Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on parathyroid hormone related protein in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: parathyroid hormone related protein
- Nadella M, Dirksen W, Nadella K, Shu S, Cheng A, Morgenstern J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of parathyroid hormone-related protein promoter P2 by NF-kappaB in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Leukemia. 2007;21:1752-62 pubmed..In summary, the data demonstrated that transcriptional regulation of PTHrP in ATLL cells can be controlled by NF-kappaB activation and also suggest a Tax-independent mechanism of activation of PTHrP in ATLL. ..
- Parrula C, Zimmerman B, Nadella P, Shu S, Rosol T, Fernandez S, et al. Expression of tumor invasion factors determines systemic engraftment and induction of humoral hypercalcemia in a mouse model of adult T-cell leukemia. Vet Pathol. 2009;46:1003-14 pubmed publisher..The MET-1/NOD/SCID model will be useful for developing interventions against invasion and spread of leukemic cells and subsequent humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy. ..
- Sellers R, Capen C, Rosol T. Messenger RNA stability of parathyroid hormone-related protein regulated by transforming growth factor-beta1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;188:37-46 pubmed..These studies revealed that TGFbeta1-induced PTHrP mRNA stability might be, in part, the result of cis-acting sequences within the coding region of the PTHrP mRNA. ..
- Damron T, Horton J, Naqvi A, Loomis R, Margulies B, Strauss J, et al. Combination radioprotectors maintain proliferation better than single agents by decreasing early parathyroid hormone-related protein changes after growth plate irradiation. Radiat Res. 2006;165:350-8 pubmed
- Wojcik S, Schanbacher F, McCauley L, Zhou H, Kartsogiannis V, Capen C, et al. Cloning of bovine parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) cDNA and expression of PTHrP mRNA in the bovine mammary gland. J Mol Endocrinol. 1998;20:271-80 pubmed..Expression of PTHrP mRNA was demonstrated in the mammary gland during late pregnancy and throughout lactation in cows. ..
- Wealthall R. In vitro regulation of proliferation and differentiation within a postnatal growth plate of the cranial base by parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP). J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:688-97 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first functional evidence that PTHrP regulates proliferation and differentiation within the postnatal, cranial growth plate. J. Cell. Physiol. 219: 688-697, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Grone A, Weckmann M, Blomme E, Capen C, Rosol T. Dependence of humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy on parathyroid hormone-related protein expression in the canine anal sac apocrine gland adenocarcinoma (CAC-8) nude mouse model. Vet Pathol. 1998;35:344-51 pubmed..Messenger RNA expression of TGF beta, TNF alpha, IL-1, and IL-6 was similar in both tumors and was consistent with the central role of PTHrP in the induction of hypercalcemia in this animal model. ..
- Sellers R, Luchin A, Richard V, Brena R, Lima D, Rosol T. Alternative splicing of parathyroid hormone-related protein mRNA: expression and stability. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;33:227-41 pubmed
- Rosol T, Capen C, Danks J, Suva L, Steinmeyer C, Hayman J, et al. Identification of parathyroid hormone-related protein in canine apocrine adenocarcinoma of the anal sac. Vet Pathol. 1990;27:89-95 pubmed..These data demonstrated that canine tissues contained a homologue to human PTHrP that likely is important in the pathogenesis of humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy...
- Nervina J, Tetradis S, Huang Y, Harrison D, Molina C, Kream B. Expression of inducible cAMP early repressor is coupled to the cAMP-protein kinase A signaling pathway in osteoblasts. Bone. 2003;32:483-90 pubmed..Finally, PTH, FSK, and PTHrP induced ICER in cultured mouse calvariae and osteoblastic ROS 17/2.8, UMR-106, and Pyla cells. We conclude that ICER expression in osteoblasts requires activation of the cAMP-PKA signaling pathway. ..
- Cho Y, Woodard G, Dunbar M, Gocken T, Jimenez J, Foley J. Hair-cycle-dependent expression of parathyroid hormone-related protein and its type I receptor: evidence for regulation at the anagen to catagen transition. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:715-27 pubmed..It appears that parathyroid hormone-related protein and fibroblast growth factor-5 regulate the anagen to catagen transition by independent pathways. ..
