Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphoprotein phosphatase in France
Topic: phosphoprotein phosphatase
- Cladière L, Hamze K, Madec E, Levdikov V, Wilkinson A, Holland I, et al. The GTPase, CpgA(YloQ), a putative translation factor, is implicated in morphogenesis in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:409-20 pubmed..The crystal structure of CpgA(YloQ) suggests a role as a translation initiation factor and we discuss the possibility that CpgA is involved in the translation of a subset of proteins, including some required for shape maintenance. ..
- Vaur S, Poulhe R, Maton G, Andéol Y, Jessus C. Activation of Cdc2 kinase during meiotic maturation of axolotl oocyte. Dev Biol. 2004;267:265-78 pubmed..The intracellular compartmentalization as well as the low level of pre-MPF in axolotl oocyte could account for the differences in oocyte MPF activation in both species...
- Chartier A, Zaffran S, Astier M, Semeriva M, Gratecos D. Pericardin, a Drosophila type IV collagen-like protein is involved in the morphogenesis and maintenance of the heart epithelium during dorsal ectoderm closure. Development. 2002;129:3241-53 pubmed..Our results support, for the first time, the function of a collagen-like protein in the coordinated migration of dorsal ectoderm and heart cells. ..
- Lavergne J, Jault J, Galinier A. Insights into the functioning of Bacillus subtilis HPr kinase/phosphatase: affinity for its protein substrates and role of cations and phosphate. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6218-25 pubmed..An apparent competition between phosphate and a fluorescent analogue of nucleotide led to the suggestion that phosphate mediates its effect by binding directly to the ATP-binding site of the enzyme. ..
- Camilleri C, Azimzadeh J, Pastuglia M, Bellini C, Grandjean O, Bouchez D. The Arabidopsis TONNEAU2 gene encodes a putative novel protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit essential for the control of the cortical cytoskeleton. Plant Cell. 2002;14:833-45 pubmed
- Vera J, Lartigue L, Vigneron S, Gadea G, Gire V, Del Rio M, et al. Greatwall promotes cell transformation by hyperactivating AKT in human malignancies. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Thus, GWL is a human oncoprotein that promotes the hyperactivation of AKT via the degradation of its phosphatase, PHLPP, in human malignancies. ..
- Borgne A, Meijer L. Sequential dephosphorylation of p34(cdc2) on Thr-14 and Tyr-15 at the prophase/metaphase transition. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27847-54 pubmed
- Renvoisé B, Quérol G, Verrier E, Burlet P, Lefebvre S. A role for protein phosphatase PP1? in SMN complex formation and subnuclear localization to Cajal bodies. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2862-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a role of PP1? in the formation of the SMN complex and the maintenance of CB integrity. Finally, we propose Gemin8 interaction with PP1? as a target for therapeutic intervention in SMA. ..
- Fréville A, Landrieu I, García Gimeno M, Vicogne J, Montbarbon M, Bertin B, et al. Plasmodium falciparum inhibitor-3 homolog increases protein phosphatase type 1 activity and is essential for parasitic survival. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1306-21 pubmed publisher..The main localization of a GFP-tagged PfI3 in the nucleus of all blood stage parasites is compatible with a regulatory role of PfI3 on the activity of nuclear PfPP1. ..
- Dupeux F, Santiago J, Betz K, Twycross J, Park S, Rodriguez L, et al. A thermodynamic switch modulates abscisic acid receptor sensitivity. EMBO J. 2011;30:4171-84 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates how receptor oligomerization can modulate hormonal responses and more generally, the sensitivity of a ligand-dependent signalling system. ..
- Horn V, Thélu J, Garcia A, Albiges Rizo C, Block M, Viallet J. Functional interaction of Aurora-A and PP2A during mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1233-41 pubmed
- Obeid M, Tesniere A, Ghiringhelli F, Fimia G, Apetoh L, Perfettini J, et al. Calreticulin exposure dictates the immunogenicity of cancer cell death. Nat Med. 2007;13:54-61 pubmed..These data identify CRT as a key feature determining anticancer immune responses and delineate a possible strategy for immunogenic chemotherapy. ..
- Leulliot N, Vicentini G, Jordens J, Quevillon Cheruel S, Schiltz M, Barford D, et al. Crystal structure of the PP2A phosphatase activator: implications for its PP2A-specific PPIase activity. Mol Cell. 2006;23:413-24 pubmed..Structure-guided mutational studies showed that in vivo PTPA activity is influenced by mutations on the surface of the peptide binding pocket, the same mutations that also influenced the in vitro activation of PP2Ai and PPIase activity. ..
- Zhang C, Friry A, Peng L. Molecular and genetic analysis of two closely linked genes that encode, respectively, a protein phosphatase 1/2A/2B homolog and a protein kinase homolog in the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:2616-22 pubmed
- Guilluy C, Sauzeau V, Rolli Derkinderen M, Guerin P, Sagan C, Pacaud P, et al. Inhibition of RhoA/Rho kinase pathway is involved in the beneficial effect of sildenafil on pulmonary hypertension. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:1010-8 pubmed..The inhibition of intracellular events downstream of RhoA thus participates in the beneficial effect of sildenafil on PH. ..
