaling systems, thereby affecting multiple physiological processes. ..
- Kujovich J. Thrombophilia and pregnancy complications. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;191:412-24 pubmed..Preliminary data suggesting prophylactic anticoagulation may improve gestational outcome provide a rationale for prospective randomized trials in thrombophilic women with unexplained recurrent fetal loss. ..
- Nilsson E, Anway M, Stanfield J, Skinner M. Transgenerational epigenetic effects of the endocrine disruptor vinclozolin on pregnancies and female adult onset disease. Reproduction. 2008;135:713-21 pubmed publisher..Observations demonstrate that vinclozolin exposure during gonadal sex determination promotes a transgenerational increase in pregnancy abnormalities and female adult onset disease states. ..
- Hassold T, Hunt P. Maternal age and chromosomally abnormal pregnancies: what we know and what we wish we knew. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2009;21:703-8 pubmed publisher..It seems likely that there are multiple causes of human age-related nondisjunction, complicating our efforts to understand - and, ultimately, to provide preventive measures for - errors associated with increasing maternal age. ..
- Guilbeau J. Health risks of energy drinks: what nurses and consumers need to know. Nurs Womens Health. 2012;16:423-8 pubmed publisher..In the workplace, any pharmacologic agent or substance, such as energy drinks, may present a risk to the delivery of health care, and the use energy drinks during pregnancy and lactation are a concern and patient education is warranted. ..
- Fleisch A, Rifas Shiman S, Rokoff L, Hivert M, Mantzoros C, Oken E. Associations of maternal prenatal smoking with umbilical cord blood hormones: the Project Viva cohort. Metabolism. 2017;72:18-26 pubmed publisher..This provides further reason to support smoking cessation programs in women of reproductive age. ..
- Barnes R, Masood S, Lammert N, Young R. Extragenital granuloma inguinale mimicking a soft-tissue neoplasm: a case report and review of the literature. Hum Pathol. 1990;21:559-61 pubmed..At frozen section, the mass had a xanthogranulomatous appearance consistent with a soft-tissue neoplasm. Special stains of the permanent sections revealed the pathognomic features of granuloma inguinale. ..
- Stepp K, Tulikangas P, Goldberg J, Attaran M, Falcone T. Laparoscopy for adnexal masses in the second trimester of pregnancy. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2003;10:55-9 pubmed
- Redline R. Villitis of unknown etiology: noninfectious chronic villitis in the placenta. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:1439-46 pubmed..Irrespective of target antigen or antigens, the pathophysiologic implications of having activated maternal lymphocytes within vascularized fetal tissues are not trivial. ..
- Hemminger J, Satoskar A, Brodsky S, Calomeni E, Nadasdy G, Kovach P, et al. Unique pattern of renal ? light chain amyloid deposition with histiocytic transdifferentiation of tubular epithelial cells. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012;36:1253-7 pubmed publisher..Our report proposes a similar mechanism of amyloidogenesis in the renal tubular epithelium. ..
- Reddy U, Davis J, Ren Z, Greene M. Opioid Use in Pregnancy, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, and Childhood Outcomes: Executive Summary of a Joint Workshop by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecol. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:10-28 pubmed publisher..This article provides a summary of the workshop presentations and discussions. ..
- Lipsky S, Holt V, Easterling T, Critchlow C. Police-reported intimate partner violence during pregnancy and the risk of antenatal hospitalization. Matern Child Health J. 2004;8:55-63 pubmed..This study suggests that women hospitalized during pregnancy, particularly those with substance abuse and mental health-related conditions, may be at high risk for concurrent IPV. ..
- Radawski M, Strakowski J, Johnson E. Acute common peroneal neuropathy due to hand positioning in normal labor and delivery. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;118:421-3 pubmed publisher..Labor and delivery teams should be aware that nerve injury is also possible at the distal thigh with excessive external pressure. ..
- Horowitz B, Mirkin D. Lead poisoning and chelation in a mother-neonate pair. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2001;39:727-31 pubmed..5 microg/dL (1.04 micromol/L) at 5 months of age. Despite extensive investigation, the precise source of the mother's lead toxicity remained undetermined. ..
