Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phospholipids in Germany
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Trojan J, Hammerstingl R, Engels K, Schneider A, Zeuzem S, Dietrich C. Contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the diagnosis of malignant mesenchymal liver tumors. J Clin Ultrasound. 2010;38:227-31 pubmed publisher..If these findings are demonstrated in large hepatic tumors, then the diagnosis of hemangioma is unlikely and further workup is necessary. ..
- Becker A, Marxer E, Brüssler J, Hoormann A, Kuhnt D, Bakowsky U, et al. Ultrasound active nanoscaled lipid formulations for thrombus lysis. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2011;77:424-9 pubmed publisher..Stable cavitation is a crucial parameter in fragmentation of thrombus architecture. Further studies of physicochemical properties of DSPC/PEG40S are necessary to corroborate our hypothesis. ..
- Awwad H, Ohlmann C, Stoeckle M, Aziz R, Geisel J, Obeid R. Choline-phospholipids inter-conversion is altered in elderly patients with prostate cancer. Biochimie. 2016;126:108-14 pubmed publisher..The presence of PCa was not associated with significant changes in plasma concentrations of choline or methyl metabolites. However, changes in choline absorption and tissue uptake cannot be ruled out in this study. ..
- Köhl R, Antoine M, Reimers K, Kiefer P. FGF3 attached to a phosholipid membrane anchor gains a high transforming capacity. Implications of microdomains for FGF3 cell transformation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32760-7 pubmed
- Pfeiffer K, Gohil V, Stuart R, Hunte C, Brandt U, Greenberg M, et al. Cardiolipin stabilizes respiratory chain supercomplexes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52873-80 pubmed..We show that a cardiolipin-deficient strain harbored almost inactive resting cytochrome c oxidase in the membrane. Transition to the fully active pulsed state occurred on a minute time scale. ..
- Ignee A, Piscaglia F, Ott M, Salvatore V, Dietrich C. A benign tumour of the liver mimicking malignant liver disease--cholangiocellular adenoma. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:633-6 pubmed publisher..Cholangiocellular adenoma is a rare entity and can be a reason for possible false malignant diagnosis using contrast-enhanced ultrasound. Follow-up examinations are recommended. ..
- Braig D, Bär C, Thumfart J, Koch H. Two cooperating helices constitute the lipid-binding domain of the bacterial SRP receptor. J Mol Biol. 2009;390:401-13 pubmed publisher..This explains why the bacterial SRP receptor does not require an integral beta-subunit for membrane binding. ..
- Pauluhn J. Interrelating the acute and chronic mode of action of inhaled methylenediphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) in rats assisted by computational toxicology. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;61:351-64 pubmed publisher..In the case that threshold is exceeded, the secondary compensatory chronic response may then cause additional superimposed types of chronic pathologies. ..
- Liu B, Liu G, Sengonca C, Schumann P, Wang J, Zhu Y, et al. Bacillus wudalianchiensis sp. nov., isolated from grass soils of the Wudalianchi scenic area. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2897-2902 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is FJAT-27215T (=CCTCC AB 2015266T=DSM 100757T). ..
- Deines P, Bodelier P, Eller G. Methane-derived carbon flows through methane-oxidizing bacteria to higher trophic levels in aquatic systems. Environ Microbiol. 2007;9:1126-34 pubmed..Additionally, chironomid larvae fed on sediment and water-column derived MOB biomass. ..
- Fuchs B. Analysis of phospolipids and glycolipids by thin-layer chromatography-matrix-assisted laser desorption and ionization mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2012;1259:62-73 pubmed publisher..Finally a perspective on the future of TLC-MALDI-MS is given. ..
- Brachwitz H, Lachmann U, Thomas Y, Bergmann J, Berdel W, Langen P. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of cytidine-5'-alkylphosphonophosphates and structurally related compounds. Chem Phys Lipids. 1996;83:77-85 pubmed..The structure of the new compounds were confirmed by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry (FAB). The FAB fragmentation pattern is discussed. ..
