Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Argentina
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Mistchenko A, Viegas M, Latta M, Barrero P. Molecular and epidemiologic analysis of enterovirus B neurological infection in Argentine children. J Clin Virol. 2006;37:293-9 pubmed..We showed that HEV are responsible for a considerable proportion of hospitalizations in children with central nervous system compromise reaching 27% of overall etiology. ..
- Gomes K, Stupka J, Gomez J, Parra G. Molecular characterization of calicivirus strains detected in outbreaks of gastroenteritis in Argentina. J Med Virol. 2007;79:1703-9 pubmed..To our knowledge, this study constitutes the first report of molecular epidemiology of human Caliciviruses associated to gastroenteritis outbreaks in Argentina and the circulation of GIIb and GIV-1 strains in South-America. ..
- Tauro L, Rivarola M, Lucca E, MariÃ±o B, Mazzini R, Cardoso J, et al. First isolation of Bunyamwera virus (Bunyaviridae family) from horses with neurological disease and an abortion in Argentina. Vet J. 2015;206:111-4 pubmed publisher..This isolation of BUNV from domestic animals provided the first association of BUNV infection with disease of the central nervous system and abortion in equines in Argentina. ..
- Bagnato C, Prados M, Franchini G, Scaglia N, Miranda S, Beligni M. Analysis of triglyceride synthesis unveils a green algal soluble diacylglycerol acyltransferase and provides clues to potential enzymatic components of the chloroplast pathway. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:223 pubmed publisher..Our analysis contributes to advance in the knowledge of complex superfamilies involved in lipid metabolism and provides clues to possible enzymatic players of chloroplast TAG synthesis. ..
- Parussini F, García M, Mucci J, Aguero F, Sanchez D, Hellman U, et al. Characterization of a lysosomal serine carboxypeptidase from Trypanosoma cruzi. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2003;131:11-23 pubmed..This is the first report of an S10 family enzyme in trypanosomatids. The presence of serine carboxypeptidases is not restricted to T. cruzi, being possibly a general character of trypanosomatids. ..
- Craig M, Venzano A, Konig G, Morris W, Jimenez L, Julia S, et al. Detection of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) nucleic acid and antigen in different organs of water buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). Res Vet Sci. 2008;85:194-6 pubmed..Further studies are needed to clarify the pathogenic role of BVDV infection in this animal species, and the role of buffaloes in the epidemiology of BVDV infection...
- Ituarte C, Bagnato E, Siddall M, Cremonte F. A new species of Haplosporidium Caullery & Mesnil, 1899 in the marine false limpet Siphonaria lessonii (Gastropoda: Siphonariidae) from Patagonia. Syst Parasitol. 2014;88:63-73 pubmed publisher..Siphonaria lessonii is the only known host to date. ..
- Gonzalez R, Higa L, Cutrullis R, Bilen M, Morelli I, Roncaglia D, et al. Archaeosomes made of Halorubrum tebenquichense total polar lipids: a new source of adjuvancy. BMC Biotechnol. 2009;9:71 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that archaeosomes prepared with TPL from these two strains could be successfully used as vaccine delivery vehicles. ..
- Pozner R, Zanotti C, Johnson L. Evolutionary origin of the Asteraceae capitulum: Insights from Calyceraceae. Am J Bot. 2012;99:1-13 pubmed publisher..We also discuss possible remnants of the ancestral cephalioid structure in some Asteraceae. ..
- Nuñez P, Soria M, Farber M. The twin-arginine translocation pathway in ?-proteobacteria is functionally preserved irrespective of genomic and regulatory divergence. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33605 pubmed publisher..In addition, the predicted substrates might be the evidence of role of the Tat translocation system in the transition process from a free-living to a parasitic lifestyle in these ?-proteobacteria. ..
- Rosetti N, Remis M. Spatial genetic structure and mitochondrial DNA phylogeography of Argentinean populations of the grasshopper Dichroplus elongatus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40807 pubmed publisher..elongatus studied range. ..
- Pérez Brandan C, Padilla A, Diosque P, Basombrío M. Trypanosoma cruzi: infectivity modulation of a clone after passages through different hosts. Exp Parasitol. 2006;114:89-93 pubmed..05). The clone line displayed similar random amplified polymorphic DNA patterns before and after passages in different hosts suggesting that alterations in virulence could be a result of a differential expression of virulence factors. ..
