Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Italy
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Zehender G, Ebranati E, De Maddalena C, Gianelli E, Riva A, Rusconi S, et al. Description of a "trans-Saharan" strain of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 in West Africa. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2008;47:269-73 pubmed
- Grassi F, Minuto L, Casazza G, Labra M, Sala F. Haplotype richness in refugial areas: phylogeographical structure of Saxifraga callosa. J Plant Res. 2009;122:377-87 pubmed publisher..callosa survived in some refugia within the Italian Peninsula refugium, and that mainly northern populations of refugia were involved in postglacial recolonization. ..
- Fontanesi L, Forestier L, Allain D, Scotti E, Beretti F, Deretz Picoulet S, et al. Characterization of the rabbit agouti signaling protein (ASIP) gene: transcripts and phylogenetic analyses and identification of the causative mutation of the nonagouti black coat colour. Genomics. 2010;95:166-75 pubmed publisher..ASIP gene transcripts were also detected in all examined rabbit tissues distinguishing the rabbit expression pattern from what was observed in wild type mice. ..
- Raddadi N, Gonella E, Camerota C, Pizzinat A, Tedeschi R, Crotti E, et al. 'Candidatus Liberibacter europaeus' sp. nov. that is associated with and transmitted by the psyllid Cacopsylla pyri apparently behaves as an endophyte rather than a pathogen. Environ Microbiol. 2011;13:414-26 pubmed publisher..Despite liberibacters representing potential quarantine organisms, 'Ca. L. europaeus', first described in Italy and Europe, apparently behaves as an endophyte rather than a pathogen. ..
- Santoro M, Alteri C, Ronga L, Flandre P, Fabeni L, Mercurio F, et al. Comparative analysis of drug resistance among B and the most prevalent non-B HIV type 1 subtypes (C, F, and CRF02_AG) in Italy. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012;28:1285-93 pubmed..These results may be useful for the therapeutic management of individuals infected with HIV-1 non-B strains. ..
- Loconsole G, Onelge N, Potere O, Giampetruzzi A, Bozan O, Satar S, et al. Identification and characterization of citrus yellow vein clearing virus, a putative new member of the genus Mandarivirus. Phytopathology. 2012;102:1168-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that CYVCV is the causal agent of yellow vein clearing disease and represents a new species in the genus Mandarivirus. ..
- Rosati S, Pittau M, Alberti A, Pozzi S, York D, Sharp J, et al. An accessory open reading frame (orf-x) of jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus is conserved between different virus isolates. Virus Res. 2000;66:109-16 pubmed
- Sabanadzovic S, Ghanem Sabanadzovic N, Saldarelli P, Martelli G. Complete nucleotide sequence and genome organization of Grapevine fleck virus. J Gen Virol. 2001;82:2009-15 pubmed publisher..e. size of genomic RNA and coat protein, and number of ORFs) support the notion that GFkV is a separate virus belonging in a new genus...
- Pampiglione S, Trentini M, Fioravanti M, Onore G, Rivasi F. Additional description of a new species of Tunga (Siphonaptera) from Ecuador. Parasite. 2003;10:9-15 pubmed
- Conti A, Pancaldi S, Fambrini M, Michelotti V, Bonora A, Salvini M, et al. A deficiency at the gene coding for zeta-carotene desaturase characterizes the sunflower non dormant-1 mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:445-55 pubmed..5.0-kb region. Also, HaZds showed a high conservation of the distribution and size of the exons with rice Zds gene. Based on genomic Southern analysis, the nd-1 genome disclosed a large deficiency at the Zds locus...
- Ferrero E, Orciani M, Vacca P, Ortolan E, Crovella S, Titti F, et al. Characterization and phylogenetic epitope mapping of CD38 ADPR cyclase in the cynomolgus macaque. BMC Immunol. 2004;5:21 pubmed publisher..These results open new prospects for the biomedical and pharmacological investigations of this receptor-enzyme...
