Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oxygen in United States
Locale: United States
Publications453 found, 100 shown here
- Yun D, Garcia Serres R, Chicalese B, An Y, Huynh B, Bollinger J. (Mu-1,2-peroxo)diiron(III/III) complex as a precursor to the diiron(III/IV) intermediate X in the assembly of the iron-radical cofactor of ribonucleotide reductase from mouse. Biochemistry. 2007;46:1925-32 pubmed
- Khan N, Mupparaju S, Hou H, Lariviere J, Demidenko E, Swartz H, et al. Radiotherapy in conjunction with 7-hydroxystaurosporine: a multimodal approach with tumor pO2 as a potential marker of therapeutic response. Radiat Res. 2009;172:592-7 pubmed publisher..This multimodal approach could be used to enhance the outcome of radiotherapy. Furthermore, tumor pO2 could be a potential marker of therapeutic response...
- Surratt J, Chan A, Eddingsaas N, Chan M, Loza C, Kwan A, et al. Reactive intermediates revealed in secondary organic aerosol formation from isoprene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6640-5 pubmed publisher..e., acidic aerosol produced from the oxidation of SO(2) and NO(2), respectively) could be a substantial source of "missing urban SOA" not included in current atmospheric models. ..
- Williams B, Khan N, Zaki B, Hartford A, Ernstoff M, Swartz H. Clinical electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry using India ink. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;662:149-56 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the feasibility of EPR oximetry in a clinical setting and the potential for more widespread use in the treatment of these and other oxygen-dependent diseases. ..
- Narayanan S, Suwanpradid J, Saul A, Xu Z, Still A, Caldwell R, et al. Arginase 2 deletion reduces neuro-glial injury and improves retinal function in a model of retinopathy of prematurity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22460 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to determine the role of the mitochondrial arginine/ornithine regulating enzyme arginase 2 (A2) in retinal neuro-glial cell injury in the mouse model of ROP...
- Garner R, Miller C, Burchfield D. Prophylactic indomethacin infusion increases fractional cerebral oxygen extraction in ELBW neonates. J Perinatol. 2012;32:695-8 pubmed publisher..1?mg?kg(-1) given over 1 to 2?h. However, the clinical implications of this small increase in extraction, likely representative of decreased cerebral perfusion, are unknown but may be harmful to the developing brain. ..
- Reynolds M, Lane A, Robertson B, Kemp S, Liu Y, Hill B, et al. Control of glutamine metabolism by the tumor suppressor Rb. Oncogene. 2014;33:556-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that the Rb/E2F cascade directly regulates a major energetic and anabolic pathway that is required for neoplastic growth. ..
- Feldstein Ewing S, Houck J, Yezhuvath U, Shokri Kojori E, Truitt D, Filbey F. The impact of therapists' words on the adolescent brain: In the context of addiction treatment. Behav Brain Res. 2016;297:359-69 pubmed publisher..This study represents a first step in understanding how therapist behaviors influence the developing adolescent brain and how that neural response may be associated with youth treatment outcomes. ..
- Kaiser H, Kaiser D, Krejci V, Saager L, Erdoes G, Hiltebrand L. Subcutaneous perfusion before and during surgery in obese and nonobese patients. Wound Repair Regen. 2016;24:175-80 pubmed publisher..Given the theoretical risks associated with low Psq O2 , future research should investigate how Psq O2 can be maintained after surgical incision. ..
- Schutte N, Nederend I, Hudziak J, Bartels M, de Geus E. Twin-sibling study and meta-analysis on the heritability of maximal oxygen consumption. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:210-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the twin-sibling study and meta-analyses showed that from childhood to early adulthood genetic factors determine more than half of the individual differences in VÌ‡o2max. ..
- Kerth C, Rowe C. Improved sensitivity for determining thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in ground beef. Meat Sci. 2016;117:85-8 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that the modified method of TBARS determination could provide researchers with a better assay to find differences while decreasing the amount of labor. ..
- Igelström K, Webb T, Kelly Y, Graziano M. Topographical Organization of Attentional, Social, and Memory Processes in the Human Temporoparietal Cortex. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the TPJ performs both domain-general and domain-specific computations that reside within spatially distinct functional components. ..