- Palancade B, Dubois M, Dahmus M, Bensaude O. Transcription-independent RNA polymerase II dephosphorylation by the FCP1 carboxy-terminal domain phosphatase in Xenopus laevis early embryos. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6359-68 pubmed..This is the first report that free RNAP II is a substrate for FCP1 in vivo, independent from a transcription cycle. ..
- Obuchowski M, Madec E, Delattre D, Boel G, Iwanicki A, Foulger D, et al. Characterization of PrpC from Bacillus subtilis, a member of the PPM phosphatase family. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5634-8 pubmed..The prkC and prpC genes are adjacent on the chromosome, and the phosphorylated form of PrkC is a substrate for PrpC. These findings suggest that PrkC and PrpC may function as a couple in vivo. ..
- Kutuzov M, Solov eva O, Andreeva A, Bennett N. Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases PPEF interact with calmodulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1047-52 pubmed
- Madec E, Laszkiewicz A, Iwanicki A, Obuchowski M, Seror S. Characterization of a membrane-linked Ser/Thr protein kinase in Bacillus subtilis, implicated in developmental processes. Mol Microbiol. 2002;46:571-86 pubmed..In addition, we showed that the product of prpC, a PPM phosphatase encoded by the adjacent gene, co-transcribed with prkC, is also required for normal biofilm and spore formation. ..
- Mijakovic I, Poncet S, Galinier A, Monedero V, Fieulaine S, Janin J, et al. Pyrophosphate-producing protein dephosphorylation by HPr kinase/phosphorylase: a relic of early life?. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13442-7 pubmed publisher..In B. subtilis, this might be achieved by YvoE. This protein exhibits pyrophosphatase activity, and its gene is organized in an operon with hprK...
- Droillard M, Boudsocq M, Barbier Brygoo H, Laurière C. Different protein kinase families are activated by osmotic stresses in Arabidopsis thaliana cell suspensions. Involvement of the MAP kinases AtMPK3 and AtMPK6. FEBS Lett. 2002;527:43-50 pubmed..In contrast, these two transduction steps were not involved in the activation of the two protein kinases activated by high hyperosmolarity. ..
- Andreassen P, Lacroix F, Villa Moruzzi E, Margolis R. Differential subcellular localization of protein phosphatase-1 alpha, gamma1, and delta isoforms during both interphase and mitosis in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:1207-15 pubmed..We conclude that PP-1 isoforms are targeted to strikingly distinct and independent sites in the cell, permitting unique and independent roles for each of the isoforms in regulating discrete cellular processes. ..
- Chérel I, Michard E, Platet N, Mouline K, Alcon C, Sentenac H, et al. Physical and functional interaction of the Arabidopsis K(+) channel AKT2 and phosphatase AtPP2CA. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1133-46 pubmed..Regulation of AKT2 activity by AtPP2CA in planta could allow the control of K(+) transport and membrane polarization during stress situations. ..
- Weil R, Laurent Winter C, Israel A. Regulation of IkappaBbeta degradation. Similarities to and differences from IkappaBalpha. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:9942-9 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylation of these sites is necessary for degradation but does not necessarily constitute the signal-induced event that targets the molecule for proteolysis. ..
- Marsolier M, Roussel P, Leroy C, Mann C. Involvement of the PP2C-like phosphatase Ptc2p in the DNA checkpoint pathways of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;154:1523-32 pubmed..Deleting PTC2 specifically suppresses the hydroxyurea hypersensitivity of mec1 mutants and the lethality of mec1Delta. PTC2 is thus implicated in one or several functions related to RAD53, MEC1, and the DNA checkpoint pathways. ..
- Hériché J, Lebrin F, Rabilloud T, Leroy D, Chambaz E, Goldberg Y. Regulation of protein phosphatase 2A by direct interaction with casein kinase 2alpha. Science. 1997;276:952-5 pubmed..Moreover, CK2alpha inhibited the transforming activity of oncogenic Ras, but not that of constitutively activated MEK. Thus, CK2alpha may regulate the deactivation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. ..
- Agnes F, Suzanne M, Noselli S. The Drosophila JNK pathway controls the morphogenesis of imaginal discs during metamorphosis. Development. 1999;126:5453-62 pubmed..We discuss a general model whereby the JNK pathway regulates morphogenesis of epithelia with differentiated edges. ..
- Lapied B, Pennetier C, Apaire Marchais V, Licznar P, Corbel V. Innovative applications for insect viruses: towards insecticide sensitization. Trends Biotechnol. 2009;27:190-8 pubmed publisher..This attractive strategy could lead to sensitization of the insects, thus reducing the doses of insecticides and increasing the efficacy of treatments...
