Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Canada
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Stefanovsky V, Moss T. The splice variants of UBF differentially regulate RNA polymerase I transcription elongation in response to ERK phosphorylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:5093-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, UBF2 functionally simulates a hemi-phosphorylated UBF whose expression may provide a means by which to tune the response of the ribosomal RNA genes to growth factor stimulation. ..
- Fick L, Fick G, Belsham D. Palmitate alters the rhythmic expression of molecular clock genes and orexigenic neuropeptide Y mRNA levels within immortalized, hypothalamic neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;413:414-9 pubmed publisher..We postulate that this palmitate-mediated increase in NPY and AgRP synthesis may initiate a detrimental positive feedback loop leading to increased energy consumption. ..
- Lavoie J, Lambert H, Hickey E, Weber L, Landry J. Modulation of cellular thermoresistance and actin filament stability accompanies phosphorylation-induced changes in the oligomeric structure of heat shock protein 27. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:505-16 pubmed..The level of protection provided by HSP27 during heat shock may thus represent the contribution of better maintenance of actin filament integrity to overall cell survival. ..
- Pickering D, Taverna F, Salter M, Hampson D. Palmitoylation of the GluR6 kainate receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:12090-4 pubmed..These data indicate that palmitoylation may not modulate kainate channel function directly but instead affect function indirectly by regulating the phosphorylation state of the receptor. ..
- Baldwin R, Barrett G, Parolin D, Gillies J, Paget J, Lavictoire S, et al. Coordination of glioblastoma cell motility by PKC?. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:233 pubmed publisher..In addition PKC? is required for the transition of glioblastoma cells through mitosis. PKC? therefore has a role in both glioblastoma invasion and proliferation, two key aspects in the malignant nature of this disease. ..
- Harding S, Coackley C, Bristow R. ATM-dependent phosphorylation of 53BP1 in response to genomic stress in oxic and hypoxic cells. Radiother Oncol. 2011;99:307-12 pubmed publisher..Together this work indicates 53BP1(Ser25), and possibly other 53BP1 phosphoforms, as a bona fide DSB-biomarkers for surveying ongoing DNA-damage related signaling in oxic and hypoxic cells during clinical radiotherapy. ..
- Sen S, Bunda S, Shi J, Wang A, Mitts T, Hinek A. Retinoblastoma protein modulates the inverse relationship between cellular proliferation and elastogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36580-91 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide novel insight into the role of Rb in mediating the inverse relationship between elastogenesis and cellular proliferation. ..
- Lessard C, Cochu A, LeMay J, Roy D, Vaillancourt K, Frenette M, et al. Phosphorylation of Streptococcus salivarius lactose permease (LacS) by HPr(His ~ P) and HPr(Ser-P)(His ~ P) and effects on growth. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:6764-72 pubmed
- Choi A, Brown S, Szyf M, Maysinger D. Quantum dot-induced epigenetic and genotoxic changes in human breast cancer cells. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:291-302 pubmed
- Ting N, Pohorelic B, Yu Y, Lees Miller S, Beattie T. The human telomerase RNA component, hTR, activates the DNA-dependent protein kinase to phosphorylate heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:6105-15 pubmed publisher..These data are the first to report that hTR stimulates the kinase activity of DNA-PK toward a known telomere-associated protein, and may provide further insights into the function of DNA-PK at telomeres. ..
- Ma S, Bhattacharjee R, Bag J. Expression of poly(A)-binding protein is upregulated during recovery from heat shock in HeLa cells. FEBS J. 2009;276:552-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, we provide evidence that the terminal oligopyrimidine cis-element of PABP1 mRNA is responsible for the preferential increase of PABP1 mRNA translation in cells undergoing recovery from heat shock. ..
- Cai Z, Vallis K, Reilly R. Computational analysis of the number, area and density of gamma-H2AX foci in breast cancer cells exposed to (111)In-DTPA-hEGF or gamma-rays using Image-J software. Int J Radiat Biol. 2009;85:262-71 pubmed publisher..0 Gy. The density, area and IntDen of individual foci, as well as the number of gamma-H2AX foci, total focus area and IntDen per nucleus were successfully quantified using Image-J with customized macros. ..