- Campian J, Gao X, Qian M, Eaton J. Cytochrome C oxidase activity and oxygen tolerance. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12430-8 pubmed..These observations may suggest new pharmaceutical strategies to diminish oxygen-mediated cellular damage. ..
- Landry C, Steele S, Manning S, Cheek A. Long term hypoxia suppresses reproductive capacity in the estuarine fish, Fundulus grandis. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2007;148:317-23 pubmed..Wild populations experience cyclic hypoxia which could have equivalent effects if daily hypoxic periods are long and frequent - a potential consequence of anthropogenic nutrient enrichment in marsh systems. ..
- Redel B, Brown A, Spate L, Whitworth K, Green J, Prather R. Glycolysis in preimplantation development is partially controlled by the Warburg Effect. Mol Reprod Dev. 2012;79:262-71 pubmed publisher..Here, we set the framework for using the WE to describe glucose metabolism and energy production during preimplantation development. ..
- Durrani Kolarik S, Pool C, Gray A, Heyob K, Cismowski M, Pryhuber G, et al. miR-29b supplementation decreases expression of matrix proteins and improves alveolarization in mice exposed to maternal inflammation and neonatal hyperoxia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L339-L349 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-29b restoration may be one component of a novel therapeutic strategy to treat or prevent severe BPD in prematurely born infants. ..
- Ganguly B, Tonomura N, Benson R, Osborne B, Granowitz E. Hyperbaric oxygen enhances apoptosis in hematopoietic cells. Apoptosis. 2002;7:499-510 pubmed..In summary, HBO enhances spontaneous and stimulus-induced apoptosis in hematopoietic cells, at least in part, by enhancing the intracellular accumulation of H(2)O(2). ..
- Kannurpatti S, Biswal B, Hudetz A. Baseline physiological state and the fMRI-BOLD signal response to apnea in anesthetized rats. NMR Biomed. 2003;16:261-8 pubmed..Apnea-induced increase in CBF affects the magnitude of the BOLD signal response when PaO2 remains constant or changes minimally. ..
- Yao Q, Haxhiu M, Zaidi S, Liu S, Jafri A, Martin R. Hyperoxia enhances brain-derived neurotrophic factor and tyrosine kinase B receptor expression in peribronchial smooth muscle of neonatal rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L307-14 pubmed..However, there was no corresponding effect on NGF and TrkA receptors. We speculate that the increased level of BDNF may contribute to hyperoxia-induced airway hyperresponsiveness in early postnatal life. ..
- Bautista J, Tracewell C, Schlodder E, Cunningham F, Brudvig G, Diner B. Construction and characterization of genetically modified synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 photosystem II core complexes containing carotenoids with shorter pi-conjugation than beta-carotene. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38839-50 pubmed..The ratio of Chl(+)/Car(+) is higher in the mutant core complexes, consistent with the higher reduction potential for Car(+). As the temperature increases, other carotenoids become accessible to oxidation by P(680)(+). ..
- Beall C. Two routes to functional adaptation: Tibetan and Andean high-altitude natives. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104 Suppl 1:8655-60 pubmed..Identifying the genetic bases of these traits is crucial to discovering the steps along the Tibetan and Andean routes to functional adaptation. ..
- Tipparaju S, Liu S, Barski O, Bhatnagar A. NADPH binding to beta-subunit regulates inactivation of voltage-gated K(+) channels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:269-76 pubmed..These observations suggest that NADPH binding is essential for optimal interaction between Kvalpha and beta subunits and for Kvbeta-induced inactivation of Kv currents. ..
- Sola A, Saldeño Y, Favareto V. Clinical practices in neonatal oxygenation: where have we failed? What can we do?. J Perinatol. 2008;28 Suppl 1:S28-34 pubmed publisher..Therapies that prove to be outdated or even dangerous must be eliminated while further research and confirmation of the best practices are determined. Freedom to choose can come at a price. ..
- MARTIN L, Delgado M. The influence of emotion regulation on decision-making under risk. J Cogn Neurosci. 2011;23:2569-81 pubmed publisher..g., less risky choices), illustrating the potential importance of cognitive strategies in curbing risk-seeking behaviors before they become maladaptive (e.g., substance abuse). ..