- Palancade B, Dubois M, Bensaude O. FCP1 phosphorylation by casein kinase 2 enhances binding to TFIIF and RNA polymerase II carboxyl-terminal domain phosphatase activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36061-7 pubmed..These findings unravel a new mechanism regulating CTD phosphorylation and hence class II gene transcription. ..
- Doi M, Cho S, Yujnovsky I, Hirayama J, Cermakian N, Cato A, et al. Light-inducible and clock-controlled expression of MAP kinase phosphatase 1 in mouse central pacemaker neurons. J Biol Rhythms. 2007;22:127-39 pubmed..The authors' studies on mkp1 have identified for the first time a gene encoding a phosphatase that functions in light-dependent and time-of-day-dependent manners in the mammalian central clock structure SCN. ..
- Jang J, Wang L, Jeanjean R, Zhang C. PrpJ, a PP2C-type protein phosphatase located on the plasma membrane, is involved in heterocyst maturation in the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:347-58 pubmed
- Ramstrom H, Sanglier S, Leize Wagner E, Philippe C, Van Dorsselaer A, Haiech J. Properties and regulation of the bifunctional enzyme HPr kinase/phosphatase in Bacillus subtilis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:1174-85 pubmed..This work suggests that the oligomeric state of the enzyme is influenced by several effectors and is correlated to the kinase or phosphatase activity. The phosphatase activity is mainly supported by the hexameric form. ..
- Oficjalska Pham D, Harismendy O, Smagowicz W, Gonzalez de Peredo A, Boguta M, Sentenac A, et al. General repression of RNA polymerase III transcription is triggered by protein phosphatase type 2A-mediated dephosphorylation of Maf1. Mol Cell. 2006;22:623-32 pubmed..The results indicate that Pol III transcription can be globally and rapidly downregulated via dephosphorylation and relocation of a general negative cofactor. ..
- Castanie Cornet M, Cam K, Jacq A. RcsF is an outer membrane lipoprotein involved in the RcsCDB phosphorelay signaling pathway in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:4264-70 pubmed..Conversely, activation of the pathway by RcsF overproduction does not require DjlA either, indicating the existence of two independent signaling pathways toward RcsC. ..
- Daher W, Browaeys E, Pierrot C, Jouin H, Dive D, Meurice E, et al. Regulation of protein phosphatase type 1 and cell cycle progression by PfLRR1, a novel leucine-rich repeat protein of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Mol Microbiol. 2006;60:578-90 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that PfLRR1 can regulate the cell cycle by binding to PP1 and regulating its activity. ..
- Vanoosthuyse V, Tichtinsky G, Dumas C, Gaude T, Cock J. Interaction of calmodulin, a sorting nexin and kinase-associated protein phosphatase with the Brassica oleracea S locus receptor kinase. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:919-29 pubmed publisher..The sorting nexin also interacted with diverse members of the PRK family, suggesting that all three of the interacting proteins described here may play a general role in signal transduction by this family of proteins...
- Palancade B, Marshall N, Tremeau Bravard A, Bensaude O, Dahmus M, Dubois M. Dephosphorylation of RNA polymerase II by CTD-phosphatase FCP1 is inhibited by phospho-CTD associating proteins. J Mol Biol. 2004;335:415-24 pubmed..These findings support the idea that specific phospho-CTD associating proteins can differentially modulate the dephosphorylation of RNAP IIO by steric hindrance and may play an important role in the regulation of gene expression. ..
- Mkaddem S, Werts C, Goujon J, Bens M, Pedruzzi E, Ogier Denis E, et al. Heat shock protein gp96 interacts with protein phosphatase 5 and controls toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2)-mediated activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1/2 in post-hypoxic kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12541-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that gp96 interacts with PP5 and controls TLR2-mediated induction of ERK1/2 in post-hypoxic renal tubule cells. ..
- Galinier A, Kravanja M, Engelmann R, Hengstenberg W, Kilhoffer M, Deutscher J, et al. New protein kinase and protein phosphatase families mediate signal transduction in bacterial catabolite repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1823-8 pubmed..Although up to now the HPr modifying/demodifying enzymes were thought to exist only in Gram-positive bacteria, a sequence comparison revealed that they also are present in several Gram-negative pathogenic bacteria. ..
- Berrebi Bertrand I, Souchet M, Camelin J, Laville M, Calmels T, Bril A. Biophysical interaction between phospholamban and protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit GM. FEBS Lett. 1998;439:224-30 pubmed..Thus, the interaction between PLB and GM may represent a specific way to modulate the SR function in human cardiac muscle. ..
- Ma S, Vigneron S, Robert P, Strub J, Cianferani S, Castro A, et al. Greatwall dephosphorylation and inactivation upon mitotic exit is triggered by PP1. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1329-39 pubmed publisher..We also show that when PP2A-B55 is fully reactivated by depleting Arpp19, this protein phosphatase is able to dephosphorylate both activating sites, even in the absence of PP1. ..