Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pathologic neovascularization in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: pathologic neovascularization
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Liby K, Risingsong R, Royce D, Williams C, Yore M, Honda T, et al. Prevention and treatment of experimental estrogen receptor-negative mammary carcinogenesis by the synthetic triterpenoid CDDO-methyl Ester and the rexinoid LG100268. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4556-63 pubmed publisher..CDDO-Me and 268 are useful as individual drugs to prevent ER-negative mammary tumorigenesis and to treat established tumors. They synergize when used in combination for prevention. ..
- Kwon J, Stephan S, Mukhopadhyay A, Muders M, Dutta S, Lau J, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-2 mediated insulin-like growth factor-I receptor overexpression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma through protein kinase Cdelta. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1350-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings suggest a novel regulatory role of IRS-2 on the expression of IGF-IR through PKCdelta and mTOR in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Davies M, Zamora D, Smith J, Powers M. Soluble ephrin-B2 mediates apoptosis in retinal neovascularization and in endothelial cells. Microvasc Res. 2009;77:382-6 pubmed publisher..Results of the in vitro studies suggest that sEphrinB2 may directly induce apoptosis of EC during pathological neovascularization. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Toth K, Sen A, Seshadri M, Cao S, Durrani F, et al. Inhibition of colon cancer growth by methylselenocysteine-induced angiogenic chemomodulation is influenced by histologic characteristics of the tumor. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2009;8:155-62 pubmed publisher..Such regions constitute a physical barrier to chemotherapy and can confer drug resistance. Our results indicate that MSC could enhance chemotherapeutic efficacy in human CRC, especially in CRC with few or no hypoxic regions. ..
- Shao R, Hamel K, Petersen L, Cao Q, Arenas R, Bigelow C, et al. YKL-40, a secreted glycoprotein, promotes tumor angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2009;28:4456-68 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into angiogenic activities and molecular mechanisms of YKL-40 in cancer development. ..
- Puolakkainen P, Brekken R, Muneer S, Sage E. Enhanced growth of pancreatic tumors in SPARC-null mice is associated with decreased deposition of extracellular matrix and reduced tumor cell apoptosis. Mol Cancer Res. 2004;2:215-24 pubmed..These data reflect the importance of ECM deposition in regulating tumor growth and demonstrate that host-derived SPARC is a critical factor in the response of host tissue to tumorigenesis. ..
- Neurath K, Keough M, Mikkelsen T, Claffey K. AMP-dependent protein kinase alpha 2 isoform promotes hypoxia-induced VEGF expression in human glioblastoma. Glia. 2006;53:733-43 pubmed
- Chae S, Paik J, Furneaux H, Hla T. Requirement for sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor-1 in tumor angiogenesis demonstrated by in vivo RNA interference. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1082-9 pubmed..These data suggest that S1P(1) is a critical component of the tumor angiogenic response and argue for the utility of siRNA technology in antiangiogenic therapeutics. ..
- Lu S, Herrington H, Reh D, Weber S, Bornstein S, Wang D, et al. Loss of transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor promotes metastatic head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1331-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that targeting common oncogenic pathways in tumor epithelia together with blocking the effect of TGFbeta1 on tumor stroma may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for HNSCC. ..
- Baccala A, Sercia L, Li J, Heston W, Zhou M. Expression of prostate-specific membrane antigen in tumor-associated neovasculature of renal neoplasms. Urology. 2007;70:385-90 pubmed..It is most commonly detected in CCRCC and rarely detectable in PRCC and AML. This finding suggests that antibodies against PSMA may potentially be used as a diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for renal neoplasms. ..
- Uneda S, Toi H, Tsujie T, Tsujie M, Harada N, Tsai H, et al. Anti-endoglin monoclonal antibodies are effective for suppressing metastasis and the primary tumors by targeting tumor vasculature. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1446-53 pubmed publisher..The findings in the present study are clinically relevant in view of the ongoing clinical trial of a humanized (chimerized) form of SN6j. ..
