Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Israel
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Weinberger A, Kamena F, Kama R, Spang A, Gerst J. Control of Golgi morphology and function by Sed5 t-SNARE phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4918-30 pubmed..Thus, a cycle of Sed5 phosphorylation and dephosphorylation is required for normal t-SNARE function and may choreograph Golgi ordering and dispersal. ..
- Motzik A, Amir E, Erlich T, Wang J, Kim B, Han J, et al. Post-translational modification of HINT1 mediates activation of MITF transcriptional activity in human melanoma cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:4732-4738 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provided here an example that manipulation of the LysRS-Ap4A-HINT1-MITF signalling pathway in melanoma through post-translational modifications of HINT1 can affect the activity of the melanoma oncogene MITF. ..
- Avitzour M, Diskin R, Raboy B, Askari N, Engelberg D, Livnah O. Intrinsically active variants of all human p38 isoforms. FEBS J. 2007;274:963-75 pubmed..These active variants could now become powerful tools for the elucidating the activation mechanism and specific biological roles of each p38 isoform. ..
- Madar S, Harel E, Goldstein I, Stein Y, Kogan Sakin I, Kamer I, et al. Mutant p53 attenuates the anti-tumorigenic activity of fibroblasts-secreted interferon beta. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61353 pubmed publisher..These data underscore mutant p53 oncogenic properties in the context of the tumor microenvironment and suggest that mutant p53 positive cancer patients might benefit from IFN? treatment. ..
- Oyler Yaniv J, Oyler Yaniv A, Shakiba M, Min N, Chen Y, Cheng S, et al. Catch and Release of Cytokines Mediated by Tumor Phosphatidylserine Converts Transient Exposure into Long-Lived Inflammation. Mol Cell. 2017;66:635-647.e7 pubmed publisher..This mechanism introduces an additional function for PS in dynamically regulating inflammation across diverse cancer and primary cell types and has potential to usher in new immunotherapies targeting PS and inflammatory pathways. ..
- Eisenbach M. Control of bacterial chemotaxis. Mol Microbiol. 1996;20:903-10 pubmed..Additional control sites might be involved in bacterial chemotaxis, e.g. lateral control at the receptor level, control at the motor level, or control by metabolites that link central metabolism with chemotaxis. ..
- Dardik R, Loscalzo J, Eskaraev R, Inbal A. Molecular mechanisms underlying the proangiogenic effect of factor XIII. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:526-32 pubmed..These processes may clarify FXIII role in vascular remodeling and tissue repair. ..
- Shiryaev N, Jouroukhin Y, Giladi E, Polyzoidou E, Grigoriadis N, Rosenmann H, et al. NAP protects memory, increases soluble tau and reduces tau hyperphosphorylation in a tauopathy model. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;34:381-8 pubmed publisher..The current studies show for the first time activity for NAP in a "pure" tauopathy model, positioning it as a promising drug candidate in multiple neurodegenerative tauopathies. ..
- Maya R, Balass M, Kim S, Shkedy D, Leal J, Shifman O, et al. ATM-dependent phosphorylation of Mdm2 on serine 395: role in p53 activation by DNA damage. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1067-77 pubmed..Our findings imply that activation of p53 by DNA damage is achieved, in part, through attenuation of the p53-inhibitory potential of Mdm2. ..
- Biener E, Martin C, Daniel N, Frank S, Centonze V, Herman B, et al. Ovine placental lactogen-induced heterodimerization of ovine growth hormone and prolactin receptors in living cells is demonstrated by fluorescence resonance energy transfer microscopy and leads to prolonged phosphorylation of signal transducer and a. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3532-40 pubmed
- Ben Zeev E, Fux L, Amster Choder O, Eisenstein M. Experimental and computational characterization of the dimerization of the PTS-regulation domains of BglG from Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2005;347:693-706 pubmed..This different conduct may be attributed to a single replacement in the sequence of PRD2 in BglG compared to LicT, Ala262 versus Asp261, respectively. ..