- Marx U, Polakowski T, Pomorski T, Lang C, Nelson H, Nelson N, et al. Rapid transbilayer movement of fluorescent phospholipid analogues in the plasma membrane of endocytosis-deficient yeast cells does not require the Drs2 protein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;263:254-63 pubmed..Thus, lipid asymmetry, at least of aminophospholipids, was preserved in S. cerevisiae end4 cells independently of the presence of the Drs2 protein. ..
- Bittkau A, Geyer R, Bhatt M, Schlosser D. Enhancement of the biodegradability of aromatic groundwater contaminants. Toxicology. 2004;205:201-10 pubmed..Potential metabolites of hydroxyl radical attack on MCB such as chlorohydroquinone, hydroquinone, catechol, resorcinol, and phenol were anaerobically degraded by the groundwater microbial community under Fe3+ -reducing conditions. ..
- Mueller M, Brandenburg K, Dedrick R, Schromm A, Seydel U. Phospholipids inhibit lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced cell activation: a role for LPS-binding protein. J Immunol. 2005;174:1091-6 pubmed..In summary, we show that LBP is a target for the inhibitory function of phospholipids. ..
- Fernandez Montalvan A, Assfalg Machleidt I, Pfeiler D, Fritz H, Jochum M, Machleidt W. Mu-calpain binds to lipid bilayers via the exposed hydrophobic surface of its Ca2+-activated conformation. Biol Chem. 2006;387:617-27 pubmed..Taken together, these results support the hypothesis that in vitro membrane binding of mu-calpain is due to the exposed hydrophobic surface of the active conformation and does not reduce the Ca2+ requirement for activation. ..
- Kahya N, Schwille P. How phospholipid-cholesterol interactions modulate lipid lateral diffusion, as revealed by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. J Fluoresc. 2006;16:671-8 pubmed..FCS can be employed as a valuable tool to study lipid-sterol interactions and their effect on lipid dynamics, molecular packing and degree of conformational order. ..
- Helmerich G, Koehler P. Comparison of methods for the quantitative determination of phospholipids in lecithins and flour improvers. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:6645-51 pubmed..As it requires minimum instrumental equipment, TLC is a good alternative to (31)P NMR. If high sensitivity is required, HPLC is the best method. ..
- Heyken W, Wagner C, Wittmann J, Albrecht A, Schüller H. Negative regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by a Candida albicans orthologue of OPI1. Yeast. 2003;20:1177-88 pubmed..albicans is mediated by a mechanism which does not involve recruitment of CaSin3 by CaOpi1. ..
- Stang A, Keles H, Hentschke S, von Seydewitz C, Dahlke J, Malzfeldt E, et al. Differentiation of benign from malignant focal splenic lesions using sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast-enhanced pulse-inversion sonography. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009;193:709-21 pubmed publisher..The purpose of our study was to evaluate whether sonographic characterization of focal splenic lesions could be improved by using low mechanical index pulse-inversion sonography after sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble injection...
- Girlich C, Jung E, Huber E, Ott C, Iesalnieks I, Schreyer A, et al. Comparison between preoperative quantitative assessment of bowel wall vascularization by contrast-enhanced ultrasound and operative macroscopic findings and results of histopathological scoring in Crohn's disease. Ultraschall Med. 2011;32:154-9 pubmed publisher..Ultrasound as a widely available radiation-free imaging method would be preferable for assessing inflammatory activity of CD, particularly since the ultrasound findings correlate significantly with a histopathological scoring system. ..
- Winsel K, Hönig D, Lunkenheimer K, Geggel K, Witt C. Quantitative Brewster angle microscopy of the surface film of human broncho-alveolar lavage fluid. Eur Biophys J. 2003;32:544-52 pubmed..We think that the experimental conditions chosen in our study provide a more realistic view of the structure in the lungs in vivo. ..