- Fan C, Ouyang P, Timur A, He P, You S, Hu Y, et al. Novel roles of GATA1 in regulation of angiogenic factor AGGF1 and endothelial cell function. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23331-43 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that GATA1 regulates expression of AGGF1 and reveal a novel role for GATA1 in endothelial cell biology and angiogenesis. ..
- Fingler J, Zawadzki R, Werner J, Schwartz D, Fraser S. Volumetric microvascular imaging of human retina using optical coherence tomography with a novel motion contrast technique. Opt Express. 2009;17:22190-200 pubmed publisher..This motion contrast technique has demonstrated the ability to visualize resolution-limited vasculature independent of vessel orientation and flow velocity. ..
- Klenotic P, Huang P, Palomo J, Kaur B, Van Meir E, Vogelbaum M, et al. Histidine-rich glycoprotein modulates the anti-angiogenic effects of vasculostatin. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2039-50 pubmed publisher..These data help define a novel angiogenic axis that could be exploited for the treatment of human cancers and other diseases where excess angiogenesis occurs. ..
- Schwartz R, Sidor M, Musumeci M, Lin R, Micali G. Infantile haemangiomas: a challenge in paediatric dermatology. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2010;24:631-8 pubmed publisher..It produces such a dramatic and rapid response that the appearance of an infantile haemangioma should impart expeditious consideration of the risks and benefits of its use. ..
- Aikawa T, Whipple C, Lopez M, Gunn J, Young A, Lander A, et al. Glypican-1 modulates the angiogenic and metastatic potential of human and mouse cancer cells. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:89-99 pubmed..Thus targeting GPC1 might provide new avenues for cancer therapy and for the prevention of cancer metastasis. ..
- Latimer P, Menchaca M, Snyder R, Yu W, Gilbert B, Sanders B, et al. Aerosol delivery of liposomal formulated paclitaxel and vitamin E analog reduces murine mammary tumor burden and metastases. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:1244-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sequential inhalation delivery of liposomal-formulated paclitaxel and alpha-TEA produces significantly better anti-tumor outcomes than single treatments. ..
- Gao G, Shao C, Zhang S, Dudley A, Fant J, Ma J. Kallikrein-binding protein inhibits retinal neovascularization and decreases vascular leakage. Diabetologia. 2003;46:689-98 pubmed..Inhibition of VEGF binding to its receptors and down-regulation of VEGF expression could represent a mechanism for the vascular activities of KBP. ..
- Maeda T, Desouky J, Friedl A. Syndecan-1 expression by stromal fibroblasts promotes breast carcinoma growth in vivo and stimulates tumor angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2006;25:1408-12 pubmed..013) and total vessel area (P=0.0026). In conclusion, stromal fibroblast-derived Sdc1 stimulates breast carcinoma growth and angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Sakamoto S, Ryan A, Kyprianou N. Targeting vasculature in urologic tumors: mechanistic and therapeutic significance. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:691-708 pubmed
- Qi J, Dai G, Luthert P, Chaurasia S, Hollyfield J, Weber B, et al. S156C mutation in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 induces increased angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19927-36 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism(s) by which mutant TIMP-3 can induce abnormal neovascularization provides important insight into the pathophysiology of a number of diseases with increased angiogenesis. ..
- Madlambayan G, Butler J, Hosaka K, Jorgensen M, Fu D, Guthrie S, et al. Bone marrow stem and progenitor cell contribution to neovasculogenesis is dependent on model system with SDF-1 as a permissive trigger. Blood. 2009;114:4310-9 pubmed publisher..The varied BM contribution seen in different model systems is suggestive of redundant mechanisms governing postnatal neovasculogenesis and provides an explanation for contradictory results observed in the field. ..
- Roy M, Hallman D, Fu Y, Machado M, Hanis C. Assessment of 193 candidate genes for retinopathy in African Americans with type 1 diabetes. Arch Ophthalmol. 2009;127:605-12 pubmed publisher..Our data support the role of genetic factors to account for severity and/or progression of DR in African Americans with type 1 diabetes and to identify several prime genes that likely contribute to the risk of DR. ..
