Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Belgium
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- De Vos K, Severin F, Van Herreweghe F, Vancompernolle K, Goossens V, Hyman A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor induces hyperphosphorylation of kinesin light chain and inhibits kinesin-mediated transport of mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1207-14 pubmed..These data provide evidence for direct regulation of kinesin-mediated organelle transport by extracellular stimuli via cytokine receptor signaling pathways. ..
- Van Laethem F, Baus E, Smyth L, Andris F, Bex F, Urbain J, et al. Glucocorticoids attenuate T cell receptor signaling. J Exp Med. 2001;193:803-14 pubmed
- Van de Sande T, Roskams T, Lerut E, Joniau S, Van Poppel H, Verhoeven G, et al. High-level expression of fatty acid synthase in human prostate cancer tissues is linked to activation and nuclear localization of Akt/PKB. J Pathol. 2005;206:214-9 pubmed
- Jossin Y, Gui L, Goffinet A. Processing of Reelin by embryonic neurons is important for function in tissue but not in dissociated cultured neurons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4243-52 pubmed
- Nikolova E, Mitev V, Zhelev N, Deroanne C, Poumay Y. The small Rho GTPase Rac1 controls normal human dermal fibroblasts proliferation with phosphorylation of the oncoprotein c-myc. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:834-9 pubmed..Thus Rac1 activates proliferation of normal fibroblasts through stimulation of c-myc phosphorylation without affecting ERK1/2 activity. ..
- de Diesbach P, Medts T, Carpentier S, D Auria L, Van Der Smissen P, Platek A, et al. Differential subcellular membrane recruitment of Src may specify its downstream signalling. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:1465-79 pubmed publisher..Whether this model is applicable to c-Src remains to be examined. ..
- Croons V, Martinet W, Herman A, Timmermans J, De Meyer G. The protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin induces macrophage apoptosis in rabbit atherosclerotic plaques through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:856-64 pubmed publisher..p38 MAPK, but not ERK1/2 or JNK, plays a major role in anisomycin-induced macrophage death. ..
- De Brouwer S, De Preter K, Kumps C, Zabrocki P, Porcu M, Westerhout E, et al. Meta-analysis of neuroblastomas reveals a skewed ALK mutation spectrum in tumors with MYCN amplification. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4353-62 pubmed publisher..ALK mutations occur in equal frequencies across all genomic subtypes, but F1174L mutants are observed in a higher frequency of MYCN-amplified tumors and show increased transforming capacity as compared with the R1275Q mutants. ..
- Abdel Sater F, Jean C, Merhi A, Vissers S, Andre B. Amino acid signaling in yeast: activation of Ssy5 protease is associated with its phosphorylation-induced ubiquitylation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12006-15 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Ssy5 protease is activated by phosphorylation-induced ubiquitylation, the effect of which is relief from inhibition by its prodomain. ..
- Charlier T, Harada N, Balthazart J, Cornil C. Human and quail aromatase activity is rapidly and reversibly inhibited by phosphorylating conditions. Endocrinology. 2011;152:4199-210 pubmed publisher..These processes provide a new general mechanism by which local estrogen concentration can be rapidly altered in the brain and other tissues...
- Le Bastard N, Aerts L, Sleegers K, Martin J, Van Broeckhoven C, De Deyn P, et al. Longitudinal stability of cerebrospinal fluid biomarker levels: fulfilled requirement for pharmacodynamic markers in Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2013;33:807-22 pubmed publisher..Only T-tau increased in AD patients in comparison to controls, which does not preclude its use as a diagnostic marker, nor as a potential pharmacodynamic marker. ..
- Armacki M, Joodi G, Nimmagadda S, De Kimpe L, Pusapati G, Vandoninck S, et al. A novel splice variant of calcium and integrin-binding protein 1 mediates protein kinase D2-stimulated tumour growth by regulating angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2014;33:1167-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, CIB1a is a novel mediator of PKD2-driven carcinogenesis and a potentially interesting therapeutic target. ..
