Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in France
Publications481 found, 100 shown here
- Uilenberg G, Goff W. Polyphasic taxonomy. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1081:492-7 pubmed..In this short article, we provide a number of examples where polyphasic taxonomy is serving as the means of arriving at the desired consensus...
- Blanvillain S, Meyer D, Boulanger A, Lautier M, Guynet C, Denancé N, et al. Plant carbohydrate scavenging through tonB-dependent receptors: a feature shared by phytopathogenic and aquatic bacteria. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e224 pubmed
- Gomez C, Terrier N, Torregrosa L, Vialet S, Fournier Level A, Verri s C, et al. Grapevine MATE-type proteins act as vacuolar H+-dependent acylated anthocyanin transporters. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:402-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence that in vitro the two grapevine AM1 and AM3 proteins mediate specifically acylated anthocyanin transport...
- Seiradake E, Mao W, Hernandez V, Baker S, Plattner J, Alley M, et al. Crystal structures of the human and fungal cytosolic Leucyl-tRNA synthetase editing domains: A structural basis for the rational design of antifungal benzoxaboroles. J Mol Biol. 2009;390:196-207 pubmed publisher..Small differences between the human domain and the fungal domain could be exploited to enhance fungal specificity...
- Salaün S, Kervarec N, Potin P, Haras D, Piotto M, La Barre S. Whole-cell spectroscopy is a convenient tool to assist molecular identification of cultivatable marine bacteria and to investigate their adaptive metabolism. Talanta. 2010;80:1758-70 pubmed publisher..Spectral signatures obtained under strictly controlled conditions can be used as rapid and reliable tools for taxonomic purposes and as markers of physiological status. ..
- Jabari L, Gannoun H, Cayol J, Hedi A, Sakamoto M, Falsen E, et al. Macellibacteroides fermentans gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Porphyromonadaceae isolated from an upflow anaerobic filter treating abattoir wastewaters. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:2522-7 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. ..
- Gaillardin C, Neuvéglise C, Kerscher S, Nicaud J. Mitochondrial genomes of yeasts of the Yarrowia clade. FEMS Yeast Res. 2012;12:317-31 pubmed publisher..No close relative of the Yarrowia clade could be identified, but protein and rRNA gene orders were partially conserved in the mtDNA of Candida salmanticensis. ..
- Balzano S, Marie D, Gourvil P, Vaulot D. Composition of the summer photosynthetic pico and nanoplankton communities in the Beaufort Sea assessed by T-RFLP and sequences of the 18S rRNA gene from flow cytometry sorted samples. ISME J. 2012;6:1480-98 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in contrast to what occurs in warmer waters, most of the key pico- and nanoplankton species found in the Beaufort Sea could be successfully established in culture. ..
- Guyot R, Lefebvre Pautigny F, Tranchant Dubreuil C, Rigoreau M, Hamon P, Leroy T, et al. Ancestral synteny shared between distantly-related plant species from the asterid (Coffea canephora and Solanum Sp.) and rosid (Vitis vinifera) clades. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:103 pubmed publisher..We report the first multiple comparison between species from Asterid and Rosid clades, to examine both macro-and microsynteny relationships...
- Jobard M, Rasconi S, Solinhac L, Cauchie H, Sime Ngando T. Molecular and morphological diversity of fungi and the associated functions in three European nearby lakes. Environ Microbiol. 2012;14:2480-94 pubmed publisher..For the first time, this study provides insight into the diversity and the associated functions of all members of the Kingdom Eumycota investigated in the whole plankton fraction of aquatic ecosystems. ..
- Marandel L, Labbe C, Bobe J, Jammes H, Lareyre J, Le Bail P. Do not put all teleosts in one net: focus on the sox2 and pou2 genes. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;164:69-79 pubmed publisher..Overall, although most similarities at the level of the gene regulatory sites were found within cyprinids, the expression pattern of pou2 or sox2 during development differs between cyprinids species. ..