- Som S, Catling D, Harnmeijer J, Polivka P, Buick R. Air density 2.7 billion years ago limited to less than twice modern levels by fossil raindrop imprints. Nature. 2012;484:359-62 pubmed publisher..The upper estimate for air density renders the pressure broadening explanation possible, but it is improbable under the likely lower estimates. Our results also disallow the extreme CO(2) levels required for hot Archaean climates. ..
- Gan J, Yuan W, Johnson L, Wang D, Nelson R, Zhang K. Hydrothermal conversion of big bluestem for bio-oil production: the effect of ecotype and planting location. Bioresour Technol. 2012;116:413-20 pubmed publisher..Bio-oils from big bluestem had yield, elemental composition, and chemical compounds similar to bio-oils from switchgrass and corncobs, although mass percentages of some of the compounds were slightly different...
- Taylor P, Gohel S, Di X, Walter M, Biswal B. Functional covariance networks: obtaining resting-state networks from intersubject variability. Brain Connect. 2012;2:203-17 pubmed..Several of the components determined from resting-state parameters in this manner correlate strongly with known resting-state functional maps, and we term these "functional covariance networks". ..
- Choi W, Rouleau C, Seo S, Luo Z, Zhou H, Fister T, et al. Atomic layer engineering of perovskite oxides for chemically sharp heterointerfaces. Adv Mater. 2012;24:6423-8 pubmed publisher..This study shows that inserting a monolayer of LaAlO(3) grown at high oxygen pressure dramatically enhances interface abruptness...
- Kline D, Yang T, Huang P, Prabhakar N. Altered respiratory responses to hypoxia in mutant mice deficient in neuronal nitric oxide synthase. J Physiol. 1998;511 ( Pt 1):273-87 pubmed..Peripheral as well as central mechanisms contributed to the altered responses to hypoxia. These results support the idea that nitric oxide generated by NOS-1 is an important physiological modulator of respiration during hypoxia. ..
- Zhang D, Kaufman P, Gao G, Saunders R, Ma J. Intravitreal injection of plasminogen kringle 5, an endogenous angiogenic inhibitor, arrests retinal neovascularization in rats. Diabetologia. 2001;44:757-65 pubmed..These observations suggest that intravitreal delivery of angiogenic inhibitors could have therapeutic benefits in neovascular diseases of the retina. ..
- Komisaruk B, Mosier K, Liu W, Criminale C, Zaborszky L, Whipple B, et al. Functional localization of brainstem and cervical spinal cord nuclei in humans with fMRI. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2002;23:609-17 pubmed..With 1.5-T fMRI, the CN nuclei of the pons and medulla, and other nuclei of the lower brainstem and cervical spinal cord, can be localized in awake humans with specific sensory stimulation or motor performance. ..
- Wolfe M, Heo J, Garavelli J, Ludden P. Hydroxylamine reductase activity of the hybrid cluster protein from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5898-902 pubmed..Further biochemical analyses were completed in order to determine the effects of various electron donors, different pH levels, and the presence of CN(-) on in vitro hydroxylamine reduction...
- Schreiber M. Damage control surgery. Crit Care Clin. 2004;20:101-18 pubmed..This strategy breaks the bloody vicious cycle and results in improved outcomes. Novel technologies like CAVR and rFVIIa contribute to the effectiveness of damage control...
- McDaniel N, Sugiura S, Kehler T, Fletcher J, Coloso R, Weis P, et al. Dissolved oxygen and dietary phosphorus modulate utilization and effluent partitioning of phosphorus in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) aquaculture. Environ Pollut. 2005;138:350-7 pubmed..Soluble effluent P was greater in fish fed 1.0% P. DO increases fish growth and modulates P partitioning in aquaculture effluent...
- Cook D, Nagelkirk P, Poluri A, Mores J, Natelson B. The influence of aerobic fitness and fibromyalgia on cardiorespiratory and perceptual responses to exercise in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:3351-62 pubmed..These results suggest that aerobic fitness and a concurrent diagnosis of FM are likely explanations for currently conflicting data and challenge ideas implicating metabolic disease in the pathogenesis of CFS. ..