- De Gaudenzi J, Frasch A, Clayton C. RNA-binding domain proteins in Kinetoplastids: a comparative analysis. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:2106-14 pubmed
- Posadas D, Martin F, Sabio y García J, Spera J, Delpino M, Baldi P, et al. The TolC homologue of Brucella suis is involved in resistance to antimicrobial compounds and virulence. Infect Immun. 2007;75:379-89 pubmed..Moreover, the B. suis bepC mutant was attenuated in the mouse model of infection. Taken together, these results suggest that BepC-dependent efflux processes of toxic compounds contribute to B. suis survival inside the host...
- Eirin M, Dilernia D, Berini C, Jones L, Pando M, Biglione M. Divergent strains of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) within the Cosmopolitan subtype in Argentina. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008;24:1237-44 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings show that HTLV-1 Cosmopolitan subtype Transcontinental subgroup A is infecting residents of Buenos Aires, a nonendemic area of Argentina, and confirm the introduction of divergent strains in the country. ..
- Cura C, Mejia Jaramillo A, Duffy T, Burgos J, Rodriguero M, Cardinal M, et al. Trypanosoma cruzi I genotypes in different geographical regions and transmission cycles based on a microsatellite motif of the intergenic spacer of spliced-leader genes. Int J Parasitol. 2010;40:1599-607 pubmed publisher..infestans from Paraguay, Rhodnius nasutus and Rhodnius neglectus from Brazil and M. spinolai and M. gajardoi from Chile are to our knowledge described for the first time. ..
- Goldman C, Matteo M, Loureiro J, Almuzara M, Barberis C, Vay C, et al. Novel gastric helicobacters and oral campylobacters are present in captive and wild cetaceans. Vet Microbiol. 2011;152:138-45 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Helicobacter and Campylobacter species are commonly distributed in marine mammals, and identify taxonomic clusters that may represent novel species. ..
- Chiani Y, Jacob P, Varni V, Landolt N, Schmeling M, Pujato N, et al. Isolation and clinical sample typing of human leptospirosis cases in Argentina. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;37:245-51 pubmed publisher..This study also allowed, for the first time, the characterization of isolates of intermediate pathogenicity species (L. wolffii and L. broomii) from symptomatic patients. ..
- Jones L, Weber E. Homologous recombination in bovine pestiviruses. Phylogenetic and statistic evidence. Infect Genet Evol. 2004;4:335-43 pubmed..This evidence demonstrates that homologous recombination contribute to the diversification of bovine pestiviruses in nature. Implications for virus evolution, taxonomy and phylogenetics are discussed. ..
- Almuzara M, Barberis C, Traglia G, Ordoñez A, Famiglietti A, Ramirez M, et al. Isolation of Kerstersia gyiorum from a patient with cholesteatomatous chronic otitis media. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:3809-11 pubmed publisher..We emphasize the isolation of members of the family Alcaligenaceae in serious infections and unusual sites and the importance of polyphasic identification addressing the definitive identification...
- Figuerola E, Guerrero L, Rosa S, Simonetti L, Duval M, Galantini J, et al. Bacterial indicator of agricultural management for soil under no-till crop production. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51075 pubmed publisher..non-sustainable agricultural practices in the Pampa region. ..
- de Souza F, Franchini L, Rubinstein M. Exaptation of transposable elements into novel cis-regulatory elements: is the evidence always strong?. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:1239-51 pubmed publisher..Finally, we suggest experimental approaches that may help attributing higher-order functions to candidate exapted TEs. ..
- Barrera G, Villamizar L, Espinel C, Quintero E, Belaich M, Toloza D, et al. Identification of Diatraea spp. (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) based on cytochrome oxidase II. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184053 pubmed publisher..This experimental approach allows properly recognizing each species and in consequence is proposed as an effective tool in Diatraea species identification. ..
