Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on polyribosomes in United States
Locale: United States
- Hu W, Sweet T, Chamnongpol S, Baker K, Coller J. Co-translational mRNA decay in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nature. 2009;461:225-9 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that dissociation of ribosomes from mRNA is not a prerequisite for decay and we suggest that the 5'-3' polarity of mRNA degradation has evolved to ensure that the last translocating ribosome can complete translation...
- Chaudhury A, Hussey G, Ray P, Jin G, Fox P, Howe P. TGF-beta-mediated phosphorylation of hnRNP E1 induces EMT via transcript-selective translational induction of Dab2 and ILEI. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:286-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the existence of a TGF-beta-inducible post-transcriptional regulon that controls EMT during the development and metastatic progression of tumours...
- Tamate H, Patel R, Riedl A, Jacobs Lorena M. Overproduction and translational regulation of rp49 ribosomal protein mRNA in transgenic Drosophila carrying extra copies of the gene. Mol Gen Genet. 1990;221:171-5 pubmed..The results indicate that the basis for coordinate r-protein gene expression lies in the intrinsic properties of r-protein genes, rather than in a dynamic system that separately modulates the expression of individual genes. ..
- Vyas K, Chaudhuri S, Leaman D, Komar A, Musiyenko A, Barik S, et al. Genome-wide polysome profiling reveals an inflammation-responsive posttranscriptional operon in gamma interferon-activated monocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:458-70 pubmed publisher..This regulation of a cohort of mRNAs encoding inflammatory proteins may be important to resolve inflammation. ..
- Luo Z, Freitag M, Sachs M. Translational regulation in response to changes in amino acid availability in Neurospora crassa. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5235-45 pubmed..We examined the regulation of arg-2-lacZ reporter genes containing or lacking the uORF start codon; the capacity for arg-2 uORF translation appeared critical for controlling gene expression. ..
- Sheets M, Fritz B, Hartley R, Zhang Y. Polyribosome analysis for investigating mRNA translation in Xenopus oocytes, eggs and embryos. Methods. 2010;51:152-6 pubmed publisher..We present detailed protocols, describe the critical controls and provide several examples to guide the interpretation of experimental results regarding the translational state of specific mRNAs...
- Qu X, Yang Z, Zhang S, Shen L, Dangel A, Hughes J, et al. The human DEVH-box protein Ski2w from the HLA is localized in nucleoli and ribosomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4068-77 pubmed..Indirect immunofluorescence experiments showed that human Ski2w is localized in the nucleoli and in the cytoplasm. In essence, human Ski2w is present at the sites of ribosome biogenesis and protein synthesis. ..
- Peng Y, Liu X, Schoenberg D. The 90-kDa heat shock protein stabilizes the polysomal ribonuclease 1 mRNA endonuclease to degradation by the 26S proteasome. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:546-52 pubmed..We present a model where Hsp90 interacts transiently to stabilize PMR1 in a manner similar to its interaction with c-Src, thus facilitating the tyrosine phosphorylation and targeting of PMR1 to polysomes. ..
- Long S, Pekala P. Regulation of GLUT4 mRNA stability by tumor necrosis factor-alpha: alterations in both protein binding to the 3' untranslated region and initiation of translation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;220:949-53 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that enhanced decay of the GLUT4 mRNA may occur through a mechanism involving accumulation of a 40s preinitiation complex which correlates with increased protein binding to the 3'UTR. ..
- Hu W, Petzold C, Coller J, Baker K. Nonsense-mediated mRNA decapping occurs on polyribosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:244-7 pubmed publisher..We show decapped nonsense-containing mRNA associate with polyribosomes, indicating that recognition and degradation are tightly coupled and that polyribosomes are major sites for degradation of aberrant mRNAs. ..
- Gu W, Hecht N. Developmental expression of glutathione peroxidase, catalase, and manganese superoxide dismutase mRNAs during spermatogenesis in the mouse. J Androl. 1996;17:256-62 pubmed..These data suggest that translational regulation plays a more prominent role for SOD-2 expression than for GSHPx or CAT expression in the mammalian testis. ..
