Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on piperazines in Italy
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- Bozzi F, Conca E, Manenti G, Negri T, Brich S, Gronchi A, et al. High CD133 expression levels in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2011;80:238-47 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GISTs are a clonal expansion of quite primitive cells that strictly depend on KIT oncogenic addiction, and have no cancer/stem cell component that can be detected by means of the antigens used in this study. ..
- Gammella E, Leuenberger C, Gassmann M, Ostergaard L. Evidence of synergistic/additive effects of sildenafil and erythropoietin in enhancing survival and migration of hypoxic endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;304:L230-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we present evidence of possible additive or synergistic effects of both drugs. ..
- Guazzi M, Vicenzi M, Arena R, Guazzi M. PDE5 inhibition with sildenafil improves left ventricular diastolic function, cardiac geometry, and clinical status in patients with stable systolic heart failure: results of a 1-year, prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Circ Heart Fail. 2011;4:8-17 pubmed publisher
- Negri T, Bozzi F, Conca E, Brich S, Gronchi A, Bertulli R, et al. Oncogenic and ligand-dependent activation of KIT/PDGFRA in surgical samples of imatinib-treated gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GISTs). J Pathol. 2009;217:103-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that drugs targeting wild-type receptors should be tested in imatinib-treated GIST patients. ..
- Nappi R, Sances G, Brundu B, De Taddei S, Sommacal A, Ghiotto N, et al. Estradiol supplementation modulates neuroendocrine response to M-chlorophenylpiperazine in menstrual status migrainosus triggered by oral contraception-free interval. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:3423-8 pubmed..Transdermal E2 supplementation is able to restore neuroendocrine response to this specific 5-HT agent, exerting a positive clinical effect on the course of menstrually related migraine. ..
- Breccia M, Alimena G. Resistance to imatinib in chronic myeloid leukemia and therapeutic approaches to circumvent the problem. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets. 2009;9:21-8 pubmed..This review will discuss the underlying mechanisms of imatinib-resistance and new strategies to avoid and overcome this phenomenon. ..
- ..Ticagrelor is the first of a new class of orally available antiplatelet agents antagonizing the effects of ADP mediated by P2Y12; it is currently being studied in a phase III trial in patients with ACS. ..
- Damato S, Bellone A, Castelli T, Mendoza M, Daniele R. Breathing pattern--gas exchange relation and acute effect of almitrine in severe chronic airflow obstruction. Respiration. 1988;54:42-9 pubmed..It is concluded that in man the well-documented improvement in the V/Q relationship after almitrine is in part related to a pure ventilatory effect though the possibility of increasing ventilation by mainly increasing tidal volume. ..
- De Berardis G, Pellegrini F, Franciosi M, Pamparana F, Morelli P, Tognoni G, et al. Management of erectile dysfunction in general practice. J Sex Med. 2009;6:1127-1134 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, barriers in addressing sexual issues still persist. Appropriate training is needed for a proactive approach to ED screening and management in men over 40s. ..
- Ciarcia R, Damiano S, Montagnaro S, Pagnini U, Ruocco A, Caparrotti G, et al. Combined effects of PI3K and SRC kinase inhibitors with imatinib on intracellular calcium levels, autophagy, and apoptosis in CML-PBL cells. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2839-48 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic strategies combining imatinib with PI3K and/or Src kinase inhibitors warrant further investigations in Bcr/Abl+ malignancies, particularly in the cases of imatinib mesylate-resistant disease. ..
- De Pas T, Toffalorio F, Colombo P, Trifiro G, Pelosi G, Vigna P, et al. Brief report: activity of imatinib in a patient with platelet-derived-growth-factor receptor positive malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:938-41 pubmed publisher..Treatment with imatinib should be considered for patients with recurrent or unresectable MSFTs with PDGFR expression. ..