- Huster D, Scheidt H, Arnold K, Herrmann A, Muller P. Desmosterol may replace cholesterol in lipid membranes. Biophys J. 2005;88:1838-44 pubmed..Our results show that, from the point of view of membrane biophysics, cholesterol and desmosterol behave identically and, therefore, replacement of cholesterol by desmosterol may not impact organism homeostasis. ..
- Fuchs B, Schiller J, Cross M. Apoptosis-associated changes in the glycerophospholipid composition of hematopoietic progenitor cells monitored by 31P NMR spectroscopy and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Chem Phys Lipids. 2007;150:229-38 pubmed..The relative decrease in the membrane diacyl-phosphatidylcholine (PC) levels was found to correlate with increased concentrations of the corresponding lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) present in the medium. ..
- Spaar A, Salditt T. Short range order of hydrocarbon chains in fluid phospholipid bilayers studied by x-ray diffraction from highly oriented membranes. Biophys J. 2003;85:1576-84 pubmed..Heller, M. Schaefer, and K. Schulten. 1993. J. Phys. Chem. 97:8343-8360) by direct Fourier transformation of the atomic coordinates. The exact prefactor in the relationship between interchain distance and peak position is derived. ..
- Krause M, Wiemann T, Reisner A, Orlowska Volk M, Köhler H, Ankermann T. Surfactant reduces extravascular lung water and invasion of polymorphonuclear leukocytes into the lung in a piglet model of airway lavage. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2005;18:129-39 pubmed..Surfactant treatment for newborn and infant ARDS might therefore improve fluid overload and atelectasis and reduce PMNL infiltration...
- Blume J, Halbach A, Behrendt D, Paulsson M, Plomann M. EHD proteins are associated with tubular and vesicular compartments and interact with specific phospholipids. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:219-31 pubmed..All EHD proteins are able to bind to phospholipids, but localizations differ for each protein. ..
- Kampfer P, Arun A, Busse H, Young C, Lai W, Rekha P, et al. Salinicoccus sesuvii sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere of Sesuvium portulacastrum. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2348-52 pubmed publisher..We propose that strain CC-SPL15-2(T) be assigned to a novel species, with the name Salinicoccus sesuvii sp. nov. The type strain is CC-SPL15-2(T) (?=?DSM 23267(T) ?=?CCM 7756(T))...
- Stolz A, Burger S, Kuhm A, Kampfer P, Busse H. Pusillimonas noertemannii gen. nov., sp. nov., a new member of the family Alcaligenaceae that degrades substituted salicylates. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:1077-81 pubmed..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is BN9(T) (= DSM 10065(T) = NCIMB 14020(T))...
- Savaskan N, Bräuer A, Nitsch R. Molecular cloning and expression regulation of PRG-3, a new member of the plasticity-related gene family. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:212-20 pubmed..In summary, our findings feature a new member of the PRG family which shows dynamic expression regulation during brain development and neuronal excitation. ..
- Goebeler V, Ruhe D, Gerke V, Rescher U. Annexin A8 displays unique phospholipid and F-actin binding properties. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2430-4 pubmed..These properties suggest a role of annexin A8 in the organization of certain actin-associated membrane domains. ..
- Bahamontes Rosa N, Robin A, Ambrosio A, Messias Reason I, Beitz E, Flitsch S, et al. Monoquaternary ammonium derivatives inhibit growth of protozoan parasites. Parasitol Int. 2008;57:132-7 pubmed..Four compounds also exhibited in vitro antileishmanial properties in the micromolar range. ..
- Engelmann B, Schaipp B, Dobner P, Stoeckelhuber M, Kögl C, Siess W, et al. Platelet agonists enhance the import of phosphatidylethanolamine into human platelets. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27800-8 pubmed..This might contribute to the increase of procoagulant activity of stimulated platelets. ..
- Buechler C, Bared S, Aslanidis C, Ritter M, Drobnik W, Schmitz G. Molecular and functional interaction of the ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 with Fas-associated death domain protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41307-10 pubmed..The association of FADD with ABCA1 provides an unexpected link between high density lipoprotein metabolism and an adaptor molecule mainly described in death receptor signal transduction...