- Beyaert R, Vanhaesebroeck B, Declercq W, van Lint J, Vandenabele P, Agostinis P, et al. Casein kinase-1 phosphorylates the p75 tumor necrosis factor receptor and negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor signaling for apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:23293-9 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that the p75 TNF receptor is phosphorylated and associated with CK-1, which negatively regulates p75-mediated TNF signaling. ..
- van Renterghem P, Dremier S, Vassart G, Christophe D. Study of TTF-1 gene expression in dog thyrocytes in primary culture. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;112:83-93 pubmed
- De Strooper B, Beullens M, Contreras B, Levesque L, Craessaerts K, Cordell B, et al. Phosphorylation, subcellular localization, and membrane orientation of the Alzheimer's disease-associated presenilins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3590-8 pubmed
- De Corte V, Gettemans J, Vandekerckhove J. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate specifically stimulates PP60(c-src) catalyzed phosphorylation of gelsolin and related actin-binding proteins. FEBS Lett. 1997;401:191-6 pubmed..Other mammalian actin-binding proteins such as profilin and CapG but also fragmin from Physarum polycephalum are similar targets for PIP2-stimulated pp60(c-src) phosphorylation. ..
- Deldicque L, De Bock K, Maris M, Ramaekers M, Nielens H, Francaux M, et al. Increased p70s6k phosphorylation during intake of a protein-carbohydrate drink following resistance exercise in the fasted state. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010;108:791-800 pubmed..05). Our results indicate that prior fasting may stimulate the intramyocellular anabolic response to ingestion of a carbohydrate/protein/leucine mixture following a heavy resistance training session. ..
- Vandereyken M, Singh P, Wathieu C, Jacques S, Zurashvilli T, Dejager L, et al. Dual-Specificity Phosphatase 3 Deletion Protects Female, but Not Male, Mice from Endotoxemia-Induced and Polymicrobial-Induced Septic Shock. J Immunol. 2017;199:2515-2527 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that estrogens may modulate M2-like responses during endotoxemia in a DUSP3-dependent manner. ..
- Waelkens E, Gettemans J, De Corte V, De Ville Y, Goris J, Vandekerckhove J, et al. Microfilament dynamics: regulation of actin polymerization by actin-fragmin kinase and phosphatases. Adv Enzyme Regul. 1995;35:199-227 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Baatout S, Derradji H. About histone H1 phosphorylation during mitosis. Cell Biochem Funct. 2006;24:93-4 pubmed
- Van Herreweghe F, Mao J, Chaplen F, Grooten J, Gevaert K, Vandekerckhove J, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-induced modulation of glyoxalase I activities through phosphorylation by PKA results in cell death and is accompanied by the formation of a specific methylglyoxal-derived AGE. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:949-54 pubmed
- Antoons G, Vangheluwe P, Volders P, Bito V, Holemans P, Ceci M, et al. Increased phospholamban phosphorylation limits the force-frequency response in the MLP-/- mouse with heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2006;40:350-60 pubmed..This represents a novel paradigm for altered Ca(2+) handling in heart failure, underscoring the importance of phosphorylation pathways. ..
- Dogusan Z, Hooghe R, Verdood P, Hooghe Peters E. Cytokine-like effects of prolactin in human mononuclear and polymorphonuclear leukocytes. J Neuroimmunol. 2001;120:58-66 pubmed..Most importantly, PRL modulates the expression of genes crucial to leukocyte function. The present findings reinforce the concept that PRL has "cytokine-like" activity in human leukocytes. ..
- Van Coster R, Seneca S, Smet J, Van Hecke R, Gerlo E, Devreese B, et al. Homozygous Gly555Glu mutation in the nuclear-encoded 70 kDa flavoprotein gene causes instability of the respiratory chain complex II. Am J Med Genet A. 2003;120A:13-8 pubmed..This observation prompts speculation of a labile interaction between Ip and Fp polypeptides and of a key role of the amino acid at position 555 in the interacting domain. ..