- Barrero P, Grippo J, Viegas M, Mistchenko A. Wild-type measles virus in brain tissue of children with subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, Argentina. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1333-6 pubmed
- Pavan M, Franco R, Rodriguez J, Gadaleta P, Abbott S, Janda J, et al. Phylogenetic relationships of the genus Kluyvera: transfer of Enterobacter intermedius Izard et al. 1980 to the genus Kluyvera as Kluyvera intermedia comb. nov. and reclassification of Kluyvera cochleae as a later synonym of K. intermedia. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:437-42 pubmed..Nomenclatural priority goes to the oldest legitimate epithet. Consequently, Kluyvera cochleae Muller et al. 1996 is a later synonym of Kluyvera intermedia (Izard et al. 1980) Pavan et al. 2005...
- Stenglein S, Rodriguero M, Chandler E, Jennings P, Salerno G, Nicholson P. Phylogenetic relationships of Fusarium poae based on EF-1 alpha and mtSSU sequences. Fungal Biol. 2010;114:96-106 pubmed publisher..poae isolates, and that the acquisition of this insert occurred after geographic isolation of the Argentinian and European populations. ..
- Rinaldi J, Wu J, Yang J, Ralston C, Sankaran B, Moreno S, et al. Structure of yeast regulatory subunit: a glimpse into the evolution of PKA signaling. Structure. 2010;18:1471-82 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis shows that structural differences in Bcy1 are shared by fungi of the subphylum Saccharomycotina. ..
- Tomazic M, Najle S, Nusblat A, Uttaro A, Nudel C. A novel sterol desaturase-like protein promoting dealkylation of phytosterols in Tetrahymena thermophila. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:423-34 pubmed publisher..Sterol analysis upon culture with various substrates and inhibitors indicate that the removal of the C-24 ethyl group in Tetrahymena may proceed by a mechanism different from the one currently known. ..
- Campagna L, Benites P, Lougheed S, Lijtmaer D, Di Giacomo A, Eaton M, et al. Rapid phenotypic evolution during incipient speciation in a continental avian radiation. Proc Biol Sci. 2012;279:1847-56 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss how the ecology of open habitats in South America during the Pleistocene could have helped promote this unique and ongoing radiation. ..
- Salomon O, Acardi S, Liotta D, Fernandez M, Lestani E, López D, et al. Epidemiological aspects of cutaneous leishmaniasis in the Iguazú falls area of Argentina. Acta Trop. 2009;109:5-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, the risk of periurban transmission seems likely, and this is discussed within the framework of surveillance and prevention strategies...
- Rasuk M, FernÃ¡ndez A, Kurth D, Contreras M, Novoa F, PoirÃ© D, et al. Bacterial Diversity in Microbial Mats and Sediments from the Atacama Desert. Microb Ecol. 2016;71:44-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the large proportion of 16S rRNA gene sequences that could not be classified at the level of phylum indicates potential new phyla present in these ecosystems. ..
- Delsuc F, Gibb G, Kuch M, Billet G, Hautier L, Southon J, et al. The phylogenetic affinities of the extinct glyptodonts. Curr Biol. 2016;26:R155-6 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the derived nature of the glyptodont morphotype, one aspect of which is a spectacular increase in body size until their extinction at the end of the last ice age. ..
- Garcia B, Moriyama E, Powell J. Mitochondrial DNA sequences of triatomines (Hemiptera: Reduviidae): phylogenetic relationships. J Med Entomol. 2001;38:675-83 pubmed..mazzottii. This is consistent with the tentative classification previously made based on morphological characters. The issue of the monophyly of the genus Triatoma remains unresolved. ..
- Goñi S, Iserte J, Ambrosio A, Romanowski V, Ghiringhelli P, Lozano M. Genomic features of attenuated Junín virus vaccine strain candidate. Virus Genes. 2006;32:37-41 pubmed..These changes could be provisionally associated with the attenuated phenotype. In contrast, Z ORF was completely conserved among all strains...
- Schijman A, Lauricella M, Marcet P, Duffy T, Cardinal M, Bisio M, et al. Differential detection of Blastocrithidia triatomae and Trypanosoma cruzi by amplification of 24salpha ribosomal RNA genes in faeces of sylvatic triatomine species from rural northwestern Argentina. Acta Trop. 2006;99:50-4 pubmed..This PCR procedure provides a rapid sensitive tool for differential diagnosis of morphologically similar trypanosomatids in field surveys of Chagas disease vectors and laboratory-reared triatomines used for xenodiagnosis. ..