- Tyler K, Zirwas M. Pregnancy and dermatologic therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;68:663-671 pubmed publisher..Dermatologic surgery may be performed during the second trimester of pregnancy with proper positioning, but elective procedures should be delayed until the postpartum period. ..
- McLafferty L, Becker M, Dresner N, Meltzer Brody S, Gopalan P, Glance J, et al. Guidelines for the Management of Pregnant Women With Substance Use Disorders. Psychosomatics. 2016;57:115-30 pubmed publisher..Our purpose in publishing this review is to provide clinicians and educators with the most up-to-date summary in this field to better engage these patients in care and break the intergenerational cycle of abuse and addiction. ..
- Marshall N, Spong C. Obesity, pregnancy complications, and birth outcomes. Semin Reprod Med. 2012;30:465-71 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss physiological alterations in obese pregnant women and examine obesity-related antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum complications along with management options...
- Rackett S, Baughman R. Impetigo herpetiformis and Staphylococcus aureus lymphadenitis in a pregnant adolescent. Pediatr Dermatol. 1997;14:387-90 pubmed..The remainder of her pregnancy was uncomplicated. We speculate that both pregnancy and infection led to this pustular flare of her psoriasis. ..
- Aliyu M, Luke S, Kristensen S, Alio A, Salihu H. Joint effect of obesity and teenage pregnancy on the risk of preeclampsia: a population-based study. J Adolesc Health. 2010;46:77-82 pubmed publisher..Effective obesity prevention strategies should continue to be advocated for all teenagers, in addition to innovative approaches to teenage pregnancy prevention. ..
- Rudra C, Williams M, Sheppard L, Koenig J, Schiff M, Frederick I, et al. Relation of whole blood carboxyhemoglobin concentration to ambient carbon monoxide exposure estimated using regression. Am J Epidemiol. 2010;171:942-51 pubmed publisher..Monthly estimated CO exposure was moderately correlated with an exposure biomarker. These results support the validity of this regression model for estimating ambient CO exposures in this population and geographic setting. ..
- Rodriguez M, Edelman A. Safety and efficacy of contraception--Why should the obese woman be any different?. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2011;12:85-91 pubmed publisher..Adequate counselling to prevent and/or plan for pregnancy is imperative for these women. Research that investigates the relationship between obesity and contraceptive use is urgently needed. ..
- Lloyd G, Lim A, Hamoui N, Nakada S, Kielb S. The Use of Medical Expulsive Therapy During Pregnancy: A Worldwide Perspective Among Experts. J Endourol. 2016;30:354-8 pubmed publisher..Still, 44% of global respondents embrace usage of this drug strategy despite a paucity of evidence supporting either safety or effectiveness during pregnancy. ..
- Amin Z, Mason G, Cavus I, Krystal J, Rothman D, Epperson C. The interaction of neuroactive steroids and GABA in the development of neuropsychiatric disorders in women. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2006;84:635-43 pubmed
- Reddy S, Holley J. The importance of increased dialysis and anemia management for infant survival in pregnant women on hemodialysis. Kidney Int. 2009;75:1133-1134 pubmed publisher..6+/-0.9 g/dl, should be the standard for pregnant women on hemodialysis. ..
- Sinclair J, Marzalik P. Suspected appendicitis in the pregnant patient. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2009;38:723-729 pubmed publisher..A standard protocol that incorporates magnetic resonance imaging technology in the evaluation of the pregnant patient is proposed. ..
- Britton G, Collier R, McKitrick S, Sprague L, Rhodes Keefe J, FEENEY A, et al. CE: Original Research: The Experiences of Pregnant Smokers and Their Providers. Am J Nurs. 2017;117:24-34 pubmed publisher..Specific educational suggestions include "putting a face" to the issue of tobacco use during pregnancy. More research is needed on how best to implement the 2008 clinical practice guideline in specific populations. ..