- Casali P, Messina A, Stacchiotti S, Tamborini E, Crippa F, Gronchi A, et al. Imatinib mesylate in chordoma. Cancer. 2004;101:2086-97 pubmed..The benefit to the patient entailed by this pattern of tumor response in chordoma needs to be elucidated, but may be limited in the presence of significant local disease. ..
- Radaelli F, Vener C, Ripamonti F, Iurlo A, Colombi M, Artoni A, et al. Conjunctival hemorrhagic events associated with imatinib mesylate. Int J Hematol. 2007;86:390-3 pubmed publisher..Because there was no other obvious reason for such a high incidence of CH, we hypothesize drug hypersensitivity or ocular irritation induced by IM treatment. ..
- Montorsi F, Salonia A, Deho F, Cestari A, Guazzoni G, Rigatti P, et al. Pharmacological management of erectile dysfunction. BJU Int. 2003;91:446-54 pubmed..Alprostadil is the most widely used drug, both for injection therapy and for the intraurethral route. The efficacy of second-line treatment is high but the attrition rate remains significant. ..
- Giallongo C, La Cava P, Tibullo D, Barbagallo I, Parrinello N, Cupri A, et al. SPARC expression in CML is associated to imatinib treatment and to inhibition of leukemia cell proliferation. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:60 pubmed publisher..This exogenous SPARC may inhibit CML cell proliferation and may synergize with IM activity against CML. ..
- Poce G, Bates R, Alfonso S, Cocozza M, Porretta G, Ballell L, et al. Improved BM212 MmpL3 inhibitor analogue shows efficacy in acute murine model of tuberculosis infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56980 pubmed publisher..The in vitro and in vivo target validation evidence presented here adds further weight to MmpL3 as a druggable target of interest for anti-tubercular drug discovery. ..
- Bellino S, Paradiso E, Bogetto F. Efficacy and tolerability of aripiprazole augmentation in sertraline-resistant patients with borderline personality disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2008;161:206-12 pubmed publisher..Adverse effects were mild headache, insomnia, and anxiety. Aripiprazole is an efficacious and well-tolerated add-on treatment for sertraline-resistant BPD patients. It acts on impulsive and psychotic-like symptoms. ..
- Corrado C, Flugy A, Taverna S, Raimondo S, Guggino G, KARMALI R, et al. Carboxyamidotriazole-orotate inhibits the growth of imatinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukaemia cells and modulates exosomes-stimulated angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42310 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CTO may be effective in targeting both cancer cell growth and the tumor microenvironment, thus suggesting a potential therapeutic utility for CTO in leukaemia patients. ..
- Passalacqua G, Canonica G. A review of the evidence from comparative studies of levocetirizine and desloratadine for the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Clin Ther. 2005;27:979-92 pubmed
- Rossi C, Hess S, Eckl R, di Lena A, Bruno A, Thomas O, et al. Effect of MCM09, an active site-directed inhibitor of factor Xa, on B16-BL6 melanoma lung colonies in mice. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:608-13 pubmed..05). Lung colonies were 74.2-72.6% reduced by MCM09 (10 mg kg(-1)) given 60 or 120 min before cells, but not by MCM09 given 60 min thereafter, suggesting a direct cell interaction as a mechanism underlying antitumor activity. ..
- Rufa A, Cerase A, Monti L, Dotti M, Giorgio A, Sicurelli F, et al. Recurrent venous thrombosis including cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in a patient taking sildenafil for erectile dysfunction. J Neurol Sci. 2007;260:293-5 pubmed..Recurrent venous thrombosis, including CVST, may complicate prolonged treatment with PDE5-inhibitors in subjects at risk. Periodic monitoring of clotting factors is recommended in these subjects. ..
- Fiume L, Baglioni M, Busi C, Manerba M, Di Stefano G. The enhancement of interstitial transport of a doxorubicin-lactosaminated albumin conjugate by imatinib: in rat hepatocellular carcinoma it is not preferentially higher than that in liver and bone marrow. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009;72:630-1 pubmed..This observation casts some doubts about the possibility that the value of anticancer agents with toxic side effects on liver and bone marrow can be improved by imatinib. ..