- Alvarez A, Catalano S, Amoroso M. Heavy metal resistant strains are widespread along Streptomyces phylogeny. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;66:1083-8 pubmed publisher..Our result in combination with genomic, physiological and biochemical data suggest that the resistance to heavy metals originated several times and by different mechanisms in Streptomyces history. ..
- Lam D, de Souza F, Nasif S, Yamashita M, López Leal R, Otero Corchon V, et al. Partially redundant enhancers cooperatively maintain Mammalian pomc expression above a critical functional threshold. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004935 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrates that enhancer redundancy can be used by genes that control adult physiology in mammals and underlines the potential significance of regulatory sequence mutations in common diseases. ..
- Ojanguren Affilastro A, Adilardi R, Cajade R, Ramírez M, Ceccarelli F, Mola L. Multiple approaches to understanding the taxonomic status of an enigmatic new scorpion species of the genus Tityus (Buthidae) from the biogeographic island of Paraje Tres Cerros (Argentina). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181337 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a cytogenetic analysis is presented for these two species which contain different multivalent associations in meiosis, as a consequence of chromosome rearrangements, and the highest chromosome numbers in the genus. ..
- Palacios G, Casas I, Cisterna D, Trallero G, Tenorio A, Freire C. Molecular epidemiology of echovirus 30: temporal circulation and prevalence of single lineages. J Virol. 2002;76:4940-9 pubmed..This pattern of evolution is clearly different from that of other enteroviruses. A single lineage at a time appears to be circulating worldwide. This behavior may be related to the epidemic activity of EV30. ..
- Clemente M, de Miguel N, Lia V, Matrajt M, Angel S. Structure analysis of two Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum satellite DNA families and evolution of their common monomeric sequence. J Mol Evol. 2004;58:557-67 pubmed..The region bordering the Sat350 repeats contained two differentially expressed sequence-related regions and interstitial telomeric sequences. ..
- Martínez Zamora M, Castagnaro A, Diaz Ricci J. Isolation and diversity analysis of resistance gene analogues (RGAs) from cultivated and wild strawberries. Mol Genet Genomics. 2004;272:480-7 pubmed..The present paper is the first report on RGAs in strawberry. ..
- Dist fano A, Hopp H, del Vas M. Sequence analysis of genome segments S5 and S10 of Mal de Rio Cuarto virus (Fijivirus, Reoviridae). Arch Virol. 2005;150:1241-8 pubmed publisher..The protein coded by MRCV S10 had identity levels of 72.4% and 21.7% to the major outer capsid proteins of fijiviruses RBSDV S10 and NLRV S8...
- Viegas M, Mistchenko A. Molecular epidemiology of human respiratory syncytial virus subgroup A over a six-year period (1999-2004) in Argentina. J Med Virol. 2005;77:302-10 pubmed..The data reported here support the growing database on the molecular diversity of HRSVA circulating in Latin America in children under 2 years of age and contributes to describe the pattern of global spread of this virus. ..
- König G, Palma E, Maradei E, Piccone M. Molecular epidemiology of foot-and-mouth disease virus types A and O isolated in Argentina during the 2000-2002 epizootic. Vet Microbiol. 2007;124:1-15 pubmed..Comparison of the amino acid sequences with vaccine reference strains revealed differences at critical antigenic sites for emergent strains A/Arg/00 and A/Arg/01, leading to a change in the current vaccine formulation. ..
- Munné M, Vladimirsky S, Moreiro R, Ciocca M, Cuarterolo M, Otegui L, et al. Molecular characterization of hepatitis A virus in children with fulminant hepatic failure in Argentina. Liver Int. 2008;28:47-53 pubmed..Universal vaccination in 1-year-old children was implemented in June 2005. The limited studies about the correlation between the characteristics of the hepatitis A virus (HAV) and FHF have been carried out in adults...
- Goldman C, Matteo M, Loureiro J, Degrossi J, Teves S, Heredia S, et al. Detection of Helicobacter and Campylobacter spp. from the aquatic environment of marine mammals. Vet Microbiol. 2009;133:287-91 pubmed publisher..The findings of Helicobacter spp. DNA in the aquatic environment suggests that contaminated water from regurgitated fish otoliths and perhaps other tissues may play a role in Helicobacter transmission among marine mammals. ..