- Chang S, Liu C, Conway R, Han D, Nithipatikom K, Trifan O, et al. Role of prostaglandin E2-dependent angiogenic switch in cyclooxygenase 2-induced breast cancer progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:591-6 pubmed..These results define COX-2-derived PGE(2) as a potent inducer of angiogenic switch during mammary cancer progression. ..
- Bhattacharyya S, Marinic T, Krukovets I, Hoppe G, Stenina O. Cell type-specific post-transcriptional regulation of production of the potent antiangiogenic and proatherogenic protein thrombospondin-1 by high glucose. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5699-707 pubmed..The cell-specific regulation of TSP-1 suggests a potential mechanism for the aberrant angiogenesis in diabetics and TSP-1 involvement in development of various vascular diabetic complications. ..
- Whipple C, Korc M. Targeting angiogenesis in pancreatic cancer: rationale and pitfalls. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2008;393:901-10 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the alterations in PDAC that play a critical role in angiogenesis and provides an overview of current and therapeutic strategies that may be useful for targeting angiogenesis in this malignancy. ..
- Yang L, Clarke M, Carlson B, Mladek A, Schroeder M, Decker P, et al. PTEN loss does not predict for response to RAD001 (Everolimus) in a glioblastoma orthotopic xenograft test panel. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3993-4001 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that loss of PTEN function is insufficient to adequately predict responsiveness to mTOR inhibitors in glioblastoma multiforme. ..
- Egleton R, Brown K, Dasgupta P. Angiogenic activity of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: implications in tobacco-related vascular diseases. Pharmacol Ther. 2009;121:205-23 pubmed publisher..The development of selective nAChR agonists and antagonists with improved specificity may represent novel therapeutic regimens in the treatment of angiogenesis-related diseases. ..
- Coleman A, Rendon B, Zhao M, Qian M, Bucala R, Xin D, et al. Cooperative regulation of non-small cell lung carcinoma angiogenic potential by macrophage migration inhibitory factor and its homolog, D-dopachrome tautomerase. J Immunol. 2008;181:2330-7 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of a biological role for D-DT, and its synergism with MIF suggests that the combined therapeutic targeting of both family members may enhance current anti-MIF-based therapies. ..
- Phillips P, Birnby L, Narendran A, Milonovich W. Nitric oxide modulates capillary formation at the endothelial cell-tumor cell interface. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L278-90 pubmed..We demonstrate further that NO may exert its inhibitory effects by influencing matrix metalloproteinase expression/activity and tyrosine phosphorylation of proteins in the sprouting tips of nascent capillaries...
- Mahabeleshwar G, Feng W, Phillips D, Byzova T. Integrin signaling is critical for pathological angiogenesis. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2495-507 pubmed..These findings provide novel mechanistic insights into the role of integrin-VEGF axis in pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Safina A, Vandette E, Bakin A. ALK5 promotes tumor angiogenesis by upregulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 in tumor cells. Oncogene. 2007;26:2407-22 pubmed..Collectively, our results show that TGF-beta-ALK5-MAPK signaling in tumor cells promotes tumor angiogenesis and MMP-9 is an important component of this program. ..
- Cash J, Korchnak A, Gorman J, Tandon Y, Fraizer G. VEGF transcription and mRNA stability are altered by WT1 not DDS(R384W) expression in LNCaP cells. Oncol Rep. 2007;17:1413-9 pubmed..These studies of VEGF regulation by WT1 and dysregulation by DDS(R384W) suggest an important role for WT1 in both normal and tumor-related angiogenesis...
- Tan W, Bailey A, Shparago M, Busby B, Covington J, Johnson J, et al. Chronic alcohol consumption stimulates VEGF expression, tumor angiogenesis and progression of melanoma in mice. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1211-7 pubmed..01). These results suggest that progression of melanoma growth and angiogenesis may be mediated by upregulation of VEGF and Flt-1, especially under the influence of EtOH. ..