- Weaver B, Andrews G. Regulation of zinc-responsive Slc39a5 (Zip5) translation is mediated by conserved elements in the 3'-untranslated region. Biometals. 2012;25:319-35 pubmed publisher..Transient transfection assays using native and mutant Zip5 3'-UTRs cloned 3' to luciferase cDNA revealed that the miRNA seed sites and the stem-loop function together to augment translation of Zip5 mRNA when zinc is replete. ..
- Stevens A, Wang Y, Bremer K, Zhang J, Hoepfner R, Antoniou M, et al. Beta -Globin mRNA decay in erythroid cells: UG site-preferred endonucleolytic cleavage that is augmented by a premature termination codon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12741-6 pubmed..These data suggest that an endonuclease with preference for UG dinucleotides is involved in the degradation of nonsense-containing and, to a lesser extent, nonsense-free human beta-globin mRNAs in mouse erythroid cells. ..
- Mazumder B, Fox P. Delayed translational silencing of ceruloplasmin transcript in gamma interferon-activated U937 monocytic cells: role of the 3' untranslated region. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6898-905 pubmed
- Jiao Y, Meyerowitz E. Cell-type specific analysis of translating RNAs in developing flowers reveals new levels of control. Mol Syst Biol. 2010;6:419 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identified a new class of noncoding RNAs associated with polysomes. Findings from our profiling lead to new hypotheses in the understanding of flower development...
- Roy L, Barkan A. A SecY homologue is required for the elaboration of the chloroplast thylakoid membrane and for normal chloroplast gene expression. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:385-95 pubmed..CpSecY mutants also exhibit a defect in chloroplast translation, revealing a link between chloroplast membrane biogenesis and chloroplast gene expression. ..
- Patel R, Jacobs Lorena M. Cis-acting sequences in the 5'-untranslated region of the ribosomal protein A1 mRNA mediate its translational regulation during early embryogenesis of Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1159-64 pubmed..The results indicated that a 89-nucleotide sequence in the untranslated rpA1 mRNA leader is by itself sufficient to confer full translational regulation to a heterologous mRNA. ..
- Piekna Przybylska D, Przybylski P, Baudin Baillieu A, Rousset J, Fournier M. Ribosome performance is enhanced by a rich cluster of pseudouridines in the A-site finger region of the large subunit. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26026-36 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the Psis in the three-helix region improve fitness of a eukaryotic ribosome. ..
- Branco Price C, Kaiser K, Jang C, Larive C, Bailey Serres J. Selective mRNA translation coordinates energetic and metabolic adjustments to cellular oxygen deprivation and reoxygenation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2008;56:743-55 pubmed publisher..The selective translation of a subset of mRNAs promotes the conservation of ATP and facilitates the transition to anaerobic metabolism during low-oxygen stress...
- Kirn Safran C, Oristian D, Focht R, Parker S, Vivian J, Carson D. Global growth deficiencies in mice lacking the ribosomal protein HIP/RPL29. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:447-60 pubmed..Altogether, our findings provide conclusive genetic evidence that HIP/RPL29 functions as an important regulator of global growth by modulating the rate of protein synthesis. ..
- Barr Fritcher E, Voss J, Jenkins S, Lingineni R, Clayton A, Roberts L, et al. Primary sclerosing cholangitis with equivocal cytology: fluorescence in situ hybridization and serum CA 19-9 predict risk of malignancy. Cancer Cytopathol. 2013;121:708-17 pubmed publisher..The objective of the current study was to identify independent predictors of malignancy in patients with PSC with an equivocal cytology diagnosis...
- Liu B, Liang X, Piekna Przybylska D, Liu Q, Fournier M. Mis-targeted methylation in rRNA can severely impair ribosome synthesis and activity. RNA Biol. 2008;5:249-54 pubmed..These findings imply that nucleotide modifications can serve as evolutionary constraints and that snoRNP mutations expected to occur in nature can cause human disease. ..