- Kiselar J, Mahaffy R, Pollard T, Almo S, Chance M. Visualizing Arp2/3 complex activation mediated by binding of ATP and WASp using structural mass spectrometry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1552-7 pubmed
- Rozance P, Limesand S, Barry J, Brown L, Hay W. Glucose replacement to euglycemia causes hypoxia, acidosis, and decreased insulin secretion in fetal sheep with intrauterine growth restriction. Pediatr Res. 2009;65:72-8 pubmed publisher..275 +/- 0.071 Glu vs. 7.354 +/- 0.003 Sal, p < 0.01) in the Glu group. We conclude that correction of fetal hypoglycemia is not well tolerated and fails to increase insulin concentrations or beta-cell mass in IUGR fetuses. ..
- Cassavaugh J, Lounsbury K. Hypoxia-mediated biological control. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:735-44 pubmed publisher..It is clear that more interaction between researchers in these fields will improve the development of therapies that either promote or prevent hypoxic responses. ..
- Bailey Serres J, Fukao T, Gibbs D, Holdsworth M, Lee S, Licausi F, et al. Making sense of low oxygen sensing. Trends Plant Sci. 2012;17:129-38 pubmed publisher..We propose that the turnover of group VII ERFs is of ecological relevance in wetland species and might be manipulated to improve flood tolerance of crops. ..
- Tokunaga C, Chen Y, Dailey W, Cheng M, Drenser K. Retinal vascular rescue of oxygen-induced retinopathy in mice by norrin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:222-9 pubmed publisher..Activation of Wnt-signaling (norrin) and inhibition of Wnt-canonical signaling (DKK1) result in similar improvement, indicating that norrin promotes improved vascularization, at least in part, by way of noncanonical Wnt-signaling. ..
- Wu J, Cheng Z, Reddie K, Carroll K, Hammad L, Karty J, et al. RegB kinase activity is repressed by oxidative formation of cysteine sulfenic acid. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4755-62 pubmed publisher..Cys-265 thus functions as a complex redox switch that can form multiple thiol modifications in response to different redox signals to control the kinase activity of RegB. ..
- Kowalski K, Hsieh Y, Dick T, DiMarco A. Diaphragm activation via high frequency spinal cord stimulation in a rodent model of spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2013;247:689-93 pubmed publisher..The rat may be a useful model for further studies evaluating phrenic motoneuron physiology...
- Graney B, Wamboldt F, Baird S, Churney T, Fier K, Korn M, et al. Looking ahead and behind at supplemental oxygen: A qualitative study of patients with pulmonary fibrosis. Heart Lung. 2017;46:387-393 pubmed publisher..The process could be improved by providing them with clearer expectations and trustworthy educational resources. Oxygen case managers could help patients incorporate supplemental oxygen more seamlessly into their lives. ..
- Guo W, Ziegler D. Estimation of flavin-containing monooxygenase activities in crude tissue preparations by thiourea-dependent oxidation of thiocholine. Anal Biochem. 1991;198:143-8 pubmed..In all tissues where both can be measured, rates of thiocholine oxidation and N,N-dimethylaniline N-oxygenation were virtually identical, which suggests that both activities are catalyzed by the same monooxygenase...
- Weston D, Bauerle W. Inhibition and acclimation of C(3) photosynthesis to moderate heat: a perspective from thermally contrasting genotypes of Acer rubrum (red maple). Tree Physiol. 2007;27:1083-92 pubmed
- Murray J, Concha M, Politzer P. Molecular surface electrostatic potentials as guides to Si-O-N angle contraction: tunable ?-holes. J Mol Model. 2011;17:2151-7 pubmed publisher..These two factors work in synergy and attest to the electrostatically-driven nature of the Si---N intramolecular interactions, highlighting their tunability. ..
- Liu X, Follmer D, Zweier J, Huang X, Hemann C, Liu K, et al. Characterization of the function of cytoglobin as an oxygen-dependent regulator of nitric oxide concentration. Biochemistry. 2012;51:5072-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, the coexistence of Cygb with efficient reductants in tissues allows Cygb to function as an O(2)-dependent regulator of NO decay. ..
- Tsui E, Tran R, Yano J, Agapie T. Redox-inactive metals modulate the reduction potential in heterometallic manganese-oxido clusters. Nat Chem. 2013;5:293-9 pubmed publisher..The Sr(2+) and Ca(2+) compounds show similar potentials, an observation that correlates with the behaviour of the oxygen-evolving complex of photosystem II, which is active only if one of these two metals is present. ..