- Winkler K, Leneweit G, Schubert R. Characterization of membrane vesicles in plant extracts. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2005;45:57-65 pubmed..Furthermore, the UV-vis absorbance and phospholipid concentration were analyzed. Phospholipid quantification was in agreement with photometrical data. Sizes determined by cryo-TEM and by light scattering showed consistent results...
- Osman C, Voelker D, Langer T. Making heads or tails of phospholipids in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:7-16 pubmed publisher..The discovery of proteins that regulate mitochondrial membrane lipid composition and of a multiprotein complex tethering ER to mitochondrial membranes has unveiled novel mechanisms of mitochondrial membrane biogenesis. ..
- von Herbay A, Vogt C, Willers R, Haussinger D. Real-time imaging with the sonographic contrast agent SonoVue: differentiation between benign and malignant hepatic lesions. J Ultrasound Med. 2004;23:1557-68 pubmed..001). SonoVue-enhanced sonography has greater specificity and sensitivity than baseline sonography for the differentiation of benign and malignant liver lesions. ..
- Brugger B, Glass B, Haberkant P, Leibrecht I, Wieland F, Kräusslich H. The HIV lipidome: a raft with an unusual composition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2641-6 pubmed..With this composition, the HIV lipidome provides strong evidence for the existence of lipid rafts in living cells. ..
- Hagge S, Hammer M, Wiese A, Seydel U, Gutsmann T. Calcium adsorption and displacement: characterization of lipid monolayers and their interaction with membrane-active peptides/proteins. BMC Biochem. 2006;7:15 pubmed..However, the influence of peptides/proteins on the zeta-potential can be used to characterize the underlying interaction mechanisms. ..
- Kwa L, Wegmann D, Brugger B, Wieland F, Wanner G, Braun P. Mutation of a single residue, beta-glutamate-20, alters protein-lipid interactions of light harvesting complex II. Mol Microbiol. 2008;67:63-77 pubmed..These findings suggest that the LH2 complex, specifically beta-glutamate-20 and the carotenoids' polar head group, contribute to the shaping of the photosynthetic membrane by specific interactions with surrounding lipid molecules. ..
- Nampoothiri K, Hoischen C, Bathe B, M ckel B, Pfefferle W, Krumbach K, et al. Expression of genes of lipid synthesis and altered lipid composition modulates L-glutamate efflux of Corynebacterium glutamicum. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;58:89-96 pubmed..These data show that the chemical and physical properties of the cytoplasmic membrane are altered and suggest that this is a necessary precondition to achieve L-glutamate efflux...
- Rancan F, Wiehe A, Nöbel M, Senge M, Omari S, Böhm F, et al. Influence of substitutions on asymmetric dihydroxychlorins with regard to intracellular uptake, subcellular localization and photosensitization of Jurkat cells. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2005;78:17-28 pubmed..In general, the increasing amphiphilicity of the sensitizer molecules is correlated with an increased sensitizer uptake and an increased rate of necrotic cells after irradiation. ..
- Knief C, Kolb S, Bodelier P, Lipski A, Dunfield P. The active methanotrophic community in hydromorphic soils changes in response to changing methane concentration. Environ Microbiol. 2006;8:321-33 pubmed..Type II methanotrophs are most likely responsible for atmospheric methane uptake in these soils, while type I methanotrophs become active when methane is produced in the soil. ..
- Garidel P, Hildebrand A, Knauf K, Blume A. Membranolytic activity of bile salts: influence of biological membrane properties and composition. Molecules. 2007;12:2292-326 pubmed..The obtained results are supplemented and confirmed by data obtained from other biophysical techniques (DSC differential scanning calorimetry, DLS dynamic light scattering, SANS small angle neutron scattering). ..
- Schwarz K, Natarajan S, Kassas N, Vitale N, Schmitz F. The synaptic ribbon is a site of phosphatidic acid generation in ribbon synapses. J Neurosci. 2011;31:15996-6011 pubmed publisher..We propose that PA generated at synaptic ribbons likely facilitates synaptic vesicle trafficking. ..