- Cattaneo M, Podda G. State of the art of new P2Y12 antagonists. Intern Emerg Med. 2010;5:385-91 pubmed publisher..A shorter period of drug discontinuation before surgery is necessary in ticagrelor-treated patients compared to clopiodgrel-treated patients to limit the severity of post-surgical bleeding. ..
- Tavanti E, Sero V, Vella S, Fanelli M, Michelacci F, Landuzzi L, et al. Preclinical validation of Aurora kinases-targeting drugs in osteosarcoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:2607-18 pubmed publisher..In vitro analysis of the Aurora kinases inhibitors VX-680 and ZM447439 indicated in VX-680 a new promising drug of potential clinical usefulness in association with conventional osteosarcoma chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Maura G, Marcoli M, Pepicelli O, Rosu C, Viola C, Raiteri M. Serotonin inhibition of the NMDA receptor/nitric oxide/cyclic GMP pathway in human neocortex slices: involvement of 5-HT(2C) and 5-HT(1A) receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;130:1853-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the NMDA receptor/NO/cyclic GMP pathway in human neocortex slices can be potently inhibited by activation of 5-HT(2C) or 5-HT(1A) receptors. ..
- Gambacorti Passerini C, Rossi F, Verga M, Ruchatz H, Gunby R, Frapolli R, et al. Differences between in vivo and in vitro sensitivity to imatinib of Bcr/Abl+ cells obtained from leukemic patients. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2002;28:361-72 pubmed..These data suggest that measurements of Bcr/Abl kinase activity in peripheral blood samples may represent a more reliable indicator of active concentrations than the measurement of imatinib plasma levels. ..
- Drago L, Nicola L, Mattina R, De Vecchi E. In vitro selection of resistance in Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp. at in vivo fluoroquinolone concentrations. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:119 pubmed publisher..Among the tested fluoroquinolones, levofloxacin was the most capable of limiting the occurrence of resistance. ..
- Villano A, Di Franco A, Nerla R, Sestito A, Tarzia P, Lamendola P, et al. Effects of ivabradine and ranolazine in patients with microvascular angina pectoris. Am J Cardiol. 2013;112:8-13 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ranolazine and ivabradine may have a therapeutic role in MVA patients with inadequate control of symptoms in combination with usual anti-ischemic therapy. ..
- Saglio G, Cilloni D, Rancati F, Boano L. Glivec and CML: a lucky date. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2004;18:246-51 pubmed
- Ricci C, Onida F, Servida F, Radaelli F, Saporiti G, Todoerti K, et al. In vitro anti-leukaemia activity of sphingosine kinase inhibitor. Br J Haematol. 2009;144:350-7 pubmed publisher..Due to the fact that the phenomenon of resistance to IM remains a major issue in the treatment of patients with CML, the identification of alternative targets and new drugs may be of clinical relevance. ..
- Abate C, Niso M, Contino M, Colabufo N, Ferorelli S, Perrone R, et al. 1-Cyclohexyl-4-(4-arylcyclohexyl)piperazines: Mixed ? and human ?(8)-?(7) sterol isomerase ligands with antiproliferative and P-glycoprotein inhibitory activity. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:73-80 pubmed publisher..When administered alone, cis-11 resulted in 50?% cell death, demonstrating its single agent antitumor properties in a tumor cell line overexpressing P-gp. ..
- Guazzi M, Vicenzi M, Arena R. Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition with sildenafil reverses exercise oscillatory breathing in chronic heart failure: a long-term cardiopulmonary exercise testing placebo-controlled study. Eur J Heart Fail. 2012;14:82-90 pubmed publisher..PAP and PVR reduction seem to underlie the correction of the breathing disorder. Whether reversal of this unfavourable prognostic signal can affect survival remains unconfirmed at the moment. ..