- Chatelier A, Dahllund L, Eriksson A, Krupp J, Chahine M. Biophysical properties of human Na v1.7 splice variants and their regulation by protein kinase A. J Neurophysiol. 2008;99:2241-50 pubmed publisher..7 can specifically modulate the biophysical properties and cAMP-mediated regulation of this channel. Changing the proportions of these variants may thus influence neuronal excitability and pain sensation. ..
- Lucas G, Du J, Romeas T, Mnie Filali O, Haddjeri N, PiÃ±eyro G, et al. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors potentiate the rapid antidepressant-like effects of serotonin4 receptor agonists in the rat. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9253 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that the adjunction of an SSRI to a 5-HT(4) agonist may help to optimize the fast-acting antidepressant efficacy of the latter. ..
- Zannella V, Cojocari D, Hilgendorf S, Vellanki R, Chung S, Wouters B, et al. AMPK regulates metabolism and survival in response to ionizing radiation. Radiother Oncol. 2011;99:293-9 pubmed publisher..These data reveal novel functional roles for AMPK in regulating mTOR signaling, cell cycle, survival and metabolic responses to IR. ..
- Lemieux M, Labrecque S, Tardif C, Labrie Dion É, Lebel E, De Koninck P. Translocation of CaMKII to dendritic microtubules supports the plasticity of local synapses. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:1055-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, CaMKII could decode compartmental dendritic Ca(2+) transients to support remodeling of local synapses. ..
- Wang J, Liu S, Fu Y, Wang J, Lu Y. Cdk5 activation induces hippocampal CA1 cell death by directly phosphorylating NMDA receptors. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:1039-47 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that modulation of NMDA receptors by Cdk5 is the primary intracellular event underlying the ischemic injury of CA1 pyramidal neurons. ..
- Marcantonio M, Trost M, Courcelles M, Desjardins M, Thibault P. Combined enzymatic and data mining approaches for comprehensive phosphoproteome analyses: application to cell signaling events of interferon-gamma-stimulated macrophages. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:645-60 pubmed
- Miersch S, Espey M, Chaube R, Akarca A, Tweten R, Ananvoranich S, et al. Plasma membrane cholesterol content affects nitric oxide diffusion dynamics and signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18513-21 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the impact of cholesterol on membrane fluidity and microdomain structure contributes to the spatial heterogeneity of NO diffusion and signaling. ..
- VÃ¡zquez Manrique R, Farina F, Cambon K, Dolores Sequedo M, Parker A, MillÃ¡n J, et al. AMPK activation protects from neuronal dysfunction and vulnerability across nematode, cellular and mouse models of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1043-58 pubmed publisher..We postulate that AMPK activation is a compensatory response and valid approach for protecting dysfunctional and vulnerable neurons in HD. ..
- Jones N, Dumont D. The Tek/Tie2 receptor signals through a novel Dok-related docking protein, Dok-R. Oncogene. 1998;17:1097-108 pubmed..The cloning of Dok-R represents the first downstream substrate of the activated Tek receptor, and suggests that Tek can signal through a multitude of pathways. ..
- Haince J, Rouleau M, Poirier G. Transcription. Gene expression needs a break to unwind before carrying on. Science. 2006;312:1752-3 pubmed
- Hirao A, Cheung A, Duncan G, Girard P, Elia A, Wakeham A, et al. Chk2 is a tumor suppressor that regulates apoptosis in both an ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM)-dependent and an ATM-independent manner. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6521-32 pubmed..ATR may thus selectively contribute to p53-mediated apoptosis. These data indicate that distinct pathways regulate the activation of p53 leading to cell cycle arrest or apoptosis. ..
- Zhou L, Zhao Y, Ringrose A, DeGeer D, Kennah E, Lin A, et al. AHI-1 interacts with BCR-ABL and modulates BCR-ABL transforming activity and imatinib response of CML stem/progenitor cells. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2657-71 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this complex mediates TKI response/resistance of CML stem/progenitor cells. These studies implicate AHI-1 as a potential therapeutic target downstream of BCR-ABL in CML. ..