- Gibrat J, Mariadassou M, Boudinot P, Delmas B. Analyses of the radiation of birnaviruses from diverse host phyla and of their evolutionary affinities with other double-stranded RNA and positive strand RNA viruses using robust structure-based multiple sequence alignments and advanced phylogenetic . BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:154 pubmed publisher
- Bof M, Brandolin G, Satre M, Klein G. The mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator from Dictyostelium discoideum. Functional characterization and DNA sequencing. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:795-800 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that the expression of the D. discoideum ant gene decreased rapidly during the first hours of multicellular development but the amount of protein remained stable throughout differentiation. ..
- Bonnet R, Sampaio J, Chanal C, Sirot D, De Champs C, Viallard J, et al. A novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (BES-1) in Serratia marcescens isolated in Brazil. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:3061-8 pubmed..BES-1, therefore, may be an interesting model for further investigations of the structure-function relationships of class A ESBLs. ..
- Lafarge S, Montané M. Characterization of Arabidopsis thaliana ortholog of the human breast cancer susceptibility gene 1: AtBRCA1, strongly induced by gamma rays. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:1148-55 pubmed..Increase of mRNA levels in all plant tissues 1 h after irradiation with the highest induction level of approximately 150 times for a 100 Gy dose is consistent with a putative role of AtBRCA1 in DNA repair and in cell-cycle control. ..
- Cotto E, André M, Forgue J, Fleury H, Babin P. Molecular characterization, phylogenetic relationships, and developmental expression patterns of prion genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio). FEBS J. 2005;272:500-13 pubmed
- Coullin P, Bed Hom B, Candelier J, Vettese D, Maucolin S, Moulin S, et al. Cytogenetic repartition of chicken CR1 sequences evidenced by PRINS in Galliformes and some other birds. Chromosome Res. 2005;13:665-73 pubmed..The location of CR1 sequences, and in particular of the hot spots, mainly within the richest CG areas are in conformity with the data on an epigenetic role of these highly conserved sequences...
- Girardeau J, Dalmasso A, Bertin Y, Ducrot C, Bord S, Livrelli V, et al. Association of virulence genotype with phylogenetic background in comparison to different seropathotypes of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolates. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:6098-107 pubmed..A practical benefit of our phylogenetic analysis of STEC strains is that phylogenetic group A status appears to be highly predictive of "nonvirulent" seropathotypes. ..
- Bisbis B, Delmas F, Joubès J, Sicard A, Hernould M, Inze D, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitors regulate the CDK-cyclin complex activities in endoreduplicating cells of developing tomato fruit. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7374-83 pubmed..We here propose that LeKRP1 participates in the control of both the cell cycle and the endoreduplication cycle. ..
- Charpentier C, Nora T, Tenaillon O, Clavel F, Hance A. Extensive recombination among human immunodeficiency virus type 1 quasispecies makes an important contribution to viral diversity in individual patients. J Virol. 2006;80:2472-82 pubmed
- Le Gac M, Hood M, Fournier E, Giraud T. Phylogenetic evidence of host-specific cryptic species in the anther smut fungus. Evolution. 2007;61:15-26 pubmed
- Selosse M, Setaro S, Glatard F, Richard F, Urcelay C, Weiss M. Sebacinales are common mycorrhizal associates of Ericaceae. New Phytol. 2007;174:864-78 pubmed..When ericoid mycorrhizas evolved secondarily in Ericaceae, a shift of mycobionts occurred to ascomycetes and clade B Sebacinales, hitherto not described as ericoid mycorrhizal fungi...
- Laroucau K, Thierry S, Vorimore F, Blanco K, Kaleta E, Hoop R, et al. High resolution typing of Chlamydophila psittaci by multilocus VNTR analysis (MLVA). Infect Genet Evol. 2008;8:171-81 pubmed publisher..The newly developed MLVA system therefore provides a highly sensitive, high resolution test for the differentiation of C. psittaci isolates from different origins that is suitable for molecular epidemiological studies...