- Alaggio R, Cecchetto G, Martignoni G, Bisogno G, Cheng L, Sperli D, et al. Malignant perivascular epithelioid cell tumor in children: description of a case and review of the literature. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:e31-40 pubmed publisher..The indolent evolution in our patient was similar to that reported in some other cases in the literature. In terms of treatment, the present case suggests a minor response to temsirolimus compared with the adult population. ..
- Gronchi A. Risk stratification models and mutational analysis: keys to optimising adjuvant therapy in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:884-92 pubmed publisher..In this review, the development and prognostic/predictive utility of key risk stratification tools and mutational analysis of GIST are discussed herein with the goal of facilitating adjuvant treatment decisions for patients with GIST. ..
- Ardizzone I, Nardecchia F, Marconi A, Carratelli T, Ferrara M. Antipsychotic medication in adolescents suffering from schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Psychopharmacol Bull. 2010;43:45-66 pubmed..If a treatment with antipsychotic drugs associated with significant weight gain as olanzapine or risperidone is needed, compensative measures should be soon considered. ..
- Guazzi M, Vicenzi M, Arena R, Guazzi M. Pulmonary hypertension in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a target of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition in a 1-year study. Circulation. 2011;124:164-74 pubmed publisher..These results enhance our understanding of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and offer new directions for therapy. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. UNIQUE IDENTIFIER: NCT01156636. ..
- Lippiello P, Hoxha E, Speranza L, Volpicelli F, Ferraro A, Leopoldo M, et al. The 5-HT7 receptor triggers cerebellar long-term synaptic depression via PKC-MAPK. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101:426-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate for the first time that 5-HT7R exerts a fine regulation of cerebellar bidirectional synaptic plasticity that might be involved in cognitive processes and neuropsychiatric disorders involving the cerebellum. ..
- Caretti A, Bianciardi P, Ronchi R, Fantacci M, Guazzi M, Samaja M. Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition abolishes neuron apoptosis induced by chronic hypoxia independently of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha signaling. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:1222-30 pubmed publisher..0002) and P-p38 (P = 0.004). We conclude that upregulating the NO/cGMP pathway by PDE-5 inhibition during hypoxia reduces neuron apoptosis, regardless of HIF-1alpha, through an interaction involving ERK1/2 and p38. ..
- Da Riva L, Bozzi F, Mondellini P, Miccichè F, Fumagalli E, Vaghi E, et al. Proteomic detection of a large amount of SCGF? in the stroma of GISTs after imatinib therapy. J Transl Med. 2011;9:158 pubmed publisher..Our studies highlight a possible role of SCGF? in imatinib-induced changes of GIST structure, consistent with a therapeutic response. ..
- Origoni M, Garsia S, Sideri M, Pifarotti G, Nicora M. Efficacy of topical oxatomide in women with pruritus vulvae. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1990;16:591-6 pubmed..Safety and acceptability were confirmed. In general topical oxatomide showed good tolerability and efficacy in women with vulvar itching of various natures...
- Spadoni F, Hainsworth A, Mercuri N, Caputi L, Martella G, Lavaroni F, et al. Lamotrigine derivatives and riluzole inhibit INa,P in cortical neurons. Neuroreport. 2002;13:1167-70 pubmed..Given the damaging role of a sustained influx of sodium in both pharmaco-resistant seizures or excitotoxic insults, we suggest the utilization of drugs that suppress the persistent conductance. ..
- Gobbi M, Moia M, Pirona L, Ceglia I, Reyes Parada M, Scorza C, et al. p-Methylthioamphetamine and 1-(m-chlorophenyl)piperazine, two non-neurotoxic 5-HT releasers in vivo, differ from neurotoxic amphetamine derivatives in their mode of action at 5-HT nerve endings in vitro. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1435-43 pubmed
- De Ponti F, Crema F, Moro E, Nardelli G, Frigo G, Crema A. Role of 5-HT1B/D receptors in canine gastric accommodation: effect of sumatriptan and 5-HT1B/D receptor antagonists. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;285:G96-104 pubmed..In conclusion, 5-HT1B receptors seem to play an important role in modulating gastric accommodation to a distending stimulus. An exponential model for pressure-volume curves fits well with the concept of gastric adaptive relaxation. ..