- Vandenbosch D, Bink A, Govaert G, Cammue B, Nelis H, Thevissen K, et al. Phytosphingosine-1-phosphate is a signaling molecule involved in miconazole resistance in sessile Candida albicans cells. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:2290-4 pubmed publisher..albicans cells. ..
- Espuny Camacho I, Arranz A, Fiers M, Snellinx A, Ando K, Munck S, et al. Hallmarks of Alzheimer's Disease in Stem-Cell-Derived Human Neurons Transplanted into Mouse Brain. Neuron. 2017;93:1066-1081.e8 pubmed publisher..This novel chimeric model for AD displays human-specific pathological features and allows the analysis of different genetic backgrounds and mutations during the course of the disease. ..
- Lisco A, Vanpouille C, Tchesnokov E, Grivel J, Biancotto A, Brichacek B, et al. Acyclovir is activated into a HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitor in herpesvirus-infected human tissues. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;4:260-270 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ACV anti-HIV-1 activity may contribute to the response of HIV/HHV-coinfected patients to ACV treatment and could guide strategies for the development of new HIV-1 RT inhibitors. ..
- Janssens K, De Kimpe L, Balsamo M, Vandoninck S, Vandenheede J, Gertler F, et al. Characterization of EVL-I as a protein kinase D substrate. Cell Signal. 2009;21:282-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that phosphorylated EVL-I is present in lamellipodia, filopodia and cell-cell contacts and suggest the existence of signaling pathways that may affect EVL-I via phosphorylation of its EVH2 domain. ..
- Lee J, Jung S, Yang K, Bae E, Ahn S, Park J, et al. A20 promotes metastasis of aggressive basal-like breast cancers through multi-monoubiquitylation of Snail1. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1260-1273 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover an essential role of the A20-Snail1 axis in TGF-?1-induced EMT and metastasis of basal-like breast cancers. ..
- Escalante Ochoa C, Ducatelle R, Charlier G, De Vos K, Haesebrouck F. Significance of host cell kinesin in the development of Chlamydia psittaci. Infect Immun. 1999;67:5441-6 pubmed..Our results show that kinesin activity is required for optimal development of these microorganisms, most probably acting through the apposition of mitochondria to the C. psittaci inclusions. ..
- Sonveaux P, Brouet A, Havaux X, Gregoire V, Dessy C, Balligand J, et al. Irradiation-induced angiogenesis through the up-regulation of the nitric oxide pathway: implications for tumor radiotherapy. Cancer Res. 2003;63:1012-9 pubmed..Moreover, our demonstration that the inhibition of NO production suppresses these provascular effects of irradiation highlights new potentials for the coordinated use of antiangiogenic strategies and radiotherapy in clinical practice. ..
- Boudolf V, Inze D, De Veylder L. What if higher plants lack a CDC25 phosphatase?. Trends Plant Sci. 2006;11:474-9 pubmed
- van de Velde H, Roebroek A, Senden N, Ramaekers F, Van de Ven W. NSP-encoded reticulons, neuroendocrine proteins of a novel gene family associated with membranes of the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Sci. 1994;107 ( Pt 9):2403-16 pubmed..The results of our studies seem to indicate that the NSP-encoded proteins are novel, membrane-anchored components of the endoplasmic reticulum for which we propose the name reticulons. ..
- Van Hoof C, Goris J. PP2A fulfills its promises as tumor suppressor: which subunits are important?. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:105-6 pubmed..Recent studies reveal a role for a specific form of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) in viral-induced cell transformation by interaction with the small t antigen (ST) of the DNA tumor simian virus 40 (SV40)...