- País S, González M, Téllez Iñón M, Capiati D. Characterization of potato (Solanum tuberosum) and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) protein phosphatases type 2A catalytic subunits and their involvement in stress responses. Planta. 2009;230:13-25 pubmed publisher..However, the differences found in the expression profiles between potato and tomato suggest divergent roles of PP2A in the plant defense mechanisms against stress in these closely related species. ..
- Iannone L, Cabral D, Schardl C, Rossi M. Phylogenetic divergence, morphological and physiological differences distinguish a new Neotyphodium endophyte species in the grass Bromus auleticus from South America. Mycologia. 2009;101:340-51 pubmed..tembladerae, whereas the endophytes from the humid pampa plains conformed to the novel group. We propose the endophyte of Bromus auleticus from humid pampas as a new species, Neotyphodium pampeanum...
- Arana M, Gallo L, Vendramin G, Pastorino M, Sebastiani F, Marchelli P. High genetic variation in marginal fragmented populations at extreme climatic conditions of the Patagonian Cypress Austrocedrus chilensis. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;54:941-9 pubmed publisher..These results are discussed in relation to patterns of genetic variation found for other temperate species and the contribution of the particular southern Andes topography and climate to post-glacial spread. ..
- Guardia C, Gauto D, Di Lella S, Rabinovich G, Marti M, Estrin D. An integrated computational analysis of the structure, dynamics, and ligand binding interactions of the human galectin network. J Chem Inf Model. 2011;51:1918-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results may contribute to the understanding, at a molecular level, of the structural and dynamical determinants that distinguish individual human galectins. ..
- Do Nascimento M, Dublan M, Ortiz Marquez J, Curatti L. High lipid productivity of an Ankistrodesmus-Rhizobium artificial consortium. Bioresour Technol. 2013;146:400-407 pubmed publisher..The resulting biomass presented significant levels of Î©3 fatty acids including stearidonic acid, suggesting potential as an alternative land-based source of essential fatty acids. ..
- Vlasova A, Capella GutiÃ©rrez S, RendÃ³n Anaya M, HernÃ¡ndez OÃ±ate M, Minoche A, Erb I, et al. Genome and transcriptome analysis of the Mesoamerican common bean and the role of gene duplications in establishing tissue and temporal specialization of genes. Genome Biol. 2016;17:32 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this information will allow the genetic dissection of the characters involved in the domestication and adaptation of the crop, and their further implementation in breeding strategies for this important crop. ..
- Ruiz Monachesi M, Lavilla E, Montero R. The Skull of Phyllomedusa sauvagii (Anura, Hylidae). Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2016;299:557-72 pubmed publisher..When comparing the skull morphology with the available information of other species of the genus, Phyllomesusa sauvagii skull resembles more that of P. vaillantii and P. venusta than P. atelopoides. ..
- Afonso C, Amarasinghe G, BÃ¡nyai K, BÃ o Y, Basler C, Bavari S, et al. Taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales: update 2016. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2351-60 pubmed publisher..This article presents the updated taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales as now accepted by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). ..
- Franco M, López S, Medina R, Lucentini C, Troncozo M, Pastorino G, et al. The mitochondrial genome of the plant-pathogenic fungus Stemphylium lycopersici uncovers a dynamic structure due to repetitive and mobile elements. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185545 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a mitochondrial genome belonging to a representative of the family Pleosporaceae...
- Soto G, Fox R, Ayub N, Alleva K, Guaimas F, Erijman E, et al. TIP5;1 is an aquaporin specifically targeted to pollen mitochondria and is probably involved in nitrogen remobilization in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2010;64:1038-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that TIP5;1 and TIP1;3 are involved in nitrogen recycling in pollen tubes of Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Antoni M, Delpiani S, Stewart A, GonzÃ¡lez Castro M, De Astarloa J. Merluccius tasmanicus Matallanas & Lloris 2006 is a junior synonym of M. australis (Hutton 1872) (Gadiformes: Merluciidae) based on morphological and molecular data. Zootaxa. 2015;3956:29-55 pubmed publisher..hubbsi and M. australis, none were observed between M. australis and those reported for M. tasmanicus. DNA barcoding analyses found no evidence of the existence of other species of Merluccius besides M. hubbsi and M. australis. ..