- Soverini S, Martinelli G, Rosti G, Bassi S, Amabile M, Poerio A, et al. ABL mutations in late chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia patients with up-front cytogenetic resistance to imatinib are associated with a greater likelihood of progression to blast crisis and shorter survival: a study by the GIMEMA Working Party o. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:4100-9 pubmed
- Stacchiotti S, Marrari A, Tamborini E, Palassini E, Virdis E, Messina A, et al. Response to imatinib plus sirolimus in advanced chordoma. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1886-94 pubmed publisher..Imatinib (IM) is active in advanced chordoma. The evidence of upstream and/or downstream mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway activation prompted us to combine an mTOR inhibitor, sirolimus, to IM in IM-resistant advanced chordoma...
- Carella A, Garuti A, Cirmena G, Catania G, Rocco I, Palermo C, et al. Kinase domain mutations of BCR-ABL identified at diagnosis before imatinib-based therapy are associated with progression in patients with high Sokal risk chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:275-8 pubmed publisher..No low-risk patient carried KD mutation at diagnosis. In conclusion, KD mutations conferring high-level imatinib resistance are present in patients with de novo CML and in some of them lead to disease progression. ..
- Morandi A, Barbetti V, Riverso M, Dello Sbarba P, Rovida E. The colony-stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) receptor sustains ERK1/2 activation and proliferation in breast cancer cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27450 pubmed publisher..The presence of a proliferative CSF-1/CSF-1R autocrine loop involving ERK1/2 was also found. The wide expression of the CSF-1/CSF-1R pair across breast cancer cell subtypes supports CSF-1/CSF-1R targeting in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Brunetti M, Di Tizio L, Dezi S, Pozzi G, Grandinetti P, Martinotti G. Aripiprazole, alcohol and substance abuse: a review. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2012;16:1346-54 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest the need for further studies, preferably randomized and placebo-controlled...
- Marazziti D, Baroni S, Pirone A, Giannaccini G, Betti L, Testa G, et al. Serotonin receptor of type 6 (5-HT6) in human prefrontal cortex and hippocampus post-mortem: an immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence study. Neurochem Int. 2013;62:182-8 pubmed publisher..This study, taking into account all the limitations due to the postmortem model used, represents the starting point to explore the 5-HT(6) receptor functionality and its sub-cellular distribution. ..
- Barbieri E, De Preter K, Capasso M, Johansson P, Man T, Chen Z, et al. A p53 drug response signature identifies prognostic genes in high-risk neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79843 pubmed publisher..Our findings further support the concept that oncogene-driven transcriptional networks opposing p53 activation are essential for the aggressive behavior and poor response to therapy of high-risk neuroblastoma. ..
- Pujade Lauraine E, Ledermann J, Selle F, Gebski V, Penson R, Oza A, et al. Olaparib tablets as maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive, relapsed ovarian cancer and a BRCA1/2 mutation (SOLO2/ENGOT-Ov21): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1274-1284 pubmed publisher..Apart from anaemia, toxicities with olaparib were low grade and manageable. AstraZeneca. ..
- Colucci R, Blandizzi C, Carignani D, Lazzeri G, Natale G, Crema F, et al. Determination on functional basis of presynaptic alpha 2-adrenoceptor subtypes in guinea-pig duodenum. Neurosci Lett. 1996;210:29-32 pubmed..According to the current classification, it is suggested that alpha 2-heteroadrenoceptors involved in the modulation of duodenal cholinergic neurotransmission belong to the alpha ZD subtype...
- Montorsi F, Corbin J, Phillips S. Review of phosphodiesterases in the urogenital system: new directions for therapeutic intervention. J Sex Med. 2004;1:322-36 pubmed..With the success of Phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 5 inhibitors (i.e., sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED), PDEs are considered attractive targets for drug intervention in the urogenital tract...
