Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on polymerase chain reaction in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: polymerase chain reaction
Publications536 found, 100 shown here
- Doherty M, Glass I, Bennett C, Cotter P, Watson N, Mitchell A, et al. An Xp; Yq translocation causing a novel contiguous gene syndrome in brothers with generalized epilepsy, ichthyosis, and attention deficits. Epilepsia. 2003;44:1529-35 pubmed..Cytogenetic analyses should be included in the clinical evaluation of patients with generalized epilepsy and complex phenotypes. ..
- Kubota R, McGuire C, Dierks B, Reh T. Identification of ciliary epithelial-specific genes using subtractive libraries and cDNA arrays in the avian eye. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:529-40 pubmed..We propose that the mechanisms that regulate the expression of ciliary epithelial genes are linked to the reduction in proliferation that results in the epithelial monolayer in this region. ..
- Mosser A, Vrtis R, Burchell L, Lee W, Dick C, Weisshaar E, et al. Quantitative and qualitative analysis of rhinovirus infection in bronchial tissues. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;171:645-51 pubmed..These results confirm that infection of lower airway tissues is a frequent finding during a cold and further demonstrate a patchy distribution of infected cells, a pattern similar to that reported in upper airway tissues. ..
- Wu J, Ling X, Pan D, Apontes P, Song L, Liang P, et al. Molecular mechanism of inhibition of survivin transcription by the GC-rich sequence-selective DNA binding antitumor agent, hedamycin: evidence of survivin down-regulation associated with drug sensitivity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9745-51 pubmed..Drug-induced modulation of survivin gene expression may provide novel approaches for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Kaltenboeck B, Wang C. Advances in real-time PCR: application to clinical laboratory diagnostics. Adv Clin Chem. 2005;40:219-59 pubmed..Critical discussions focus on basic concepts, variations, data analysis, instrument platforms, signal detection formats, sample collection, assay design, and execution of real-time PCR. ..
- Maslov D, Westenberger S, Xu X, Campbell D, Sturm N. Discovery and barcoding by analysis of spliced leader RNA gene sequences of new isolates of Trypanosomatidae from Heteroptera in Costa Rica and Ecuador. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2007;54:57-65 pubmed..Investigations of trypanosomatid diversity, host-specificity, and biogeography have become feasible using the approach described herein...
- Miller M, Atwood T, Eames B, Eberhart J, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, et al. RAD marker microarrays enable rapid mapping of zebrafish mutations. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R105 pubmed..The RAD approach is highly effective for genetic mapping in zebrafish and is an attractive option for mapping in other organisms. ..
- Kirchner S, Muduli A, Casirola D, Prum K, Douard V, Ferraris R. Luminal fructose inhibits rat intestinal sodium-phosphate cotransporter gene expression and phosphate uptake. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87:1028-38 pubmed..Consumption of fructose that supplies approximately 10% of caloric intake by Americans clearly affects absorption of Pi and may promote Pi homeostasis in patients with impaired renal function. ..
- Lambreghts R, Shi M, Belden W, DeCaprio D, Park D, Henn M, et al. A high-density single nucleotide polymorphism map for Neurospora crassa. Genetics. 2009;181:767-81 pubmed publisher..Data on both putative and validated SNPs are deposited in a customized public database at the Broad Institute, which encourages augmentation by community users. ..
- Chen V, Chen Y, Li H, Kent K, Baumgartner J, Machida C. Herpesviruses in abscesses and cellulitis of endodontic origin. J Endod. 2009;35:182-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that herpesviruses are present but not required for the development of acute apical abscesses and cellulitis of endodontic origin. ..
- Reich K, Chen Y, Thompson P, Hoffman E, Clarkson P. Forty-eight hours of unloading and 24 h of reloading lead to changes in global gene expression patterns related to ubiquitination and oxidative stress in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;109:1404-15 pubmed publisher..The gene expression patterns were not reversed on RL, suggesting that molecular responses to short-term periods of skeletal muscle inactivity may persist after activity resumes...
- Phipps W, Saracino M, Magaret A, Selke S, Remington M, Huang M, et al. Persistent genital herpes simplex virus-2 shedding years following the first clinical episode. J Infect Dis. 2011;203:180-7 pubmed publisher..Rates of genital shedding initially decrease over time after infection, but data on long-term viral shedding are lacking...
