Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant gene expression regulation in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: plant gene expression regulation
- Lee S, Kang J, Park H, Kim M, Bae M, Choi H, et al. DREB2C interacts with ABF2, a bZIP protein regulating abscisic acid-responsive gene expression, and its overexpression affects abscisic acid sensitivity. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:716-27 pubmed publisher..Our result implies that the cooperation of the two classes of transcription factors may involve physical interaction. ..
- Jeon J, Kim N, Kim S, Kang N, Novak O, Ku S, et al. A subset of cytokinin two-component signaling system plays a role in cold temperature stress response in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23371-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AHK2 and AHK3 and the cold-inducible A-type ARRs play a negative regulatory role in cold stress signaling via inhibition of ABA response, occurring independently of the cold acclimation pathway. ..
- Lee H, Kim N, Lee D, Kim J. LBD18/ASL20 regulates lateral root formation in combination with LBD16/ASL18 downstream of ARF7 and ARF19 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1377-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that LBD18 functions in the initiation and emergence of lateral roots, in conjunction with LBD16, downstream of ARF7 and ARF19. ..
- Lee S, Lee E, Yang E, Lee J, Park A, Song W, et al. Proteomic identification of annexins, calcium-dependent membrane binding proteins that mediate osmotic stress and abscisic acid signal transduction in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1378-91 pubmed..The results collectively suggest that AnnAt1 and AnnAt4 play important roles in osmotic stress and ABA signaling in a Ca2+-dependent manner. ..
- Oh S, Lee S, Chung I, Lee C, Nam H. A senescence-associated gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is distinctively regulated during natural and artificially induced leaf senescence. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;30:739-54 pubmed..The induced expression of the gene by dark treatment was not significantly repressed by treatment with 0.1 mM cytokinin or 50 mM CaCl2 which delayed loss of chlorophyll but not that of photochemical efficiency. ..
- Jang J, Rhee J, Kim D, Chung G, Lee J, Kang H. Ectopic expression of a foreign aquaporin disrupts the natural expression patterns of endogenous aquaporin genes and alters plant responses to different stress conditions. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1331-9 pubmed publisher..This implies that the up- and/or down-regulation of aquaporins and their integrated functions are crucial to the maintenance of proper water balance under stress conditions...
- Park J, Kim J, Cho K, Cheon C, Sung M, Choung M, et al. Arabidopsis R2R3-MYB transcription factor AtMYB60 functions as a transcriptional repressor of anthocyanin biosynthesis in lettuce (Lactuca sativa). Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:985-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the characterization of AtMYB60 has implications for the development of new varieties of lettuce and other commercially important plants with metabolic engineering approaches. ..
- Kwak K, Kim Y, Kang H. Characterization of transgenic Arabidopsis plants overexpressing GR-RBP4 under high salinity, dehydration, or cold stress. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:3007-16 pubmed..These results indicate that GR-RBP4 contributes differently to altered germination and seedling growth of Arabidopsis plants under various stress conditions. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Jang B, Jung C, Ahn S, Goh C, et al. Functional characterization of a glycine-rich RNA-binding protein 2 in Arabidopsis thaliana under abiotic stress conditions. Plant J. 2007;50:439-51 pubmed
- Lee S, Jung S, Go Y, Kim H, Kim J, Cho H, et al. Two Arabidopsis 3-ketoacyl CoA synthase genes, KCS20 and KCS2/DAISY, are functionally redundant in cuticular wax and root suberin biosynthesis, but differentially controlled by osmotic stress. Plant J. 2009;60:462-75 pubmed publisher..However, their expression is differentially controlled under osmotic stress conditions. ..
- Ju H, Koh E, Kim S, Kim K, Lee H, Hong S. Glucosamine causes overproduction of reactive oxygen species, leading to repression of hypocotyl elongation through a hexokinase-mediated mechanism in Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:203-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence that GlcN induces HXK-mediated induction of oxidative stress, leading to growth repression in Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Park M, Chung M, Koh H, Lee D, Ahn S, Kim C. Isolation and functional characterization of the Arabidopsis salt-tolerance 32 (AtSAT32) gene associated with salt tolerance and ABA signaling. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:426-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicate that AtSAT32 is involved in both salinity tolerance and ABA signaling as a positive regulator in Arabidopsis. ..
- Ko C, Woo Y, Lee D, Lee M, Kim C. Enhanced tolerance to heat stress in transgenic plants expressing the GASA4 gene. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2007;45:722-8 pubmed..Interestingly, endoplasmic reticulum chaperone expression analysis suggests that GASA4 influences BiP gene expression during heat stress. ..
- Hwang I, Kim S, Kim C, Park Y, Tripathi G, Kim S, et al. Over-expression of the IGI1 leading to altered shoot-branching development related to MAX pathway in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:629-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the overexpression of the IGI1 influenced MAX pathway in the shoot branching regulation. ..
- Young Jang J, Jin Kwak K, Kang H. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a high mobility group protein in Cucumis sativus and its expression by abiotic stress treatments. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:205-8 pubmed..The present report identifies a novel gene encoding HMGB protein in cucumber that shows a significant response to abiotic stress treatments. ..
- Kim Y, Kang H. The role of a zinc finger-containing glycine-rich RNA-binding protein during the cold adaptation process in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:793-8 pubmed..atRZ-1a successfully complements the cold sensitivity of Escherichia coli lacking four cold shock proteins. These results strongly suggest that atRZ-1a plays a role as an RNA chaperone during the cold adaptation process. ..
