Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peroxidase in Sweden
- Kristjansson G, Venge P, Hallgren R. Mucosal reactivity to cow's milk protein in coeliac disease. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;147:449-55 pubmed..A mucosal inflammatory response similar to that elicited by gluten was produced by CM protein in about 50% of the patients with coeliac disease. Casein, in particular, seems to be involved in this reaction...
- Olanders K, Sun Z, Börjesson A, Dib M, Andersson E, Lasson A, et al. The effect of intestinal ischemia and reperfusion injury on ICAM-1 expression, endothelial barrier function, neutrophil tissue influx, and protease inhibitor levels in rats. Shock. 2002;18:86-92 pubmed..The upregulation of ICAM-1 could represent a crucial step in the adherence- and migration process of activated leukocytes and potentially in the development of tissue injury. ..
- Wålinder R, Wieslander G, Norback D, Erwall C, Venge P. Influence of personal factors on nasal patency and lavage biomarkers in white-collar workers. Rhinology. 2000;38:130-5 pubmed..This indicates a potential usefulness of a combined use of acoustic rhinometry and lavage biomarkers to study nasal mucosal reactions. ..
- Wålinder R, Norback D, Wieslander G, Smedje G, Erwall C, Venge P. Nasal patency and biomarkers in nasal lavage--the significance of air exchange rate and type of ventilation in schools. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 1998;71:479-86 pubmed..The only school with sufficient ventilation according to the current Swedish recommendations had a displacement system and the fewest signs of nasal reactions among the personnel. ..
- Sigurs N, Bjarnason R, Sigurbergsson F. Eosinophil cationic protein in nasal secretion and in serum and myeloperoxidase in serum in respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis: relation to asthma and atopy. Acta Paediatr. 1994;83:1151-5 pubmed..It was not possible to predict, either from ECP/albumin ratios in nasal secretion or from ECP and MPO in serum, which children would develop asthma, other bronchial obstructive symptoms or positive IgE tests. ..
- Sun Z, Olanders K, Lasson A, Dib M, Annborn M, Andersson K, et al. Effective treatment of gut barrier dysfunction using an antioxidant, a PAF inhibitor, and monoclonal antibodies against the adhesion molecule PECAM-1. J Surg Res. 2002;105:220-33 pubmed
- El Sayed R, Ye F, Asem H, Ashour R, Zheng W, Muhammed M, et al. Importance of the surface chemistry of nanoparticles on peroxidase-like activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:15-18 pubmed publisher..The great impact of nanoparticle surface properties on catalytic reactions makes a paradigm in constructing nanozymes as peroxidase mimic for sensing application. ..
- Björnsdottir H, Granfeldt D, Welin A, Bylund J, Karlsson A. Inhibition of phospholipase A(2) abrogates intracellular processing of NADPH-oxidase derived reactive oxygen species in human neutrophils. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:761-74 pubmed publisher..Instead, we suggest that these PLA(2) inhibitors block heterotypic granule fusion and prohibit the colocalization of ROS and MPO needed for intracellular CL activity. ..
- Johansson M, Patarroyo M, Oberg F, Siegbahn A, Nilsson K. Myeloperoxidase mediates cell adhesion via the alpha M beta 2 integrin (Mac-1, CD11b/CD18). J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 9):1133-9 pubmed
- Gjertsson I, Jonsson I, Peschel A, Tarkowski A, Lindholm C. Formylated peptides are important virulence factors in Staphylococcus aureus arthritis in mice. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:305-11 pubmed publisher..Our data show that formylated peptides function as important virulence factors in S. aureus arthritis, partly by mediating neutrophil recruitment, which contributes substantially to the joint damage. ..
- Awla D, Abdulla A, Syk I, Jeppsson B, Regner S, Thorlacius H. Neutrophil-derived matrix metalloproteinase-9 is a potent activator of trypsinogen in acinar cells in acute pancreatitis. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:711-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that neutrophil-derived MMP-9 is a potent activator of trypsinogen in acinar cells and regulates pathological inflammation and tissue damage in AP. ..
- Tidén A, Sjögren T, Svensson M, Bernlind A, Senthilmohan R, Auchère F, et al. 2-thioxanthines are mechanism-based inactivators of myeloperoxidase that block oxidative stress during inflammation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37578-89 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that MPO is susceptible to the free radicals it generates, and this Achilles' heel of the enzyme can be exploited to block oxidative stress during inflammation. ..
- Widegren H, Andersson M, Borgeat P, Flamand L, Johnston S, Greiff L. LTB4 increases nasal neutrophil activity and conditions neutrophils to exert antiviral effects. Respir Med. 2011;105:997-1006 pubmed publisher..LTB4 can condition neutrophils to exert virucidal effects in vitro and may reduce virus replication in vivo. We suggest that the condition induced by LTB4 reflects an enhanced state of innate defense. ..
- Amin K, Hurst D, Roomans G, Venge P, Seveus L. Eosinophils and neutrophils in biopsies from the middle ear of atopic children with otitis media with effusion. Inflamm Res. 1999;48:626-31 pubmed..The initial data suggest that atopic children with OME have higher numbers of such cells as compared to non-OME controls. ..
- Laschke M, Menger M, Wang Y, Lindell G, Jeppsson B, Thorlacius H. Sepsis-associated cholestasis is critically dependent on P-selectin-dependent leukocyte recruitment in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1396-402 pubmed..Our study demonstrates for the first time that P-selectin-mediated recruitment of leukocytes, but not the local production of proinflammatory mediators, is the primary cause of cholestasis in septic liver injury...
- Locht H, Skogh T, Kihlstrom E. Anti-lactoferrin antibodies and other types of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in reactive arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 1999;117:568-73 pubmed..The reaction to the 78-kD antigen could be completely inhibited when anti-Lf antibodies were absorbed on Lf coupled to cyanogen bromide-activated Sepharose, possibly indicating cross-reacting epitopes in Lf and enterobacterial antigen. ..
- Zotova E, Lyrenäs L, de Faire U, Morgenstern R, Gigante B, Bennet A. The myeloperoxidase gene and its influence on myocardial infarction in a Swedish population: protective role of the -129A allele in women. Coron Artery Dis. 2009;20:322-6 pubmed publisher..32-0.81) (P = 0.004), respectively. For the -463G/A polymorphism, no associations to MI risk were observed either in women or in men. The A allele of the MPO -129G/A promoter polymorphism is associated with a reduced MI risk in women. ..
- Akbarshahi H, Axelsson J, Said K, Malmstrom A, Fischer H, Andersson R. TLR4 dependent heparan sulphate-induced pancreatic inflammatory response is IRF3-mediated. J Transl Med. 2011;9:219 pubmed publisher..This inflammatory response was mediated predominantly through IRF3- dependent pathway. Release of HS into the pancreatic duct may be one important mediator in the pancreatic ductal defence. ..
- Leveau P, Wang X, Sun Z, Börjesson A, Andersson E, Andersson R. Severity of pancreatitis-associated gut barrier dysfunction is reduced following treatment with the PAF inhibitor lexipafant. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:1325-31 pubmed..The findings imply that PAF plays a critical role in the development of pancreatitis-associated gut barrier dysfunction and that PAF antagonist in some forms may represent potential candidates for future therapeutic intervention. ..
- Poljakovic M, Persson K. Urinary tract infection in iNOS-deficient mice with focus on bacterial sensitivity to nitric oxide. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F22-31 pubmed..coli-induced UTI and that the toxicity of NO to E. coli depends on bacterial virulence. Furthermore, myeloperoxidase and nNOS/eNOS may contribute to nitrotyrosine formation in the absence of iNOS...