- Vitale R, de Hoog G, Schwarz P, Dannaoui E, Deng S, Machouart M, et al. Antifungal susceptibility and phylogeny of opportunistic members of the order mucorales. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:66-75 pubmed publisher..For species of critical genera such as Mucor and Rhizopus, exhibiting high intraspecific variation, susceptibility testing before the onset of therapy is recommended. ..
- Berneck B, Haddad C, Lyra M, Cruz C, Faivovich J. The Green Clade grows: A phylogenetic analysis of Aplastodiscus (Anura; Hylidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;97:213-223 pubmed publisher..We analyze, in light of our phylogenetic results, the evolution of reproductive biology and chromosome morphology in Aplastodiscus. ..
- Duffy T, Kleiman F, Pietrokovsky S, Issia L, Schijman A, Wisnivesky Colli C. Real-time PCR strategy for rapid discrimination among main lymnaeid species from Argentina. Acta Trop. 2009;109:1-4 pubmed publisher..This molecular approach constitutes a key laboratory tool complementing ecological studies that ultimately will promote more efficient control strategies. ..
- de Miguel N, Braun N, Bepperling A, Kriehuber T, Kastenmüller A, Buchner J, et al. Structural and functional diversity in the family of small heat shock proteins from the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1738-48 pubmed publisher..gondii sHsps is regulated by temperature with a decrease in temperature leading to the activation of chaperone activity, suggesting an adaption to specific steps of the parasite's life cycle. ..
- Lara E, Fernández L, Schiaffino M, Izaguirre I. First freshwater member ever reported for the family Bathycoccaceae (Chlorophyta; Archaeplastida) from Argentinean Patagonia revealed by environmental DNA survey. Eur J Protistol. 2017;60:45-49 pubmed publisher..We finally discuss the possible causes for the presence of this organism in Lake Musters. ..
- Calviño C, Martínez S, Downie S. The evolutionary history of Eryngium (Apiaceae, Saniculoideae): rapid radiations, long distance dispersals, and hybridizations. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;46:1129-50 pubmed publisher..The evolution of Eryngium combines a history of long distance dispersals, rapid radiations, and hybridization, culminating in the taxonomic complexity observed today in the genus. ..
- Barreda V, Palazzesi L, Katinas L, Crisci J, Tellería M, Bremer K, et al. An extinct Eocene taxon of the daisy family (Asteraceae): evolutionary, ecological and biogeographical implications. Ann Bot. 2012;109:127-34 pubmed publisher..This is the oldest well dated member of Asteraceae and perhaps the earliest indirect evidence for bird pollination in the family. ..
- Rascovan N, Maldonado J, Vazquez M, Eugenia FarÃas M. Metagenomic study of red biofilms from Diamante Lake reveals ancient arsenic bioenergetics in haloarchaea. ISME J. 2016;10:299-309 pubmed publisher..Our results give a broad new perspective on the haloarchaea metabolism and shed light on the evolutionary history of arsenic bioenergetics. ..
- Premoli A, Mathiasen P, Acosta M, Ramos V. Phylogeographically concordant chloroplast DNA divergence in sympatric Nothofagus s.s. How deep can it be?. New Phytol. 2012;193:261-75 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Nothofagus biogeography will be resolved only if thorough phylogeographic analyses and molecular dating methods are applied using distinct genetic markers. ..
- Tejerizo G, Del Papa M, Draghi W, Lozano M, Martini C, Salas M, et al. First genomic analysis of the broad-host-range Rhizobium sp. LPU83 strain, a member of the low-genetic diversity Oregon-like Rhizobium sp. group. J Biotechnol. 2011;155:3-10 pubmed publisher..The accessibility of the complete genomic sequence will release up more experimental possibilities since this information will then enable biochemical studies as well as proteomics and transcriptomics approaches...
- Rugnone M, Faigón Soverna A, Sanchez S, Schlaen R, Hernando C, Seymour D, et al. LNK genes integrate light and clock signaling networks at the core of the Arabidopsis oscillator. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:12120-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, LNK1 and LNK2 integrate early light signals with temporal information provided by core oscillator components to control the expression of afternoon genes, allowing plants to keep track of seasonal changes in day length. ..
