Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peptide elongation factor tu in France
Topic: peptide elongation factor tu
- Grandemange S, Seyer P, Carazo A, Becuwe P, Pessemesse L, Busson M, et al. Stimulation of mitochondrial activity by p43 overexpression induces human dermal fibroblast transformation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4282-91 pubmed..These data indicate that stimulation of mitochondrial activity in human dermal fibroblasts induces cell transformation through events involving ROS production. ..
- Krab I, te Biesebeke R, Bernardi A, Parmeggiani A. Elongation factor Ts can act as a steric chaperone by increasing the solubility of nucleotide binding-impaired elongation factor-Tu. Biochemistry. 2001;40:8531-5 pubmed
- Théobald Dietrich A, Frugier M, Giege R, Rudinger Thirion J. Atypical archaeal tRNA pyrrolysine transcript behaves towards EF-Tu as a typical elongator tRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1091-6 pubmed
- Feuermann M, Francisci S, Rinaldi T, De Luca C, Rohou H, Frontali L, et al. The yeast counterparts of human 'MELAS' mutations cause mitochondrial dysfunction that can be rescued by overexpression of the mitochondrial translation factor EF-Tu. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:53-8 pubmed
- Malki A, Caldas T, Parmeggiani A, Kohiyama M, Richarme G. Specificity of elongation factor EF-TU for hydrophobic peptides. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:749-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that EF-Tu, like DnaK, interacts albeit more weakly with the hydrophobic regions of substrate protein and are consistent with the hypothesis that it possesses chaperone properties. ..
- Guinet F, Frank R, Leberman R. Polypeptide elongation factor Tu from Halobacterium marismortui. Eur J Biochem. 1988;172:687-94 pubmed..The protein possesses typical halophilic characteristics, in that it is stable and active in 3 M KCl or 2 M (NH4)2SO4. Some other properties, like autofragmentation under sample treatment before SDS-PAGE, are described. ..
- Menez J, Heurgué Hamard V, Buckingham R. Sequestration of specific tRNA species cognate to the last sense codon of an overproduced gratuitous protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4725-32 pubmed
- Berrier C, Garrigues A, Richarme G, Ghazi A. Elongation factor Tu and DnaK are transferred from the cytoplasm to the periplasm of Escherichia coli during osmotic downshock presumably via the mechanosensitive channel mscL. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:248-51 pubmed
- Guillon J, Heiss S, Soutourina J, Mechulam Y, Laalami S, Grunberg Manago M, et al. Interplay of methionine tRNAs with translation elongation factor Tu and translation initiation factor 2 in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22321-5 pubmed..M., Mechulam, Y., Schmitter, J.-M., Blanquet, S., and Fayat, G. (1992) J. Bacteriol. 174, 4294-4301. ..
- Kawashima T, Berthet Colominas C, Wulff M, Cusack S, Leberman R. The structure of the Escherichia coli EF-Tu.EF-Ts complex at 2.5 A resolution. Nature. 1996;379:511-8 pubmed publisher..The interaction of EF-Ts with EF-Tu results principally in the disruption of the Mg2+ ion binding site, thereby reducing the affinity of EF-Tu for guanine nucleotides...