- Bottalico D, Chen Z, Dunne A, Ostoloza J, McKinney S, Sun C, et al. The oral cavity contains abundant known and novel human papillomaviruses from the Betapapillomavirus and Gammapapillomavirus genera. J Infect Dis. 2011;204:787-92 pubmed publisher..HPV types might infect body sites that are different from those from which they were originally isolated...
- Henderson K, Dole V, Parker N, Momtsios P, Banu L, Brouillette R, et al. Pneumocystis carinii causes a distinctive interstitial pneumonia in immunocompetent laboratory rats that had been attributed to "rat respiratory virus". Vet Pathol. 2012;49:440-52 pubmed publisher..carinii. These data provide substantial evidence that P. carinii causes IIP in immunocompetent rats...
- Joice R, Narasimhan V, Montgomery J, Sidhu A, Oh K, Meyer E, et al. Inferring developmental stage composition from gene expression in human malaria. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003392 pubmed publisher..We believe this approach will be a valuable resource for staging lab and field samples alike and will have wide applicability in epidemiological studies of malaria transmission. ..
- Park E, Lee C, Bisesi M, Lee J. Efficiency of peracetic acid in inactivating bacteria, viruses, and spores in water determined with ATP bioluminescence, quantitative PCR, and culture-based methods. J Water Health. 2014;12:13-23 pubmed publisher..Together with the use of rapid detection methods, this approach can be useful for urgent situations when timely response is needed for ensuring water quality. ..
- Mohaupt M, Elzie J, Ahn K, Clapp W, Wilcox C, Kone B. Differential expression and induction of mRNAs encoding two inducible nitric oxide synthases in rat kidney. Kidney Int. 1994;46:653-65 pubmed..We conclude that two iNOS isoforms are constitutively and heterogeneously expressed in the normal rat kidney, and that endotoxemia and cytokines differentially induce their expression. ..
- Douglass J, McKinzie A, Couceyro P. PCR differential display identifies a rat brain mRNA that is transcriptionally regulated by cocaine and amphetamine. J Neurosci. 1995;15:2471-81 pubmed..Basal expression of the RNA doublet is limited to neuroendocrine tissues, further implying that the protein product plays a functional role in both neuronal and endocrine tissues. ..
- Yang J, Deng X, Deng L, Gu H, Fan W, Cao Y. Telomerase activation by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 is associated with c-Myc expression in human nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2004;23:495-506 pubmed..In addition, we also found that C-terminus of LMP1, including CTAR1 and CTAR2 domains participated in telomerase activation. Together, these findings suggested that LMP1 activated telomerase via c-myc. ..
- Woods D, Reen F, Gilroy D, Buckley J, Frye J, Boyd E. Rapid multiplex PCR and real-time TaqMan PCR assays for detection of Salmonella enterica and the highly virulent serovars Choleraesuis and Paratyphi C. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:4018-22 pubmed publisher..The technique was also adapted for a real-time PCR rapid-detection assay for both serovars Choleraesuis and Paratyphi C that complements the current procedures for Salmonella sp. isolation and serotyping...
- Aponte E, Pulido J, Ellison J, Quiram P, Mohney B. A novel NDP mutation in an infant with unilateral persistent fetal vasculature and retinal vasculopathy. Ophthalmic Genet. 2009;30:99-102 pubmed publisher..196G > A at the cDNA level and E66K at the protein level. We report a novel mutation in the NDP gene in a patient whose presentation demonstrates the phenotypic heterogeneity of NDP-related disorders. ..
- Adams B, Cowee D, White B. The role of miR-206 in the epidermal growth factor (EGF) induced repression of estrogen receptor-alpha (ERalpha) signaling and a luminal phenotype in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:1215-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-206 contributes to EGFR-mediated abrogation of estrogenic responses in MCF-7 cells, contributes to a Luminal-A- to Basal-like phenotypic switch, and may be a measure of EGFR response within Basal-like breast tumors. ..
- Troxell M, Levine J, Beadling C, Warrick A, Dunlap J, Presnell A, et al. High prevalence of PIK3CA/AKT pathway mutations in papillary neoplasms of the breast. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:27-37 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that approximately two-thirds of papillomas are driven by mutations in the PI3CA/AKT pathway. Some papillary carcinomas may arise from these lesions, but others may have different molecular origins. ..