- de Lamirande E, Lamothe G. Reactive oxygen-induced reactive oxygen formation during human sperm capacitation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:502-10 pubmed publisher..Data presented show a close interaction between NO* and O(2)(*)(-) and their generators during sperm capacitation. ..
- Kruk J, Vasefi M, Liu H, Heikkila J, Beazely M. 5-HT(1A) receptors transactivate the platelet-derived growth factor receptor type beta in neuronal cells. Cell Signal. 2013;25:133-43 pubmed publisher..This crosstalk between 5-HT and PDGF? receptors identifies a potentially important signaling link between the serotonergic system and growth factor signaling in neurons. ..
- El Khoury N, Gratuze M, Petry F, Papon M, Julien C, Marcouiller F, et al. Hypothermia mediates age-dependent increase of tau phosphorylation in db/db mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;88:55-65 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel link between diabetes and tau pathology, and underlie the importance of recording body temperature to better understand the relationship between diabetes and AD. ..
- Shen Z, Batzer A, Koehler J, Polakis P, Schlessinger J, Lydon N, et al. Evidence for SH3 domain directed binding and phosphorylation of Sam68 by Src. Oncogene. 1999;18:4647-53 pubmed..These results suggest that Src effectively mounts Sam68 through its SH3 domain, possibly as a mechanism to position the kinase domain close to substrate tyrosine residues in the carboxyl-half of the protein. ..
- Nash P, Tang X, Orlicky S, Chen Q, Gertler F, Mendenhall M, et al. Multisite phosphorylation of a CDK inhibitor sets a threshold for the onset of DNA replication. Nature. 2001;414:514-21 pubmed..Multisite phosphorylation may be a more general mechanism to set thresholds in regulated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Estall J, Koehler J, Yusta B, Drucker D. The glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor C terminus modulates beta-arrestin-2 association but is dispensable for ligand-induced desensitization, endocytosis, and G-protein-dependent effector activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22124-34 pubmed
- Jandu N, Shen S, Wickham M, Prajapati R, Finlay B, Karmali M, et al. Multiple seropathotypes of verotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) disrupt interferon-gamma-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)-1. Microb Pathog. 2007;42:62-71 pubmed..The results of treatment with wortmannin suggest that the bacterial-derived inhibitory factor employs host cell signal transduction to mediate inhibition of Stat1-activation. ..
- Nag S, Manias J, Stewart D. Expression of endothelial phosphorylated caveolin-1 is increased in brain injury. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2009;35:417-26 pubmed publisher..The presence of phosphorylated Cav-1 in endothelium of vessels showing BBB breakdown suggests that phosphorylated Cav-1 signalling may be one of the factors associated with early BBB breakdown and brain oedema in brain injury. ..
- Tremblay J, Viger R. Transcription factor GATA-4 is activated by phosphorylation of serine 261 via the cAMP/protein kinase a signaling pathway in gonadal cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22128-35 pubmed
- Ho Y, Mason S, Kobayashi R, Hoekstra M, Andrews B. Role of the casein kinase I isoform, Hrr25, and the cell cycle-regulatory transcription factor, SBF, in the transcriptional response to DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:581-6 pubmed
- Fortin C, Lesur O, Fulop T. Effects of TREM-1 activation in human neutrophils: activation of signaling pathways, recruitment into lipid rafts and association with TLR4. Int Immunol. 2007;19:41-50 pubmed..These data shed a new light on how various receptors implicated in the innate immune response could interact to insure an efficient inflammatory response upon pathogens-associated aggression. ..
- Gómez Cuadrado A, Martin M, Noel M, Ruiz Carrillo A. Initiation binding repressor, a factor that binds to the transcription initiation site of the histone h5 gene, is a glycosylated member of a family of cell growth regulators [corrected]. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6670-85 pubmed..A survey of genes potentially regulated by this family of factors primarily revealed genes involved in growth-related metabolism. ..
- Kon Kozlowski M, Pani G, Pawson T, Siminovitch K. The tyrosine phosphatase PTP1C associates with Vav, Grb2, and mSos1 in hematopoietic cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3856-62 pubmed
- Duchesne C, Charland S, Asselin C, Nahmias C, Rivard N. Negative regulation of beta-catenin signaling by tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14274-83 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that SHP-1 may be involved in the regulation of beta-catenin transcriptional function and in the negative control of intestinal epithelial cell proliferation. ..