- El Bakkouri M, Seiradake E, Cusack S, Ruigrok R, Schoehn G. Structure of the C-terminal head domain of the fowl adenovirus type 1 short fibre. Virology. 2008;378:169-76 pubmed publisher..Both the fibre head sequence and structural alignments suggest that enteric human group F adenovirus 41 (short fibre) is closer to the CELO fibre heads than the canine CAdV-2 fibre head, that lies closer to the human virus fibre heads...
- Durand L, Zbinden M, Cueff Gauchard V, Duperron S, Roussel E, Shillito B, et al. Microbial diversity associated with the hydrothermal shrimp Rimicaris exoculata gut and occurrence of a resident microbial community. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2010;71:291-303 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the hypothesis of a symbiotic relationship between R. exoculata and its gut epibionts. ..
- Grossi V, Yakimov M, Al Ali B, Tapilatu Y, Cuny P, Goutx M, et al. Hydrostatic pressure affects membrane and storage lipid compositions of the piezotolerant hydrocarbon-degrading Marinobacter hydrocarbonoclasticus strain #5. Environ Microbiol. 2010;12:2020-33 pubmed publisher..1 MPa. Overall, the results suggest that intracellular WEs and phospholipids play complementary roles in the physiological adaptation of strain #5 to different hydrostatic pressures. ..
- Beltran S, Desdevises Y, Portela J, Boissier J. Mating system drives negative associations between morphological features in Schistosomatidae. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:245 pubmed publisher..In contrast, males of polygynandrous species invest to a greater extent in sexual tissues at the cost of reduced commitment to female care. ..
- Mondot S, Kang S, Furet J, Aguirre de Carcer D, McSweeney C, Morrison M, et al. Highlighting new phylogenetic specificities of Crohn's disease microbiota. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:185-92 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we identified a set of six species discriminant for CD, which provides a preliminary diagnostic tool. ..
- Gazave E, Lapébie P, Renard E, Vacelet J, Rocher C, Ereskovsky A, et al. Molecular phylogeny restores the supra-generic subdivision of homoscleromorph sponges (Porifera, Homoscleromorpha). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14290 pubmed publisher..We also note that the two families of homoscleromorphs exhibit evolutionary stable, but have drastically distinct mitochondrial genome organizations that differ in gene content and gene order. ..
- Rebuffet E, Groisillier A, Thompson A, Jeudy A, Barbeyron T, Czjzek M, et al. Discovery and structural characterization of a novel glycosidase family of marine origin. Environ Microbiol. 2011;13:1253-70 pubmed publisher..Such genes of marine origin have been transferred to symbiotic microbes associated with marine fishes, but also with some specific human populations. ..
- Boussau B, Szöllosi G, Duret L, Gouy M, Tannier E, Daubin V. Genome-scale coestimation of species and gene trees. Genome Res. 2013;23:323-30 pubmed publisher..We show that our method yields a more accurate picture of ancestral genomes than the trees available in the authoritative database Ensembl. ..
- Kerdelhue C, Le Clainche I, Rasplus J. Molecular phylogeny of the Ceratosolen species pollinating Ficus of the subgenus Sycomorus sensu stricto: biogeographical history and origins of the species-specificity breakdown cases. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1999;11:401-14 pubmed..In contrast, we hypothesize that C. galili shifted by horizontal transfer from an unknown, presumably extinct, Ficus species to F. sycomorus after this native Malagasy fig species colonized Africa. ..
- Choquet Y, Zito F, Wostrikoff K, Wollman F. Cytochrome f translation in Chlamydomonas chloroplast is autoregulated by its carboxyl-terminal domain. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1443-54 pubmed..These results do not favor a direct interaction between the repressor motif and the petA 5' untranslated region but suggest the participation of a membrane-bound ternary effector. ..
- Golstein P, Aubry L, Levraud J. Cell-death alternative model organisms: why and which?. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2003;4:798-807 pubmed..Here we discuss what is known and what might be learned from these alternative model systems. ..
