Experts and Doctors on parity in Sweden
- Sjödahl J, Kvist J, Gutke A, Oberg B. The postural response of the pelvic floor muscles during limb movements: a methodological electromyography study in parous women without lumbopelvic pain. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2009;24:183-9 pubmed publisher..Movements performed at a comfortable speed seem to be useful in order to detect such a response. ..
- Jernstrom H, Klug T, Sepkovic D, Bradlow H, Narod S. Predictors of the plasma ratio of 2-hydroxyestrone to 16alpha-hydroxyestrone among pre-menopausal, nulliparous women from four ethnic groups. Carcinogenesis. 2003;24:991-1005 pubmed..The reported elevated risk of early onset breast cancer among young oral contraceptive users could be mediated in part through altered estrogen metabolism induced by synthetic estrogens and progestins. ..
- Lof M, Hilakivi Clarke L, Sandin S S, de Assis S, Yu W, Weiderpass E. Dietary fat intake and gestational weight gain in relation to estradiol and progesterone plasma levels during pregnancy: a longitudinal study in Swedish women. BMC Womens Health. 2009;9:10 pubmed publisher..Identification of other possible determinants of pregnancy estradiol and progesterone levels, important for the development of breast cancer in both mothers and offspring, are needed. ..
- Himmelmann K, Ahlin K, Jacobsson B, Cans C, Thorsen P. Risk factors for cerebral palsy in children born at term. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011;90:1070-81 pubmed publisher..More research is needed to understand the risk factors of CP and specifically how they relate to causal pathways of cerebral palsy. ..
- Wikström A, Stephansson O, Cnattingius S. Previous preeclampsia and risks of adverse outcomes in subsequent nonpreeclamptic pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;204:148.e1-6 pubmed publisher..Women with previous preterm preeclampsia have increased risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes in a second pregnancy despite the absence of preeclampsia. ..
- Andersson A, Nyman A, Wallgren P. A retrospective cohort study estimating the individual Aleutian disease progress in female mink using a VP2 ELISA and its association to reproductive performance. Prev Vet Med. 2017;140:60-66 pubmed publisher..Selection of primiparous female mink with low OD450 values for breeding will reduce the risk of having barren females. ..
- Hogberg U, Lekâs Berg M. Prolonged labour attributed to large fetus. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2000;49:160-4 pubmed..For multiparas no significant association were found. To conclude, this study indicates that heavy birth weight and large head circumference contribute to 1/5th of the prolongation of labour and interventions among primiparas...
- Hardell E, Carlberg M, Nordstrom M, van Bavel B. Time trends of persistent organic pollutants in Sweden during 1993-2007 and relation to age, gender, body mass index, breast-feeding and parity. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:4412-9 pubmed publisher..Parity with >2 children yielded statistically significantly lower sum of PCBs. All the studied POPs decreased during the time period, probably due to restrictions of their use. ..
- Bågeman E, Ingvar C, Rose C, Jernstrom H. Absence of the common Insulin-like growth factor-1 19-repeat allele is associated with early age at breast cancer diagnosis in multiparous women. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:712-7 pubmed..006). Multiparity combined with IGF1-19/-19 was associated with an early age at breast cancer diagnosis. If confirmed, IGF1-19/-19 may help identify a subgroup of women for earlier breast cancer screening. ..
- Haglund N, Källén K. Risk factors for autism and Asperger syndrome. Perinatal factors and migration. Autism. 2011;15:163-83 pubmed publisher..6-3.1) and negatively associated with Asperger syndrome (OR: 0.6; 95%CI: 0.3-0.97). The highest risk estimate for autism was found among children to women who were born in sub-Saharan Africa (OR: 7.3), or in East Asia (OR: 3.4). ..
- Thies Lagergren L, Kvist L, Christensson K, Hildingsson I. No reduction in instrumental vaginal births and no increased risk for adverse perineal outcome in nulliparous women giving birth on a birth seat: results of a Swedish randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2011;11:22 pubmed publisher
- Nilsson C, Bondas T, Lundgren I. Previous birth experience in women with intense fear of childbirth. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2010;39:298-309 pubmed publisher..The implication is to provide maternity care where the nurse/midwife is present and supports women during birth in a way that enables them to be present and take their place during birth. ..
- Petersson K, Strandberg E, Gustafsson H, Berglund B. Environmental effects on progesterone profile measures of dairy cow fertility. Anim Reprod Sci. 2006;91:201-14 pubmed..10. Our study shows that early fertility measurements have a possibility to be used in breeding for better fertility. To improve the early fertility of the cow, there are a number of important factors that have to be taken into account...
- Odensten M, Chilliard Y, Holtenius K. Effects of two different feeding strategies during dry-off on metabolism in high-yielding dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:2072-82 pubmed..Our results indicate that dry-off markedly affected the metabolism in the blood and in the rumen of the cows, and that the cows offered only straw during the dry-off were most affected...
- Manske T, Hultgren J, Bergsten C. The effect of claw trimming on the hoof health of Swedish dairy cattle. Prev Vet Med. 2002;54:113-29 pubmed..86), sole ulcer (OR=0.59) and white-line fissure or double sole (OR=0.71)-but not of moderate-to-severe heel-horn erosion or dermatitis (OR=0.96). Acute hoof treatments between claw trimmings were more common in the NAT group (OR=2.02)...