- Mishra S, Murphy L. Tissue transglutaminase has intrinsic kinase activity: identification of transglutaminase 2 as an insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 kinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23863-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that TG2 is a major component of the IGFBP-3 kinase activity present on breast cancer cell membranes...
- Richard M, Thibault N, Veilleux P, Gareau Pagé G, Beaulieu A. Granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor reduces the affinity of SHP-2 for the ITIM of CLECSF6 in neutrophils: a new mechanism of action for SHP-2. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:1716-21 pubmed..Therefore, upon a treatment with GM-CSF, SHP-2 could move from a CLECSF6 associated signalosome with a repressor function to a GM-CSF receptor associated signalosome with an activator function. ..
- Van Petegem F. Ryanodine receptors: structure and function. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:31624-32 pubmed publisher..With the advent of high-resolution structures of individual domains, many of these can be mapped onto the three-dimensional structure. ..
- Williams K, Rahimtula M, Mearow K. Hsp27 and axonal growth in adult sensory neurons in vitro. BMC Neurosci. 2005;6:24 pubmed..Our results suggest that this may also be the case in neurons and support a role for Hsp27 in neurite outgrowth via its phosphorylation state-dependent interactions with actin. ..
- Gravel A, Gosselin J, Flamand L. Human Herpesvirus 6 immediate-early 1 protein is a sumoylated nuclear phosphoprotein colocalizing with promyelocytic leukemia protein-associated nuclear bodies. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19679-87 pubmed..Overall, the characterization of the HHV-6 IE1B protein presented highlights the similarity and divergence between IE1 from both variants and provides useful information pertaining to the early phase of infection. ..
- Caron L, Rousseau F, Gagnon E, Isenring P. Cloning and functional characterization of a cation-Cl- cotransporter-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32027-36 pubmed..CIP1 may be part of a novel family of proteins that modifies the activity or kinetics of CCCs through heterodimer formation. ..
- Rottapel R, Ilangumaran S, Neale C, La Rose J, Ho J, Nguyen M, et al. The tumor suppressor activity of SOCS-1. Oncogene. 2002;21:4351-62 pubmed..These data suggest that loss-of-function of SOCS-1 may collaborate with a variety of hematopoietic oncogenes to facilitate tumor progression. ..
- Zheng Y, Liu H, Coughlin J, Zheng J, Li L, Stone J. Phosphorylation of RasGRP3 on threonine 133 provides a mechanistic link between PKC and Ras signaling systems in B cells. Blood. 2005;105:3648-54 pubmed..PKC-mediated regulation of RasGRPs in lymphocytes may generate cooperative signaling in response to increases in DAG. The mast- and myeloid-selective family member RasGRP4 is regulated by different means. ..
- Gratuze M, Cisbani G, Cicchetti F, Planel E. Is Huntington's disease a tauopathy?. Brain. 2016;139:1014-25 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the past and current evidence in favour of the postulate that Huntington's disease is a new member of the family of tauopathies. ..
- Lukong K, Huot M, Richard S. BRK phosphorylates PSF promoting its cytoplasmic localization and cell cycle arrest. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1415-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that BRK targets the PSF RNA-binding protein during EGF stimulation. ..
- Gelinas D, Bernatchez P, Rollin S, Bazan N, Sirois M. Immediate and delayed VEGF-mediated NO synthesis in endothelial cells: role of PI3K, PKC and PLC pathways. Br J Pharmacol. 2002;137:1021-30 pubmed..5. In conclusion, VEGF induces an immediate cGMP synthesis through the PLC-Ca2+/CaM pathway, and that the induction of delayed cGMP synthesis implies Akt and PKC activity. ..
- Roy D, Casabon I, Vaillancourt K, Huot J, Vadeboncoeur C. Streptococci and lactococci synthesize large amounts of HPr(Ser-P)(His~P). Can J Microbiol. 2008;54:941-9 pubmed publisher..We also showed that Streptococcus salivarius IIABLMan, a protein involved in sugar transport by the PTS, could be efficiently phosphorylated by HPr(Ser-P)(His~P). ..