- Cravo Laureau C, Matheron R, Joulian C, Cayol J, Hirschler Réa A. Desulfatibacillum alkenivorans sp. nov., a novel n-alkene-degrading, sulfate-reducing bacterium, and emended description of the genus Desulfatibacillum. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1639-42 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is PF2803T (= DSM 16219T = ATCC BAA-924T). ..
- Ral J, Derelle E, Ferraz C, Wattebled F, Farinas B, Corellou F, et al. Starch division and partitioning. A mechanism for granule propagation and maintenance in the picophytoplanktonic green alga Ostreococcus tauri. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3333-40 pubmed
- Toffin L, Zink K, Kato C, Pignet P, Bidault A, Bienvenu N, et al. Marinilactibacillus piezotolerans sp. nov., a novel marine lactic acid bacterium isolated from deep sub-seafloor sediment of the Nankai Trough. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:345-51 pubmed..On the basis of physiological and genetic characteristics, it is proposed that this organism be classified as a novel species, Marinilactibacillus piezotolerans sp. nov. The type strain is LT20T (=DSM 16108T=JCM 12337T)...
- Coolen M, Sii Felice K, Bronchain O, Mazabraud A, Bourrat F, R taux S, et al. Phylogenomic analysis and expression patterns of large Maf genes in Xenopus tropicalis provide new insights into the functional evolution of the gene family in osteichthyans. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:327-39 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of exhaustive characterizations of gene families for comparative analyses of the genetic mechanisms, which control developmental processes in vertebrates...
- Morel M, Buée M, Chalot M, Brun A. NADP-dependent glutamate dehydrogenase: a dispensable function in ectomycorrhizal fungi. New Phytol. 2006;169:179-89 pubmed
- Henry S, Bru D, Stres B, Hallet S, Philippot L. Quantitative detection of the nosZ gene, encoding nitrous oxide reductase, and comparison of the abundances of 16S rRNA, narG, nirK, and nosZ genes in soils. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:5181-9 pubmed..The two sets of nosZ primers gave similar gene copy numbers for all tested soils. The maximum abundance of nosZ and nirK relative to 16S rRNA was 5 to 6%, confirming the low proportion of denitrifiers to total bacteria in soils...
- Lothier J, Lasseur B, Le Roy K, Van Laere A, Prud homme M, Barre P, et al. Cloning, gene mapping, and functional analysis of a fructan 1-exohydrolase (1-FEH) from Lolium perenne implicated in fructan synthesis rather than in fructan mobilization. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:1969-83 pubmed
- Garcel A, Crance J, Drillien R, Garin D, Favier A. Genomic sequence of a clonal isolate of the vaccinia virus Lister strain employed for smallpox vaccination in France and its comparison to other orthopoxviruses. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1906-16 pubmed..These studies highlight the heterogeneity between VACV strains and provide a basis to better understand differences in safety and efficacy of smallpox vaccines. ..
- Cordaux R, Paces Fessy M, Raimond M, Michel Salzat A, Zimmer M, Bouchon D. Molecular characterization and evolution of arthropod-pathogenic Rickettsiella bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:5045-7 pubmed..Therefore, the genus Rickettsiella as a whole (not just Rickettsiella grylli) should be classified among the Gammaproteobacteria instead of the Alphaproteobacteria...
- Robin A, Mazurier S, Mougel C, Vansuyt G, Corberand T, Meyer J, et al. Diversity of root-associated fluorescent pseudomonads as affected by ferritin overexpression in tobacco. Environ Microbiol. 2007;9:1724-37 pubmed
- Bonhomme M, Doxiadis G, Heijmans C, Vervoort V, Otting N, Bontrop R, et al. Genomic plasticity of the immune-related Mhc class I B region in macaque species. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:514 pubmed publisher..Therefore, evolutionary inferences based on the multiplicated MIB loci but also other markers close to B-genes appear to be promising for the study of B-region organization and evolution in primates. ..