- Dillehay S, Miller M. Performance of Lotrafilcon B silicone hydrogel contact lenses in experienced low-Dk/t daily lens wearers. Eye Contact Lens. 2007;33:272-7 pubmed..Daily wear of O2OPTIX lenses resulted in improvements in corneal signs of health and patient symptoms and provided excellent vision and comfort. O2OPTIX lenses were preferred by subjects over their habitual lenses. ..
- Kwon I, Schoenlein P, Delk J, Liu K, Thangaraju M, Dulin N, et al. Expression of cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent protein kinase in metastatic colon carcinoma cells blocks tumor angiogenesis. Cancer. 2008;112:1462-70 pubmed publisher..Together the findings indicated that PKG down-regulation in colon cancer cells is important for optimal tumor angiogenesis and that regulation of beta-catenin expression may be important to this process. ..
- Krohn K, Link J, Mason R. Molecular imaging of hypoxia. J Nucl Med. 2008;49 Suppl 2:129S-48S pubmed publisher..Hypoxia imaging in support of molecular medicine has become an important success story over the last decade and provides a model and some important lessons for development of new molecular imaging probes or techniques. ..
- Ali S, O Donnell A, Balu D, Pohl M, Seyler M, Mohamed S, et al. High levels of oestrogen receptor-alpha in tumorigenesis: inhibition of cell growth and angiogenic factors. Cell Prolif. 2001;34:223-31 pubmed..The results shown here demonstrate that a higher level of oestrogen receptor-alpha in the cell, through its effect on certain angiogenic factors, may play a role in the control of angiogenesis...
- Pandey J, Wendell D. Angiogenesis and capillary maturation phenotypes associated with the Edpm3 locus on rat chromosome 3. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:49-57 pubmed..BN-Edpm3(BN) than F344. Thus, although there is greater angiogenic activity in the pituitary of estrogen-treated F344.BN-Edpm3(BN) rats, there is a deficiency in capillary maturation compared with F344. ..
- Galliher A, Neil J, Schiemann W. Role of transforming growth factor-beta in cancer progression. Future Oncol. 2006;2:743-63 pubmed
- Hoot K, Oka M, Han G, Bottinger E, Zhang Q, Wang X. HGF upregulation contributes to angiogenesis in mice with keratinocyte-specific Smad2 deletion. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3606-16 pubmed publisher..Since Smad2 is often downregulated in human SCCs, our data suggest a therapeutic strategy of blocking HGF/c-Met activation for Smad2-deficient SCCs...
- Rajkumar S, Mesa R, Fonseca R, Schroeder G, Plevak M, Dispenzieri A, et al. Bone marrow angiogenesis in 400 patients with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, multiple myeloma, and primary amyloidosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:2210-6 pubmed..02. BM angiogenesis progressively increases along the spectrum of plasma cell disorders, from the more benign MGUS stage to advanced myeloma, indicating that angiogenesis may be related to disease progression. ..
- Benakanakere I, Besch Williford C, Schnell J, Brandt S, Ellersieck M, Molinolo A, et al. Natural and synthetic progestins accelerate 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-initiated mammary tumors and increase angiogenesis in Sprague-Dawley rats. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4062-71 pubmed..The model described here is a potentially useful preclinical model for rapidly screening such compounds. ..
- Backer M, Hamby C, Backer J. Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling in angiogenic tumor vasculature. Adv Genet. 2009;67:1-27 pubmed publisher..We describe here one such molecule, SLT-VEGF, a fusion protein containing VEGF121 and the highly cytotoxic catalytic subunit of Shiga-like toxin. ..
- Hall K, Ran S. Regulation of tumor angiogenesis by the local environment. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2010;15:195-212 pubmed..This review will briefly summarize the current findings related to regulation of angiogenesis by the tumor microenvironment, while highlighting potential targets for inhibiting this process. ..
- Chien W, Garrison K, Caufield E, Orthel J, Dill J, Fero M. Differential gene expression of p27Kip1 and Rb knockout pituitary tumors associated with altered growth and angiogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:750-7 pubmed..Mouse models lacking p27Kip1 and Rb may help us better understand the pathophysiology of MEN syndromes, retinoblastoma and other cancers that disrupt these important cell cycle inhibitors. ..