- De Schutter K, Joubès J, Cools T, Verkest A, Corellou F, Babiychuk E, et al. Arabidopsis WEE1 kinase controls cell cycle arrest in response to activation of the DNA integrity checkpoint. Plant Cell. 2007;19:211-25 pubmed
- Blumensatt M, Wronkowitz N, Wiza C, Cramer A, Mueller H, Rabelink M, et al. Adipocyte-derived factors impair insulin signaling in differentiated human vascular smooth muscle cells via the upregulation of miR-143. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:275-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the detrimental effects of adipocyte-derived conditioned media on insulin action in primary hVSMC can be ascribed to the Alk- and p38-dependent induction of miR-143 and subsequent downregulation of ORP8. ..
- Vertommen D, Rider M, Ni Y, Waelkens E, Merlevede W, Vandenheede J, et al. Regulation of protein kinase D by multisite phosphorylation. Identification of phosphorylation sites by mass spectrometry and characterization by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19567-76 pubmed..In conclusion, our results show that PKD is a multisite phosphorylated enzyme and suggest that its phosphorylation may be an intricate process that regulates its biological functions in very distinct ways. ..
- De Craene J, Soetens O, Andre B. The Npr1 kinase controls biosynthetic and endocytic sorting of the yeast Gap1 permease. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43939-48 pubmed..Npr1 belongs to a subgroup of protein kinases, some of which are reported to exert a positive control on the activity of other permeases. We propose that these kinases also function as regulators of permease trafficking. ..
- Wiame E, Duquenne A, Delpierre G, van Schaftingen E. Identification of enzymes acting on alpha-glycated amino acids in Bacillus subtilis. FEBS Lett. 2004;577:469-72 pubmed..These enzymes are therefore involved in the metabolism of alpha-glycated amino acids. ..
- Langer I, Langlet C, Robberecht P. Effect of inactivating mutations on phosphorylation and internalization of the human VPAC2 receptor. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;34:405-14 pubmed..The mutations studied also reduced both receptor phosphorylation and internalization in a manner that appeared directly linked to the alteration of Galphas and Galpha16 coupling. ..
- Van Kolen K, Gilany K, Moens L, Esmans E, Slegers H. P2Y12 receptor signalling towards PKB proceeds through IGF-I receptor cross-talk and requires activation of Src, Pyk2 and Rap1. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1169-81 pubmed
- Lesage B, Qian J, Bollen M. Spindle checkpoint silencing: PP1 tips the balance. Curr Biol. 2011;21:R898-903 pubmed publisher..In addition, PP1 also directly inactivates a kinetochore-associated pool of Aurora B and silences checkpoint signaling by opposing the centromeric targeting of Aurora B. ..
- Qian J, Beullens M, Lesage B, Bollen M. Aurora B defines its own chromosomal targeting by opposing the recruitment of the phosphatase scaffold Repo-Man. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1136-43 pubmed publisher..We propose that the reciprocal feedback regulation of Haspin and Repo-Man by Aurora B generates a robust bistable response that culminates in the centromeric targeting of the CPC during prometaphase. ..
- Chariot A, Gielen J, Merville M, Bours V. The homeodomain-containing proteins: an update on their interacting partners. Biochem Pharmacol. 1999;58:1851-7 pubmed..We also outline the molecular programs that are regulated by the transcriptional complexes involving the HOX gene products and where new pharmacological tools could find interesting targets. ..
- Lejeune D, Dumoutier L, Constantinescu S, Kruijer W, Schuringa J, Renauld J. Interleukin-22 (IL-22) activates the JAK/STAT, ERK, JNK, and p38 MAP kinase pathways in a rat hepatoma cell line. Pathways that are shared with and distinct from IL-10. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33676-82 pubmed..Finally, by overexpressing a STAT3 S727A mutant, we showed that serine phosphorylation is required to achieve maximum transactivation of a STAT responsive promoter upon IL-22 stimulation. ..