- Budick Harmelin N, Anavi S, Madar Z, Tirosh O. Fatty acids-stress attenuates gluconeogenesis induction and glucose production in primary hepatocytes. Lipids Health Dis. 2012;11:66 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrate that free-FAs directly inhibit the induced gluconeogenic response in hepatocytes. Hence, high levels of free-FAs may attenuate hepatic gluconeogenesis, and liver glucose output. ..
- Farberov S, Meidan R. Thrombospondin-1 Affects Bovine Luteal Function via Transforming Growth Factor-Beta1-Dependent and Independent Actions. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:25 pubmed publisher..Indeed all these three genes were similarly induced in the regressing CL. Their gene products can promote vascular instability, apoptosis, and matrix remodeling during luteolysis. ..
- Shur I, Benayahu D. Characterization and functional analysis of CReMM, a novel chromodomain helicase DNA-binding protein. J Mol Biol. 2005;352:646-55 pubmed..Further delineation of the function of this protein will provide information about its dynamics in transcriptional regulation of mesenchymal cells. ..
- Schweitzer R, Shaharabany M, Seger R, Shilo B. Secreted Spitz triggers the DER signaling pathway and is a limiting component in embryonic ventral ectoderm determination. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1518-29 pubmed..In embryos mutant for rho or Star the ventralizing effect of secreted Spitz is epistatic, suggesting that Rho and Star may normally facilitate processing of the Spitz precursor. ..
- Levkowitz G, Waterman H, Ettenberg S, Katz M, Tsygankov A, Alroy I, et al. Ubiquitin ligase activity and tyrosine phosphorylation underlie suppression of growth factor signaling by c-Cbl/Sli-1. Mol Cell. 1999;4:1029-40 pubmed..Our study identifies Cbl proteins as components of the ubiquitin ligation machinery and implies that they similarly suppress many other signaling pathways. ..
- Levkovitch Verbin H, Quigley H, Martin K, Harizman N, Valenta D, Pease M, et al. The transcription factor c-jun is activated in retinal ganglion cells in experimental rat glaucoma. Exp Eye Res. 2005;80:663-70 pubmed..C-jun is activated more gradually in glaucoma then after optic nerve transection. ..
- Sines T, Granot Attas S, Weisman Welcher S, Elson A. Association of tyrosine phosphatase epsilon with microtubules inhibits phosphatase activity and is regulated by the epidermal growth factor receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7102-12 pubmed..The data suggest that reversible association with microtubules is a novel, physiologically regulated mechanism for regulation of tyrosine phosphatase activity in cells. ..
- Granot I, Bechor E, Barash A, Dekel N. Connexin43 in rat oocytes: developmental modulation of its phosphorylation. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:568-73 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that rat oocytes express a developmentally regulated Cx43. They further suggest that homotypic gap junctions that consist of Cx43 may be present between rat oocytes and their adjacent cumulus cells. ..
- Jona G, Livi L, Gileadi O. Mutations in the RING domain of TFB3, a subunit of yeast transcription factor IIH, reveal a role in cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39409-16 pubmed..To conclude, in the present study we bring another demonstration of the multifunctional nature of TFIIH. ..
- Hershko T, Chaussepied M, Oren M, Ginsberg D. Novel link between E2F and p53: proapoptotic cofactors of p53 are transcriptionally upregulated by E2F. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:377-83 pubmed..Overall, these data provide novel functional links between RB/E2F pathway and p53-induced apoptosis. ..
- Hemi R, Yochananov Y, Barhod E, Kasher Meron M, Karasik A, Tirosh A, et al. p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent transactivation of ErbB receptor family: a novel common mechanism for stress-induced IRS-1 serine phosphorylation and insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2011;60:1134-45 pubmed publisher..Hepatic p38MAPK is activated following various stress stimuli. This event is upstream to ErbB receptors transactivation and plays an important role in stress-induced IRS-1 serine phosphorylation and insulin resistance. ..