- Chintalapudi M, Markiewicz M, Kose N, Dammai V, Champion K, Hoda R, et al. Cyr61/CCN1 and CTGF/CCN2 mediate the proangiogenic activity of VHL-mutant renal carcinoma cells. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:696-703 pubmed publisher..These findings strengthened the notion that the hypervascularized phenotype of RCC is afforded by multiple proangiogenic factors that function in parallel pathways. ..
- Skoura A, Hla T. Regulation of vascular physiology and pathology by the S1P2 receptor subtype. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:221-8 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that selective modulation of S1P2 receptor function by pharmacological tools may be useful in a variety of pathological conditions. ..
- Abrahams N, Vesoulis Z, Petras R. Angiogenic polypoid proliferation adjacent to ileal carcinoid tumors: a nonspecific finding related to mucosal prolapse. Mod Pathol. 2001;14:821-7 pubmed..The association of angiogenic polypoid proliferation with a variety of different neoplasms makes it unlikely that the tumors themselves secrete growth factors. ..
- Qi J, Ebrahem Q, Moore N, Murphy G, Claesson Welsh L, Bond M, et al. A novel function for tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 (TIMP3): inhibition of angiogenesis by blockage of VEGF binding to VEGF receptor-2. Nat Med. 2003;9:407-15 pubmed..This property seems to be independent of its MMP-inhibitory activity, indicating a new function for this molecule. ..
- Chen B, Pogue B, Zhou X, O Hara J, Solban N, Demidenko E, et al. Effect of tumor host microenvironment on photodynamic therapy in a rat prostate tumor model. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:720-7 pubmed..To obtain clinically relevant information, orthotopic tumor model should be used in the experimental studies. ..
- Garrison J, Shaw Y, Chen C, Kyprianou N. Novel quinazoline-based compounds impair prostate tumorigenesis by targeting tumor vascularity. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11344-52 pubmed..This new class of quinazoline-based compounds provides considerable promise as antitumor drugs for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Yan W, Bentley B, Shao R. Distinct angiogenic mediators are required for basic fibroblast growth factor- and vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesis: the role of cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase c-Abl in tumor angiogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2278-88 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the wild-type c-Abl enhanced angiogenesis in both Matrigel implantation and tumor xenograft models. These data provide novel insights into c-Abl's differential functions in mediating bFGF- and VEGF-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Belinsky G, Claffey K, Nambiar P, Guda K, Rosenberg D. Vascular endothelial growth factor and enhanced angiogenesis do not promote metastatic conversion of a newly established azoxymethane-induced colon cancer cell line. Mol Carcinog. 2005;43:65-74 pubmed..The established murine colon epithelial cell line provides a useful experimental model to further elaborate genetic and epigenetic factors that may promote or inhibit colon tumorigenesis and metastasis. ..
- Kohno M, Momoi M, Oo M, Paik J, Lee Y, Venkataraman K, et al. Intracellular role for sphingosine kinase 1 in intestinal adenoma cell proliferation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7211-23 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Sphk1 plays a critical role in intestinal tumor cell proliferation and that inhibitors of Sphk1 may be useful in the control of intestinal cancer. ..
- Khan N, Afaq F, Kweon M, Kim K, Mukhtar H. Oral consumption of pomegranate fruit extract inhibits growth and progression of primary lung tumors in mice. Cancer Res. 2007;67:3475-82 pubmed..Thus, our data show that PFE significantly inhibits lung tumorigenesis in A/J mice and merits investigation as a chemopreventive agent for human lung cancer. ..
- Fenton B, Paoni S. The addition of AG-013736 to fractionated radiation improves tumor response without functionally normalizing the tumor vasculature. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9921-8 pubmed..Despite the progressive decrease in tumor oxygenation over 3 weeks of treatment, combination therapy remained effective and tumor progression was minimal. ..
- Eck S, Hoopes P, Petrella B, Coon C, Brinckerhoff C. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 promotes breast cancer angiogenesis and osteolysis in a novel in vivo model. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;116:79-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that breast cancer-derived MMP-1 mediates invasion through soft tissues and bone via mechanisms involving matrix degradation, angiogenesis, and osteoclast activation. ..