- Monti M, Nappo A, Giorgini M. Molecular characterization of closely related species in the parasitic genus Encarsia (Hymenoptera: Aphelinidae) based on the mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase subunit I gene. Bull Entomol Res. 2005;95:401-8 pubmed..Moreover, the COI gene appears potentially useful for understanding phylogenetic relationships in this genus. ..
- Vallino M, Massa N, Lumini E, Bianciotto V, Berta G, Bonfante P. Assessment of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal diversity in roots of Solidago gigantea growing in a polluted soil in Northern Italy. Environ Microbiol. 2006;8:971-83 pubmed
- Malavasi F, Deaglio S, Funaro A, Ferrero E, Horenstein A, Ortolan E, et al. Evolution and function of the ADP ribosyl cyclase/CD38 gene family in physiology and pathology. Physiol Rev. 2008;88:841-86 pubmed publisher..The concluding remarks try to frame all of the currently available information within a unified working model that takes into account both the enzymatic and receptorial functions of the molecules. ..
- Giordano D, Russo R, Coppola D, di Prisco G, Verde C. Molecular adaptations in haemoglobins of notothenioid fishes. J Fish Biol. 2010;76:301-18 pubmed publisher..These factors are thought to be more important for short-term response to environmental challenges than previously believed. ..
- Shaik M, Cendron L, Percudani R, Zanotti G. The structure of Helicobacter pylori HP0310 reveals an atypical peptidoglycan deacetylase. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19207 pubmed publisher..In striking contrast with the known peptidoglycan deacetylases, HpPgdA does not exhibit a solvent-accessible polysaccharide binding groove, suggesting that the enzyme binds a small molecule at the active site. ..
- Fusaro A, Monne I, Salviato A, Valastro V, Schivo A, Amarin N, et al. Phylogeography and evolutionary history of reassortant H9N2 viruses with potential human health implications. J Virol. 2011;85:8413-21 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the need to constantly monitor the evolution of H9N2 viruses in poultry to better understand the potential risk to human health posed by these viruses. ..
- de Nardi M, Lamin Saleh S, Batten C, Oura C, Di Nardo A, Rossi D. First evidence of peste des petits ruminants (PPR) virus circulation in Algeria (Sahrawi territories): outbreak investigation and virus lineage identification. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2012;59:214-22 pubmed publisher..3% of the samples. Sequence analysis revealed that the virus belonged to Lineage IV and phylogenetic analysis indicated a close relationship (99.3%) with the PPRV isolated during the Moroccan outbreak in 2008...
- Fu Q, Mittnik A, Johnson P, Bos K, Lari M, Bollongino R, et al. A revised timescale for human evolution based on ancient mitochondrial genomes. Curr Biol. 2013;23:553-559 pubmed publisher..Our results exclude most of the older dates for African and non-African population divergences recently suggested by de novo mutation rate estimates in the nuclear genome. ..
- Zehender G, Veo C, Ebranati E, Carta V, Rovida F, Percivalle E, et al. Reconstructing the recent West Nile virus lineage 2 epidemic in Europe and Italy using discrete and continuous phylogeography. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179679 pubmed publisher..Over a period of about seven years, the virus spread all over an area of northern Italy by following the Po river and its main tributaries. ..
- Sarzani R, Arnaldi G, De Pirro R, Moretti P, Schiaffino S, Rappelli A. A novel endothelial tyrosine kinase cDNA homologous to platelet-derived growth factor receptor cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:706-14 pubmed..1 kb mRNA with a distinctive tissue distribution. In situ hybridization on rat tissues and Northern analysis of cultured cells indicate that endothelial cells express a novel putative TKr-III mRNA. ..
- Beccari T, Bibi L, Stinchi S, Stirling J, Orlacchio A. Mouse beta-mannosidase: cDNA cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization. Biosci Rep. 2001;21:315-23 pubmed..The mouse beta-mannosidase gene (Bmn) was mapped to the distal end of Chromosome (Chr) 3, in a region that is homologous with a segment of human Chr 4 containing the orthologous human gene. ..