- Boege Y, Malehmir M, Healy M, Bettermann K, Lorentzen A, Vucur M, et al. A Dual Role of Caspase-8 in Triggering and Sensing Proliferation-Associated DNA Damage, a Key Determinant of Liver Cancer Development. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:342-359.e10 pubmed publisher..It may represent a DNA damage-sensing mechanism in hepatocytes that can act via JNK and subsequent phosphorylation of the histone variant H2AX. ..
- Di Capua N, Sperling O, Zoref Shani E. Protein kinase C-epsilon is involved in the adenosine-activated signal transduction pathway conferring protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury in primary rat neuronal cultures. J Neurochem. 2003;84:409-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that activation of PKC-epsilon is a vital step in the neuronal adenosine-activated STP. ..
- Toledano Katchalski H, Tiran Z, Sines T, Shani G, Granot Attas S, den Hertog J, et al. Dimerization in vivo and inhibition of the nonreceptor form of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5460-71 pubmed..Furthermore, dimerization can be mediated by the D2 domain and does not strictly require the presence of PTP extracellular domains. ..
- Eisenberg Lerner A, Kimchi A. DAP kinase regulates JNK signaling by binding and activating protein kinase D under oxidative stress. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1908-15 pubmed..Taken together, these findings establish a major role for DAPk and its specific interaction with PKD in regulating the JNK signaling network under oxidative stress. ..
- Gabriely G, Kama R, Gelin Licht R, Gerst J. Different domains of the UBL-UBA ubiquitin receptor, Ddi1/Vsm1, are involved in its multiple cellular roles. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3625-37 pubmed publisher..g., Ddi1, Ddi1(S341A)) rescue the growth of sec9-4 cells similar to Sso1 overproduction. Thus, Ddi1 participates in multiple cellular processes via its different domains and phosphorylation may regulate exocytic functions. ..
- Costa B, Kean M, Ast V, Knight J, Mett A, Levy Z, et al. STK25 protein mediates TrkA and CCM2 protein-dependent death in pediatric tumor cells of neural origin. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29285-9 pubmed publisher..These findings delineate a death-signaling pathway downstream of neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinases that may provide targets for therapeutic intervention in pediatric tumors of neural origin. ..
- Shani G, Henis Korenblit S, Jona G, Gileadi O, Eisenstein M, Ziv T, et al. Autophosphorylation restrains the apoptotic activity of DRP-1 kinase by controlling dimerization and calmodulin binding. EMBO J. 2001;20:1099-113 pubmed..This mechanism of negative autophosphorylation provides a safety barrier that restrains the killing effects of DRP-1, and a target for efficient activation of the kinase by various apoptotic stimuli. ..
- Gurunathan S, Marash M, Weinberger A, Gerst J. t-SNARE phosphorylation regulates endocytosis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1594-607 pubmed..These results suggest that endocytosis is also modulated by t-SNARE phosphorylation in vivo. ..
- Litvak V, Shaul Y, Shulewitz M, Amarilio R, Carmon S, Lev S. Targeting of Nir2 to lipid droplets is regulated by a specific threonine residue within its PI-transfer domain. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1513-8 pubmed
- Diamant G, Amir Zilberstein L, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, Dikstein R. DSIF restricts NF-?B signaling by coordinating elongation with mRNA processing of negative feedback genes. Cell Rep. 2012;2:722-31 pubmed publisher..These findings assign a function for DSIF in cotranscriptional mRNA processing when elongating Pol II is hypophosphorylated and define DSIF as part of the negative feedback regulation of NF-?B. ..
- Sapir T, Cahana A, Seger R, Nekhai S, Reiner O. LIS1 is a microtubule-associated phosphoprotein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;265:181-8 pubmed..In vitro, LIS1 was phosphorylated by protein kinase CKII (casein kinase II), but not many other kinases that were tested. We suggest that LIS1 activity may be regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Kraus S, Naor Z, Seger R. Intracellular signaling pathways mediated by the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor. Arch Med Res. 2001;32:499-509 pubmed..Understanding the signaling mechanisms elicited by GnRHR can shed light on the mechanism of action of GnRH in pituitary and extra-pituitary tissues. ..