- Achmon Y, Harrold D, Claypool J, Stapleton J, VanderGheynst J, Simmons C. Assessment of tomato and wine processing solid wastes as soil amendments for biosolarization. Waste Manag. 2016;48:156-164 pubmed publisher..Red wine grape pomace was generally less suitable for biosolarization due to significantly lower soil temperature elevations, reduced acidification relative to the other pomaces and induction of methanogenesis in the soil. ..
- Locuson C, Rock D, Jones J. Quantitative binding models for CYP2C9 based on benzbromarone analogues. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6948-58 pubmed..The overlap of this ketone with electronegative groups of other 2C9 substrates suggests they act as key positive charge acceptors. ..
- Adams J, DiFazio L, Rolandelli R, Luján J, Haskó G, Csóka B, et al. HIF-1: a key mediator in hypoxia. Acta Physiol Hung. 2009;96:19-28 pubmed publisher..The better understanding of the functions of HIF-1 and the pharmacological modulation of its activity could mean a successful therapeutic approach to these diseases. ..
- Rane S, He M, Sayed D, Vashistha H, Malhotra A, Sadoshima J, et al. Downregulation of miR-199a derepresses hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and Sirtuin 1 and recapitulates hypoxia preconditioning in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2009;104:879-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, the data demonstrate a functional link between 2 key molecules that regulate hypoxia preconditioning and longevity. ..
- Van Humbeck J, Simonovich S, Knowles R, MacMillan D. Concerning the mechanism of the FeCl3-catalyzed alpha-oxyamination of aldehydes: evidence for a non-SOMO activation pathway. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:10012-4 pubmed publisher..The mechanistic details reported herein indicate that, as has been proposed for previously studied alcohol oxidations, complexation between TEMPO and a simple metal salt leads to electrophilic ionic reactivity. ..
- Moskovitz J, Malik A, Hernandez A, Band M, Avivi A. Methionine sulfoxide reductases and methionine sulfoxide in the subterranean mole rat (Spalax): characterization of expression under various oxygen conditions. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2012;161:406-14 pubmed publisher..norvegicus and S. galili brain. It was concluded that among all species examined, S. galili appears to be more responsive to oxygen tension changes and that the Msr system is upregulated mainly by severe hypoxia...
- Maier R, Moshiri F. Role of the Azotobacter vinelandii nitrogenase-protective shethna protein in preventing oxygen-mediated cell death. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:3854-7 pubmed..Nitrogenase or other powerful reductants associated with N(2) fixation may be sources of damaging partially reduced oxygen species, and the production of such species are perhaps minimized by the Shethna protein. ..
- Chen B, Pogue B, Zhou X, O Hara J, Solban N, Demidenko E, et al. Effect of tumor host microenvironment on photodynamic therapy in a rat prostate tumor model. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:720-7 pubmed..To obtain clinically relevant information, orthotopic tumor model should be used in the experimental studies. ..
- Shin S, Mitalipova M, Noggle S, Tibbitts D, Venable A, Rao R, et al. Long-term proliferation of human embryonic stem cell-derived neuroepithelial cells using defined adherent culture conditions. Stem Cells. 2006;24:125-38 pubmed..NEP cells were continuously propagated for longer than 6 months without losing their multipotent cell characteristics and maintained a stable chromosome number. ..
- Lakshminrusimha S, Russell J, Steinhorn R, Swartz D, Ryan R, Gugino S, et al. Pulmonary hemodynamics in neonatal lambs resuscitated with 21%, 50%, and 100% oxygen. Pediatr Res. 2007;62:313-8 pubmed..We conclude that, while ventilation with 100% O2 at birth results in a greater initial decrease in PVR, subsequent pulmonary vasodilation to NO/acetylcholine is impaired. ..
- Scott C, Lyons T, Bekker A, Shen Y, Poulton S, Chu X, et al. Tracing the stepwise oxygenation of the Proterozoic ocean. Nature. 2008;452:456-9 pubmed publisher..By 551 Myr ago, molybdenum contents reflect a greatly expanded oceanic reservoir due to oxygenation of the deep ocean and corresponding decrease in sulphidic conditions in the sediments and water column...
- Wong W, Goehring A, Kapiloff M, Langeberg L, Scott J. mAKAP compartmentalizes oxygen-dependent control of HIF-1alpha. Sci Signal. 2008;1:ra18 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that compartmentalization of oxygen-sensitive signaling components may influence the fidelity and magnitude of the hypoxic response. ..