- McLaren R, Caruccio N, Ross J. Human La protein: a stabilizer of histone mRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3028-36 pubmed..La had little or no effect on several other cell cycle-regulated mRNAs. We suggest that La prolongs the histone mRNA half-life during S phase and thereby increases histone protein production. ..
- Kapeli K, Hurlin P. Differential regulation of N-Myc and c-Myc synthesis, degradation, and transcriptional activity by the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38498-508 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies provide mechanistic insight into how oncogenic Ras augments N-Myc levels in cells and suggest that enhanced N-Myc translation and degradation-coupled transactivation may contribute to oncogenesis. ..
- Long T. Many needles in a haystack: cell-type specific abiotic stress responses. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2011;14:325-31 pubmed publisher..Continued technological advances in profiling the proteomes, metabolomes, and other biological components of specific cells will continue to broaden our understanding of plant stress responses. ..
- Braat A, Yan N, Arn E, Harrison D, Macdonald P. Localization-dependent oskar protein accumulation; control after the initiation of translation. Dev Cell. 2004;7:125-31 pubmed..Thus, the mechanisms that prevent accumulation of Oskar protein until it can be secured at the posterior pole of the oocyte include regulated degradation or inhibition of translational elongation. ..
- Kash J, Cunningham D, Smit M, Park Y, Fritz D, Wilusz J, et al. Selective translation of eukaryotic mRNAs: functional molecular analysis of GRSF-1, a positive regulator of influenza virus protein synthesis. J Virol. 2002;76:10417-26 pubmed..Further, our data suggest GRSF-1 functions by selectively recruiting cellular and viral mRNAs containing 5' UTR GRSF-1 binding sites to polyribosomes, which is mediated through interactions with cellular proteins. ..
- Hull S, Boris Lawrie K. RU5 of Mason-Pfizer monkey virus 5' long terminal repeat enhances cytoplasmic expression of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gag-pol and nonviral reporter RNA. J Virol. 2002;76:10211-8 pubmed
- Olsen P, Ambros V. The lin-4 regulatory RNA controls developmental timing in Caenorhabditis elegans by blocking LIN-14 protein synthesis after the initiation of translation. Dev Biol. 1999;216:671-80 pubmed
- Durfee L, Lyon N, Seo K, Huibregtse J. The ISG15 conjugation system broadly targets newly synthesized proteins: implications for the antiviral function of ISG15. Mol Cell. 2010;38:722-32 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, we demonstrate that ISGylation of human papillomavirus (HPV) L1 capsid protein has a dominant-inhibitory effect on the infectivity of HPV16 pseudoviruses. ..
- Bose T, Lee K, Lu S, Xu B, Harris B, Slaughter B, et al. Cohesin proteins promote ribosomal RNA production and protein translation in yeast and human cells. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002749 pubmed publisher..Reduced translational capacity could contribute to the human cohesinopathies...
- Townley Tilson W, Pendergrass S, Marzluff W, Whitfield M. Genome-wide analysis of mRNAs bound to the histone stem-loop binding protein. RNA. 2006;12:1853-67 pubmed..Both platforms demonstrate remarkable specificity and consistency of results. Our data suggest that the replication-dependent histone mRNAs are likely to be the sole target of SLBP. ..
- Vumbaca F, Phoenix K, Rodriguez Pinto D, Han D, Claffey K. Double-stranded RNA-binding protein regulates vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA stability, translation, and breast cancer angiogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:772-83 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the DRBP76/NF90 isoform facilitates VEGF expression by promoting VEGF mRNA loading onto polysomes and translation under hypoxic conditions, thus promoting breast cancer growth and angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Kopczynski C, Muskavitch M. Complex spatio-temporal accumulation of alternative transcripts from the neurogenic gene Delta during Drosophila embryogenesis. Development. 1989;107:623-36 pubmed..The apparent association of these three transcripts with polysomes suggests that they accumulate within the cytoplasm at the nuclear periphery and is consistent with the hypothesis that Dl encodes multiple translational products. ..