- Gdalyahu A, Ghosh I, Levy T, Sapir T, Sapoznik S, Fishler Y, et al. DCX, a new mediator of the JNK pathway. EMBO J. 2004;23:823-32 pubmed
- Peles E, Lamprecht R, Ben Levy R, Tzahar E, Yarden Y. Regulated coupling of the Neu receptor to phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase and its release by oncogenic activation. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:12266-74 pubmed..Hence, we concluded that phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase is a physiological substrate of the Neu receptor, but the regulation of this coupling is released upon oncogenic activation. ..
- Blat Y, Eisenbach M. Phosphorylation-dependent binding of the chemotaxis signal molecule CheY to its phosphatase, CheZ. Biochemistry. 1994;33:902-6 pubmed
- Shaul Y, Gibor G, Plotnikov A, Seger R. Specific phosphorylation and activation of ERK1c by MEK1b: a unique route in the ERK cascade. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1779-90 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate that the ERK cascade is divided into two routes: the classic MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and the splice-variant MEK1b-ERK1c, each of which regulates distinct cellular processes and thus extends the cascade specificity. ..
- Shefler I, Pasmanik Chor M, Kidron D, Mekori Y, Hershko A. T cell-derived microvesicles induce mast cell production of IL-24: relevance to inflammatory skin diseases. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:217-24.e1-3 pubmed publisher..We propose that this MC-derived cytokine might contribute to the pathologic findings in T cell-mediated skin inflammation. ..
- Amsterdam A, Tajima K, Frajese V, Seger R. Analysis of signal transduction stimulated by gonadotropins in granulosa cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;202:77-80 pubmed..Steroidogenic factor-1 and DAX-1 may be involved in the regulation of the MAPK-dependent attenuation of steroidogenesis, since they exhibit sites that could be potentially phosphorylated by the MAPK cascade. ..
- Maik Rachline G, Shaltiel S, Seger R. Extracellular phosphorylation converts pigment epithelium-derived factor from a neurotrophic to an antiangiogenic factor. Blood. 2005;105:670-8 pubmed..This is a novel role of extracellular phosphorylation that is shown here to completely change the nature of PEDF from a neutrophic to an antiangiogenic factor. ..
- Prizant R, Barash I. Negative effects of the amino acids Lys, His, and Thr on S6K1 phosphorylation in mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:1038-47 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that positive and negative signaling from AA to the mTOR pathway, combined with modulation of insulin sensitization, mediate the synthesis rates of total and specific milk proteins in mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Tarcic G, Boguslavsky S, Wakim J, Kiuchi T, Liu A, Reinitz F, et al. An unbiased screen identifies DEP-1 tumor suppressor as a phosphatase controlling EGFR endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1788-98 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the emerging roles of vesicular trafficking in malignant processes. ..
- Zargarian S, Shlomovitz I, Erlich Z, Hourizadeh A, Ofir Birin Y, Croker B, et al. Phosphatidylserine externalization, "necroptotic bodies" release, and phagocytosis during necroptosis. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002711 pubmed publisher..The exposure of PS to the outer membrane and to extracellular vesicles is therefore a feature of necroptotic cell death and may serve to provide an immunologically-silent window by generating specific "find me" and "eat me" signals. ..
- Shelly M, Pinkas Kramarski R, Guarino B, Waterman H, Wang L, Lyass L, et al. Epiregulin is a potent pan-ErbB ligand that preferentially activates heterodimeric receptor complexes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10496-505 pubmed..This remarkable discrepancy between binding affinity and bioactivity is permitted by a mechanism that prevents receptor down-regulation, and results in a weak, but prolonged, state of receptor activation. ..
- Agami R, Shaul Y. The kinase activity of c-Abl but not v-Abl is potentiated by direct interaction with RFXI, a protein that binds the enhancers of several viruses and cell-cycle regulated genes. Oncogene. 1998;16:1779-88 pubmed..Collectively, we describe a novel mechanism of c-Abl recruitment to a defined DNA-cis element with its concomitant kinase activation. We propose that this mechanism may act to regulate cell-cycle control genes. ..