- Rathmann C, Schlösser A, Schiller J, Bogdanov M, Brüser T. Tat transport in Escherichia coli requires zwitterionic phosphatidylethanolamine but no specific negatively charged phospholipid. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2848-2858 pubmed publisher..The lack of these lipids may be compensated by other anionic phospholipids such as phosphatidic acid, CDP-diacylglycerol or N-acyl-PE. ..
- Fahsel S, Pospiech E, Zein M, Hazlet T, Gratton E, Winter R. Modulation of concentration fluctuations in phase-separated lipid membranes by polypeptide insertion. Biophys J. 2002;83:334-44 pubmed..Using an effective molecular sorting mechanism, a large hydrophobic mismatch can be avoided in the DMPC-DSPC lipid mixture, which leads to significant changes in the heterogeneous lipid structure and in polypeptide conformation. ..
- Shrestha M, Abraham W, Shrestha P, Noll M, Conrad R. Activity and composition of methanotrophic bacterial communities in planted rice soil studied by flux measurements, analyses of pmoA gene and stable isotope probing of phospholipid fatty acids. Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:400-12 pubmed publisher..PLFA-SIP showed that the active methanotrophic populations exhibit a pronounced spatial and temporal variation in rice microcosms...
- Wenz T, Hielscher R, Hellwig P, Schagger H, Richers S, Hunte C. Role of phospholipids in respiratory cytochrome bc(1) complex catalysis and supercomplex formation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1787:609-16 pubmed publisher..Overall, the study supports the idea, that enzyme-bound phospholipids can play an important role in the regulation of protein function and protein-protein interaction. ..
- Kamp D, Sieberg T, Haest C. Inhibition and stimulation of phospholipid scrambling activity. Consequences for lipid asymmetry, echinocytosis, and microvesiculation of erythrocytes. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9438-46 pubmed..Scrambling of endogenous phospholipids is proposed to induce echinocytosis and to have only a stimulatory effect on microvesiculation. ..
- Xie S, Lipp J, Wegener G, Ferdelman T, Hinrichs K. Turnover of microbial lipids in the deep biosphere and growth of benthic archaeal populations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6010-4 pubmed publisher..These constraints on microbial growth are an important step toward understanding the relationship between the deep biosphere and the carbon cycle...
- Tatsuta T, Scharwey M, Langer T. Mitochondrial lipid trafficking. Trends Cell Biol. 2014;24:44-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize the current understanding of lipid trafficking at the mitochondria and discuss emerging models for the mechanisms of lipid transfer. ..
- Stöckl M, Fischer P, Wanker E, Herrmann A. Alpha-synuclein selectively binds to anionic phospholipids embedded in liquid-disordered domains. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:1394-404 pubmed..This suggests that the natural association of alpha-synuclein with membranes is altered in the inherited forms of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Steppich D, Griesbauer J, Frommelt T, Appelt W, Wixforth A, Schneider M. Thermomechanic-electrical coupling in phospholipid monolayers near the critical point. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2010;81:061123 pubmed..We demonstrate that these couplings have strong predictive power as they allow calculating electrical and thermal properties from mechanical measurements. The precision of the prediction increases as the critical point TC is approached. ..
- Maltseva E, Kerth A, Blume A, Mohwald H, Brezesinski G. Adsorption of amyloid beta (1-40) peptide at phospholipid monolayers. Chembiochem. 2005;6:1817-24 pubmed..It also remains adsorbed at, or penetrating into, disordered anionic monolayers on buffer. Additionally, the peptide does not influence the condensed monolayer structure at physiological pH and modest ionic strength. ..
- Dieluweit S, Csiszar A, Rubner W, Fleischhauer J, Houben S, Merkel R. Mechanical properties of bare and protein-coated giant unilamellar phospholipid vesicles. A comparative study of micropipet aspiration and atomic force microscopy. Langmuir. 2010;26:11041-9 pubmed publisher..Mechanical properties of different species of coating proteins, here streptavidin and avidin, could be clearly distinguished using this technique. ..
