Experts and Doctors on pollen in Italy
- Falasca G, Franceschetti M, Bagni N, Altamura M, Biasi R. Polyamine biosynthesis and control of the development of functional pollen in kiwifruit. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:565-73 pubmed publisher..Gene expression preceded PA enzyme activity. The application of PA inhibitors in planta drastically reduced pollen germination. Thus, low free Spd can lead either to degeneration or loss of functionality of kiwifruit pollen grains. ..
- Marcucci F, Sensi L, Migali E, Coniglio G. Eosinophil cationic protein and specific IgE in serum and nasal mucosa of patients with grass-pollen-allergic rhinitis and asthma. Allergy. 2001;56:231-6 pubmed..Both specific IgE and ECP in the nasal mucosa showed a better correlation with allergen exposure than serum evaluations. With an appropriate method, allergic inflammation may be best monitored in the nasal mucosa. ..
- Asero R, Jimeno L, Barber D. Component-resolved diagnosis of plant food allergy by SPT. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;40:115-21 pubmed..In the future, the availability of a larger number of purified natural or recombinant allergens for SPT will represent a simple means to classify food-allergic patients properly on the first visit. ..
- Pellegrino G, Bellusci F, Musacchio A. Strong post-pollination pre-zygotic isolation between sympatric, food-deceptive Mediterranean orchids. Sex Plant Reprod. 2010;23:281-9 pubmed publisher..Such condition has been rarely described and may mask the potential action of post-zygotic mechanisms. ..
- Pastorello E, Pravettoni V, Farioli L, Rivolta F, Conti A, Ispano M, et al. Hypersensitivity to mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) in patients with peach allergy is due to a common lipid transfer protein allergen and is often without clinical expression. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;110:310-7 pubmed..The results were similar with other pollens. Patients sensitized only to the 9-kd LTP of mugwort do not present hay fever symptoms, and this sensitization is a consequence of the peach sensitization. ..
- Mutinelli F. The spread of pathogens through trade in honey bees and their products (including queen bees and semen): overview and recent developments. Rev Sci Tech. 2011;30:257-71 pubmed
- Leonardi A, Busca F, Tavolato M, Secchi A. The anti-allergic effects of a cromolyn sodium-chlorpheniramine combination compared to ketotifen in the conjunctival allergen challenge model. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:128-33 pubmed..05% on the clinical allergic reaction induced by the conjunctival allergen challenge (CAC)...
- Negrini A, Negrini S, Giunta V, Quaglini S, Ciprandi G. Thirty-year survey on airborne pollen concentrations in Genoa, Italy: relationship with sensitizations, meteorological data, and air pollution. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011;25:e232-41 pubmed publisher..This study investigated possible relationships among pollen count, meteorological changes, air pollution, and sensitizations in this city during a 30-year period...
- Mazzarella G, Esposito V, Bianco A, Ferraraccio F, Prati M, Lucariello A, et al. Inflammatory effects on human lung epithelial cells after exposure to diesel exhaust micron sub particles (PM?.?) and pollen allergens. Environ Pollut. 2012;161:64-9 pubmed publisher..0) + ALL together, but is higher expressed when the cells are treated only with the allergen. Our data support the hypothesis that the urban environment damage the acinar lung units and activates cells of the immune system. ..
- Ciprandi G, De Amici M, Murdaca G, Fenoglio D, Ricciardolo F, Marseglia G, et al. Serum interleukin-17 levels are related to clinical severity in allergic rhinitis. Allergy. 2009;64:1375-8 pubmed publisher..0001 for all). This study provides evidence that serum IL-17 level assessment might be considered to classify allergy severity. ..
- Esposito V, Lucariello A, Savarese L, Cinelli M, Ferraraccio F, Bianco A, et al. Morphology changes in human lung epithelial cells after exposure to diesel exhaust micron sub particles (PM?.?) and pollen allergens. Environ Pollut. 2012;171:162-7 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate morphological and functional alterations related to the PM(1.0) and P. officinalis and confirm the induction of the inflammatory response in lung cells exposed to the inhalable particles. ..
- Fisogni A, Rossi M, Sgolastra F, Bortolotti L, Bogo G, de Manincor N, et al. Seasonal and annual variations in the pollination efficiency of a pollinator community of Dictamnus albus L. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2016;18:445-54 pubmed publisher..We discuss this result in relation to flowering abundance and to possible mismatches of phenological periods between plants and insects. ..
- Ariano R, Spadolini I, Panzani R. Efficacy of sublingual specific immunotherapy in Cupressaceae allergy using an extract of Cupressus arizonica. A double blind study. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2001;29:238-44 pubmed..We carried out a study to evaluate the clinical efficacy and effects sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in patient with Cupressaceae pollen respiratory allergy...