- Hazan Halevy I, Seger R, Levy R. The requirement of both extracellular regulated kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase for stimulation of cytosolic phospholipase A(2) activity by either FcgammaRIIA or FcgammaRIIIB in human neutrophils. A possible role for Pyk2 but not for . J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12416-23 pubmed..Thus, although ERK activation is significantly shorter than that of p38 MAP kinase, it is equally required for activation and maintenance of cPLA(2) activity by occupancy of a single receptor, FcgammaRIIA or FcgammaRIIIB. ..
- Ziv C, Kra Oz G, Gorovits R, März S, Seiler S, Yarden O. Cell elongation and branching are regulated by differential phosphorylation states of the nuclear Dbf2-related kinase COT1 in Neurospora crassa. Mol Microbiol. 2009;74:974-89 pubmed publisher..We conclude that COT1 regulates elongation and branching in an independent manner, which is determined by its phosphorylation state...
- Beery R, Haimsohn M, Wertheim N, Hemi R, Nir U, Karasik A, et al. Activation of the insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling pathway by the antiapoptotic agents aurintricarboxylic acid and evans blue. Endocrinology. 2001;142:3098-107 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the survival/proliferation-promoting effects of ATA and EB in MCF-7 cells are transduced via the IGF-IR signaling pathway...
- Genis I, Gordon I, Sehayek E, Michaelson D. Phosphorylation of tau in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Neurosci Lett. 1995;199:5-8 pubmed..These results suggest that tau of apoE-deficient mice is hyperphosphorylated. ..
- Tzahar E, Waterman H, Chen X, Levkowitz G, Karunagaran D, Lavi S, et al. A hierarchical network of interreceptor interactions determines signal transduction by Neu differentiation factor/neuregulin and epidermal growth factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5276-87 pubmed..The observed superior ability of ErbB-2 to form heterodimers, in conjunction with its uniquely high basal tyrosine kinase activity, may explain why ErbB-2 overexpression is associated with poor prognosis. ..
- Seger D, Gechtman Z, Shaltiel S. Phosphorylation of vitronectin by casein kinase II. Identification of the sites and their promotion of cell adhesion and spreading. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24805-13 pubmed
- Barak R, Prasad K, Shainskaya A, Wolfe A, Eisenbach M. Acetylation of the chemotaxis response regulator CheY by acetyl-CoA synthetase purified from Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2004;342:383-401 pubmed..Thus, CheY is similar to many eukaryotic proteins involved in signaling, which undergo both phosphorylation and multiple acetylation, and in which the acetylation sites are restricted to a particular region. ..
- Ben David H, Venkata Aruna B, Sela M, Mozes E. A dual altered peptide ligand inhibits myasthenia gravis associated responses by inducing phosphorylated extracellular-regulated kinase 1,2 that upregulates CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ cells. Scand J Immunol. 2007;65:567-76 pubmed
- Peles E, Levy R, Or E, Ullrich A, Yarden Y. Oncogenic forms of the neu/HER2 tyrosine kinase are permanently coupled to phospholipase C gamma. EMBO J. 1991;10:2077-86 pubmed..Based on the presented results we suggest that the mechanism of cellular transformation by the neu/HER2 receptor involves tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of PLC gamma. ..
- Reizel Y, Elbaz J, Dekel N. Sustained activity of the EGF receptor is an absolute requisite for LH-induced oocyte maturation and cumulus expansion. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:402-11 pubmed publisher..These new data shed light on the unique characteristics of EGFR-ERK1/2 activity in the ovarian follicle and emphasize the fact that the ovulatory process involves a nonclassical activation of this pathway. ..