- Kochanowski A, Hoene A, Patrzyk M, Walschus U, Finke B, Luthringer B, et al. Examination of the inflammatory response following implantation of titanium plates coated with phospholipids in rats. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2011;22:1015-26 pubmed publisher..Together with earlier in vitro results, this demonstrates the potential of phospholipids for implant surface modification. ..
- Wegener J, Zschörnig K, Onischke K, Fuchs B, Schiller J, Muller K. Conservation of honey bee (Apis mellifera) sperm phospholipids during storage in the bee queen--a TLC/MALDI-TOF MS study. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:213-22 pubmed publisher..Our data support the view that the membrane composition of honey bee sperm could help to explain the extraordinary longevity of these cells. ..
- Vogel A, Katzka C, Waldmann H, Arnold K, Brown M, Huster D. Lipid modifications of a Ras peptide exhibit altered packing and mobility versus host membrane as detected by 2H solid-state NMR. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:12263-72 pubmed..It is hypothesized that this flexibility is a requirement for the optimal anchoring of lipid-modified proteins to cellular membranes. ..
- Giebel H, Kalhoefer D, Gahl Janssen R, Choo Y, Lee K, Cho J, et al. Planktomarina temperata gen. nov., sp. nov., belonging to the globally distributed RCA cluster of the marine Roseobacter clade, isolated from the German Wadden Sea. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:4207-17 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov., described previously by Giebel et al. [ISME J 5 (2011), 8-19] as 'Candidatus Planktomarina temperata'. The type strain of Planktomarina temperata is RCA23(T) (?=?DSM 22400(T)?=?JCM 18269(T)). ..
- Dongowski G, Fritzsch B, Giessler J, Härtl A, Kuhlmann O, Neubert R. The influence of bile salts and mixed micelles on the pharmacokinetics of quinine in rabbits. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2005;60:147-51 pubmed..These mixed micellar systems lower and not as expected, increase the absorption of quinine in vivo. Therefore, quinine should be orally administered at least 1h before food intake, particularly before fat intake. ..
- Mansfeld J, Ulbrich Hofmann R. Secretory phospholipase A2-alpha from Arabidopsis thaliana: functional parameters and substrate preference. Chem Phys Lipids. 2007;150:156-66 pubmed..Km values for short chain phospholipids were comparable to sPLA2s from animals, whereas k cat values were much smaller and interfacial activation was less important. ..
- Lienemann K, Plötz T, Pestel S. NMR-based urine analysis in rats: prediction of proximal tubule kidney toxicity and phospholipidosis. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2008;58:41-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this experimental design allows early detection of toxicity risks with relatively low amounts of compound in a reasonably short period of time. ..
- Kampfer P, Busse H, McInroy J, Glaeser S. Paracandidimonas soli gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from soil. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:1740-1745 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov., is proposed. The type strain of Paracandidimonas soli is IMT-305T (=DSM 100048T=CIP 110902T=LMG 28740T=CCM 8599T)...
- Helck A, D Anastasi M, Notohamiprodjo M, Thieme S, Sommer W, Reiser M, et al. Multimodality imaging using ultrasound image fusion in renal lesions. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2012;50:79-89 pubmed publisher..8 ± 1.2 and 3.8 ± 1.2 respectively) separately. Image fusion improved the identifiability and the assessment of the dignity of renal lesions compared to using the respective modalities separately. ..
- Tannert A, Wüstner D, Bechstein J, Muller P, Devaux P, Herrmann A. Aminophospholipids have no access to the luminal side of the biliary canaliculus: implications for thr specific lipid composition of the bile fluid. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40631-9 pubmed..The correlation between low labeling of BC and an APLT-mediated transbilayer movement suggests the presence of an APLT activity in the canalicular membrane that prevents exposure of aminophospholipids to the bile. ..