- Diaz F, Anthony K, Halfhill A. Early avian follicular development is characterized by changes in transcripts involved in steroidogenesis, paracrine signaling and transcription. Mol Reprod Dev. 2011;78:212-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, a number of candidate marker genes were identified, and a method of follicle culture was developed to study early follicular development in a model avian species...
- Willis B, Niswender C, Su T, Amieux P, McKnight G. Cell-type specific expression of a dominant negative PKA mutation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18772 pubmed publisher..Activation of the RI?B allele in vivo provides a novel system for the analysis of PKA function in physiology. ..
- Brunelle S, Van Dolah F. Post-transcriptional regulation of S-phase genes in the dinoflagellate, Karenia brevis. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2011;58:373-82 pubmed publisher..brevis. Differential expression of these S-phase proteins may be useful in the development of biomarkers to assess bloom growth status in the field. ..
- Wu K, Hoy M. Extended starvation reduced and eliminated Wolbachia, but not Cardinium, from Metaseiulus occidentalis females (Acari: Phytoseiidae): a need to reassess Wolbachia's status in this predatory mite?. J Invertebr Pathol. 2012;109:20-6 pubmed publisher..occidentalis. In light of our current findings, we recommend specific practices for the identification of potential symbionts in predatory arthropod species using the PCR...
- Prohaska J, Broderius M. Copper deficiency has minimal impact on ferroportin expression or function. Biometals. 2012;25:633-42 pubmed publisher..Fpn steady state levels appear to be regulated by a complex set of factors. Changes in Fpn do not explain the anemia of CuD. ..
- Hiatt J, Pritchard C, Salipante S, O Roak B, Shendure J. Single molecule molecular inversion probes for targeted, high-accuracy detection of low-frequency variation. Genome Res. 2013;23:843-54 pubmed publisher..3%-1.4%), and NRAS p.Q61R (colon, 4.7%). We anticipate that smMIP will be broadly adoptable as a practical and effective method for accurately detecting low-frequency mutations in both research and clinical settings. ..
- Donskey C, Sunkesula V, Jencson A, Stone N, Gould C, McDonald L, et al. Utility of a commercial PCR assay and a clinical prediction rule for detection of toxigenic Clostridium difficile in asymptomatic carriers. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52:315-8 pubmed publisher..A clinical prediction rule, followed by PCR screening, could be used to identify carriers at high risk of C. difficile shedding. ..
- Mueller P, Coleman T, Dunphy W. Cell cycle regulation of a Xenopus Wee1-like kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:119-34 pubmed..These studies indicate that the down-regulation of Wee1-like kinase activity at mitosis is a multistep process that occurs after other biochemical reactions have signaled the successful completion of S phase. ..
- Grone A, Weckmann M, Capen C, Rosol T. Canine glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase complementary DNA: polymerase chain reaction amplification, cloning, partial sequence analysis, and use as loading control in ribonuclease protection assays. Am J Vet Res. 1996;57:254-7 pubmed..Canine GAPDH cDNA is a useful loading control to be used in RNase protection assays measuring mRNA expression in canine cells or tissues. ..
- Shrimpton A, Borowitz D, Swender P. Cystic fibrosis mutation frequencies in upstate New York. Hum Mutat. 1997;10:436-42 pubmed..A detection rate of 96% of the combined Syracuse and Buffalo population CF chromosomes was obtained. ..
- Rasmussen C, Pace J, Banerjee S, Phillips T, Hunt J. Trophoblastic cell lines generated from tumour necrosis factor receptor-deficient mice reveal specific functions for the two tumour necrosis factor receptors. Placenta. 1999;20:213-22 pubmed..Collectively, the observations support the postulate that receptor expression is the key factor which determines the nature and extent of TNF-alpha effects on trophoblast cell growth and function. ..
- Vermeire J, Taft A, Hoffmann K, Fitzpatrick J, Yoshino T. Schistosoma mansoni: DNA microarray gene expression profiling during the miracidium-to-mother sporocyst transformation. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2006;147:39-47 pubmed..mansoni larvae provides a starting point for expanding our understanding of the genes that may be involved in the establishment of parasitism and maintenance of infection in these important life cycle stages. ..
- Clemmer K, Rather P. The Lon protease regulates swarming motility and virulence gene expression in Proteus mirabilis. J Med Microbiol. 2008;57:931-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, the lon : : mini-Tn5lacZ1 mutation was shown to result in increased expression of the hpmBA and zapA virulence genes during swarmer cell differentiation...
