Experts and Doctors on pectobacterium carotovorum in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: pectobacterium carotovorum
- Loh J, Pierson E, Pierson L, Stacey G, Chatterjee A. Quorum sensing in plant-associated bacteria. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2002;5:285-90 pubmed
- Liu Y, Chatterjee A, Chatterjee A. Nucleotide sequence, organization and expression of rdgA and rdgB genes that regulate pectin lyase production in the plant pathogenic bacterium Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora in response to DNA-damaging agents. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:999-1010 pubmed..Thus, the two closely linked rdgA and rdgB genes, required for the regulation of Pnl production, are expressed differently in Ecc71. ..
- Cui Y, Madi L, Mukherjee A, Dumenyo C, Chatterjee A. The RsmA- mutants of Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora strain Ecc71 overexpress hrpNEcc and elicit a hypersensitive reaction-like response in tobacco leaves. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1996;9:565-73 pubmed..Chatterjee et al., 1995, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 61:1959-1967) demonstrate that this global regulator gene plays a critical role in plant interaction of E. carotovora subsp. carotovora. ..
- Chatterjee A, Cui Y, Liu Y, Dumenyo C, Chatterjee A. Inactivation of rsmA leads to overproduction of extracellular pectinases, cellulases, and proteases in Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora in the absence of the starvation/cell density-sensing signal, N-(3-oxohexanoyl)-L-homoserine lactone. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1995;61:1959-67 pubmed..While the basal levels of Pel, Peh, Cel, and Prt are comparable in the RsmA- mutant and its HSL- derivative, these enzymes are barely detectable in the Hsl- derivative of the RsmA+ parent strain.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Chatterjee A, Cui Y, Chatterjee A. RsmA and the quorum-sensing signal, N-[3-oxohexanoyl]-L-homoserine lactone, control the levels of rsmB RNA in Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora by affecting its stability. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:4089-95 pubmed..The findings reported here firmly establish that the quorum-sensing signal is channeled in E. carotovora subsp. carotovora via the rsmA-rsmB posttranscriptional regulatory system...
- McClelland L, Jasper H, Biteau B. Tis11 mediated mRNA decay promotes the reacquisition of Drosophila intestinal stem cell quiescence. Dev Biol. 2017;426:8-16 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Tis11 mediated mRNA decay as an evolutionarily conserved mechanism of re-establishing basal proliferation rates of stem cells in regenerating tissues. ..
- Kwan G, Charkowski A, Barak J. Salmonella enterica suppresses Pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. carotovorum population and soft rot progression by acidifying the microaerophilic environment. MBio. 2013;4:e00557-12 pubmed publisher..Whereas soft rotted produce can alert consumers to the possibility of food-borne pathogens, healthy-looking produce may entice consumption of contaminated vegetables...
- Marquez Villavicencio M, Weber B, Witherell R, Willis D, Charkowski A. The 3-hydroxy-2-butanone pathway is required for Pectobacterium carotovorum pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22974 pubmed publisher..Alkalinization of the milieu via this pathway may aid in plant cell maceration since Pectobacterium pectate lyases are most active at alkaline pH...
- Yap M, Barak J, Charkowski A. Genomic diversity of Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora and its correlation with virulence. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:3013-23 pubmed
- Li Q, Lawrence C, Xing H, Babbitt R, Bass W, Maiti I, et al. Enhanced disease resistance conferred by expression of an antimicrobial magainin analog in transgenic tobacco. Planta. 2001;212:635-9 pubmed..tabacina infection. A significant increase in resistance to the bacterial pathogen was also observed regardless of the targeting location of the peptide...