- Pohle W, Gauger D, Dornberger U, Birch Hirschfeld E, Selle C, Rupprecht A, et al. Hydration of biological molecules: lipids versus nucleic acids. Biopolymers. 2002;67:499-503 pubmed..These are rather high in DNA and often low in phospholipids, suggesting different mechanisms of action of the hydration water that appears to induce structural changes on global- and local-mode levels, respectively...
- John K, Schreiber S, Kubelt J, Herrmann A, Muller P. Transbilayer movement of phospholipids at the main phase transition of lipid membranes: implications for rapid flip-flop in biological membranes. Biophys J. 2002;83:3315-23 pubmed..Molecular packing defects at the phase transition are assumed to be responsible for the rapid transbilayer movement. The relevance of those defects for understanding of the activity of flippases is discussed. ..
- Dannenberger D, Lorenz S, Nuernberg G, Scollan N, Ender K, Nuernberg K. Analysis of fatty aldehyde composition, including 12-methyltridecanal, in plasmalogens from longissimus muscle of concentrate- and pasture-fed bulls. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:182-8 pubmed..Summarizing, pasture feeding increased the 12-MT concentration, which can be associated with meat of more intensive aroma and better taste. ..
- Dannenberger D, Nuernberg G, Scollan N, Ender K, Nuernberg K. Diet alters the fatty acid composition of individual phospholipid classes in beef muscle. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:452-60 pubmed..The results have shown that the C18:1 trans and CLA profiles in the detected seven phospholipid classes can be affected by different feeding systems. ..
- Agha A, Hornung M, Rennert J, Uller W, Lighvani H, Schlitt H, et al. Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for localization of pathologic glands in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Surgery. 2012;151:580-6 pubmed publisher..Future studies should confirm these findings in order to establish CEUS as a standard diagnostic procedure. ..
- Klein S, Spannagl M, Engelmann B. Phosphatidylethanolamine participates in the stimulation of the contact system of coagulation by very-low-density lipoproteins. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1695-700 pubmed..In summary, VLDL stimulates the contact pathway of blood coagulation, ethanolamine phospholipids being the most active components of the particles. ..
- Gattinger A, Schloter M, Munch J. Phospholipid etherlipid and phospholipid fatty acid fingerprints in selected euryarchaeotal monocultures for taxonomic profiling. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;213:133-9 pubmed..Overall, PLEL derived isoprenoids as well as PLFA enabled taxonomic differentiation of the selected microorganisms into phylogenetically related groups. ..
- Mohanty S, Bodelier P, Floris V, Conrad R. Differential effects of nitrogenous fertilizers on methane-consuming microbes in rice field and forest soils. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1346-54 pubmed..Our results provide a case example showing that microbial community structure indeed matters, especially when assessing and predicting the impact of environmental change on biodiversity loss and ecosystem functioning...
- Schmitt J, Glaser B, Zech W. Amount-dependent isotopic fractionation during compound-specific isotope analysis. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2003;17:970-7 pubmed..Residual overall amount-dependent isotope-fractionation can thus be corrected mathematically. ..
- Amtul Z, Uhrig M, Supino R, Beyreuther K. Phospholipids and a phospholipid-rich diet alter the in vitro amyloid-beta peptide levels and amyloid-beta 42/40 ratios. Neurosci Lett. 2010;481:73-7 pubmed publisher..We proposed a mechanism-based hypothesis to rationalize PLs' effects on Abeta production. ..
- VelÃ¡zquez A, Tatsuta T, Ghillebert R, Drescher I, Graef M. Lipid droplet-mediated ER homeostasis regulates autophagy and cell survival during starvation. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:621-31 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide novel insight into the complex interrelation between LD-mediated lipid homeostasis and the regulation of autophagy potentially relevant for neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases. ..
- Renner C, Kessler B, Oesterhelt D. Lipid composition of integral purple membrane by 1H and 31P NMR. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1755-64 pubmed
- Kampfer P, Busse H, Longaric I, Rossello Mora R, Galatis H, Lodders N. Pseudarcicella hirudinis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from the skin of the medical leech Hirudo medicinalis. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:2247-51 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov., with the type strain of the type species as E92(T) (= LMG 26720(T) = CCM 7988(T))...