- Doyon P, Servant M. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor-6 and ribosomal S6 kinase intracellular pathways link the angiotensin II AT1 receptor to the phosphorylation and activation of the IkappaB kinase complex in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30708-18 pubmed publisher
- Sylvester J, El Mabrouk M, Ahmad R, Chaudry A, Zafarullah M. Interleukin-1 induction of aggrecanase gene expression in human articular chondrocytes is mediated by mitogen-activated protein kinases. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:563-74 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of these targets by the specific pharmacological agents could be useful for reducing aggrecanase-driven cartilage resorption in arthritis. ..
- Doble B, Dang X, Ping P, Fandrich R, Nickel B, Jin Y, et al. Phosphorylation of serine 262 in the gap junction protein connexin-43 regulates DNA synthesis in cell-cell contact forming cardiomyocytes. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:507-14 pubmed..Cell-cell contact, and possibly gap junction-mediated communication is required, however, in order to reverse Cx43 inhibition of DNA synthesis by S262 phosphorylation. ..
- Lamalice L, Houle F, Huot J. Phosphorylation of Tyr1214 within VEGFR-2 triggers the recruitment of Nck and activation of Fyn leading to SAPK2/p38 activation and endothelial cell migration in response to VEGF. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34009-20 pubmed..In turn, this triggers the activation of the SAPK2/p38 MAP kinase module, and promotes stress fiber formation and endothelial cell migration. ..
- Jørgensen C, Sherman A, Chen G, Pasculescu A, Poliakov A, Hsiung M, et al. Cell-specific information processing in segregating populations of Eph receptor ephrin-expressing cells. Science. 2009;326:1502-9 pubmed publisher..We provide systems- and cell-specific network models of contact-initiated signaling between two distinct cell types. ..
- Crawley A, Faucher S, Angel J. Soluble IL-7R alpha (sCD127) inhibits IL-7 activity and is increased in HIV infection. J Immunol. 2010;184:4679-87 pubmed publisher..g., HIV infection, cancer) and its potential impact on IL-7 as a therapeutic approach. ..
- Ilangumaran S, Ramanathan S, Ning T, La Rose J, Reinhart B, Poussier P, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 attenuates IL-15 receptor signaling in CD8+ thymocytes. Blood. 2003;102:4115-22 pubmed..Because many different cell types express IL-15, our results strongly suggest that SOCS1 functions as an indispensable attenuator of IL-15 receptor signaling in developing CD8+ thymocytes. ..
- Smadja Lamère N, Shum M, Déléris P, Roux P, Abe J, Marette A. Insulin activates RSK (p90 ribosomal S6 kinase) to trigger a new negative feedback loop that regulates insulin signaling for glucose metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31165-76 pubmed publisher..These results show that RSK is a novel regulator of insulin signaling and glucose metabolism and a potential mediator of insulin resistance, notably through the negative phosphorylation of IRS-1 on Ser-1101. ..
- Brauer M, Lu W, Ling M. Chronic ethanol administration alters hepatic rates of glycerol phosphorylation and glycerol 3-phosphate oxidation: a dynamic in vivo 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. Biochem Cell Biol. 1998;76:542-52 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of dynamic in vivo 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy in following the metabolism of a glycerol load as a sensitive, nonperturbing, and potentially clinically applicable test of liver function. ..
- Chouinard N, Valerie K, Rouabhia M, Huot J. UVB-mediated activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase enhances resistance of normal human keratinocytes to apoptosis by stabilizing cytoplasmic p53. Biochem J. 2002;365:133-45 pubmed..We conclude that the p38/p53 pathway plays a key role in the adaptive response of normal human keratinocytes against UV stress. ..
- Laprise P, Viel A, Rivard N. Human homolog of disc-large is required for adherens junction assembly and differentiation of human intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10157-66 pubmed..We conclude that hDlg may be a determinant in E-cadherin-mediated adhesion and signaling in mammalian epithelial cells. ..
- Le Boeuf F, Houle F, Huot J. Regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-mediated phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase by heat shock protein 90 and Src kinase activities. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39175-85 pubmed..Our findings underscore for the first time the key role played by the VEGFR2-HSP90-RhoA-ROCK-FAK/Tyr(407) pathway in transducing the VEGF signal that leads to the assembly of focal adhesions and endothelial cell migration. ..
