Experts and Doctors on plasma in Italy
- Cavalli R, Bisazza A, Giustetto P, Civra A, Lembo D, Trotta G, et al. Preparation and characterization of dextran nanobubbles for oxygen delivery. Int J Pharm. 2009;381:160-5 pubmed publisher..The oxygen release kinetics could be enhanced after nanobubble insonation with ultrasound at 2.5MHz. The oxygen-filled nanobubble formulations might be proposed for therapeutic applications in various diseases. ..
- Mariani G, Dolce A, Marchetti G, Bernardi F. Clinical picture and management of congenital factor VII deficiency. Haemophilia. 2004;10 Suppl 4:180-3 pubmed..We propose a three-grade system of classification based on clinical considerations. Therapy for congenital FVIII bleeding is discussed, with the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment, and the suggested single dose given. ..
- Nannetti G, Pagni S, Parisi S, Alberti A, Loregian A, PalÃ¹ G. Development of a simple HPLC-UV method for the determination of the hepatitis C virus inhibitor simeprevir in human plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;121:197-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, this method provides a simple, sensitive, precise and reproducible assay for dosing simeprevir that can be readily adaptable to routine use by clinical laboratories with standard equipment. ..
- Gattinoni L, Carlesso E, Maiocchi G, Polli F, Cadringher P. Dilutional acidosis: where do the protons come from?. Intensive Care Med. 2009;35:2033-43 pubmed publisher..Both Stewart's approach and the traditional approach may account for these results. ..
- Carlesso E, Maiocchi G, Tallarini F, Polli F, Valenza F, Cadringher P, et al. The rule regulating pH changes during crystalloid infusion. Intensive Care Med. 2011;37:461-8 pubmed publisher..If a crystalloid [SID] equals baseline [HCO??], pH remains unchanged at constant PCO?, whereas it increases or decreases if the [SID] is greater or lower, respectively. ..
- Ranieri G, Coviello M, Patruno R, Valerio P, Martino D, Milella P, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor concentrations in the plasma-activated platelets rich (P-APR) of healthy controls and colorectal cancer patients. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:817-20 pubmed..We suggest that P-APRCTAD fraction, obtained according to well standardised conditions, could represent the suitable blood compartment for the assessment of VEGF as marker of malignant intestinal transformation. ..
- Morsica G, Andolina A, Merli M, Messina E, Hasson H, Lazzarin A, et al. NS3 protease resistance-associated substitutions in liver tissue and plasma samples from patients infected by hepatitis C virus genotype 1A or 1B. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2271-2277 pubmed publisher..The presence of RASs at intra-hepatic level is not uncommon and may lead to the early emergence of cross-resistant strains. ..
- Goldwurm S, Casati C, Venturi N, Strada S, Santambrogio P, Indraccolo S, et al. Biochemical and genetic defects underlying human congenital hypotransferrinemia. Hematol J. 2000;1:390-8 pubmed..The other allele produces a modified Tf with different biochemical characteristics compared to the normal one. ..
- Invernizzi P, Biondi M, Battezzati P, Perego F, Selmi C, Cecchini F, et al. Presence of fetal DNA in maternal plasma decades after pregnancy. Hum Genet. 2002;110:587-91 pubmed..This finding has practical implications for non-invasive prenatal diagnoses based on maternal blood, and may be considered for possible pathophysiological correlations. ..
- Cattaneo D, Orlando G, Cozzi V, Cordier L, Baldelli S, Merli S, et al. Linezolid plasma concentrations and occurrence of drug-related haematological toxicity in patients with gram-positive infections. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2013;41:586-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, application of therapeutic drug monitoring may improve the safety outcome of patients receiving LNZ therapy. ..
- Lanteri P, Lombardi G, Colombini A, Grasso D, Banfi G. Stability of osteopontin in plasma and serum. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2012;50:1979-84 pubmed..We evaluated the effects of different times and temperatures storage conditions on serum and plasma concentrations of osteopontin...
- Taschieri S, Del Fabbro M. Postextraction osteotome sinus floor elevation technique using plasma-rich growth factors. Implant Dent. 2011;20:418-24 pubmed publisher..To evaluate a modified osteotome sinus floor elevation technique with immediate postextraction implant placement and the adjunct of a platelet-derived fibrin plug for the rehabilitation of maxillary premolar sites...
- D Ettorre G, Paiardini M, Zaffiri L, Andreotti M, Ceccarelli G, Rizza C, et al. HIV persistence in the gut mucosa of HIV-infected subjects undergoing antiretroviral therapy correlates with immune activation and increased levels of LPS. Curr HIV Res. 2011;9:148-53 pubmed..We concluded that in ART-treated individuals, higher levels of gut-associated HIV-DNA are associated with persistent immune activation and microbial translocation. ..
- Sedda V, De Chiara B, Parolini M, Caruso R, Campolo J, Cighetti G, et al. Plasma glutathione levels are independently associated with gamma-glutamyltransferase activity in subjects with cardiovascular risk factors. Free Radic Res. 2008;42:135-41 pubmed publisher..001) were independently associated with GGT activity. These findings suggest that an ongoing redox imbalance, in terms of decreased plasma glutathione, is associated with raised GGT activity in subjects with a greater risk factor burden. ..
- Bon I, Alessandrini F, Borderi M, Gorini R, Re M. Analysis of HIV-1 drug-resistant variants in plasma and peripheral blood mononuclear cells from untreated individuals: implications for clinical management. New Microbiol. 2007;30:313-7 pubmed..Although our data are limited to a small cohort, they show a different resistance profile between plasma and PBMC compartments and may yield additional information for first-line antiretroviral regimens. ..
- Tedeschi R, Marus A, Bidoli E, Simonelli C, De Paoli P. Human herpesvirus 8 DNA quantification in matched plasma and PBMCs samples of patients with HHV8-related lymphoproliferative diseases. J Clin Virol. 2008;43:255-9 pubmed publisher..The quantitative evaluation of human herpesvirus 8 (HHV8) DNA is not well described in the clinical management of HHV8-related lymphoproliferative diseases...
- Blus C, Szmukler Moncler S, Salama M, Salama H, Garber D. Sinus bone grafting procedures using ultrasonic bone surgery: 5-year experience. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2008;28:221-9 pubmed..6%. No implant failed after loading. Performing the sinus grafting procedure with ultrasonic bone surgery limited the occurrence of membrane perforation; by changing the tips, all surgical steps were performed safely and comfortably. ..
- Lualdi M, Colombo A, Leo E, Morelli D, Vannelli A, Battaglia L, et al. Natural fluorescence spectroscopy of human blood plasma in the diagnosis of colorectal cancer: feasibility study and preliminary results. Tumori. 2007;93:567-71 pubmed..In this study, the fluorescence characteristics of human blood plasma have been studied in the visible spectral range in an attempt to discriminate patients with colorectal cancer from subjects of a control population...