- Blein T, Pulido A, Vialette Guiraud A, Nikovics K, Morin H, Hay A, et al. A conserved molecular framework for compound leaf development. Science. 2008;322:1835-9 pubmed publisher..This domain has a dual role promoting leaflet separation locally and leaflet formation at distance. In this manner, boundaries of compound leaves resemble boundaries functioning during animal development...
- Vialatte A, Guiller A, Bellido A, Madec L. Phylogeography and historical demography of the Lusitanian snail Elona quimperiana reveal survival in unexpected separate glacial refugia. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:339 pubmed publisher..By harboring distinct haplotypes, the Basque Country populations appear to be of great importance in terms of potential adaptation, long term persistence and hence, the conservation of E. quimperiana. ..
- Darras S, Gerhart J, Terasaki M, Kirschner M, Lowe C. ?-catenin specifies the endomesoderm and defines the posterior organizer of the hemichordate Saccoglossus kowalevskii. Development. 2011;138:959-70 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the definition of the vegetal and the posterior regions of the embryo by ?-catenin should be distinguished and carefully re-examined...
- Darracq A, Varré J, Marechal Drouard L, Courseaux A, Castric V, Saumitou Laprade P, et al. Structural and content diversity of mitochondrial genome in beet: a comparative genomic analysis. Genome Biol Evol. 2011;3:723-36 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that male sterility emergence might have been favored by faster rates of evolution, unless CMS itself caused faster evolution. ..
- Toffano Nioche C, Nguyen A, Kuchly C, Ott A, Gautheret D, Bouloc P, et al. Transcriptomic profiling of the oyster pathogen Vibrio splendidus opens a window on the evolutionary dynamics of the small RNA repertoire in the Vibrio genus. RNA. 2012;18:2201-19 pubmed publisher..cholerae. Finally, we identified 28 trans sRNAs that are conserved in all the Vibrio genus species for which a complete genome sequence is available, possibly forming a Vibrio "sRNA core."..
- Gaboyer F, Tindall B, Ciobanu M, Duthoit F, Le Romancer M, Alain K. Phaeobacter leonis sp. nov., an alphaproteobacterium from Mediterranean Sea sediments. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:3301-6 pubmed publisher..Strain 306(T) therefore represents a novel species, for which the name Phaeobacter leonis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is 306(T) (?=DSM 25627(T)?=CIP 110369(T)?=UBOCC 3187(T))...
- Lavocat F, Deny P, Pichoud C, Al Hawajri N, Kitrinos K, Borroto Esoda K, et al. Similar evolution of hepatitis B virus quasispecies in patients with incomplete adefovir response receiving tenofovir/emtricitabine combination or tenofovir monotherapy. J Hepatol. 2013;59:684-95 pubmed publisher..TDF monotherapy and FTC/TDF combination therapy had a comparable impact on QS evolution. ..
- Bennett E, Champlot S, Peters J, Arbuckle B, Guimaraes S, Pruvost M, et al. Taming the late Quaternary phylogeography of the Eurasiatic wild ass through ancient and modern DNA. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174216 pubmed publisher..In addition, appropriately placing extant relict populations into a broader phylogeographic and genetic context can better inform ongoing conservation strategies for this highly-endangered species. ..
- Bigot D, Dalmon A, Roy B, Hou C, Germain M, Romary M, et al. The discovery of Halictivirus resolves the Sinaivirus phylogeny. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:2864-2875 pubmed publisher..Lastly, wide honey bee screening showed that all four LSV clades have worldwide distributions with no obvious geographical segregation...
- Guedon G, Bourgoin F, Pebay M, Roussel Y, Colmin C, Simonet J, et al. Characterization and distribution of two insertion sequences, IS1191 and iso-IS981, in Streptococcus thermophilus: does intergeneric transfer of insertion sequences occur in lactic acid bacteria co-cultures?. Mol Microbiol. 1995;16:69-78 pubmed..The distribution of these insertion sequences in L. lactis and S. thermophilus strains suggests that intergeneric transfers occur during cocultures used in the manufacture of cheese. ..
