Experts and Doctors on photochemotherapy in Germany
- Mennel S, Hausmann N, Meyer C, Peter S. Photodynamic therapy for exudative hamartoma in tuberous sclerosis. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124:597-9 pubmed
- Löning M, Diddens H, Holl Ulrich K, Löning U, Küpker W, Diedrich K, et al. Fluorescence staining of human ovarian cancer tissue following application of 5-aminolevulinic acid: fluorescence microscopy studies. Lasers Surg Med. 2006;38:549-54 pubmed..On a microscopic scale, ALA-induced PP IX fluorescence is confined to ovarian cancer tumor tissue sparing stromal tissues. ..
- Deininger M, Weinschenk T, Morgalla M, Meyermann R, Schluesener H. Release of regulators of angiogenesis following Hypocrellin-A and -B photodynamic therapy of human brain tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;298:520-30 pubmed..However, VEGF release is also induced thus suggesting both favorable and deleterious effects on tumor outgrowth. ..
- Baumler W, Abels C, Karrer S, Weiss T, Messmann H, Landthaler M, et al. Photo-oxidative killing of human colonic cancer cells using indocyanine green and infrared light. Br J Cancer. 1999;80:360-3 pubmed..Therefore, ICG might present a promising photosensitizer for PDT; first clinical results confirm these findings. ..
- GrÃ¼nebaum J, SÃ¶bbing J, Mulac D, Langer K. Nanoparticulate carriers for photodynamic therapy of cholangiocarcinoma: In vitro comparison of various polymer-based nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2015;496:942-52 pubmed publisher..Problems like low solubility of free drug can be circumvented by successful embedding into nanoparticulate carrier systems, maintaining therapeutic effects of the photosensitizer. ..
- Babilas P, Travnik R, Werner A, Landthaler M, Szeimies R. Split-face-study using two different light sources for topical PDT of actinic keratoses:non-inferiority of the LED system. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2008;6:25-32 pubmed..LEDA-based MAL-PDT is an effective alternative for the treatment of atinic keratoses. The remission rates and cosmetic results are not inferior to PDT using incoherent light systems. Both treatment regimes are similarly painful. ..
- Gelisken F, Voelker M, Schwabe R, Besch D, Aisenbrey S, Szurman P, et al. Full macular translocation versus photodynamic therapy with verteporfin in the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration: 1-year results of a prospective, controlled, randomised pilot trial (FMT-PDT). Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:1085-95 pubmed..However, in the era of promising therapy with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor for neovascular AMD, FMT should not be offered as a standard primary procedure for neovascular AMD. ..
- Ellerkamp V, Bortel N, Schmid E, Kirchner B, Armeanu Ebinger S, Fuchs J. Photodynamic Therapy Potentiates the Effects of Curcumin on Pediatric Epithelial Liver Tumor Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3363-72 pubmed..001, two-way ANOVA). Significant ROS production was observed with PDT and curcumin. Phototherapy strongly enhances the anticancer properties of curcumin in pediatric solid liver tumors in vitro. ..
- Zoepf T, Jakobs R, Arnold J, Apel D, Riemann J. Palliation of nonresectable bile duct cancer: improved survival after photodynamic therapy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:2426-30 pubmed..PDT is minimally invasive but shows a considerable postinterventional cholangitis rate. PDT has the potential to result in a changeover of current palliative treatment of BDC. ..
- Schmidt Erfurth U, Elsner H, Terai N, Benecke A, Dahmen G, Michels S. Effects of verteporfin therapy on central visual field function. Ophthalmology. 2004;111:931-9 pubmed..Absolute and relative scotoma sizes remained smaller after therapy. This may influence reading ability and visual rehabilitation. ..
- Mennel S, Meyer C, Eggarter F, Peter S. Transient serous retinal detachment in classic and occult choroidal neovascularization after photodynamic therapy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:758-60 pubmed..The subretinal location possibly relates to an outer blood-retinal barrier breakdown after PDT. ..
- Jurklies B, Bornfeld N, Schilling H. Photodynamic therapy using verteporfin for choroidal neovascularization associated with angioid streaks--long-term effects. Ophthalmic Res. 2006;38:209-17 pubmed..To investigate the safety and efficacy of photodynamic therapy with verteporfin (PDT) in patients with choroidal neovascularization associated with angioid streaks (CNVAS)...
- Freitag L, Ernst A, Thomas M, Prenzel R, Wahlers B, Macha H. Sequential photodynamic therapy (PDT) and high dose brachytherapy for endobronchial tumour control in patients with limited bronchogenic carcinoma. Thorax. 2004;59:790-3 pubmed..We assessed the safety and effectiveness of combined brachytherapy and PDT in patients with bulky endobronchial lung cancer...
- Seitz G, Warmann S, Armeanu S, Heitmann H, Ruck P, Hoffman R, et al. In vitro photodynamic therapy of childhood rhabdomyosarcoma. Int J Oncol. 2007;30:615-20 pubmed..In fibroblasts, PDT was less effective compared to tumor cells. Our data suggest hypericin as a novel tool for visualization and photodynamic therapy of childhood rhabdomyosarcoma. ..