- Wang J, Saha T, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Raikhel A. Juvenile hormone and its receptor methoprene-tolerant promote ribosomal biogenesis and vitellogenesis in the Aedes aegypti mosquito. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10306-10315 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that JH is critical for inducing the expression of ribosomal protein genes and demonstrate that RRS1 mediates the JH signal to enhance both ribosomal biogenesis and vitellogenesis. ..
- Prokipcak R, Herrick D, Ross J. Purification and properties of a protein that binds to the C-terminal coding region of human c-myc mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9261-9 pubmed..In contrast, N-myc coding region competitor RNA has no effect on c-myc mRNA half-life. Therefore, the protein we have purified probably affects c-myc mRNA metabolism with high specificity. ..
- Dick F, Trumpower B. Heterologous complementation reveals that mutant alleles of QSR1 render 60S ribosomal subunits unstable and translationally inactive. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2442-8 pubmed..Velocity gradient analyses of the hybrid ribosomes after exposure to high concentrations of salt indicate that the decreased activity is due to lability of the hybrid 60S subunits. ..
- Greenberg J, Phan L, Gu Z, DeSilva A, Apolito C, Sherman F, et al. Nip1p associates with 40 S ribosomes and the Prt1p subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor 3 and is required for efficient translation initiation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23485-94 pubmed..Also, nip1-1 mutant cells are hypersensitive to paromomycin. These results suggest that Nip1p is a subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor 3 required for efficient translation initiation. ..
- Lu L, Wang S, Zheng L, Li X, Suswam E, Zhang X, et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutant SOD1 sequesters Hu antigen R (HuR) and TIA-1-related protein (TIAR): implications for impaired post-transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33989-98 pubmed publisher..The rescue effect of HuR suggests that this impairment, whether related to VEGF or other potential mRNA targets, contributes to cytotoxicity in ALS. ..
- Min K, Davila S, Zealy R, Lloyd L, Lee I, Lee R, et al. eIF4E phosphorylation by MST1 reduces translation of a subset of mRNAs, but increases lncRNA translation. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:761-772 pubmed publisher..This novel signaling pathway will provide new platforms for regulation of mRNA translation via post-translational protein modification. ..
- Hong B, Brockenbrough J, Wu P, Aris J. Nop2p is required for pre-rRNA processing and 60S ribosome subunit synthesis in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:378-88 pubmed..However, methylation of UmGm psi UC2922 in mature 25S rRNA appears normal. These findings provide evidence for a close interconnection between methylation at this conserved site and the processing step that yields the 25S rRNA. ..
- Zanchin N, Goldfarb D. Nip7p interacts with Nop8p, an essential nucleolar protein required for 60S ribosome biogenesis, and the exosome subunit Rrp43p. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1518-25 pubmed..Distinct pools of Rrp43p may interact both with the exosome and with Nip7p, possibly both in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm, to catalyze analogous reactions in the multistep process of 60S ribosome biogenesis and mRNA turnover. ..
- Ho J, Johnson A. NMD3 encodes an essential cytoplasmic protein required for stable 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2389-99 pubmed..However, these proteins all have an amino-terminal domain containing four repeats of Cx2C, reminiscent of zinc-binding proteins, implicated in nucleic acid binding or protein oligomerization. ..
- Li S, Liu L, Zhuang X, Yu Y, Liu X, Cui X, et al. MicroRNAs inhibit the translation of target mRNAs on the endoplasmic reticulum in Arabidopsis. Cell. 2013;153:562-74 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that translation inhibition is an important activity of plant miRNAs, reveals the subcellular location of this activity, and uncovers a previously unknown function of the ER. ..