- Dufaure J, Lareyre J, Schwaab V, Mattei M, Drevet J. Structural organization, chromosomal localization, expression and phylogenetic evaluation of mouse glutathione peroxidase encoding genes. C R Acad Sci III. 1996;319:559-68 pubmed..Phylogenetic evaluation of the sequence information, as well as the chromosomal localizations, suggest that the GPX genes have evolved by duplication events followed by random insertions from a single ancestral gene. ..
- Sage J, Yuan L, Martin L, Mattei M, Guenet J, Liu J, et al. The Sycp1 loci of the mouse genome: successive retropositions of a meiotic gene during the recent evolution of the genus. Genomics. 1997;44:118-26 pubmed..Transposition of retrotranscripts during meiosis and their hereditary establishment thus appear to occur relatively frequently. They may, therefore, play a significant role in the evolutionary process. ..
- Apoil P, Blancher A. Sequences and evolution of mammalian RH gene transcripts and proteins. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:15-25 pubmed..The cDNA sequences were compared with those previously reported in human, nonhuman primates, and cattle. The time of coalescence of mammalian Rh cDNA sequences was estimated by phylogenetic analysis to be 100 million years. ..
- Bousalem M, Douzery E, Fargette D. High genetic diversity, distant phylogenetic relationships and intraspecies recombination events among natural populations of Yam mosaic virus: a contribution to understanding potyvirus evolution. J Gen Virol. 2000;81:243-55 pubmed..We hypothesise an African origin of YMV from the yam complex D. cayenensis-D. rotundata, followed by independent transfers to D. alata and D. trifida during virus evolution. ..
- Berge O, Guinebretiere M, Achouak W, Normand P, Heulin T. Paenibacillus graminis sp. nov. and Paenibacillus odorifer sp. nov., isolated from plant roots, soil and food. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2002;52:607-16 pubmed..nov. (type strain RSA19T = ATCC BAA-95T = LMG 19080T) and Paenibacillus odorifer sp. nov. (type strain TOD45T = ATCC BAA-93T = LMG 19079T) are proposed...
- Raoult D, Audic S, Robert C, Abergel C, Renesto P, Ogata H, et al. The 1.2-megabase genome sequence of Mimivirus. Science. 2004;306:1344-50 pubmed..This new sequence data might help shed a new light on the origin of DNA viruses and their role in the early evolution of eukaryotes. ..
- Bastien O, Ortet P, Roy S, Maréchal E. A configuration space of homologous proteins conserving mutual information and allowing a phylogeny inference based on pair-wise Z-score probabilities. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:49 pubmed..The CSHP and its assigned phylogenetic topology, provide a powerful and easily updated representation for massive pair-wise genome comparisons based on Z-score computations. ..
- Barnabe C, Tibayrenc M, Marcondes C. Genetic characterization of Trypanosoma cruzi natural clones from the state of Paraíba, Brazil. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2005;100:273-5 pubmed..The pattern of clonal variation does not suggests a recent origin by founder effect with a limited number of different genotypes...
- Ferron F, Bussetta C, Dutartre H, Canard B. The modeled structure of the RNA dependent RNA polymerase of GBV-C virus suggests a role for motif E in Flaviviridae RNA polymerases. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:255 pubmed..The resulting model suggests a new proposition for the mechanism of RNA synthesis, and may prove useful to design new experiments to implement our knowledge on the initiation mechanism of RNA polymerases. ..
- Sorokin A, Candelon B, Guilloux K, Galleron N, Wackerow Kouzova N, Ehrlich S, et al. Multiple-locus sequence typing analysis of Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis reveals separate clustering and a distinct population structure of psychrotrophic strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1569-78 pubmed publisher..B. weihenstephanensis (cluster W) strains appear to comprise an effectively sexual population, whereas Bacillus thuringiensis (cluster T) and B. cereus (cluster C) have clonal population structures...