- Coulonval K, Bockstaele L, Paternot S, Dumont J, Roger P. The cyclin D3-CDK4-p27kip1 holoenzyme in thyroid epithelial cells: activation by TSH, inhibition by TGFbeta, and phosphorylations of its subunits demonstrated by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Exp Cell Res. 2003;291:135-49 pubmed..Moreover, it demonstrates a technique to directly assess the in vivo phosphorylation of endogenous CDK4, which might appear as a last regulated step targeted by the antagonistic cell cycle effects of TSH and TGFbeta. ..
- Vriens J, Watanabe H, Janssens A, Droogmans G, Voets T, Nilius B. Cell swelling, heat, and chemical agonists use distinct pathways for the activation of the cation channel TRPV4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:396-401 pubmed..Phorbol esters and heat operate by means of a distinct, PLA(2)- and cytochrome p450 epoxygenase-independent pathway, which critically depends on an aromatic residue at the N terminus of the third transmembrane domain. ..
- Nilius B, Prenen J, Tang J, Wang C, Owsianik G, Janssens A, et al. Regulation of the Ca2+ sensitivity of the nonselective cation channel TRPM4. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6423-33 pubmed..Thus, the Ca(2+) sensitivity of TRPM4 is regulated by ATP, PKC-dependent phosphorylation, and calmodulin binding at the C terminus. ..
- Vander Mierde D, Scheuner D, Quintens R, Patel R, Song B, Tsukamoto K, et al. Glucose activates a protein phosphatase-1-mediated signaling pathway to enhance overall translation in pancreatic beta-cells. Endocrinology. 2007;148:609-17 pubmed..Because defects in the pancreatic endoplasmic reticulum kinase-eIF2alpha signaling system lead to beta-cell failure and diabetes, deregulation of the PP1 system could likewise lead to cellular dysfunction and disease. ..
- Rider M, Hussain N, Dilworth S, Storey J, Storey K. AMP-activated protein kinase and metabolic regulation in cold-hardy insects. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1453-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study suggests a re-sculpting of metabolism during insect diapause, which shifted to a more catabolic poise in freeze-avoiding overwintering Epiblema larvae, possibly involving AMPK. ..
- Beullens M, Vulsteke V, Van Eynde A, Jagiello I, Stalmans W, Bollen M. The C-terminus of NIPP1 (nuclear inhibitor of protein phosphatase-1) contains a novel binding site for protein phosphatase-1 that is controlled by tyrosine phosphorylation and RNA binding. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 3:651-8 pubmed..Our data are in agreement with a shared-site model for the interaction of PP1(C) with its regulatory subunits. ..
- Delpierre G, Van Schaftingen E. Fructosamine 3-kinase, an enzyme involved in protein deglycation. Biochem Soc Trans. 2003;31:1354-7 pubmed..The presence of proteins related to fructosamine 3-kinase in many prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes suggests that this 'deglycation' process is not restricted to mammals. ..
- Ahrabi A, Terryn S, Valenti G, Caron N, Serradeil Le Gal C, Raufaste D, et al. PKD1 haploinsufficiency causes a syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis in mice. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1740-53 pubmed..These data give new insights in the potential roles of polycystin-1 in the AVP and Ca(2+) signaling and the trafficking of AQP2 in the CD. ..
- Gloire G, Horion J, El Mjiyad N, Bex F, Chariot A, Dejardin E, et al. Promoter-dependent effect of IKKalpha on NF-kappaB/p65 DNA binding. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21308-18 pubmed..We conclude that nuclear IKKalpha is required for p65 DNA binding in a gene-specific manner. ..
- Bobik K, Duby G, Nizet Y, Vandermeeren C, Stiernet P, Kanczewska J, et al. Two widely expressed plasma membrane H(+)-ATPase isoforms of Nicotiana tabacum are differentially regulated by phosphorylation of their penultimate threonine. Plant J. 2010;62:291-301 pubmed publisher..Purification of either isoform showed that, when activated, the two isoforms did not form hetero-oligomers, which is further support for these two H(+)-ATPase subfamilies having different properties. ..