- Allen K, Yabsley M, Johnson E, Reichard M, Panciera R, Ewing S, et al. Novel Hepatozoon in vertebrates from the southern United States. J Parasitol. 2011;97:648-53 pubmed publisher..4% identical). These data are consistent with recent work identifying prey-predator transmission cycles in Hepatozoon spp. and suggest this pattern may be more common than previously recognized. ..
- Zhang M, Kim J. Effect of molecular size and modification pattern on the internalization of water soluble Î²-(1 â†’ 3)-(1 â†’ 4)-glucan by primary murine macrophages. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:914-27 pubmed..Since BG34 is water soluble, biocompatible and biodegradable FDA-approved material, this mechanism of BG34-10 can be used to design drug delivery system targeting macrophages. ..
- Strotman L, Lin G, Berry S, Johnson E, Beebe D. Facile and rapid DNA extraction and purification from food matrices using IFAST (immiscible filtration assisted by surface tension). Analyst. 2012;137:4023-8 pubmed publisher..5 ?L of sample and was accomplished in five-fold less time. The simplicity, rapidity and portability of IFAST offer significant advantages when compared to existing DNA sample preparation methods...
- Zhao Y, Rong H, Chegini N. Expression and selective cellular localization of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and GM-CSF alpha and beta receptor messenger ribonucleic acid and protein in human ovarian tissue. Biol Reprod. 1995;53:923-30 pubmed..Luteal cells from late luteal phase (Days 26-28), corpus albicans, and ectopic pregnancy expressed a low level of GM-CSF, GM-CSF alpha R, and GM-CSF beta R mRNA and protein.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Thomas N, Bunikis J, Barbour A, Wolcott M. Fatal spirochetosis due to a relapsing fever-like Borrelia sp. in a northern spotted owl. J Wildl Dis. 2002;38:187-93 pubmed..The most closely related species is B. hermsii, an agent of relapsing fever in humans in the western United States. This is the first report of a relapsing fever-related Borrelia in a wild bird. ..
- Wang F, Denison S, Lai J, Philips L, Montoya D, Kock N, et al. Parkin gene alterations in hepatocellular carcinoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2004;40:85-96 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that Parkin may be involved in tumor suppression and that the loss of Parkin contributes to the development of hepatocarcinoma. ..
- McWhinney S, Pilarski R, Forrester S, Schneider M, Sarquis M, Dias E, et al. Large germline deletions of mitochondrial complex II subunits SDHB and SDHD in hereditary paraganglioma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:5694-9 pubmed..Thus, including SDHB and SDHD deletion analysis could increase gene-testing sensitivity for PGL patients, which would aid in genetic counseling and management of patients and families. ..
- Mao X, Yang L, Su X, Li Y. A nanoparticle amplification based quartz crystal microbalance DNA sensor for detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7. Biosens Bioelectron. 2006;21:1178-85 pubmed..coli O157:H7 cells can be detected by the sensor. Linear correlation between frequency change and logarithmic number of bacterial cell concentration was found for E. coli O157:H7 from 2.67 x 10(2) to 2.67 x 10(6)CFU/ml. ..
- Shrestha N, Tuohy M, Padmanabhan R, Hall G, Procop G. Evaluation of the LightCycler Staphylococcus M GRADE kits on positive blood cultures that contained gram-positive cocci in clusters. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:6144-6 pubmed..Testing 100 bottles (36 containing S. aureus), the assay was 100% sensitive and 98.44% specific for S. aureus and 100% sensitive and specific for coagulase-negative staphylococci. ..
- Kataeva I, Chang J, Xu H, Luan C, Zhou J, Uversky V, et al. Improving solubility of Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 and Clostridium thermocellum JW-20 proteins expressed into Esherichia coli. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:1942-51 pubmed..A suggestion has been made that the Wilkinson-Harrison model is not applicable to C. thermocellum proteins because it did not account for the peculiarities of protein sequences from thermophiles. ..
- Childs Disney J, Disney M. A simple ligation-based method to increase the information density in sequencing reactions used to deconvolute nucleic acid selections. RNA. 2008;14:390-4 pubmed..This method allows for more efficient formulation of structure-activity relationships since multiple active sequences are identified from a single clone. ..