- Cipolla C, Fulfaro F, Sandonato L, Fricano S, Pantuso G, Grassi N, et al. Clinical presentation and treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Tumori. 2006;92:279-84 pubmed..We present our experience in the treatment of localized and metastatic disease and a review of literature...
- Negri T, Pavan G, Virdis E, Greco A, Fermeglia M, Sandri M, et al. T670X KIT mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: making sense of missense. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:194-204 pubmed publisher..This combination of in vitro and molecular modeling analyses shows why, among all possible amino acid substitutions at position 670 of KIT, only Ile is naturally selected as a resistance mutant in imatinib-treated GIST patients. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Pedeutour F, Negri T, Conca E, Marrari A, Palassini E, et al. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans-derived fibrosarcoma: clinical history, biological profile and sensitivity to imatinib. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1761-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DFSP-derived FS maintains the fusion-gene, being sensitive to imatinib. However, responses are short-lasting. Secondary resistance to imatinib is not related to PDGFRB. ..
- Serretta V, Ruggirello A, Giaimo R, Sommatino F, Billone V, Allegro R, et al. [Prevention of topic toxicity of BCG with single-dose prulifloxacin. Preliminary results of a randomized pilot study]. Urologia. 2010;77:240-7 pubmed..A prospective pilot trial was designed to evaluate the adoption of a single dose of prulifloxacin to prevent the toxicity of BCG. Treatment tolerability and its possible influence on BCG efficacy have been analyzed...
- Abate C, Hornick J, Spitzer D, Hawkins W, Niso M, Perrone R, et al. Fluorescent derivatives of ? receptor ligand 1-cyclohexyl-4-[3-(5-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydronaphthalen-1-yl)propyl]piperazine (PB28) as a tool for uptake and cellular localization studies in pancreatic tumor cells. J Med Chem. 2011;54:5858-67 pubmed publisher..Fluorescent ?(2) ligands show their potential in clarifying the mechanisms of action of ?(2) receptors. ..
- Alonci A, Allegra A, Russo S, Penna G, Bellomo G, D Angelo A, et al. Imatinib mesylate therapy induces reduction in neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin serum levels and increase in leptin concentrations in chronic myeloid leukemia patients in molecular remission. Acta Haematol. 2012;127:1-6 pubmed publisher..After therapy with imatinib, all patients in molecular remission presented an increase in leptin levels. Future research is eagerly awaited as it may demonstrate the real role of NGAL and leptin in the onset and progression of CML. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Longhi A, Ferraresi V, Grignani G, Comandone A, Stupp R, et al. Phase II study of imatinib in advanced chordoma. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:914-20 pubmed publisher..To explore the antitumor activity of imatinib in patients with advanced platelet-derived growth factor ? (PDGFB)/PDGF receptor ? (PDGFRB)-positive chordomas...
- Dadomo H, Parmigiani S, Nicolini Y, Freschini S, Gioiosa L, Patrelli T, et al. Repeated and chronic administration of Vardenafil or Sildenafil differentially affects emotional and socio-sexual behavior in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2013;253:103-12 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Sildenafil and Vardenafil, although being structurally and functionally similar, are characterized by different neuro-behavioral actions and can have differential therapeutic potentials. ..
- Roviezzo F, De Angelis A, De Gruttola L, Bertolino A, Sullo N, Brancaleone V, et al. Involvement of proteinase activated receptor-2 in the vascular response to sphingosine 1-phosphate. Clin Sci (Lond). 2014;126:545-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that S1P induces endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation mainly through S1P(1) and involves PAR-2 transactivation. ..
- Tosoni D, Pambianco S, Ekalle Soppo B, Zecchini S, Bertalot G, Pruneri G, et al. Pre-clinical validation of a selective anti-cancer stem cell therapy for Numb-deficient human breast cancers. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:655-671 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a pre-clinical proof-of-concept that targeting Numb/p53 results in a specific anti-CSC therapy in human BCs. ..