- Raveh A, Cooper A, Guy David L, Reuveny E. Nonenzymatic rapid control of GIRK channel function by a G protein-coupled receptor kinase. Cell. 2010;143:750-60 pubmed publisher..The findings thus reveal a stimulus-specific, phosphorylation-independent mechanism for rapidly downregulating GPCR activity at the effector level. ..
- Pinkas Kramarski R, Soussan L, Waterman H, Levkowitz G, Alroy I, Klapper L, et al. Diversification of Neu differentiation factor and epidermal growth factor signaling by combinatorial receptor interactions. EMBO J. 1996;15:2452-67 pubmed..It is conceivable that combinatorial receptor interactions diversify signal transduction and confer double regulation, in cis and in trans, of the superior mitogenic activity of the kinase-defective ErbB-3. ..
- Granot Attas S, Elson A. Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon activates Yes and Fyn in Neu-induced mammary tumor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2004;294:236-43 pubmed..We conclude that RPTP activates Src, Yes, and Fyn, but that these related kinases play distinct roles in Neu-induced mammary tumor cells. ..
- Litvak V, Argov R, Dahan N, Ramachandran S, Amarilio R, Shainskaya A, et al. Mitotic phosphorylation of the peripheral Golgi protein Nir2 by Cdk1 provides a docking mechanism for Plk1 and affects cytokinesis completion. Mol Cell. 2004;14:319-30 pubmed..These results demonstrate a mechanism for coordinating mitotic and cytokinetic events with Golgi rearrangement during cell division. ..
- Luxenburg C, Addadi L, Geiger B. The molecular dynamics of osteoclast adhesions. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:203-11 pubmed..Studying the nature of the proteins that undergo de-phosphorylation is critical for the understanding of the mechanisms regulating the processes described above. ..
- Mosesson Y, Chetrit D, Schley L, Berghoff J, Ziv T, Carvalho S, et al. Monoubiquitinylation regulates endosomal localization of Lst2, a negative regulator of EGF receptor signaling. Dev Cell. 2009;16:687-98 pubmed publisher..These results establish an ubiquitin-based endosomal switch of receptor sorting, functionally equivalent to the mechanism inactivating Hrs via monoubiquitinylation. ..
- Hemmerich S, Pecht I. Oligomeric structure and autophosphorylation of nucleoside diphosphate kinase from rat mucosal mast cells. Biochemistry. 1992;31:4580-7 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Adar R, Monsonego Ornan E, David P, Yayon A. Differential activation of cysteine-substitution mutants of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 is determined by cysteine localization. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:860-8 pubmed
- Ben Yehoyada M, Ben Dor I, Shaul Y. c-Abl tyrosine kinase selectively regulates p73 nuclear matrix association. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34475-82 pubmed..Thus, in response to ionizing radiation p73 is modified in a c-Abl-dependent manner and undergoes nuclear redistribution and translocates to associate with the nuclear matrix. Our data describe a novel mechanism of p73 regulation. ..
- Desmedt A, Hazvi S, Dudai Y. Differential pattern of cAMP response element-binding protein activation in the rat brain after conditioned aversion as a function of the associative process engaged: taste versus context association. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6102-10 pubmed
- Liu Y, Herschkovitz A, Boura Halfon S, Ronen D, Paz K, LeRoith D, et al. Serine phosphorylation proximal to its phosphotyrosine binding domain inhibits insulin receptor substrate 1 function and promotes insulin resistance. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9668-81 pubmed
- Sheffer M, Bacolod M, Zuk O, Giardina S, Pincas H, Barany F, et al. Association of survival and disease progression with chromosomal instability: a genomic exploration of colorectal cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7131-6 pubmed publisher..Annotation analysis reveals that the oxidative phosphorylation pathway shows a strong tendency for decreased expression in the samples characterized by poor prognosis. ..
- Weidberg H, Elazar Z. TBK1 mediates crosstalk between the innate immune response and autophagy. Sci Signal. 2011;4:pe39 pubmed publisher..This study provides an example by which the innate immune response directly regulates cargo recruitment into autophagosomes. ..