- Jones M, Whipps C, Ganac R, Hudson N, Boorom K, Boroom K. Association of Blastocystis subtype 3 and 1 with patients from an Oregon community presenting with chronic gastrointestinal illness. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:341-5 pubmed publisher..Most patients with subtype 3 had previously tested negative with conventional parasitological diagnostics, had been symptomatic for over 4 years, and reported antibiotic failure...
- Callison S, Riblet S, Rodríguez Avila A, Garcia M. Reverse restriction fragment length polymorphism (RRFLP): A novel technique for genotyping infectious laryngotracheitis virus (ILTV) live attenuated vaccines. J Virol Methods. 2009;160:119-24 pubmed publisher..These two informative polymorphic sites were used in a RRFLP assay to genotype rapidly and reproducibly ILTV attenuated live vaccines...
- Amachawadi R, Shelton N, Jacob M, Shi X, Narayanan S, Zurek L, et al. Occurrence of tcrB, a transferable copper resistance gene, in fecal enterococci of swine. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2010;7:1089-97 pubmed publisher..This study is the first report on the occurrence of the tcrB gene in enterococci isolated from swine in the United States...
- Unser A, Mooney B, Corr D, Tseng Y, Xie Y. 3D brown adipogenesis to create "Brown-Fat-in-Microstrands". Biomaterials. 2016;75:123-134 pubmed publisher..The ability to create "Brown-Fat-in-Microstrands" from pluripotent stem cells opens up a new arena to understanding brown adipogenesis and its implications in obesity and metabolic disorders. ..
- Scott P, Kessler M, Schuler L. Molecular cloning of the bovine prolactin receptor and distribution of prolactin and growth hormone receptor transcripts in fetal and utero-placental tissues. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1992;89:47-58 pubmed..This isolation of bovine prolactin receptor cDNA, and description of receptor distribution will facilitate study of the action of the placental and pituitary members of this gene family during pregnancy. ..
- Robinson G, Tsay Y, Kienzle B, Smith Monroy C, Bishop R. Conservation between human and fungal squalene synthetases: similarities in structure, function, and regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2706-17 pubmed..cerevisiae and S. pombe cells or in cultured human fibroblasts by treatment with the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitor lovastatin resulted in elevated levels of squalene synthetase mRNA in all three cell types. ..
- Zehr J, Mellon M, Zani S. New nitrogen-fixing microorganisms detected in oligotrophic oceans by amplification of Nitrogenase (nifH) genes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:3444-50 pubmed..The results indicate that there are in the oceanic environment several distinct potentially nitrogen-fixing microbial assemblages that include representatives of diverse phylotypes. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang P, West C. A linking function for the cellulose-binding protein SP85 in the spore coat of Dictyostelium discoideum. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 23):4367-77 pubmed
- Kim T, Maeda A, Maeda T, Heinlein C, Kedishvili N, Palczewski K, et al. Delayed dark adaptation in 11-cis-retinol dehydrogenase-deficient mice: a role of RDH11 in visual processes in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8694-704 pubmed
- Fujii H, Chiou T, Lin S, Aung K, Zhu J. A miRNA involved in phosphate-starvation response in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2005;15:2038-43 pubmed..The results suggest that miRNAs have functional roles for plants to cope with fluctuations in mineral-nutrient availability in the soil. ..
- Koo B, Hurskainen T, Mielke K, Aung P, Casey G, Autio Harmainen H, et al. ADAMTSL3/punctin-2, a gene frequently mutated in colorectal tumors, is widely expressed in normal and malignant epithelial cells, vascular endothelial cells and other cell types, and its mRNA is reduced in colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1710-6 pubmed
- Asakura Y, Barkan A. A CRM domain protein functions dually in group I and group II intron splicing in land plant chloroplasts. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3864-75 pubmed..With these findings, CRM domain proteins are implicated in the activities of three classes of catalytic RNA: group I introns, group II introns, and 23S rRNA. ..
- Burkett Cadena N, Graham S, Hassan H, Guyer C, Eubanks M, Katholi C, et al. Blood feeding patterns of potential arbovirus vectors of the genus culex targeting ectothermic hosts. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008;79:809-15 pubmed..territans. Blood meals taken from each host species varied temporally, with some hosts being targeted fairly evenly throughout the season and others being fed upon in seasonal peaks. ..
- Power D, Cordiner S, Kieser J, Tompkins G, Horswell J. PCR-based detection of salivary bacteria as a marker of expirated blood. Sci Justice. 2010;50:59-63 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PCR amplification of salivary microbial DNA may have application in the identification of expirated bloodstains in forensic case-work. ..
