Experts and Doctors on pirenzepine in United States
Locale: United States
- Zanarini M, Frankenburg F. Olanzapine treatment of female borderline personality disorder patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2001;62:849-54 pubmed..e., affect, cognition, impulsivity, and interpersonal relationships). ..
- Tarazi F, Zhang K, Baldessarini R. Long-term effects of olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine on dopamine receptor types in regions of rat brain: implications for antipsychotic drug treatment. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;297:711-7 pubmed..Inability of quetiapine to alter DA receptors suggests that nondopaminergic mechanisms contribute to its antipsychotic effects. ..
- Tarazi F, Baldessarini R, Kula N, Zhang K. Long-term effects of olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine on ionotropic glutamate receptor types: implications for antipsychotic drug treatment. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;306:1145-51 pubmed..Inability of olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine to alter KA receptors suggests their minimal role in mediating the central nervous system actions of these drugs. ..
- Hall K, Taylor W, Ware M. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome due to olanzapine. Psychopharmacol Bull. 2001;35:49-54 pubmed
- Rascati K, Johnsrud M, Crismon M, Lage M, Barber B. Olanzapine versus risperidone in the treatment of schizophrenia : a comparison of costs among Texas Medicaid recipients. Pharmacoeconomics. 2003;21:683-97 pubmed
- Caro J, Ward A, Levinton C, Robinson K. The risk of diabetes during olanzapine use compared with risperidone use: a retrospective database analysis. J Clin Psychiatry. 2002;63:1135-9 pubmed..0001), after adjusting for age, gender, and haloperidol use. Compared with risperidone, olanzapine was associated with an increased risk of developing diabetes. More studies are required to further investigate this association. ..
- Godleski L, Goldsmith L, Vieweg W, Zettwoch N, Stikovac D, Lewis S. Switching from depot antipsychotic drugs to olanzapine in patients with chronic schizophrenia. J Clin Psychiatry. 2003;64:119-22 pubmed..Switching may be completed within a 4-week period with relative compliance being maintained and patients preferring oral olanzapine to their previous depot medications. ..
- Srivastava M, Brito Dellan N, Davis M, Leach M, Lagman R. Olanzapine as an antiemetic in refractory nausea and vomiting in advanced cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2003;25:578-82 pubmed..The atypical antipsychotic, olanzapine, relieves nausea in some patients failing to respond to the usual antiemetics. Two case reports are presented and the rationale for olanzapine's benefit is discussed. ..
- Khan A, Khan S, Leventhal R, Brown W. Symptom reduction and suicide risk among patients treated with placebo in antipsychotic clinical trials: an analysis of the food and drug administration database. Am J Psychiatry. 2001;158:1449-54 pubmed..6% with new antipsychotics (N=1,203), 17.3% with established antipsychotics (N=261), and 1.1% with placebo (N=462). These data may help inform discussions about the use of placebo in antipsychotic clinical trials. ..
- Fuller M, Shermock K, Secic M, Laich J, Durkin M. Service use and costs among VA patients with schizophrenia taking risperidone or olanzapine. Psychiatr Serv. 2002;53:855-60 pubmed..Total health care costs declined for patients taking risperidone and increased for patients taking olanzapine after treatment was initiated. ..
- Tarazi F, Zhang K, Baldessarini R. Long-term effects of newer antipsychotic drugs on neuronal nitric oxide synthase in rat brain. Nitric Oxide. 2002;7:297-300 pubmed..The findings suggest that nNOS plays a minimal role in mediating the long-term actions of newer antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Passik S, Kirsh K, Theobald D, Dickerson P, Trowbridge R, Gray D, et al. A retrospective chart review of the use of olanzapine for the prevention of delayed emesis in cancer patients. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2003;25:485-8 pubmed..These data suggest that olanzapine was well tolerated and may reduce the incidence of delayed emesis in patients receiving moderate to highly emetogenic chemotherapy. A series of prospective trials are underway. ..
- Jerrell J. Cost-effectiveness of risperidone, olanzapine, and conventional antipsychotic medications. Schizophr Bull. 2002;28:589-605 pubmed
- Rozen T. New treatments in cluster headache. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2002;2:114-21 pubmed..Cluster treatment involves abortive, transitional, and preventive therapy strategies, all of which are discussed in this article. ..
- Cohen B, Cherkerzian S, Ma J, Ye N, Wager C, Lange N. Cells in midline thalamus, central amygdala, and nucleus accumbens responding specifically to antipsychotic drugs. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003;167:403-10 pubmed..The pattern of activated cells may be relevant to the therapeutic actions of antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Carr D, Surmeier D. M1 muscarinic receptor modulation of Kir2 channels enhances temporal summation of excitatory synaptic potentials in prefrontal cortex pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:3432-8 pubmed..As a consequence of this dual modulation, the responses to a single, isolated afferent volley was reduced, but the response to a high-frequency afferent burst was potentiated...
- Huwiler K, De Rosier T, Hanson B, Vogel K. A fluorescence anisotropy assay for the muscarinic M1 G-protein-coupled receptor. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2010;8:356-66 pubmed publisher..This M1 FA assay offers advantages over traditional radioligandbinding assays as it eliminates radioactivity while allowing investigation of orthosteric or allosteric muscarinic M1 ligands in a homogeneous format...
- Griffin M, Figueroa K, Liller S, Ehlert F. Estimation of agonist activity at G protein-coupled receptors: analysis of M2 muscarinic receptor signaling through Gi/o,Gs, and G15. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:1193-207 pubmed..Our results show that the RA(i) estimate is a useful measure for quantifying agonist activity across different assay systems and for detecting agonist directed signaling. ..
- Keshavarzian A, Gordon J, Willson C, Urban G, Fields J. Chronic ethanol feeding produces a muscarinic receptor upregulation, but not a muscarinic supersensitivity in lower esophageal sphincter muscle. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1992;260:601-7 pubmed
- Sun T, Ma T, Ho I. Differential modulation of muscarinic receptors in the rat brain by repeated exposure to methyl parathion. J Toxicol Sci. 2003;28:427-38 pubmed..Our findings suggest that down-regulation of muscarinic receptors plays a role in the development of tolerance to MP. And, the regulations of muscarinic receptors were different among receptor subtypes and brain regions. ..
- Yarosh C, Ashe J. Antagonist discrimination of two muscarinic responses elicited by applied agonists and orthodromic stimuli in superior cervical ganglion of rabbit. Neuropharmacology. 1987;26:1549-60 pubmed..Furthermore, the data suggest that these pharmacological agents produce their effects by interaction at different muscarinic recognition sites. ..
- Yarosh C, Ashe J, Olito A. Differential effects of the muscarinic M2 antagonists, AF-DX 116 and gallamine, on single neurons of rabbit sympathetic ganglia. Neuropharmacology. 1990;29:735-45 pubmed