- Cairoli R, Beghini A, Morello E, Grillo G, Montillo M, Larizza L, et al. Imatinib mesylate in the treatment of Core Binding Factor leukemias with KIT mutations. A report of three cases. Leuk Res. 2005;29:397-400 pubmed..Whether Imatinib, in combination with other agents, may play a role in the treatment of AML with more sensitive extracellular juxtamembrane KIT mutation remains to be determined. ..
- Battaglia G, Farrace M, Mastroberardino P, Viti I, Fimia G, Van Beeumen J, et al. Transglutaminase 2 ablation leads to defective function of mitochondrial respiratory complex I affecting neuronal vulnerability in experimental models of extrapyramidal disorders. J Neurochem. 2007;100:36-49 pubmed..These data suggest that TG2 is involved in the regulation of the respiratory chain both in physiology and pathology, contributing to set the threshold for neuronal damage in extrapyramidal disorders. ..
- Zaza A, Belardinelli L, Shryock J. Pathophysiology and pharmacology of the cardiac "late sodium current.". Pharmacol Ther. 2008;119:326-39 pubmed publisher..Both basic aspects and clinical evidence are discussed...
- Aversa A, Pili M, Francomano D, Bruzziches R, Spera E, La Pera G, et al. Effects of vardenafil administration on intravaginal ejaculatory latency time in men with lifelong premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2009;21:221-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in our study, vardenafil increased IELT and reduced PERT in men with LL-PE. Besides, improvements in confidence, perception of ejaculatory control and overall sexual satisfaction were reported. ..
- Pessina E, Albert U, Bogetto F, Maina G. Aripiprazole augmentation of serotonin reuptake inhibitors in treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder: a 12-week open-label preliminary study. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:265-9 pubmed publisher..4%) patients. Our study supports the notion that adding aripiprazole to SRIs could be a valid strategy for treatment-resistant OCD patients, and points towards the need of randomized, double-blind studies. ..
- Pierotti M, Negri T, Tamborini E, Perrone F, Pricl S, Pilotti S. Targeted therapies: the rare cancer paradigm. Mol Oncol. 2010;4:19-37 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight how a novel multidimensional approach which adds an in silico dimension to the in vitro and in vivo approach, can predict clinical results. ..
- Cavalieri E, Rigo A, Bonifacio M, Carcereri de Prati A, Guardalben E, Bergamini C, et al. Pro-apoptotic activity of ?-bisabolol in preclinical models of primary human acute leukemia cells. J Transl Med. 2011;9:45 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the first evidence that ?-bisabolol is a pro-apoptotic agent for primary human acute leukemia cells. ..
- De Carolis L, Schepisi C, Milella M, Nencini P. Clomipramine, but not haloperidol or aripiprazole, inhibits quinpirole-induced water contrafreeloading, a putative animal model of compulsive behavior. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;218:749-59 pubmed publisher..As far as CIM is considered a first line treatment in OCD, these results further strengthen the notion that QNP-induced CFL belongs to the realm of dopaminergic drug-induced compulsive behaviors. ..
- Agnoli L, Carli M. Dorsal-striatal 5-HT?A and 5-HT?C receptors control impulsivity and perseverative responding in the 5-choice serial reaction time task. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;219:633-45 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that in the dorsal striatum, 5-HT by an action on 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptors may integrate the glutamate corticostriatal inputs critical for different aspects of the 5-CSRT task performance. ..
- Sardella G, Calcagno S, Mancone M, Palmirotta R, Lucisano L, Canali E, et al. Pharmacodynamic effect of switching therapy in patients with high on-treatment platelet reactivity and genotype variation with high clopidogrel Dose versus prasugrel: the RESET GENE trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2012;5:698-704 pubmed publisher..Conversely, high-dose clopidogrel can address HTPR only in CYP2C19*2 noncarriers. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01465828. ..