- David V, Martin A, Hedge A, Rowe P. Matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE) is a new bone renal hormone and vascularization modulator. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4012-23 pubmed publisher..This novel pathway also modulates bone-renal vascularization and bone turnover. ..
- McGary K, Park T, Woods J, Cha H, Wallingford J, Marcotte E. Systematic discovery of nonobvious human disease models through orthologous phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6544-9 pubmed publisher..Phenologs reveal functionally coherent, evolutionarily conserved gene networks-many predating the plant-animal divergence-capable of identifying candidate disease genes. ..
- Kyriakides T, Zhu Y, Yang Z, Huynh G, Bornstein P. Altered extracellular matrix remodeling and angiogenesis in sponge granulomas of thrombospondin 2-null mice. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:1255-62 pubmed..In addition, they provide in vivo evidence for a newly proposed function of TSP2 as a modulator of extracellular MMP2 levels. ..
- Yin G, Liu W, An P, Li P, Ding I, Planelles V, et al. Endostatin gene transfer inhibits joint angiogenesis and pannus formation in inflammatory arthritis. Mol Ther. 2002;5:547-54 pubmed..These data suggest a novel mechanism by which endostatin inhibits angiogenesis, and demonstrates the potential utility of anti-angiogenic gene therapy for treatment of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Masso Welch P, Zangani D, Ip C, Vaughan M, Shoemaker S, Ramirez R, et al. Inhibition of angiogenesis by the cancer chemopreventive agent conjugated linoleic acid. Cancer Res. 2002;62:4383-9 pubmed..Both cis-9, trans-11 and trans-10, cis-12 CLA isomers were effective in inhibiting angiogenesis in vitro in a dose-dependent fashion. The ability of CLA to inhibit angiogenesis may contribute to its efficacy as a chemopreventive agent. ..
- Skoura A, Sanchez T, Claffey K, Mandala S, Proia R, Hla T. Essential role of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 2 in pathological angiogenesis of the mouse retina. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2506-16 pubmed..We propose that antagonism of the S1P2R may be a novel therapeutic approach for the prevention and/or treatment of pathologic ocular neovascularization. ..
- Feng W, McCabe N, Mahabeleshwar G, Somanath P, Phillips D, Byzova T. The angiogenic response is dictated by beta3 integrin on bone marrow-derived cells. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:1145-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, beta(3) integrin has the potential to control processes such as tumor growth and wound healing by regulating BMDC recruitment to sites undergoing pathological and adaptive angiogenesis. ..
- Davidoff A, Nathwani A, Spurbeck W, Ng C, Zhou J, Vanin E. rAAV-mediated long-term liver-generated expression of an angiogenesis inhibitor can restrict renal tumor growth in mice. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3077-83 pubmed..These findings establish the feasibility of using rAAV vectors in antiangiogenic gene therapy. ..
- Siemann D, Mercer E, Lepler S, Rojiani A. Vascular targeting agents enhance chemotherapeutic agent activities in solid tumor therapy. Int J Cancer. 2002;99:1-6 pubmed..In addition, the inclusion of the antivascular agents did not increase bone marrow stem cell toxicity associated with these anticancer drugs, thus giving rise to a therapeutic gain. ..
- Moses A, Jarvis M, Raggo C, Bell Y, Ruhl R, Luukkonen B, et al. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-induced upregulation of the c-kit proto-oncogene, as identified by gene expression profiling, is essential for the transformation of endothelial cells. J Virol. 2002;76:8383-99 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate an essential role for c-Kit in KS tumorigenesis and reveal a target for pharmacological intervention. ..
- Lalla R, Boisoneau D, Spiro J, Kreutzer D. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors on tumor cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;129:882-8 pubmed..The presence of VEGFRs on tumor-associated macrophages and fibroblasts contributes to the complexity of the VEGF/VEGFR system in human cancer. ..
