Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on photic stimulation in Switzerland
Topic: photic stimulation
- Rausch M, Widdig W, Eysel U, Penner I, Tegenthoff M. Enhanced responsiveness of human extravisual areas to photic stimulation in patients with severely reduced vision. Exp Brain Res. 2000;135:34-40 pubmed..This unexpected result might be explained by increased stimulus-related activation of attention-related networks. ..
- MuÃ±oz A, Bedos M, AroÃ±a R, Flores J, HernÃ¡ndez H, Moussu C, et al. Efficiency of the male effect with photostimulated bucks does not depend on their familiarity with goats. Physiol Behav. 2016;158:137-42 pubmed publisher..05). We concluded that after 45days of separation, males are still familiar to females. The photostimulated males are able to induce the sexual activity of seasonally anestrous goats independently of their familiarity with them. ..
- GÃ¶the K, Oberauer K, Kliegl R. Eliminating dual-task costs by minimizing crosstalk between tasks: The role of modality and feature pairings. Cognition. 2016;150:92-108 pubmed publisher..Crosstalk was present for non-standard but absent for standard feature pairings. Therefore, standard feature pairings enabled parallel processing at the end of practice. ..
- Peterhans E, von der Heydt R. Mechanisms of contour perception in monkey visual cortex. II. Contours bridging gaps. J Neurosci. 1989;9:1749-63 pubmed..1986), assuming that the corners excite end-stopped fields orthogonal to the contour whose signals are pooled in the contour neurons. ..
- Brody S, Keller U, Degen L, Cox D, Schachinger H. Selective processing of food words during insulin-induced hypoglycemia in healthy humans. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004;173:217-20 pubmed..004), and this effect was not predicted by hunger ratings. Our data provide new evidence that during hypoglycemia, attention is directed selectively to food-relevant stimuli. The results are discussed in terms of adaptation. ..
- Muir D, Da Costa N, Girardin C, Naaman S, Omer D, Ruesch E, et al. Embedding of cortical representations by the superficial patch system. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:2244-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the superficial patch system is the physical encoding of self-consistent cortical states, and that a set of concurrently labeled patches participate in a network of mutually consistent representations of cortical input. ..
- Ionta S, Perruchoud D, Draganski B, Blanke O. Body context and posture affect mental imagery of hands. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34382 pubmed publisher..We interpret our results as evidence for preferential processing of visual- rather than kinesthetic-based mechanisms during mental transformation of hands-on-body and hands-only, respectively. ..
- Brandao L, Monhart M, SchÃ¶tzau A, Ledolter A, Palmowski Wolfe A. Wavelet decomposition analysis in the two-flash multifocal ERG in early glaucoma: a comparison to ganglion cell analysis and visual field. Doc Ophthalmol. 2017;135:29-42 pubmed publisher..mfERG using WVA analysis improves glaucoma diagnosis, especially when combined with GCIPL and MS. ..
- Gauch A, Kerzel D. Contributions of visible persistence and perceptual set to the flash-lag effect: focusing on flash onset abolishes the illusion. Vision Res. 2009;49:2983-91 pubmed publisher..Changes of perceptual set and visible persistence may underlie many of the previously reported modulations of the FLE. ..
- Degonda N, Mondadori C, Bosshardt S, Schmidt C, Boesiger P, Nitsch R, et al. Implicit associative learning engages the hippocampus and interacts with explicit associative learning. Neuron. 2005;46:505-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that implicit semantic associative learning engages the hippocampus and influences explicit memory. ..
- Mueller K, Neuhauss S. Quantitative measurements of the optokinetic response in adult fish. J Neurosci Methods. 2010;186:29-34 pubmed publisher..This method can be applied to any fish species of similar size. ..
- Kopp C, Albrecht U, Zheng B, Tobler I. Homeostatic sleep regulation is preserved in mPer1 and mPer2 mutant mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:1099-106 pubmed..The results provide further evidence for the independence of the circadian and the homeostatic components underlying sleep regulation. ..
- Neuhauss S. Behavioral genetic approaches to visual system development and function in zebrafish. J Neurobiol. 2003;54:148-60 pubmed..Here, I summarize visually mediated behaviors of both larval and adult zebrafish and their applicability for genetic screens, and present, the approaches and results of visual behavior carried out to date. ..
- Burra N, Hervais Adelman A, Kerzel D, Tamietto M, de Gelder B, Pegna A. Amygdala activation for eye contact despite complete cortical blindness. J Neurosci. 2013;33:10483-9 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates that, in human subjects, the amygdala response to eye contact does not require an intact primary visual cortex...