- Collet J, Stroobant V, Van Schaftingen E. Mechanistic studies of phosphoserine phosphatase, an enzyme related to P-type ATPases. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33985-90 pubmed..Thus, investigated residues appear to play an important role in the reaction mechanism of phosphoserine phosphatase, as is known for equivalent residues in P-type ATPases and haloacid dehalogenases. ..
- Baydoun H, Duc Dodon M, Lebrun S, Gazzolo L, Bex F. Regulation of the human T-cell leukemia virus gene expression depends on the localization of regulatory proteins Tax, Rex and p30II in specific nuclear subdomains. Gene. 2007;386:191-201 pubmed..These data support the idea that the transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of HTLV-1 gene expression depends on the concentration of select regulatory complexes at specific area of the nucleus. ..
- D hondt C, Srinivas S, Vereecke J, Himpens B. Adenosine opposes thrombin-induced inhibition of intercellular calcium wave in corneal endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1518-27 pubmed
- Kimpe M, Voordeckers K, Thevelein J, Van Zeebroeck G. Pkh1 interacts with and phosphorylates components of the yeast Gcn2/eIF2? system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:89-94 pubmed publisher..Hence, the physiological importance of the close interactions between Pkh1 and Gcn2 or eIF2 could depend on other conditions and/or other targets of the Gcn2/eIF2 system. ..
- Bontems S, Di Valentin E, Baudoux L, Rentier B, Sadzot Delvaux C, Piette J. Phosphorylation of varicella-zoster virus IE63 protein by casein kinases influences its cellular localization and gene regulation activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21050-60 pubmed..Finally, we showed that IE63 was capable of exerting its repressive activity in the cytoplasm, as well as in the nucleus, suggesting a regulation at the transcriptional and/or post-transcriptional level. ..
- Abdel Sater F, El Bakkoury M, Urrestarazu A, Vissers S, Andre B. Amino acid signaling in yeast: casein kinase I and the Ssy5 endoprotease are key determinants of endoproteolytic activation of the membrane-bound Stp1 transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9771-85 pubmed..Upon detection of external amino acids, Ssy1-Ptr3 likely allows-in a manner dependent on SCF(Grr1)-the Ssy5 endoprotease to gain access to and to cleave Stp1, this requiring prior phosphorylation of Stp1 by casein kinase I. ..
- Clement S, Dumont J, Schurmans S. Loss of calcyphosine gene expression in mouse and other rodents. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;232:407-13 pubmed
- Boudrez A, Beullens M, Waelkens E, Stalmans W, Bollen M. Phosphorylation-dependent interaction between the splicing factors SAP155 and NIPP1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31834-41 pubmed..We discuss how the interaction between NIPP1 and SAP155 could contribute to spliceosome (dis)assembly and the catalytic steps of splicing. ..
- Pequeux C, Keegan B, Hagelstein M, Geenen V, Legros J, North W. Oxytocin- and vasopressin-induced growth of human small-cell lung cancer is mediated by the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2004;11:871-85 pubmed
- Relvas L, Bouffioux C, Marcet B, Communi D, Makhoul M, Horckmans M, et al. Extracellular nucleotides and interleukin-8 production by ARPE cells: potential role of danger signals in blood-retinal barrier activation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1241-6 pubmed publisher..ATPgammaS, UTP, and UDP stimulate both basal and TNFalpha-induced IL-8 secretion in RPE cells through an ERK 1/2-dependent pathway. The results suggest that those effects are mediated by P2Y(2) and P2Y(6) receptors. ..
- Cho H, Ryu H, Rho S, Hill K, Smith S, Audenaert D, et al. A secreted peptide acts on BIN2-mediated phosphorylation of ARFs to potentiate auxin response during lateral root development. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:66-76 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study delineates a TDIF-TDR-BIN2 signalling cascade that controls regulation of ARF and AUX/IAA interaction independent of auxin perception during lateral root development...
