Experts and Doctors on peptide elongation factor tu in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: peptide elongation factor tu
- Banerjee R, Chen S, Dare K, Gilreath M, Praetorius Ibba M, Raina M, et al. tRNAs: cellular barcodes for amino acids. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:387-95 pubmed publisher..Here we review examples of alternative functions for tRNA beyond translation, which together suggest that the role of tRNA is to deliver amino acids for a variety of processes that includes, but is not limited to, protein synthesis. ..
- Gaucher E, Govindarajan S, Ganesh O. Palaeotemperature trend for Precambrian life inferred from resurrected proteins. Nature. 2008;451:704-7 pubmed publisher..The convergence of results from natural and physical sciences suggest that ancient life has continually adapted to changes in environmental temperatures throughout its evolutionary history. ..
- Abel K, Yoder M, Hilgenfeld R, Jurnak F. An alpha to beta conformational switch in EF-Tu. Structure. 1996;4:1153-9 pubmed..The alpha to beta switch in EF-Tu may represent a prototypical activation mechanism for other protein families. ..
- Ling J, So B, Yadavalli S, Roy H, Shoji S, Fredrick K, et al. Resampling and editing of mischarged tRNA prior to translation elongation. Mol Cell. 2009;33:654-60 pubmed publisher..Resampling of mischarged tRNAs was shown to increase the accuracy of translation over ten fold during in vitro protein synthesis, supporting the presence of an additional quality control step prior to translation elongation. ..
- Roy H, Ibba M. RNA-dependent lipid remodeling by bacterial multiple peptide resistance factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4667-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal how the MprF proteins provide a potent virulence mechanism by which pathogens can readily acquire resistance to chemically diverse antibiotics. ..
- Cafaro M, Poulsen M, Little A, Price S, Gerardo N, Wong B, et al. Specificity in the symbiotic association between fungus-growing ants and protective Pseudonocardia bacteria. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:1814-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a model that many fungus-growing ants maintain specialized Pseudonocardia symbionts that help with garden defence. ..
- Poulsen M, Erhardt D, Molinaro D, Lin T, Currie C. Antagonistic bacterial interactions help shape host-symbiont dynamics within the fungus-growing ant-microbe mutualism. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e960 pubmed
- Zicker A, Kadakia C, Herrin D. Distinct roles for the 5' and 3' untranslated regions in the degradation and accumulation of chloroplast tufA mRNA: identification of an early intermediate in the in vivo degradation pathway. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;63:689-702 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the in vivo degradation of tufA mRNA begins in the 5' UTR, and is promoted by translation. The data also suggest, however, that the level of the mature RNA is determined more by the 3' UTR than the 5' UTR...
- Kristelly R, Gao G, Tesmer J. Structural determinants of RhoA binding and nucleotide exchange in leukemia-associated Rho guanine-nucleotide exchange factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47352-62 pubmed..Similar changes were previously observed in structures of nucleotide-free Ras and Ef-Tu. A potential protein-docking site on the LARG PH domain is also evident and appears to be conserved throughout the Lbc subfamily of RhoGEFs. ..
- Zhang M, Poulsen M, Currie C. Symbiont recognition of mutualistic bacteria by Acromyrmex leaf-cutting ants. ISME J. 2007;1:313-20 pubmed
- Ling J, Roy H, Qin D, Rubio M, Alfonzo J, Fredrick K, et al. Pathogenic mechanism of a human mitochondrial tRNAPhe mutation associated with myoclonic epilepsy with ragged red fibers syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15299-304 pubmed..This variant enzyme displayed significantly improved aminoacylation efficiency for the G34A mutant, suggesting a general strategy to treat certain classes of mitochondrial diseases by modification of the corresponding nuclear gene...
- Roth W, Bragg P, Corrias M, Reddy N, Dholakia J, Wahba A. Expression of a gene for mouse eucaryotic elongation factor Tu during murine erythroleukemic cell differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:3929-36 pubmed..In addition, we have isolated and sequenced a cDNA clone for mouse eEF-Tu. The derived amino acid sequence is compared with sequences from other eucaryotes. ..