- Choi H, Park H, Park J, Kim S, Im M, Seo H, et al. Arabidopsis calcium-dependent protein kinase AtCPK32 interacts with ABF4, a transcriptional regulator of abscisic acid-responsive gene expression, and modulates its activity. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1750-61 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that AtCPK32 is an ABA signaling component that regulates the ABA-responsive gene expression via ABF4. ..
- Choi H, Hong J, Ha J, Kang J, Kim S. ABFs, a family of ABA-responsive element binding factors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1723-30 pubmed..Thus, a new family of ABRE binding factors indeed exists that have the potential to activate a large number of ABA/stress-responsive genes in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lee H, Bahn S, Kang Y, Lee K, Kim H, Noh E, et al. Secretory low molecular weight phospholipase A2 plays important roles in cell elongation and shoot gravitropism in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1990-2002 pubmed..These results suggest that AtsPLA(2)beta regulates the process of cell elongation and plays important roles in shoot gravitropism by mediating auxin-induced cell elongation. ..
- Lee D, Kim S, Ha Y, Kim J. Phosphorylation of Arabidopsis response regulator 7 (ARR7) at the putative phospho-accepting site is required for ARR7 to act as a negative regulator of cytokinin signaling. Planta. 2008;227:577-87 pubmed..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of ARR7 is necessary for ARR7-mediated cytokinin response. ..
- Lee D, Park J, Lee H, Kim J. Genome-wide analysis of the auxin-responsive transcriptome downstream of iaa1 and its expression analysis reveal the diversity and complexity of auxin-regulated gene expression. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3935-57 pubmed publisher..These data also provide the opportunity for functional analysis of genes mediating the auxin-response downstream of Aux/IAA-ARFs. ..
- Hong S, Jon J, Kwak J, Nam H. Identification of a receptor-like protein kinase gene rapidly induced by abscisic acid, dehydration, high salt, and cold treatments in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1997;113:1203-12 pubmed..A possible role of this gene in the signal transduction pathway of ABA and the environmental stresses is discussed. ..
- Cho H, Yoon G, Lee S, Kim Y, Hwang I, Choi D, et al. A novel dual-specificity protein kinase targeted to the chloroplast in tobacco. FEBS Lett. 2001;497:124-30 pubmed..The mRNA was rapidly light responsive during seedling growth. NtDSK1 may play a role in a light-regulated signaling process in tobacco. ..
- Seo P, Kim M, Song J, Kim Y, Kim H, Park C. Proteolytic processing of an Arabidopsis membrane-bound NAC transcription factor is triggered by cold-induced changes in membrane fluidity. Biochem J. 2010;427:359-67 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a metalloprotease inhibitor blocked the NTL6 processing. These observations indicate that a metalloprotease activity is responsible for NTL6 processing in response to cold-induced changes in membrane fluidity. ..
- Yang K, Kim Y, Lee S, Song P, Soh M. Overexpression of a mutant basic helix-loop-helix protein HFR1, HFR1-deltaN105, activates a branch pathway of light signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1630-42 pubmed
- Lim G, Zhang X, Chung M, Lee D, Woo Y, Cheong H, et al. A putative novel transcription factor, AtSKIP, is involved in abscisic acid signalling and confers salt and osmotic tolerance in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2010;185:103-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AtSKIP functions as both a positive regulator and putative potential transcription factor in the abiotic stress signalling pathway. ..
- Jang S, Ishihara A, Back K. Production of coumaroylserotonin and feruloylserotonin in transgenic rice expressing pepper hydroxycinnamoyl-coenzyme A:serotonin N-(hydroxycinnamoyl)transferase. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:346-56 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of SHT activity and the first demonstration, to our knowledge, that serotonin derivatives can be overproduced in vivo in transgenic rice plants that express serotonin N-(hydroxycinnamoyl)transferase...
- Kim S, Choi H, Ryu H, Park J, Kim M, Kim S. ARIA, an Arabidopsis arm repeat protein interacting with a transcriptional regulator of abscisic acid-responsive gene expression, is a novel abscisic acid signaling component. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3639-48 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that ARIA is a positive regulator of ABA response. ..
- Lee J, Hong J, Oh S, Lee S, Choi D, Kim W. The ethylene-responsive factor like protein 1 (CaERFLP1) of hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) interacts in vitro with both GCC and DRE/CRT sequences with different binding affinities: possible biological roles of CaERFLP1 in response to pathogen infect. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:61-81 pubmed publisher..Here, the possible biological role(s) of CaERFLP1 is discussed, especially with regard to the possibility that CaERFLP1 has multiple functions in the regulation of GCC- and DRE/CRT-mediated gene expression in hot pepper plants...
- Cho S, Shin S, Kim K, Kim Y, Eun M, Cho B. Enhanced expression of a gene encoding a nucleoside diphosphate kinase 1 (OsNDPK1) in rice plants upon infection with bacterial pathogens. Mol Cells. 2004;18:390-5 pubmed..OsNDPK1 gene expression was also strongly induced in response to exposure to salicylic acid, jasmonic acid, and abscisic acid, although the level of transcripts and their pattern of expression depended on the inducer...
- Kim Y, Kim J, Kang H. Cold-inducible zinc finger-containing glycine-rich RNA-binding protein contributes to the enhancement of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;42:890-900 pubmed..These results provide evidence that atRZ-1a affects seed germination and seedling growth under low temperature and plays a role in the enhancement of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis plants. ..
- Pulla R, Kim Y, Kim M, Senthil K, In J, Yang D. Isolation of a novel dehydrin gene from Codonopsis lanceolata and analysis of its response to abiotic stresses. BMB Rep. 2008;41:338-43 pubmed..This study revealed that ClDhn assisted C. lanceolata in becoming resistant to dehydration...