- Glaeser S, Dott W, Busse H, Kampfer P. Fictibacillus phosphorivorans gen. nov., sp. nov. and proposal to reclassify Bacillus arsenicus, Bacillus barbaricus, Bacillus macauensis, Bacillus nanhaiensis, Bacillus rigui, Bacillus solisalsi and Bacillus gelatini in the genus Fictibacillus. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:2934-44 pubmed publisher..6854(T)) and LMG 21881(T) ( = DSM 15866(T)), respectively]. ..
- Braun F, Rinschen M, Bartels V, Frommolt P, Habermann B, Hoeijmakers J, et al. Altered lipid metabolism in the aging kidney identified by three layered omic analysis. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:441-57 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that changes in lipid metabolism are involved in the process of kidney aging and in the development of chronic kidney disease. ..
- Hessel E, Muller P, Herrmann A, Hofmann K. Light-induced reorganization of phospholipids in rod disc membranes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2538-43 pubmed..The different phases of SL-PL reorganization after illumination may be related to the formation and decay of the active rhodopsin species and to their subsequent regeneration process. ..
- Tölle A, Meier W, Rudiger M, Hofmann K, Rüstow B. Effect of cholesterol and surfactant protein B on the viscosity of phospholipid mixtures. Chem Phys Lipids. 2002;114:159-68 pubmed..This suggests that they are all needed in vivo for fine tuning of surface properties of pulmonary surfactant. ..
- Adam O, Wolfram G, Zollner N. Influence of dietary linoleic acid intake with different fat intakes on arachidonic acid concentrations in plasma and platelet lipids and eicosanoid biosynthesis in female volunteers. Ann Nutr Metab. 2003;47:31-6 pubmed..The results show that dietary LA does not increase the AA levels in plasma or platelet lipids and does not persistently contribute to prostaglandin biosynthesis which is increased by AA intake with Western diets. ..
- Bernatik T, Seitz K, Blank W, Schuler A, Dietrich C, Strobel D. Unclear focal liver lesions in contrast-enhanced ultrasonography--lessons to be learned from the DEGUM multicenter study for the characterization of liver tumors. Ultraschall Med. 2010;31:577-81 pubmed publisher..Even in this multi-center trial, CEUS proved to be an excellent method for clarifying liver lesions remaining unclear after native ultrasound. The CEUS diagnosis of benign was only incorrect in a few cases. ..
- Lehnhardt F, Rohn G, Ernestus R, Grune M, Hoehn M. 1H- and (31)P-MR spectroscopy of primary and recurrent human brain tumors in vitro: malignancy-characteristic profiles of water soluble and lipophilic spectral components. NMR Biomed. 2001;14:307-17 pubmed
- Brandenburg K, Jurgens G, Muller M, Fukuoka S, Koch M. Biophysical characterization of lipopolysaccharide and lipid A inactivation by lactoferrin. Biol Chem. 2001;382:1215-25 pubmed..Based on these results, a model for the mechanisms of endotoxin inactivation by LF is proposed. ..
- Roes S, Mumm F, Seydel U, Gutsmann T. Localization of the lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in phospholipid membranes by atomic force microscopy. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2757-63 pubmed..The addition of LPS to LBP-containing liposomes led to the formation of LPS domains in the membranes, which could be inhibited by anti-LBP antibodies. Thus, LBP mediates the fusion of lipid membranes and LPS aggregates. ..
- Dippe M, Ulbrich Hofmann R. Substrate specificity in phospholipid transformations by plant phospholipase D isoenzymes. Phytochemistry. 2009;70:361-5 pubmed publisher..For l- and d-serine a stereoselectivity of PLD was observed. The results suggest a physiological relevance of the different hydrolytic and transphosphatidylation activities in plant PLD isoenzymes. ..