- Rollo F, Ubaldi M, Ermini L, Marota I. Otzi's last meals: DNA analysis of the intestinal content of the Neolithic glacier mummy from the Alps. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12594-9 pubmed
- Zanotti G, Cendron L, Ramazzina I, Folli C, Percudani R, Berni R. Structure of zebra fish HIUase: insights into evolution of an enzyme to a hormone transporter. J Mol Biol. 2006;363:1-9 pubmed..The evolution of TTR has been accompanied by remarkable changes of the HIUase active sites that gave rise to a channel open at both ends, thus allowing free access to hormone molecules. ..
- Santini S, Polacco G. Finding Nemo: molecular phylogeny and evolution of the unusual life style of anemonefish. Gene. 2006;385:19-27 pubmed..Moreover, we formulate some hypotheses concerning the life style and origin of the ancestral anemonefish. ..
- Acquadro A, Portis E, Moglia A, Magurno F, Lanteri S. Retrotransposon-based S-SAP as a platform for the analysis of genetic variation and linkage in globe artichoke. Genome. 2006;49:1149-59 pubmed
- Lombardo F, Ronca R, Rizzo C, Mestres SimÃ²n M, Lanfrancotti A, CurrÃ C, et al. The Anopheles gambiae salivary protein gSG6: an anopheline-specific protein with a blood-feeding role. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;39:457-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that gSG6 plays some essential blood feeding role and was recruited in the anopheline subfamily most probably after the separation of the lineage which gave origin to Cellia and Anopheles subgenera. ..
- Fortina M, Ricci G, Borgo F. A study of lactose metabolism in Lactococcus garvieae reveals a genetic marker for distinguishing between dairy and fish biotypes. J Food Prot. 2009;72:1248-54 pubmed..garvieae and should be considered a step in a continuous effort to explore the genome of this species, with the aim of determining the real relationship between the presence of L. garvieae in dairy products and food safety...
- Gasbarrini G, Miele L, Corazza G, Gasbarrini A. When was celiac disease born?: the Italian case from the archeologic site of Cosa. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2010;44:502-3 pubmed publisher..This case could be the first case of this condition since that one described by Areteus of Cappadocia in 250 BC and could be helpful to clarify the phylogenetic tree of celiac disease. ..
- Crotti E, Rizzi A, Chouaia B, Ricci I, Favia G, Alma A, et al. Acetic acid bacteria, newly emerging symbionts of insects. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:6963-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data indicate that AAB represent novel secondary symbionts of insects...
- Cinco M. New insights into the pathogenicity of leptospires: evasion of host defences. New Microbiol. 2010;33:283-92 pubmed..Some of them (LenA) escape innate defence such as complement killing and some escape phagocytosis. Much work has to be done to elucidate many other aspects of Leptospira pathogenic factors such as those switched on in chronic infection. ..
- Stigliani A, Giorio G, D Ambrosio C. Characterization of P450 carotenoid beta- and epsilon-hydroxylases of tomato and transcriptional regulation of xanthophyll biosynthesis in root, leaf, petal and fruit. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:851-65 pubmed publisher..Results of this study have permitted us to model the lutein synthesis in leaf and in fruit of tomato. ..
- Girlanda M, Segreto R, Cafasso D, Liebel H, Rodda M, Ercole E, et al. Photosynthetic Mediterranean meadow orchids feature partial mycoheterotrophy and specific mycorrhizal associations. Am J Bot. 2011;98:1148-63 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that even in sunny Mediterranean meadows, orchids may be mycoheterotrophic, with correlated mycorrhizal fungal specificity. ..
- Tortoli E, Gitti Z, Klenk H, Lauria S, Mannino R, Mantegani P, et al. Survey of 150 strains belonging to the Mycobacterium terrae complex and description of Mycobacterium engbaekii sp. nov., Mycobacterium heraklionense sp. nov. and Mycobacterium longobardum sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:401-11 pubmed publisher..nov., represented in the study by seven strains, was characterized by a unique phylogenetic location within the M. terrae complex, clearly divergent from any other species. The type strain is DSM 45394(T) (?=?CCUG 58460(T)). ..