- Sheflin L, Zhang W, Spaulding S. Androgen regulates the level and subcellular distribution of the AU-rich ribonucleic acid-binding protein HuR both in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2361-8 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Forinash K, McGivern J, Fritz B, Dorey K, Sheets M. Spatially restricted translation of the xCR1 mRNA in Xenopus embryos. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3791-802 pubmed publisher..Our studies of xCR1 mRNA document the first example of spatially regulated translation in controlling the asymmetric distribution of a maternal determinant in vertebrates. ..
- Kozak S, Marin M, Rose K, Bystrom C, Kabat D. The anti-HIV-1 editing enzyme APOBEC3G binds HIV-1 RNA and messenger RNAs that shuttle between polysomes and stress granules. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29105-19 pubmed..Many proteins and RNAs associated with A3G are excluded from A3G-containing virions, implying that A3G competitively partitions into virions based on affinity for HIV-1 RNA. ..
- Polevoda B, Brown S, Cardillo T, Rigby S, Sherman F. Yeast N(alpha)-terminal acetyltransferases are associated with ribosomes. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:492-508 pubmed..Moreover, Ard1p copurifies with Rpl35p-TAP. We suggest that these two ribosomal proteins, which are in close proximity to the ribosomal exit tunnel, may play a role in NatA attachment to the ribosome. ..
- Spruill L, Lowry A, Stroud R, Squires C, Mains I, Flack E, et al. Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase transcription and translation in myocardial fibroblasts from patients with normal left ventricular function and from patients with cardiomyopathy. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1362-73 pubmed..These phenotypic changes in DCM fibroblasts may provide the basis for developing cell specific pharmacological targets for control of MT1-MMP expression. ..
- Kubica N, Crispino J, Gallagher J, Kimball S, Jefferson L. Activation of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 is both necessary and sufficient to stimulate eukaryotic initiation factor 2Bvarepsilon mRNA translation and protein synthesis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2522-33 pubmed publisher
- Groppo R, Palmenberg A. Cardiovirus 2A protein associates with 40S but not 80S ribosome subunits during infection. J Virol. 2007;81:13067-74 pubmed publisher..The results provide further evidence for a role of 2A protein in the mechanism of cardiovirus-induced host translational shutoff...
- Juntawong P, Girke T, Bazin J, Bailey Serres J. Translational dynamics revealed by genome-wide profiling of ribosome footprints in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E203-12 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we present an experimental approach that illuminates prevalent and nuanced regulation of protein synthesis under optimal and energy-limiting conditions. ..
- Tuxworth W, Shiraishi H, Moschella P, Yamane K, McDermott P, Kuppuswamy D. Translational activation of 5'-TOP mRNA in pressure overload myocardium. Basic Res Cardiol. 2008;103:41-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our in vitro studies indicate that distinct pathways are operational during the early course of hypertrophic growth and converge to activate mTOR resulting in the translational activation of 5'-TOP mRNA...
- Juntawong P, Sorenson R, Bailey Serres J. Cold shock protein 1 chaperones mRNAs during translation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2013;74:1016-28 pubmed publisher..In summary, CSP1 selectively chaperones mRNAs, providing translational enhancement during stress. ..
- Leontieva O, Ionov Y. RNA-binding motif protein 35A is a novel tumor suppressor for colorectal cancer. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:490-7 pubmed..We propose that RBM35A is involved in posttranscriptional regulation of a number of genes by exerting a differential effect on protein translation via 5'UTRs of mRNAs. ..
- Scarcelli J, Viggiano S, Hodge C, Heath C, Amberg D, Cole C. Synthetic genetic array analysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae provides evidence for an interaction between RAT8/DBP5 and genes encoding P-body components. Genetics. 2008;179:1945-55 pubmed publisher..Although these foci are distinct from P-bodies, the two merge under heat-stress conditions. We suggest that these granules reflect defective mRNP remodeling during mRNA export and during cytoplasmic mRNA metabolism. ..