- Rollo F, Ubaldi M, Ermini L, Marota I. Otzi's last meals: DNA analysis of the intestinal content of the Neolithic glacier mummy from the Alps. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12594-9 pubmed
- Mistrello G, Roncarolo D, Zanoni D, Zanotta S, Amato S, Falagiani P, et al. Allergenic relevance of Cupressus arizonica pollen extract and biological characterization of the allergoid. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2002;129:296-304 pubmed..The need for a reliable and effective cypress extract for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes is increasingly felt...
- Russano A, Agea E, Corazzi L, Postle A, De Libero G, Porcelli S, et al. Recognition of pollen-derived phosphatidyl-ethanolamine by human CD1d-restricted gamma delta T cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117:1178-84 pubmed..By knowing how lipid allergen constituents interact with mucosal immune system, we can expand our possibilities in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Lago C, Clerici E, Dreni L, Horlow C, Caporali E, Colombo L, et al. The Arabidopsis TFIID factor AtTAF6 controls pollen tube growth. Dev Biol. 2005;285:91-100 pubmed
- Pastorello E, Farioli L, Pravettoni V, Robino A, Scibilia J, Fortunato D, et al. Lipid transfer protein and vicilin are important walnut allergens in patients not allergic to pollen. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:908-14 pubmed..The sensitization to this protein seems to be secondary to the sensitization to peach LTP, which acts as the primary sensitizer. LTP and vicilins were able to sensitize patients not allergic to pollen. ..
- Marcucci F, Sensi L, Incorvaia C, Di Cara G, Moingeon P, Frati F. Oral reactions to sublingual immunotherapy: a bioptic study. Allergy. 2007;62:1475-7 pubmed
- Zanforlin M, Incorvaia C. A case of pollinosis to Broussonetia papyrifera. Allergy. 2004;59:1136-7 pubmed
- Cavagni G, Caffarelli C, Spattini A, Riva G. IgE-mediated allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis caused by Calocedrus decurrens (incense cedar). Allergy. 2003;58:1201-2 pubmed
- Landoni M, De Francesco A, Galbiati M, Tonelli C. A loss-of-function mutation in Calmodulin2 gene affects pollen germination in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;74:235-47 pubmed publisher..These results provide genetic evidence of the involvement of a CAM gene in pollen germination and support the theory of functional diversification of the CAM gene family. ..
- Marchisio P, Varricchio A, Baggi E, Bianchini S, Capasso M, Torretta S, et al. Hypertonic saline is more effective than normal saline in seasonal allergic rhinitis in children. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:721-30 pubmed..Our data suggest that nasal irrigation with hypertonic saline might be included in the wide spectrum of therapies recommended for grass-pollen AR. ..
- Ballero M, Ariu A, Falagiani P. Allergy to Ailanthus altissima (tree of heaven) pollen. Allergy. 2003;58:532-3 pubmed
- Galla G, Zenoni S, Marconi G, Marino G, Botton A, Pinosa F, et al. Sporophytic and gametophytic functions of the cell cycle-associated Mob1 gene in Arabidopsis thaliana L. Gene. 2011;484:1-12 pubmed publisher..Together, the results show that Arabidopsis MOB1-like is required to regulate cell expansion and cell division, presumably by affecting the mitotic as well as the meiotic cell cycle. ..
- Incorvaia C, Frati F, Puccinelli P, Riario Sforza G, Dal Bo S. Dose dependence of efficacy and safety of subcutaneous immunotherapy. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2006;65:41-3 pubmed..The dose dependency with respect to both efficacy and safety makes essential to accurately consider the risk/benefit ratio in each patient eligible for SCIT. ..
- Ariano R, Incorvaia C, La Grutta S, Marcucci F, Pajno G, Sensi L, et al. Safety of sublingual immunotherapy started during the pollen season. Curr Med Res Opin. 2009;25:103-7 pubmed..This study suggests that SLIT with pollen extracts may be safely started at the beginning and also during the pollen season, with a tolerability profile comparable to the conventional pre-seasonal SLIT. ..
- Ariano R, Mistrello G, Panzani R. Occupational respiratory allergy to cyclamen pollen: a case report. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;38:90-3 pubmed..The nasal challenge prove to be very useful to confirm allergic sensitizations an we emphasize the necessity of preventive measures of protection for those florists who cultivate cyclamen plants...
- Torre F, Limonta A, Molinari A, Masala E, Vercelloni S, Torre E. Cannabaceae pollen in the atmosphere of Brianza, Northen Italy. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;39:9-11 pubmed..So we tried to determine the pollination pattern of pollens usually not tested, because no company produces the corrisponding extract...