- Sebastian P, Bottero M, Carvalho L, Mackenstedt U, Lareschi M, Venzal J, et al. Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in Ixodes cf. neuquenensis and Ixodes sigelos ticks from the Patagonian region of Argentina. Acta Trop. 2016;162:218-221 pubmed publisher..l. complex, and they were closely related to Borrelia chilensis, a genospecies isolated from Ixodes stilesi in Chile. The pathogenic relevance of the Borrelia genospecies detected in both I. neuquenensis and I. sigelos is unknown. ..
- Rodriguez S, Golemba M, Campos R, Trono K, Jones L. Bovine leukemia virus can be classified into seven genotypes: evidence for the existence of two novel clades. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2788-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, an extra genotype, which we named 7, may exist. Similarity comparisons were highly congruent with phylogenetic analyses. Furthermore, our analyses confirmed the existence of geographical clusters. ..
- Bellati J, Alleva K, Soto G, Vitali V, Jozefkowicz C, Amodeo G. Intracellular pH sensing is altered by plasma membrane PIP aquaporin co-expression. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;74:105-18 pubmed publisher..These results prove for the first time that PIP co-expression modulates the membrane water permeability through a pH regulatory response, enhancing in this way membrane versatility to adjust its water transfer capacity...
- Parisi G, Perales M, Fornasari M, Colaneri A, González Schain N, Gomez Casati D, et al. Gamma carbonic anhydrases in plant mitochondria. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:193-207 pubmed..Accordingly, we propose that photosynthetic eukaryotic organisms (green algae and plants) contain gammaCAs and that these enzymes codified by nuclear genes are imported into mitochondria to accomplish their biological function. ..
- Calderon M, Remorini P, Periolo O, Iglesias M, Mattion N, La Torre J. Detection by RT-PCR and genetic characterization of canine distemper virus from vaccinated and non-vaccinated dogs in Argentina. Vet Microbiol. 2007;125:341-9 pubmed
- Busi M, Bustamante C, D Angelo C, Hidalgo Cuevas M, Boggio S, Valle E, et al. MADS-box genes expressed during tomato seed and fruit development. Plant Mol Biol. 2003;52:801-15 pubmed..Yeast two-hybrid analyses indicate that some of these proteins could potentially form dimers suggesting they could act together to accomplish their proposed role. ..
- Acosta M, Premoli A. Evidence of chloroplast capture in South American Nothofagus (subgenus Nothofagus, Nothofagaceae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;54:235-42 pubmed publisher..This species-independent cpDNA phylogeographic structures within the subgenus Nothofagus may be related to repeated chloroplast capture events over geological time in Patagonia. ..
- Munné M, Vladimirsky S, Otegui L, Brajterman L, Castro R, Soto S, et al. [Molecular characterization of hepatitis E virus in three acute liver failure cases in children in Argentina]. Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam. 2006;36:125-30 pubmed
- Schnittger L, Rodriguez A, Florin Christensen M, Morrison D. Babesia: a world emerging. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:1788-809 pubmed publisher..Finally, recent results from population genetic studies of Babesia parasites, and their implications for the development of pathogenicity, drug resistance and vaccines, are summarized...
- Pereira A, Sterli J, Moreira F, Schrago C. Multilocus phylogeny and statistical biogeography clarify the evolutionary history of major lineages of turtles. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;113:59-66 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the biogeographical history of Pleurodira indicated a tight correlation with the paleogeography of the Gondwanan landmasses. ..
- Rojas M, Digiani M. First record of Mastophorus muris (Gmelin, 1790) (Nematoda: Spiruroidea) from a wild host in South America. Parasite. 2003;10:375-8 pubmed..This indicates an expansion of the distribution range of the species, which, in the subcontinent, was hitherto restricted to domestic rodents. ..
- Alemandri V, De Barro P, Bejerman N, Argüello Caro E, Dumón A, Mattio M, et al. Species within the Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) complex in soybean and bean crops in Argentina. J Econ Entomol. 2012;105:48-53 pubmed..These primers were either unable to distinguish between the two indigenous members of the complex in Argentina or indicated a difference when none was evident on the basis of mtCOI sequence comparison. ..