- Wiame E, Delpierre G, Collard F, van Schaftingen E. Identification of a pathway for the utilization of the Amadori product fructoselysine in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42523-9 pubmed..The kinase and the deglycase were both induced when E. coli was grown on fructoselysine and then reached activities sufficient to account for the rate of fructoselysine utilization. ..
- Fortpied J, Gemayel R, Stroobant V, van Schaftingen E. Plant ribulosamine/erythrulosamine 3-kinase, a putative protein-repair enzyme. Biochem J. 2005;388:795-802 pubmed..This enzyme may participate in a protein deglycation process removing Amadori products derived from ribose 5-phosphate and erythrose 4-phosphate, two Calvin cycle intermediates that are potent glycating agents. ..
- Niesler C, Myburgh K, Moore F. The changing AMPK expression profile in differentiating mouse skeletal muscle myoblast cells helps confer increasing resistance to apoptosis. Exp Physiol. 2007;92:207-17 pubmed..Furthermore, these results suggest that when interpreting results from in vitro or in vivo experiments on AMPK, the subunit expression profile should be taken into account. ..
- Saelens X, Kalai M, Vandenabeele P. Translation inhibition in apoptosis: caspase-dependent PKR activation and eIF2-alpha phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41620-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a new and caspase-dependent activation mode for PKR, leading to eIF2-alpha phosphorylation and translation inhibition in apoptosis. ..
- Vulsteke V, Beullens M, Boudrez A, Keppens S, Van Eynde A, Rider M, et al. Inhibition of spliceosome assembly by the cell cycle-regulated protein kinase MELK and involvement of splicing factor NIPP1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8642-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that MELK has a role in the cell cycle-regulated control of pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Collard F, Wiame E, Bergans N, Fortpied J, Vertommen D, Vanstapel F, et al. Fructosamine 3-kinase-related protein and deglycation in human erythrocytes. Biochem J. 2004;382:137-43 pubmed..These data indicate that FN3K-RP can phosphorylate intracellular, protein-bound psicosamines and ribulosamines, thus leading to deglycation. ..
- Dumoutier L, Tounsi A, Michiels T, Sommereyns C, Kotenko S, Renauld J. Role of the interleukin (IL)-28 receptor tyrosine residues for antiviral and antiproliferative activity of IL-29/interferon-lambda 1: similarities with type I interferon signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32269-74 pubmed..Taken together, these observations extend the functional similarities between IFN-lambdas and type I IFNs and shed some new light on the mechanisms of activation of STAT2 and STAT4 by these cytokines. ..
- Veiga da Cunha M, Jacquemin P, Delpierre G, Godfraind C, Theate I, Vertommen D, et al. Increased protein glycation in fructosamine 3-kinase-deficient mice. Biochem J. 2006;399:257-64 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that FN3K serves as a protein repair enzyme and also in the metabolism of endogenously produced free fructose-epsilon-lysine. ..
- Van Overloop H, Denizot Y, Baes M, Van Veldhoven P. On the presence of C2-ceramide in mammalian tissues: possible relationship to etherphospholipids and phosphorylation by ceramide kinase. Biol Chem. 2007;388:315-24 pubmed..Our data indicate that C(2)-ceramide is present in mammalian tissues and can be converted to C(2)-ceramide-1-phosphate, in addition to other documented metabolic alterations, but does not seem to be linked to ether lipid metabolism...
- Santos S, Tasiaux B, Sindic C, Octave J. Inhibition of neuronal calcium oscillations by cell surface APP phosphorylated on T668. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:2308-13 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results indicate that the intracellular domain of APP is needed to inhibit neuronal calcium oscillations because GSK3/JNK phosphorylation of T668 controls APP trafficking at the plasma membrane. ..