- Rinner O, Makhankov Y, Biehlmaier O, Neuhauss S. Knockdown of cone-specific kinase GRK7 in larval zebrafish leads to impaired cone response recovery and delayed dark adaptation. Neuron. 2005;47:231-42 pubmed
- Huber Reggi S, Chen C, Grimm L, Straumann D, Neuhauss S, Huang M. Severity of infantile nystagmus syndrome-like ocular motor phenotype is linked to the extent of the underlying optic nerve projection defect in zebrafish belladonna mutant. J Neurosci. 2012;32:18079-86 pubmed publisher..Our data not only give new insights into the etiology of INS but may also be of interest for studies on how the brain deals with and adapts to conflicting inputs. ..
- Diaconescu A, Hasher L, McIntosh A. Visual dominance and multisensory integration changes with age. Neuroimage. 2013;65:152-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that multisensory integration processes change with age such that posterior parietal and medial prefrontal activity underlies the integrated response in older adults. ..
- Blanke O. Multisensory brain mechanisms of bodily self-consciousness. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2012;13:556-71 pubmed publisher..Along with phenomena of altered states of self-consciousness in neurological patients and electrophysiological data from non-human primates, these findings may form the basis for a neurobiological model of bodily self-consciousness. ..
- Roth M, Helmchen F, Kampa B. Distinct functional properties of primary and posteromedial visual area of mouse neocortex. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9716-26 pubmed publisher..Together, PM is tuned for cardinal orientations, high SFs, and low speed and is further located between V1 and the retrosplenial cortex consistent with a role in processing natural scenes during spatial navigation. ..
- Huang Y, Rinner O, Hedinger P, Liu S, Neuhauss S. Oculomotor instabilities in zebrafish mutant belladonna: a behavioral model for congenital nystagmus caused by axonal misrouting. J Neurosci. 2006;26:9873-80 pubmed..The strong resemblance between the SO and congenital nystagmus (CN) seen in humans with defective retinotectal projections implies that CN, of so far unknown etiology, may be directly caused by a projection defect. ..
- Veit J, Bhattacharyya A, Kretz R, Rainer G. Neural response dynamics of spiking and local field potential activity depend on CRT monitor refresh rate in the tree shrew primary visual cortex. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:2303-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal many similarities between V1 of macaque and tree shrew, while underscoring a greater temporal sensitivity of the tree shrew visual system...
- Nahum L, Ptak R, Leemann B, Schnider A. Disorientation, confabulation, and extinction capacity: clues on how the brain creates reality. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65:966-72 pubmed publisher..Rather than invoking high-level monitoring processes, the human brain seems to make use of an ancient biological faculty-extinction-to keep thought and behavior in phase with reality. ..
- Peelen M, Lucas N, Mayer E, Vuilleumier P. Emotional attention in acquired prosopagnosia. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2009;4:268-77 pubmed publisher..We conclude that systems involved in the emotional guidance of attention by facial expression can function normally in acquired prosopagnosia, and can thus be dissociated from systems involved in face identification. ..
- Baas U, De Haan B, Grässli T, Karnath H, Mueri R, Perrig W, et al. Personal neglect-a disorder of body representation?. Neuropsychologia. 2011;49:898-905 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that deficient body representation is the major mechanism underlying personal neglect. ..
- Aue T, Scherer K. Effects of intrinsic pleasantness and goal conduciveness appraisals on somatovisceral responding: Somewhat similar, but not identical. Biol Psychol. 2011;86:65-73 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we find evidence that the efferent effects of the two appraisals combine multiplicatively, and that predictability of goal conduciveness may influence the impact of goal conduciveness appraisals on somatovisceral responding. ..
- Bhattacharyya A, Bießmann F, Veit J, Kretz R, Rainer G. Functional and laminar dissociations between muscarinic and nicotinic cholinergic neuromodulation in the tree shrew primary visual cortex. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:1270-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest close homology between cholinergic mechanisms in tree shrew and primate visual cortices...
- Laganaro M, Morand S, Schnider A. Time course of evoked-potential changes in different forms of anomia in aphasia. J Cogn Neurosci. 2009;21:1499-510 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the findings give support to current hypotheses on the time course of processes involved in word production during picture naming...
- Wannier Morino P, Rager G, Sonderegger P, Grabs D. Expression of neuroserpin in the visual cortex of the mouse during the developmental critical period. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1853-60 pubmed..The expression of neuroserpin in the visual cortex during the critical period and its decrease in parallel to the refinement of synaptic contacts after visual deprivation suggests a regulative role of neuroserpin on these processes. ..
- KÃ¤gi G, Ruge D, Brugger F, Katschnig P, Sauter R, Fiorio M, et al. Endophenotyping in idiopathic adult onset cervical dystonia. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1142-1147 pubmed publisher..Even though the study was of exploratory design, our findings expand the understanding of endophenotypes in IAOCD. ..
- Ljungberg T, Apicella P, Schultz W. Responses of monkey dopamine neurons during learning of behavioral reactions. J Neurophysiol. 1992;67:145-63 pubmed..In contrast, neurons were not activated when reward was delivered at regular intervals (2.5-3.5 s) but a task was not performed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..