- Fridriksson J, Bonilha L, Baker J, Moser D, Rorden C. Activity in preserved left hemisphere regions predicts anomia severity in aphasia. Cereb Cortex. 2010;20:1013-9 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with others who suggests that residual language function following stroke relies on preserved cortical areas in the left hemisphere...
- Chang C, Nunes S, Sibole S, Krishnan L, Williams S, Weiss J, et al. Angiogenesis in a microvascular construct for transplantation depends on the method of chamber circulation. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:795-805 pubmed publisher..By altering circulation conditions in the DIP chamber, we can control, possibly by modulating hypoxic stress, prevascularizing activity in vitro. ..
- Service R, Hillier W, Debus R. Evidence from FTIR difference spectroscopy of an extensive network of hydrogen bonds near the oxygen-evolving Mn(4)Ca cluster of photosystem II involving D1-Glu65, D2-Glu312, and D1-Glu329. Biochemistry. 2010;49:6655-69 pubmed publisher..This behavior is consistent with D1-Asp61, D1-Glu65, and D2-Glu312 participating in a dominant proton egress channel that links the Mn(4)Ca cluster with the thylakoid lumen. ..
- SÃ¸nderholm M, Kragh K, Koren K, Jakobsen T, Darch S, Alhede M, et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa Aggregate Formation in an Alginate Bead Model System Exhibits In Vivo-Like Characteristics. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..This model provides an alternative to surface biofilm models and adds to the comprehension that biofilms do not depend on a surface for formation. ..
- Stolper D, Love G, Bates S, Lyons T, Young E, Sessions A, et al. Paleoecology and paleoceanography of the Athel silicilyte, Ediacaran-Cambrian boundary, Sultanate of Oman. Geobiology. 2017;15:401-426 pubmed publisher..We propose that the silicilyte may represent a type of environment that existed elsewhere during the Neoproterozoic. These environments may have represented an important locus for silica removal from the oceans. ..
- Choi H, Yang Z, Weisshaar J. Oxidative stress induced in E. coli by the human antimicrobial peptide LL-37. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AMP activity in different tissues may be tuned according to the local oxygen level. This may be significant for control of opportunistic pathogens while enabling growth of commensal bacteria. ..
- DuPlessis E, Pellett J, Stankovich M, Thorpe C. Oxidase activity of the acyl-CoA dehydrogenases. Biochemistry. 1998;37:10469-77 pubmed..Evolutionary and mechanistic aspects of the suppression of oxygen reactivity in the acyl-CoA dehydrogenases are discussed. ..
- Pryhuber G, O Brien D, Baggs R, Phipps R, Huyck H, Sanz I, et al. Ablation of tumor necrosis factor receptor type I (p55) alters oxygen-induced lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;278:L1082-90 pubmed..The current study supports the prediction that therapeutic efforts to block TNF-alpha receptor function will not protect against pulmonary oxygen toxicity...
- Sun J, Folk D, Bradley T, Tower J. Induced overexpression of mitochondrial Mn-superoxide dismutase extends the life span of adult Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2002;161:661-72 pubmed..Cu/ZnSOD overexpression also increases mean and maximum life span. For both MnSOD and Cu/ZnSOD lines, increased life span was not associated with decreased metabolic activity, as measured by O2 consumption. ..
- Staversky R, Watkins R, Wright T, Hernady E, LoMonaco M, D angio C, et al. Normal remodeling of the oxygen-injured lung requires the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21(Cip1/WAF1/Sdi1). Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1383-93 pubmed..This observation has important implications for therapeutic strategies designed to attenuate long-term chronic lung disease after oxidant injury. ..
- Krowka M, Mandell M, Ramsay M, Kawut S, Fallon M, Manzarbeitia C, et al. Hepatopulmonary syndrome and portopulmonary hypertension: a report of the multicenter liver transplant database. Liver Transpl. 2004;10:174-82 pubmed..For patients who subsequently underwent OLT, transplant hospitalization mortality remained significant for both those with HPS (16%) and PortoPH (36%). ..