- Chain D, Korc Grodzicki B, Kreizman T, Shaltiel S. Endogenous cleavage of the Arg-379-Ala-380 bond in vitronectin results in a distinct conformational change which 'buries' Ser-378, its site of phosphorylation by protein kinase A. Biochem J. 1991;274 ( Pt 2):387-94 pubmed..Upon binding heparin, the phosphorylation site becomes exposed and able to undergo a stoichiometric phosphorylation at physiological pH. ..
- Shilo B, Raz E. Developmental control by the Drosophila EGF receptor homolog DER. Trends Genet. 1991;7:388-92 pubmed..We discuss the possible basis for the pleiotropic activity of DER, and the similarities and differences in the function of the homologous proteins in other invertebrates and vertebrates. ..
- Nah S, Saya D, Barg J, Vogel Z. Opiate receptor agonists regulate phosphorylation of synapsin I in cocultures of rat spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4052-6 pubmed..These results show that opiate ligands modulate synapsin I phosphorylation. Moreover, the data could explain the reduction in synaptic efficacy observed after opiate treatment. ..
- Gafter Gvili A, Zingerman B, Rozen Zvi B, Ori Y, Green H, Lubin I, et al. Oxidative stress-induced DNA damage and repair in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells: protective role of hemoglobin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68341 pubmed publisher..DNA repair is a cellular defence mechanism responding to DNA damage caused in large part by oxidative stress. There is a controversy with regard to the effect of red blood cells on DNA damage and cellular response...
- Dubin Bar D, Bitan A, Bakhrat A, Kaiden Hasson R, Etzion S, Shaanan B, et al. The Drosophila IKK-related kinase (Ik2) and Spindle-F proteins are part of a complex that regulates cytoskeleton organization during oogenesis. BMC Cell Biol. 2008;9:51 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, Ik2 in this complex does not function as a typical IKK in that it does not direct SpnF for degradation following phosphorylation. ..
- Vorobiov M, Malki M, Shnaider A, Basok A, Rogachev B, Lewis E, et al. Erythropoietin prevents dialysis fluid-induced apoptosis of mesothelial cells. Perit Dial Int. 2008;28:648-54 pubmed..We found that rHuEPO provides ERK1/2-dependent protection to PMCs from PDF-induced apoptosis. The use of rHuEPO, or any of its new derivatives that do not stimulate erythropoiesis, should be considered for peritoneal preservation. ..
- Stanford S, Svensson M, Sacchetti C, Pilo C, Wu D, Kiosses W, et al. Receptor Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Î±-Mediated Enhancement of Rheumatoid Synovial Fibroblast Signaling and Promotion of Arthritis in Mice. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:359-69 pubmed publisher..By regulating the phosphorylation of Src and FAK, RPTPÎ± mediates proinflammatory and proinvasive signaling in RA FLS, correlating with the promotion of disease in an FLS-dependent model of RA. ..
- Balass M, Kalef E, Maya R, Wilder S, Oren M, Katchalski Katzir E. Characterization of two peptide epitopes on Mdm2 oncoprotein that affect p53 degradation. Peptides. 2002;23:1719-25 pubmed..These results provide a molecular explanation for the observation that reactivity of Mdm2 with mAb2A10 is inhibited by phosphorylation. ..
- Moshel Y, Rhoads R, Barash I. Role of amino acids in translational mechanisms governing milk protein synthesis in murine and ruminant mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:685-700 pubmed..These findings suggest that direct signaling from AA to the translational machinery is involved in determining the rates of milk protein synthesis in mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Shapira S, Barkan B, Friedman E, Fridman E, Kloog Y, Stein R. The tumor suppressor neurofibromin confers sensitivity to apoptosis by Ras-dependent and Ras-independent pathways. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:895-906 pubmed..Therefore, besides its Ras-dependent growth inhibition, neurofibromin can exert tumor suppression via a proapoptotic effect...