- Stefanovsky V, Langlois F, Bazett Jones D, Pelletier G, Moss T. ERK modulates DNA bending and enhancesome structure by phosphorylating HMG1-boxes 1 and 2 of the RNA polymerase I transcription factor UBF. Biochemistry. 2006;45:3626-34 pubmed..The data demonstrate that ERK phosphorylation of UBF prevents DNA bending by its first two HMG boxes, leading to a cooperative unfolding of the enhancesome. ..
- Niknejad N, Morley M, Dimitroulakos J. Activation of the integrated stress response regulates lovastatin-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29748-56 pubmed..Therefore, lovastatin, by targeting mevalonate synthesis, is a potent inducer of the ISR through a novel and as yet unrecognized mechanism. ..
- Yang A, Abbott K, Desjardins A, Di Lello P, Omichinski J, Legault P. NMR structure of a complex formed by the carboxyl-terminal domain of human RAP74 and a phosphorylated peptide from the central domain of the FCP1 phosphatase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:1964-74 pubmed publisher..These differences point to the adaptability of RAP74 to recognize the two regions of FCP1. Our NMR and thermodynamic studies further elucidate the complex molecular mechanism by which TFIIF and FCP1 cooperate for RNAPII recycling. ..
- Lysechko T, Cheung S, Ostergaard H. Regulation of the tyrosine kinase Pyk2 by calcium is through production of reactive oxygen species in cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31174-84 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the possibility that Pyk2 acts as an early sensor of numerous extracellular signals that trigger a Ca(2+) flux and/or reactive oxygen species to amplify tyrosine phosphorylation signaling events. ..
- St Denis N, Bailey M, Parker E, Vilk G, Litchfield D. Localization of phosphorylated CK2alpha to the mitotic spindle requires the peptidyl-prolyl isomerase Pin1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2341-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, because Pin1 has many important spindle substrates, this might represent a general mechanism for localization of mitotic signalling proteins. ..
- Semache M, Zarrouki B, Fontes G, Fogarty S, Kikani C, Chawki M, et al. Per-Arnt-Sim kinase regulates pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 protein stability via phosphorylation of glycogen synthase kinase 3? in pancreatic ?-cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24825-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PASK phosphorylates and inactivates GSK3?, thereby preventing PDX-1 serine phosphorylation and alleviating GSK3?-mediated PDX-1 protein degradation in pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Rocha J, Zouanat F, Zoubeidi A, Hamel L, Benidir T, Scarlata E, et al. The Fer tyrosine kinase acts as a downstream interleukin-6 effector of androgen receptor activation in prostate cancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;381:140-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether these findings support a Fer contribution to aberrant AR signaling via pSTAT3 cross-talks during CRPC progression. ..
- Figlewicz D, Rouleau G, Krizus A, Julien J. Polymorphism in the multi-phosphorylation domain of the human neurofilament heavy-subunit-encoding gene. Gene. 1993;132:297-300 pubmed..In addition, we also identified a point mutation in one individual which would result in a Pro-->Leu substitution in one of the repeat motifs. ..
- Briand G, Barbeau B, Tremblay M. Binding of HIV-1 to its receptor induces tyrosine phosphorylation of several CD4-associated proteins, including the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Virology. 1997;228:171-9 pubmed..The four CD4-associated molecules described in this report are most likely implicated in virus-induced CD4-linked signaling events. ..
- Micheva K, Ramjaun A, Kay B, McPherson P. SH3 domain-dependent interactions of endophilin with amphiphysin. FEBS Lett. 1997;414:308-12 pubmed..The interaction is direct and mediated through a 43 amino acid region of amphiphysin containing the putative SH3 binding site. These data further support a role for amphiphysin I, II and endophilin in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. ..