- Poole D, Behnke B, McDonough P, McAllister R, Wilson D. Measurement of muscle microvascular oxygen pressures: compartmentalization of phosphorescent probe. Microcirculation. 2004;11:317-26 pubmed..These results suggest that in normotensive muscle (i.e., Group 1 above), extravasation of phosphorescent probe R2 over 35 min of perfusion is insufficient to yield a detectable phosphorescence signal in skeletal muscle. ..
- Xu K, Lamanna J. Chronic hypoxia and the cerebral circulation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2006;100:725-30 pubmed..The CBF response appears linked to the blood oxygen-carrying capacity, whereas the hypoxia-induced brain angiogenesis appears to be in response to tissue hypoxia. ..
- Liu X, Alexander C, Serrano J, Borg E, Dawson D. Variable reactivity of an engineered cysteine at position 338 in cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator reflects different chemical states of the thiol. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8275-85 pubmed..Metal liganding alters thiol reactivity and may, in some cases, catalyze oxidation of the thiol to an unreactive form such as a sulfinic or sulfonic acid. ..
- Thomas M, Flanary L, Brown B, Katze M, Baskin C. Use of human nasal cannulas during bronchoscopy procedures as a simple method for maintaining adequate oxygen saturation in pigtailed macaques (Macaca nemestrina). J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2006;45:44-8 pubmed
- Wagner M, Torrez D. Interpretation of the polysomnogram in children. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2007;40:745-59 pubmed..The scoring and interpretation of PSG differs in children and adults. The pediatric PSG should be interpreted by a pediatric professional knowledgeable in normal development and sleep disorders in children...
- Farouk A, Karimi M, Henderson M, Ostrowsky J, Siwik E, Hennein H. Cerebral regional oxygenation during aortic coarctation repair in pediatric population. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2008;34:26-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that cerebral saturation monitoring is warranted, and may be indicative of cerebral hypoperfusion. ..
- Starkenburg S, Arp D, Bottomley P. Expression of a putative nitrite reductase and the reversible inhibition of nitrite-dependent respiration by nitric oxide in Nitrobacter winogradskyi Nb-255. Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:3036-42 pubmed publisher..In light of this new information, a modified model is proposed to explain how NirK and NO manage electron flux in Nitrobacter...
- Moulton E, Becerra L, Borsook D. An fMRI case report of photophobia: activation of the trigeminal nociceptive pathway. Pain. 2009;145:358-63 pubmed publisher..After recovery from photophobia, no significant activations were detected in these areas. This study may contribute to a better understanding of the pathways involved in photophobia in the human condition...
- Gobble R, Groesch K, Chang M, Torry R, Torry D. Differential regulation of human PlGF gene expression in trophoblast and nontrophoblast cells by oxygen tension. Placenta. 2009;30:869-75 pubmed publisher..However, regulation of PlGF transcription is not mediated by functional HIF-1 activity in either cell type. ..
- Chundawat S, Vismeh R, Sharma L, Humpula J, da Costa Sousa L, Chambliss C, et al. Multifaceted characterization of cell wall decomposition products formed during ammonia fiber expansion (AFEX) and dilute acid based pretreatments. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:8429-38 pubmed publisher..g. lactic and succinic acids) yield was 100-1000-fold lower during AFEX compared to previous reports using sodium hydroxide as pretreatment reagent. ..
- Hubbell J, Aarnes T, Bednarski R, Lerche P, Muir W. Effect of 50% and maximal inspired oxygen concentrations on respiratory variables in isoflurane-anesthetized horses. BMC Vet Res. 2011;7:23 pubmed publisher..Reducing FiO₂ in dorsally recumbent isoflurane anesthetized horses does not improve oxygenation or oxygen delivery. ..
- Li Z, Woollard J, Wang S, Korsmo M, Ebrahimi B, Grande J, et al. Increased glomerular filtration rate in early metabolic syndrome is associated with renal adiposity and microvascular proliferation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F1078-87 pubmed publisher..Renal adiposity and proliferative microvessels may represent novel therapeutic targets for preserving renal function in early MetS. ..
- Lazaridis C, Czosnyka M. Cerebral blood flow, brain tissue oxygen, and metabolic effects of decompressive craniectomy. Neurocrit Care. 2012;16:478-84 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the pathophysiology of pressure-flow and cerebral hemodynamic consequences of DC could assist in optimizing clinical decision making and further defining the role of decompressive craniectomy. ..