- Yoon H, Miller S, Pabich E, Donahue T. SSL1, a suppressor of a HIS4 5'-UTR stem-loop mutation, is essential for translation initiation and affects UV resistance in yeast. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2463-77 pubmed..In light of the related effects of mutations in the SSL1 and SSL2 genes, the encoded proteins may functionally interact both to promote DNA repair and perform an essential function during translation initiation. ..
- Lee B, Udagawa T, Singh C, Asano K. Yeast phenotypic assays on translational control. Methods Enzymol. 2007;429:105-37 pubmed..Different amino acid analogs or amino acid enzyme inhibitors are used to study Gcd(-) or Gcn(-) phenotypes. The method of polysome profiling is also described to gain an ultimate "phenotypic" proof for translation defects...
- Tabb A, Utsugi T, Wooten Kee C, Sasaki T, Edling S, Gump W, et al. Genes encoding ribosomal proteins Rps0A/B of Saccharomyces cerevisiae interact with TOM1 mutants defective in ribosome synthesis. Genetics. 2001;157:1107-16 pubmed..Ribosome synthesis is therefore included among the cellular processes governed by members of the hect-domain-containing E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase family. ..
- Doyle G, Betz N, Leeds P, Fleisig A, Prokipcak R, Ross J. The c-myc coding region determinant-binding protein: a member of a family of KH domain RNA-binding proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5036-44 pubmed..Recombinant mouse CRD-BP binds specifically to c- myc CRD RNA in vitro and reacts with antibody against human CRD-BP. Most of the CRD-BP in the cell is cytoplasmic and co-sediments with ribosomal subunits. ..
- Moss S, Challoner P, Groudine M. Expression of a novel histone 2B during mouse spermiogenesis. Dev Biol. 1989;133:83-92 pubmed..The H2b mRNA is in polyribosomes isolated from spermatogenic cells, strongly suggesting that it is translated during spermiogenesis. ..
- Bernstein P, Herrick D, Prokipcak R, Ross J. Control of c-myc mRNA half-life in vitro by a protein capable of binding to a coding region stability determinant. Genes Dev. 1992;6:642-54 pubmed..Possible links between the protective protein, translation, ribosome pausing, and c-myc mRNA turnover are discussed. ..
- Clarke C, Mediwala K, Jenkins R, Sutton C, Tholanikunnel B, Hannun Y. Neutral sphingomyelinase-2 mediates growth arrest by retinoic acid through modulation of ribosomal S6 kinase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21565-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results implicate nSMase2 as a major component of ATRA-induced growth arrest of MCF-7 cells and identify S6K as a novel downstream target of nSMase2. ..
- Ishimaru D, Ramalingam S, Sengupta T, Bandyopadhyay S, Dellis S, Tholanikunnel B, et al. Regulation of Bcl-2 expression by HuR in HL60 leukemia cells and A431 carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1354-66 pubmed publisher..HuR knockdown also leads to redistribution of bcl-2 mRNA from polysomes to monosomes. Thus, HuR seems to play a positive role in both regulation of bcl-2 mRNA translation and mRNA stability. ..
- Weaver B, Dufner Beattie J, Kambe T, Andrews G. Novel zinc-responsive post-transcriptional mechanisms reciprocally regulate expression of the mouse Slc39a4 and Slc39a5 zinc transporters (Zip4 and Zip5). Biol Chem. 2007;388:1301-12 pubmed..After zinc-gavage, ZIP5 is rapidly resynthesized and targeted to the basolateral membranes of these cell types...
- Zanetti M, Chang I, Gong F, Galbraith D, Bailey Serres J. Immunopurification of polyribosomal complexes of Arabidopsis for global analysis of gene expression. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:624-35 pubmed..This technology can be extended to evaluation of mRNA populations at the cell- or tissue-specific level by regulation of the tagged RP with distinct promoters. ..
- Yiu G, Gu W, Hecht N. Heterogeneity in the 5' untranslated region of mouse cytochrome cT mRNAs leads to altered translational status of the mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:4599-606 pubmed