- Makishima H, Jankowska A, McDevitt M, O Keefe C, Dujardin S, Cazzolli H, et al. CBL, CBLB, TET2, ASXL1, and IDH1/2 mutations and additional chromosomal aberrations constitute molecular events in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood. 2011;117:e198-206 pubmed publisher..2 and 21q22.12 involved tumor associated genes NF1 and RUNX1, respectively. Our results indicate that CBL family, TET2, ASXL1, and IDH family mutations and additional cryptic karyotypic abnormalities can occur in advanced phase CML. ..
- Shibuya H, Collins B, Stoy S, Nonneman D, Johnson G. PCR/RFLP markers in the canine gamma-D-crystallin gene. Anim Genet. 1995;26:445-6 pubmed
- Frugoli J, Zhong H, Nuccio M, McCourt P, McPeek M, Thomas T, et al. Catalase is encoded by a multigene family in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. Plant Physiol. 1996;112:327-36 pubmed..Similarly, mRNA abundance of the three genes varies among organs. All three mRNAs are highly expressed in bolts, and CAT2 and CAT3 are highly expressed in leaves. ..
- Coustau C, Rocheleau T, Carton Y, Nappi A, ffrench Constant R. Induction of a putative serine protease transcript in immune challenged Drosophila. Dev Comp Immunol. 1996;20:265-72 pubmed..The overexpression of one of the serine proteases-related mRNAs in immune challenged larvae suggests its involvement in the Drosophila immune response. ..
- Pharr P, Hofbauer A. Loss of flk-2/flt3 expression during commitment of multipotent mouse hematopoietic progenitor cells to the mast cell lineage. Exp Hematol. 1997;25:620-8 pubmed..In contrast, the ligand for flk-2/flt3 is inactive on mast cells. Thus, receptor gene expression appears to be an important determinant of the response or lack of response of mast cells to the ligands for these two homologous receptors. ..
- Liu J, Carroll J, Matteri R, Lucy M. Expression of two variants of growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in porcine liver. J Anim Sci. 2000;78:306-17 pubmed..The GHR 1B mRNA was the major GHR mRNA in pig liver before 77 d of age. The GHR 1A mRNA increased after 42 d of age and tended to undergo specific down-regulation in response to rpST in pregnant gilts. ..
- Hale C, Rhee A, de Boer P. ZipA-induced bundling of FtsZ polymers mediated by an interaction between C-terminal domains. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5153-66 pubmed..Thus, in addition to the C-terminal FZB domain, the N-terminal domain of ZipA is required for ZipA function. Furthermore, the essential properties of the N domain may be more specific than merely acting as a membrane anchor. ..
- Krause P, McKay K, Thompson C, Sikand V, Lentz R, Lepore T, et al. Disease-specific diagnosis of coinfecting tickborne zoonoses: babesiosis, human granulocytic ehrlichiosis, and Lyme disease. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;34:1184-91 pubmed..Physicians should consider use of tests designed to diagnose babesiosis and HGE in patients with Lyme disease who experience a prolonged flulike illness that fails to respond to appropriate antiborrelial therapy. ..
- Kato N, Dasgupta R, Smartt C, Christensen B. Glucosamine:fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase: gene characterization, chitin biosynthesis and peritrophic matrix formation in Aedes aegypti. Insect Mol Biol. 2002;11:207-16 pubmed..aegypti. Results suggest that Ae. aegypti GFAT-1 may have a regulatory role in chitin biosynthesis and peritrophic matrix formation, and probably is under the regulation of ecdysteroids...
- Ransick A, Rast J, Minokawa T, Calestani C, Davidson E. New early zygotic regulators expressed in endomesoderm of sea urchin embryos discovered by differential array hybridization. Dev Biol. 2002;246:132-47 pubmed
- Fritz D, Liu D, Xu J, Jiang S, Rogers M. Conservation of Bmp2 post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48950-8 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest that the Bmp2 3'UTR contains essential regulatory elements that act post-transcriptionally. ..
- Lee W, Grindle K, Pappas T, Marshall D, Moser M, Beaty E, et al. High-throughput, sensitive, and accurate multiplex PCR-microsphere flow cytometry system for large-scale comprehensive detection of respiratory viruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2626-34 pubmed..8%) compared to only 24 (23.3%) by traditional culture and immunofluorescent-staining techniques. These results show that RMA is an accurate, sensitive, and practical test for respiratory-virus infections. ..