- Freedman A, Gronau I, Schweizer R, Ortega Del Vecchyo D, Han E, Silva P, et al. Genome sequencing highlights the dynamic early history of dogs. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004016 pubmed publisher..This result, in combination with dog-wolf admixture during the process of domestication, suggests that a re-evaluation of past hypotheses regarding dog origins is necessary. ..
- Siles J, Cajthaml T, Minerbi S, Margesin R. Effect of altitude and season on microbial activity, abundance and community structure in Alpine forest soils. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2016;92: pubmed publisher..Correlations demonstrated that altitude, and not season, was the main factor determining the changes in abiotic and biotic characteristics at the sites investigated. ..
- Tiboni O, Cantoni R, Creti R, Cammarano P, Sanangelantoni A. Phylogenetic depth of Thermotoga maritima inferred from analysis of the fus gene: amino acid sequence of elongation factor G and organization of the Thermotoga str operon. J Mol Evol. 1991;33:142-51 pubmed
- Caggese C, Barsanti P, Viggiano L, Bozzetti M, Caizzi R. Genetic, molecular and developmental analysis of the glutamine synthetase isozymes of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetica. 1994;94:275-81 pubmed..Preliminary results show strikingly distinct spatial and temporal patterns of expression of the two isoforms at later stages of development. ..
- Sanangelantoni A, Bocchetta M, Cammarano P, Tiboni O. Phylogenetic depth of S10 and spc operons: cloning and sequencing of a ribosomal protein gene cluster from the extremely thermophilic bacterium Thermotoga maritima. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:7703-10 pubmed
- Contestabile R, Paiardini A, Pascarella S, di Salvo M, D Aguanno S, Bossa F. l-Threonine aldolase, serine hydroxymethyltransferase and fungal alanine racemase. A subgroup of strictly related enzymes specialized for different functions. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:6508-25 pubmed..coli and alanine racemase from Cochliobolus carbonum, and their comparison with the SHMT crystal structure, indicated how the tetrahydrofolate binding site might have evolved and offered a starting point for further investigations. ..
- Chironna M, Grottola A, Lanave C, Villa E, Barbuti S, Quarto M. Genetic analysis of HAV strains recovered from patients with acute hepatitis from Southern Italy. J Med Virol. 2003;70:343-9 pubmed..The latter finding suggests that this subgenotype variant circulates also in the Mediterranean area. The results of the phylogenetic analysis confirm the genetic heterogeneity among HAV strains in Western Europe. ..
- Marcone C, Schneider B, Seemüller E. 'Candidatus Phytoplasma cynodontis', the phytoplasma associated with Bermuda grass white leaf disease. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1077-82 pubmed..However, the data available do not seem to be sufficient for a proper taxonomic assignment of these phytoplasmas...
- Torti C, Gomulski L, Bonizzoni M, Murelli V, Moralli D, Guglielmino C, et al. Cchobo, a hobo-related sequence in Ceratitis capitata. Genetica. 2005;123:313-25 pubmed..Intra- and interstrain polymorphisms were detected both at euchromatic and heterochromatic sites. These findings suggest that active copies of the element may be present in the medfly genome...
- Guglielmetti S, Mora D, Manachini P, Parini C. Genetic relationship among Bacillus licheniformis rolling-circle-replicating plasmids and complete nucleotide sequence of pBL63.1, an atypical replicon. Plasmid. 2005;54:93-103 pubmed..pBL63.1 represents an exception to the low-level diversity hypothesis among Bacillus RC replicons. ..
- Daffonchio D, Raddadi N, Merabishvili M, Cherif A, Carmagnola L, Brusetti L, et al. Strategy for identification of Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis strains closely related to Bacillus anthracis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1295-301 pubmed publisher..anthracis. SNP in ITS containing tRNA genes combined with RSI-PCR provide a very efficient tool for the identification of strains closely related to B. anthracis...
- Raiola A, Sella L, Castiglioni C, Balmas V, Favaron F. A single amino acid substitution in highly similar endo-PGs from Fusarium verticillioides and related Fusarium species affects PGIP inhibition. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:776-89 pubmed publisher..Together these findings provide new insights into the structural and functional relationships between the PG from the species of the G. fujikuroi complex and the plant PGIP...