- Temussi F, Dellagreca M, Pistillo P, Previtera L, Zarrelli A, Criscuolo E, et al. Sildenafil and tadalafil in simulated chlorination conditions: ecotoxicity of drugs and their derivatives. Sci Total Environ. 2013;463-464:366-73 pubmed publisher..A mutagenic potential was found for all the compounds investigated. ..
- Ghiglieri V, Mineo D, Vannelli A, Cacace F, Mancini M, Pendolino V, et al. Modulation of serotonergic transmission by eltoprazine in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia: Behavioral, molecular, and synaptic mechanisms. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;86:140-53 pubmed publisher..Conversely, the impairment in the striatal-dependent learning was found exacerbated in L-DOPA-treated rats and eltoprazine failed to recover it. ..
- Aspatwar A, Hammarén M, Koskinen S, Luukinen B, Barker H, Carta F, et al. ?-CA-specific inhibitor dithiocarbamate Fc14-584B: a novel antimycobacterial agent with potential to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2017;32:832-840 pubmed publisher..Our studies highlight the therapeutic potential of Fc14-584B as a ?-CA inhibitor against Mtb, and that dithiocarbamate compounds may be developed into potent anti-tuberculosis drugs. ..
- Silvestri A, Galetta P, Cerquetani E, Marazzi G, Patrizi R, Fini M, et al. Report of erectile dysfunction after therapy with beta-blockers is related to patient knowledge of side effects and is reversed by placebo. Eur Heart J. 2003;24:1928-32 pubmed
- Miselli F, Casieri P, Negri T, Orsenigo M, Lagonigro M, Gronchi A, et al. c-Kit/PDGFRA gene status alterations possibly related to primary imatinib resistance in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2369-77 pubmed..Our findings show that c-Kit/PDGFRA genomic alterations were present at disease onset in 1/3 of the examined cases. They therefore represent an early event possibly related to primary imatinib resistance in GISTs. ..
- Modugno M, Casale E, Soncini C, Rosettani P, Colombo R, Lupi R, et al. Crystal structure of the T315I Abl mutant in complex with the aurora kinases inhibitor PHA-739358. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7987-90 pubmed
- Cai T, Mazzoli S, Nesi G, Boddi V, Mondaini N, Bartoletti R. 14-day prulifloxacin treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis in women with recurrent urinary tract infections: a prospective, open-label, pilot trial with 6-month follow-up. J Chemother. 2009;21:535-41 pubmed..6%) patients who had positive vaginal swab sample at baseline. in conclusion, a 14-day administration of prulifloxacin 600 mg is a safe, well tolerated and effective treatment for the management of UTI in young women...
- Reddiconto G, Toto C, Palamà I, De Leo S, de Luca E, De Matteis S, et al. Targeting of GSK3? promotes imatinib-mediated apoptosis in quiescent CD34+ chronic myeloid leukemia progenitors, preserving normal stem cells. Blood. 2012;119:2335-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data gain new insight in CML biology, indicating that GSK3 inhibitors may be of therapeutic value in selectively targeting leukemia-initiating cells in combination with IM but not dasatinib. ..
- Cadamuro M, Nardo G, Indraccolo S, Dall Olmo L, Sambado L, Moserle L, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor-D and Rho GTPases regulate recruitment of cancer-associated fibroblasts in cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology. 2013;58:1042-53 pubmed publisher..Targeting tumor or stroma interactions with inhibitors of the PDGF-D pathway may offer a novel therapeutic approach. ..
- Cipriani A, Accordini S, Nose M, Purgato M, Girlanda F, Tansella M, et al. Aripiprazole versus haloperidol in combination with clozapine for treatment-resistant schizophrenia: a 12-month, randomized, naturalistic trial. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013;33:533-7 pubmed publisher..Aripiprazole was perceived more tolerable than haloperidol, but it is uncertain how this finding may translate into the real world of clinical practice. ..