- Braun A, Dehn C, Krause F, Jepsen S. Short-term clinical effects of adjunctive antimicrobial photodynamic therapy in periodontal treatment: a randomized clinical trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:877-84 pubmed publisher..05), with no difference between the groups (p>0.05). In patients with chronic periodontitis, clinical outcomes of conventional subgingival debridement can be improved by adjunctive aPDT. ..
- Kubler A, Stenzel W, Ruhling M, Meul B, Fischer J. Experimental evaluation of possible side effects of intra-operative photodynamic therapy on rabbit blood vessels and nerves. Lasers Surg Med. 2003;33:247-55 pubmed..mTHPC mediated intra-operative PDT seems to be a promising and a safe treatment option which could complement existing treatment modalities in order to improve total survival rate of tumour patients. ..
- Papastamou V, Nietzsch T, Staudte H, Orellana G, Sigusch B. Photoinactivation of F. nucleatum and P. gingivalis using the ruthenium-based RD3 sensitizer and a conventional halogen lamp. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:264-8 pubmed publisher..nucleatum and P. gingivalis. The results suggest that the application of the RD3 photosensitizer under visible light may be helpful as an adjunct treatment approach to the inactivation of periodontopathogenic bacteria. ..
- Schaffer M, Schaffer P, Jori G, Corti L, Sotti G, Hofstetter A, et al. Radiation therapy combined with photofrin or 5-ALA: effect on Lewis sarcoma tumor lines implanted in mice. Preliminary results. Tumori. 2002;88:407-10 pubmed..In the present study we investigated whether a porphyrin derivative that is currently used as a tumor-photosensitizing agent in photodynamic therapy (PDT) may also act as a tumor-specific radiosensitizer...
- Schmidt Erfurth U, Michels S, Kusserow C, Jurklies B, Augustin A. Photodynamic therapy for symptomatic choroidal hemangioma: visual and anatomic results. Ophthalmology. 2002;109:2284-94 pubmed..To document the anatomic and functional outcome of photodynamic therapy (PDT) in symptomatic choroidal hemangioma..
- Messmann H, Geisler M, Gross U, Abels C, Szeimies R, Steinbach P, et al. Influence of a haematoporphyrin derivative on the protoporphyrin IX synthesis and photodynamic effect after 5-aminolaevulinic acid sensitization in human colon carcinoma cells. Br J Cancer. 1997;76:878-83 pubmed
- Kubler A, Crean D, Kingsbury J, Liebow C, Mang T. Photodynamic therapy and hyperthermia as an adjuvant modality in preventing tumor recurrence. Lasers Surg Med. 1997;20:188-94 pubmed..Group III was the last one presenting tumor recurrence. The combination of CO2 surgery and PDT produced significantly better results than CO2 surgery or PDT alone, and better than the combination of CO2 surgery and hyperthermia. ..
- Sohl S, Kauer F, Paasch U, Simon J. Photodynamic treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2007;5:128-30 pubmed..We report a patient with facial cutaneous Leishmania tropica infection which proved to be resistant to various therapeutic regimes. Excellent results were achieved with photodynamic therapy...
- Mennel S, Meyer C, Peter S, Schmidt J, Kroll P. Current treatment modalities for exudative retinal hamartomas secondary to tuberous sclerosis: review of the literature. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2007;85:127-32 pubmed..Current treatment strategies may include PDT based on favourable anatomical and functional results. ..
- Zenzen V, Zankl H. In vitro evaluation of the cytotoxic and mutagenic potential of the 5-aminolevulinic acid hexylester-mediated photodynamic therapy. Mutat Res. 2004;561:91-100 pubmed..The SKY evaluation also showed no significant increase of the CA rate, but confirmed the result of the CA test. Thus, within the scope of the experiments performed, a mutagenic potential of the h-ALA-PDT can be excluded. ..
- Gerth C, Spital G, Lommatzsch A, Heiligenhaus A, Pauleikhoff D. Photodynamic therapy for choroidal neovascularization in patients with multifocal choroiditis and panuveitis. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:111-8 pubmed..To evaluate the visual benefit of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin in patients with choroidal neovascularization (CNV) secondary to multifocal choroiditis and panuveitis over a longer follow-up period...
- Kelleher D, Thews O, Scherz A, Salomon Y, Vaupel P. Combined hyperthermia and chlorophyll-based photodynamic therapy: tumour growth and metabolic microenvironment. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:2333-9 pubmed
- van Hemelrijck C, Müller Goymann C. Characterization of a pseudo ternary phase diagram of poloxamer 407 systems for potential application of 5-aminolevulinic acid in photodynamic therapy. Int J Pharm. 2011;420:297-303 pubmed publisher..Wide angle X-ray diffraction analyzes confirmed that anisotropy was due to crystalline POX. Furthermore both methods showed that IPA/DMIS was an inferior solvent mixture for POX related to water...