- Trotta M, Carli E, Novari G, Furlanello T, Solano Gallego L. Clinicopathological findings, molecular detection and characterization of Babesia gibsoni infection in a sick dog from Italy. Vet Parasitol. 2009;165:318-22 pubmed publisher..The nucleotide sequence was completely identical to that of Babesia gibsoni present in GenBank. This is the first molecular detection and characterization of B. gibsoni infection in a sick dog from Italy. ..
- Vignaroli C, Zandri G, Aquilanti L, Pasquaroli S, Biavasco F. Multidrug-resistant enterococci in animal meat and faeces and co-transfer of resistance from an Enterococcus durans to a human Enterococcus faecium. Curr Microbiol. 2011;62:1438-47 pubmed publisher..In particular, the occurrence of MDR E. durans in the animal reservoir could have a role in the emergence of human enterococcal infections difficult to eradicate with antibiotics. ..
- Martella V, Moschidou P, Catella C, LaRocca V, Pinto P, Losurdo M, et al. Enteric disease in dogs naturally infected by a novel canine astrovirus. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:1066-9 pubmed publisher..Specific antibodies were detected in the convalescent-phase sera of the dogs, indicating seroconversion. Also, the virus appeared weakly related antigenically to the prototype canine astrovirus isolate ITA/2008/Bari. ..
- Coppola D, Abbruzzetti S, Nicoletti F, Merlino A, Gambacurta A, Giordano D, et al. ATP regulation of the ligand-binding properties in temperate and cold-adapted haemoglobins. X-ray structure and ligand-binding kinetics in the sub-Antarctic fish Eleginops maclovinus. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:3295-304 pubmed publisher..maclovinus, whose life-style varies according to changes in habitat, the mechanisms that regulate O(2) affinity and the ATP-induced Root effect differ from those of high-Antarctic Notothenioids. ..
- Zehender G, Sorrentino C, Lai A, Ebranati E, Gabanelli E, Lo Presti A, et al. Reconstruction of the evolutionary dynamics of hepatitis C virus subtypes in Montenegro and the Balkan region. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;17:223-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest multiple introduction of HCV subtypes in the area, supported by different causes of dispersion: adverse social conditions and unsafe medical practices for HCV-1b and i.v. drug use for HCV-3a. ..
- Danesi P, Da Rold G, Rizzoli A, Hauffe H, Marangon S, Samerpitak K, et al. Barcoding markers for Pneumocystis species in wildlife. Fungal Biol. 2016;120:191-206 pubmed publisher..Nuclear rDNA ITS data confirmed unambiguous separation of species. In conclusion, ITS is an excellent marker to distinguish species of the genus Pneumocystis. ..
- Andreolli M, Lampis S, Zapparoli G, Angelini E, Vallini G. Diversity of bacterial endophytes in 3 and 15 year-old grapevines of Vitis vinifera cv. Corvina and their potential for plant growth promotion and phytopathogen control. Microbiol Res. 2016;183:42-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study extends our knowledge of the diversity of the endophytic bacteria by providing new insights into the complexity of the grapevine microbiome. ..
- Muñoz Ramírez Z, Méndez Tenorio A, Kato I, Bravo M, Rizzato C, Thorell K, et al. Whole Genome Sequence and Phylogenetic Analysis Show Helicobacter pylori Strains from Latin America Have Followed a Unique Evolution Pathway. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:50 pubmed publisher..Results suggests that in the new world, H. pylori has evolved to fit mestizo LA populations, already 500 years after the Spanish colonization. This co-adaption may account for regional variability in gastric cancer risk. ..