- Schubert M, Escriva H, Xavier Neto J, Laudet V. Amphioxus and tunicates as evolutionary model systems. Trends Ecol Evol. 2006;21:269-77 pubmed..We also review the two major groups of invertebrate chordates and compare relative advantages (and disadvantages) of each as model systems for elucidating the origin of the vertebrates...
- Vial L, Durand P, Arnathau C, Halos L, Diatta G, Trape J, et al. Molecular divergences of the Ornithodoros sonrai soft tick species, a vector of human relapsing fever in West Africa. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:2605-11 pubmed..sonrai and B. crocidurae. However, differences in infection rates were significant, suggesting different vector competences between subgroups of O. sonrai...
- Gerard P, Fernandez Manjarres J, Frascaria Lacoste N. Temporal cline in a hybrid zone population between Fraxinus excelsior L. and Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl. Mol Ecol. 2006;15:3655-67 pubmed..We discuss the impact of temporal variation in fitness traits and their possible role in the maintenance of the hybrid zone...
- Nicolas P, Bessières P, Ehrlich S, Maguin E, van de Guchte M. Extensive horizontal transfer of core genome genes between two Lactobacillus species found in the gastrointestinal tract. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:141 pubmed..For future studies, our results should encourage a careful weighing of data on phylogenetic tree topology, confidence and distribution to conclude on the absence or presence and extent of horizontal gene transfer. ..
- Dias M, Salvado J, Monperrus M, Caumette P, Amouroux D, Duran R, et al. Characterization of Desulfomicrobium salsuginis sp. nov. and Desulfomicrobium aestuarii sp. nov., two new sulfate-reducing bacteria isolated from the Adour estuary (French Atlantic coast) with specific mercury methylation potentials. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2008;31:30-7 pubmed..nov., and strain ADR26 as the type strain of the species Desulfomicrobium aestuarii sp. nov. ..
- Berge O, Lodhi A, Brandelet G, Santaella C, Roncato M, Christen R, et al. Rhizobium alamii sp. nov., an exopolysaccharide-producing species isolated from legume and non-legume rhizospheres. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:367-72 pubmed publisher..thaliana and Rhizobium strains YAS34 and USDA 1920 constitute a novel species within the genus Rhizobium, for which the name Rhizobium alamii sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is GBV016(T) (=CFBP 7146(T) =LMG 24466(T)). ..
- Magro A, Lecompte E, Magne F, Hemptinne J, Crouau Roy B. Phylogeny of ladybirds (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae): are the subfamilies monophyletic?. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;54:833-48 pubmed publisher..The tribe Chilocorini is identified as the sister-group of the Coccinellinae for the first time. ..
- Plener L, Manfredi P, Valls M, Genin S. PrhG, a transcriptional regulator responding to growth conditions, is involved in the control of the type III secretion system regulon in Ralstonia solanacearum. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:1011-9 pubmed publisher..solanacearum grows parasitically inside the plant. The cross talk between pathogenicity regulatory proteins and environmental signals described here denotes that an intricate network is at the basis of the bacterial disease program. ..
- Mallet L, Becq J, Deschavanne P. Whole genome evaluation of horizontal transfers in the pathogenic fungus Aspergillus fumigatus. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:171 pubmed publisher..The biological mechanisms underlying those transfers remain to be elucidated as well as the biological functions of the transferred genes. ..
- Levasseur A, Saloheimo M, Navarro D, Andberg M, Pontarotti P, Kruus K, et al. Exploring laccase-like multicopper oxidase genes from the ascomycete Trichoderma reesei: a functional, phylogenetic and evolutionary study. BMC Biochem. 2010;11:32 pubmed publisher..reesei. Homologous production and evolutionary studies of the first LMCO from the biomass-degrading fungus T. reesei gives new insights into the physicochemical parameters and biodiversity in this family. ..