- Lemmens K, Doggen K, De Keulenaer G. Activation of the neuregulin/ErbB system during physiological ventricular remodeling in pregnancy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H931-42 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting this system during physiological overload may cause LV dysfunction in the absence of myocardial cell death. ..
- Amsailale R, Van Den Neste E, Arts A, Starczewska E, Bontemps F, Smal C. Phosphorylation of deoxycytidine kinase on Ser-74: impact on kinetic properties and nucleoside analog activation in cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:43-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that increasing phosphorylation of dCK on Ser-74 might constitute a valuable strategy to enhance the clinical efficacy of some NA, like dFdC, but not of CdA or F-Ara-A. ..
- Bettendorff L, Kolb H, Schoffeniels E. Thiamine triphosphate activates an anion channel of large unit conductance in neuroblastoma cells. J Membr Biol. 1993;136:281-8 pubmed..These observations agree with our previous results showing a modulation of chloride permeability by thiamine derivatives in membrane vesicles from rat brain. ..
- Collet J, Stroobant V, Pirard M, Delpierre G, Van Schaftingen E. A new class of phosphotransferases phosphorylated on an aspartate residue in an amino-terminal DXDX(T/V) motif. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:14107-12 pubmed..In conclusion, phosphomannomutase and L-3-phosphoserine phosphatase belong to a new phosphotransferase family with an amino-terminal DXDX(T/V) motif that serves as an intermediate phosphoryl acceptor. ..
- Hermans E, Challiss R. Structural, signalling and regulatory properties of the group I metabotropic glutamate receptors: prototypic family C G-protein-coupled receptors. Biochem J. 2001;359:465-84 pubmed
- Vermeulen L, De Wilde G, Van Damme P, Vanden Berghe W, Haegeman G. Transcriptional activation of the NF-kappaB p65 subunit by mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1 (MSK1). EMBO J. 2003;22:1313-24 pubmed..This effect represents, together with phosphorylation of nucleosome components such as histone H3, an essential step leading to selective transcriptional activation of NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression. ..
- Woods A, Vertommen D, Neumann D, Turk R, Bayliss J, Schlattner U, et al. Identification of phosphorylation sites in AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) for upstream AMPK kinases and study of their roles by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28434-42 pubmed..The newly identified phosphorylation sites could play a subtle role in the regulation of AMPK, e.g. in subcellular localization or substrate recognition. ..
- Vermassen E, Fissore R, Nadif Kasri N, Vanderheyden V, Callewaert G, Missiaen L, et al. Regulation of the phosphorylation of the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor by protein kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:888-93 pubmed
- Coene E, Hollinshead M, Waeytens A, Schelfhout V, Eechaute W, Shaw M, et al. Phosphorylated BRCA1 is predominantly located in the nucleus and mitochondria. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:997-1010 pubmed..Because phosphorylation of BRCA1 and subsequent changes in subcellular localization are known to follow DNA damage, our data support a universal role for BRCA1 in the maintenance of genome integrity in both mitochondria and nucleus. ..
- Verkest A, Manes C, Vercruysse S, Maes S, Van Der Schueren E, Beeckman T, et al. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor KRP2 controls the onset of the endoreduplication cycle during Arabidopsis leaf development through inhibition of mitotic CDKA;1 kinase complexes. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1723-36 pubmed..Moreover, the proposed model allowed a dynamical simulation of the in vivo observations, validating the sufficiency of the regulatory interactions between CDKA;1, KRP2, and CDKB1;1 in fine-tuning the mitosis-to-endocycle transition. ..
- Langlet C, Langer I, Vertongen P, Gaspard N, Vanderwinden J, Robberecht P. Contribution of the carboxyl terminus of the VPAC1 receptor to agonist-induced receptor phosphorylation, internalization, and recycling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28034-43 pubmed..Receptor recovery was blocked by monensin, an endosome inhibitor. ..