- Carlessi R, Levin Salomon V, Ciprut S, Bialik S, Berissi H, Albeck S, et al. GTP binding to the ROC domain of DAP-kinase regulates its function through intramolecular signalling. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:917-23 pubmed publisher..This study presents a new mechanism of intramolecular signal transduction, by which GTP binding operates in cis to affect the catalytic activity of a distal domain in the protein. ..
- Kalich Philosoph L, Roness H, Carmely A, Fishel Bartal M, Ligumsky H, Paglin S, et al. Cyclophosphamide triggers follicle activation and "burnout"; AS101 prevents follicle loss and preserves fertility. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:185ra62 pubmed publisher..By preventing this activation, AS101 shows potential as an ovarian-protective agent, which may be able to preserve fertility in female cancer patients. ..
- Rabinovich S, Adler L, Yizhak K, Sarver A, Silberman A, Agron S, et al. Diversion of aspartate in ASS1-deficient tumours fosters de novo pyrimidine synthesis. Nature. 2015;527:379-383 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that ASS1 downregulation is a novel mechanism supporting cancerous proliferation, and they provide a metabolic link between the urea cycle enzymes and pyrimidine synthesis. ..
- Sagi Y, Khan S, Eisenbach M. Binding of the chemotaxis response regulator CheY to the isolated, intact switch complex of the bacterial flagellar motor: lack of cooperativity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25867-71 pubmed..and Eisenbach, M. (2001) J. Mol. Biol. 312, 699-709), indicates that the chemotactic signal is amplified within the switch, subsequent to the CheY approximately P binding. ..
- Roffe S, Hagai Y, Pines M, Halevy O. Halofuginone inhibits Smad3 phosphorylation via the PI3K/Akt and MAPK/ERK pathways in muscle cells: effect on myotube fusion. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:1061-9 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest a role, either direct or via inhibition of Smad3 phosphorylation, for Akt or MAPK/ERK in halofuginone-enhanced myotube fusion, a feature which is crucial to improving muscle function in muscular dystrophies. ..
- Tzadok S, Beery E, Israeli M, Uziel O, Lahav M, Fenig E, et al. In vitro novel combinations of psychotropics and anti-cancer modalities in U87 human glioblastoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1043-51 pubmed..Thus, it seems that further in vivo studies combining imatinib with psychotropic agents, especially fluoxetine and sertraline, are warranted. ..
- Pareja F, Ferraro D, Rubin C, Cohen Dvashi H, Zhang F, Aulmann S, et al. Deubiquitination of EGFR by Cezanne-1 contributes to cancer progression. Oncogene. 2012;31:4599-608 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, deubiquitination by Cezanne-1 curtails degradation of growth factor receptors, thereby promotes oncogenic growth signals. ..
- Malka Gibor E, Kornreich M, Laser Azogui A, Doron O, Zingerman Koladko I, Harapin J, et al. Phosphorylation-Induced Mechanical Regulation ofÂ Intrinsically Disordered Neurofilament Proteins. Biophys J. 2017;112:892-900 pubmed publisher..Using a model that explains the attractive electrostatic interactions induced by enzymatically added charges, we demonstrate that phosphorylation regulation is far richer and versatile than previously considered. ..
- Peles E, Bacus S, Koski R, Lu H, Wen D, Ogden S, et al. Isolation of the neu/HER-2 stimulatory ligand: a 44 kd glycoprotein that induces differentiation of mammary tumor cells. Cell. 1992;69:205-16 pubmed..We propose the name Neu differentiation factor (NDF) for p44. ..
- Bren A, Welch M, Blat Y, Eisenbach M. Signal termination in bacterial chemotaxis: CheZ mediates dephosphorylation of free rather than switch-bound CheY. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10090-3 pubmed..We suggest that CheZ affects switch-bound CheY approximately P by shifting the equilibrium between bound and free CheY approximately P. ..
- Tiran Z, Peretz A, Attali B, Elson A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of Kv2.1 Channel activity at tyrosine 124 by Src and by protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17509-14 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that Tyr(124) is a significant site at which the mutually antagonistic activities of Src and cyt-PTPepsilon affect Kv2.1 phosphorylation and activity. ..