- Tien E, Davis J, Vanden Heuvel J. Identification of the CREB-binding protein/p300-interacting protein CITED2 as a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha coregulator. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24053-63 pubmed..The results described here suggest that CIT-ED2 is a coactivator of PPARalpha and that both proteins may participate in signaling cascades of hypoxic response and angiogenesis. ..
- Akhtar N, Padilla M, Dickerson E, Steinberg H, Breen M, Auerbach R, et al. Interleukin-12 inhibits tumor growth in a novel angiogenesis canine hemangiosarcoma xenograft model. Neoplasia. 2004;6:106-16 pubmed..The endothelial cell model we have described offers unique opportunities to pursue further investigations with IL-12, as well as other antiangiogenic approaches in cancer therapy. ..
- Cai W, Chen X. Multimodality molecular imaging of tumor angiogenesis. J Nucl Med. 2008;49 Suppl 2:113S-28S pubmed publisher..Not limited to cancer, these novel agents can also have broad applications for many other angiogenesis-related diseases. ..
- Tang Y, Scheef E, Wang S, Sorenson C, Marcus C, Jefcoate C, et al. CYP1B1 expression promotes the proangiogenic phenotype of endothelium through decreased intracellular oxidative stress and thrombospondin-2 expression. Blood. 2009;113:744-54 pubmed publisher..Evidence is presented that similar changes occur in retinal endothelium in vivo to limit neovascularization. ..
- Kim Y, Clark R, Ranheim E, Alexander C. Wnt1 expression induces short-range and long-range cell recruitments that modify mammary tumor development and are not induced by a cell-autonomous beta-catenin effector. Cancer Res. 2008;68:10145-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, localized ectopic expression of the proto-oncogene Wnt1 in mammary glands induces systemic responses, and we propose that this response modifies the tumorigenic outcome. ..
- Perry K, Enestvedt C, Hosack L, Pham T, Diggs B, Teh S, et al. Increased vascular endothelial growth factor transcription in residual hepatocellular carcinoma after open versus laparoscopic hepatectomy in a small animal model. Surg Endosc. 2010;24:1151-7 pubmed publisher..The authors hypothesized that compared with open liver resection, laparoscopic hepatectomy would result in a decreased local angiogenic response in residual tumor cells...
- Young M. Tumor-derived prostaglandin E2 and transforming growth factor-beta stimulate endothelial cell motility through inhibition of protein phosphatase-2A and involvement of PTEN and phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase. Angiogenesis. 2004;7:123-31 pubmed..These studies showed that the increased endothelial cell motility that resulted from PGE2/TGFbeta inhibition of PP-2A was dependent on PI3K. ..
- Dimaio T, Wang S, Huang Q, Scheef E, Sorenson C, Sheibani N. Attenuation of retinal vascular development and neovascularization in PECAM-1-deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2008;315:72-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PECAM-1 expression and its potential interactions with EphB4/ephrin B2 and eNOS are important for survival, migration, and functional organization of EC during retinal vascular development and angiogenesis. ..
- Yalcin M, Dyskin E, Lansing L, Bharali D, Mousa S, Bridoux A, et al. Tetraiodothyroacetic acid (tetrac) and nanoparticulate tetrac arrest growth of medullary carcinoma of the thyroid. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1972-80 pubmed publisher..Tetrac also inhibits angiogenesis initiated by vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblast growth factor...
- Siemann D, Rojiani A. Enhancement of radiation therapy by the novel vascular targeting agent ZD6126. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002;53:164-71 pubmed
- Bardelli A, Saha S, Sager J, Romans K, Xin B, Markowitz S, et al. PRL-3 expression in metastatic cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:5607-15 pubmed..PRL-3 is also expressed in tumor vasculature, regardless of the tumor source. These data raise intriguing questions about the role of protein phosphorylation in angiogenesis and cell-type-specific metastatic processes. ..
- Wang S, Sorenson C, Sheibani N. Attenuation of retinal vascular development and neovascularization during oxygen-induced ischemic retinopathy in Bcl-2-/- mice. Dev Biol. 2005;279:205-19 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of bcl-2 is required for appropriate development of retinal vasculature as well as its neovascularization during OIR. ..