- D Hont A, Denoeud F, Aury J, Baurens F, Carreel F, Garsmeur O, et al. The banana (Musa acuminata) genome and the evolution of monocotyledonous plants. Nature. 2012;488:213-7 pubmed publisher..As such, it clarifies commelinid-monocotyledon phylogenetic relationships, reveals Poaceae-specific features and has led to the discovery of conserved non-coding sequences predating monocotyledon-eudicotyledon divergence...
- Chowdhury R, Sekirnik R, Brissett N, Krojer T, Ho C, Ng S, et al. Ribosomal oxygenases are structurally conserved from prokaryotes to humans. Nature. 2014;510:422-426 pubmed publisher..This coordination flexibility has probably contributed to the evolution of the wide range of reactions catalysed by oxygenases. ..
- Desprez T, Vernhettes S, Fagard M, Refregier G, Desnos T, Aletti E, et al. Resistance against herbicide isoxaben and cellulose deficiency caused by distinct mutations in same cellulose synthase isoform CESA6. Plant Physiol. 2002;128:482-90 pubmed..Together, these observations are compatible with a model in which CESA6 and CESA3 are active as a protein complex. ..
- Philippot L. Denitrifying genes in bacterial and Archaeal genomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:355-76 pubmed..In addition, some evolutionary relationships between the structural genes are presented. ..
- Charrier B, Champion A, Henry Y, Kreis M. Expression profiling of the whole Arabidopsis shaggy-like kinase multigene family by real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:577-90 pubmed..Conversely, AtSK13 responded to osmotic changes and saline treatment, whereas AtSK31 was flower specific and responded to osmotic changes and darkness. ..
- Vanoosthuyse V, Tichtinsky G, Dumas C, Gaude T, Cock J. Interaction of calmodulin, a sorting nexin and kinase-associated protein phosphatase with the Brassica oleracea S locus receptor kinase. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:919-29 pubmed publisher..The sorting nexin also interacted with diverse members of the PRK family, suggesting that all three of the interacting proteins described here may play a general role in signal transduction by this family of proteins...
- Navarro Gochicoa M, Camut S, Timmers A, Niebel A, Herve C, Boutet E, et al. Characterization of four lectin-like receptor kinases expressed in roots of Medicago truncatula. Structure, location, regulation of expression, and potential role in the symbiosis with Sinorhizobium meliloti. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1893-910 pubmed..Roots expressing this fusion protein however showed an increase in nodule number, suggesting that expression of MtLecRK1;1 influences nodulation. The potential role of LecRKs in the legume-rhizobia symbiosis is discussed...
- Lavire C, Blaha D, Cournoyer B. Selection of unusual actinomycetal primary sigma70 factors by plant-colonizing Frankia strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:991-8 pubmed..At least seven distinct paralogous lineages were observed among this radiation, and gene transfers were detected in the HrdB actinomycetal lineage...
- Tavernier G, Jimenez M, Giacobino J, Hulo N, Lafontan M, Muzzin P, et al. Norepinephrine induces lipolysis in beta1/beta2/beta3-adrenoceptor knockout mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;68:793-9 pubmed..We conclude that the residual lipolytic effect observed in beta-less mice can be attributed to an unknown Gs-protein-coupled receptor with low affinity for catecholamines. ..
- Atoui A, Dao H, Mathieu F, Lebrihi A. Amplification and diversity analysis of ketosynthase domains of putative polyketide synthase genes in Aspergillus ochraceus and Aspergillus carbonarius producers of ochratoxin A. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006;50:488-93 pubmed..carbonarius 2Mu134 have been identified. The identified KS fragments were distributed in five different clusters on the phylogenetic tree, indicating that they most probably represent PKSs responsible for different functions...
- Jouannic S, Collin M, Vidal B, Verdeil J, Tregear J. A class I KNOX gene from the palm species Elaeis guineensis (Arecaceae) is associated with meristem function and a distinct mode of leaf dissection. New Phytol. 2007;174:551-68 pubmed publisher..Different modes of leaf dissection are seen to involve a similar class of genes to control meristematic activities, which govern the production of dissected morphologies...