- Toribio R, Brown H, Novince C, Marlow B, Hernon K, Lanigan L, et al. The midregion, nuclear localization sequence, and C terminus of PTHrP regulate skeletal development, hematopoiesis, and survival in mice. FASEB J. 2010;24:1947-57 pubmed publisher..The down-regulation of Runx1, Runx2, and Sox9 indicates that PTHrP is a modulator of transcriptional activation during stem cell commitment. ..
- Abdalkhani A, Sellers R, Gent J, Wulitich H, Childress S, Stein B, et al. Nipple connective tissue and its development: insights from the K14-PTHrP mouse. Mech Dev. 2002;115:63-77 pubmed
- Gilmore J, Gonterman R, Menon K, LORCH G, Riese D, Robling A, et al. Reconstitution of amphiregulin-epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in lung squamous cell carcinomas activates PTHrP gene expression and contributes to cancer-mediated diseases of the bone. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1714-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide evidence that AREG stimulation of EGFR results in high levels of PTHrP gene expression, contributing to cancer-associated bone pathology. ..
- Nadella M, Shu S, Dirksen W, Thudi N, Nadella K, Fernandez S, et al. Expression of parathyroid hormone-related protein during immortalization of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by HTLV-1: implications for transformation. Retrovirology. 2008;5:46 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that PTHrP and its receptor are up-regulated specifically during immortalization of T-lymphocytes by HTLV-1 infection and may facilitate the transformation process. ..
- Smits P, Dy P, Mitra S, Lefebvre V. Sox5 and Sox6 are needed to develop and maintain source, columnar, and hypertrophic chondrocytes in the cartilage growth plate. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:747-58 pubmed..In conclusion, Sox5 and Sox6 are needed for the establishment of multilayered growth plates, and thereby for proper and timely development of endochondral bones. ..
- Deng X, Tannehill Gregg S, Nadella M, He G, Levine A, Cao Y, et al. Parathyroid hormone-related protein and ezrin are up-regulated in human lung cancer bone metastases. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2007;24:107-19 pubmed
- Richard V, Nadella M, Green P, Lairmore M, Feuer G, Foley J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of parathyroid hormone-related protein promoter P3 by ETS-1 in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Leukemia. 2005;19:1175-83 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that transcriptional regulation of PTHrP in ATLL cells can be controlled by T-cell receptor signaling and the ETS and MAPK ERK pathway in a Tax-independent manner. ..
- Zhang D, Schwarz E, Rosier R, Zuscik M, Puzas J, O Keefe R. ALK2 functions as a BMP type I receptor and induces Indian hedgehog in chondrocytes during skeletal development. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1593-604 pubmed..The findings suggest that BMPs are integrated into the Ihh/PTHrP signaling loop and that a fine balance of BMP signaling is essential for normal chondrocyte maturation and skeletal development. ..
- Foley J, Dann P, Hong J, Cosgrove J, Dreyer B, Rimm D, et al. Parathyroid hormone-related protein maintains mammary epithelial fate and triggers nipple skin differentiation during embryonic breast development. Development. 2001;128:513-25 pubmed..Finally, PTHrP signaling regulates the epidermal and mesenchymal expression of LEF1 and (&bgr;)-catenin, suggesting that these changes in cell fate involve an interaction between the PTHrP and Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- Grone A, Weckmann M, Capen C, Rosol T. Regulation of parathyroid hormone-related protein expression in a canine squamous carcinoma cell line by colchicine. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 1998;50:365-70 pubmed..An increase in PTHrP production during mitosis of malignant epithelial cells may be important in the pathogenesis of humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy. ..
- Rosol T, Steinmeyer C, McCauley L, Grone A, DeWille J, Capen C. Sequences of the cDNAs encoding canine parathyroid hormone-related protein and parathyroid hormone. Gene. 1995;160:241-3 pubmed..The cPTHrP cDNA is unique, since it has homology to exon 1A of hPTHrP which suggests that dogs utilize a promoter similar to P1 of hPTHrP which has not been demonstrated in other species. ..