- Mariani M, Baldessari D, Francisconi S, Viggiano L, Rocchi M, Zappavigna V, et al. Two murine and human homologs of mab-21, a cell fate determination gene involved in Caenorhabditis elegans neural development. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2397-406 pubmed
- Lampis R, Morelli L, De Virgiliis S, Congia M, Cucca F. The distribution of HLA class II haplotypes reveals that the Sardinian population is genetically differentiated from the other Caucasian populations. Tissue Antigens. 2000;56:515-21 pubmed
- Casiraghi M, Favia G, Cancrini G, Bartoloni A, Bandi C. Molecular identification of Wolbachia from the filarial nematode Mansonella ozzardi. Parasitol Res. 2001;87:417-20 pubmed..It is interesting that analysis of the 5S rDNA gene spacer of the nematode host also suggests that the genus Mansonella, together with the genus Loa, could represent a deep-branching lineage in filarial evolution...
- Santino A, De Paolis A, Gallo A, Quarta A, Casey R, Mita G. Biochemical and molecular characterization of hazelnut (Corylus avellana) seed lipoxygenases. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4365-75 pubmed..5 and 74.6% identity, respectively). The physiological role of hazelnut LOXs and their role in influencing seed quality are also discussed...
- Cavalca L, Dell Amico E, Andreoni V. Intrinsic bioremediability of an aromatic hydrocarbon-polluted groundwater: diversity of bacterial population and toluene monoxygenase genes. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;64:576-87 pubmed..The presence of different tmo-like genes in phylogenetically distant strains of Pseudomonas, Mycobacterium and Bradyrhizobium suggested recent horizontal gene transfer in the groundwater. ..
- Marcone C, Gibb K, Streten C, Schneider B. 'Candidatus Phytoplasma spartii', 'Candidatus Phytoplasma rhamni' and 'Candidatus Phytoplasma allocasuarinae', respectively associated with spartium witches'-broom, buckthorn witches'-broom and allocasuarina yellows diseases. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1025-9 pubmed
- Matias I, McPartland J, Di Marzo V. Occurrence and possible biological role of the endocannabinoid system in the sea squirt Ciona intestinalis. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1141-56 pubmed
- Rampin T, Pisoni G, Manarolla G, Gallazzi D, Sironi G. Epornitic of avian pox in common buzzards (Buteo buteo): virus isolation and molecular biological characterization. Avian Pathol. 2007;36:161-5 pubmed..However, analysis of fpv139 locus does not reveal similarities of the isolate with other avian poxviruses...
- Antonacci R, Di Tommaso S, Lanave C, Cribiu E, Ciccarese S, Massari S. Organization, structure and evolution of 41kb of genomic DNA spanning the D-J-C region of the sheep TRB locus. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:493-509 pubmed publisher..Closer inspections of the transcripts have also shown that inter-cluster rearrangements and splice variants, involving the additional cluster, increase the functional diversity of the sheep beta chain repertoire...
- Nardi F, Barazzuoli B, Ciolfi S, Carapelli A, Dallai R, Frati F. Acetylcholinesterase genes in the basal Hexapod Orchesella villosa. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:45-54 pubmed publisher..No amino acid mutation could be directly associated with known resistance mutations in other insect species or to a clear signal of selection in the distribution of alleles, although the action of some population process is suggested. ..
- Turrà D, Bellin D, Lorito M, Gebhardt C. Genotype-dependent expression of specific members of potato protease inhibitor gene families in different tissues and in response to wounding and nematode infection. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:762-74 pubmed publisher..PI expression profiles were not correlated with the resistance status of the potato genotype infected with G. rostochiensis. ..
- Loreto F, Bagnoli F, Fineschi S. One species, many terpenes: matching chemical and biological diversity. Trends Plant Sci. 2009;14:416-20 pubmed publisher..Breeding for productive traits might therefore drive selection for terpene diversity, in turn modulating important adaptive mechanisms against biotic and abiotic stressors. ..
- Colangelo P, Bannikova A, Krystufek B, Lebedev V, Annesi F, Capanna E, et al. Molecular systematics and evolutionary biogeography of the genus Talpa (Soricomorpha: Talpidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;55:372-80 pubmed publisher..Pleistocene climatic oscillations likely caused the range shrinkages and expansions that led to the current distribution pattern of most Talpa species. ..