- Liu S, McGlade C. Gads is a novel SH2 and SH3 domain-containing adaptor protein that binds to tyrosine-phosphorylated Shc. Oncogene. 1998;17:3073-82 pubmed
- Wong A, Durbin J, Li S, Dever T, Decker T, Koromilas A. Enhanced antiviral and antiproliferative properties of a STAT1 mutant unable to interact with the protein kinase PKR. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13727-37 pubmed..These data substantiate our previous findings on the inhibitory effects of PKR on STAT1 and implicate STAT1 in translational control through the modulation of PKR activation and eIF-2alpha phosphorylation. ..
- Soboloff J, Berger S. Sustained ER Ca2+ depletion suppresses protein synthesis and induces activation-enhanced cell death in mast cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13812-20 pubmed
- Bisson S, Ujack E, Robbins S. Isolation and characterization of a novel, transforming allele of the c-Cbl proto-oncogene from a murine macrophage cell line. Oncogene. 2002;21:3677-87 pubmed
- Barat C, Tremblay M. Treatment of human T cells with bisperoxovanadium phosphotyrosyl phosphatase inhibitors leads to activation of cyclooxygenase-2 gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6992-7000 pubmed..These results suggest that PTP inhibitors can activate COX-2 gene expression in a manner very similar to the stimulation induced by TCR triggering. ..
- Proteau A, Blier S, Albert A, Lavoie S, Traish A, Vincent M. The multifunctional nuclear protein p54nrb is multiphosphorylated in mitosis and interacts with the mitotic regulator Pin1. J Mol Biol. 2005;346:1163-72 pubmed..Our results also showed that Pin1 binding was favored when at least two of the three threonine residues were phosphorylated, suggesting a regulation mechanism based on multisite phosphorylation. ..
- Emberley E, Niu Y, Curtis L, Troup S, Mandal S, Myers J, et al. The S100A7-c-Jun activation domain binding protein 1 pathway enhances prosurvival pathways in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5696-702 pubmed..We conclude that the S100A7-Jab1 pathway acts to enhance survival under conditions of cellular stress, such as anoikis, which may promote progression of breast cancer. ..
- Gee K, Angel J, Ma W, Mishra S, Gajanayaka N, Parato K, et al. Intracellular HIV-Tat expression induces IL-10 synthesis by the CREB-1 transcription factor through Ser133 phosphorylation and its regulation by the ERK1/2 MAPK in human monocytic cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31647-58 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest that intracellular HIV-Tat induces IL-10 transcription by ERK MAPK-dependent CREB-1 transcription factor activation through Ser(133) phosphorylation. ..
- Zhao X, Laschinger C, Arora P, Szaszi K, Kapus A, McCulloch C. Force activates smooth muscle alpha-actin promoter activity through the Rho signaling pathway. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1801-9 pubmed..Force-mediated actin filament assembly promotes nuclear translocation of MRTF and subsequent activation of the SMA promoter to enhance SMA expression. ..
- Majeau N, Bolduc M, Duvignaud J, Fromentin R, Leclerc D. Effect of cAMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) on HCV nucleocapsid assembly and degradation. Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;85:78-87 pubmed..Mutation S116A restored the core protein content. These results suggest that PKA phosphorylation can modulate HCV core levels in infected cells. ..
- Malleshaiah M, Shahrezaei V, Swain P, Michnick S. The scaffold protein Ste5 directly controls a switch-like mating decision in yeast. Nature. 2010;465:101-5 pubmed publisher..Similar mechanisms may govern cellular decisions in higher organisms and be disrupted in cancer. ..
- Thibault D, Albert P, Pineyro G, Trudeau L. Neurotensin triggers dopamine D2 receptor desensitization through a protein kinase C and beta-arrestin1-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9174-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that NT acutely regulates D2 autoreceptor function and DA neuron excitability through PKC-mediated phosphorylation of the D2R, leading to heterologous receptor desensitization. ..
- Weiss N, Zamponi G. Regulation of voltage-gated calcium channels by synaptic proteins. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;740:759-75 pubmed publisher..In this chapter we summarize our present knowledge of the molecular mechanisms by which synaptic proteins regulate presynaptic calcium channel activity. ..
- Landry J, Huot J. Regulation of actin dynamics by stress-activated protein kinase 2 (SAPK2)-dependent phosphorylation of heat-shock protein of 27 kDa (Hsp27). Biochem Soc Symp. 1999;64:79-89 pubmed