- Satola S, Collins J, Napier R, Farley M. Capsule gene analysis of invasive Haemophilus influenzae: accuracy of serotyping and prevalence of IS1016 among nontypeable isolates. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:3230-8 pubmed..IS1016 was present in 9.5% of NTHi isolates, suggesting that this subset may be more closely related to encapsulated organisms. A better understanding of NTHi may contribute to vaccine development. ..
- Garcia Effron G, Dilger A, Alcazar Fuoli L, Park S, Mellado E, Perlin D. Rapid detection of triazole antifungal resistance in Aspergillus fumigatus. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1200-6 pubmed publisher..fumigatus. When combined in a multiplex platform, the assay provides a comprehensive evaluation of drug resistance in A. fumigatus. ..
- Mello A, Wayadande A, Yokomi R, Fletcher J. Transmission of different isolates of Spiroplasma citri to carrot and citrus by Circulifer tenellus (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae). J Econ Entomol. 2009;102:1417-22 pubmed..Our findings confirm that carrot is a host of S. citri. Although carrot is not a preferred host of C. tenellus, it is likely that inoculative leafhoppers feed on carrot during seasonal migration...
- Gross Steinmeyer K, Stapleton P, Tracy J, Bammler T, Strom S, Buhler D, et al. Modulation of aflatoxin B1-mediated genotoxicity in primary cultures of human hepatocytes by diindolylmethane, curcumin, and xanthohumols. Toxicol Sci. 2009;112:303-10 pubmed publisher..The increase in DNA damage by DIM raises potential safety risks for dietary supplements of DIM and its precursor indole-3-carbinol. ..
- Hallett S, Bartholomew J. Development and application of a duplex QPCR for river water samples to monitor the myxozoan parasite Parvicapsula minibicornis. Dis Aquat Organ. 2009;86:39-50 pubmed publisher..Inhibition levels also varied. The assay is able to detect 1 actinospore (the life cycle stage infective to fish) in 1 l of water and offers an alternative to sampling fish to monitor this pathogen and develop management options...
- Escamilla Powers J, Daniel C, Farrell A, Taylor K, Zhang X, Byers S, et al. The tumor suppressor protein HBP1 is a novel c-myc-binding protein that negatively regulates c-myc transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4847-58 pubmed publisher..This work adds to our understanding of c-Myc regulation and mechanisms of tumor suppression by HBP1. ..
- Blank W, Reis E, Thiong o F, Braghiroli J, Santos J, Melo P, et al. Analysis of Schistosoma mansoni population structure using total fecal egg sampling. J Parasitol. 2009;95:881-9 pubmed publisher..Direct analysis of total stool eggs can be an important approach to questions of population genetics for this parasite by increasing the sample size to thousands per infected individual and by reducing bias. ..
- Wang C, Yepes L, Danaher R, Berger J, Mootoor Y, Kryscio R, et al. Low prevalence of varicella zoster virus and herpes simplex virus type 2 in saliva from human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;109:232-7 pubmed publisher..Varicella zoster virus was detected at low prevalence in the saliva of HIV-infected persons, whereas HSV-2 was not detected in the saliva of this cohort. HAART does not appear to diminish the risk for asymptomatic VZV shedding. ..
- Kaplan F, Alborn H, von Reuss S, Ajredini R, Ali J, Akyazi F, et al. Interspecific nematode signals regulate dispersal behavior. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38735 pubmed publisher..Ascaroside blends represent evolutionarily conserved, fundamentally important communication systems for nematodes from diverse habitats, and thus may provide sustainable means for control of parasitic nematodes. ..
- Bhandari R, Haque M, Skinner M. Global genome analysis of the downstream binding targets of testis determining factor SRY and SOX9. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43380 pubmed publisher..The specific DNA sequence binding site motifs for both SRY and SOX9 were identified. Observations provide insights into the molecular control of male gonadal sex determination. ..
- Metzgar D, Frinder M, Lovari R, Toleno D, Massire C, Blyn L, et al. Broad-spectrum biosensor capable of detecting and identifying diverse bacterial and Candida species in blood. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:2670-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the ability of broad-spectrum PCR/ESI-MS assays to detect and identify diverse organisms in complex natural matrices that contain high levels of background DNA. ..