- Basile M, Dipasquale L, Gambacorta A, Vella M, Calarco A, Cerruti P, et al. The effect of the surface charge of hydrogel supports on thermophilic biohydrogen production. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:4386-94 pubmed publisher..Preliminary tests showed that all the tested hydrogels had good durability and allowed hydrogen production on repeated batch runs. ..
- Negrisolo E, Kuhl H, Forcato C, Vitulo N, Reinhardt R, Patarnello T, et al. Different phylogenomic approaches to resolve the evolutionary relationships among model fish species. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:2757-74 pubmed publisher..This may limit the use of intergenic/noncoding sequences in phylogenomics until more robust alignment algorithms are developed. ..
- Ercolini D, Casaburi A, Nasi A, Ferrocino I, Di Monaco R, Ferranti P, et al. Different molecular types of Pseudomonas fragi have the same overall behaviour as meat spoilers. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010;142:120-31 pubmed publisher..fragi. Regardless of the proteolytic and lipolytic capacities shown in vitro, different molecular types of P. fragi can release odour active volatile molecules and play a similar overall role as spoilage agents of meat...
- Carretto E, Barbarini D, Dijkshoorn L, van der Reijden T, Brisse S, Passet V, et al. Widespread carbapenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii clones in Italian hospitals revealed by a multicenter study. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:1319-26 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of carbapenem and multidrug resistance in A. baumannii was mainly confined to a limited number of clonal lineages of A. baumannii...
- Quaglino F, Zhao Y, Casati P, Bulgari D, Bianco P, Wei W, et al. 'Candidatus Phytoplasma solani', a novel taxon associated with stolbur- and bois noir-related diseases of plants. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:2879-94 pubmed publisher..Based on distinct molecular and biological properties, stolbur- and bois noir-associated strains are proposed to represent a novel species level taxon, 'Ca. Phytoplasma solani'; STOL11 is designated the reference strain...
- Sorrentino R, De Stradis A, Russo M, Alioto D, Rubino L. Characterization of a putative novel nepovirus from Aeonium sp. Virus Res. 2013;177:217-21 pubmed publisher..Based on the species demarcation criteria for the family Secoviridae, the virus under study appears to be a novel member of the genus Nepovirus for which the name of Aeonium ringspot virus (AeRSV) is proposed...
- Siampour M, Izadpanah K, Marzachì C, Salehi Abarkoohi M. Identification and characterization of conserved and variable regions of lime witches' broom phytoplasma genome. Microbiology. 2015;161:1741-51 pubmed publisher..Some of these genes are expected to have been involved in the development of features specific to LWB phytoplasma. ..
- Di Martino B, Di Profio F, Melegari I, Sarchese V, Cafiero M, Robetto S, et al. A novel feline norovirus in diarrheic cats. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;38:132-137 pubmed publisher..Interspecies circulation of NoVs in pets must also be considered when facing outbreaks of enteric diseases in these animals. ..
- Crestanello B, Pecchioli E, Vernesi C, Mona S, Martinkova N, Janiga M, et al. The genetic impact of translocations and habitat fragmentation in chamois (Rupicapra) spp. J Hered. 2009;100:691-708 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the potential of population genetic analyses to dissect and interpret complex patterns of diversity in order to define factors important to conservation and management...
- Stefani F, Gentilli A, Sacchi R, Razzetti E, Pellitteri Rosa D, Pupin F, et al. Refugia within refugia as a key to disentangle the genetic pattern of a highly variable species: the case of Rana temporaria Linnaeus, 1758 (Anura, Ranidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2012;65:718-26 pubmed publisher..The identified structure is partially congruent with traditional peripheral refugia identified for plants. This evolutionary scenario does not support any taxonomic distinction at the subspecific level for R. temporaria...
- Marzorati M, Alma A, Sacchi L, Pajoro M, Palermo S, Brusetti L, et al. A novel Bacteroidetes symbiont is localized in Scaphoideus titanus, the insect vector of Flavescence dorée in Vitis vinifera. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1467-75 pubmed..These results indicate that ST1-C and "Ca. Phytoplasma vitis" have a complex life cycle in the body of S. titanus and are colocalized in different organs and tissues. ..